Hook grabs should be removed

I really think that hook grabs are more unfun and face camper promoting than they’re worth.

If a Survivor is being camped, there should always at least be the option to hook trade. You could still hit someone while unhooking or cancel an unhook if you’re quick and they’re injured.

It wouldn’t be a game breaking change against good Killer players and it would help a lot to make the most unfun Killer “playstyles” more bearable.

Comments

  • At this point, it wouldn't affect my games at all since ALL OF MY ######### GRABS GET CANCELED.

  • Since when did grabs work again?

  • No thanks.


    Hook grabs rarely work for me honestly since survivors can cancel the grab then do a real grab after killers whiffs. Hook grabs should stay and survivors shouldn't be allowed to cancel grabs tbh.


    Without hook grabs you are literally asking for free saves which a lot of killer mains already feel like there are free saves in game already

  • If you're silly enough to do an unsafe unhook, you deserved to be grabbed.

    Asking for anything otherwise is asking for free unhooks.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    If you're silly enough to do an unsafe unhook, you deserved to be grabbed.

    Asking for anything otherwise is asking for free unhooks.

    -looks at solo queue teammates-

  • You can do hook trades just fine if you bait it and the killer isn't running STBFL. Start to unhook, cancel, the grab turns into a basic attack, unhook for real while they're on cooldown. Sometimes the killer is smart and you have to play chicken a few times in order to do it, but the tools are there and I see this work much more often than not.

  • @Pulsar said:

    At this point, it wouldn't affect my games at all since ALL OF MY ######### GRABS GET CANCELED.

    Right? i don't think folks can complain about grabs since most of my grabs end up as a light tap on the shoulder. You know, just want to let them know they're doing a good job.

  • You're right, a survivor should instead be exposed while doing any action.

    Atleast that would be working as intended.

  • Sounds to me like somebody hasn't learned the fine art of faking a grab.

    Things are fine as it is, just learn to work around it like most reasonable people do.

  • It would be nice to have this implemented into the game, but since you're technically making the killer weaker, you need something to compensate.

    Perhaps we slightly increase the unhook time so that you're forced to stay vulnerable longer than normal. This would pretty much remove the frustration on both sides.

  • @Pulsar said:

    At this point, it wouldn't affect my games at all since ALL OF MY ######### GRABS GET CANCELED.

    Ok, I wish I didn't relate to that as much as I do.

  • @Pulsar said:

    At this point, it wouldn't affect my games at all since ALL OF MY ######### GRABS GET CANCELED.

    I had that happen 2 days ago. I actually started the grab animation, touched their shoulder, and then it snapped out of the animation while they ran away.

    I was more than somewhat angry that I had gotten cheated out of a grab. 😣

  • They don't work anyway since servers were added. I don't agree with removing them but at this point I don't remember last time my hook grabs were canceled 1-5 times consecutively until it just became M1 hit passively.

  • @gatsby said:

    I really think that hook grabs are more unfun and face camper promoting than they’re worth.

    If a Survivor is being camped, there should always at least be the option to hook trade. You could still hit someone while unhooking or cancel an unhook if you’re quick and they’re injured.

    It wouldn’t be a game breaking change against good Killer players and it would help a lot to make the most unfun Killer “playstyles” more bearable.

    Nope; hard pass. There is plenty of counter play to getting grabbed at the hook. How do I know this? I experience it every day. Good Survivors know how to bait a grab and foil it. If you are getting grabbed at the hook all the time, that is on YOU.

  • Or we could punish players that try to trade and not reward them. Might stop rushing the hook while being chased and giving the killer an easy time

  • This would actually be a buff to killer thanks to the ridiculous grab mechanics that somehow cancel grabs that went through even on the survivors screen.

  • Since when did grabs work

  • @gatsby said:

    I really think that hook grabs are more unfun and face camper promoting than they’re worth.

    If a Survivor is being camped, there should always at least be the option to hook trade. You could still hit someone while unhooking or cancel an unhook if you’re quick and they’re injured.

    It wouldn’t be a game breaking change against good Killer players and it would help a lot to make the most unfun Killer “playstyles” more bearable.

    The hook grabs are fine. They don't work half the time as it is.

  • If grabs were in any way consistent you might have an argument but as they are now they're buggy as hell so their "fine"

  • @gatsby said:

    I really think that hook grabs are more unfun and face camper promoting than they’re worth.

    If a Survivor is being camped, there should always at least be the option to hook trade. You could still hit someone while unhooking or cancel an unhook if you’re quick and they’re injured.

    It wouldn’t be a game breaking change against good Killer players and it would help a lot to make the most unfun Killer “playstyles” more bearable.

    If you go for an unsafe rescue, I’m going for the grab, not my fault when you make a bad play.

  • @Pulsar said:

    At this point, it wouldn't affect my games at all since ALL OF MY ######### GRABS GET CANCELED.

    *love taps survivor

  • @NMCKE said:

    It would be nice to have this implemented into the game, but since you're technically making the killer weaker, you need something to compensate.

    Perhaps we slightly increase the unhook time so that you're forced to stay vulnerable longer than normal. This would pretty much remove the frustration on both sides.

    Also/or remove collision on the hooked survivor so you can guaratee a hit on the unhooker instead of getting auto aimed onto the guy on the hook who is invincible.

  • @Pulsar said:

    At this point, it wouldn't affect my games at all since ALL OF MY ######### GRABS GET CANCELED.

    fun fact, they were removed a long time ago, but the animation and code still has fragments in the game, that's why the animation starts but never works

  • People can still hook grab? I thought they already removed that

  • Better idea, they should remove hooks entirely & killers have to slug to win.

  • I agree that hook grabs should be removed but only because I think it's silly that survivors and killers get stuck in this stupid situation of faking and trying to anticipate server latency. It just makes the game look even worse.

  • @gatsby said:

    I really think that hook grabs are more unfun and face camper promoting than they’re worth.

    If a Survivor is being camped, there should always at least be the option to hook trade. You could still hit someone while unhooking or cancel an unhook if you’re quick and they’re injured.

    It wouldn’t be a game breaking change against good Killer players and it would help a lot to make the most unfun Killer “playstyles” more bearable.

    So you're going to have the new borrowed time which activates no matter what, now you want to never be grabbed which barely works anyhow? I swear if I could just have a quick-hit of whatever most of y'all be smoking on on these forums my life would be so much better and comfortable.

  • @kingcarl2012 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2155540#Comment_2155540

    Also/or remove collision on the hooked survivor so you can guaratee a hit on the unhooker instead of getting auto aimed onto the guy on the hook who is invincible.

    This would be nice, would encourage the killer to go after the savior. 😁

  • I thought they were removed, but I guess their removal was cancelled along with the grab action.

  • @gatsby said:

    I really think that hook grabs are more unfun and face camper promoting than they’re worth.

    If a Survivor is being camped, there should always at least be the option to hook trade. You could still hit someone while unhooking or cancel an unhook if you’re quick and they’re injured.

    It wouldn’t be a game breaking change against good Killer players and it would help a lot to make the most unfun Killer “playstyles” more bearable.

    Now this is a pure Survivor Post,

    I'd say entitled But then i'll be attacked for my Opinion BUUUUT.

    No, =D

    This would be 100% Abused.. by every survivor. Especially with the BT changes

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/246764/hook-grabs-should-be-removed

    I agree. Remove it for unhooks. It has nothing to do with unsafe hooks. Its an attempt to prevent killers from facecamping hook, because you're removing a benefit to face camping hook.

    Otherwise I like my suggestion in another thread. Increase BP penalties to killers that camp hook. Then give bp to the survivor that's hooked for distracting the killer.

    And up next on horrible, spiteful ideas that will never be in the game...'Let's remove BP from the Killer for doing something I don't like.'

    Ok; if you do generators too fast, I get your BP. I mean, since you're punishing me for doing my objective...Oh wait; it only works one way, right? Only Killers can play unfairly?

    I mean, it's not like they have to counter 16 meta perks in one match that goes by in under 6 minutes...

  • @Verconissp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/246764/hook-grabs-should-be-removed

    Now this is a pure Survivor Post,

    I'd say entitled But then i'll be attacked for my Opinion BUUUUT.

    No, =D

    This would be 100% Abused.. by every survivor. Especially with the BT changes

    I’m Rank 1 on Killer and Survivor. And on Killer I never personally go for grabs because they’re inconsistent. I just hit the unhooker and trade if they wanna hook rush so bad.

    I absolutely hate the face campers as Survivor that try to force the grab and you have to keep trying to fake the save a bunch just to avoid being grabbed and still sometimes get grabbed cause of latency. It’s dumb

  • They have been removed. Grabs are survivor client sided and get rolled back if they let go.

  • @IWasLeft2Die said:

    No thanks.

    Hook grabs rarely work for me honestly since survivors can cancel the grab then do a real grab after killers whiffs. Hook grabs should stay and survivors shouldn't be allowed to cancel grabs tbh.

    Without hook grabs you are literally asking for free saves which a lot of killwr mains already feel like there are free saves in game already

    @Power_Guy said:

    If you're silly enough to do an unsafe unhook, you deserved to be grabbed.

    Asking for anything otherwise is asking for free unhooks.

    this.

    you should not feel entitled to get an unhook, just because you happened to be healthy.

    you are not ment to just unhook in the killers face and get away with it for free.

  • Why stop at giving BT 1 direct and 1 indirect buff, let’s work the Old DS into it for the lols

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2155975#Comment_2155975

    Dude I played trapper last night. I got 90k+ BP and 2 people escaped hatch.

    Surviors make like 10-20+ bp a game, less if they get tunneled and camped.

    So if you, the killer, are gonna sit at the hook, why not increase the already existing penalty, to discourage poor behaviors. AND give those points to the hooked survivor you are camping. Because as you know, distracting the killer while dangling on a hook is pure strategy on the survivors part clearly and should be rewarded. How else are surviors supposed to gen rush and make you cry. We put ourselves on a hook for you to stare and and M1.

    this change wont affect many killers, unless you admit to hook camping which only very few people even admit too.

    Just give the hanging Survivor BP for being camped.

    The only reason to punish Killers for what is sometimes a valid play style is pure spite. All these suggestions are just 'Punish Killers for doing something I don't like'.

    I've been here 3 days and all I see are posts of people demanding Killers be 'punished' for a play style BHVR themselves have said is valid. A play style that, while I don't do it often, happens frequently enough that I'd flip my blip if I got punished for it.

    Sometimes camping is how you get that kill needed to slow stuff down. if I lost BP, or the Survivor COULD NOT DIE (it was suggested elsewhere), thus denying me that momentum-swing I needed to win; there'd be 0 point to playing Killer.

    It would become a Survivor bully simulator, where the Killer is only allowed a hook when the Survivors say so and how they say so.


    Camping is fine. Man up and accept that it sometimes happens and is sometimes valid, instead of screaming for bad mechanics and massive BP punishments just because you're salty.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2156483#Comment_2156483

    People don't play killer for the bp, so why would you care to lose bp? Especially when you play killer as a noob when you face camp hook?

    Man up as survivor? How about you man up as a killer? OH NO it's a small asian woman wearing a pink bunny hoodie going clicky clicky!!!!

    Dude come on. Have you ever been hook camped before? I'm not advocating its banning but a bp penalty increase. That's all. What's the point in playing a game if the killer can choose one person and say ok, your not getting any points this game. Then proceed to camp/tunnel the person to death? Then when YOU proceed to m1 attack a person already on a hook, why not give them distraction points.

    You then cant complain about gen rushing either if that's the only other viable option for the team

    I never complain about gen rushing. it's survivors playing their objective.

    And I've been camped, back when I played Survivor; I once had a guy chase me down, hook me, and just stare in my face. My friend was poking him with the 'point' command. When I WAS unhooked, he chased me down again and hooked me again. Then stood there once more.

    I was laughing so hard at how absurd it was. This guy HATED me, for some reason. Or hated Dwight.

  • I just wish there was a good perk that made unhooking faster, I'd absolutely run it. Borrowed Time only counters face camping and tunneling if you can actually get them off the hook with it. Grabbing bypasses that sadly and some killers will just fish for the hook grab.

  • Wait you can grab people in this game?

  • @meowzilla69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/246764/hook-grabs-should-be-removed

    If you go for an unsafe rescue, I’m going for the grab, not my fault when you make a bad play.

    Wouldn't have a problem with this if so many killers didn't just camp the first guy to death. What a fun game for thay guy

  • @wxnickxw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2155763#Comment_2155763

    Wouldn't have a problem with this if so many killers didn't just camp the first guy to death. What a fun game for thay guy

    Well I’m not one of them, if I can’t find anyone, I’m going back to hook, I’m not going to allow you to heal for free.

  • Great to hear.

    are you in favor of changing the game so that hook time doesn't progress when the killer hangs around the hook while he isn't in a chase? To stop other camping killers?

  • @wxnickxw said:

    Great to hear.

    are you in favor of changing the game so that hook time doesn't progress when the killer hangs around the hook while he isn't in a chase? To stop other camping killers?

    How about the unhooker gets endurance when injured? That’s fair

  • @wxnickxw said:

    Great to hear.

    are you in favor of changing the game so that hook time doesn't progress when the killer hangs around the hook while he isn't in a chase? To stop other camping killers?

    Tried hook slow down conditions on the PTB TWICE and both times it got abused so badly by survivors that it never left said PTBs and were never tried again.

    Having an ultimately survivor dictated mechanic for how fast hooks goes will always be abused.

  • *Gently places hand on survivor's shoulder*

    You can get through this.





    Your friend, though, is mine.

  • @gatsby said:

    I really think that hook grabs are more unfun and face camper promoting than they’re worth.

    If a Survivor is being camped, there should always at least be the option to hook trade. You could still hit someone while unhooking or cancel an unhook if you’re quick and they’re injured.

    It wouldn’t be a game breaking change against good Killer players and it would help a lot to make the most unfun Killer “playstyles” more bearable.

    Survivors like you are why killers facecamp. You literally make it viable.

  • @ukenicky said:

    I just wish there was a good perk that made unhooking faster, I'd absolutely run it. Borrowed Time only counters face camping and tunneling if you can actually get them off the hook with it. Grabbing bypasses that sadly and some killers will just fish for the hook grab.

    Desperate Measures, Resilience and Spine Chill to name a few off the top of my head

  • get rid of grabs add movement speed to killers please, I am barely ever able to land a successful grab when I want to but when I lunge sometimes I grab its just as frustrating for killers as survivors

  • @gatsby said:

    I really think that hook grabs are more unfun and face camper promoting than they’re worth.

    If a Survivor is being camped, there should always at least be the option to hook trade. You could still hit someone while unhooking or cancel an unhook if you’re quick and they’re injured.

    It wouldn’t be a game breaking change against good Killer players and it would help a lot to make the most unfun Killer “playstyles” more bearable.

    To counter hook grabs there's an very easy one.

    Don't go for unsafe unhooks or for an unhook when a survivor is being face camped

  • Id much sooner get rid of grab cancel for survivors since it can cause killer to glitch and then the survivor gets to grab again for free.

‹ 1 2