How can we be more diverse in dbd after the LGBTQIA2S+ character

Alright, I'm gonna be honest here before I jump into the actual discussion, I wasn't on board for the longest time on getting a LGBTQ+ survivor, mostly because I felt like it felt weird in a game like dbd and that there are bigger issues in the game, but I've shifted my view over some time, and I've come to support the idea of getting a character like this. My main thing is, once we've gotten our character, how else can we help promote diversity and progressiveness. An idea I had is maybe, to help spread awareness, is that we can get a survivor who is either autistic or schizophrenic, as someone who has a family member who deals with both of these. Overall, I would love to see more diversity within the game, as I've come to see how important it actually is, and, even if it is a horror game, I want to see more people come into the game and feel comfortable that they are represented within the game.

edit: please be civil everyone, I've already seen some peepo get heated up

2nd edit: its 9:00 and I came in to check on this post, 99+ replies, yikes, anyway look at 1st edit

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319408#Comment_2319408

    You asked me if I have a problem with gay people, since I disagreed with your opinion.

    I'm not even going to read the rest after you called me "dear". I don't like people who act condescending and passive aggressive.

    @Marigoria

    Nothing passive aggressive about me. I gave you a direct answer.

    I'm sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319386#Comment_2319386

    Again, I have yet to see someone say that Q-Force is great representation that we should have in everything, and most people I've spoken to want subtle, equal representation. A photo in the background of a guy and his husband, using they/them pronouns and that's it- nothing explicitly "I'M A FLAMING HOMOSEXUAL" or "I'M NON-BINARY AND I WANT YOU ALL TO RECOGNISE THIS IMMIDIATELY". Subtlety is what people want and the devs have managed it with everyone (except for Frank + Julie, but we pretend they don't exist).

    Also, "again"? I didn't read the whole thread i just replied to you, 4 pages of stuff is too much :(

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319432#Comment_2319432

    @Marigoria

    Nothing passive aggressive about me. I gave you a direct answer.

    I'm sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

    It's funny how none of these "homophobes" and "transphobes" are the ones attacking LGBT people in this thread, yet the ones who claim they want representation are the ones who are reply to me in a passive aggressive and condescending way, someone who is LGBT, for having a different opinion and not wanting a stereotypical character.

    Makes you think.

  • @nursewannabe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319430#Comment_2319430

    Also, "again"? I didn't read the whole thread i just replied to you, 4 pages of stuff is too much :(

    yeah ive said the same stuff several times this thread :)

  • Things to do in Dead by Daylight:

    1) Get the RPD map working

    2) Make survivors less strong at high level play

    3) Reduce bloodpoint grind so that people don't have to play 3,000 hours to max out a character

    4) Fix indoor maps being terribly designed

    5) Fix ghost face's reveal mechanic

    6) Balance/fix terrible perks on both sides

    7) Buff terrible killers (Legion, Trapper, Clown)


    I think adding a gay survivor can wait

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319441#Comment_2319441

    It's funny how none of these "homophobes" and "transphobes" are the ones attacking LGBT people in this thread, yet the ones who claim they want representation are the ones who are reply to me in a passive aggressive and condescending way, someone who is LGBT, for having a different opinion and not wanting a stereotypical character.

    Makes you think.

    @Marigoria

    You know what I think it's funny sad? When you claim you are part of the group asking for more representation, but only as long as it's with "less visibility".

    I never once used those two terms to address you, nor to "attack" you. I am simply baffled that you are so quick to pull out your LGBTQI+ card, all when I was trying to explain my use of the word "colorful" because you took it out of context in my original response.

    Keep making claims that I am calling you names though. I am sure eventually it'll stick.

  • @Product said:

    Things to do in Dead by Daylight:

    1) Get the RPD map working

    2) Make survivors less strong at high level play

    3) Reduce bloodpoint grind so that people don't have to play 3,000 hours to max out a character

    4) Fix indoor maps being terribly designed

    5) Fix ghost face's reveal mechanic

    6) Balance/fix terrible perks on both sides

    7) Buff terrible killers (Legion, Trapper, Clown)

    I think adding a gay survivor can wait

    Do you think artists and people who write the lore are the same ones who work on code?

  • @Product said:

    Things to do in Dead by Daylight:

    1) Get the RPD map working

    2) Make survivors less strong at high level play

    3) Reduce bloodpoint grind so that people don't have to play 3,000 hours to max out a character

    4) Fix indoor maps being terribly designed

    5) Fix ghost face's reveal mechanic

    6) Balance/fix terrible perks on both sides

    7) Buff terrible killers (Legion, Trapper, Clown)

    I think adding a gay survivor can wait

    Lore team and gameplay team do not impact each other in any meaningful way so lucky you, you get both

  • @Product said:

    Things to do in Dead by Daylight:

    1) Get the RPD map working

    2) Make survivors less strong at high level play

    3) Reduce bloodpoint grind so that people don't have to play 3,000 hours to max out a character

    4) Fix indoor maps being terribly designed

    5) Fix ghost face's reveal mechanic

    6) Balance/fix terrible perks on both sides

    7) Buff terrible killers (Legion, Trapper, Clown)

    I think adding a gay survivor can wait

    If the lore team is working on all that we have a huge problem

  • @Product said:

    Things to do in Dead by Daylight:

    1) Get the RPD map working

    2) Make survivors less strong at high level play

    3) Reduce bloodpoint grind so that people don't have to play 3,000 hours to max out a character

    4) Fix indoor maps being terribly designed

    5) Fix ghost face's reveal mechanic

    6) Balance/fix terrible perks on both sides

    7) Buff terrible killers (Legion, Trapper, Clown)

    I think adding a gay survivor can wait

    Adding a gay character can certainly wait. But then again that inclusion wouldn’t hinder any of your points at all.

    also.. how is that related to the topic?

  • @Product said:

    Things to do in Dead by Daylight:

    1) Get the RPD map working

    2) Make survivors less strong at high level play

    3) Reduce bloodpoint grind so that people don't have to play 3,000 hours to max out a character

    4) Fix indoor maps being terribly designed

    5) Fix ghost face's reveal mechanic

    6) Balance/fix terrible perks on both sides

    7) Buff terrible killers (Legion, Trapper, Clown)

    I think adding a gay survivor can wait

    The devs aren't cavemen, I'm sure they are perfectly capable of multitasking. Not only that, but with every character release, the devs are expected to write lore and give said character(s) a backstory, which is the perfect opportunity to incorporate the LGBT+ representation that they promised over a year ago.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319454#Comment_2319454

    @Marigoria

    You know what I think it's funny sad? When you claim you are part of the group asking for more representation, but only as long as it's with "less visibility".

    I never once used those two terms to address you, nor to "attack" you. I am simply baffled that you are so quick to pull out your LGBTQI+ card, all when I was trying to explain my use of the word "colorful" because you took it out of context in my original response.

    Keep making claims that I am calling you names though. I am sure eventually it'll stick.

    You called me "dear", which is very condescending and rude. You don't need to call someone a slur for it to be insulting.

    If you want people to read what you have to say, don't talk to people like they're below you.

    You shouldnt only want representation for LGBT people who think the same as you.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319473#Comment_2319473

    You called me "dear", which is very condescending and rude. You don't need to call someone a slur for it to be insulting.

    If you want people to read what you have to say, don't talk to people like they're below you.

    You shouldnt only want representation for LGBT people who think the same as you.

    You shouldnt only want representation for LGBT people who think the same as you.

    Isn't that what you're doing, though, by purposefully wanting to exclude LGBT people who happen to fit a certain stereotype?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319490#Comment_2319490

    You shouldnt only want representation for LGBT people who think the same as you.

    Isn't that what you're doing, though, by purposefully wanting to exclude LGBT people who happen to fit a certain stereotype?

    No it isnt. I wasn't the one @ someone and trying to tell them they were wrong for saying not all LGBT are visible.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319495#Comment_2319495

    No it isnt. I wasn't the one @ someone and trying to tell them they were wrong for saying not all LGBT are visible.

    So you are in favor of adding LGBT characters even if they happen to fit a certain stereotype (just like some real LGBT people)?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319497#Comment_2319497

    So you are in favor of adding LGBT characters even if they happen to fit a certain stereotype (just like some real LGBT people)?

    I'm in favor of having LGBT characters, as long as they don't look stereotypical/token, because that does more harm than actual inclusion, because it gives the message that to be LGBT you have to look a different way.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319478#Comment_2319478

    If it helps that's par for the course in threads like these

    Next time I'll express my opinion sooner so you won't have to repeat yourself


    Or at least, not with me

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319499#Comment_2319499

    I'm in favor of having LGBT characters, as long as they don't look stereotypical/token, because that does more harm than actual inclusion, because it gives the message that to be LGBT you have to look a different way.

    So no, you are not in favor of adding LGBT characters if they happen to fit a certain stereotype, even though some real-life LGBT people do fit certain stereotypes, which is what @Johnny_XMan has been saying. And then you told @Johnny_XMan that they shouldn't only want representation for LGBT people who think like they do, which is what you're doing.

    Just for the record, I don't think the first character should be stereotypical either (though I'm sure bad faith actors will pretend they are in order to stir up controversy). I like accuracy, however.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319499#Comment_2319499

    I'm in favor of having LGBT characters, as long as they don't look stereotypical/token, because that does more harm than actual inclusion, because it gives the message that to be LGBT you have to look a different way.


    @Marigoria

    You do realize how that sounds like you want certain traits look-wise to disappear simply because they happen to be the gay character right?

    Which is why I was calling you out in the first place, when I asked if you preferred a closeted gay person instead. Because it sounds to me like you have a problem with gay characters wearing colorful cosmetics virtually. Even though there are many characters who one could already "stereotype" based on the way they look in-game.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    Add an old lady! We don't have any! They can start by being more diverse with ages.

    why not? bill look quite old, we can have a retired russian kgb spy or something.

  • No politics, please.

  • Politics being part of a survivor's character is just asking for trouble

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319506#Comment_2319506

    So no, you are not in favor of adding LGBT characters if they happen to fit a certain stereotype, even though some real-life LGBT people do fit certain stereotypes, which is what @Johnny_XMan has been saying. And then you told @Johnny_XMan that they shouldn't only want representation for LGBT people who think like they do, which is what you're doing.

    Just for the record, I don't think the first character should be stereotypical either (though I'm sure bad faith actors will pretend they are in order to stir up controversy). I like accuracy, however.

    Stereotypes are harmful 90% of the time. So no, I'm not in favor of adding something that will be a stereotype/token.

  • No? Rainbow flag is everywhere. It's not wrong, but it's political.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319506#Comment_2319506

    So no, you are not in favor of adding LGBT characters if they happen to fit a certain stereotype, even though some real-life LGBT people do fit certain stereotypes, which is what @Johnny_XMan has been saying. And then you told @Johnny_XMan that they shouldn't only want representation for LGBT people who think like they do, which is what you're doing.

    Just for the record, I don't think the first character should be stereotypical either (though I'm sure bad faith actors will pretend they are in order to stir up controversy). I like accuracy, however.

    @Orion

    I was just getting ready to type this, but you beat me to it. 😂

  • @DBD78 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319525#Comment_2319525

    No? Rainbow flag is everywhere. It's not wrong, but it's political.

    Gay people existing has nothing to do with politics

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319516#Comment_2319516

    Stereotypes are harmful 90% of the time. So no, I'm not in favor of adding something that will be a stereotype/token.

    Well, there you go, that's all you had to say.

    Again, I happen to agree with you.

  • isn't it weird that we have to kill the LGBT+ community in DBD? Like if your adding gay survivors, its essentially a hate crime in a game centered around survivors being punished by the entity. i dunno it seems off to me that you guys want your representatives to continuously die and be tormented.

  • @DBD78 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319525#Comment_2319525

    No? Rainbow flag is everywhere. It's not wrong, but it's political.

    LGBT people existing is not political, though. You want actual, real-world politics.

  • Same with people who wants peace and freedom in their own country.

  • @Alexmon70 said:

    isn't it weird that we have to kill the LGBT+ community in DBD? Like if your adding gay survivors, its essentially a hate crime in a game centered around survivors being punished by the entity. i dunno it seems off to me that you guys want your representatives to continuously die and be tormented.

    You should look up what hate crimes actually are. It's not a hate crime to kill virtual characters in a video game. It might be harassment of the players playing as those characters, but it's certainly not a hate crime.

  • ....okay? Nobody said that. But pretending that the symbol of a movement dedicated to change society and legislation in their favor wasn´t political is kinda delusional.

  • @Alexmon70 said:

    isn't it weird that we have to kill the LGBT+ community in DBD? Like if your adding gay survivors, its essentially a hate crime in a game centered around survivors being punished by the entity. i dunno it seems off to me that you guys want your representatives to continuously die and be tormented.

    Just because a gay person gets attacked, doesn't automatically mean that their sexuality was what provoked the attack.

  • @jester20k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2318937#Comment_2318937

    Wow snowflake much? I'm hardly represented anywhere, it's a diverse ass world out there, I don't mind what bhvr has done whatsoever, besides the pride flag looking too pristine they should bloody it up like every other charm, but I don't understand the obsession

    Yep, you got me. Total snowflake. Or you just don't like being called out on your privilege and homophobia. It's fine, honey. Nothing new.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319537#Comment_2319537

    You should look up what hate crimes actually are. It's not a hate crime to kill virtual characters in a video game. It might be harassment of the players playing as those characters, but it's certainly not a hate crime.

    i know what a hate crime is, I was just trying to prove a point. bad example. but you understand what I mean.

  • @FengisKawaii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319533#Comment_2319533

    ....okay? Nobody said that. But pretending that the symbol of a movement dedicated to change society and legislation in their favor wasn´t political is kinda delusional.

    They compared the acknowledgement of LGBT+ people existing to nationalism, how is that not implying that it's political?

  • @DBD78 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319525#Comment_2319525

    No? Rainbow flag is everywhere. It's not wrong, but it's political.

    @dspaceman20 you called this bit too

    (btw gay people existing isn't political and if people weren't ######### for the majority of history it wouldn't even be an issue today ❤️)

  • I think BHVR should focus on creating unique and creatively designed characters with compelling backstories. Whatever traits, characteristics or mannerisms that entails is all fine so long as it's well written and done because the people behind it genuinely love the idea.

    At the end of the day, the art and design team of BHVR has always been consistantly good (even if the game itself is in a rough state right now).

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319543#Comment_2319543

    They compared the acknowledgement of LGBT+ people existing to nationalism, how is that not implying that it's political?

    They were referring to the flag though and not the existance of said people. The flag happens to be used as a political symbol.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319529#Comment_2319529

    @dspaceman20 you called this bit too

    (btw gay people existing isn't political and if people weren't ######### for the majority of history it wouldn't even be an issue today ❤️)

    No people being gay is not political, but the rainbow flag movement promoting the flag everywhere very much is. I'm not against it but it is political and they have lot's of politicians and media behind them so it's very much a political thing.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319529#Comment_2319529

    @dspaceman20 you called this bit too

    (btw gay people existing isn't political and if people weren't ######### for the majority of history it wouldn't even be an issue today ❤️)

    It's like a checklist. I swear you can play bingo with the way how every post on lgbt goes on the forum.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    I think BHVR should focus on creating unique and creatively designed characters with compelling backstories. Whatever traits, characteristics or mannerisms that entails is all fine so long as it's well written and done because the people behind it genuinely love the idea.

    At the end of the day, the art and design team of BHVR has always been consistantly good (even if the game itself is in a rough state right now).

    I agree with this completely. Thank you for being reasonable and rational about this.

  • Please keep politics out of the discussion and keep it civil, thank you.

    And it saddens me that I have to state this once again, but people's identity is not a political matter, don't treat it as such, thank you.

  • @GoodBoyKaru look another one for the checklist

    The moderator that will come in to tell people to be civil but no one will listen.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    @GoodBoyKaru look another one for the checklist

    The moderator that will come in to tell people to be civil but no one will listen.

    All people have to do is ignore those trying to take the thread off-topic.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    I think BHVR should focus on creating unique and creatively designed characters with compelling backstories. Whatever traits, characteristics or mannerisms that entails is all fine so long as it's well written and done because the people behind it genuinely love the idea.

    At the end of the day, the art and design team of BHVR has always been consistantly good (even if the game itself is in a rough state right now).

    This!

    so much!

    i don’t know why people are so against this…

1 2 3 4 5 6