Never thought I'd say this but if they don't fix wraith I'm done

He's the go to killer for no-skill scrubs right now.

Comments

  • Agreed. Invis, huge mov. speed, huge mov. speed after decloaking and no sound/aura addons is just beyond unfair and broken.


    Not to mention, hook camping from a short distance while invis.

  • Well, I guess you're done.

  • Some of his add ons can be strong but he is still not good enough for competent swf I think.

    But I am the person who finds spirit fine (strong but fine) too so you shouldn't listen to me since most people disagree on that one.

  • Yeah, I think he needs some tweaks. I hate going against him.

  • The wall hack add-on is the only thing that needs to go.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    Yeah, I think he needs some tweaks. I hate going against him.

    I think he needs a rework in my opinion. I've never liked using him but vs him now is insane. Myers and ghostface are meant to be the jump scare gods not wraith.

  • @Shaped said:

    Some of his add ons can be strong but he is still not good enough for competent swf I think.

    But I am the person who finds spirit fine (strong but fine) too so you shouldn't listen to me since most people disagree on that one.

    Shocking as it may seem I agree with you. I think the issue people have is they don’t know how to play against him. That’s one of the most unique things about DBD in my opinion is that you have to switch up your play style depending on what killer it is and I think a lot of people can’t grasp that. They have one one of doing things and think something is unfair and not willing to learn what to do to actually stand a chance against Wraith.

  • Don't quit just Alt-tab, take a piss, watch some memes and, check back in few.

  • @stikyard said:

    Don't quit just Alt-tab, take a piss, watch some memes and, check back in few.

    If only we could Alt-tab on console.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    The wall hack add-on is the only thing that needs to go.

    And silent bell

  • @stikyard said:

    Don't quit just Alt-tab, take a piss, watch some memes and, check back in few.

    Ah yes, the classic Entitled Survivor power move; throw the match if the Killer does not personally PM every Survivor in the lobby and ask who dislikes which Killer, so they can avoid playing those Killers.

    Are we supposed to keep notes of every Survivor's screennames so we can ensure we never play a Killer each Survivor hates?

    Either man up and accept that the Killer can pick whoever they want, or stop playing. This 'I AFK/hook-suicide/throw if I get a Killer I can't mindlessly loop 🤪' entitled baby mindset is getting really old.

  • Silent bell is fine and hard countered by Spine Chill. Wraith is also very loud when it comes to his stealth, his foot steps and snarling are easy to hear. I run Spine Chill at all times and if I head to a loop or pallet the moment it lights up, I can usually avoid getting hit unawares.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    The wall hack add-on is the only thing that needs to go.

    Agree. That’s the only problematic thing in his entire kit. Everything else is fair/fine.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    The wall hack add-on is the only thing that needs to go.

    I don't think it's just the wallhacks. The silent bell is super powerful, and I'd argue purple WIndstorm is still pretty strong. Moving at a constant 6.5 m/s is crazy good.

  • Just eliminate All-Seeing blood and we’re good

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418421#Comment_2418421

    Agree. That’s the only problematic thing in his entire kit. Everything else is fair/fine.

    Agreed, I think the rest of his kit is perfect, but I think the Aura Reading could used some adjustments. Mixing it with Silent Bell was meh before since it wasn't great to face, but Wraith was slower, but with his new speed it does get kinda insane.

    To be fair though, I've also just always have been weird with the Aura-Seeing add-ons in general, as a lot of them either seem strong or absolutely useless, with the only middle-ground being the memes that are Amanda's Letter and Scratched Mirror Myers. At least those two feel like they're meant to be weird or funny.

  • People... people actually complain about Wraith, the ######### Wraith, a basic M1 killer.

    (I'm not saying there isn't anything wrong with him, All-Seeing Blood is braindead.)

  • @Shaped said:

    Some of his add ons can be strong but he is still not good enough for competent swf I think.

    But I am the person who finds spirit fine (strong but fine) too so you shouldn't listen to me since most people disagree on that one.

    I clap 4ks as wraith all the time. I feel myself to opressive, especially with certain addons and perks. The amount of 4k with less than 2 gens done is insanely high on my wraith. And he isnt even hard to play. Even my nurse I mained since release is still harder to play

  • @Shaped said:

    Some of his add ons can be strong but he is still not good enough for competent swf I think.

    But I am the person who finds spirit fine (strong but fine) too so you shouldn't listen to me since most people disagree on that one.

    I can agree with this. I can definitely see where Wraith would still struggle against a good 4 man, especially if they all ran good meta builds on a Survivor-sided Map. He's definitely no Nurse or Spirit.

    I think it's just another part of the split between balancing between hard SWFs like that or more casual/solo players, which is why conversations like this crop up, since add-ons like All-Seeing Blood (I think that's the aura reading?) mixed with Silent Bell can be nasty to verse as anything outside those 4mans, and the rift between them and solos or duos is pretty insane. (Even 3 mans get this as well depending on their rando.)

  • He is still super easy to face as survivor, especially since I usually rotate spinechill with my builds, even without it though I always seem to do very well against wraiths since they aren't super strong

  • Oh ffs. Spirit exists and you all dedicate your energy to shrieking over some killer who got buffed from bad to not too bad. No wonder she's been allowed to exist in her current state for years when you can't decide whether pig or clown is the OP killer of the week

  • Technically you can just dashboard and go to home the game will stay open

  • A few addons need a nerf like all seeing but other then that he's perfectly fine sure he has a fairly high skill floor but i've seen plenty of bad wraiths who definitely see him as an easy win and get stomped because of it, then probably blame some other sh*t for it.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418511#Comment_2418511

    Ah yes, the classic Entitled Survivor power move; throw the match if the Killer does not personally PM every Survivor in the lobby and ask who dislikes which Killer, so they can avoid playing those Killers.

    Are we supposed to keep notes of every Survivor's screennames so we can ensure we never play a Killer each Survivor hates?

    Either man up and accept that the Killer can pick whoever they want, or stop playing. This 'I AFK/hook-suicide/throw if I get a Killer I can't mindlessly loop 🤪' entitled baby mindset is getting really old.

    You're right. I should play out my four slow downs Twins game who slugs at 5 gens, instead of just going next & watching YT.

  • Spine Chill + Flashlight.

    I do agree that purple All Seeing is a bit too strong though.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    The wall hack add-on is the only thing that needs to go.

    At the same time its a very rare addon they need to be strong if they are not we have a scenario were buying them is worthless like demo and freddy got

  • If he's bugged, you should write bug reports.

  • Nah Wraith is fine. But the "ALL SEEING" add-on needs to go.

  • @Shaped said:

    Some of his add ons can be strong but he is still not good enough for competent swf I think.

    But I am the person who finds spirit fine (strong but fine) too so you shouldn't listen to me since most people disagree on that one.

    why does he need to be super good to the point he matches swf? we know swf is broken when 4 good players match up. so why make games horrible to play for like 99 percent of the playerbase because of the 1 percent of good players? of which its even less if your talking about them de pip commando discord sweat swfs.

  • @bluedusef said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418390#Comment_2418390

    why does he need to be super good to the point he matches swf? we know swf is broken when 4 good players match up. so why make games horrible to play for like 99 percent of the playerbase because of the 1 percent of good players? of which its even less if your talking about them de pip commando discord sweat swfs.

    But SWF are not just 1% of the playerbase. The amount of SWF players is actually so high, that it affects queue times.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    The wall hack add-on is the only thing that needs to go.

    Silent bell too. It's not much different than the old prayer beads.

  • Not every killer needs to someone you commit 500 hours to master. It's nice to have a few stronger killers that you can pick up anytime.

    It's the one reason I like Freddy. Someone that I can play if I need to get challenges done. Wraith is in the same boat. Spirit I don't like though because I feel she lacks proper counter, unlike the other 2.

  • All seeing blood and silent bell need to go, then he’s ok.

  • @Shaped said:

    Some of his add ons can be strong but he is still not good enough for competent swf I think.

    But I am the person who finds spirit fine (strong but fine) too so you shouldn't listen to me since most people disagree on that one.

    He's plenty good enough to face SWF. He's not good enough to face pro-SWF teams, just like every other killer. However, he would definitely be in the top 5 killers.

    Nurse -> Spirit -> Blight -> (Wraith / Billy)

  • He's still an M1 killer. Just be aware of your surroundings. He doesn't have true invisibility at closer ranges, so you can still spot him. Loop him like any other killer.

  • Agreed, but it's not a Wraith problem. It's the exact same playstyle as pre-nerf Freddy: stack slowdowns, hit and run, completely rely on a lack of communication/positioning. You don't have to actually win a chase as killer. Let the slowdowns do the work and catch people out of position. It's super annoying and effective against solo players. Some high profile players have made a career out of hit and run only have a harsh realization that they need actual mechanics against high level players.

  • Alright see you next week.

  • Are people like OP just not used to paying attention to sound? I never play Killer without headphones and rarely do I do so as a Survivor, but seriously. Wraith's chrrlshsrshcshcshrshcshcshs can be heard from a mile away, just be mindful of pallets and you're ok, it really isn't that difficult.

    Now, could his addons use some changes, now that he is pretty okay without them? Sure.

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418421#Comment_2418421

    Silent bell too. It's not much different than the old prayer beads.

    It is very different since you can still see wraiths shimmer, hear his foot stomps and his gurgling. A part of being a survivor is being aware of your surroundings.

    Again, Spine Chill hard counters him. The bell needs no nerf.

  • @thisisntmax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418596#Comment_2418596

    You're right. I should play out my four slow downs Twins game who slugs at 5 gens, instead of just going next & watching YT.

    You should accept that any Killer and any perk are there to be used and that you don't get to decide who or what the opponent uses.

    If you can't play every match you enter because you have to have everything your way; just stop playing. The player base will thank you.

  • Okay, goodbye. Don't let the exit gate hit you on the way out.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2419437#Comment_2419437

    But SWF are not just 1% of the playerbase. The amount of SWF players is actually so high, that it affects queue times.

    4 man swf are less than 10 and. the highest swf was 2 mans and it wasnt even that high. so no, solos are much more common and not all of them are even good.

  • @betelgeuseyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418413#Comment_2418413

    I think he needs a rework in my opinion. I've never liked using him but vs him now is insane. Myers and ghostface are meant to be the jump scare gods not wraith.

    if you get jumpscared by BING BONG man you got some serious problems.


    Besodes that, he came before myers and ghostface.

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418436#Comment_2418436

    if you get jumpscared by BING BONG man you got some serious problems.

    Besodes that, he came before myers and ghostface.

    Are you aware of his silent bell? Nevermind his walking speed while cloaked.

    And wraith coming first has nothing to do with Myers and ghostface being the best jumpscare killers in the game. Try again.

‹ 1 2