5 years and survivors can still quick switch?

What is the reason?

How can i adjust my build, like bringing Franklins against 4 items, bringing a hook offering against potential sabo toolboxes, Lightborn against multiple flashlights or unequip my hex perk when 1 brings a map, if survs are able to equip or change their item last second?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    This needs a lobby fix for both sides before they can remove last second switching.

    This was never a thing until killers started dodging lobbies due to items. This can't be removed without fixing the dodging issue as each side should be able to play the game as it was intended with everything at the game offers.

    The only fair way i can see to fix it its to have time locks for both sides.

    Lock both sides into the lobby at 40s so they can't leave without a penalty to rematch.

    Survivor loadouts get locked in at 20s so the killer has that time to set up before it starts.

    20s isn't enough to switch perks (especially a full loadout) and even more so on console.

  • 5 years & killers can still face camp? exactly. stop complaining.

  • @707jug said:

    5 years & killers can still face camp? exactly. stop complaining.

    That’s not what this thread is about though.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    LOL

    Survivors just shouldn't be allowed to bring in anything ever. Would that make you happy?

    Oh no!

    It seems you posted in the wrong topic as that has nothing to do with what was posted.

    I know the forums are hard to navigate, but you can do it!

    I believe in you :3

  • @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443105#Comment_2443105

    They just asked to have time to prepare themselve if there is X items in the lobby.

    Killers just souldn't be allowed to counter Survivors' strategies. Would that make you happy?

    Yes it would, it seems.

  • @kyogul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443419#Comment_2443419

    20s isn't enough to switch perks (especially a full loadout) and even more so on console.

    It would be if we had load outs we could save 😉.

  • survivors who last second switch to a key let alone bring one deserved to get camped and tunneled.

  • Can't you just leave? They randomly last minute swapped to 2 keys, so I was like... "nah" and closed the application. I loaded back in without any penalty as far as I could tell.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444382#Comment_2444382

    about 90% of lobbies I see keys there's also a hatch offering. That puts a lot more pressure on killers especially if they're a SWF.

    Makes sense, considering how powerful those offerings are with a key. No idea why they added them into the game while keys are complained about so much. Before it would have been totally random, or required coordination with a map.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Can't you just leave? They randomly last minute swapped to 2 keys, so I was like... "nah" and closed the application. I loaded back in without any penalty as far as I could tell.

    No you have to close out the game and reboot which we shouldn’t have to do.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444451#Comment_2444451

    Makes sense, considering how powerful those offerings are with a key. No idea why they added them into the game while keys are complained about so much. Before it would have been totally random, or required coordination with a map.

    I forgot to mention when there’s also a map offering that has a killer shack and main building.


    It’s a lot to prepare for lol.

  • @Triadequinaxor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443114#Comment_2443114

    I think its hilarious that the killer cant change his killer while the survivor can change his survivor

    Survivors are purely cosmetic. Killers are not, so this one I can get behind.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443105#Comment_2443105

    That isn't what they said at all though? I'm pretty sure the lobby was designed so the killer could prepare. So yeah, it feels pretty unfair when they switch at the last second giving you no time to prepare.

    Not sure why you immediately had to be so goddamn dickish about it when they have a pretty valid complaint.

    I don't think it's a valid complaint at all, so sure, I guess I'm a dick.

    Killers can see what survivors bring into the game ahead of time, but survivors shouldn't be allowed to switch their items? Are you actually kidding me? Do you want the devs to just hold your hands? Load into the game and just have evert survivor die? Not everything is about screwing killers over, even though you all seem to think it is.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443105#Comment_2443105

    Pointless and aggressive hyperbole that adds nothing to the discussion

    Killers already have the huge advantage of seeing survivors and their items before the game. But that's not enough. We should get rid of chests too. Survivors might loot something killers weren't ready for. We shouldn't be able to swap items either. It might throw off killers. They need even more help, apparently. Nothing is enough for killers. Literally nothing.

  • Been asking for saved loadouts for awhile now T3T

  • @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443105#Comment_2443105

    They just asked to have time to prepare themselve if there is X items in the lobby.

    Killers just souldn't be allowed to counter Survivors' strategies. Would that make you happy?

    Killers already can see what survivors they're going against, and what items they're bringing, and I have no problem with that. I'm not the one asking for more help, unlike OP. I didn't say the lobbies should change in any way or that killers shouldn't be able to prepare.

    Let's get rid of chests - killers might not be ready for what survivors loot. No one can drop their item, either. It might throw off the killer.

    If you lock my item in, I'm leaving the lobby. 99% of the time when I make a last second change, it's to take something OFF that I looted out of a game and don't want to bring in. And then killers will start complaining that people are leaving the lobbies. Killers just cannot fathom that not every survivor does things to screw them over because they do do everything they can to screw over survivors ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443139#Comment_2443139

    Killers already have the huge advantage of seeing survivors and their items before the game. But that's not enough. We should get rid of chests too. Survivors might loot something killers weren't ready for. We shouldn't be able to swap items either. It might throw off killers. They need even more help, apparently. Nothing is enough for killers. Literally nothing.

    I think this is the point where I'm meant to say I actually play survivor more and then put forward another argument but honestly who cares at this point. The side you like is full of decent people and the side you don't are entitled brats who are slowly killing the game, you cracked the code gg wp

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    Why is this a big deal? The killer has the advantage of info going into the match, whereas survivors have none.

    Because nothing is enough for killers?

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    LOL

    Survivors just shouldn't be allowed to bring in anything ever. Would that make you happy?

    survivor main moment

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443105#Comment_2443105

    Are you like purposely ignoring the point and gaslighting?

    Why is it so unreasonable to request a simple no quick change at the last second before the match starts?

    Because killers already have a huge advantage. They can see survivors, items, and adjust. Why do they need even more help?

  • Yes, I am a survivor main. How much more help do killers need?

  • I see quick switch to bring something rarely. People are spending bloodpoints which is tedious and don't want their queue time to be upped just because they need to spend. If I had to guess its more likely more people run the wrong character because they're spending than someone bringing a key in. Killers should be able to spend on their other characters while they are waiting as well. Its not hard to just have the game force the killer to play the one they queue'd as originally while letting them spend on others.


    @twistedmonkey That doesn't acknowledge the fact their challenge system is terrible as well and a lot of people leaving are having to do it because they can't set challenges in lobby.

  • @GenJockeyNance said:

    "How can I adjust my build?" That's the neat part, you don't / can't.

    They probably do it so you can't slap on Franklin's in time or Lightborn. This is why I always have my eyes peeled to the survivors hands when the 6 second mark rolls around. If I see a last second swap? Usually followed with a Strode key offering, I'm gonna make you waste it by dc'ing before the game begins aka the load in screen, not actual dc'ing but you get it. I'm getting too old to deal with the last second BS. I like the choice to be presented to me. If there's two keys, at least I have the choice if I want to play versus that. The last second swaps completely strips that away and I can't stand it.

    But if it is about choice, why is it fair that you can decide to go against keys or not, but survivors are not allowed to choose to not go against certain killers or perks or addons?

    There is a disparity, that doesnt seem fair to me.

    So maybe its just about preparation, not choice? And you just misuse the system for your advantage.

  • To survivors who do this and/or defend this behavior:

    Just stop. Play the game normally, stop trying to exploit everything to your advantage.


    This is why survivors are seen as toxic and why we can't have nice things. We can't have a way to punish killers for camping because survivors abused it. We can't have trials where killers aren't automatically pissed off because of last-second switching, teabagging, and so on (and some people even trying to justify/excuse it). Soon, I'd wager we won't be able to change items in the lobby because of this last-second switching BS. How much more do you want to shoot yourselves in the foot, to the detriment of all survivors?

    Now cue people using whataboutism to distract from the point.

  • @Orion said:

    To survivors who do this and/or defend this behavior:

    Just stop. Play the game normally, stop trying to exploit everything to your advantage.

    This is why survivors are seen as toxic and why we can't have nice things. We can't have a way to punish killers for camping because survivors abused it. We can't have trials where killers aren't automatically pissed off because of last-second switching, teabagging, and so on (and some people even trying to justify/excuse it).

    Now cue people using whataboutism to distract from the point.

    No exploitations going on here, just utilizing something that’s been in the game since release. Again, DbD mobile has both sides locked with no chance of editing anything once a lobby is formed. It’s basically queue and play in five seconds once matchmaking is complete. That’s all the killer and survivors get, five seconds to see the items equipped. No changing anything on either side.

    If it’s such a core mechanic of DbD’s gameplay, why was it totally removed from the mobile version? I know it’s different devs, but that is a drastic difference that I think is noteworthy.

    This game allows - and I would dare to say, encourages - “toxic” gameplay, for both sides. This isn’t a survivor thing only.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445010#Comment_2445010

    No exploitations going on here, just utilizing something that’s been in the game since release. Again, DbD mobile has both sides locked with no chance of editing anything once a lobby is formed. It’s basically queue and play in five seconds once matchmaking is complete. That’s all the killer and survivors get, five seconds to see the items equipped. No changing anything on either side.

    If it’s such a core mechanic of DbD’s gameplay, why was it totally removed from the mobile version? I know it’s different devs, but that is a drastic difference that I think is noteworthy.

    This game allows - and I would dare to say, encourages - “toxic” gameplay, for both sides. This isn’t a survivor thing only.

    DbD mobile is a different game, with different mechanics, a different dev team, and so on. What they do is not relevant to the DbD we're talking about.

    This game allows - and I would dare to say, encourages - “toxic” gameplay, for both sides. This isn’t a survivor thing only.

    Look, right on cue, just like I said:

    Now cue people using whataboutism to distract from the point.

    Yes, I know killers can be toxic too, but I'm talking about survivors, not killers, and DbD, not DbD mobile. Let's stay on-topic.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444941#Comment_2444941

    Yes, I am a survivor main. How much more help do killers need?

    Okay now let me ask you something, which was your highest rank on killer ever? And please don't tell me red ranks which I wouldn't believe after finding you admitting to not playing hardly any killer in this thread:

    @Dwigtht said:

    Many killers have some additional items in the game which are interactable by survivors. Plague has fountains, Nemesis -- zombies, Demogorgon -- portals, Pinhead -- the box.

    Billy has none. 

    I would suggest gasoline canisters which (gasoline or canister? ) can be spoiled by survivors. "Out of Gas" mechanic would complement the overheat mechanic.

    Btw one of the only times i didn't see you posting hard anti killer stuff.

    And if your answer is never higher than greens, then I would advice you to play at least up to purple ranks to see how hard it can be to not tryhard as killer and still trying to have any fun in this game, given how also survivor CAN behave.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443251#Comment_2443251

    But if it is about choice, why is it fair that you can decide to go against keys or not, but survivors are not allowed to choose to not go against certain killers or perks or addons?

    There is a disparity, that doesnt seem fair to me.

    So maybe its just about preparation, not choice? And you just misuse the system for your advantage.

    Survivors were never meant to see the killer or their perks? Killer can't see survivor perks. All they see is a character and some items. How does a killer know they're about to face a sabo squad? They don't. They can see a toolbox and assume there's a bnp in there or add ons for sabo but they only see a toolbox. But sabo squads are completely out of a killers control - especially if they bring saboteur but that's not what this discussion is about so I digress.

    I haven't played this game since 2016 but I imagine that's what was intended. The killer can see the "prey" to know who they're hunting and survivors logically don't know who the hunter is whilst they're the prey and that was supposed to be the horror part of the game. Obviously this has changed a great deal since then. The game is no longer hide and seek and more calling each other morons because they can't loop for longer than 30 seconds.

    If it is about prep and not choice then how can a killer prep in time if a survivor last second swaps at the 6 second mark? Realistically, how they can prep as soon as 6 seconds hits but survivors literally have all the time in the world? Survivor items can really change and alter the game and I think that flies over people's heads quite frequently. If there's 4 flashlights and you don't face the wall perfectly, a survivor can potentially blind you from an unknown angle. So much of these flashlight saves cost the killer the game. This has never happened to me but I do know sometimes it can be so bad you barely get any hooks because a survivor goes down out in the open. This usually leads to killer playing like an ######### then survivors in post game chat are toxic because you played like an ######### because they decided to last second switch to 4 flashlights. Now if the killer had time to prep, he could've put on Franklin's or Lightborn so survivors would get to have the items they want into play and killer can just go on about the match trying to play it as normally as possible. Survivors don't aim to give the killer a good time when they last second swap, it's basically signaling to the killer, "######### you, we're gonna bring what we want and make sure there's nothing you can do about it so we don't have to worry about Franklin's or Lightborn ruining our plays or bully attempts." At least to me, that is the message that comes with last second swapping.

    These last second switches only breed toxicity.

  • don´t get me wrong, the last second switch shouldnt be possible.

    I just dont think the lobby is for the killer to decide if he dodges it or not.

    But your 4 flashlight-example is exactly that. sure, the killer dosnt know the perk the survivors have, but he can still prepare for 4 flashlights, or for map and key.

    That he cant exactly identify a sabo squad means nothing for the argument, imho.

  • The mindgames start as soon as you're in a lobby.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443117#Comment_2443117

    I don't think it's a valid complaint at all, so sure, I guess I'm a dick.

    Killers can see what survivors bring into the game ahead of time, but survivors shouldn't be allowed to switch their items? Are you actually kidding me? Do you want the devs to just hold your hands? Load into the game and just have evert survivor die? Not everything is about screwing killers over, even though you all seem to think it is.

    Again, your being needlessly agressive. I, nor the OP, never said survivors shouldn't be allowed to switch at all. Only that they shouldn't be allowed to switch at the very last second. You seem to think that any sort of complaint towards Survivor is somebody who just wants everything handed to them.

    Nobody said that. At least, not that I have read. You're just pointing fingers at anyone who disagrees with you and calling them bad. People are allowed to complain about this just as much as they are about something like camping.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444372#Comment_2444372

    Keys are unbalanced to you maybe and others, but I think they're just fine. Requires X amount of survivors to be dead and/or generators to be done, can only result in a four-man escape if all five generators are already repaired. Have to know where the hatch is, be there with the key, and if others are coming, have them all there too.

    You have the new Franklin's Demise to completely remove keys from the match as well. So what is the problem here? Not getting a 4k every match?

    While I agree keys should be fixed sooner rather than later, I have to agree with that last sentiment. I often get the impression that the killers on this forum think they deserve a 4k every game, or there's something inherently wrong with the game balance.

    @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444382#Comment_2444382

    about 90% of lobbies I see keys there's also a hatch offering. That puts a lot more pressure on killers especially if they're a SWF.

    With the hatch offering, you know where(likely) the hatch will be, though. AND you see its aura when available. If you haven't already killed anyone and you suspect there's a play for hatch afoot, you can stand by it and deny most of them the opportunity.

    @Ludicris said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LV2TQD63D4SV/image.png

    Wanna see proof of survivor sided? These upvotes. It's common sense to want balance in the game. Killer can't switch Killers last second, why should the Survivors be able to. Why should the Survivor be allowed to switch to a key last second, but the Killer have no time to put on Franklins? Why should survivors be allowed to switch to a perfect item layout, but Killer doesn't have time to switch to a sweaty build?

    Exactly. Common sense. They shouldn't. It's only fair that survivors have locked characters upon searching for a match as well.

    This forum is a horrible survey pool, you shouldn't take updoots on the forums with any grain of serious opinion. At best this is a very biased poll of people who can sometimes get around theor biases. But more often than not it's a bunch of kids whinging about what's fair and unfair in a video game designed around taking advantage of various circumstances.

  • @Terra92 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444382#Comment_2444382

    While I agree keys should be fixed sooner rather than later, I have to agree with that last sentiment. I often get the impression that the killers on this forum think they deserve a 4k every game, or there's something inherently wrong with the game balance.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444451#Comment_2444451

    With the hatch offering, you know where(likely) the hatch will be, though. AND you see its aura when available. If you haven't already killed anyone and you suspect there's a play for hatch afoot, you can stand by it and deny most of them the opportunity.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444497#Comment_2444497

    This forum is a horrible survey pool, you shouldn't take updoots on the forums with any grain of serious opinion. At best this is a very biased poll of people who can sometimes get around theor biases. But more often than not it's a bunch of kids whinging about what's fair and unfair in a video game designed around taking advantage of various circumstances.

    I’m not gonna try to defend hatch so that survivors can do gens.

  • Wasn't the reason cause killers have different mmr, for each individual killer, while survivors are all the same so it doesn't really matter.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443341#Comment_2443341

    Because killers already have a huge advantage. They can see survivors, items, and adjust. Why do they need even more help?


    "adjust"

    because we CAN'T adjust at the last ######### second when they quick switch.

  • @DaWeezerd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/274596/5-years-and-survivors-can-still-quick-switch

    I propose they have to choose their items in the pre-lobby and can’t switch in the pre-game lobby


    Yes but for both sides, killer and survivor then it would be fair.

  • @Grimzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443442#Comment_2443442

    Yes but for both sides, killer and survivor then it would be fair.

    Killers don't have items to equip. The killer equivalent is their power, which they already can't switch in the lobby (or even while searching for a trial).

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445446#Comment_2445446

    Killers don't have items to equip. The killer equivalent is their power, which they already can't switch in the lobby (or even while searching for a trial).

    Lockout should include both items and perks. You set up your build pre-queue, then once you are in the lobby, regardless if survivor or killer, you play with that build.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443251#Comment_2443251

    But if it is about choice, why is it fair that you can decide to go against keys or not, but survivors are not allowed to choose to not go against certain killers or perks or addons?

    There is a disparity, that doesnt seem fair to me.

    So maybe its just about preparation, not choice? And you just misuse the system for your advantage.

    There is a HUGE difference between the survivors knowing who the killer is and killers knowing what items survivors are bringing. (let's forget the fact it's a horror trope for the killer to stalk and prepare for their next victims while the victims themselves are clueless and unaware of the danger ahead)


    In fact this was actually abused years ago by survivors before.




    Survivors: wow trapper is the killer, let's all put on small game, dead hard and maps.

    Survivors: ghost face is the killer make sure we all put on spine chill.

    Survivors: wraith is the killer, everyone take out your flashlights and equip blast mine or flash bang and spine chill

    Survivors: blight is the killer, everyone use an indoor map offering.

    Killer: K I see 4 med-kits I'll put on sloppy butcher I guess?



    Yeah okay, that's totally fair and balanced if survivors knew who the killer was. Maybe if SWF didn't exist it would be fair but SWF totally exists and if they had this kind of advantage it would destroy this game and any killer who would be willing to play again.

  • still not trying to argue how your points don't make any sense.

  • @Grimzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445449#Comment_2445449

    Lockout should include both items and perks. You set up your build pre-queue, then once you are in the lobby, regardless if survivor or killer, you play with that build.

    Then you'll just see more killers dodging because nobody's going to equip a perk like Franklin's Demise unless they know survivors are going to bring in items.

    Survivors just need to be locked before the 5-second mark. Giving the killer 30 seconds or so to prepare is more than enough and isn't a big deal.

  • I don't think survivor mains realize how they'd completely destroy the balance of this game if they could see who the killer is before the game starts.


    No one would attempt to play killer again.


    Do you honestly realize survivor mains how much buffs killers would need to have in order to compensate you knowing who the next killer is before the match starts? This is not something you want. I'm not talking about spirit level buff, they'd have to be buffed BEYOND spirit's potential.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445451#Comment_2445451

    Then you'll just see more killers dodging because nobody's going to equip a perk like Franklin's Demise unless they know survivors are going to bring in items.

    Survivors just need to be locked before the 5-second mark. Giving the killer 30 seconds or so to prepare is more than enough and isn't a big deal.

    I think the contrary, it is a big deal. Killer adjusting his perks has a huge impact on the game. Either let both sides be able to switch / adjust but add a timer limit, like for example after you switch once you cant swap items for another 5 seconds and let it increase with each swap, similar to matchmake penalty, or lock both sides out.

    Killers already get advantages. Make it fair for both sides and equal.

  • @Grimzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445457#Comment_2445457

    I think the contrary, it is a big deal. Killer adjusting his perks has a huge impact on the game. Either let both sides be able to switch / adjust but add a timer limit, like for example after you switch once you cant swap items for another 5 seconds and let it increase with each swap, similar to matchmake penalty, or lock both sides out.

    Killers already get advantages. Make it fair for both sides and equal.

    Killers and survivors aren't equal, though. There are four survivors and one killer. That's why killers get powers, time to adjust their loadout, and so on, while survivors don't get to know who the killer is.

    Victims don't stalk their killer. Start to think of this in slasher terms and you'll understand why survivors and killers get different benefits.

  • @1miko said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444495#Comment_2444495

    thats quite cringe. still not trying to argue how your points don't make any sense. i guess thats a nice bait, little peep. 😋

    @1miko

    Yeah it is cringe when people cry over quick switching.

    Something that is allowed and well within the game’s rules.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445456#Comment_2445456

    @1miko

    Yeah it is cringe when people cry over quick switching.

    Something that is allowed and well within the game’s rules.

    Because killers have right to complain when they can’t adjust their build. Survivors who last second switch to a key deserve to get tunneled to death.

  • I could foresee a lot more survivor dc’s because they get a killer they don’t have perks for if they changed it. However I totally agree something has to be done about these last 6-10 second switches.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2445558#Comment_2445558

    Because killers have right to complain when they can’t adjust their build. Survivors who last second switch to a key deserve to get tunneled to death.

    @Nathan13

    Deserve to get tunneled to death? Do you know how many survivors get tunneled to death in this game without a key in play?

    Stop acting like quick switching is game breaking.

1 2 3