Stop telling Killers to "just have fun" with an event that's only fun for SURVIVORS.

Yes the Snowmen are silly, you know what else they are? Unfair and not fun to deal with.

They ruin Ghostface's mark for whatever reason, can tank Tier 3 Myers and presumably any situation in which an M1 would instadown or otherwise, and basically act as a free health state for Survivors at no cost.

Killers don't even get anything in the bloodweb. So tell me, what aspect of this event is supposed to be "fun" for Killers?

Because even harder games are not my definition of "fun".

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Not having fun? Play Survivor or don't play till event ends, last time we have seen a good event like this was years ago. And it's for people like you that always complain about anything that the devs are scared and lazy to make new events

  • @KateDunson said:

    Not having fun? Play Survivor or don't play till event ends, last time we have seen a good event like this was years ago. And it's for people like you that always complain about anything that the devs are scared and lazy to make new events

    "Just play Survivor 4head" Maybe I don't want to. Maybe I want to play Killer and ALSO have a good time.

    Maybe I wish Devs would actually give a ######### about Killers and make events (and the entire game) equally fun for BOTH sides, and if you think that's too much to ask, I have NOTHING to say to you.

  • This is the best event EVER and a lot of fun for both sides for me, seeing people mess around and meme. Go play CIV for 2 weeks, I love this event and am ultra happy to face killers that enjoy the event as well, having a good chat afterwards when the killer watched my snowy boy being chased by a zombie and DONT FREAKING care about winning and sweating for two chilling weeks

  • Yeah, I don't really mind snowmen but I've already had a few chases where the survivor hops in one and its basically a shield, and hitting them puts you in full cooldown so they have time to reach a safer tile.

    The only good aspect they have for the killer side is that some survivors will throw games just to get hit inside a snowmen and get their reward, but this will only last 2-3 days max and once people get all their rewards you'll see everyone stop calling snowmen "fun", because they'll get used as shield to extend chases even longer or to avoid a down, like there aren't many 2nd chance perks already.

    Once again devs proving they don't playtest their stuff for #########, hopefully one day they'll get a team of skilled people form both sides before adding stuff to the game

  • Dude is just for a few days and its not only for survivors.

  • @KateDunson said:

    Not having fun? Play Survivor or don't play till event ends, last time we have seen a good event like this was years ago. And it's for people like you that always complain about anything that the devs are scared and lazy to make new events

    That is such an unacceptable response it kills me. Maybe some people do want to play killer because that’s the side they enjoy? You ever thought about that?

  • I had a survivor body block the pallet in a jungle gym with a snowman and help me get a down lol. That was funny

  • The event is awesome! The best one we've had in a long time. You seriously need to stop crying (killers are seriously the whiniest part of this community). I've had fun as survivor and killer.

  • It's not a good event, but at least they tried.

  • I've been enjoying it greatly but it's also only been one day so maybe once the whimsical fun of the absurdity is over with I'll join the angry killers hating it

  • This event is silly, fun, innovative, interactive and pushes the creative boundary of DBD. It might get old eventually, but it's a temporary event, so I'm happy to see they took a chance by trying something bold. I definitely feel re-invigorated to play this game, and have been having so much fun.

    To anyone who has balance complaints or is having difficulty enjoying this event, while I might regret saying this one day, I want to be selfish and inconsiderate about this. Frankly, I don't give a damn about it.

    I hope they continue to try new and fun things like this, especially during events.

  • If you play every game as killer or survivor to win I understand why are you not having fun.

    Or your mmr as killer must be too high so you only get tryhards. I enjoy messing around with some survivors and I let people go after we farm the snowmen.

    I guess it is not for everyone.

  • @Beaburd said:

    This event is silly, fun, innovative, interactive and pushes the creative boundary of DBD. It might get old eventually, but it's a temporary event, so I'm happy to see they took a chance by trying something bold. I definitely feel re-invigorated to play this game, and have been having so much fun.

    To anyone who has balance complaints or is having difficulty enjoying this event, while I might regret saying this one day, I want to be selfish and inconsiderate about this. Frankly, I don't give a damn about it.

    I hope they continue to try new and fun things like this, especially during events.

    Interactive for who? Fun for who?

    Go on. It's DAMN sure not Killer.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688761#Comment_2688761

    That is such an unacceptable response it kills me. Maybe some people do want to play killer because that’s the side they enjoy? You ever thought about that?

    This is not unacceptable at all, it is a valid suggestion. If this is not an option for you, just ignore it and don't forbid someone suggesting it.

    Btw if you read further than 5 words he offered another option to that, if the first one doesn't fit your taste.

  • @Shaped said:

    If you play every game as killer or survivor to win I understand why are you not having fun.

    Or your mmr as killer must be too high so you only get tryhards. I enjoy messing around with some survivors and I let people go after we farm the snowmen.

    I guess it is not for everyone.

    It's so adorable people who say this don't notice it's just the Killer who are supposed to just "chill and not care about winning" in a PVP game.

    If the roles were reversed and Killers said this to Survivors Devs would have changed it in a month, tops. It's a joke, and not a funny one at that.

  • Is it only fun when no one is trying to win? Or is it fun when four Survivors and one Killer just want to play the game for what it is?

  • @TAG said:

    Is it only fun when no one is trying to win? Or is it fun when four Survivors and one Killer just want to play the game for what it is?

    It's fun when it's balanced and fair.

    It's not balanced nor fair.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688779#Comment_2688779

    This is not unacceptable at all, it is a valid suggestion. If this is not an option for you, just ignore it and don't forbid someone suggesting it.

    Btw if you read further than 5 words he offered another option to that, if the first one doesn't fit your taste.

    Yes I did read the whole comment. Maybe they want to play DBD but if the event isn’t fun for them, they have a right to complain. I haven’t played yet so I don’t know what the event is like yet but even if the OP was overreacting, why don’t you try to give them advice on how to deal with the snowmen instead of telling them to “play the other side.” Telling them to do that honestly proves that you also think it’s unfun for killers even though you don’t wanna to admit it.

  • Just for survivors? I played against a nurse that let us escape because she said she love snowmans. When I have played killer I let a survivor escape being a snowman as well. It's hilarious to watch and also to be a snowman yourself.

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688794#Comment_2688794

    It's fun when it's balanced and fair.

    It's not balanced nor fair.

    For some reason, players are expected to not care about that because of the time of year.

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688787#Comment_2688787

    Interactive for who? Fun for who?

    Go on. It's DAMN sure not Killer.

    So I guess you didn't read my response above. I had fun with this Nemesis in chat, he enjoyed it very much. BAM your argument countered. Both sides can enjoy it. and ...

    ... Nope! There are also survivor mains tryharding their side and only caring for winning as well, they would take your part in complaining about the event in this case. And people like me would get into these posts giving examples on how this event can be fun for both sides again

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    Dude is just for a few days and its not only for survivors.

    Don't blame the devs if they don't listen the killers when they cry like you for no reason. If you don't want, stop playing until the event is over. The event will be better.

    Smh.

    Are you sure? If more Killers stop playing, the queue times are going to shoot up further.

  • I have been playing Myers and letting survivors get in the snowmen before unleashing hell. We killers usually subject them to such horror and humiliation I feel the holiday spirit and want to make people feel good. So far it has been fun and I am earning plenty of BP and event items.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688790#Comment_2688790

    So I guess you didn't read my response above. I had fun with this Nemesis in chat, he enjoyed it very much. BAM your argument countered. Both sides can enjoy it. and ...

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688793#Comment_2688793

    ... Nope! There are also survivor mains tryharding their side and only caring for winning as well, they would take your part in complaining about the event in this case. And people like me would get into these posts giving examples on how this event can be fun for both sides again

    "There are also survivor mains tryharding their side and only caring for winning as well, they would take your part in complaining about the event in this case."

    Would they? It seems to me like those Survivors would actively take advantage of the protection offered by the snowman in the middle of a chase.

  • Don't even care for what you've said.

    There is a lot of people who playing this game super casually and don't even care about the outcome of the match. Just enjoying the event. They're not miserable like you.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688791#Comment_2688791

    Yes I did read the whole comment. Maybe they want to play DBD but if the event isn’t fun for them, they have a right to complain. I haven’t played yet so I don’t know what the event is like yet but even if the OP was overreacting, why don’t you try to give them advice on how to deal with the snowmen instead of telling them to “play the other side.” Telling them to do that honestly proves that you also think it’s unfun for killers even though you don’t wanna to admit it.

    I had no problems on the killer side so far. And I was basically telling you that giving a suggestion is totally fine while you say it is unacceptable, which is BS

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688790#Comment_2688790

    So I guess you didn't read my response above. I had fun with this Nemesis in chat, he enjoyed it very much. BAM your argument countered. Both sides can enjoy it. and ...

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688793#Comment_2688793

    ... Nope! There are also survivor mains tryharding their side and only caring for winning as well, they would take your part in complaining about the event in this case. And people like me would get into these posts giving examples on how this event can be fun for both sides again

    It's a PVP game. You play to win. Caring about winning is normal, it's HUMAN.

    Stop giving excuses for bad balance and spouting such drivel as "Duuuude cmon man, just like don't care!". It's complete nonsense and nothing but pure excuses for incompetence and poor game design.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688801#Comment_2688801

    "There are also survivor mains tryharding their side and only caring for winning as well, they would take your part in complaining about the event in this case."

    Would they? It seems to me like those Survivors would actively take advantage of the protection offered by the snowman in the middle of a chase.

    The OP was talking about a killer sided event, which I was referring to if that would happen

  • @ColonGlock said:

    I have been playing Myers and letting survivors get in the snowmen before unleashing hell. We killers usually subject them to such horror and humiliation I feel the holiday spirit and want to make people feel good. So far it has been fun and I am earning plenty of BP and event items.

    You are not playing the same game as others than. "Horror and humiliation" Lol for new players maybe, get to higher MMR and you get SWF with 16 meta perks, boosted medkits/brand new parts and numerous map offerings for a plethora of God awful maps for Killer.

  • @Sakurra said:

    Just for survivors? I played against a nurse that let us escape because she said she love snowmans. When I have played killer I let a survivor escape being a snowman as well. It's hilarious to watch and also to be a snowman yourself.

    It is but, you know some will never be satisfied. Even though this is a limited timed event that going to be gone in 2 weeks, and may never return.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688777#Comment_2688777

    Are you sure? If more Killers stop playing, the queue times are going to shoot up further.

    I prefer to wait to get some non miserable killers.

    Actually i don't wait at all, my morning q's are a few seconds.

  • @KateDunson said:

    Not having fun? Play Survivor or don't play till event ends, last time we have seen a good event like this was years ago. And it's for people like you that always complain about anything that the devs are scared and lazy to make new events

    No, the OP is right.

    If this event, say, gave killers an instadown ability after bursting a snowman - survivors would be up in arms and would be pretty annoyed if we told them 'just play killer or don't play until the event ends'.

    This event is bizarrely thought out. Certain killers can pop snowmen without giving anyone cosmetics, other killers are completely negated by the damn things and for most it's basically a mini-BT.

    A few small tweaks would have made it perfect.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688795#Comment_2688795

    For some reason, players are expected to not care about that because of the time of year.

    No, Killers are expected to not care.

    That's the constant excuse I keep seeing from fools, just stop caring and put up with whatever slop is placed in front of you, no matter how awful and unbalanced it may be.

    Well I have too much self respect to put up with that.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688806#Comment_2688806

    The OP was talking about a killer sided event, which I was referring to if that would happen

    Ah, my mistake.

    In that case, I'd say Survivors would be right to complain. I think the idea behind this event is really funny and welcome, but the execution is very much risking making the experience miserable for one side.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688797#Comment_2688797

    It is but, you know some will never be satisfied. Even though this is a limited timed event that going to be gone in 2 weeks, and may never return.

    It's fun for you because you aren't the one getting shafted.

    If being in a Snowman was a guaranteed instadown, you'd see 500 threads on these garbage forums about how "badly designed it is". So unbelievably disingenuous, I'm not stupid.

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688807#Comment_2688807

    Of course you don't. You don't care about anything involving the game it seems, except whining when someone DOES care. Funny trend you have there.

    This one and the one on page 1 "they ALWAYS do. Always"

    You pretty much describe yourself with these two posts, don't you? 🙄

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688787#Comment_2688787

    Interactive for who? Fun for who?

    Go on. It's DAMN sure not Killer.

    It's a party game. If you aren't having fun, go play something else.

    If you think my words are dismissive, uncaring to your needs, and ignorant to one side of the game's fun, just remember that I'm re-using the literal words and mindset that the owners and developers of this game have used towards player-based frustrations for years.

    ---

    Best to just buckle up and learn to laugh, or go play Civilization.

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688805#Comment_2688805

    You are not playing the same game as others than. "Horror and humiliation" Lol for new players maybe, get to higher MMR and you get SWF with 16 meta perks, boosted medkits/brand new parts and numerous map offerings for a plethora of God awful maps for Killer.

    You're either ignorant or in denial.

    I have all killers most perks so I can afford to not sweat giving people a bit of a break now and then. This game only has power over your actions if you let it.

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688826#Comment_2688826

    Which means you and the Devs have something sadly in common then.

    You're both jokes.

    Truth.

    My post history is 90% jokes, and I'm lovin' every minute of it.

  • @ColonGlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688813#Comment_2688813

    I have all killers most perks so I can afford to not sweat giving people a bit of a break now and then. This game only has power over your actions if you let it.

    Don't sit here and tell me getting rolled by an unbalanced game is "fun", don't you try to sit there and tell me that being tbagged by 4 SWF, Medkits, 16 meta perks, thousands of hours and broken maps is supposed to be "fun".

    Don't sit here and think I'd believe an event that gives Survivors a free health state and Killers JACK [BAD WORD] is supposed to be "fun".

  • If a video game makes you feel contempt, maybe you should take a break? That's a strong emotion for having been subjected to digital snowmen.

  • If something is only fun for one side, I don't think it should be considered "good".

  • I'm wondering what your response to an instadown snowman event would be... just curious

    And to the First sentence, AGAIN: I have fun on both sides and heard other killers having fun as well. It is you that has no fun, and "your type" if I may copy your words

  • @Thunderfrog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688798#Comment_2688798

    If a video game makes you feel contempt, maybe you should take a break? That's a strong emotion for having been subjected to digital snowmen.

    It's not the game, it's the people.

    You want the truth? If Killer instadowned Survivors through the Snowmen they'd be crying until the cows came home. THAT is the truth. I have no time or patience for people who excuse such bad design.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    The event is awesome! The best one we've had in a long time. You seriously need to stop crying (killers are seriously the whiniest part of this community). I've had fun as survivor and killer.

    Survivors are just as whiney. Most people that play one side cry all the time. It’s not fair to single out one side.

  • @Wiitab360 said:

    If something is only fun for one side, I don't think it should be considered "good".

    Such simple and concise logic, and yet people will still pretend YOU are the problem.

  • This melodramatic nonsense is so tiring. The victim mentality of some killer mains on this forum apparently knows no bounds. You will always be “shafted” because you WANT to be - its your identity in this game.

    As for the snowmen - It’s a damn holiday event, get the hell over it.

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688829#Comment_2688829

    Is that supposed to impress me? Get over it. Don't sit here and tell me getting rolled by an unbalanced game is "fun", don't you try to sit there and LIE to me that being tbagged by 4 SWF, Medkits, 16 meta perks, thousands of hours and broken maps is supposed to be "fun".

    Don't sit here and think I'd be so stupid as to believe an event that gives Survivors a free health state and Killers JACK ######### is supposed to be "fun".

    I am trying to express to you that I know what it means to fight them and how overwhelming it can be. I have endured it since 2016 and have seen the evolution of this game. We have it easier than before in many ways and the game is still evolving. Never give up never surrender but in the end, try to have fun.

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688839#Comment_2688839

    It's not the game, it's the people. And their pathetic, disingenuous excuses. I loathe liars and manipulators in every capacity, I live my life through honest eyes.

    You want the truth? If Killer instadowned Survivors through the Snowmen they'd be crying until the cows came home. THAT is the truth. I have no time or patience for people who excuse such bad design.

    I think many of my fellow killer mains need some life alert subscriptions. Dudes gonna stroke out before these two weeks are done.

  • @Wiitab360 said:

    If something is only fun for one side, I don't think it should be considered "good".

    it is not "not fun" for one side only, it is "not fun" for specific people. there are several killers already stating they have fun

‹ 1 2