Least favourite chapter?

Chapter 18, A Binding of Kin for me. What about you?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Ive been around since last August-September. I've enjoyed the style and design of all the chapters in some way

  • @FancyMrB said:

    All-Kill but only because there was no map and the Trickster didn't feel good to play at the start.

    Other then that I really do love that DBD did a celeb psycho killer. Why everyone hates it because its k-pop theme is beyond me. I don't listen to K-Pop myself but still a cool concept.

    Makes me wonder if it was not k-pop if the chapter would have been more popular.

    I honestly don't blame them. I didn't mind All-Kill, but K-Pop is of the same calibre as anime: quite overhyped and almost disgusting in essence, given its track record for that 'fanboy' attitude and the flamboyant nature of the music. I don't particularly fancy over-the-top, dramatised pop, so I can see where problems arise.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2412423#Comment_2412423

    All-kill is still more iconic than most chapters and Yun-Jin is an extremely well liked and played survivor sorry you didn't get your faves maybe next time xoxo

    What is your problem? @GeneralV were simply giving their opinion on the matter, and the matter that was requested as per the thread creator's intentions. What makes you think your garbage excuse of an 'opinion' matters more than another person's? Please, just quit it.

  • Curtain Call or A Lullaby For the Dark.


    Clown is really quite bland, Campbell's didn't blow my mind spare its lore implications, and Kate was quite boring to me... As for Lullaby, I've never particularly fancied Huntress' rather monotone playstyle, and David is also pretty disinteresting. Red Forest is quite good however.

  • Ash's chapter. MoM broke the game. The devs knew it was going too and they released it anyway. They knew it would shake up the meta and survivors would jump on it like flies to poop. Or the devs had no idea because they dont play their own game. Either way, they screwed up.

  • I know I answered earlier but the ghostface chapter not fun to play and you only got 2 good perks that chapter and also survivor for that whole period was boring because nothing was really added

  • The last 3 chapters have been the worst in dbd history imo.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Ash's chapter. MoM broke the game. The devs knew it was going too and they released it anyway. They knew it would shake up the meta and survivors would jump on it like flies to poop. Or the devs had no idea because they dont play their own game. Either way, they screwed up.

    Ash was not a chapter, it's a paragraph. The only reason people are saying Ghostface here was because it's listed as a chapter, but Ash was a paragraph (Ash if officially listed as Paragraph 3, Ghostface is listed as chapter 12. No one knows why it's weird like that.)

  • All-Kill, all the way.

    The killer is garbage. His power is garbage. His design is garbage. His lore is garbage. His shoes are garbage. His perks are decent tho

  • Binding of Kin was by far the most horrendous, poorly thought out and poorly executed chapter.

    They created a killer that performs in an inefficient manner but excels in the gameplay survivors find the least enjoyable.

    Luckily they could be purchased with shards because I was not spending money on them.

  • @ZonkyWizard said:

    Chapter 18, A Binding of Kin for me. What about you?

    Darkness among us was probably the worst chapter imo. I don't hate Binding of Kin do to the fact that it gave us some pretty cool perks to work with.

  • @GannTM said:

    A Binding of Kin. It literally broke the whole game.

    Too bad, I was binge playing a different game that time the chapter was out

  • @HellraisingPredator said:

    Probably chains of hate. I'm not a particular fan of the killer, survivor or map but worst of all was the teaser which left me blue balled thinking it could be Pinhead.

    I remember everyone assuming that it was going to be Pinhead that time... Was funny.

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    lets be real here. Flesh and mud was a disaster for the human race. Hag and ace are pretty nice, but hag on launch was a CIA torture scheme and the swamps have eternally been a map devised by satan himself

    Wasn't alive that time that chapter was introduced

  • @ZonkyWizard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2412506#Comment_2412506

    Too bad, I was binge playing a different game that time the chapter was out

    You were doing yourself a favor.

  • @Ghost_Face_Main said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2412475#Comment_2412475

    IG he was a chapter for the fact he was an Anniversary release? I'm still confused to this day about that too.

    The whole Ghostface chapter confuses me too

  • Definitely binding of kin. Others are fine, I don't really have any favourites either.

  • Chains of Hate (it gave us Deathslinger, Dead Dawg Saloon, and Breakable Walls. Zarina is the only redeeming factor of this chapter).

    Binding of Kin (Twins could be deleted tomorrow and I wouldn't feel a thing, the perks are garbage, Elodie is the only redeeming factor).

    All-Kill (the perks are nice but it bringing Trickster's power into dbd is genuinely unforgivable no matter what).

    Darkness Among Us (I played through Old Legion and I played through the bug that made killers completely invisible except their red stain. The bug that still exists today. Jeff is awful, the map is awful, and always has been, and the perks are awful. The only thing that redeems it is that I don't hate everything here combined enough to top Trickster, Twins, or Slinger).

    Honourable mention to Shattered Bloodline for bringing in Spirit but, considering this was the last chapter that worked upon initial release (I think it was one of the least buggy times in dbd history, ironic considering DAU was next) I have to forgive it.

  • Twins, Blight, Trickster. They all kinda meh. Nemesis is incredibly fun tho

  • All Kill, killer is a mistake and should have never seen the light of day

  • Binding of kin and All Kill

  • @CheeseAnton said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2413217#Comment_2413217

    Imagine if the Resident Evil chapter was just a killer being a Zombie from the game (not even one seen from the games, a random BHVR original zombie), that's why the Ghost Face chapter was a big disappointment. When people wanted Ghost Face they meant a killer duo we never seen in the game before, they just hadn't specified it so they got "Ghost Face" (at least, that's what I wanted). People also wanted Sidney, people still want Sidney (as evident from the constant fan cams on DBD's Twitter).

    What we got was a Stealth Killer... we didn't even get an original survivor, why did Ghost Face get to be original but we couldn't even get a Survivor with him? Maybe an original survivor who's a vigilante that's been tracking and trying to stop Ghostface because he was a failed first attempt (Ghostface's First Victim, and his only Survivor). Maybe a worker at Danny Johnson's last job who was the person that found the note at his desk and went to Danny's house to investigate just to be taken. Even Carl the Cashier could've worked, I know he's a bit of a meme but it would at least justify this paragraph being called a chapter.

    And him being even broken before launch doesn't change the fact he's still broken, all that happened was a Band-Aid was put on a chopped off arm. I don't wanna settle with the fact that he's better than he was, he shouldn't be this inconsistent at all!

    The whole zombie bit at the start was honestly a really bad take, sorry. Either way, we still have Ghost Face as a killer in the game, because the importance of the person under the mask is ike Spider-Man: anyone can wear the mask.

    apps.53490.13853820101370408.11d36223-5a5b-45b5-9296-c9f59d5f5174.jpeg
  • The Binding of Kin.


    Maybe I just hyped myself up to a totally different killer, but The Twins feel so boring to me. There also wasn't a new map and yeah I know. People will say why do you want more maps when we get stuff like RPD, but I think the chapter would be much more exciting for me if The Twins came with a cool old village map or something.


    The only good think from the chapter is Elodie. She's badass.

  • @TerrorUnleashed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2413211#Comment_2413211

    I honestly don't blame them. I didn't mind All-Kill, but K-Pop is of the same calibre as anime: quite overhyped and almost disgusting in essence, given its track record for that 'fanboy' attitude and the flamboyant nature of the music. I don't particularly fancy over-the-top, dramatised pop, so I can see where problems arise.

    Saying K-pop or anime is "disgusting" because of the fanboys is just wrong.

    I get it if the style isn't your tea, but at least say it's the fandom that's problematic. I don't listen to K-pop but this is how I see things. I don't mind the genre itself.

  • Cursed Legacy.

    I dislike playing as and against Oni. Yui's character is irritating. I am not fond of the Japan maps.

  • The FNAF chapter, if it happens. :/ I really love this game but I'm not getting face-camped by a stupid animatronic bear in a pizzaria.

  • Gotta be Darkness Among Us still.

    Teaser was so misleading.

  • @ZonkyWizard said:

    Chapter 18, A Binding of Kin for me. What about you?

    Probably the Ash vs Evil dead chapter. Don't get me wrong, I love Ash, but man his perks are so useless nowadays. I remember when MoM was a must-have perk since it always blocked the 4º hit. But then it got nerfed to a point where you need to rely on the protection bug action to actually work. The Buck up, it's so rare to killers slug so no, it's not useful. Flip flop is the only one that I had fun using, but also it's very rare to be used. Just letting you know, useful perks are the ones that you are almost going to use in all matches. exhaustion perks, prove thyself, deception, even saboteur is useful, because you're going to use to see hooks and be able to sabotage hooks to save your teammates.

  • @Didiez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/271457/least-favourite-chapter

    Probably the Ash vs Evil dead chapter. Don't get me wrong, I love Ash, but man his perks are so useless nowadays. I remember when MoM was a must-have perk since it always blocked the 4º hit. But then it got nerfed to a point where you need to rely on the protection bug action to actually work. The Buck up, it's so rare to killers slug so no, it's not useful. Flip flop is the only one that I had fun using, but also it's very rare to be used. Just letting you know, useful perks are the ones that you are almost going to use in all matches. exhaustion perks, prove thyself, deception, even saboteur is useful, because you're going to use to see hooks and be able to sabotage hooks to save your teammates.

    Why/How is your avatar so zoomed-in, I've never seen it like that before

  • @oh_salutations said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2416282#Comment_2416282

    Why/How is your avatar so zoomed-in, I've never seen it like that before

    I DON'T KNOW 😂. I started using the forum in 2019. I did not change my avatar since that time.

  • @DrStone said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2413498#Comment_2413498

    Saying K-pop or anime is "disgusting" because of the fanboys is just wrong.

    I get it if the style isn't your tea, but at least say it's the fandom that's problematic. I don't listen to K-pop but this is how I see things. I don't mind the genre itself.

    Mate, your name is DrStone. That would scare most people. People are entitled to their opinions, and that's mine. It's fair, it has foundation, but ultimately (and most incremental of all), it's my own.

  • @Ghost_Face_Main said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2413299#Comment_2413299

    The whole zombie bit at the start was honestly a really bad take, sorry. Either way, we still have Ghost Face as a killer in the game, because the importance of the person under the mask is ike Spider-Man: anyone can wear the mask.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Y86GLF1W257V/apps-53490-13853820101370408-11d36223-5a5b-45b5-9296-c9f59d5f5174.jpeg

    Way to ignore most of my entire post, telling me Ghost Face is spider man.


    But anyway, you know who isn't Spider-Man. Mary Jane Watson (Sidney Prescot), one's of the games most wanted survivors, and is to this day, probably still attacking DBD Twitter with fan cams. Sure, we may have gotten a Spider Man chapter with Spider Man, but a lot of people also wanted Mary Jane to come in the chapter yet we didn't get her. Because of this chapter basically ruining paragraphs, I don't see the devs revisiting the Spider Man license to give a paragraph of Mary Jane.

    This is why I despise this licensed chapter, it gave us a terrible killer (my personal opinion, I'm happy you enjoy him enough to have him in your name), gave us bad perks (Thrilling Tremors being the exception, but even then a lot of people don't use it), cut ties with the rest of the Scream Franchise (might be pessimistic, but I don't see Sidney or Randy ever getting in. Ever, not even as legendary skins), and it was supposed to be the celebration of the 3rd Year of Dead by Daylight yet was terrible at it.

  • Definitely Binding of Kin. Can't see myself using either character. Personally, the only good thing I can think of is diversion lol

  • @Didiez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2416324#Comment_2416324

    I DON'T KNOW 😂. I started using the forum in 2019. I did not change my avatar since that time.

    Maybe that's how the avatars looked like back then on the forums? Now it's slightly zoomed out

  • I hate the Plague and her map... I don't care if it's survivor-sided or not, every time I load into the weirdly recycled temple map I audibly groan. Plague is just so zzz... and I feel like I always get them as soon as I put on a healing challenge.

  • @T0xicTyler said:

    I hate the Plague and her map... I don't care if it's survivor-sided or not, every time I load into the weirdly recycled temple map I audibly groan. Plague is just so zzz... and I feel like I always get them as soon as I put on a healing challenge.

    I don't mind her chapter but I'm always running Iron Will so... Getting her is a definite "meh"

  • @TerrorUnleashed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2416103#Comment_2416103

    Mate, your name is DrStone. That would scare most people. People are entitled to their opinions, and that's mine. It's fair, it has foundation, but ultimately (and most incremental of all), it's my own.

    You can have an opinion without being condescending and looking down on others.

  • @DrStone said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2416371#Comment_2416371

    You can have an opinion without being condescending and looking down on others.

    Oh wow... can you really? Sounds like someone just purposefully misconstrues everything because they like to victimise themselves while demonising others. Fun fact kiddo: I wasn't being 'condescending' in the slightest. Guess you just want it that way.

  • Binding of Kin,Super boring ugly looking killer + buggy as hell and it was released during Christmas Time and we had this muddy snow waiting screen instead of Christmas lights as usually

  • Darkness Among Us - Legion was the most half baked Killer idea. Teenagers running around getting energy drink highs and being annoying. The map and Jeff are good though, just wish Jeff wasn't so loud.

    Nightmare on Elm Street - Old Freddy was a miserable, boring, no skill involved, and weak mess. Reworked Freddy was a super over loaded Killer that was still no skill involved. Also not sure how anyone can bash outfits of other characters when Freddy is wearing what he is wearing. Quentin was also a goblin addition for so long and took so long to fix.

    Curtain Fall - Just a waste of the Clown theme. Could of been a lot more interesting.

    Saw - Overall a uninteresting Killer and Survivor with a garbage map.

  • Resident Evil. Game was completely unplayable in console also ######### RPD

  • Either Binding of Kin or Ghostface. Binding of Kin destroyed the game and Ghostface is too inconsistent.

  • My Number 1 is easily Binding of Kin. I think Elodie has interesting lore, but the chapter didn't interest me in the slightest. I don't care for the Twin's perks, playstyle, or story, and I wasn't interested in Elodie's perks either.

    I also think RE is a bit disappointing- bugs and console issues aside- since Nemesis has a pretty meh power and the zombies are so insanely unreliable on both sides.

    For older chapters though, while Ghostface was fun, I do think his launch was super disappointing because of how awful he was on PTB and continued to be for a hot second on live before he got a lot of well-needed changes.

    I'll also give an honourable mention to Blight's release, because he had a really nasty add-on for a hot second there and he brought on one of my least favourite metas of Ruin Undying. Otherwise though, love the chapter.

1 2 ›