The whole Entity displeased thing needs to go away.

It happens far too often.


In many cases It's not my fault that when I play killer Survivor teams play super toxic and the only way I can even get points to to camp them after they've gen rushed and they're all around saving one another and with dead hard and BT forget about it.


It's very disheartening to play the best you can and still see that.

Comments

  • Let's change it to:

    You tried your best UwU...

    BUT NOT ENOUGH!!!

  • @MrDardon said:

    Let's change it to:

    You tried your best UwU...

    BUT NOT ENOUGH!!!

    the entity ######### UwUing haunts my nightmares now. Thanks

  • Look, they already gave a hook counter, which is a glorified participation trophy.

    We don't need any more "you did your best, champ" additions.

  • Now hear me out

    What if instead of the entity being displeased they had a bunch of different sayings indicating its displeased that are kinda humorous

    Such as

    "The Entity will not be sending you a Christmas Card this year"

    "The Entity swiped left"

    "The Entity ghosted you"

    "The Entity says "Get Gud""

    "The Entity disowned you"

  • The Entity is displeased with this thread.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    Now hear me out

    What if instead of the entity being displeased they had a bunch of different sayings indicating its displeased that are kinda humorous

    Such as

    "The Entity will not be sending you a Christmas Card this year"

    "The Entity swiped left"

    "The Entity ghosted you"

    that would be funny

    @Moxie said:

    Look, they already gave a hook counter, which is a glorified participation trophy.

    We don't need any more "you did your best, champ" additions.

    There's nothing to do with participation trophies, saying that makes you sound like an entitled ass like others have said I've played well and still gotten it.


    How would survivors feel if at the end of the game the entity told them You escaped BUT you played like dicks? how many times would people see that before before they started complaining that the game was pointing out they're terrible play. I don't main one side or the other so I'd most likely see both.

  • @Ryan489x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166046#Comment_2166046

    that would be funny

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166040#Comment_2166040

    There's nothing to do with participation trophies, saying that makes you sound like an entitled ass like others have said I've played well and still gotten it.

    How would survivors feel if at the end of the game the entity told them You escaped BUT you played like dicks? how many times would people see that before before they started complaining that the game was pointing out they're terrible play. I don't main one side or the other so I'd most likely see both.

    If the Survivor doesn't do well enough on emblems, I do believe getting an Entity Displeased is still on the table for them even if they escape.

  • @Moxie said:

    Look, they already gave a hook counter, which is a glorified participation trophy.

    We don't need any more "you did your best, champ" additions.

    The hook counter is trash. Because it doesn´t count hooks but hook stages. 4 man that died on the first hook counts as a perfect 12 hook match. Which is ridiculous.

  • Have you tried lasting longer than 3 minutes?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166040#Comment_2166040

    The hook counter is trash. Because it doesn´t count hooks but hook stages. 4 man that died on the first hook counts as a perfect 12 hook match. Which is ridiculous.

    It doesn't score you with a perfect 12 hook match if that happens ether so yeah you're right.

  • Change it to

    'You got out perked'

    Entity offers commiserations

  • @Ryan489x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166072#Comment_2166072

    It doesn't score you with a perfect 12 hook match if that happens ether so yeah you're right.

    Yeah it also doesn´t count that. So its useless.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    Now hear me out

    What if instead of the entity being displeased they had a bunch of different sayings indicating its displeased that are kinda humorous

    Such as

    "The Entity will not be sending you a Christmas Card this year"

    "The Entity swiped left"

    "The Entity ghosted you"

    I like the way that you think! "The entity's lip turns up slightly in disgust." Where's the petition? Make it happen!

  • On a serious note, that is an actual snowflake mentality

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166031#Comment_2166031

    the entity ######### UwUing haunts my nightmares now. Thanks

    The Entity is always pleased with me UwU

  • @Ryan489x said:

    It happens far too often.

    In many cases It's not my fault that when I play killer Survivor teams play super toxic and the only way I can even get points to to camp them after they've gen rushed and they're all around saving one another and with dead hard and BT forget about it.

    It's very disheartening to play the best you can and still see that.

    youll get better, when you get good at the game u hardly ever will see that notification.

  • Just play tombstone myers and when you get: "entity displeased" and 4k, you dont care about it and you get used to it.

  • Not everyone can be a winner

  • Seriosusly tho. Its not our faukt that we get toxic swf iver comms squads, why should we depip for it?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    There's matches where I think I did pretty well...then the Entity is somehow still displeased, like, damn #########.

    Maybe keep Entity Displeased but just get rid of that stupid VWWWRROOOOOMMMMM sound effect, replace it with silence instead or something idk. Feels like the Entity's yelling at me.

    You can get a 3k where the last survivor only makes it out because they found a key in a chest and still get "Entity Displeased."

  • To be fair the pip system is kinda super questionable. I've gotten blank pips from letting everyone bleed out on the ground (never even picking them up to hook them, just because I was curious on what the outcome would be) in red ranks. At the same time, you have games as Killer and Survivor where you felt like you should have at least blanked because you did so much for your team/had a good game despite maybe not getting a full 4k, and still de-pipping.

    Idk, pip system be wild.

  • I like staying at Rank 17 and lower just so it always tells me I'm a "Brutal Killer."

    None of the other screens involve the Entity's feelings, neither should the "You sucked" screen. It could say "Sleepwalking Killer" or "Aloof Killer." Something like that would be a lot better.

  • This is actually something I agree with. Whether it's a "snowflake" attitude or not, there's not much in this game more infuriating than having a group of jerk SWF team doing everything to make the game absolutely miserable for you during the game and then have the game itself ######### at you for not doing good enough to make The Entity happy...

    Bite me Entity, you judgmental prick. Maybe give killers tools to deal with bully squads instead of piling on...

  • Entity is not angry, just dissapointed

    Entity is cutting your allowance

    Entity is supportive and knows you'll get them next time champ

    Entity sees you as a friend

    Entity think you did a pretty good job so far

    Entity suggest you try playing civ 5

  • "Oh #########"

    Sadly that doesn't work well with the word filter, or does it?

  • Let the entity say "im not mad, just disappointed at you"

  • @lagosta said:

    Have you tried lasting longer than 3 minutes?

    That's what she said.

  • So we should remove a feature because it hurts your feelings?

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Entity is not angry, just dissapointed

    Entity is cutting your allowance

    Entity is supportive and knows you'll get them next time champ

    Entity sees you as a friend

    Entity think you did a pretty good job so far

    Entity suggest you try playing civ 5

    @[Deleted User] said:

    Change it to "You did a pretty good job so far"

    I would pay shards to change it to "Pretty good job so far."

    Devs, make this happen.

  • Exactly. Some roleplaying might also help.

  • @Yords said:

    So we should remove a feature because it hurts your feelings?

    I mean they changed the movement style of the game and people complained that it hurt they're enjoyment of the game and they changed it back within a week. same argument here

  • Yeah, I think it should change, I think it should have changing messages for example:

    You are supposed to kill...

    Imagine if I let Ash or Bill keep their weapons...

    They are like half your size...

    You got owned...

    Were you born a fat, slimy, scumbag puke piece o' #########, or did you have to work on it?

    don't try too hard. If I would have wanted them up there I would have miracled their asses up a hook, wouldn't I?


    Masochism 1000%

  • @Ryan489x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2166456#Comment_2166456

    I mean they changed the movement style of the game and people complained that it hurt they're enjoyment of the game and they changed it back within a week. same argument here

    Except the text in this case has no impact on gameplay.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2167350#Comment_2167350

    Except the text in this case has no impact on gameplay.

    I does when you actually play a round well and are still told you didn't do good enough.


    and it really didn't change gameplay that much. it just meant people couldn't do insane mouse movements (example only) lets see if someone swings a knife at you if you can 360 around it right in front of them. They won't miss,

  • It always bothered me that killers get subjectively judged (petty killer, entity displeased) at the score screen while survivors just get their final status objectively stated (died, killed, escaped)

  • Stop losing then.

  • inb4 banned over ######### joke