Adios Spirit mains!!! Finally!

Yessss! Finally the treatment this boring ass low skill guessing killer it deserved. Now people actually have to use brain and not just guess.


All the spirit mains with their awesome headsets have to use brain aswell now.


Finally, never thought this would happen. I think it's time to install DbD again and play it once it's live.

Thanks bhvr

Comments

  • Spirit was a very balanced Killer with plenty of counterplay.. the only people who complain about her are whiny entitled Survivor mains.

  • @blankfaced said:

    So you hope they nerf killers to the point that people stop playing them? That's pathetic and petty of you. Do you also love sitting in long queues? Because that's the inevitable outcome that path leads to.

    They might as well just add killer bots at this point to appease the potatoes.

    Yes, I rather see a killer like spirit die out. Its not fun versing it. My Qs are fine btw and they will still be even if all spirit mains quit.

  • @DarthRevan21 said:

    Spirit was a very balanced Killer with plenty of counterplay.. the only people who complain about her are whiny entitled Survivor mains.

    Lmao good one. But wait with that joke till 1. April buddy

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    Yessss! Finally the treatment this boring ass low skill guessing killer it deserved. Now people actually have to use brain and not just guess.

    All the spirit mains with their awesome headsets have to use brain aswell now. Or just quite it like a *****.

    Finally, never thought this would happen. I think it's time to install DbD again and play it once it's live.

    Thanks bhvr

    yep and then you will be complaining when you dont see a diversity of killers and get bored as #########. seeing the same old ones where nothing changes because messing with killers nerfing them etc

  • Watch ppl cry for months now over Spirit just like they cried for ds nerf and everyone were so happy about it getting counterplay but spirit getting counterplay? Hell no man not allowed in killer biased forums

  • @Bluebird said:

    I don't get why everyone says Spirit's dead now? All they did was add counterplay to her, something that ANY good Spirit can negate. This will just weed out the good Spirits from the bad...

    ...I'm one of the bad Spirits. :(

    Can you please explain how can good spirits negate it?

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    Yessss! Finally the treatment this boring ass low skill guessing killer it deserved. Now people actually have to use brain and not just guess.

    All the spirit mains with their awesome headsets have to use brain aswell now. Or just quite it like a *****.

    Finally, never thought this would happen. I think it's time to install DbD again and play it once it's live.

    Thanks bhvr

    Yes, go ahead and install DBD. I am looking forward to maybe meet you ingame with my Spirit :)

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2515840#Comment_2515840

    I hate spirit, but your idea of counterplay is terrible.

    All they did was move the control from the spirit player and put it in the hands of the survivor. Basically gave the killer NO counterplay against a good survivor.

    Just need to see how directional the sound is and how obvious the dust is.

    How? killers already have counterplay on a fair amount of pallet loops with their normal 115% movement speed. I fail to see how Spirit won't have counterplay on any of the existing pallet loops with her 176% movement speed.

    The change really only adds counterplay to survivors, it doesn't take counterplay away from the Spirit.

    The only problem that could happen is that Spirits counterplay against survivors is a bit too luck based, compared to the survivors counterplay against Spirit, but that's it. But Spirit does get information as well in the form of sound and scratchmarks.

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    Yessss! Finally the treatment this boring ass low skill guessing killer it deserved. Now people actually have to use brain and not just guess.

    All the spirit mains with their awesome headsets have to use brain aswell now. Or just quite it like a *****.

    Finally, never thought this would happen. I think it's time to install DbD again and play it once it's live.

    Thanks bhvr

    Finally the lazy ass lefthanded survs got rid of another viable killer ! Now survs may actually not use their brains to mindgame and outplay this killer!

    Finally, never thought this would happen. I think it's time to uninstall DbD and play something appropriate.

  • @dannyfrog87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/282160/adios-spirit-mains-finally

    yep and then you will be complaining when you dont see a diversity of killers and get bored as #########. seeing the same old ones where nothing changes because messing with killers nerfing them etc

    Diversity is already nit existent. At least now the most unfunny killer to verse is out

  • @Apollos said:

    If somebody likes Spirit enough, they'll continue to play her just fine I wager.

    that's what people said about hillbilly mains.

    where are they?

    I have not seen a hillbilly since November.

    I miss him

  • I hope survivor mains will show how greatful they are for the Spirit nerf and buy the upcoming survivor DLC in vast numbers.

  • @Maphusail said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/282160/adios-spirit-mains-finally

    Finally the lazy ass lefthanded survs got rid of another viable killer ! Now survs may actually not use their brains to mindgame and outplay this killer!

    Finally, never thought this would happen. I think it's time to uninstall DbD and play something appropriate.

    Hey you leave being lefthanded out of this we are good people even tho we require our own type of scissors

  • @Maphusail said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/282160/adios-spirit-mains-finally

    Finally the lazy ass lefthanded survs got rid of another viable killer ! Now survs may actually not use their brains to mindgame and outplay this killer!

    Finally, never thought this would happen. I think it's time to uninstall DbD and play something appropriate.


    You know I'd have more respect for most spirit mains if they admitted she's busted but they just really like her gameplay/design/lore etc or that they want to play a strong killer without putting in the hours other strong killers take. Those are reasonable enough.

    But no, there's this weirdly insecure need for other people to agree that standing still and owning expensive headphones are gigabrain strategies that only the most elite gamers could possibly pull off.

  • Time to learn to be star struck, IF nurse have fun guys

  • @LiunUK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2515860#Comment_2515860

    that's what people said about hillbilly mains.

    where are they?

    I have not seen a hillbilly since November.

    I miss him

    November of last year? I still encounter him.

  • Inb4 a month later they still complain about her.

  • I'll still be playing her. I think these changes are great for her, and I think everyone is blowing her nerfs out of proportion seeing how we don't even have the full patch notes yet. (After all, we don't know all of her add-on changes.) Or have the PTB.

    All it does is give the Survivor the same amount of information that the Spirit has always had. She can hear where you are, you can hear where she is. It's a matter at who is more aware and in a better spot. She can kick up dust (Which, reminder, the Devs stated is harder to see in taller grass and around obstacles, and we won't know what exactly this will look like until the PTB) and she can still see Survivors disturb grass, corn, crows, and their scratch marks.

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    Yessss! Finally the treatment this boring ass low skill guessing killer it deserved. Now people actually have to use brain and not just guess.

    All the spirit mains with their awesome headsets have to use brain aswell now. Or just quite it like a *****.

    Finally, never thought this would happen. I think it's time to install DbD again and play it once it's live.

    Thanks bhvr

    Why are you happy? You’re still going to get wrecked by Spirits after the change and the come crying back asking to reduce her movement speed in phase.

  • Yes, I’m upset but it’s just a videogame so I keep things in perspective.

    Your wording in your OP leads me to me believe you have strong feelings yourself and are the victim of many ass kickings delivered by Rin Yamaoka. 😊

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2517545#Comment_2517545

    Yes, I’m upset but it’s just a videogame so I keep things in perspective.

    Your wording in your OP leads me to me believe you have strong feelings yourself and are the victim of many ass kickings delivered by Rin Yamaoka. 😊

    Gave them free kills with suicide in 1st cuz the boredom isn't bearable

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2517545#Comment_2517545

    Yes, I’m upset but it’s just a videogame so I keep things in perspective.

    Your wording in your OP leads me to me believe you have strong feelings yourself and are the victim of many ass kickings delivered by Rin Yamaoka. 😊

    😂🤣👍🏻. Nice comeback! I salute you 👌🏻

  • Spirit mains are gonna be fine because most of the survivors complaining are gonna still get clapped anyway

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2516582#Comment_2516582

    You know I'd have more respect for most spirit mains if they admitted she's busted but they just really like her gameplay/design/lore etc or that they want to play a strong killer without putting in the hours other strong killers take. Those are reasonable enough.

    But no, there's this weirdly insecure need for other people to agree that standing still and owning expensive headphones are gigabrain strategies that only the most elite gamers could possibly pull off.

    Youre not die because of her standing mind game. You die because you dont have enough time to react to her standing.

    Youre at a loop, shes 5m away from you. Activation 1.5sec and travel 0.7sec to your place. what are you gonna do with 2.3 sec? Run with scratch mark or walk for merely 4m when her speed is 7m/s?

    If anything, the nerf she needs is increase activation time much more for survivor has time to juke. Not obvious info.

    Still have to see how it turns out

  • Isn't guessing using your brain? Also I might start playing spirit now that they might not be so hated anymore.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    Spirit mains are gonna be fine because most of the survivors complaining are gonna still get clapped anyway

    Yup, survivors are gonna realize that they’re just not good against good killers.

  • @RenRen said:

    Isn't guessing using your brain? Also I might start playing spirit now that they might not be so hated anymore.

    Guessing based on what? There is no information to try logical thinking. Its flipping coin. Not more. And that doesn't need much brain power

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2518327#Comment_2518327

    Guessing based on what? There is no information to try logical thinking. Its flipping coin. Not more. And that doesn't need much brain power

    not using much brain power still is using brain power.

  • @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2518434#Comment_2518434

    not using much brain power still is using brain power.

    If you want to play and perform the same as anyone else (hell even monkeys can do that) than that's fine. I for myself preference something more challenging and skillful

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2518499#Comment_2518499

    If you want to play and perform the same as anyone else (hell even monkeys can do that) than that's fine. I for myself preference something more challenging and skillful

    I want to play all the killers (except hag or nurse due to headaches) so this is a win for me if they make spirit fairer.

  • This is right up there with all the other “yay they nerfed x thing” celebratory posts level of cringe.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    This is right up there with all the other “yay they nerfed x thing” celebratory posts level of cringe.

    Get a grip!

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2517552#Comment_2517552

    Gave them free kills with suicide in 1st cuz the boredom isn't bearable

    As long as we get our BBQ stack we are content.

  • Spirit will still very much be playable and will still require skill to go against. She got some neat add on updates that I look forward to seeing them in action.

    I also think the directional phasing will mess with people and makes for great mind games... that is probably why they needed the dust particles added or else spirit would get even more complaints ^^"

    Hopefully now no will complain when they still lose to her and realize that it was their lack of skill all along and no spirit being op.

    Fyi you look the fool with this post. Saying 'nah nah nah your stupid character is dead' is something elementary school kids do. How about chill and just enjoy the game? Too much to ask? ^^"

  • i dont main spirit tbh but i will still play her after the nerf

  • @FancyMrB said:

    Spirit will still very much be playable and will still require skill to go against. She got some neat add on updates that I look forward to seeing them in action.

    I also think the directional phasing will mess with people and makes for great mind games... that is probably why they needed the dust particles added or else spirit would get even more complaints ^^"

    Hopefully now no will complain when they still lose to her and realize that it was their lack of skill all along and no spirit being op.

    Fyi you look the fool with this post. Saying 'nah nah nah your stupid character is dead' is something elementary school kids do. How about chill and just enjoy the game? Too much to ask? ^^"

    flipping coins is not a skill my friend. Dont pretend versing current spirit is more than that

  • alot of mad spirit mains here. awwww...... lol.

  • Lol, you really uninstalled the game solely because of the existence of spirit? That's so stupid 😂

  • @Bluebird said:

    I don't get why everyone says Spirit's dead now? All they did was add counterplay to her, something that ANY good Spirit can negate. This will just weed out the good Spirits from the bad...

    ...I'm one of the bad Spirits. :(

    Actually no they didn’t just add counterplay they gave full control of her to the survivors. A good spirit cannot counter most loops survivors can now very easily abuse against her since they’ll always know where she is, what direction she’s coming from, and which way she’ll head. Her 5 second power timer and 15 second cool down was extremely oppressive and was okay because you could land hits if you could counter-predict survivors however your prediction of survivors is now completely out the window as good survivors can now just simply track you.

  • @solidhex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2515977#Comment_2515977

    :D

    you know that stretched in Dbd is a little bit different? There are numerous videos about it on youtube. And it gives you clear advantage over the killer on some loops.

    I like leaving this here for the whiners who complain about stretched res (didn't make this, but if you want to pretend I did to try and insult then I'd be happy to take credit)

    https://i.imgur.com/mSuP7nX.png

    I also don't want to hear about the "it gives advantages" debate when PC players also use uncapped fps which is also an advantage, particularly over console players who can't even change graphic intensity let alone FPS cap. The cherrypicking of what is and what isn't an advantage is beyond ######### in this community.

  • @kyogul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2515984#Comment_2515984

    I like leaving this here for the whiners who complain about stretched res (didn't make this, but if you want to pretend I did to try and insult then I'd be happy to take credit)

    https://i.imgur.com/mSuP7nX.png

    I also don't want to hear about the "it gives advantages" debate when PC players also use uncapped fps which is also an advantage, particularly over console players who can't even change graphic intensity let alone FPS cap. The cherrypicking of what is and what isn't an advantage is beyond ######### in this community.

    Yikes.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Posts like these makes you wonder how old the average dbd player is, exactly

    Above 18 probably.

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2515984#Comment_2515984

    1st, the advantages survivors get are below 1%. Its totally Overblown, some people act af stretched is automatically wallhacks and let's you see the killer all the time. I only know a handful of tiles where stretched res let's you see what you couldn't have seen with basic 16:9, but that's so minor that even with 16:10 you could have seen more. We about to ban 16:10 monitors now?

    2nd, Killer gets advantages aswell. Don't act if stretched is only used my survivors. Killers use it aswell and it gives clear advantages you see a lot more and survivors crouching, teching etc are spotted so much better.

    Besides, wanna take it to next level and talk about deathslinger, huntress, trickster mains use crosshairs? Or how most killers use certain filters to make survivors even easier to spot? I don't want to talk about that. I'm fine with it. So should you about stretched.

    Wow. You are actually trying to justify exploiting....

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    Yessss! Finally the treatment this boring ass low skill guessing killer it deserved. Now people actually have to use brain and not just guess.

    All the spirit mains with their awesome headsets have to use brain aswell now.

    Finally, never thought this would happen. I think it's time to install DbD again and play it once it's live.

    Thanks bhvr

    So hello nurse and blight mains? Less variety is a good thing I guess 🤣

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    Yessss! Finally the treatment this boring ass low skill guessing killer it deserved. Now people actually have to use brain and not just guess.

    All the spirit mains with their awesome headsets have to use brain aswell now.

    Finally, never thought this would happen. I think it's time to install DbD again and play it once it's live.

    Thanks bhvr

    Low skill, use their brain?

    You wanna call Spirit these things, but survivor doesn't even require having a brain attached to your ######### to play.

    Better yet remember this post. When Blight gets nerfed and gutted and Nurse is the only killer your playing against at high ranks, remember how every killer strong killer got nerfed when you complain about a lack of variety in killers at high ranks.

  • I'm afraid its a blow for DBD as a whole.

    Everytime they dumb down killers with more cues it waters down the horror survival element of the game. I like how unpredictable spirit is.

    I get the feelling people use the term boring to mean harder to play against. Making her easier to avoid will make her more boring to play against.

    People always complain abotu spirit, blight, nurse as the only killers they see in higher ranks but that doesn't mean they should be nerfed that means other killers should be buffed to match them.

    Put some fear back into the game, not all of us get off on being able to run killers for 3-4 gens, in fact being able to do that is #########, it means you have a ######### survival horror happening right now.

    I wouldn't watch halloween if Myers just ran around unable to hurt anybody and then the film ended, there is no tension in that.

    I'm genuinely starting to believe that the folks screaming for killer nerfs and "balance" while making snide titles like "adios spirit" are just people who get off on running other players around and have no real interest in the horror theme of this game at all.

    They will be the death of DBD because when all the killers are weak and the gameplay never changes it will be truely boring.

  • @Apexgnifrums said:

    Yessss! Finally the treatment this boring ass low skill guessing killer it deserved. Now people actually have to use brain and not just guess.

    All the spirit mains with their awesome headsets have to use brain aswell now.

    Finally, never thought this would happen. I think it's time to install DbD again and play it once it's live.

    Thanks bhvr

    Never thought she was top tier. Maybe I just haven't played a top tier one yet but I kinda like the challenge going against her. Out mind game the mind gamer

  • @Katie_met said:

    Lol, you really uninstalled the game solely because of the existence of spirit? That's so stupid 😂

    Spirit was one part of the reasons, but not the only one. Many things are messed up in DBD.

  • Spirit's entire design is a symptom of a greater issue - poor map design and unbalanced survivor perks (similar to Nurse). Changing her doesn't fix the game or get it to a better place, but.. y'know, expecting the developers to realize this might be nigh-impossible.

1 2 3