Thank you for permanently activating SBMMR

Pretty good job, so far.

I´m looking forward to 5.2.0

Comments

  • Imo V is way better than VI.

    Personal opinion

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468260#Comment_2468260

    doubtful. I mean look at current pinhead changes. all negative changes. The lament box is going to be like Twin victor hostage where one player is disabled but pinhead loses half of his ability. Chains re-spawning from chains breaking objects means you'll run out of chains faster, so it will be easier to break out. 6 seconds from infinity is another negative change.

    I am honestly not sure why the box is an item that you can hold. Its almost like you inviting the survivor to abuse mechanic. It should work like glyph in tome or perhaps pig's headtraps with the rule.set 2 add-on(no aura for the box).

    no address on his chain strength, the objects breaking his chains instantly or cenobite walking over his chains accident from rng chain spawns.

    The MMR being permanent will be awesome although you might miss old matchmaking for killer. no more easy matches.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468303#Comment_2468303

    That is funny you complain gen speed and map design when I believe that I spoke to you about freddy who had both add-on to address gen speed and generator teleport in combination address those two. Hope you were having fun playing him during MMR testing. I recon 1-2 hooks? Hope he is still top-tier for you.

    lol without a survivor in the pack I'm not even buying pinhead and I won a bet about in spite of him needing buffs before release that they were going to either nerf him or release him as was (I leaned toward at least one nerf) and I also won on mmr coming permanently within two weeks if not the week he was released due to how the last test seemed to have it actually working (which isn't a good thing in a game not balanced for 4v1 without a single potato to get a foot in the door). I'll just agree that I think they're doing a pretty good job so far since I made a few bucks off of their incompetence and/or lack of concern for the minority of their userbase that only exists as 'the help'.

  • I'm excitted for it.

    People are over exaggerating as usual

    Content creators will survive having only a 80% winrate instead of a 95% one.

    I predict a lot of crying over the following 3 weeks of people blaming their losses on this to then go to one or two threats a week.

    It's really not that big of a deal.

  • @Guest1567432 said:

    I thought the forums are bad....wooohooo I just looked at Twitter and the amount of crying from the "Content Creators" is off the charts. Seems to me that these content creators were getting carried by the ######### rank/matchmaking system and will have to actually try to get the kills when this is released. Also bonus for the people that are going to "uninstall" when this goes live...LUL

    The only one who I saw complaining is Farmer John, who else is complaining about MMR?

  • @Seanzu said:

    ahhh yes, the thing that only benefits mediocre players, I can see why some are excited about this :)

    How does it benefit mediocre players? I saw way stronger survivors and killers on my matches, which I'm glad since I play solo.

  • @Seanzu said:

    ahhh yes, the thing that only benefits mediocre players, I can see why some are excited about this :)

    Mediocre players, casual players, new players, which form the majority of players if not the vast majority. How many really benefitted from the old ranking system?

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468292#Comment_2468292

    It is bad news, yes. The problem isnt that killers need appropriate buffs. The problem is map design and gen speeds are ######### garbage.

    Basically every game is going to be sweating it out for 4 hooks before gens are gone in 5 minutes.

    Sure..You can argue it'll give them information on how to "balance" but that's bullshit. We know how slow BHVR is to make needed changes. How long will killer be more miserable then it already is before they make appropriate changes ?

    I see them adding stuff to solo Q and with a bit of luck We got the key nerf

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468656#Comment_2468656

    Mediocre players, casual players, new players, which form the majority of players if not the vast majority. How many really benefitted from the old ranking system?

    None which would be an issue if the developers actually balanced the game from the top down. Instead, they fix the game for everyone except the people who are really good at it in the form of MMR. Unsurprisingly, competitive games doing what SBMM does don't balance the game around the majority, because as shocking as it is, the majority aren't super affected by meta. It just results in a messy SOTG at high skill levels.

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468695#Comment_2468695

    None which would be an issue if the developers actually balanced the game from the top down. Instead, they fix the game for everyone except the people who are really good at it in the form of MMR. Unsurprisingly, competitive games doing what SBMM does don't balance the game around the majority, because as shocking as it is, the majority aren't super affected by meta. It just results in a messy SOTG at high skill levels.

    Which is true but the players at highest levels already exist in the matchmaking queue, running into each other occasionally but for the most part being offered up the rest of the playerbase as chewtoys. It's unhealthy for the game and terrible for new player retention, particularly on the killer side where new killers start having players with thousands of hours thrown at them, sometimes from literally their first match.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468657#Comment_2468657

    The only one who I saw complaining is Farmer John, who else is complaining about MMR?

    Give it a day or two...the videos will start rolling out.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468356#Comment_2468356

    Playing more chill to get worse survivors is not an acceptable answer

    Why t? You think im gonna play pig with cakes in a 3 mins game?

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468645#Comment_2468645

    Eeeeeey. I respect the Matthew Cotie route of "just to play another game"

    You know. Instead of fixing their horribly unbalanced game.

    Instead of people pushing for them to improve their game before they implement a system that's going to make one side very, very miserable for a long time.

    Evil Dead releases in february, it was supposed to come out this year but they delayed it to february because they seem to wanna avoid the pitfalls others game had. It'll have bots and single-player capability due to them. It also looks fun even for the killer (kandarian spirit) side with some of the possession mechanics I read about and from the gamepla footage I've seen it looks like pure fun for everybody compared to this junior highschool computer lab project.

  • I'm glad this is going live.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    I'm excitted for it.

    People are over exaggerating as usual

    Content creators will survive having only a 80% winrate instead of a 95% one.

    I predict a lot of crying over the following 3 weeks of people blaming their losses on this to then go to one or two threats a week.

    It's really not that big of a deal.

    censorship is probably why you'll see fewer threads, which is the rational assumption these days involving things those inc harge of sites don't want others to hear.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468702#Comment_2468702

    Which is true but the players at highest levels already exist in the matchmaking queue, running into each other occasionally but for the most part being offered up the rest of the playerbase as chewtoys. It's unhealthy for the game and terrible for new player retention, particularly on the killer side where new killers start having players with thousands of hours thrown at them, sometimes from literally their first match.

    that's still going to happen once older killers leave the game it'll just take it 10-20 minutes again for those higher survivors to get thrown any killer still willing to play 2 or 3 months from now

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468736#Comment_2468736

    The thing is I don't want to play other games and ignore this. I want them to fix THIS game 🤣

    Competition will force Both games to be decent though, which is good, and which happened Very briefly before friday the 13th got nuked by the stupid copyright bs. Itw as combination of fed up killers queueing as survivors to clog up the q times for survivors and having friday the 13th being constantly fixed and worked on before the Cr stuff killed it's future updates that led to any improvements for the dbd killer experience afew years ago.


    Evil Dead as a new game has to be appealing and fun enough to convince players to start over in anew game (they don't have to quit the old game though to do it except for those with very little gaming time) and dbd has to convince fed up players to Not go to the new game ins pite of it's long consistent history of bias, horrible bugs (and sometimes having the players be punished for them in one way or another, with or without the dc penalties in recent months players were hurt for one tiny example), straight up lies especially to the killer side and their long dismissal of balance and bug issues.

    All the while still releasing ten to 15 dollar skins at least once a month on top of new weak to only so-so killers every few months. This new one, as I predicted, was in need of buffs after the test server demonstrations and is getting nerfed a little in ways instead (and swf can badly abuse the box changes too LUL) and a survivor isn't coming in his pack to make it worth spending the money on ol. The gen perk, hopefully they'll wait for it to come tot he shrine or justs tick with corrupt/ruin/pop rather than reward behavior.

  • I like the Civ leaders in V so much more than VI. Spain, Japan, China, Russia, Babylon, Assyria, Byzantine and so many others I had so much fun with

  • @Nikkiwhat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468670#Comment_2468670

    I like the Civ leaders in V so much more than VI. Spain, Japan, China, Russia, Babylon, Assyria, Byzantine and so many others I had so much fun with

    The Mongols are one of the best allies you can have. I just like them more in Civ V, it's a clique and everyone hates or loves each other.

  • I loved the SBMM, so am extremely glad it's making a comeback indefinitely. It'll certain cause problems for the derankers - no longer able to deliberately derank to bully newer players. Really chuffed with that!

    On top of the tweaks to the Cenobite, which seem to positive towards making him a bit tougher on the PTB, and fixes for the DH, Gen repair and healing performance issues, then I'm actually really positive for the next update. Thank you BHVR for some positive news!

  • SBMM is the pits, I'm rank 10 and getting put in with red ranks mainly 1 and getting destroyed

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468602#Comment_2468602

    Lying? Did not say that but since you bring it up I do think people exaggerate quite often. I am assuming you lost every one of those matches? If so you should have dropped rating.

    It's not that I think people lie it's the fact there are too many followers these days that just repeat was the last person said so let's say I'm a skeptic.

    "here we are everyone thinks there the top % and will only play these 3. Most of you aren't the top and will see plenty of different killers. "

    Forum users represent a small minority of the overall playerbase and are likely to be more experienced than the average player. I'd say its reasonable to assume a lot of the regular forum users are near the top percentiles.

    "I'm sure there are plenty of every killer at the top"

    And we just had a test that proved the opposite. As I said before, but you thought I "exaggerated", I played the vast majority of games during the test against Blight and Nurse. Spirit has been bugged for almost a month and a half or I would expect to see her more.

    The best players agree only Nurse, Spirit, and Blight are viable against 4 good survivors, so why wouldn't you expect to only play against them with MMR active?

    I don't remember the result of all my matches during the test. But I remember most matches were very short, and very boring. Teammates were all good so gens flew. Killer would have to tunnel/camp his/her first hook and hope Ruin stayed up long enough to make it a 3v1. Very rarely did someone on either side break 20k bloodpoints.

    I would much rather try to carry a couple of below overage teammates and get a wider mix of killers/teammates than play the same match every time.

  • @PlayEvilDead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468679#Comment_2468679

    censorship is probably why you'll see fewer threads, which is the rational assumption these days involving things those inc harge of sites don't want others to hear.

    I think you need to loosen your tin foil head a bit

  • I think you need to open your eyes a bit or get a pair of glasses. My point would be immediately made, when ins pite of you being the first one to make an insult, your post will remain while mine will not or will get 'snipped'. If they're smart about they'll wait a couple of weeks to do it too, so that it won't be noticed by any other than myself. Which is what I expect to happen along with a snarky remark coming with it or a passive aggressive quasi threat of sorts to my ability to speak here.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468623#Comment_2468623

    "here we are everyone thinks there the top % and will only play these 3. Most of you aren't the top and will see plenty of different killers. "

    Forum users represent a small minority of the overall playerbase and are likely to be more experienced than the average player. I'd say its reasonable to assume a lot of the regular forum users are near the top percentiles.

    "I'm sure there are plenty of every killer at the top"

    And we just had a test that proved the opposite. As I said before, but you thought I "exaggerated", I played the vast majority of games during the test against Blight and Nurse. Spirit has been bugged for almost a month and a half or I would expect to see her more.

    The best players agree only Nurse, Spirit, and Blight are viable against 4 good survivors, so why wouldn't you expect to only play against them with MMR active?

    I don't remember the result of all my matches during the test. But I remember most matches were very short, and very boring. Teammates were all good so gens flew. Killer would have to tunnel/camp his/her first hook and hope Ruin stayed up long enough to make it a 3v1. Very rarely did someone on either side break 20k bloodpoints.

    I would much rather try to carry a couple of below overage teammates and get a wider mix of killers/teammates than play the same match every time.

    Forum users represent a small minority of the overall playerbase and are likely to be more experienced than the average player. I'd say its reasonable to assume a lot of the regular forum users are near the top percentiles.

    Friend, the forums are nowhere near the top percentiles of players. I wouldn't consider myself in the top percentile on either side. I'm good at Killer, I'm good at Survivor. But I'm certainly not good enough to challenge the people who have several thousand hours more than me.

    And we just had a test that proved the opposite. As I said before, but you thought I "exaggerated", I played the vast majority of games during the test against Blight and Nurse. Spirit has been bugged for almost a month and a half or I would expect to see her more.

    You will get a variety of players, I promise. Like how every game with MMR works, you're going to be losing some games at first but you will get back to your matches where you'll be playing against the survivors that's your skill level.

    Even then, I've been going against a variety of Killers myself right now. Assuming you think just being in Rank 1 means I am in the "top percentile" of Survivors.

    The best players agree only Nurse, Spirit, and Blight are viable against 4 good survivors, so why wouldn't you expect to only play against them with MMR active?

    So they'll just play those killers. But you won't always see them every game. I haven't seen a Blight in ages and I've seen a Spirit and Nurse much more in Rank 1. It's going to give you way more variety in MMR, because in MMR, you will be playing against survivors that is your skill level. And if you'r eplaying a killer you rarely play, your MMR will be adjusted accordingly.

    I don't remember the result of all my matches during the test. But I remember most matches were very short, and very boring. Teammates were all good so gens flew. Killer would have to tunnel/camp his/her first hook and hope Ruin stayed up long enough to make it a 3v1. Very rarely did someone on either side break 20k bloodpoints.

    I would much rather try to carry a couple of below overage teammates and get a wider mix of killers/teammates than play the same match every time.

    Give it a week or two.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468409#Comment_2468409

    You think high-level DBD is fun?

    You think it's balanced?

    It certainly isn't in the killer favor. Only 3 killers can compete she it's honestly 1... Nurse.

  • Mmr was more fun for survivor then killer

    Guess I'm becoming more of a survivor main lol

  • @FengisKawaii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468465#Comment_2468465

    Yeah let´s not pretend that any of his addons would alleviate his potential by much except for the bags. Yes, he gets good maps and the Survivors can only bring unique perks except 2 BTs, also only 1 of each item family. For being undoubtedly the weakest Killer, this is still a great result. Obviously it won´t happen on Cowshed or Badham but if a skilled Trapper can 4k the best players under the right circumstances, it maybe isn´t as unbalanced as you make it out to be.

    Thats the thing under the right curcustances all killer can 4k

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468764#Comment_2468764

    Forum users represent a small minority of the overall playerbase and are likely to be more experienced than the average player. I'd say its reasonable to assume a lot of the regular forum users are near the top percentiles.

    Friend, the forums are nowhere near the top percentiles of players. I wouldn't consider myself in the top percentile on either side. I'm good at Killer, I'm good at Survivor. But I'm certainly not good enough to challenge the people who have several thousand hours more than me.

    And we just had a test that proved the opposite. As I said before, but you thought I "exaggerated", I played the vast majority of games during the test against Blight and Nurse. Spirit has been bugged for almost a month and a half or I would expect to see her more.

    You will get a variety of players, I promise. Like how every game with MMR works, you're going to be losing some games at first but you will get back to your matches where you'll be playing against the survivors that's your skill level.

    Even then, I've been going against a variety of Killers myself right now. Assuming you think just being in Rank 1 means I am in the "top percentile" of Survivors.

    The best players agree only Nurse, Spirit, and Blight are viable against 4 good survivors, so why wouldn't you expect to only play against them with MMR active?

    So they'll just play those killers. But you won't always see them every game. I haven't seen a Blight in ages and I've seen a Spirit and Nurse much more in Rank 1. It's going to give you way more variety in MMR, because in MMR, you will be playing against survivors that is your skill level. And if you'r eplaying a killer you rarely play, your MMR will be adjusted accordingly.

    I don't remember the result of all my matches during the test. But I remember most matches were very short, and very boring. Teammates were all good so gens flew. Killer would have to tunnel/camp his/her first hook and hope Ruin stayed up long enough to make it a 3v1. Very rarely did someone on either side break 20k bloodpoints.

    I would much rather try to carry a couple of below overage teammates and get a wider mix of killers/teammates than play the same match every time.

    Give it a week or two.

    Thanks. You saved me so much time.

  • @PlayEvilDead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468766#Comment_2468766

    I think you need to open your eyes a bit or get a pair of glasses. My point would be immediately made, when ins pite of you being the first one to make an insult, your post will remain while mine will not or will get 'snipped'. If they're smart about they'll wait a couple of weeks to do it too, so that it won't be noticed by any other than myself. Which is what I expect to happen along with a snarky remark coming with it or a passive aggressive quasi threat of sorts to my ability to speak here.

    You could see it as an insult or you could see it as a witty way of saying your overthinking it.

    If one of your post gets deleted let me know and i'll believe you.

    They won't though. You are overthinking it. And not a little

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468772#Comment_2468772

    You could see it as an insult or you could see it as a witty way of saying your overthinking it.

    If one of your post gets deleted let me know and i'll believe you.

    They won't though. You are overthinking it. And not a little

    censorship is rampant everywhere these days, and part of the effect is when nothing is seen, well, they don't notice the censorship. With Evil Dead coming in february and them being unwilling (even having stated it many times in the past) to balance the game for sweaty matches while introducing a system that will eventually make most matches feel sweaty once a player reaches their personal 'elo' I won't be surprised if they start deleting anything that threatens the bottom line like the pinhead changes thread that got closed so fast it only had time to get two replies that somebody made. (removed it's link to remove one potential excuse but another will be made up anyways if they wanna hit this post).

    They said nothing "out of line", it simply got closed because they wanna sell pinhead to killer players next week. And they won't be including a survivor with him to still give people an incentive to buy a killer that received some nerfs before his release (SWF WILL abuse the box changes and some killers will see practically nothing but swf after mmr) when he actually needed some buffs from his test server state instead. So they have to rely on only killer players to buy this one, at another bad point in the game's life for killers (I assume they couldn't license a survivor, or else they would have if 'the price was right' since it would have been smart to not exclude 4 out of 5 potential buyers). If any post does get hit of mine, it'll likely be this one because of talking about this when they're releasing him next week. But some other reason will likely be given as an excuse so that it couldn't be something obvious and screenshotted to be posted elsewhere drawing ire. heh.

  • I'm super excited! Sweaty meta players on both sides can go play with eachother and players who are used to stomping their opponents will actually have to earn their victory now. Thank you BHVR <3

  • @PlayEvilDead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468803#Comment_2468803

    censorship is rampant everywhere these days, and part of the effect is when nothing is seen, well, they don't notice the censorship. With Evil Dead coming in february and them being unwilling (even having stated it many times in the past) to balance the game for sweaty matches while introducing a system that will eventually make most matches feel sweaty once a player reaches their personal 'elo' I won't be surprised if they start deleting anything that threatens the bottom line like the pinhead changes thread that got closed so fast it only had time to get two replies that somebody made. (removed it's link to remove one potential excuse but another will be made up anyways if they wanna hit this post).

    They said nothing "out of line", it simply got closed because they wanna sell pinhead to killer players next week. And they won't be including a survivor with him to still give people an incentive to buy a killer that received some nerfs before his release (SWF WILL abuse the box changes and some killers will see practically nothing but swf after mmr) when he actually needed some buffs from his test server state instead. So they have to rely on only killer players to buy this one, at another bad point in the game's life for killers (I assume they couldn't license a survivor, or else they would have if 'the price was right' since it would have been smart to not exclude 4 out of 5 potential buyers). If any post does get hit of mine, it'll likely be this one because of talking about this when they're releasing him next week. But some other reason will likely be given as an excuse so that it couldn't be something obvious and screenshotted to be posted elsewhere drawing ire. heh.

    The post that have the caption "closed" to it also have in front of the title "Moved:"

    Aka they are being moved to the feedback section where they belong. Not a single pinhead post has been deleted.

  • averypleasantQthulhumeme.jpg

    I wonder if mastering the game and playing the hardest you can, Would ever have a bad outcome? Nah, its impossible.

  • Survivor you got very decent to good teammates. And most of the time we got out. However killer was alittle different the better you do the more SWFs and expert survivors you'll go against. So killer will get miserable. If it does ill just stick to survivor.

  • I wonder...How is gonna work vs SWF if im a god survibor and my friend just bought the game how will the new system fix that?

  • I am really happy, I thought the backlash would make them bend. I am so used to it coming from Overwatch. Glad these developers stick to their guns.

  • @KateDunson said:

    Time to drop this game then, I'm not ready to face blight nurse and spirit with the same build that camp and tunnel

    They already do that, lol. Almost every killer I face camps and tunnels.

  • @PlayEvilDead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468803#Comment_2468803

    censorship is rampant everywhere these days, and part of the effect is when nothing is seen, well, they don't notice the censorship. With Evil Dead coming in february and them being unwilling (even having stated it many times in the past) to balance the game for sweaty matches while introducing a system that will eventually make most matches feel sweaty once a player reaches their personal 'elo' I won't be surprised if they start deleting anything that threatens the bottom line like the pinhead changes thread that got closed so fast it only had time to get two replies that somebody made. (removed it's link to remove one potential excuse but another will be made up anyways if they wanna hit this post).

    They said nothing "out of line", it simply got closed because they wanna sell pinhead to killer players next week. And they won't be including a survivor with him to still give people an incentive to buy a killer that received some nerfs before his release (SWF WILL abuse the box changes and some killers will see practically nothing but swf after mmr) when he actually needed some buffs from his test server state instead. So they have to rely on only killer players to buy this one, at another bad point in the game's life for killers (I assume they couldn't license a survivor, or else they would have if 'the price was right' since it would have been smart to not exclude 4 out of 5 potential buyers). If any post does get hit of mine, it'll likely be this one because of talking about this when they're releasing him next week. But some other reason will likely be given as an excuse so that it couldn't be something obvious and screenshotted to be posted elsewhere drawing ire. heh.

    Given all the games that have tried to compete with DBD and died (including F13), it'd probably be a smart move to wait until someone gets their hands on the game (Evil Dead) before making any assumptions.

    Given your user name and previous posts, though, I doubt you will.

    Either way, I hope the game is enjoyable for everyone upon release :3

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468424#Comment_2468424

    Will I not be ? Because my SBMMR put me up against nothing but sweaty SWFS with thousands of hours. Who proceeded to end the matchs in roughly 4-5 minutes. How is that exactly fun kr balanced ?

    You have a high SBMMR because you stomped a bunch of bad players... you will now be matched with survivors that are at your skill level. You are not meant to 4K every single game. The game wouldn't be balanced. If you're not skilled enough to take on those survivors, then your rating will go down. I see no problems. You are now gonna win some and lose some.

  • I am actually top 5% of the killer base and this looks like it will be super unfun. I'll still win but I don't much care for 4 man slugging people as soon as possible. Oh well, my guess is that more and more killers will get bumped down (since they aren't actually that good at the game) and high MMR survivor ques will become quite long and undesirable. Well that is until MMR just bumps them down a tier because of que time and they just rolfstomp on a lower skilled killer.

    On a side note I would really like to point this out: you guys are all aware of who is in charge of balance, right? This is the same guy who couldn't "snap out of it" vs an impossible skill check doc (that was my fault btw KEKW.) This game isn't and has never been balanced around the high ranks, I think this is going to be a cluster fck at high MMR once the weak killers have been weeded out. Games will be 5min no matter which side wins and I can see a lot of those players quitting due to that lack of balance or variety.

    For lower and mid tier MMR is great and will do wonders I think, but the higher tier players are going to end up leaving. Also, the thing about playing a game is sooner or later you get better at the game and those mid tier players turn into high tier players who ultimately leave the game due to the unfun nature of high ranks; just some food for thought.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468809#Comment_2468809

    Given all the games that have tried to compete with DBD and died (including F13), it'd probably be a smart move to wait until someone gets their hands on the game (Evil Dead) before making any assumptions.

    Given your user name and previous posts, though, I doubt you will.

    Either way, I hope the game is enjoyable for everyone upon release :3


    That would be a best case, since the games would have to stay in good shape and it could make it appealing to play both for some folks. I was hoping Friday the 13th was going to make that the case. dbd has been able to sit on it's laurels for too long though and desperately needs a strong competitor to overcome the playerbase barrier. A big IP will probably be what it takes to do it at this point, something that will draw attention and have some wanting to check it out.

    Even a big brand name can have trouble once a new fad genre becomes saturated or has most of it's users settle onto a specific game or few unfortunately. Like with league/Dota2/Smite choking out the dozen or so betas of mobas I tried the past 12 years or so with even the DC Infinite Crisis game. Once I felt it finally reached a state where it was improving and standing out a little (it tried to copycat league in too many ways earlier in it's CB like with the builds and items) getting shut down due to not having enough players. Even a big brand name isn't always enough to do it when it comes too late or does not have an Incredibly strong first impression. Especially in a grindy genre, nobody wants to start a fresh account and grind all over again while learning a new game on top of it.

    I believe how easy Evil Dead is to get into, and how simple it is to learn but how much gameplay potential it has will play a big role in how many users it keeps. It could be an objectively superior game in most ways (which wouldn't be too surprising) but if there is too large a grind holding it back, or mechanically it could be exploited gatekeeping itself from newer or players or creating a huge imbalance in the asym mode (a dbd issue too although this would not affect ED co-op and would not kill the game as a result thankfully) then everybody is just gonna go back to the game they ground out already (dbd being the only one still around unfortunately and the second one to emerge that I recall, next to evolve). Even if they think their old game is worse game overall. Hell I've done it myself in the past.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Pretty good job, so far.

    I´m looking forward to 5.2.0

    Im cool with it, but they should fix performance first, most of my "losses" come from the terrible lag spikes that constantly happen

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468979#Comment_2468979

    Yeap. Let's pretend it's from me stomping bad players. Or that I'm a bad killer 🤣

    Instead of highlighting just how unbalanced this game is. Too unbalanced to make every single match a sweat fest 5 minute match. Rather you slug them all out. Or 4 man escape with 4 hooks.

    I know one thing. High level MMR is going to lead to one thing. And one thing only. Camping hook and tunneling. And not even really playing the maps and spreading out hooks like survivors want you to do

    Camping and tunneling is in almost every game I play. That will be nothing new. I never said you were a bad player.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468462#Comment_2468462

    You have a high SBMMR because you stomped a bunch of bad players... you will now be matched with survivors that are at your skill level. You are not meant to 4K every single game. The game wouldn't be balanced. If you're not skilled enough to take on those survivors, then your rating will go down. I see no problems. You are now gonna win some and lose some.

    I guess alot of killer must be stomping bad survivors if most killers are having the same complaints. Killers are not meant to 4k every game but they should also not feel like they don't have a chance at winning. If you go against 4 good survivors most chances are you will lose. Simple as that. And people already know how unbalanced the game is. We all should lose some and win some yes but not to the point where killer is miserable.

  • @Guest1567432 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468685#Comment_2468685

    Give it a day or two...the videos will start rolling out.

    First Farmer and now Scott is crying....see vids starting to roll in.

  • They kill a part of the playerbase for the good of the majority.


    We ll see how it goes.

  • @Unifall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2468979#Comment_2468979

    I guess alot of killer must be stomping bad survivors if most killers are having the same complaints. Killers are not meant to 4k every game but they should also not feel like they don't have a chance at winning. If you go against 4 good survivors most chances are you will lose. Simple as that. And people already know how unbalanced the game is. We all should lose some and win some yes but not to the point where killer is miserable.

    Hate to break it to you...

    But yep that is the case. The majority of survivors are not good, just because they are in red rank does not mean they are good. There could be a killer with 5000 hours going up against red rank survivors with 50 hours. And even more for killer. Since red rank killers tend to play more than red ranks survivors. Which is why this is a good thing because I'm pretty sure statistically most red rank killers win a good amount. So the numbers may be inflated for the high ranks. With this as they wrote on their update, could show a clearer picture.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2469112#Comment_2469112

    Hate to break it to you...

    But yep that is the case. The majority of survivors are not good, just because they are in red rank does not mean they are good. There could be a killer with 5000 hours going up against red rank survivors with 50 hours. And even more for killer. Since red rank killers tend to play more than red ranks survivors. Which is why this is a good thing because I'm pretty sure statistically most red rank killers win a good amount. So the numbers may be inflated for the high ranks. With this as they wrote on their update, could show a clearer picture.

    That still won't justify killers having to sweat every game. Theres also other variables that go into match making. In other games yes match making makes perfect sense but dbd? No all you will have is 1 good killer vs 4 good survivors and we both know how that usually ends. You might think thats a good thing atm. But keep playing killer and see how you like it. If you make it to high mmr then maybe come back and see if your mind changes in a month. For solo survivor this is perfect so no complaints here.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2469122#Comment_2469122

    Maybe because experienced people realize how bad this will be ?

    Some of the killer streamers and youtubers are clearly spoiled by being handed endless urban evasion squads to munch on while still paying more attention to chat. I watched one of the semi-popular ones last test when I couldn't get online myself and the guy was completely enraged at getting several 2ks in a row.

    Then the ragequitting started.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2469122#Comment_2469122

    Maybe because experienced people realize how bad this will be ?

    Or they have gotten used to not having challenging opponents because of the busted match making for the last 5 years.

1 2 3 4