How can we be more diverse in dbd after the LGBTQIA2S+ character

Alright, I'm gonna be honest here before I jump into the actual discussion, I wasn't on board for the longest time on getting a LGBTQ+ survivor, mostly because I felt like it felt weird in a game like dbd and that there are bigger issues in the game, but I've shifted my view over some time, and I've come to support the idea of getting a character like this. My main thing is, once we've gotten our character, how else can we help promote diversity and progressiveness. An idea I had is maybe, to help spread awareness, is that we can get a survivor who is either autistic or schizophrenic, as someone who has a family member who deals with both of these. Overall, I would love to see more diversity within the game, as I've come to see how important it actually is, and, even if it is a horror game, I want to see more people come into the game and feel comfortable that they are represented within the game.

edit: please be civil everyone, I've already seen some peepo get heated up

2nd edit: its 9:00 and I came in to check on this post, 99+ replies, yikes, anyway look at 1st edit

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    Ok so here is how this post is going to go down.

    People are going to come in saying something mildly homophobic possibly saying " lgbt characters shouldn't be in the game" and they will claim they won't care which completely contradict themselves by posting at all.

    A moderator will pop for a few seconds and remind everyone to be respectful and no one will listen.

    Then there is going to be those edgy homophobes posting, then GoodBoyKaru10, Mooks and Orion ect is going to get into an argument with said people about this subject with everyone being passive aggressive.

    Then this post will get over 200 comments and completely shift to politics or religion regarding lgbt and then a moderator will come in and shut this post down and bring us all back to earth from arguing with their wisdom and then this post will fade into obscurity.

    Did I miss anything or did I sum up correctly the events that is going to take place?

    Hey at least I'm famous around here :D

    You're not wrong though

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319061#Comment_2319061

    No, this hasn't happened with the Pride charm. The devs specifically require proof that you have been targeted throughout several matches (which has always been bannable) or proof your game was griefed because of the charm. It would be the exact same situation here.

    Oh okay. I thought I seen on the forums that someone got banned for killing someone that had the pride charm. I stand corrected.

  • @FengisKawaii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318998#Comment_2318998

    You missed the part where vocal supporters of the representation cause act hostile, ignorant and entitled towards everyone who doesn´t kiss their feet, even attacking those who support them.

    You are right. I think I implied that when I said people would be aggressive

  • @LylakLavender said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319069#Comment_2319069

    Oh okay. I thought I seen on the forums that someone got banned for killing someone that had the pride charm. I stand corrected.

    It was just another ploy by people to winge about the charm 🙄

  • @LylakLavender said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319069#Comment_2319069

    Oh okay. I thought I seen on the forums that someone got banned for killing someone that had the pride charm. I stand corrected.

    No. They just reported that someone tried to get them banned.

    Don't worry I doubt it will ever come to that. If it did, a lot of people would put a charm on just to gain immunity and no one would do their objectives.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    Personally, I feel that all forms of entertainment in this day and age have adopted a philosophy that every race, gender and sexuality have to be perfectly represented in every film, game or television show. This is not realistic and it's amazingly bland and lacks artistic integrity. A story of any type, should not try and force an ideal into it just because. In fact, the best stories are ones that form organically, without agenda's shoved into them.

    For example, John Carpenters, The Thing did not have a single female character in the entire movie, yet it was still a great movie. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon didn't have a single Caucasian character in it and it was great.

    Another example is Supergirl TV show. It has every race, gender and sexuality represented in it and you feel like there's an agenda trying to be shoved down your throat. It doesn't make the TV show any better, in fact it's a detriment to the show a lot of times.

    I'm gay. I like Supergirl the TV show. However, it would be better served just telling a story instead of trying to shoe-horn all this political agenda stuff into it when it really doesn't need it most times.

    I know this is kinda off topic, but damn do I love the Thing, I consider it a horror masterpiece and I would love it in this game

  • @ClumsyTrapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319031#Comment_2319031

    I understand it's two different teams but Everytime this game adds anything at all it brakes a bunch of completely unrelated things.

    I just want the game working properly before adding so much as a line of in game

    So, what you are saying is that you would rather the Devs not release anything whatsoever? Literally nothing? No event, no cosmetics, nothing at all, until the bugs are gone and the game runs smooth?

    So what, fire everyone else? Put them on indefinite, unpaid leave? What the hell are they going to do? They certainly can't keep working for bhvr, the company isn't using their talent and can't justify paying them once they've saturated the studio with unreleased content. Plus, the playerbase will drop massively because, well, no new content. That means significantly less revenue, so I guess it's a good thing that the entire art department got layed off.

    DbD has to keep releasing content, there's no question about that. May as well add representation.

  • Honestly isn't needed dbd doesn't need gay characters it doesn't change anything.

  • On topic on how go get ‚more diverse‘:

    we do have a pretty damn diverse cast already, we have many ethnicities, nationalities, a few different body types (Jeff, Jane, David, Elodie also a little bit), different ages (Bill stands out and an somewhat elderly woman is kinda missing), we have a smoker with Bill, different types of disfigurement and diseases (Claudette has a skin condition, Ash is amputee, Yui cross-eyed, Deathslinger has something with his leg and needs walking aid, Hillbilly being born disfigured), The Twins are born conjoined twins, with Claudette it may even be already implied she could be autistic/on the spectrum.

    so I guess, we don’t need to get more diverse as it seems nothing was ever explicitly excluded except for anything related to LGBTQ+, maybe the trend of the successful and attractive young (female) survivor needs to be paused in favor of more everyday people as it used to be


    and yes, asking for LGBTQ+ to be excluded but being perfectly fine with the inclusion of heterosexuality in the current different forms that are already in the game is kinda homophobic/lgbtq+phobic. I know some people are not aware of the heterosexual mentions so I usually don’t label them directly, but at some point people have to be aware that them wanting explicit exclusion does have a name.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    Personally, I feel that all forms of entertainment in this day and age have adopted a philosophy that every race, gender and sexuality have to be perfectly represented in every film, game or television show. This is not realistic and it's amazingly bland and lacks artistic integrity. A story of any type, should not try and force an ideal into it just because. In fact, the best stories are ones that form organically, without agenda's shoved into them.

    For example, John Carpenters, The Thing did not have a single female character in the entire movie, yet it was still a great movie. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon didn't have a single Caucasian character in it and it was great.

    Another example is Supergirl TV show. It has every race, gender and sexuality represented in it and you feel like there's an agenda trying to be shoved down your throat. It doesn't make the TV show any better, in fact it's a detriment to the show a lot of times.

    I'm gay. I like Supergirl the TV show. However, it would be better served just telling a story instead of trying to shoe-horn all this political agenda stuff into it when it really doesn't need it most times.

    Plus the story of DBD hardly ever focuses on a character's sexuality.

    When it does, it's usually because it highlights a part of chatacter lore, or it's important in how they became a survivor or killer.

    If they do it, I would prefer they do it through a new character. Instead of slapping a pride flag on existing characters and calling that representation.

  • @Tricksters_30thBlade said:

    Honestly isn't needed dbd doesn't need gay characters it doesn't change anything.

    DbD is going to get ‚gay‘ characters. You gotta start to live with that. And that was definitely not the question in the OP at all.

    edit to be a little bit more constructive: it may not be needed, but the devs have expressed that they want to be inclusive and have a diverse cast of characters in their game.

  • @Mooks said:

    On topic on how go get ‚more diverse‘:

    we do have a pretty damn diverse cast already, we have many ethnicities, nationalities, a few different body types (Jeff, Jane, David, Elodie also a little bit), different ages (Bill stands out and an somewhat elderly woman is kinda missing), we have a smoker with Bill, different types of disfigurement and diseases (Claudette has a skin condition, Ash is amputee, Yui cross-eyed, Deathslinger has something with his leg and needs walking aid, Hillbilly being born disfigured), The Twins are born conjoined twins, with Claudette it may even be already implied she could be autistic/on the spectrum.

    so I guess, we don’t need to get more diverse as it seems nothing was ever explicitly excluded except for anything related to LGBTQ+, maybe the trend of the successful and attractive young (female) survivor needs to be paused in favor of more everyday people as it used to be

    and yes, asking for LGBTQ+ to be excluded but being perfectly fine with the inclusion of heterosexuality in the current different forms that are already in the game is kinda homophobic/lgbtq+phobic. I know some people are not aware of the heterosexual mentions so I usually don’t label them directly, but at some point people have to be aware that them wanting explicit exclusion does have a name.

    Yes, all I want is an elderly woman (Bill's age) and more survivors who aren't considered "attractive" by society's standards.

    Although I'm sure if a survivor isn't good looking, that means less sales on cosmetics so maybe they're afraid to go down that route?

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319165#Comment_2319165

    Yes, all I want is an elderly woman (Bill's age) and more survivors who aren't considered "attractive" by society's standards.

    Although I'm sure if a survivor isn't good looking, that means less sales on cosmetics so maybe they're afraid to go down that route?

    I dunno, they already have Nea for the ugly survivor route.

  • No please not an elderly woman I would feel terrible for killing a sweet old lady :(

  • @BingBongMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319174#Comment_2319174

    I dunno, they already have Nea for the ugly survivor route.

    Have you seen the reworked version of Nea


    @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319165#Comment_2319165

    Yes, all I want is an elderly woman (Bill's age) and more survivors who aren't considered "attractive" by society's standards.

    Although I'm sure if a survivor isn't good looking, that means less sales on cosmetics so maybe they're afraid to go down that route?

    Yep, I mean, they don’t have do go out of their way to make extreme ugly characters. But more everyday people. I guess Jeff, Dwight, Claudette, Min are quite good examples of not being overly attractive.

    Of course that’s all subjective. And something like Quentin and Cybil is not meant to be ugly but just modeled poorly. So that doesn’t count for me either

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318887#Comment_2318887

    @Marigoria

    A lot of times it isn't visible because it isn't accepted. Like in the real world.

    I don't care in what manner they decide to bring a LGBTQI+ character, as long as A) they look good (because I am a sucker for good cosmetics) B) they have an awesome storyline. To me it sounds like you want them to 'touch' on their sexuality, whereas someone like me wants them to be out and without a care in the world, because they feel free to be themselves.

    If that means the character wants to wear colorful clothes (as an example) because it fits their story. Then so be it.

    LGBT = Colorful? See that's a stereotype right there.

  • @Hex_Ignored said:

    No please not an elderly woman I would feel terrible for killing a sweet old lady :(

    But you don't feel bad for killing Bill? Our old lady could be a badass too.

  • @Tricksters_30thBlade said:

    Honestly isn't needed dbd doesn't need gay characters it doesn't change anything.

    If it doesn't change anything then I see no reason for it not to be in the game :)

  • Is there the whole alphabet in their group already?..

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319178#Comment_2319178

    Have you seen the reworked version of Nea

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319174#Comment_2319174

    Yep, I mean, they don’t have do go out of their way to make extreme ugly characters. But more everyday people. I guess Jeff, Dwight, Claudette, Min are quite good examples of not being overly attractive.

    Of course that’s all subjective. And something like Quentin and Cybil is not meant to be ugly but just modeled poorly. So that doesn’t count for me either

    Yeah, still looked ugly but in HD.

    I think something is wrong with her in game face rigging. Looking at the non in game model looks fine, but putting her in DBD's engine somehow makes her face look like a human frog.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319165#Comment_2319165

    Yes, all I want is an elderly woman (Bill's age) and more survivors who aren't considered "attractive" by society's standards.

    Although I'm sure if a survivor isn't good looking, that means less sales on cosmetics so maybe they're afraid to go down that route?

    New perk: Decieve

    Despite your age, you're perfectly able to fight back.

    Stun the killer 4 times to activate this perk. The next time you stun the killer with a pallet, it lasts for 1/1.25/1.5 seconds longer.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319174#Comment_2319174

    New perk: Decieve

    Despite your age, you're perfectly able to fight back.

    Stun the killer 4 times to activate this perk. The next time you stun the killer with a pallet, it lasts for 1/1.25/1.5 seconds longer.

    when can I blow up the killer?

  • If they're gonna do it, they need to just make it a sidenote. Maybe it's not even mentioned in their backstory. The devs could just say somewhere on a Q&A or something, "This character is blank". Because if they revolve the character's personality around it, that's just tokenism.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319187#Comment_2319187

    But you don't feel bad for killing Bill? Our old lady could be a badass too.

    Exacly! Think of something like Laurie Strode from the recent Halloween reboot. She´s more badass than any survivor we have currently except maybe Ash or Bill.

  • @FengisKawaii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319196#Comment_2319196

    Exacly! Think of something like Laurie Strode from the recent Halloween reboot. She´s more badass than any survivor we have currently except maybe Ash or Bill.

    Excuse me? You forgot about our lovely godkiller cheryl mason, god I want another silent hill game

  • @BingBongMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319190#Comment_2319190

    Yeah, still looked ugly but in HD.

    I think something is wrong with her in game face rigging. Looking at the non in game model looks fine, but putting her in DBD's engine somehow makes her face look like a human frog.

    Ah I forgot in-game she still looked like that.

    but yeah I meant the neutral face model, I kinda expect them to rework the in-game animations to make her look more human..

  • @JimboMason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319209#Comment_2319209

    Excuse me? You forgot about our lovely godkiller cheryl mason, god I want another silent hill game

    Sorry :( I don´t know much about SH other than Pyramidhead being into sexual violence. I´m sure Cheryl is really badass, too! :)

  • I just want a small nerdy guy, cosmetics would be leaning towards Quentin's style

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318941#Comment_2318941

    LGBT = Colorful? See that's a stereotype right there.

    Doesn't really help that stereotype if the pride flag is a rainbow .

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319057#Comment_2319057

    So, what you are saying is that you would rather the Devs not release anything whatsoever? Literally nothing? No event, no cosmetics, nothing at all, until the bugs are gone and the game runs smooth?

    So what, fire everyone else? Put them on indefinite, unpaid leave? What the hell are they going to do? They certainly can't keep working for bhvr, the company isn't using their talent and can't justify paying them once they've saturated the studio with unreleased content. Plus, the playerbase will drop massively because, well, no new content. That means significantly less revenue, so I guess it's a good thing that the entire art department got layed off.

    DbD has to keep releasing content, there's no question about that. May as well add representation.

    No it doesn't they could build a backlog while cleaning up the massive mess of a game they currently have then release the new content fix issues that arise then repeat. Like every other functional game ever

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    Ok so here is how this post is going to go down.

    People are going to come in saying something mildly homophobic possibly saying " lgbt characters shouldn't be in the game" and they will claim they won't care which completely contradict themselves by posting at all.

    A moderator will pop for a few seconds and remind everyone to be respectful and no one will listen.

    Then there is going to be those edgy homophobes posting, then GoodBoyKaru10, Mooks and Orion ect is going to get into an argument with said people about this subject with everyone being passive aggressive.

    Then this post will get over 200 comments and completely shift to politics or religion regarding lgbt and then a moderator will come in and shut this post down and bring us all back to earth from arguing with their wisdom and then this post will fade into obscurity.

    Did I miss anything or did I sum up correctly the events that is going to take place?

    @FengisKawaii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318998#Comment_2318998

    You missed the part where vocal supporters of the representation cause act hostile, ignorant and entitled towards everyone who doesn´t kiss their feet, even attacking those who support them.

    This pretty much. I am trans and bi, yet they will throw people who they claim they want representation for under the bus if they have a different opinion.

    IMO there are too many of these threads and they always end up the same, people fighting over politics.

  • Now if there was a LGBT+ killer, I would be up for that. I personally don't was the LGBT+ character getting killed over and over again. :)

    Leatherface is either a cross-dresser or is possibly transgendered, in movie lore and he has a female outfit.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    Now if there was a LGBT+ killer, I would be up for that. I personally don't was the LGBT+ character getting killed over and over again. :)

    Leatherface is either a cross-dresser or is possibly transgendered, in movie lore and he has a female outfit.

    Pretty sure leatherface doesn’t count as transgender. He doesn’t even get the concept of genders at all. He just wears different outfits for different occasions with appropriate faces without knowing about gender roles

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318941#Comment_2318941

    LGBT = Colorful? See that's a stereotype right there.

    @Marigoria

    Not really. You clearly took my response out of context to fit your stereotype comment. I said should the story FIT. I wear colorful clothes because I like them and I happen to be gay. Not because I want to be a stereotype.

    Do you have a problem with people wearing colorful clothing? Or just gay people?

    Like, I don't understand what you are asking for... a closeted gay person?

  • @the_new said:

    leather face is autistic

    why does this comment look like a shitpost lmao

    Anyways yeah I love me Bubba and I'm actually autistic myself, though we could use an autistic survivor sometime.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319238#Comment_2319238

    Pretty sure leatherface doesn’t count as transgender. He doesn’t even get the concept of genders at all. He just wears different outfits for different occasions with appropriate faces without knowing about gender roles

    It's possible. But I do think of "Silence of the Lambs" and Buffalo Bill. He was making a woman suit. However, they did mention in the movie that the psychology test did show he wasn't transgendered. What should be added to the DBD story is that LGBT+ people can't be taken to the entities realm because they are just to good for the entity to take. ;)

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318853#Comment_2318853

    Devs can use heterosexual relationships just fine without making it a personality (except Frank and Julie let's ignore them) so idk why everyone brings up the possibility of an lgbt+ character, especially one in a same-Sex relationship, being written like that

    Because that's often how its used and portrayed. Its also what a large portion of the population kind of expect (a sad truth but a truth none the less).

    Just look at the trickster, we have a flamboyant, limp wristed, pretty boy running goofily around the map throwing sparkle daggers. The first string of posts and a constant ongoing theme about him right up to release (and after) was his sexuality, based purely on the aforementioned terrible cliché design. Ergo he must be gay because he conforms to a terrible stereotype about gay people.

    That's not representation and the fact he isn't gay is about the only redeeming feature of his design, otherwise he'd be truly irksome rather than just generally terrible.

    To avoid this the sexuality of a character would be a note in the tome backstory, otherwise you risk reinforcing a negative stereotype. I can see why it hasn't been implemented yet because not matter what you do you're gonna piss off somebody. Given how people can take even the most mild of offense to the extreme these days it can snowball into all kinds of BS down the line.

    I have only played sporadically lately did they end up releasing the pride charm? Its a token gesture like most online gestures, but at least its a start, wherein you can say "I support people's right to love who they choose without persecution even in this largely inconsequential online game".

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    Ok so here is how this post is going to go down.

    People are going to come in saying something mildly homophobic possibly saying " lgbt characters shouldn't be in the game" and they will claim they won't care which completely contradict themselves by posting at all.

    A moderator will pop for a few seconds and remind everyone to be respectful and no one will listen.

    Then there is going to be those edgy homophobes posting, then GoodBoyKaru10, Mooks and Orion ect is going to get into an argument with said people about this subject with everyone being passive aggressive.

    Then this post will get over 200 comments and completely shift to politics or religion regarding lgbt and then a moderator will come in and shut this post down and bring us all back to earth from arguing with their wisdom and then this post will fade into obscurity.

    Did I miss anything or did I sum up correctly the events that is going to take place?

    Damn brah you predicted it perfectly. Respect.

  • I know it couldn't work with gens and healing being a thing but I'd love a playable dog character just because watching victor chase a dog around would be ######### hilarious and I do feel like animal companion is a horror trope not touched on yet.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318862#Comment_2318862

    Because that's often how its used and portrayed. Its also what a large portion of the population kind of expect (a sad truth but a truth none the less).

    Just look at the trickster, we have a flamboyant, limp wristed, pretty boy running goofily around the map throwing sparkle daggers. The first string of posts and a constant ongoing theme about him right up to release (and after) was his sexuality, based purely on the aforementioned terrible cliché design. Ergo he must be gay because he conforms to a terrible stereotype about gay people.

    That's not representation and the fact he isn't gay is about the only redeeming feature of his design, otherwise he'd be truly irksome rather than just generally terrible.

    To avoid this the sexuality of a character would be a note in the tome backstory, otherwise you risk reinforcing a negative stereotype. I can see why it hasn't been implemented yet because not matter what you do you're gonna piss off somebody. Given how people can take even the most mild of offense to the extreme these days it can snowball into all kinds of BS down the line.

    I have only played sporadically lately did they end up releasing the pride charm? Its a token gesture like most online gestures, but at least its a start, wherein you can say "I support people's right to love who they choose without persecution even in this largely inconsequential online game".

    To answer your last point yes, they did add in the pride charm. Personally, I love it and use it on everyone though I'm well aware that it doesn't seem like much.

    avoid this the sexuality of a character would be a note in the tome backstory, otherwise you risk reinforcing a negative stereotype

    To be fair, this is exactly what everyone I've seen has been asking for. Saying "His boyfriend" instead of "His girlfiend".

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319194#Comment_2319194

    @Marigoria

    Not really. You clearly took my response out of context to fit your stereotype comment. I said should the story FIT. I wear colorful clothes because I like them and I happen to be gay. Not because I want to be a stereotype.

    Do you have a problem with people wearing colorful clothing? Or just gay people?

    Like, I don't understand what you are asking for... a closeted gay person?

    Yes, me as someone who is trans and bi, i totally have a problem. Dont try to put me into the "homophobe" category just because I don't happen to agree with you on LGBT not being a visible thing, because making it visible leads to stereotypes

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319279#Comment_2319279

    Yes, me as someone who is trans and bi, i'm totally have a problem. Dont try to put me into the "homophobe" category just because I don't happen to agree with you on LGBT not being a visible thing, because making it visible leads to stereotypes

    No one said it should be visible though?

    people are just asking for equal treatment to the already included heterosexual relationships.

    and devs are working with people from GaymerX to avoid harmful stereotypical portrays

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319345#Comment_2319345

    No one said it should be visible though?

    people are just asking for equal treatment to the already included heterosexual relationships.

    and devs are working with people from GaymerX to avoid harmful stereotypical portrays

    I just replied to someone who mentioned "colorful clothes" which happens to be a stereotype.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318853#Comment_2318853

    Devs can use heterosexual relationships just fine without making it a personality (except Frank and Julie let's ignore them) so idk why everyone brings up the possibility of an lgbt+ character, especially one in a same-Sex relationship, being written like that

    I kinda agree with that though

    Did you see the Netflix teaser trailer of Q-force? I'm gay, and I'm legit horrified by that. I don't want that kind of "inclusiveness"

    Qringe

    Now let me clarify: the devs used heterosexual aspects of characters storylines to fit the plot, and so they can do with homosexual characters. All I want is not to be forced into a cliché, which is what happens way too often in general. But then again, we don't know yet how they will implement it, so there's no point arguing out of conjectures

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319363#Comment_2319363

    I just replied to someone who mentioned "colorful clothes" which happens to be a stereotype.

    Well.. they have to wear something after all.

    and if they only get black&white clothes it will also be twisted as harmful presentation.

    of course if they go the colorful way of Yun-Jin or Trickster that would be stereotypical. But there are ‚normal‘ colorful clothes. There is no need to be overly limiting for a char that happens to be LGBTQ+.


    in the end, there will definitely be people finding things to complain about. That’s for sure.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319279#Comment_2319279

    Yes, me as someone who is trans and bi, i'm totally have a problem. Dont try to put me into the "homophobe" category just because I don't happen to agree with you on LGBT not being a visible thing, because making it visible leads to stereotypes

    @Marigoria

    "Dont try to put me into the "homophobe" category just because I don't happen to agree with you on LGBT not being a visible thing"

    I think you did that for yourself dear.

    I never called you a homophobe. I am simply correcting you by explaining why the word "colorful" was used. I specifically said where the story FITS. Let me give you an example.

    Let's say you have a gay character who since they were a child loved to play dress up. In fact so much that as they reach their teens, they start auditioning for their local musical theater because it has long been a dream of theirs to be a part of that world. They often dress in colorful attire due to their love for theater and costumes. I think it is safe to say that it is a personal fashion choice and something they grew up with. Not because they are a gay person. Yes not every gay dresses the same way, Speaks the same way, but sometimes it has nothing to do with them trying to fit into a mold, it is simply who they are. If someone feels comfortable wearing a tutu skirt and they happen to be a guy, so what? Why (above all people) does it bother YOU?

    Because you on the other hand think its ok to hide their way of expressing themselves, due to someone else's insecurities and calling it a stereotype. It sounds to me like when I was in school and I would get told "Don't wear that because you are a boy not a girl". Sorry, but your fear of stereotype isn't my problem anymore.

     

  • @nursewannabe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318862#Comment_2318862

    I kinda agree with that though

    Did you see the Netflix teaser trailer of Q-force? I'm gay, and I'm legit horrified by that. I don't want that kind of "inclusiveness"

    Qringe

    Now let me clarify: the devs used heterosexual aspects of characters storylines to fit the plot, and so they can do with homosexual characters. All I want is not to be forced into a cliché, which is what happens way too often in general. But then again, we don't know yet how they will implement it, so there's no point arguing out of conjectures

    Again, I have yet to see someone say that Q-Force is great representation that we should have in everything, and most people I've spoken to want subtle, equal representation. A photo in the background of a guy and his husband, using they/them pronouns and that's it- nothing explicitly "I'M A FLAMING HOMOSEXUAL" or "I'M NON-BINARY AND I WANT YOU ALL TO RECOGNISE THIS IMMIDIATELY". Subtlety is what people want and the devs have managed it with everyone (except for Frank + Julie, but we pretend they don't exist).

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319345#Comment_2319345

    @Marigoria

    "Dont try to put me into the "homophobe" category just because I don't happen to agree with you on LGBT not being a visible thing"

    I think you did that for yourself dear.

    I never called you a homophobe. I am simply correcting you by explaining why the word "colorful" was used. I specifically said where the story FITS. Let me give you an example.

    Let's say you have a gay character who since they were a child loved to play dress up. In fact so much that as they reach their teens, they start auditioning for their local musical theater because it has long been a dream of theirs to be a part of that world. They often dress in colorful attire due to their love for theater and costumes. I think it is safe to say that it is a personal fashion choice and something they grew up with. Not because they are a gay person. Yes not every gay dresses the same way, Speaks the same way, but sometimes it has nothing to do with them trying to fit into a mold, it is simply who they are. If someone feels comfortable wearing a tutu skirt and they happen to be a guy, so what? Why (above all people) does it bother YOU?

    Because you on the other hand think its ok to hide their way of expressing themselves, due to someone else's insecurities and calling it a stereotype. It sounds to me like when I was in school and I would get told "Don't wear that because you are a boy not a girl". Sorry, but your fear of stereotype isn't my problem anymore.

     

    You asked me if I have a problem with gay people, since I disagreed with your opinion.

    I'm not even going to read the rest after you called me "dear". I don't like people who act condescending and passive aggressive.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319386#Comment_2319386

    Again, I have yet to see someone say that Q-Force is great representation that we should have in everything, and most people I've spoken to want subtle, equal representation. A photo in the background of a guy and his husband, using they/them pronouns and that's it- nothing explicitly "I'M A FLAMING HOMOSEXUAL" or "I'M NON-BINARY AND I WANT YOU ALL TO RECOGNISE THIS IMMIDIATELY". Subtlety is what people want and the devs have managed it with everyone (except for Frank + Julie, but we pretend they don't exist).

    So we're on the same boat then

    Also idk legions lore i indeed just pretend they don't exist

1 2 3 4 … 6