Blight's J-flick is gone.

image.png

At least that's what I'm getting from these patch notes. Also, he should be much nicer to play on console, so thanks to everyone for bringing attention to his serious issues there (particularly @Bloodshade for their really in-depth thread on the matter).

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • Trappers mask bug is gone too ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ญ

  • This content has been removed.
  • @nursewannabe said:

    Trappers mask bug is gone too ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ญ

    now this is the tragic bit of the patch notes :'(

  • @nursewannabe said:

    Trappers mask bug is gone too ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ญ

    We cant have good things in the fog...

  • Not only was it fixed, but they added something for our console friends

    That's a win win

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Not only was it fixed, but they added something for our console friends

    That's a win win

    I think this is the same like they did with Oni back then.

  • Neat.

    Nice to see they're thinking of console players. Hopefully they can find some way of making Trickster playable on controller. From what I've heard it's a real trial in patience.

    I only played against a Blight that actively admitted to J flicking once and while it was impressive it made playing against him not very fun and had no real counter unless you knew they'd go for it ahead of time.

  • Someone please show us some clips on how blight plays on console now.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Not only was it fixed, but they added something for our console friends

    That's a win win

    it really is

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    Neat.

    Nice to see they're thinking of console players. Hopefully they can find some way of making Trickster playable on controller. From what I've heard it's a real trial in patience.

    I only played against a Blight that actively admitted to J flicking once and while it was impressive it made playing against him not very fun and had no real counter unless you knew they'd go for it ahead of time.

    It really is. Praying for the day we get actual cross progression so I can enjoy Trickster. Hey, maybe by then he'll have something for mobility.

  • @Yords said:

    Someone please show us some clips on how blight plays on console now.

    I don't play on console but I do play on PC with a controller so this is nice to see, maybe this paired with he POV change will get me to play him more, as it is now I did his achievements and time challenges and haven't touched him since.

  • @JHondo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179713#Comment_2179713

    I don't play on console but I do play on PC with a controller so this is nice to see, maybe this paired with he POV change will get me to play him more, as it is now I did his achievements and time challenges and haven't touched him since.

    now all they need to do is fix his collision

  • @AnneBonny said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179712#Comment_2179712

    It really is. Praying for the day we get actual cross progression so I can enjoy Trickster. Hey, maybe by then he'll have something for mobility.

    It's been a solid year since I moved to PC and still no news of Cross Progression for Xbox, I can understand why no PS because Sony is weird about it. But I refuse to believe MS said no. They aren't that type of company anymore.

    Really miss my Rift 1-4 and shop cosmetics, I had a ton of them. Not to mention all those maxed out killers. Felt kind of cheated that Switch got it despite being released for significantly less time.

  • Like the picnic tables and snow mounds or rock piles that you just slide off of?

  • Best news I've seen all week. Now certain Blight mains are going to have to learn to play the killer.

  • Imagine dodging instead of hugging walls repeatedly. Sigh.... Must delete skill expression

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Imagine dodging instead of hugging walls repeatedly. Sigh.... Must delete skill expression

    oh no they fixed an exploit what an absolute tragedy.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Best news I've seen all week. Now certain Blight mains are going to have to learn to play the killer.

    Just slap ruin undying tinkerer and the perks will do the job anyway

  • @JHondo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179730#Comment_2179730

    Like the picnic tables and snow mounds or rock piles that you just slide off of?

    like the everything you slide off

    getting adept blight was one of the most painful experiences of my life and i only got it because hawkins was like "yeah nah youre not using your power this game"

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Imagine dodging instead of hugging walls repeatedly. Sigh.... Must delete skill expression

    Imagine a thing called autoaim existing

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179725#Comment_2179725

    It's been a solid year since I moved to PC and still no news of Cross Progression for Xbox, I can understand why no PS because Sony is weird about it. But I refuse to believe MS said no. They aren't that type of company anymore.

    Really miss my Rift 1-4 and shop cosmetics, I had a ton of them. Not to mention all those maxed out killers. Felt kind of cheated that Switch got it despite being released for significantly less time.

    Yeah, hell I'd be happy to not even have progress transferred, if I could have all of my stuff on PC I'd have no reason to go back. I'm not giving up my Dwightcrow though, so I'm stuck on PS4 for the most part. Did finally buy it on PC though, probably gonna use that one for playing new chapters.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UAIZTBRKSQV4/image.png

    At least that's what I'm getting from these patch notes. Also, he should be much nicer to play on console, so thanks to everyone for bringing attention to his serious issues there (particularly @Bloodshade for their really in-depth thread on the matter).

    Happy console blight noises :) i may have to revert my pfp

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179725#Comment_2179725

    It's been a solid year since I moved to PC and still no news of Cross Progression for Xbox, I can understand why no PS because Sony is weird about it. But I refuse to believe MS said no. They aren't that type of company anymore.

    Really miss my Rift 1-4 and shop cosmetics, I had a ton of them. Not to mention all those maxed out killers. Felt kind of cheated that Switch got it despite being released for significantly less time.

    Huh? Switch got it? I think you mean... well, I don't know. But I've been waiting about a year for it to be released lmao

    At this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if they said "yeah... actually... no... we aren't doing cross progression. Sorry!"

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179734#Comment_2179734

    Huh? Switch got it? I think you mean... well, I don't know. But I've been waiting about a year for it to be released lmao

    At this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if they said "yeah... actually... no... we aren't doing cross progression. Sorry!"

    switch were going to get it but then uh... yeah i guess we just gotta wait a bit longer?

  • As a console Blight enjoyer, I can't wait to see what they did to Talbot! I really hope now we can keep up with Pc Bights.

    And they got rid of J-Flicking, it's a win win!

  • So now Pinball Wizzard only needs to not be stopped by invisible bumpers and a remaining bit of sliding off stuff (still looking at you Ormond)!

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    Neat.

    Nice to see they're thinking of console players. Hopefully they can find some way of making Trickster playable on controller. From what I've heard it's a real trial in patience.

    I only played against a Blight that actively admitted to J flicking once and while it was impressive it made playing against him not very fun and had no real counter unless you knew they'd go for it ahead of time.

    Yeah, the counterplay of spinning out of the loop because you think he is going to flick was really counter intuitive. I played against my first one yesterday and if I didn't follow AscensionWho's Youtube videos I would have had no idea what you were supposed to do about it.

    I'm really glad they fixed it and buffed console Blight. He's such a cool killer but the massive variance between the turn rate of different Blights was honestly pretty frustrating.

  • @Yords said:

    Someone please show us some clips on how blight plays on console now.

    I can do that. gimme an hour or so...


    edit - after it actually releases of course ๐Ÿ˜…

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179735#Comment_2179735

    like the everything you slide off

    getting adept blight was one of the most painful experiences of my life and i only got it because hawkins was like "yeah nah youre not using your power this game"

    I did the adept with the Compound that reveals auras and only going for m1 hits instead of rushes. I've found playing as almost almost solely m1 killer is easiest for me for getting adepts on the newest killers from Demo to now.

  • @nursewannabe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179737#Comment_2179737

    Just slap ruin undying tinkerer and the perks will do the job anyway

    As someone who prides herself on once being a good Blight... Oh shite yeah, that's by far his best build. Personally I prefer PGTW because it only takes one slot, but also... Kinda takes a little skill in maze tiles to make up for the lower regression.

  • @JHondo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179744#Comment_2179744

    I did the adept with the Compound that reveals auras and only going for m1 hits instead of rushes. I've found playing as almost almost solely m1 killer is easiest for me for getting adepts on the newest killers from Demo to now.

    yeah ManWithCane was how i played him on hawkins and surprise surprise i got my adept

    oni i got as ManWithKatana too lol

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179762#Comment_2179762

    yeah ManWithCane was how i played him on hawkins and surprise surprise i got my adept

    oni i got as ManWithKatana too lol

    For Oni I used the bloody glove addon, basically just wall hacks and m1 lol

  • If this console change is good ill shut up about J flicks forever and that's a promise.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179751#Comment_2179751

    switch were going to get it but then uh... yeah i guess we just gotta wait a bit longer?

    Just a liiiiiiittle bit longer, you know? My boyfriend has re-bought some of the DLC he already had on Switch, but I refuse to do so lmao

    Every update I hope for a note saying that cross progression from Switch has been enabled, but no dice. We ARE halfway through the 2nd quarter of the year, though, which is when they recently said that it would finally come through, but... I'm honestly not holding my breath lmaooo

  • @CheyeneKL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179754#Comment_2179754

    Just a liiiiiiittle bit longer, you know? My boyfriend has re-bought some of the DLC he already had on Switch, but I refuse to do so lmao

    Every update I hope for a note saying that cross progression from Switch has been enabled, but no dice. We ARE halfway through the 2nd quarter of the year, though, which is when they recently said that it would finally come through, but... I'm honestly not holding my breath lmaooo

    ive got my fingers and several toes crossed

  • @JHondo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179766#Comment_2179766

    For Oni I used the bloody glove addon, basically just wall hacks and m1 lol

    i dont have any add-ons hes level 40 and i didnt even have a single topknot lmao

  • I'm glad they increased it for console, but if they removed the j-flick I'm terrified of what kind of Blights I'm gonna face. J-flick actually made it easier to avoid a hit if you knew how to counter them, but you can't counter a Blight who relies on good hits all the time. Help!

  • Really nice to see buffs (or more QoL I guess?) for console.

    Someone did a super in-depth thread about dead zones and acceleration and so on, hopefully the devs saw that and can implement some improvements for controllers in the future. The console player base is huge so they deserve it.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    Really nice to see buffs (or more QoL I guess?) for console.

    Someone did a super in-depth thread about dead zones and acceleration and so on, hopefully the devs saw that and can implement some improvements for controllers in the future. The console player base is huge so they deserve it.

    was it this one you mean:

    @[Deleted User] said:

    [] -- TABLE OF CONTENTS -- []

    • [0] -- Introduction -- [0]
    • [1] -- What Blight Can Do on Mouse & Keyboard -- [1]
    • [2] -- Rush, Lunge & Fatigue Fundamentals -- [2]
    • [3] -- A Few Misses and a Bug or Two -- [3]
    • [4] -- Conclusion, Final Thoughts -- [4]

    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

    [0] -- Introduction -- [0]

    Hello. Over the weekend I have collected a handful of clips showcasing the various issues that plague Blight players who use him on controller, otherwise known as a gamepad. It is my hope that this collection of clips and explanations of what is wrong with him can and will be used as a basis for re-programming him to be better on a controller and more in-line with mouse and keyboard.

    To start off, there are a few things to note:

    1. All gameplay is my own, and with the exception of one clip, has been recorded on the current patch (4.5.2).
    2. All gameplay has been recorded on a slim model PS4 using a standard wireless DualShock 4 generation 2 controller (the one with the light visible through the touchpad).
    3. All gameplay has been recorded using the share function of the PS4. Forgive the quality.
    4. All clips have descriptions on imgur themselves, as well as thoughts in this thread proper. Some clips are grouped in the same link. On PC, you can use the arrows that appear when you hover over the clip to cycle between them.

    Now without further ado, let's dig in.

    [1] -- What Blight Can Do on Mouse & Keyboard -- [1]

    If there is to be talk about Blight's faults on controller, t's important to see what a Blight player is capable of on mouse and keyboard. Thanks to the various content creators on Twitch, YouTube, and elsewhere, there is plenty of source material to choose from. For the purpose of comparing and contrasting the differences between the two input methods, I'll use a recent match that Fog Whisperer Tru3ta1ent played and uploaded recently:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSuH3yMyNYg

    There are many instances where Blight is able to get up to (and even beyond) 90 degree hits, or at the very least attempt to, due to flicking during the lunge. The turning on the rush action itself also allows for a certain degree of freedom, both in movement and camera control, that only mouse and keyboard is able to provide currently. The full match is worth a watch to get a feel for how Blight works on mouse and keyboard, but here are timestamps for lunge hit/attempt examples included in the video:

    • 35s: Nea is hit at an effectively 90 degree angle at a hay bale loop.
    • 57s: An attempt is made to hit Yui with an effectively 90 degree angle on the tractor.
    • 1:50: Nea is hit by rounding the corner inside the cowshed with a flick at the very start of the lunge.
    • 2:45: Felix is hit next to the tractor with a 90 degree flick at the start of the lunge.
    • 4:20: An attempt is made to hit Dwight in the cowshed with a 90 degree flick at the start of the lunge

    As seen in the video, Blight is capable of some nasty hits with his power when played properly on mouse and keyboard, comparable to hits that Oni can pull off when Demon Dashing. There is still counterplay in a chase by knowing his angles, but he is very capable with some geometrical knowledge, flick reactions, tracking, and predicting survivor movements. He is a force to be reckoned with when in capable hands, as he should be. But not on controller, and here are the reasons why.

    [2] -- Rush, Lunge & Fatigue Fundamentals -- [2]

    Before we get into the hit missing, we have to look at the fundamentals of what Blight's rush, lunge, and fatigue look likes on controller in an easy-to-read environment. It's important to understand two things: One, Blight's rush and lethal rush are normally unaffected by the "killer sensitivity" setting in the options menu. Two, Blight's rush attack and rush attack fatigue are also unaffected by the "killer sensitivity" setting in the options menu. The only thing that killer sensitivity does for Blight is allow him to adjust his camera faster/slower during a slam (and normal "M1" killer gameplay).

    First, the lunge clips:

    https://imgur.com/a/qizjdeP

    As seen in the clips, no matter what a controller Blight does, they cannot get nearly the same control over their lunge that mouse and keyboard users are capable of. Their angle of attack is thus extremely limited, and prone to being easily dodged by attentive survivors. Most survivors can simply move a little left or right and there is nothing the Blight can do about it. And due to the angle issue, Blight becomes much less effective even in situations where the survivor does nothing at all, or the Blight should have the angle on them (such as in a loop, or in a tight corner as Felix was found in the video at 2:45).

    Second, this is what a series of rushes looks like:

    https://imgur.com/a/yTBBLKI

    The most important part of this clip is the end, where the Blight decides to turn toward the hill to initiate a chase with the Nancy seen and heard on the way back to the hook. As you can see, the turning leaves quite a bit to be desired. This is especially true considering that both turning add-ons are being used in this clip. Even with these add-ons, it can be difficult to go precisely where one wishes to go because of the look sensitivity being far too low.

    Lastly, the fatigue clips:

    https://imgur.com/a/Y7srcY9

    As seen in the clips, Blight has two different sensitivities when in the fatigue animation after a rush. The first clip showcases what, ideally, should happen: The Blight's sensitivity is reverted to whatever the killer sensitivity is set in the options menu. The second shows what happens if the Blight decides to lunge after a rush, regardless of whether a hit was landed or not: The Blight's sensitivity is slowed to a degree that they cannot visually track a survivor that has ran behind them until the fatigue is over.

    This is a quirk shared by Demogorgon during Shred's attack cooldowns, as well as on Oni during Blood Fury's activation. Curiously, it doesn't exist on killers like Legion during their Feral Frenzy fatigue, or the Twins when a pounce is missed as Victor.

    This sensitivity slowdown, along with the other instances mentioned, feel really bad on controller, but can actually be mitigated somewhat on mouse and keyboard with enough DPI and mouse space. Thus furthering the gap between the two input methods.

    [3] -- A Few Misses and a Bug or Two -- [3]

    Truthfully, a thousand clips could be recorded to show how many hits are missed due to Blight's controller woes. It is a major cause of frustration for those who wish to be the speedy hunchbacked Scottish man. But for the purpose of this thread, we'll be looking at two in particular, as well as a third that just doesn't make a lick of sense.

    https://imgur.com/a/cUzuVgt

    As seen in this clip, the Ace is oblivious to the Blight's location and is attempting to be sneaky in a bush. There is an attempt to hit the Ace, which would be a free hit on mouse and keyboard, but the hit fails because the lunge sensitivity doesn't adjust fast enough to position the "hurtbox" of the lunge on Ace's hitbox. This is a situation that happens often, wherein the Blight narrowly misses a survivor and slides past them, often never to be seen again due to having to deal with the fatigue sensitivity issue after a lunge.

    The most disheartening scenario, however, which will be dubbed the "full commitment problem", is in this clip:

    https://imgur.com/a/VjCBE8n

    The main issue with controller Blight is that there is no way to properly react to a survivor attempting to dodge a lunge. Because of this, a controller Blight is conditioned (forced, really) to full commit to a lunge direction before the lunge even begins. In the above clip, you can see this perfectly. The Nea is running down the hallway, makes it to the corner and starts running down the adjacent hallway, and then narrowly avoids the hit by dodging left while the Blight makes a full commitment to the right. You can see the attempt to adjust the lunge left (albeit late), but it doesn't do much of anything.

    A mouse and keyboard Blight could simply start the lunge while running straight at her and flick to wherever she goes for an easy hit. Or even start going right and then flick left. Controller Blights have no such mechanical skill to develop.

    This next one's a doozy:

    https://imgur.com/a/hasRGZD

    Truthfully there's no good explanation as to why this hit missed. It isn't something that happens often, so it's not terribly concerning. However, what happens during the fatigue is a common occurrence. There is a bug wherein the Blight player is unable to move at all during the entirety of the fatigue animation. In my personal experience, this bug usually occurs only after a lunge, and typically when a lunge narrowly misses the survivor. It feels similar to when Blight breaks a pallet with a lunge attack, except the camera can still be moved.

    Finally, there is this bug, which has been around since Blight's release (said clip is from that time):

    https://imgur.com/a/jM9jsbl

    Basically, the Blight's sensitivity is set to the player's killer sensitivity during a lethal rush lunge. The easiest and most consistent way to replicate this is:

    1. Rush and collide with an object.
    2. Immediately rush and attack.
    3. Hold the stick left/right while lunging.

    It's a very disorienting bug when it happens in a chase, and can easily cost hits at key moments, particularly around windows. It's something that might become less of a problem if his other problems are addressed first.

    [4] -- Conclusion, Final Thoughts -- [4]

    In conclusion, Blight is in a really bad spot on controller, and he's never really seen better days. His various sensitivities are undertuned as all heck and he's got a few bugs that put the nail in his plastic-y gamepad coffin. You can play him against less attentive survivors, but even against those you'll more often than not be forced to play him as a standard M1 killer, albeit with a way to get around faster. Which defeats the purpose of playing him in the first place.

    Blight is probably one of the funnest killers ever added to Dead by Daylight for those who love a faster, more aggressive playstyle. I hope that his flaws on controller can be ironed out, if not to the point of being exactly as good as on mouse & keyboard, at least close enough to where there is significantly less frustration experienced when playing him.

    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

    Special thanks to MandyTalk for explicitly asking for this feedback and thus giving me the motivation to go a little more in-depth with it rather than complain in every Blight related thread until the end of time. And to everyone at BHVR who was involved in making Blight a reality in the first place.

    Thank you.

    cause mclean saw that and commented not even a month ago

    image.png


  • @Yords said:

    Someone please show us some clips on how blight plays on console now.

    I would love to do that,once i downloaded the update :)

  • Thinking of all the times I read "it's not an exploit :)" in post game chat after losing to people abusing it. Might actually be fun to go against PC Blight players again.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    Thinking of all the times I read "it's not an exploit :)" in post game chat after losing to people abusing it. Might actually be fun to go against PC Blight players again.

    It's not gonna be fun, have you faced a good Blight who only goes for good hits and doesn't jflick? It's impossible to avoid them.

  • @Brambles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2179799#Comment_2179799

    It's not gonna be fun, have you faced a good Blight who only goes for good hits and doesn't jflick? It's impossible to avoid them.

    that takes both more skill than a j-flick and isn't an exploit so i have literally no complaints there

  • When is the patch going live?

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    When is the patch going live?

    sometime very soon since they said 11am est

  • Praise the devs for finally doing something right! <3

  • The patch is already live, it should be showing up on your platforms now.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    When is the patch going live?

    Should already be live, but it's not for me. Wouldn't be surprised if that's just an issue with steam updating tbh, though.


    Edit: nevermind, steam officially has begun updating for me not a second after I type the original message.

  • @Mandy said:

    The patch is already live, it should be showing up on your platforms now.

    waiting for steam to let me update it so it may just be a problem on valve's end

โ€น 1 2 3