Stop telling Killers to "just have fun" with an event that's only fun for SURVIVORS.

Yes the Snowmen are silly, you know what else they are? Unfair and not fun to deal with.

They ruin Ghostface's mark for whatever reason, can tank Tier 3 Myers and presumably any situation in which an M1 would instadown or otherwise, and basically act as a free health state for Survivors at no cost.

Killers don't even get anything in the bloodweb. So tell me, what aspect of this event is supposed to be "fun" for Killers?

Because even harder games are not my definition of "fun".

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @scenekiller said:

    This melodramatic nonsense is so tiring. The victim mentality of some killer mains on this forum apparently knows no bounds. You will always be “shafted” because you WANT to be - its your identity in this game.

    As for the snowmen - It’s a damn holiday event, get the hell over it.

    What fun that is, truly an impressive display of creativity. Survivors get to have fun and play as Snowmen, and Killers...

    Nothing. There is nothing for Killer, nothing in the bloodweb, nothing in the event, nothing but a free health state for Survivors.

    That is undeniable in every capacity.

  • @Pulsar said:

    It's not a good event, but at least they tried.

    Did they? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but this seems like them attempting to tie in with Propnight. Comes off as a bit. . . convenient that they come up with a new event mechanic just when another game with the same mechanic pops into the scene.

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688858#Comment_2688858

    Argument? Every comment from you is some variation of 'NUH UH'.

    There is nothing to argue. You added nothing to the discussion.

    So you missed all the mentions about killer responses that had fun?

  • @Rivyn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688783#Comment_2688783

    Did they? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but this seems like them attempting to tie in with Propnight. Comes off as a bit. . . convenient that they come up with a new event mechanic just when another game with the same mechanic pops into the scene.

    Eh, they made an attempt.

    It's better than nothing.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688781#Comment_2688781

    Survivors are just as whiney. Most people that play one side cry all the time. It’s not fair to single out one side.

    I disagree. Survivors cry too, but I see it a lot more from killers.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688846#Comment_2688846

    I disagree. Survivors cry too, but I see it a lot more from killers.

    Well it looks like we have different experiences, which I understand. In game, the ratio between whiney survivors and killers is like 20:1 in my experience. On the forums, it's a bit split.

  • All that matters is survivor fun. Killers are selfish meanies if they expect to have fun and not have an event that does nothing for them and serves as a massive nerf to them/buff to survivors. Why can't killers be like survivor mains who would surely never complain if there was an event where killers basically could get NOED in the middle of a match.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    All that matters is survivor fun. Killers are selfish meanies if they expect to have fun and not have an event that does nothing for them and serves as a massive nerf to them/buff to survivors. Why can't killers be like survivor mains who would surely never complain if there was an event where killers basically could get NOED in the middle of a match.

    Oh for sure, since the event doesn't negatively impact Survivors in any way, then it's totally fine!

    Never complain and just consume, haha funny Snowmen haha free charms and sweaters weeee tehehe such fun!

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688803#Comment_2688803

    I prefer to wait to get some non miserable killers.

    Actually i don't wait at all, my morning q's are a few seconds.

    That's so weird. Mornings are 90 seconds on killer, at least 5-10 minutes on survivor (I've had queues of almost 20 minutes). Peak is more like 10-30 seconds on killer, 2-5 minutes on survivor.

  • @Beaburd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688790#Comment_2688790

    It's a party game. If you aren't having fun, go play something else.

    If you think my words are dismissive, uncaring to your needs, and ignorant to one side of the game's fun, just remember that I'm re-using the literal words and mindset that the owners and developers of this game have used towards player-based frustrations for years.

    ---

    Best to just buckle up and learn to laugh, or go play Civilization.

    It being a party game is your belief. No one else is forced to accept that or believe it. Please understand that.

  • So I find enjoyment from playing this game to win. I don't enjoy memeing or farming...and so now we have an event that requires you to meme or farm to have fun? To just accept the silliness and poor balance because "it's a cool event"?


    Other games just have festive themes or a game mode for people that want to play more silly and chill matches...

  • Honestly, my only issue is the music.

    There was zero reason to make new music, just like the halloween event. Not to mention, it aint better.

    It's whatever, I just use spotify over the game and play the better versions for myself.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688826#Comment_2688826

    It being a party game is your belief. No one else is forced to accept that or believe it. Please understand that.

    The competitive scene is full of cheaters (stretch res), there's no real rewards for rank, MMR is based solely on results instead of performance, and high level balance play is purposely skewed to one side. The reaction to all of that from the developers has been a range of emotions from "go play something else if you're frustrated" to "we want to let people troll around in games" into "i dont particularly care about winning or losing myself when i play."

    I'm hard pressed to find anything that suggests this game's more competitive than, say, Mario Party, other than its generally darker atmosphere.

    ---

    But you're right, no one has to believe it. I like seeing player's passion anyway.

  • @PerfectlyPink said:

    So I find enjoyment from playing this game to win. I don't enjoy memeing or farming...and so now we have an event that requires you to meme or farm to have fun? To just accept the silliness and poor balance because "it's a cool event"?

    Other games just have festive themes or a game mode for people that want to play more silly and chill matches...

    Which is why I HATE the argument that you should just shut up and put up with a horribly balanced game because "you don't need to win, just chill bro lmao".

    I hate it because it is NOTHING but an excuse for a poorly balanced game. Winning shouldn't be punished, having fun by winning is not only perfectly fine, it's the GOAL of the [BAD WORD] PVP GAME.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688815#Comment_2688815

    That's so weird. Mornings are 90 seconds on killer, at least 5-10 minutes on survivor (I've had queues of almost 20 minutes). Peak is more like 10-30 seconds on killer, 2-5 minutes on survivor.

    Probably depends on where you live. I've never experienced survivor queues that long. It's usually instant during the day and 3-4 minutes at night. Killer is usually around 5-7 minutes during the day and instant at night.

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688912#Comment_2688912

    Which is why I HATE the argument that you should just shut up and put up with a horribly balanced game because "you don't need to win, just chill bro lmao".

    I hate it because it is disingenuous and NOTHING but an excuse for a poorly balanced game. Winning shouldn't be punished, having fun by winning is not only perfectly fine, it's the GOAL of the ######### PVP GAME.

    It's nothing but trash spewed from those who don't want their precious bully simulator ruined, and I abhor it.

    All of this could have been avoided if they didn't tank a hit the way they do. If they at the very least made it so you get inflicted with deep wound this might be fine.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688801#Comment_2688801

    "There are also survivor mains tryharding their side and only caring for winning as well, they would take your part in complaining about the event in this case."

    Would they? It seems to me like those Survivors would actively take advantage of the protection offered by the snowman in the middle of a chase.

    They are. I've had survivors use the snowman tactically every game to body block, close off loops for their friends, you name it.

  • @PerfectlyPink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688919#Comment_2688919

    All of this could have been avoided if they didn't tank a hit the way they do. If they at the very least made it so you get inflicted with deep wound this might be fine.

    This would actually be a really elegant solution.

  • This event has been amazing for my killer games! Survivors spawn in and rush to a snowman and hop inside. Then they come looking for you to get hit! Is this not the early game delay killers have been yelling for?! I know it will stop once everyone has their cosmetics but I'm enjoying it as of now

  • @Beaburd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688907#Comment_2688907

    The competitive scene is full of cheaters (stretch res), there's no real rewards for rank, MMR is based solely on results instead of performance, and high level balance play is purposely skewed to one side. The reaction to all of that from the developers has been a range of emotions from "go play something else if you're frustrated" to "we want to let people troll around in games" into "i dont particularly care about winning or losing myself when i play."

    I'm hard pressed to find anything that suggests this game's more competitive than, say, Mario Party, other than its generally darker atmosphere.

    ---

    But you're right, no one has to believe it. I like seeing player's passion anyway.

    So when have you played DBD at a party?

  • It doesn't seem super fun for most killers I've seen, and possibly could have been a lot better with a few small changes, BUT I will at least give BHVR props for trying to do something creative, and at least everyone gets some cosmetics.

    I don't care too much either way though, it's only for a couple weeks and I'm busy studying for finals so I haven't been playing DBD regardless (and won't for another week).

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688777#Comment_2688777

    Why do you tolerate such mediocrity? So many excuses for a blatantly poor decision, it's like the Devs have hired lap dogs who come barking every time they do something stupid to defend them.

    Here's a thought, I'd bet the farm your logic wouldn't be the same if SURVIVORS were having a harder time against Killers.

    But you'll deny that, your type ALWAYS does. Always.

    The devs tried to deliver something silly and fun. Is it perfect? Obviously not. The fact so many people are enjoying it should tell you something though. Maybe go play Civ 5 for a while.

  • You know killers can enjoy it too, right?

  • All I can say is good luck. Playing legion against snowmen sucks very bad. Mainly because they're immune to frenzy in it. :< Just waiting for me VHS beta key.

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688961#Comment_2688961

    Shut up. You're a child who tolerates garbage because it benefits you. An event that gives Survivors a free health state and Killers get NOTHING is NOT a good event.

    The shills for these Devs are such amateurs, so much verbal garbage.

    Yeah, I'm the child. I totally threw a massive tantrum because I didn't like an event. Let me clue you in on something skippy. If I think the devs messed up, I tell them. If I think they did good, I tell them. Pretty simple really.

    You don't like the event, no problem. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Did you offer constructive criticism? No, you just stomped your feet and whined like a toddler.

    Frankly I'm sick of the constant bitching around here. Killers act like everything in the game is against them. Their endless whining is just pathetic anymore. Not that survivors are guilt free either.

    So, I'll say again, if you're unhappy don't play.

  • @KateDunson said:

    Not having fun? Play Survivor or don't play till event ends, last time we have seen a good event like this was years ago. And it's for people like you that always complain about anything that the devs are scared and lazy to make new events

    Survivor is fun? Last I checked it really isnt that fun to play the power role.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688967#Comment_2688967

    Yeah, I'm the child. I totally threw a massive tantrum because I didn't like an event. Let me clue you in on something skippy. If I think the devs messed up, I tell them. If I think they did good, I tell them. Pretty simple really.

    You don't like the event, no problem. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Did you offer constructive criticism? No, you just stomped your feet and whined like a toddler.

    Frankly I'm sick of the constant bitching around here. Killers act like everything in the game is against them. Their endless whining is just pathetic anymore. Not that survivors are guilt free either.

    So, I'll say again, if you're unhappy don't play.

    Pure projection. That's all your type ever has, I laid out why the event wasn't fun for Killer as clearly as feasibly possible and STILL your response is "lol don't play then EZ"

    If this event was bad for Survivor you'd be the one on the forums rightfully complaining. You have nothing and you've said nothing, it's a bad poorly thought out event that you ONLY defend because it benefits you.

    You're so typical, just like all the other disingenuous excuses on this post.

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688977#Comment_2688977

    Pure projection. That's all your type ever has, I laid out why the event wasn't fun for Killer as clearly as feasibly possible and STILL your response is "lol don't play then EZ"

    If this event was bad for Survivor you'd be the one on the forums rightfully complaining. You have nothing and you've said nothing, it's a bad poorly thought out event that you ONLY defend because it benefits you.

    You're so typical, just like all the other disingenuous excuses on this post.

    I play both sides. So how has it benefited me? As for me telling you not to play, what else do you expect? There's not going to be some rapid radical change to the event. So if you're not enjoying it the obvious answer is not to play in it. If I'm not having fun with a game, I take a break from it. Why this is so hard for you to grasp is a mystery.

  • @Pulsar said:

    It's not a good event, but at least they tried.

    You know what, I agree with this statement.

    It isn't a GOOD event, per say, but at least they TRIED! What did we get for Halloween? Pumpkin kicking with RNG speed boosts or hincerances.

    At least this one is kinda unique and silly.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    This event has been amazing for my killer games! Survivors spawn in and rush to a snowman and hop inside. Then they come looking for you to get hit! Is this not the early game delay killers have been yelling for?! I know it will stop once everyone has their cosmetics but I'm enjoying it as of now

    I've literally never seen a group doing this.

    What happens in my games is survivors making a beeline to them mid chase to use as an easy extra health state, and sometimes possible SWFs will use them to bodyblock really effectively. You can almost totally block a hook with them.

  • @DarKaron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688783#Comment_2688783

    You know what, I agree with this statement.

    It isn't a GOOD event, per say, but at least they TRIED! What did we get for Halloween? Pumpkin kicking with RNG speed boosts or hincerances.

    At least this one is kinda unique and silly.

    Midnight Grove was one of the best archives to come out, that also translated into free cosmetics (That were arguably better, IMO)

    The issue with this event is it takes less than 30 seconds of playtesting to go "Huh, maybe the survivor should lose a health state or take several status effects upon being meleed out of the snowman."

    And the issue, repeated in more blunt terms is, we KNOW they playtested at least 30 seconds. That means they made a conscious, informed decision to make the Killer's life even harder than it already is. It's beyond tone deaf at this point.

  • Cleaning up and closing this thread here, as the OP has been argumentative, and attacking those that have disagreed with them. As a reminder, there are those here on the forums that you will disagree with on one or more topics, but please remember to keep disagreements and conversations with others, and their thoughts on the topic, civil and respectful. Thank you.

1 2 ›