Wraith needs 0 skill

I'm done with wraith, every single time i go against wraith its always wraith with 0 skill, they just play the hit and run playstyle and tunnel me. How does wraith require any skill, please explain i want to be proven wrong. I think i am pretty damn good survivor. Like there is no possible way to get any chase interaction against wraith, they either abandon the loop or caught you when you are in extremly unsafe loop, or complete deadzone.

Comments

  • Here we go.

    Spirit is not longer the OP killer. Now Wraith also "takes 0 skill".

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244405#Comment_2244405

    You probably just never saw Wraith enough to notice how strong his post stealth lunge is.

    Literally nothing has changed about it from everything I could find on it. You're just seeing it enough to notice as pretty much no one but tru played Wraith.

    So people who play this game for a living and pretty much play him daily just made it up. Okay gotcha 👍🏻

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244442#Comment_2244442

    So people who play this game for a living and pretty much play him daily just made it up. Okay gotcha 👍🏻

    Given how many people(Including content creators) think freddy has a longer then normal lunge range...Yes!

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244454#Comment_2244454

    Given how many people(Including content creators) think freddy has a longer then normal lunge range...Yes!

    Thanks but I'll believe people who play the game for a living and also my own experience from playing the game for four years.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244074#Comment_2244074

    I've found that in general (I'm not referring to any of you here, I'm not specifying anybody at all because I don't remember names), killer mains feel protective of the Wraith because he was allegedly bottom of the barrel terrible before this recent buff, even though they also argue that the buff was hardly anything and that the Wraith is now only "barely B or C tier", etc. It's a bit hyperbolic.

    That said, a lot of survivor mains (including myself) have sometimes been hyperbolic about how godlike the Wraith feels now. I've laid out my reasons for why the character is cheap (I mean it speaks for itself really, the character is super fast, almost completely invisible, all but silent, no longer has to use the bell which was the one warning you had to get up and run, and can lunge super fast from cloaking to hit you). It all seems like a bit much. People make similar arguments against the Spirit constantly and there's often little or no argument. But I guess the Wraith was dismissed by a large portion of the community once better killers came along, and not many people want to admit that now that he's been buffed, he's incredibly cheap.

    Others can agree with me and that's fine, I'm not changing my mind and I don't aim to change anyone else's. I write this post not to argue, but to encourage you not to. The people who think that Wraith is fine or poor will continue to think so, and that's their prerogative. You and I can think differently, which is our prerogative. There's support on both sides so don't take it personally.

    I honestly feel like I can just turn my brain off and go easy mode when I play wraith.

    Im not a great killer by any means but wraith is by far the easiest killer to play now with the most potential. His map pressure is rather insane, and his lunge....

    I don’t want to say that he’s oppressive as I’ve had quite a few games against him and as him where his weaknesses can become very apparent, but when played in the hit and run style, he feels extremely strong.

  • @S0nny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244113#Comment_2244113

    how the ######### does it take skill to look if the loop is safe or unsafe and just abandon the person and find another person out of position, and you are also agreeing that wraith has 0 chase interaction and 0 fun to go against.

    How does it require skill to hold w and run around a loop until the killer gets too close and then press space? Just wondering what your point of view is here.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244461#Comment_2244461

    Thanks but I'll believe people who play the game for a living and also my own experience from playing the game for four years.

    Sounds like you can't have your own opinion nor do your own research on the topic as all of mine research points to nothing having changed.

    People are fallible including the creators you seem to worship.

    So get your own opinion instead of echoing what they have said.

  • Leave the Bing-Bong boys alone

  • I tried to play as him and it is so easy to sneak up on survivors and hook them afterwards. Such an unbalanced killer, he used to be better

  • @miketheratguy said:

    I find Wraith profoundly tedious now. I feel like disconnecting every time I see him (don't worry, I don't. But I desperately want to). Win or lose, I have zero fun facing him. Zero. I just stress out. I feel agitated. When he's not around I'm looking all over the place like "when's he gonna show up for his free hit"? When I'm not doing that, I'm taking the free hit and / or being downed by the second one.

    I know, I know. Bla bla, git gud, run loops better, whatever. I don't care. I can't stand the character anymore. Fighting him is just a cheap pain in the ass.

    Tbf, you can't run loops vs wraith anymore.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244095#Comment_2244095

    No not all killer mains. I have only used mine with tier 1/2 perks and yellow/brown add-ons and I still think he's A-tier. That's playing at rank 1 as well so if I had not prestiged him before the buff and had good/great perks I could not imagine. My son has been climbing up the ranks using wraith with some top perks BBQ, corrupt, sloppy and idr the last pretty darn fast and he never got past like 7 🙄 but between the lack of competition and wraith be so strong he will probably jump another spot or two. He is 13 survivors step yo game up this aint fortnite smash his ego.

    LOL that last comment. XD

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244198#Comment_2244198

    I like the survivor gameplay in general, not just the chases.

    I can't stand chases because I don't like to loop. By definition a successful loop is either being good enough to waste the killer's time for a while or to get away. I get away sometimes, I guess I'm moderate at this skill. But tying the killer up? Back and forth for five minutes? Ugh. I wouldn't do it even if I could. To me that's not even playing the game, it's tag simulator. Hell not even tag simulator, it's American Ninja simulator.

    Having said that, the chase against the Wraith usually begins by being whacked before you even know he's there. And I don't get the argument that "you should always know he's there if you're good". Maybe if you're spinning the camera 360 degrees around yourself at all times through the entire match, constantly and without end, looking for the tiny little 15 percent shimmer that races up to you from out of nowhere, on maps full of obstacles and atmospheric effects, at 150 percent speed, sure. And then there are people who say "just be by a window". Crap, that's a good point, I should start carrying those around so I'm always near one. Or "you can hear his breathing". Right, again, from a hundred feet away rushing at you from any possible direction at 150 percent speed. Over the sound of generators.

    I'm sorry but the people who minimize the Wraith as easy to counter and "B or C tier" consist of two types:

    1. Experts
    2. Killer mains who are desperate for the character to be anything other than, in their opinion, garbage (oh no, he M1, he so bad), and thus will aggressively defend ANY improvement to him regardless of how cheap it makes him

    @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2243995#Comment_2243995

    His post stealth lunge is literally unchanged from the buffs.

    I can't speak for the data, and I can't speak for anyone else's experiences. All I know is that he didn't totally piss me off before a few weeks ago, roughly at the same time a bunch of other players noticed that he pisses them off too.

  • I definitely wouldn't know, as it's my weakest point while playing this game.

    And to be fair I will cop to the fact that if I WERE better at looping I wouldn't hate the Wraith as much as I do know, it's totally valid to say that I need to get better (I'm only about 400 hours in). That said, he didn't feel profoundly cheap before and now he does. That's all I know. I start a match, I carefully make my way around trying to ascertain who the killer is, I try not to jump on a gen right away. Eventually I get on one, or join someone else on OH NO THERE'S THE BELL (if I'm lucky), BAM, free hit, time to run. Okay, it's a Wraith match. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

    @Nebula said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244095#Comment_2244095

    I honestly feel like I can just turn my brain off and go easy mode when I play wraith.

    Im not a great killer by any means but wraith is by far the easiest killer to play now with the most potential. His map pressure is rather insane, and his lunge....

    I don’t want to say that he’s oppressive as I’ve had quite a few games against him and as him where his weaknesses can become very apparent, but when played in the hit and run style, he feels extremely strong.

    Thank you for that balanced, reasonable summary.

  • Learn to play survivor. It does not take skill either.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244202#Comment_2244202

    LOL that last comment. XD

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244289#Comment_2244289

    I can't stand chases because I don't like to loop. By definition a successful loop is either being good enough to waste the killer's time for a while or to get away. I get away sometimes, I guess I'm moderate at this skill. But tying the killer up? Back and forth for five minutes? Ugh. I wouldn't do it even if I could. To me that's not even playing the game, it's tag simulator. Hell not even tag simulator, it's American Ninja simulator.

    Having said that, the chase against the Wraith usually begins by being whacked before you even know he's there. And I don't get the argument that "you should always know he's there if you're good". Maybe if you're spinning the camera 360 degrees around yourself at all times through the entire match, constantly and without end, looking for the tiny little 15 percent shimmer that races up to you from out of nowhere, on maps full of obstacles and atmospheric effects, at 150 percent speed, sure. And then there are people who say "just be by a window". Crap, that's a good point, I should start carrying those around so I'm always near one. Or "you can hear his breathing". Right, again, from a hundred feet away rushing at you from any possible direction at 150 percent speed. Over the sound of generators.

    I'm sorry but the people who minimize the Wraith as easy to counter and "B or C tier" consist of two types:

    1. Experts
    2. Killer mains who are desperate for the character to be anything other than, in their opinion, garbage (oh no, he M1, he so bad), and thus will aggressively defend ANY improvement to him regardless of how cheap it makes him

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244387#Comment_2244387

    I can't speak for the data, and I can't speak for anyone else's experiences. All I know is that he didn't totally piss me off before a few weeks ago, roughly at the same time a bunch of other players noticed that he pisses them off too.

    My guess as for why Wraith is pissing you off now:

    Your seeing him more.

    Simply put until the recent changes(Higher base Slightly weaker max power) Wraith was very unpopular and rarely played.

    This happens with literally every kill that becomes "Flavor of the Month" every single time they become said "Flavor of the Month"

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244479#Comment_2244479

    Sounds like you can't have your own opinion nor do your own research on the topic as all of mine research points to nothing having changed.

    People are fallible including the creators you seem to worship.

    So get your own opinion instead of echoing what they have said.

    I just said my own experience of playing the game for four years or did you just ignore that.

  • I still can't believe we live in an age where WRAITH is considered overpowered. Even if its just by forum trolls.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244548#Comment_2244548

    My guess as for why Wraith is pissing you off now:

    Your seeing him more.

    Simply put until the recent changes(Higher base Slightly weaker max power) Wraith was very unpopular and rarely played.

    This happens with literally every kill that becomes "Flavor of the Month" every single time they become said "Flavor of the Month"

    I accept these possibilities to a point, yes. I definitely AM seeing him more. I honestly don't know why he wasn't popular before, I mean how much more does a killer need than super speed and invisibility? I think, from what I've gathered (since SO many people complain about "M1") that over time, as new killers were added to the old original ones, gameplay became more complex and interesting so perhaps the ones like Wraith were seen as dull. Or maybe people got sick of him, I don't know how long it was before the more complicated and / or licensed characters came along.

    So I mean I can understand if people just got bored of him or whatever. I see complaints about Trapper as well (which also confounds me, as I've seen some DEEEEVIOUS Trappers out there whose skill I can't help but respect). Meanwhile Billy seems beloved, if supposedly ignored.

    Wraith, though? I mean it seems like he'd be the go-to killer for easy 4Ks. Just speed all over the place while invisible and kill everybody. If it wasn't that easy, that tells me that he DID change to become much more cheap. That makes me believe that there WAS a more pronounced pause before his uncloak and his lunge. Plus, before the buff, I never saw a Wraith that could cloak and uncloak without the bell, which is basically his only reliable tell.

    So I mean yeah, your observation has merit, but as I said to the other user, I can only report what I've experienced. I do hope you're right in that he's just the flavor of the month and I'll stop seeing him so much though. I started playing at kind of a bad time - within a few days of the All-Kill chapter - so my first month of play was Trickster 15 times a day. He's forever ruined for me (not that I like anything about him to begin with), I'd like it if The Wraith didn't go down the same path. I don't care if I win or lose, I honestly don't. I just want matches to feel fair. And now, when I face the Wraith, they don't.

  • @justalilbit123 said:

    I still can't believe we live in an age where WRAITH is considered overpowered. Even if its just by forum trolls.

    Wraith was considered overpowered when the game launched as well, as I mentioned.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244518#Comment_2244518

    I just said my own experience of playing the game for four years or did you just ignore that.

    Its really hard for me or really anyone to believe that when 90% of what your saying is: "Content creators said X is real so it must be real."

    Please reread your own comments as it really freaking hard to believe this is coming from your own experiences with how much you seem to rely on the word of content creators.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244590#Comment_2244590

    Wraith was considered overpowered when the game launched as well, as I mentioned.

    Every killer was considered overpowered when the game launched, even when killer shack had 2 windows, game had no entity blocker and you could fast vault just by holding shift, all loops had 2 pallets, people still managed to die and cry op killer.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2243995#Comment_2243995

    His post stealth lunge is literally unchanged from the buffs.

    This is untrue. While it didn't happen at the same time, Wraith's movement speed bonus was increased by .25 seconds. Which means his post stealth lunge is better.

    This happened at the same time he got his true invisibility past 20+ meters.

    Source, I'm a Wraith main.

    Or, I used to be, Demo is taking that spot.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244575#Comment_2244575

    Its really hard for me or really anyone to believe that when 90% of what your saying is: "Content creators said X is real so it must be real."

    Please reread your own comments as it really freaking hard to believe this is coming from your own experiences with how much you seem to rely on the word of content creators.

    And I also said my own experience so it comes from both. I've played this game for four years I knew his lunge was buffed when he was buffed content creators simply backed that up and confirmed I was right.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244387#Comment_2244387

    This is untrue. While it didn't happen at the same time, Wraith's movement speed bonus was increased by .25 seconds. Which means his post stealth lunge is better.

    This happened at the same time he got his true invisibility past 20+ meters.

    Source, I'm a Wraith main.

    Or, I used to be, Demo is taking that spot.

    I have found no where that says that not have i found any evidence of it.

    So idk what your getting that from.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244535#Comment_2244535

    I definitely wouldn't know, as it's my weakest point while playing this game.

    And to be fair I will cop to the fact that if I WERE better at looping I wouldn't hate the Wraith as much as I do know, it's totally valid to say that I need to get better (I'm only about 400 hours in). That said, he didn't feel profoundly cheap before and now he does. That's all I know. I start a match, I carefully make my way around trying to ascertain who the killer is, I try not to jump on a gen right away. Eventually I get on one, or join someone else on OH NO THERE'S THE BELL (if I'm lucky), BAM, free hit, time to run. Okay, it's a Wraith match. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244482#Comment_2244482

    Thank you for that balanced, reasonable summary.

    That's fair. I'm a decent looper and find there's nothing you can do against him, even in loops, ignoring his cheap, free hit in a deadzone, because he can just block the pallet and uncloak, and you can't even mindgame him to get some distance as he zooms around it.

  • @justalilbit123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244593#Comment_2244593

    Every killer was considered overpowered when the game launched, even when killer shack had 2 windows, game had no entity blocker and you could fast vault just by holding shift, all loops had 2 pallets, people still managed to die and cry op killer.

    I know, but the Wraith was a special case because of the nature of the complaints. Specifically, that he "ignored game mechanics" (in reference to the terror radius). It's the same complaint you might hear regarding the Nurse, Spirit, Huntress, and so on, because survivors (talking about the vocal ones who complain nonstop about killers) expect every killer to be exactly the same.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244620#Comment_2244620

    I have found no where that says that not have i found any evidence of it.

    So idk what your getting that from.

    Typically when a killer's movement speed is buffed pre-lunge (look at demo, for example) it actually means they're moving faster with their lunge and hence, can go further in the same amount of time with it. Buffing his base speed did 100% buff his lunge.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244620#Comment_2244620

    I have found no where that says that not have i found any evidence of it.

    So idk what your getting that from.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/225035/wraith-got-another-slight-buff#latest

    It happened here in the 4.5.0 update. The top is my discussion about it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/274-4-5-0-mid-chapter

    Here are the actual Patch Notes.

    The Wraith:

    While cloaked, the Wraith is completely invisible (no shimmer) to Survivors when more than 20m away


    Increased the duration of the uncloak speed boost from 1.0s to 1.25s


    Restored a missing bone-rattle sound cue at the beginning of the Wraith's cloaking animation (sometimes referred to as "bell tech")


    Fixed an issue where the Wraith would appear to uncloak completely while kicking a generator or breaking a pallet or wall while cloaked. The Wraith now only uncloaks the necessary bits.


    Fixed an issue that caused the Wraith's add-on "The Serpent" to reset the uncloaking progress after completing an interaction. It will now leave the Wraith completely uncloaked and able to attack, and trigger an uncloak speed boost, after damaging a generator or breaking a pallet or wall.


  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244649#Comment_2244649

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/225035/wraith-got-another-slight-buff#latest

    It happened here in the 4.5.0 update. The top is my discussion about it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/274-4-5-0-mid-chapter

    Here are the actual Patch Notes.

    The Wraith:

    While cloaked, the Wraith is completely invisible (no shimmer) to Survivors when more than 20m away

    Increased the duration of the uncloak speed boost from 1.0s to 1.25s

    Restored a missing bone-rattle sound cue at the beginning of the Wraith's cloaking animation (sometimes referred to as "bell tech")

    Fixed an issue where the Wraith would appear to uncloak completely while kicking a generator or breaking a pallet or wall while cloaked. The Wraith now only uncloaks the necessary bits.

    Fixed an issue that caused the Wraith's add-on "The Serpent" to reset the uncloaking progress after completing an interaction. It will now leave the Wraith completely uncloaked and able to attack, and trigger an uncloak speed boost, after damaging a generator or breaking a pallet or wall.

    That's not what everyone is referring too.

    As people are saying his most recent change buffed his lunge which there is no evidence of such a change.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244662#Comment_2244662

    That's not what everyone is referring too.

    As people are saying his most recent change buffed his lunge which there is no evidence of such a change.

    His post uncloak speed boost directly affects his lunge. It just gives him a little more wiggle room.

    His actual lunge buffed? Not in length, no, but it's easier to use.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244548#Comment_2244548

    Do you play without headphones? Even before the buff I never bothered looking for the shimmer. You can still hear his super loud footsteps and snarling. 150% speed was already the speed survivors got used to because every Wraith under the sun would run purple Windstorm before the buff, so it's nothing new.

    He's good now because: 1. He has a bit better chasing potential. 2. He has now a free addon slot, and Wraith has tons of good addons. Sure, that's a huge thing, but not even close to make him oppressive or getting free hits.

    To be fair, yes, I do play without headphones. On one hand I don't think that headphones should be mandatory in order to know that a killer is coming, but I also can't lie and say that throwing a pair on wouldn't make things easier.

    I hadn't really thought of it before but I HAVE seen many people say "you can hear his footsteps from a mile away" and I was always like "what? He doesn't even MAKE footsteps". I didn't factor in that the majority of players probably play the game with some kind of headset.

    @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244553#Comment_2244553

    That's fair. I'm a decent looper and find there's nothing you can do against him, even in loops, ignoring his cheap, free hit in a deadzone, because he can just block the pallet and uncloak, and you can't even mindgame him to get some distance as he zooms around it.

    That's exactly it. I see people complain constantly about Spirit (which is fine, I'm not the hugest fan of playing against her either) but from my perspective they're essentially the same. They're fast, they're quiet, they can disappear at will, and basically once they've smacked you your game is over.

    Again, I will readily admit that I need more practice with the game. I'm sure that I've got less experience than 95 percent of the people who wave Nu-Wraith off as no big deal. But I can't help but throw up my hands and say "the guy is invisible until he isn't, then he hits me before I can get away". I mean I posted a video a few weeks ago of me running away SO fast that all you see is a millisecond of his toes uncloaking - literally, you had to know right where to look and all you saw was the very end of just one of his feet starting to sparkle into view - and he still managed to catch right up to (though at least I missed the initial lunge I guess).

    An almost completely invisible, almost completely silent (at least without headphones) killer who moves 50% faster than the player, can use aura perks to see you AND uncloak silently and lunge at you so fast that if he's even a few feet from you the INSTANT you notice that he's about to uncloak it still isn't enough time to get away? I mean...can we just go one step further and bring him to S tier by giving him heat-seeking nuclear missiles too?

  • Yes and no.

    He's a easy killer to play, you simply have to collide a window or a pallet to avoid a loop.

    But you also have to use its invisibility to apply pressure on the map correctly since it gives you a slight % of speed.

  • I'm just glad he's easy to play. This means more survivors will switch to killer.

  • But Wraith's gameplay is hit and run.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    But Wraith's gameplay is hit and run.

    Shhh. It's easier to say a killer has 0 skill than accept that not all killers chase the same and playing accordingly.

  • I gonna be honest here, if you're constantly getting caught out of position and/or taking hits from his lunge at unsafe pallets, that's the Wraith playing very well and/or you not realising you should be predropping unsafe pallets to make sure the Wraith can't take control and use his lunge in the first place.

  • @S0nny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244085#Comment_2244085

    I mean i do this too, but i've played against 20 wraiths in like 2 days and i had chase interaction that lasted longer than 10 seconds against one of the wraiths and he was rank 17, and i've played against 10 or so deathslinger/spirits and i had longer chase interactions against them and all rank 1.

    @S0nny

    Something is off with those scenarios.

    Either the Spirit/Deathslingers were bad or the Wraiths were better than them.

    Which is why you can’t really base your statistics on player by player case scenarios. Because I am willing to bet an experienced Spirit will always obliterate before an experienced Wraith does. I base this on the fact that unlike Wraith whose first hit outside of his cloak is delayed, vs Spirit who comes out and immediately hits.

  • I wouldn't say Wraith requires 0 skill. But I've always found the hit and run strategy extremely boring, most notably on in-door maps. Without Spinechill or possibly SWF giving great comms, it's a guessing game when he's coming for his next free hit.

    This playstyle has been buffed since you can't see him coming anymore until he is very close. It's just very boring. There is little to no chases, just me repairing a generator wondering when the Wraith will get his next free hit/down. Rinse and repeat. I really don't like getting hit for free.

  • Wraith is more fun then killers with a tr. He keeps you on your toes unless you play with early detection perks, more engaging than hearing the killer before you can see them.

  • @Sweet_Potato said:

    I just DC against wraith. It's not because I am a bad survivor. I have 2500 hours in this game, but I would rather take the DC penalty than playing against a BORING 0 skill killer. And it literally takes no skill to play wraith. To calculate the uncloak spot requires the same skill level as to hit the charges playing as Bubba. Literally 0.

    That was the reason Wraith was my first main killer 2 years ago. Because playing Nurse, Billy or Huntress etc. actually required some skill while Wraith allowed me to get into the red ranks without any effort and to perform there well except facing SWFs. And that Wraith was considered garbage tier...

    New wraith still sucks against good SWFs but he makes the game unplayable for solo Qs due to their lack of coordination.

    lol maybe you're just bad survivor

  • @SoapNSpook said:

    I tried to play as him and it is so easy to sneak up on survivors and hook them afterwards. Such an unbalanced killer, he used to be better

    That is if the survivor is a noob for the most part, then yes.

  • Only problem i have with wraith is his all seeing add on. I don't think he needs it hkenstly and should be reworked other than that he's fine. You can still loop him but wraith requiring no skill? What a joke. Thats what happens when you can't bully wraiths anymore.

  • @Marik13 said:

    Isn't...that...kinda the whole point of a...stealth...killer? To do hit and runs/ambush tactics?

    @Marik13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2243956#Comment_2243956

    Apparently stealth killers are supposed to announce their presence beforehand and then engage in a round of fisticuffs out in the middle of the cornfield where there are no gens and only strong pallets and loops. Apparently I have been playing stealth killers wrong all this time.

    This comment got me rolling 💀

  • @S0nny said:

    ggs, thank you for not proving me wrong

    The only thing you've proven is that you're upset about ONE killer (Just like the rest of this community) in a game that has 22 other killers with a new one on the way. You aren't the only one that hates a specific killer. I hate trickster and you don't see me all up in arms and making a post about it.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    I gonna be honest here, if you're constantly getting caught out of position and/or taking hits from his lunge at unsafe pallets, that's the Wraith playing very well and/or you not realising you should be predropping unsafe pallets to make sure the Wraith can't take control and use his lunge in the first place.

    You're gonna get hit though if you don't stun on an unsafe pallet.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244812#Comment_2244812

    You're gonna get hit though if you don't stun on an unsafe pallet.

    "Unsafe pallet" usually being "pallets that killers can play after they are thrown", not just pallets where the killer respects it and gets a free hit.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245444#Comment_2245444

    "Unsafe pallet" usually being "pallets that killers can play after they are thrown", not just pallets where the killer respects it and gets a free hit.

    That's a safe pallet.

    I was going by the standard def of an unsafe pallet that if doesn't stun a killer, the killer can get the hit on you while you're locked in animation.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245447#Comment_2245447

    That's a safe pallet.

    I was going by the standard def of an unsafe pallet that if doesn't stun a killer, the killer can get the hit on you while you're locked in animation.

    I haven't seen the term used like that in years, normally a safe pallet is one that has to be broken, a god pallet is one that can just be camped once it's thrown, and an unsafe pallet is one that can actually be played or else it's not and never has been a "safe pallet", a la car loops and most junk tiles.

    Of course, most loops are safe pallets with the bloody reworks. You don't need to throw Hay tiles to counter Wraiths lunge any more, for example, because they're so stupidly big.

  • @S0nny said:

    I'm done with wraith, every single time i go against wraith its always wraith with 0 skill, they just play the hit and run playstyle and tunnel me. How does wraith require any skill, please explain i want to be proven wrong. I think i am pretty damn good survivor. Like there is no possible way to get any chase interaction against wraith, they either abandon the loop or caught you when you are in extremly unsafe loop, or complete deadzone.

    He doesn't I used to main him and played him once after the buff but didn't like it they made him too easy all I have to do is cloak mid chase and unclean to get my boost and lunge range and I 4k it's bor8mg at least before I had to use my head and think is this chase worth it.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2245451#Comment_2245451

    I haven't seen the term used like that in years, normally a safe pallet is one that has to be broken, a god pallet is one that can just be camped once it's thrown, and an unsafe pallet is one that can actually be played or else it's not and never has been a "safe pallet", a la car loops and most junk tiles.

    Of course, most loops are safe pallets with the bloody reworks. You don't need to throw Hay tiles to counter Wraiths lunge any more, for example, because they're so stupidly big.

    Not sure how that definition has changed with or without reworks. The interaction has been the same for years. Safe and god pallets are mutually exclusive.

    There are pallets that are safe because if you loop absolutely perfectly it takes bloodlust to get the hit or break pallet. God pallets cannot result in a hit even with t3 bl. That's the difference between them.

    Unsafe is unsafe because if the killer plays correctly it will result in a hit regardless of survivor skill.

    Show me some picture examples of what you differentiate between safe and unsafe. I certainly don't call car loops unsafe lol. Pallet between two small rocks? unsafe.

  • @Kirkylad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2244387#Comment_2244387

    It was changed because I watched content creators comment on it thinking it was a bug and it wouldn't go live, but it did.

    You mean the bugged lunge that was short and broken because it did nothing? Or the fix where they patched it after the rework to work as intended?

1 2 3