5 years and survivors can still quick switch?

What is the reason?

How can i adjust my build, like bringing Franklins against 4 items, bringing a hook offering against potential sabo toolboxes, Lightborn against multiple flashlights or unequip my hex perk when 1 brings a map, if survs are able to equip or change their item last second?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I think it'd be reasonable to lock survivor loadouts at twenty seconds left, and allow the killer to make changes up to five seconds left.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    LOL

    Survivors just shouldn't be allowed to bring in anything ever. Would that make you happy?


    No I thnk OP would be happy if survivors weren't scummy and picked a key on the last 5 seconds so the killer doesn't see it, then hide it and while you're playing normally and have fun you still have people escape over a magic overpowered item that gives a free win with a simple left click.

    But I understand anything that makes survivors work for a win makes them unhappy, and an unhappy survivor is an unhappy dev.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    LOL

    Survivors just shouldn't be allowed to bring in anything ever. Would that make you happy?

    That isn't what they said at all though? I'm pretty sure the lobby was designed so the killer could prepare. So yeah, it feels pretty unfair when they switch at the last second giving you no time to prepare.

    They have a pretty valid complaint.

  • Well sometimes I'm just spending points and going back to my main survivor at last second, but you are not wrong, they should lock survivors builds at 15s left when u can lo longer Press ready because a last second key and map is infuriating for my point of view

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    LOL

    Survivors just shouldn't be allowed to bring in anything ever. Would that make you happy?

    They just asked to have time to prepare themselve if there is X items in the lobby.

    Killers just souldn't be allowed to counter Survivors' strategies. Would that make you happy?

  • Lock them at 15s left. Problem solved

  • But the game is killer sided /s

  • @KateDunson said:

    Well sometimes I'm just spending points and going back to my main survivor at last second, but you are not wrong, they should lock survivors builds at 15s left when u can lo longer Press ready because a last second key and map is infuriating for my point of view

    That's a point i heard before, i do this aswell. The difference is, i don't bring items on any char anyway.

    But if you quick switch from a surv holding no items to a surv with an item, most killers will call "bad" intensions.

  • Why is this a big deal? The killer has the advantage of info going into the match, whereas survivors have none.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    Why is this a big deal? The killer has the advantage of info going into the match, whereas survivors have none.

    because the game lobby was designed with the idea that the killer can prepare.

  • You basically mentioned the reason. To prevent the killer to equip Franklin's, Lightborn, Offerings, etc.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443276#Comment_2443276

    because the game lobby was designed with the idea that the killer can prepare.

    Okay, but how often are killers going to be able to prepare accordingly? At least for me, I very rarely see people changing items last second, although I play solo so maybe it’s a SWF thing.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443284#Comment_2443284

    Okay, but how often are killers going to be able to prepare accordingly? At least for me, I very rarely see people changing items last second, although I play solo so maybe it’s a SWF thing.

    Like 85% of the time swfs do it but I was just in a game with my swf with a random and they last second switched to a key. Oof. I've seen many randos do it. Still annoying to see it even as survivor. Been screwed from those keys one too many times. So I hate it as both killer and survivor.

  • @GenJockeyNance said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443306#Comment_2443306

    Like 85% of the time swfs do it but I was just in a game with my swf with a random and they last second switched to a key. Oof. I've seen many randos do it. Still annoying to see it even as survivor. Been screwed from those keys one too many times. So I hate it as both killer and survivor.

    Yeah, I can see that. I can’t survive without a medkit, because solos are unreliable for healing, so I never care about hiding the item I’m using.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    LOL

    Survivors just shouldn't be allowed to bring in anything ever. Would that make you happy?

    Are you like purposely ignoring the point and gaslighting?


    Why is it so unreasonable to request a simple no quick change at the last second before the match starts?

  • You can close the game down before the match starts, if people cant be honest with what they're bringing dont feel bad for it.

    If they swap last second, you can back out last second. Fairs fair right?

  • What's worse is the game won't even let me back out of the ######### lobby when they last second key switch


    that's so stupid

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    You can close the game down before the match starts, if people cant be honest with what they're bringing dont feel bad for it.

    If they swap last second, you can back out last second. Fairs fair right?

    you can't back out at the last second the game won't let you.

  • @Bullettimegod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443105#Comment_2443105

    This is why we need a dislike button on the forums devs.

    This. This place is not enough of a circle jerk already, people also need to be bullied and harrassed! Everyone knows the most successful and charming place is reddit!

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443350#Comment_2443350

    you can't back out at the last second the game won't let you.

    You can just close the game down, wont receive a dc penalty either.

    Takes me 20seconds to restart and I'll do that over a last second key switch as either side

  • This needs a lobby fix for both sides before they can remove last second switching.

    This was never a thing until killers started dodging lobbies due to items. This can't be removed without fixing the dodging issue as each side should be able to play the game as it was intended with everything at the game offers.

    The only fair way i can see to fix it its to have time locks for both sides.

    Lock both sides into the lobby at 40s so they can't leave without a penalty to rematch.

    Survivor loadouts get locked in at 20s so the killer has that time to set up before it starts.

  • We could always switch to how it is in DbD mobile lobbies? Everyone comes in and the match starts in five seconds - period. If you want to prepare for item-counters as a killer, equip your perk(s) and offerings beforehand. You have plenty of options.

  • @Katzengott said:

    What is the reason?

    How can i adjust my build, like bringing Franklins against 4 items, bringing a hook offering against potential sabo toolboxes, Lightborn against multiple flashlights or unequip my hex perk when 1 brings a map, if survs are able to equip or change their item last second?

    I propose they have to choose their items in the pre-lobby and can’t switch in the pre-game lobby

  • Of all things to complain about imagine it being this one.

  • By all means, it'd be fair.

    If you can't go through the bloodweb before you click 'ready' then you're doing something wrong.

    items and perks should be set before entering a lobby. Or are you scared of not curbstomping the killer?

  • There’s times I ‘quick switch’ as survivor because I’m unloading bloodpoints before a match. It is not always an evil plan.

    Besides, as killer I don’t really care what the survivors bring to a match.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    There’s times I ‘quick switch’ as survivor because I’m unloading bloodpoints before a match. It is not always an evil plan.

    Besides, as killer I don’t really care what the survivors bring to a match.

    I don't care either, does that mean someone else is wrong for caring?

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443355#Comment_2443355

    You can just close the game down, wont receive a dc penalty either.

    Takes me 20seconds to restart and I'll do that over a last second key switch as either side

    ah yes I should completely shut my game down and then spend another 2-3 minutes restarting the game back up again because swf decided to switch to a key at the last second and I couldn't do anything about it.


    yeah that's fair and reasonable

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Of all things to complain about imagine it being this one.

    It's a 100% valid complaint

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    This needs a lobby fix for both sides before they can remove last second switching.

    This was never a thing until killers started dodging lobbies due to items. This can't be removed without fixing the dodging issue as each side should be able to play the game as it was intended with everything at the game offers.

    The only fair way i can see to fix it its to have time locks for both sides.

    Lock both sides into the lobby at 40s so they can't leave without a penalty to rematch.

    Survivor loadouts get locked in at 20s so the killer has that time to set up before it starts.

    killers only leaving the lobby in the first place because keys are absolutely broken and OP


    fix how broken keys are and then killers won't have an actual reason to dodge the lobby.


    switching to a key at last second so the killer can't respond is absolutely no fair and now forcing the killer to being unable to back out OR switch to franklins is even more unfair


    I agree survivor needs their loadout locked earlier than killer though. That's a healthier change.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443458#Comment_2443458

    I don't care either, does that mean someone else is wrong for caring?

    Yes, if it’s anxiety that doesn’t necessarily help.

  • @Lord_Tony

    Why? Because some don’t like it?

    I’ll complain about it, when the game allows us to see who the killer is we’re facing, so we can properly prepare too.

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443386#Comment_2443386

    ah yes I should completely shut my game down and then spend another 2-3 minutes restarting the game back up again because swf decided to switch to a key at the last second and I couldn't do anything about it.

    yeah that's fair and reasonable

    Well takes me like 20seconds so, beats a swf key game.

    @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443633#Comment_2443633

    @Lord_Tony

    Why? Because some don’t like it?

    I’ll complain about it, when the game allows us to see who the killer is we’re facing, so we can properly prepare too.

    Oh because hard countering killers seems like a fair thing to do. No. If keys wasnt broken it wouldn't be an issue would it. Even the devs have said the killers are meant to adjust their build to what they see bot the other way around.

    When keys get the nerf like the moris it wont be an issue.

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    You basically mentioned the reason. To prevent the killer to equip Franklin's, Lightborn, Offerings, etc.

    But the those perks get their use when there are items. You are not gonna bring franklins without items. Killers should be able prepare for items

  • how are killers suppose to prepare when they ######### switch to a key at the last second?


    you do it because you know killers back out when they see a key because you know keys are BROKEN

  • @Lord_Tony said:

    What's worse is the game won't even let me back out of the ######### lobby when they last second key switch

    that's so stupid

    I thought killers could at one point. Am I right?

  • You're not entilted at all.

  • I'm only okay with survivors last second switching to any item except flashlights or keys. If I don't have light born or Franklins than I expect to have a rough match. It would be nice if the devs allowed killers to lobby dodge after the 5 second mark.

  • @Katzengott said:

    What is the reason?

    How can i adjust my build, like bringing Franklins against 4 items, bringing a hook offering against potential sabo toolboxes, Lightborn against multiple flashlights or unequip my hex perk when 1 brings a map, if survs are able to equip or change their item last second?

    I think items and add ons for both killers and survivors should be locked once they find a lobby. Same with perks. That or just don't let us see the items they bring in...

    Either way I agree though it's annoying they can just switch right up until end.

  • I agree its a bit scummy changing last minute but I don't think the devs could implement soemthing so survivors can't change items in lobby.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443630#Comment_2443630

    Well takes me like 20seconds so, beats a swf key game.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443869#Comment_2443869

    Oh because hard countering killers seems like a fair thing to do. No. If keys wasnt broken it wouldn't be an issue would it. Even the devs have said the killers are meant to adjust their build to what they see bot the other way around.

    When keys get the nerf like the moris it wont be an issue.

    @EntitySpawn

    Because everyone who quick-switches brings a key. 🙄

    I've never heard or read a dev saying that, and I don't usually take someone's word for it. Matter of fact, I do not care because my stance is still the same. If you cry about quick-switching (something which is allowed) then we should do the same about allowing us to see who the killer we're facing is. End of story.

  • @Firellius said:

    I think it'd be reasonable to lock survivor loadouts at twenty seconds left, and allow the killer to make changes up to five seconds left.

    I think its hilarious that the killer cant change his killer while the survivor can change his survivor

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443598#Comment_2443598

    Yes, if it’s anxiety that doesn’t necessarily help.

    so if someone has a different opinion than you about what they should care about, they are wrong and possibly having anxiety issues?

    totally a healthy mentality to have...

  • @Katzengott said:

    What is the reason?

    How can i adjust my build, like bringing Franklins against 4 items, bringing a hook offering against potential sabo toolboxes, Lightborn against multiple flashlights or unequip my hex perk when 1 brings a map, if survs are able to equip or change their item last second?

    Because bringing keys into the game would become impossible unless playing against unaware players/complete psychotryhards and that wouldn't benefit survivors, so it's not a needed change.

    Best solution to this would be locking survivor builds past 30s mark so you can decide on getting different perks depending on what items survivors are carrying, but I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon, if at all.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444128#Comment_2444128

    @EntitySpawn

    Because everyone who quick-switches brings a key. 🙄

    I've never heard or read a dev saying that, and I don't usually take someone's word for it. Matter of fact, I do not care because my stance is still the same. If you cry about quick-switching (something which is allowed) then we should do the same about allowing us to see who the killer we're facing is. End of story.

    Well I dont care about anything but a key. Keys arent balanced. It's a 4v1. And it was talked about on a stream that the lobby is there to allow the killer to adjust/change depending on the lobby.

    The fact you think telling survivors it's a stealth killer before the game starts is fair or even balanced says enough.

    Lobby is there for the killer to adjust.

    Keys are unbalanced.

    We're still waiting on that key nerf.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444354#Comment_2444354

    Well I dont care about anything but a key. Keys arent balanced. It's a 4v1. And it was talked about on a stream that the lobby is there to allow the killer to adjust/change depending on the lobby.

    The fact you think telling survivors it's a stealth killer before the game starts is fair or even balanced says enough.

    Lobby is there for the killer to adjust.

    Keys are unbalanced.

    We're still waiting on that key nerf.

    Keys are unbalanced to you maybe and others, but I think they're just fine. Requires X amount of survivors to be dead and/or generators to be done, can only result in a four-man escape if all five generators are already repaired. Have to know where the hatch is, be there with the key, and if others are coming, have them all there too.

    You have the new Franklin's Demise to completely remove keys from the match as well. So what is the problem here? Not getting a 4k every match?

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443633#Comment_2443633

    @Lord_Tony

    Why? Because some don’t like it?

    I’ll complain about it, when the game allows us to see who the killer is we’re facing, so we can properly prepare too.

    @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444128#Comment_2444128

    @EntitySpawn

    Because everyone who quick-switches brings a key. 🙄

    I've never heard or read a dev saying that, and I don't usually take someone's word for it. Matter of fact, I do not care because my stance is still the same. If you cry about quick-switching (something which is allowed) then we should do the same about allowing us to see who the killer we're facing is. End of story.

    You're comparing here seeing what item, not the addons, not the perks, just the item the survivor is bringing (which would only help decide on how viable would bringing this or that perk would be) to know what killer you are facing, knowing what power you're gonna be playing all against, most of them having direct counters to them (e.g. 4 spine chill, flashbang/flashlight against wraith, 4 iron wills+fixated against Spirit, Calm Spirit against Doctor, etc).

    I don't really think that's a fair point to make, buddy. You should at least try and make a tiny bit of sense. 😕 End of story.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2444372#Comment_2444372

    Keys are unbalanced to you maybe and others, but I think they're just fine. Requires X amount of survivors to be dead and/or generators to be done, can only result in a four-man escape if all five generators are already repaired. Have to know where the hatch is, be there with the key, and if others are coming, have them all there too.

    You have the new Franklin's Demise to completely remove keys from the match as well. So what is the problem here? Not getting a 4k every match?

    about 90% of lobbies I see keys there's also a hatch offering. That puts a lot more pressure on killers especially if they're a SWF.

  • image.png

    Wanna see proof of survivor sided? These upvotes. It's common sense to want balance in the game. Killer can't switch Killers last second, why should the Survivors be able to. Why should the Survivor be allowed to switch to a key last second, but the Killer have no time to put on Franklins? Why should survivors be allowed to switch to a perfect item layout, but Killer doesn't have time to switch to a sweaty build?

    Exactly. Common sense. They shouldn't. It's only fair that survivors have locked characters upon searching for a match as well.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2443105#Comment_2443105

    Pointless and aggressive hyperbole that adds nothing to the discussion

    We need more of you in this forum

‹ 1 2 3