Killer just isn't good to play...

And the queue times certainly reflect the high demand for the role......


Whether it's the hatred of basically every map in the game, from maps where every tile is LT, double LT, or cabin, or maps where there's probably actually 40+ windows, or maps where every gen is totally safe and inside a house, 2nd floor or basement... i.e. MAPS that just feel like an auto-loss...


Or games that are going fine, struggle on both sides, then BAM, all of a sudden everyone escapes. Guess they had a key, maybe even found it in a chest...


And god forbid simply going against good Survivors, rather than Survivors that run into you all game because they don't know what a terror radius is... And feeling the sheer helplessness of an actual 4v1 video game...


It's just not fun anymore...


And don't say something like, "Take a break," or, "Then play something else."

These types of responses don't properly bring attention to the game's legitimate issues. Because like I said, the fact that Killer queues are instant 24 hours a day really speaks volumes. In a game where you need 4 times as many Survivors, but there are always enough to instantly fill a lobby...


Please just... stop... being dumb with this game...

Comments

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451127#Comment_2451127

    Because Survivors had even broken Stuff. If we talk about the Launch:

    There were double as many Pallets.

    There were WAY more Windows. E.g. Ironworks, the upper Floor, every Window was open.

    There was no Bloodlust and no Entity Blockers, so there were actual Infinites, Spots where the Killer cannot catch Survivors.

    Some Maps were bigger.

    Some Structures got reworked a lot in 2020. E.g. Ironworks again: there was no Doorway next to the Window Downstairs, so it was a Window where you had to vault 3 times for the Entity Blocker to kick in. So basically, you were unable to chase Survivors there.

    BT worked for both players when it was introduced, so both had BT (even tho, the mechanic was different, back then you had to heal to get out of the "Endurance"-State (Endurance was not a thing back then).

    Brand New Parts completed a full Gen.

    Syringes healed two Health States, Styptic Agents healed one Health State, both instant.

    DS when introduced activated shortly after Pickup, no Unhook Requirement or anything. Later they changed it that only the Obsession has it shortly after pickup, other Survivors had to wiggle for 35% of their Wiggle Bar. So you might not have been able to pick the Obsession up, if there is no Hook nearby to dribble them (dropping them to avoid the DS) and even if you were able to dribble, it was so time-consuming.

    Exhaustion was not a thing, back then a Perk like Sprint Burst was on 20 second Cooldown which also went down while running, so every 20 seconds the Survivor had Sprint Burst.

    With Self Care and We Will Make it you were able to heal yourself faster than the recovery time of the Killer.

    Vault Speeds of Killers were WAY slower, meanwihle Survivors were always able to fast-vault.

    Those are just some things. And even then Killers were able to get Kills. Players who complain nowadays that Killer is hard really dont understand how easy it became. I am not saying that Nerfs or Buffs were not deserved, but saying that Killer is hard (or some say it has became harder or unplayable, lol) is simply wrong.

    Groaning storehouse. (my bad, wrong map) still has the small side window that is still a 3 vault loop.

  • I get that being told to just take a break can be aggravating, but I'm being genuine when I say to please not force yourself to play something you aren't enjoying. It's not worth your time or effort if you're not having fun playing it.

  • And this here is the problem with this game...the devs balance on "The Stats". It will be interesting how when the mmr gets turned on what the stats will look like, but I'm sure we won't get the full picture of that. Will buffs/nerfs happen when the kill/survive rates change? Or will the balance team continue to stick their heads in the sand and say everything is "fine"?

  • @TGB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450848#Comment_2450848

    Moonwalking and hoping your opponent falls for it isn't good advice. Nor does it make that type of tile any better. Especially, ESPECIALLY, on a map where you can run from one LT to another LT right next to it. That means a Survivor can ALWAYS just "hold W" when they suspect you might be doing a moonwalk, and viola, a totally new LT & reset on the chase.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451132#Comment_2451132

    Saying the removal of INFINITES is a Survivor nerf is technically true, but if you don't realize how silly you look just by saying that, then I don't know if we can hold a conversation. Nerfing something that used to actually INFINITE a Killer, into no longer being able to do that, doesn't even REMOTELY imply that this thing is now "fair".

    Imagine this in the context of anything else.

    "Ryu can no longer shoot unblockable Hadokens that do 100% of your life bar and cover up the whole screen."

    Are you left thinking, "Wow, he must be fair now," or are you left thinking, "Uhhhh okay... Why was that ever a thing... Okay, so, what does it CURRENTLY do?"

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450704#Comment_2450704

    Yes, I consider LT's maybe the best looping tile in the game. If you disagree, and if the general populace disagrees, that doesn't change my opinion. I have this belief as one who plays both sides.

    Why would I show you my gameplay? It would become a source of confirmation bias. Every little thing I do wrong would confirm your belief that I'm "just bad". And you'd count my mistakes, however never count the Survivor mistakes. It would be a totally useless disaster.

    LT's are not only strong, but obviously strong. Most people who claim they're not even that good end up saying something like, "They become a 50/50 with mind games." And in what world is a 50/50 not innately strong in a 4v1 game where dedicating to a chase can mean 3 gens pop, and each Survivor has to be hooked 3 times in order to die?

    And that's assuming they're 50/50's, which I wouldn't say they are. And, again, ESPECIALLY on maps where LT's are connected to other LT's. Those are actual infinites, barring special things like Nurse or... ... honestly, Bamboozle doesn't even counter a double LT...

    You were saying Killer was easier in the past, this is a counter statement as to why it wasn't. Infinites and large maps made playing killer much harder in the past.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    No, survivor is. Try playing against unpredictable and uncounterable hitboxes, aura perks, all slowdown perks, watching your team on their belly at 5 gens. That is almost every match too. Please don't tell me killer isn't good to play. Killer needs to be much harder than what it is.

    You must be at rank 20 lmao

  • You must have never tried the soloQ experience.

  • I'm still waiting for any of the people who make these posts to tell me why they still play a game they don't like. They literally never answer me. I guess I'll just ask the next person who makes this identical post, saying it's so stressful and unfun to play killer.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2452091#Comment_2452091

    You were saying Killer was easier in the past, this is a counter statement as to why it wasn't. Infinites and large maps made playing killer much harder in the past.


    Quote the entire post where I've said that. Because there are several things I've said that could be misunderstood as that, and I'm curious which post you're thinking of so that I can elaborate on what I said.

  • I bought the game as a hold-over... I'm waiting for another game to release.

    But for me, DBD is a lot like watching a movie you know you don't like... it reminds you why you don't like it. The concept is basically Hide and Seek and has potential to be so much more.

    My current dislikes are:

    SWF's doing Gen Rush and exit ... all in 4 minutes, while I rarely ever get to see them until the gate is opened and I watch them escape.

    I get matched with much higher players, rather than a match that suits my Killers level and perks.

    I get "Disconnected from Host" so I get no shards for leveling after a game is over... Win or Lose.. I still lose.

    I have to travel huge Maps for a glimps of the backside of a Survivor that most times will crouch, hide, and 360 me then blind me and do a crouched body block while their buddy does another 360 and blind me...Okay it's part of the Survivors tool set, but if the game is only fun for the Survivors in that match then atleast 4 of 5 people got a smile out of it.

    So I keep playing... to remind me why I dislike some parts of the game and I wait for my favorite game to release.

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450499#Comment_2450499

    The major survivor nerfs: old MoM, DS, OoO, toolboxes.

    Major killer nerfs: old ruin, undying, nurse, legion.

    There have been nerfs on both sides. Arguably more for killers. Don't turn this into a us Vs them thread.

    Legion wasn't nerfed, he was changed because he's old gameplay was a snoozefest. Old Legion was boring, all you would do is run around the entire game making survivors mend. Also, new Ruin is much-much better than old ruin.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    I'm still waiting for any of the people who make these posts to tell me why they still play a game they don't like. They literally never answer me. I guess I'll just ask the next person who makes this identical post, saying it's so stressful and unfun to play killer.

    Its called Sunk Cost Fallacy. Thats the reason.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2458735#Comment_2458735

    Legion wasn't nerfed, he was changed because he's old gameplay was a snoozefest. Old Legion was boring, all you would do is run around the entire game making survivors mend. Also, new Ruin is much-much better than old ruin.

    Yeah, the last phrase shows that you know nothing about the game. Sorry, can´t take this serious.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2462714#Comment_2462714

    Yeah, the last phrase shows that you know nothing about the game. Sorry, can´t take this serious.

    Most people on these forums agree that new ruin is better than old ruin. Old ruin only regressed the gen if you didn't hit the great skill check and most red ranks hit great skill checks pretty regularly. You can also by-pass Old Ruin by gen-tapping.

    New ruin regresses gens continually if no one is on that gen and it regresses it extremely fast.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2462752#Comment_2462752

    Most people on these forums agree that new ruin is better than old ruin. Old ruin only regressed the gen if you didn't hit the great skill check and most red ranks hit great skill checks pretty regularly. You can also by-pass Old Ruin by gen-tapping.

    New ruin regresses gens continually if no one is on that gen and it regresses it extremely fast.

    In other words, new ruin has no effect at all, when survivors hug gens. Unlike the old version, that actually slowed the gen progress down while survivors worked on them.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2462772#Comment_2462772

    In other words, new ruin has no effect at all, when survivors hug gens. Unlike the old version, that actually slowed the gen progress down while survivors worked on them.

    Well, if you aren't patrolling gens then yes. Every time you are in a chase with someone you ran off a gen, you are getting use out of new ruin.

    Old Ruin only affected new players, it didn't affect experienced players. New Ruin affects everyone.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2462790#Comment_2462790

    Well, if you aren't patrolling gens then yes. Every time you are in a chase with someone you ran off a gen, you are getting use out of new ruin.

    Old Ruin only affected new players, it didn't affect experienced players. New Ruin affects everyone.

    Since you can only chase 1 survivor at a time, new ruin is weaker than old ruin, which could work on up to 4 survivors at the same time.

  • I take Killer role very casual, focus on the rift challenges and rituals. Getting Kills is secondary, hooks and BBQ stacks are better. If everyone plays well and escapes, good on them.

    If you log into Killer with the mindset of sweating the kills, you are going to get upset over getting outplayed.

  • Not sure what killer you play, but try playing a ranged killer or just play spirit. I personally play Huntress most because she can get around a lot of the bs frustrations that come with playing killer just as the other ranged ones do so try one of them out. You'll probably enjoy killer more

  • @playhard said:

    this game literally will be dead in 1-2 years ahead. imbalance gameplay with killer and survivor player, make this lobby game very long to wait, they need to give incentive more when player willing to play as a killer, not really fun to chase 4 human with a coordinated comms when you only want to have fun

    Definetely impossible to incentivise being bullied you can make it bp x10 and i would refuse i didnt came to be bullied just to have fun.

  • @TGB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450465#Comment_2450465

    Well this is why I made a point to say, quite simply, playing versus good Survivors is problem enough. No, they don't even NEED to be a coordinated SWF or whatnot.

    They can just be 4 individually skilled solo queue Survivors, and they will trounce you.

    If you took 4 random Survivors from the top... I dunno, top 1,000 Survivors in the game, and faced them against the top 100 Killers, I'd put my money on the Survivors every time. I wouldn't win every bet, but I'd certainly make major bank overall.

    At least with no comms good surv you have a chance with certain killers.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    If you're struggling with infinite L T loops then @Lord_Tony has some good advice on dealing with them

    TL arent the real problem.The problem are the unfair structures as jungle gyms etc.If I were enought smart to trick the surv reward me with a hit not a oallet break,for that I can just use bamboozle and have same result with less headache.

  • @Seraphor said:

    MMR should help with this. Theoretically, once everyone calms down from the initial shock and stops playing extra sweaty because they anticipate their opponent must be sweaty too of course.

    But once people start playing normally with MMR, they should settle into their skill brackets, and it will help out the 'weaker' killers. Low mobility M1 killers will legitimately do worse against higher skilled survivors, so you should end up matched against slightly less skilled survivors, meanwhile Blights, Spirits and Nurses who can deal with the higher skill will get that higher skill. You won't be 'forced' to play 'strong' killers, every killer will be viable in it's own niche, and that should get more people playing killer.

    If that the case surv gonna love the queques becuz gonna stay 45 mins waiting for killer.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451127#Comment_2451127

    Infinites were removed and maps were shrunk. Those are both massive nerfs to survivors.

    Becuz infinites and 30000km2 maps were fair beforehand isnt it?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451127#Comment_2451127

    Because Survivors had even broken Stuff. If we talk about the Launch:

    There were double as many Pallets.

    There were WAY more Windows. E.g. Ironworks, the upper Floor, every Window was open.

    There was no Bloodlust and no Entity Blockers, so there were actual Infinites, Spots where the Killer cannot catch Survivors.

    Some Maps were bigger.

    Some Structures got reworked a lot in 2020. E.g. Ironworks again: there was no Doorway next to the Window Downstairs, so it was a Window where you had to vault 3 times for the Entity Blocker to kick in. So basically, you were unable to chase Survivors there.

    BT worked for both players when it was introduced, so both had BT (even tho, the mechanic was different, back then you had to heal to get out of the "Endurance"-State (Endurance was not a thing back then).

    Brand New Parts completed a full Gen.

    Syringes healed two Health States, Styptic Agents healed one Health State, both instant.

    DS when introduced activated shortly after Pickup, no Unhook Requirement or anything. Later they changed it that only the Obsession has it shortly after pickup, other Survivors had to wiggle for 35% of their Wiggle Bar. So you might not have been able to pick the Obsession up, if there is no Hook nearby to dribble them (dropping them to avoid the DS) and even if you were able to dribble, it was so time-consuming.

    Exhaustion was not a thing, back then a Perk like Sprint Burst was on 20 second Cooldown which also went down while running, so every 20 seconds the Survivor had Sprint Burst.

    With Self Care and We Will Make it you were able to heal yourself faster than the recovery time of the Killer.

    Vault Speeds of Killers were WAY slower, meanwihle Survivors were always able to fast-vault.

    Those are just some things. And even then Killers were able to get Kills. Players who complain nowadays that Killer is hard really dont understand how easy it became. I am not saying that Nerfs or Buffs were not deserved, but saying that Killer is hard (or some say it has became harder or unplayable, lol) is simply wrong.

    Killer is hard, before was harder.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    I'm still waiting for any of the people who make these posts to tell me why they still play a game they don't like. They literally never answer me. I guess I'll just ask the next person who makes this identical post, saying it's so stressful and unfun to play killer.

    Becuz its a drug bro.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2462825#Comment_2462825

    Since you can only chase 1 survivor at a time, new ruin is weaker than old ruin, which could work on up to 4 survivors at the same time.

    Create a new post that reads "Which is better: New Ruin or Old Ruin" and you'll see how many killers like the new ruin over the old ruin.

  • That’s why all I do is smoke, have a few drinks. Then I play how I want. You’re more upset because you trying to find a balance between your satisfaction and the opposing players by being sporting.

    The first example is if I ever run gen regression perks I have no need to tunnel/camp players. I can hunt everyone just about as much. Which is why you see Ruin/Undying a lot. It gives killers the time to be fair! Survivors hate it, but do you think they hate being tunneled/camped more?

    The second example is me running a Mini Mori Build on Trickster. He’ll camp/tunnel heavily because none of his perks regress generators. If I chase everyone then the gens get done and they walk out. So I bully to lure out the altruism in others. If I don’t see the altruism then I check gens, etc.

    Survivors whine at first but then they see I have absolutely no gen perks. If I took the time to chase and hook every person I wouldn’t even get a 2k. Survivors hate every way the killers play. So learn to ignore them. As killer just play how you want. Use Iridescents. Mori (I like Yellow to trick players into thinking it’s Green/Red). Get tbagged by survivors. That’s the toxicity that is DbD.

  • @TGB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450471#Comment_2450471

    This type of argument is very frequently used in every discussion in every game, because it is generally a very bland and "filler" kind of point to try to make.

    First - if there's a problem at the highest level, then that still means the effects bleed out into all levels. We aren't playing a different game. Additionally, the difference between the top 1% of players and the top 2% of players is so minimal, YOU yourself wouldn't even be able to identify the tiny differences. That being said, you don't really understand what you're saying when you make the "point" you're trying to make. Skillful players account for a deeper percentage than the 1% you seem to think. And frankly, the only place where Killers are having "easy games" is against newbies who don't even know what loud noise notifications are.

    Killers are OP when everyone's on day 1.

    But to suggest that they're up to par after that point? Well, that's just silly.

    If we were to get all red rank survivors and all red rank killers and have them verse each other, killers will win the majority of their games. The only place where this changes is when you're talking about actual competitive groups. And those groups used stretched res, so those survivors aren't even playing the same game.

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    Not sure what killer you play, but try playing a ranged killer or just play spirit. I personally play Huntress most because she can get around a lot of the bs frustrations that come with playing killer just as the other ranged ones do so try one of them out. You'll probably enjoy killer more

    I try not to become too reliant on her, but yeah, she is really satisfying. I fear the day I too become jaded as a killer and just decide to one trick Huntress. She plays better than some of the killers I actually have experience with running full meta with just her one perk.

  • I enjoy playing both sides in their current state.

    I don't really find either role particularly stressful or difficult.

    Sometimes I'll get blown up, but it's pretty rare.

    The things that make matches interesting on either side for me are never knowing if person A knows that they should do X in a particular situation and/or stuff like expecting someone to do X and they do Y, even if it's an insane or risky play.

    I treat the game like a fighting game, in terms of mentality - it's up to me to open the opponent up, and they can use whatever they have to prevent me from doing so / to do the same to me.

    I don't want 5-5 matchups every game. Give me a 6-4, give me a 9-1, tunnel me, face camp me, whatever.

    If every match was the same regardless of killer/loadout choice/solo/swf, the game would actually die - it would be boring.

    The fact that the game still experiences growth should indicate that things are moving in a positive direction.

  • I think average killer experience is not that bad. But when you get swf or very strong survivors you are very limited with killers that can compete no matter how good you are. Not to mention how frustrating multitasking can get.

    Survivor is more chill even if you don't escape a lot. It depends a lot on the teammates you get tho.


    Both sides can be enjoyable and unenjoyable but amount of stress you can get as killer is way above survivor imo. You can get frustrated as survivor sure but as a killer there is no easy way out and you have to babysit everyone for the whole game.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2462843#Comment_2462843

    Create a new post that reads "Which is better: New Ruin or Old Ruin" and you'll see how many killers like the new ruin over the old ruin.

    Oh I'm sure only killers will answer to this. Totally not survivors...

  • @Shaped said:

    I think average killer experience is not that bad. But when you get swf or very strong survivors you are very limited with killers that can compete no matter how good you are. Not to mention how frustrating multitasking can get.

    Survivor is more chill even if you don't escape a lot. It depends a lot on the teammates you get tho.

    Both sides can be enjoyable and unenjoyable but amount of stress you can get as killer is way above survivor imo. You can get frustrated as survivor sure but as a killer there is no easy way out and you have to babysit everyone for the whole game.

    To be fair, if it is a game where there isn't much I can do, it will end very quickly as gens are flying. So while I cannot Suicide on hook to leave early, I am not going to need to wait THAT long regardless.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2463158#Comment_2463158

    To be fair, if it is a game where there isn't much I can do, it will end very quickly as gens are flying. So while I cannot Suicide on hook to leave early, I am not going to need to wait THAT long regardless.

    I mean you get a 2 minute tbag ceremony after egc starts at least :D.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2463158#Comment_2463158

    To be fair, if it is a game where there isn't much I can do, it will end very quickly as gens are flying. So while I cannot Suicide on hook to leave early, I am not going to need to wait THAT long regardless.

    That's not always true that the game will end early if the killer is outmatched, especially if the killer isn't that skilled and gets matched with expert survivors. I had a match recently where I was facing a Team Oracle type of SWF. They didn't make any mistakes at loops at all and it was taking me forever to catch anybody. They intentionally avoided completing the last generator in order to force me to stay in the match and continue to bully me. The match ended up taking around 13 minutes when it was actually over in about four. I didn't disconnect because I didn't want to lose my bloodpoints and take a penalty. I wish there was a surrender option where after three generators are done, the killer can just give up and forfeit if they know they are completely outmatched.

  • @Veinslay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2463177#Comment_2463177

    That's not always true that the game will end early if the killer is outmatched, especially if the killer isn't that skilled and gets matched with expert survivors. I had a match recently where I was facing a Team Oracle type of SWF. They didn't make any mistakes at loops at all and it was taking me forever to catch anybody. They intentionally avoided completing the last generator in order to force me to stay in the match and continue to bully me. The match ended up taking around 13 minutes when it was actually over in about four. I didn't disconnect because I didn't want to lose my bloodpoints and take a penalty. I wish there was a surrender option where after three generators are done, the killer can just give up and forfeit if they know they are completely outmatched.

    This is one of the reasons why the killer should be able to open the exit gates, independently of how many gens have been completed.

    The current version is inconsistent.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2463249#Comment_2463249

    This is one of the reasons why the killer should be able to open the exit gates, independently of how many gens have been completed.

    The current version is inconsistent.

    I don't know. Opening the exit gates whenever you want.....how is that any different than survivors committing suicide on their first hook? The match is still ending prematurely. I can picture killers opening the gates because ruin was cleansed or they got sent to haddonfield.

    As for the uber swf not doing gens to get more points. I'm pretty sure you can file a report for holding the game hostage for that.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2463251#Comment_2463251

    I don't know. Opening the exit gates whenever you want.....how is that any different than survivors committing suicide on their first hook? The match is still ending prematurely. I can picture killers opening the gates because ruin was cleansed or they got sent to haddonfield.

    That's the point.

    Survivors can end the match prematurely. Why can't killers do the same?!

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2463253#Comment_2463253

    That's the point.

    Survivors can end the match prematurely. Why can't killers do the same?!

    I don't feel either side should be able to do so but in order to fix that. They would have to find a way to deal with hook suicides. Which I don't think they can.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2463263#Comment_2463263

    I don't feel either side should be able to do so but in order to fix that. They would have to find a way to deal with hook suicides. Which I don't think they can.

    So just give killers a way out.

    They are also human beings that want a miserable experience to end.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2463264#Comment_2463264

    So just give killers a way out.

    They are also human beings that want a miserable experience to end.

    But can you add a way out that will end a miserable experience but won't be abused when things just aren't going your way? What's to stop a killer from opening the gates because it's a bad map, ruin was cleansed early, a survivor got a flashlight save or 3 gens popped by the time they got one hook?

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2463266#Comment_2463266

    But can you add a way out that will end a miserable experience but won't be abused when things just aren't going your way? What's to stop a killer from opening the gates because it's a bad map, ruin was cleansed early, a survivor got a flashlight save or 3 gens popped by the time they got one hook?

    Again, why should survivors be the only ones that get a way out when the game becomes a miserable experience?

    Because right now, survivors are doing exactly that. Abuse their easy way out, when things don't go as they want.

    Killers always have to stay until the survivors are either dead or gone.

  • @TGB said:

    And the queue times certainly reflect the high demand for the role......

    Whether it's the hatred of basically every map in the game, from maps where every tile is LT, double LT, or cabin, or maps where there's probably actually 40+ windows, or maps where every gen is totally safe and inside a house, 2nd floor or basement... i.e. MAPS that just feel like an auto-loss...

    Or games that are going fine, struggle on both sides, then BAM, all of a sudden everyone escapes. Guess they had a key, maybe even found it in a chest...

    And god forbid simply going against good Survivors, rather than Survivors that run into you all game because they don't know what a terror radius is... And feeling the sheer helplessness of an actual 4v1 video game...

    It's just not fun anymore...

    And don't say something like, "Take a break," or, "Then play something else."

    These types of responses don't properly bring attention to the game's legitimate issues. Because like I said, the fact that Killer queues are instant 24 hours a day really speaks volumes. In a game where you need 4 times as many Survivors, but there are always enough to instantly fill a lobby...

    Please just... stop... being dumb with this game...

    Not sure where you live but for most of the day survivor queues are shorter than killer queues for me. They switch around 10:00 PM EST when it takes much longer to find a survivor match. From 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM ish survivor queue is almost instant so your point is invalid.

    Also, you’re not the only only playing killer my guy. Devs generally balance this game based on the average number of escapes per killer per map and id say the game is in a healthier place now than it was for many years. Watch people like Otz, there’s a reason he can get a 20 streak anytime with multiple killers easily. Fix your fundamentals and try again, I’m a survivor main but I find killer to generally be a much more relaxing and easy experience than red rank solo queue survivor.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2463273#Comment_2463273

    Again, why should survivors be the only ones that get a way out when the game becomes a miserable experience?

    Because right now, survivors are doing exactly that. Abuse their easy way out, when things don't go as they want.

    Killers always have to stay until the survivors are either dead or gone.

    Instead of adding another unhealthy mechanic because one side has one. Id rather they fix the broken mechanic.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2463284#Comment_2463284

    Instead of adding another unhealthy mechanic because one side has one. Id rather they fix the broken mechanic.

    They won't fix suiciding on hooks though.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2450499#Comment_2450499

    Trickle down potential bro. If tournament swf can beat most killers with 0 deaths and even 0 hooks, then a decent swf will beat most killers with 0-1 deaths and a couple of hooks.

    There is a hard wall that all killers hit and then start to rely on a "weak link" in the survivors to get any gameplay. What if there isn't a weak link?

    I can't wait for mmr, sadly it looks like they are going to ruin it to appease to streamers.

    MMR unfortunately needs to happen. It's the only way the glaring issues will be dealt with. Of course the statistics will be hidden from us, of course.

  • What about getting rid of being able to unhook yourself unless you're running Deliverance? Just replace the jumping off the hook part of the first phase with skill checks. Slippery Meat could be changed to be able to wiggle out of the killer's grasp much faster.

  • Oh they will. In 4 years. That's how long it took them to fix DS. Yet ruin+undying was a thing for like 3 months? /coughfavoritismcough

  • @TGB said:

    And the queue times certainly reflect the high demand for the role......

    Whether it's the hatred of basically every map in the game, from maps where every tile is LT, double LT, or cabin, or maps where there's probably actually 40+ windows, or maps where every gen is totally safe and inside a house, 2nd floor or basement... i.e. MAPS that just feel like an auto-loss...

    Or games that are going fine, struggle on both sides, then BAM, all of a sudden everyone escapes. Guess they had a key, maybe even found it in a chest...

    And god forbid simply going against good Survivors, rather than Survivors that run into you all game because they don't know what a terror radius is... And feeling the sheer helplessness of an actual 4v1 video game...

    It's just not fun anymore...

    And don't say something like, "Take a break," or, "Then play something else."

    These types of responses don't properly bring attention to the game's legitimate issues. Because like I said, the fact that Killer queues are instant 24 hours a day really speaks volumes. In a game where you need 4 times as many Survivors, but there are always enough to instantly fill a lobby...

    Please just... stop... being dumb with this game...

    I hear Civilization is good.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2463013#Comment_2463013

    I try not to become too reliant on her, but yeah, she is really satisfying. I fear the day I too become jaded as a killer and just decide to one trick Huntress. She plays better than some of the killers I actually have experience with running full meta with just her one perk.

    IKR!! I've just given in to her. She's fun and rewarding and lets you ignore looping bs. I just started using iron maiden on her for the reload and I feel like I've been missing out.

1 2 3