Devs, you broke Otz's heart ๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ˜ก

Watch Otz's last livestream from 1h 1m 35 seconds:

https://www.twitch.tv/otzdarva/v/1252872920?sr=a


All this effort from such an appreciated influencer of Dbd to improve the game, and little feedback from the devs on the important things that matter in "the real world" (of Dbd), as always.

The Twins changes (and the Twins themselves because of how Frustrating it is to play them because of all their issues) just show how detached from the reality of Dbd the devs are, or that they're purposely ignoring the frustration and the feedback.

I don't wanna list in this post all the bad and frustrating things Dbd has, just the massive hacker epidemic and circle of healing are enough, but I will say this:

We already lost some streamers during time, we'll lose Dowsey and others forever MAYBE when VHS open beta and the full game comes out, and we'll lose Scott Jund maybe( he said he will just focus on it and nothing else, maybe he could get pissed by Dbd and leave it forever) ,and Tru3ta1ent DEFINITELY (he said it himself) when Elden Ring will come out. And many little others like Marth, Space Coconut.

I don't wanna lose even Otz forever, pls devs, do something!

Save Dbd, and don't let so many streamers leave, because it's very possible that Otz could leave Dbd for Elden Ring, even if he doesn't say it.

Comments

  • Why would he be upset about the patch? I thought he could win with no perks/addons and AFKing no problem ez pz

  • Your link doesn't seem to connect to anything

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732080#Comment_2732080

    why do you people always come up with smug rhetorical questions like this?

    Exactly

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    Watch the livestream from 1h 1m 35 seconds:

    https://www.twitch.tv/otzdarva/v/1252872920?sr=a&t=3696s

    All this effort from such an appreciated influencer of Dbd to improve the game, and little feedback from the devs on the important things that matter in "the real world" (of Dbd), as always.

    The Twins changes (and the Twins themselves because of how Frustrating it is to play them because of all their issues) just show how detached from the reality of Dbd the devs are, or that they're purposely ignoring the frustration and the feedback.

    I don't wanna list in this post all the bad and frustrating things Dbd has, just the massive hacker epidemic and circle of healing are enough, but I will say this:

    We already lost some streamers during time, we'll lose Dowsey and others forever MAYBE when VHS open beta and the full game comes out, and we'll lose Scott Jund maybe( he said he will just focus on it and nothing else, maybe he could get pissed by Dbd and leave it forever) ,and Tru3ta1ent DEFINITELY (he said it himself) when Elden Ring will come out. And many little others like Marth, Space Coconut.

    I don't wanna lose even Otz forever, pls devs, do something!

    Save Dbd, and don't let so many streamers leave, because it's very possible that Otz could leave Dbd for Elden Ring, even if he doesn't say it.

    for the record Otz tru3 and I are absolutely dropping DBD for Elden Ring. I doubt permanently though.

  • Until devs announce qol changes for killers this might be the year to just step away. Let those that proclaim the role is overly easy take the reigns and carry the game.

  • @Adjatha said:

    Your link doesn't seem to connect to anything

    Yeah. I just put the link with no time, still doesn't direct to the livestream. If anyone could put on a functioning link to Otz's last livestream, it would be appreciated.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732080#Comment_2732080

    why do you people always come up with smug rhetorical questions like this?

    Because this is the DBD Forums and 99% are stuck on sarcasm/sass mode.

    But back on Otz, its pain. Shows how everyones feeling inside, cant think of anyone who actually approves of this patch wholely.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    Until devs announce qol changes for killers this might be the year to just step away. Let those that proclaim the role is overly easy take the reigns and carry the game.

    Honestly the thing that worries me is if the do come through with those solo buffs(I'm all for them) it's going to take lime 6 months to start buffing killers.

  • After what I went through today I dont blame anyone for dropping DBD for anything. This game is not fun for killers anymore.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732080#Comment_2732080

    why do you people always come up with smug rhetorical questions like this?

    Because they just want ez upvotes, maybe so they get the forum achievement.

  • They'd probably leave regardless, Elden Ring has so much hype.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303316/devs-you-broke-otzs-heart

    for the record Otz tru3 and I are absolutely dropping DBD for Elden Ring. I doubt permanently though.

    Oh #########, I just realised now you were Scott reading the name XD! Nice to see you here!

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    Until devs announce qol changes for killers this might be the year to just step away. Let those that proclaim the role is overly easy take the reigns and carry the game.

    But that was Otz lol...

  • @Pipefish said:

    They'd probably leave regardless, Elden Ring has so much hype.

    The question is who will leave FOREVER, with no going back.

  • @Slaughterhouse3 said:

    After what I went through today I dont blame anyone for dropping DBD for anything. This game is not fun for killers anymore.

    What happened?

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303316/devs-you-broke-otzs-heart

    for the record Otz tru3 and I are absolutely dropping DBD for Elden Ring. I doubt permanently though.

    OHNO.jpg

    (you also going to be back as soon as you realize how many people are streaming elden ring and how much your viewers are gonna drop)

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/303316/devs-you-broke-otzs-heart

    for the record Otz tru3 and I are absolutely dropping DBD for Elden Ring. I doubt permanently though.

    I think that's one of the first things you have ever posted that I hit the like button on! Bye bye!

  • Ok, either you're ignoring on purpose all the problems the game has and writing passive aggressive comments to play with feelings in some way, or you're completely clueless on why some people that actually play the game are frustrated. Not just because of the game, but the atmosphere that got created around it. It's one of the two.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732103#Comment_2732103

    Honestly the thing that worries me is if the do come through with those solo buffs(I'm all for them) it's going to take lime 6 months to start buffing killers.

    Exactly, let them make adjustments to survivors. I hope they do close the gap, but I know I'm not gonna play through all that in hopes that killer changes aren't far behind.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732103#Comment_2732103

    Honestly the thing that worries me is if the do come through with those solo buffs(I'm all for them) it's going to take lime 6 months to start buffing killers.

    Pretty bold of you to assume they'll put anything in to buff every killer. The more likely course will be minor, targeted (but unasked for) buffs to niche use cases for SOME powers, often with built-in nerfs to other parts of the killer power (for BALANCE), while survivors get yet more free information/evasion/deception tools with no counter nerfs or built-in requirements.

    Killers will never get something like Universal Corrupt Intervention, but survivors MIGHT get universal Kindred (or at the very least, their proposed mini-kindred)

  • @talama said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732101#Comment_2732101

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LIK2N06DLKK0/ohno.jpg

    (you also going to be back as soon as you realize how many people are streaming elden ring and how much your viewers are gonna drop)

    Ehm no because Elden Ring will be such a massive and constantly updated open world game that views maybe will be almost the same.

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732114#Comment_2732114

    The question is who will leave FOREVER, with no going back.

    While I don't see them immediately quitting forever given a lot of their viewers are subscribed for their DBD content. However if they post Elden Ring content and those videos get far more viewers and subscribers that's another story. Streamers aren't like players in that they got to also earn a living. Streamers like SpaceCoconut were only able to forever quit DBD because most of his audience never really liked DBD to begin with and was looking for something new like SpaceCoconut himself.

  • Thing is, there isnt good clarity on how dbd works. Which leads to a lack of clarity on why some decisions were made.

    McLean has made it quite clear that the devs care more about the fun of DBD, than its competitive viability, which is fair, because I dont really see all killers be roughly equal in strength. Even if you were to buff Clown to be near Nurse in strength and potential, he would be EXTREMELY boring to face. Let alone that I wouldnt mind losing a game if the game was fun. While I dont really care for the win, if the conditions for the win are not fun.

    In fact, I can bet I am correct in this:

    99.9999% of the players believe that Invigoration has an equal effect on Clown as it has on Survivors.

    When in reality, it turns Survivors from 100% to 110%, and Clown from 115% to 126.5%. Clown gains an extra 1.5% if both are invigorated, meaning even if both are invigorated, Clown does close the gap slightly faster.

    This small factoid alone, is arguably one of the biggest reasons why there is such a big gap between the devs and the players.

    Also, NOED on 115% killers increase movementspeed by 4.6% and on 110% killers by 4.4%.

  • @Pipefish said:

    They'd probably leave regardless, Elden Ring has so much hype.

    Elden Ring looks good I guess? Totally different genre though. Looks to me like Neverwinter with better graphics basically. I have basically no interest in it. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

  • @Veinslay said:

    Why would he be upset about the patch? I thought he could win with no perks/addons and AFKing no problem ez pz

    Why the hell do people only care about winning? I want an experience, and it has gotten stale.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732114#Comment_2732114

    Elden Ring looks good I guess? Totally different genre though. Looks to me like Neverwinter with better graphics basically. I have basically no interest in it. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

    Exactly its a totally different genre. Not like its going to replace DBD for them because its a completely different experience. Meanwhile if it was a game that played like DBD but was much more enjoyable that'd be another story...

  • @Pipefish said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732147#Comment_2732147

    Exactly its a totally different genre. Not like its going to replace DBD for them because its a completely different experience. Meanwhile if it was a game that played like DBD but was much more enjoyable that'd be another story...

    Right, I mean VHS is the one that's closer to DbD, and honestly even that looks more like Overwatch than this.

    (And after I posted the above I realized Elden Ring looks like it resembles Monster Hunter World more than Neverwinter. I liked Monster Hunter World a bit, not enough to stick with it for very long though. Honestly if I want to play an RPG I'll just go play Path of Exile probably.)

  • @OpenX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732101#Comment_2732101

    I think that's one of the first things you have ever posted that I hit the like button on! Bye bye!

    Huh. Usually people realize the biggest content creators leaving a game (Otz, tru3) is generally not good for the game's health. Weird thing to celebrate but to each their own.

  • Who cares?

    The game isn't going to suffer from one streamer leaving. At this point there are more DBD streamers than there aren't.

  • Otz and scott streamed Dark souls for years before trying DBD and when they did their views dropped a lot. Its always like this when switching games.

    But Elden ring is something they know and already love so I am not afraid of their views at all, in fact I cant wait to watch them play it

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732130#Comment_2732130

    Huh. Usually people realize the biggest content creators leaving a game (Otz, tru3) is generally not good for the game's health. Weird thing to celebrate but to each their own.

    Everyone is gonna play ELDEN RING for a good month, and then they are back to dbd again....

  • @Forrestgump said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732174#Comment_2732174

    Everyone is gonna play ELDEN RING for a good month, and then they are back to dbd again....

    Otz literally still does challenge runs in Dark Souls games and practiced an absurd amount of time for Dark Souls II no-hit runs. It also has PVP which will keep people like tru3 and I occupied for a long time. But like I said, probably not permanent and no one is pretending everyone is permanently leaving.

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    Watch the livestream from 1h 1m 35 seconds:

    https://www.twitch.tv/otzdarva/v/1252872920?sr=a&t=3696s

    All this effort from such an appreciated influencer of Dbd to improve the game, and little feedback from the devs on the important things that matter in "the real world" (of Dbd), as always.

    The Twins changes (and the Twins themselves because of how Frustrating it is to play them because of all their issues) just show how detached from the reality of Dbd the devs are, or that they're purposely ignoring the frustration and the feedback.

    I don't wanna list in this post all the bad and frustrating things Dbd has, just the massive hacker epidemic and circle of healing are enough, but I will say this:

    We already lost some streamers during time, we'll lose Dowsey and others forever MAYBE when VHS open beta and the full game comes out, and we'll lose Scott Jund maybe( he said he will just focus on it and nothing else, maybe he could get pissed by Dbd and leave it forever) ,and Tru3ta1ent DEFINITELY (he said it himself) when Elden Ring will come out. And many little others like Marth, Space Coconut.

    I don't wanna lose even Otz forever, pls devs, do something!

    Save Dbd, and don't let so many streamers leave, because it's very possible that Otz could leave Dbd for Elden Ring, even if he doesn't say it.

    Bro watching that otz clip made me genuinely sad, you can tell the dude works his ass off to provide feedback to the devs and make videos detailing what he feels the community wants and to see it all get ignored even by a fogwhisper and the ######### mood he was in just breaks my heart man ๐Ÿ’”

  • I'ma keep bumping this occasionally cause I hope the devs see this thread

    Guys like otz and Scott and true

    Despite everyone not always agreeing with their opinions but they all work hard asf and you can tell that especially otz

    I really can not stress it enough it really breaks my heart to see otz like that

    Like he said in the stream I stream this game for 7 hours a day I make videos for 3 hours a day I provide feedback and all of this for what

    For what

  • Dayum... By breaking Odz heart, you broke mine, too.

    People should really show some empathy for people who did so much for the game, instead of just throwing around smug / sarcastic one liners.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Who cares?

    The game isn't going to suffer from one streamer leaving. At this point there are more DBD streamers than there aren't.

    Most everyone I know has already switched to Propnight. I'll admit I have more fun with it. When VHS comes out that could be it fellas.

    inb4 "don't let the door hit you on the way out"

    Behaviour knows something's up, hence the stilted update and early spoilers for Ringu.

  • Completely bullied for 10-15 games in a row. Now I am not the best killer ever but its never been that bad before ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732179#Comment_2732179

    Most everyone I know has already switched to Propnight. I'll admit I have more fun with it. When VHS comes out that could be it fellas.

    inb4 "don't let the door hit you on the way out"

    Behaviour knows something's up, hence the stilted update and early spoilers for Ringu.

    Propnight looks like the less mature version of DBD.

    VHS hasn't even established itself as a "game" yet, so I doubt it will have as big of an impact. Not to mention that most people on here seem to not be ok with "bully" simulators which is what that game seems to cater to because you create weapons to go gang up on the killer and kill them.

    Not to mention some of us will be playing some of those games AND DBD because they are vastly different.

  • Who cares? They'll be back. If not, it won't hurt the game. People will just watch other streamers.

  • @DemonDaddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732107#Comment_2732107

    Exactly, let them make adjustments to survivors. I hope they do close the gap, but I know I'm not gonna play through all that in hopes that killer changes aren't far behind.

    I'm in the same place unfortunately

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732130#Comment_2732130

    Huh. Usually people realize the biggest content creators leaving a game (Otz, tru3) is generally not good for the game's health. Weird thing to celebrate but to each their own.

    well tru3 believes that DBD will be dead in a year. He plans to quit DBD in 1 year if killer does not improve.

  • @Adjatha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732107#Comment_2732107

    Pretty bold of you to assume they'll put anything in to buff every killer. The more likely course will be minor, targeted (but unasked for) buffs to niche use cases for SOME powers, often with built-in nerfs to other parts of the killer power (for BALANCE), while survivors get yet more free information/evasion/deception tools with no counter nerfs or built-in requirements.

    Killers will never get something like Universal Corrupt Intervention, but survivors MIGHT get universal Kindred (or at the very least, their proposed mini-kindred)

    Its happend be for I played back with og DS and the real gen rush meta and it got to the point where killers were leaving and survivors had like 30 minute q and the were forced to make changes.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    Who cares? They'll be back. If not, it won't hurt the game. People will just watch other streamers.

    It's ######### like this that is killing the game

    When you have the biggest content creators getting burnt out an feeling like their being ignored maybe the problem isnt the creators

    Especially when so many others agree

  • It is difficult to see Otz, someone who puts so much effort into DBD and it's community be so down.

    I don't always agree with him, but damn if he doesn't try his best to think of ways to improve the game.

  • @Leonardo1ita said:

    Watch the livestream from 1h 1m 35 seconds:

    https://www.twitch.tv/otzdarva/v/1252872920?sr=a&t=3696s

    All this effort from such an appreciated influencer of Dbd to improve the game, and little feedback from the devs on the important things that matter in "the real world" (of Dbd), as always.

    The Twins changes (and the Twins themselves because of how Frustrating it is to play them because of all their issues) just show how detached from the reality of Dbd the devs are, or that they're purposely ignoring the frustration and the feedback.

    I don't wanna list in this post all the bad and frustrating things Dbd has, just the massive hacker epidemic and circle of healing are enough, but I will say this:

    We already lost some streamers during time, we'll lose Dowsey and others forever MAYBE when VHS open beta and the full game comes out, and we'll lose Scott Jund maybe( he said he will just focus on it and nothing else, maybe he could get pissed by Dbd and leave it forever) ,and Tru3ta1ent DEFINITELY (he said it himself) when Elden Ring will come out. And many little others like Marth, Space Coconut.

    I don't wanna lose even Otz forever, pls devs, do something!

    Save Dbd, and don't let so many streamers leave, because it's very possible that Otz could leave Dbd for Elden Ring, even if he doesn't say it.

    Hey! thanks for this insight! Always sad to see people who try their best to be down. I totally understand him, unfortunately... I feel like the disconnection between the game designers and players is too huge to expect anything "good" at this point.

    I appreciate you putting this out here :3

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    Who cares? They'll be back. If not, it won't hurt the game. People will just watch other streamers.

    I down vote thee!!1

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732241#Comment_2732241

    It's ######### like this that is killing the game

    When you have the biggest content creators getting burnt out an feeling like their being ignored maybe the problem is the creators

    Especially when so many others agree

    Nothing is killing the game. It's doing just fine.

  • You know, we had downvotes once.

    It was....not a fun time.

  • @Slaughterhouse3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2732126#Comment_2732126

    Completely bullied for 10-15 games in a row. Now I am not the best killer ever but its never been that bad before ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Oh, so the game being a bully simulator finally caught up to the big streamers?

โ€น 1 2 3