Oh god it's already happening

Overall I really like the upcoming changes. However my first 3 games have been huntress with iri head trying to use them up before the rightly needed change. It's going to be a painful week I think.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Painful 3 weeks. As expected.

  • @TomBombadil said:

    Overall I really like the upcoming changes. However my first 3 games have been huntress with iri head trying to use them up before the rightly needed change. It's going to be a painful week I think.

    Kind of reminds me of how killers saw nothing but instaheals every game because BHVR gave survivors a 1 month warning before nerfing them. Same with BNPs and toolboxes overall. As is it now with keys.

    I don't think you get to complain about the one time killers get to have some fun.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/242180/oh-god-its-already-happening

    Kind of reminds me of how killers saw nothing but instaheals every game because BHVR game survivors a 1 month warning before nerfing them. Same with BNPs and toolboxes overall. As is it now with keys.

    I don't think you get to complain about the one time killers get to have some fun.

    No I actually agree with you, I'm rank one killer and survivor. I just wish with things like this they would just nerf it without warning to stop this happening.

  • @TomBombadil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104411#Comment_2104411

    No I actually agree with you, I'm rank one killer and survivor. I just wish with things like this they would just nerf it without warning to stop this happening.

    They did that with mori's, while at the same time giving survivors a now...over 5 month warning that they were going to rework keys.

    Like I said, killers deserve this one.

    A good portion of my 1283 iri heads will be put to use the next while.

  • Yeah it's gonna be pretty painful. Even though I've come to like survivor more I think I'll play some killer with non-toxic builds to give survivors a little break in between iri head games.

  • Where can i see those changes?

  • @syain said:

    Yeah it's gonna be pretty painful. Even though I've come to like survivor more I think I'll play some killer with non-toxic builds to give survivors a little break in between iri head games.

    There's no such thing as non toxic builds. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it toxic.

  • Omg, thanks for the reminder. I need to do this after work.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/242180/oh-god-its-already-happening

    Kind of reminds me of how killers saw nothing but instaheals every game because BHVR game survivors a 1 month warning before nerfing them. Same with BNPs and toolboxes overall. As is it now with keys.

    I don't think you get to complain about the one time killers get to have some fun.

    Oh god I remember the insaheal invasion.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104433#Comment_2104433

    There's no such thing as non toxic builds. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it toxic.

    Builds that facilitate toxic behavior*, sorry, thought it was pretty clear.

  • From my experience as soon as the survivors know it's iri head they either DC or kill self on hook. Kinda wasting the huntress time and the survivors time. As a decent huntress I wouldn't bring it anyway, it's looked down upon by good huntresses.

  • @sulaiman said:

    Where can i see those changes?

    PTB should start in around 6 hours.

    @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZO0S4PF93JB9/announcement.png

    We’re back with another Developer Update, a series of posts going over the biggest changes coming to Dead by Daylight. This time around, we’ll cover a long list of Killer, perk, and quality of life updates that’ll appear in the upcoming Player Test Build (PTB).

    Killer Updates

    The Nightmare

    For some time, The Nightmare has stood out from the crowd with a particularly high kill rate, averaging roughly 3 kills per match. With that in mind, we’ve made some slight tweaks to bring him closer in line with the rest of the roster.

    We’ve decreased his movement speed while placing a snare to 4.0m/s (previously no speed change) and reduced the maximum number of placed snares from 8 to 5. Likewise, the maximum number of dream pallets has been reduced from 10 to 7.

    A handful of add-ons have also received changes. Add-ons which previously reduced action speeds now make various actions louder (repairing generators, grunts of pain, and footsteps). Black Box also has a brand-new effect: When an exit gate is opened, it is blocked for sleeping Survivors for the next 10 seconds.

    Alarm clocks have also received some tweaks to make their effects clearer and more rewarding. Using an alarm clock will now make you fully immune to sleep— including sleep caused by a Killer hit — for 30 seconds. This effect is now shown on the HUD by turning your sleep timer yellow and having it tick down.

    With these changes, we hope to promote more strategic use of his Dream Traps rather than placing them constantly during a chase, as well as encouraging Survivors to seek out and use alarm clocks. We’ll monitor his performance closely and adjust where necessary going forward.

    The Demogorgon

    Our focus for The Demogorgon is to give it more mobility with its portals. We’ve made the following changes to base portals:

    • Increased speed while in a portal
    • Reduced cooldown after exiting a portal
    • Increased Undetectable length after exiting a portal

    On top of these changes, we have done a complete pass on The Demogorgon’s add-ons to make some of the lesser used ones more appealing. Here's a sneak peek at a couple of them:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RQWF58IGC8D7/demogorgonaddon1.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/8110FTZU5IPH/demogorgonaddon2.png

    The Huntress

    Don’t panic: We have not changed The Huntress’ base kit. We have, however, done a pass on her add-ons to bring them up to modern standards. Yes, this included the infamous Iridescent Head.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HCEUQ8C7ECI4/huntressaddon1.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/AEXY9C0NQAL4/huntressaddon2.png

    The Twins

    Last but not least, we have a small set of tweaks for The Twins.

    • Increased cooldown after successfully downing a Survivor with Victor from 3 to 5 seconds
    • Camera control is now immediately restored when taking control of Charlotte
    • Silencing Cloth: Increased Undetectable duration to 20 seconds upon taking control of Charlotte
    • Iridescent Pendant: Increased Exposed duration to 30 seconds when a Survivor crushes an idle Victor

    Perk Updates

    Small Game

    It has come to our attention that some of you really hate small piles of bones. To aid you in your totem destroying mission, we’ve made some long-requested changes to Small Game:

    • Small Game now shows the number of remaining totems as tokens on the perk
    • The detection range decreases by 5° for each totem cleansed
    • Small Game no longer detects Killer traps

    These changes improve Small Game’s ability to track and cleanse totems while also removing the antiquated part that only applies to specific Killers with traps.

    Lucky Break

    Lucky Break now hides scratch marks in addition to blood pools to help you lose the Killer. To compensate, the total duration of has been reduced to 70/80/90 seconds.

    Soul Guard

    A small change here: Soul Guard now has a cooldown of 30 seconds after activating.

    Realistically, this won’t affect the vast majority of cases. This change is purely to prevent stacking healing speeds and Soul Guard from getting out of hand.

    Open Handed

    Take two for Open Handed: We’ve slotted this update back in for the upcoming PTB.

    Open Handed now has an increased effect (8/12/16 meters), but no longer stacks with itself. This makes the perk more appealing on its own without needing to stack it with other Survivors in the match.

    Zanshin Tactics

    A very straightforward change: Zanshin Tactics is now permanently active and also has a larger range.

    Borrowed Time

    To remove some confusing intricacies with how Borrowed Time interacts with some Killers and the Oblivious status effect, we have removed the terror radius condition from the perk. To compensate, we have reduced the duration of the Endurance effect to 8/10/12 seconds.

    Object of Obsession

    This PTB also features the newly reworked Object of Obsession: Any time your aura is revealed to the Killer, their aura is revealed to you and gain a 2/4/6% bonus to healing, repairing, a cleansing speed. If you are the obsession, your aura is revealed to the Killer for 3 seconds every 30 seconds.

    This new version has a few benefits:

    • Being able to track the Killer
    • Being able to deduce which aura reading perks the Killer is using when Object of Obsession activates
    • Being able to attract the Killer and then sneak away before they can get there

    With these changes, we hope to make Object of Obsession a more fun and interactive perk for both sides.

    Miscellaneous Balance

    Toolboxes

    The chance to receive a skill check while using a toolbox has been increased. This change makes toolboxes feel more interactive while they’re in use and is totally not because the lead designer had a skill check challenge and got unlucky three matches in a row.

    Hatches

    Another small tweak: We have decreased the time the hatch remains open after a key is used from 30 seconds to 10 seconds. Like before, if the hatch closes naturally (is not kicked shut), the End Game Collapse will not start.

    Please note that this is not the final change keys will be receiving. We’ll share more info on the future of keys as soon as we can.

    HUD Update

    For the 4.7.0 PTB, we have made some more changes to the HUD; this time focusing on the visibility of Killer powers on the Survivor portraits. In this update, we have made improvements to:

    • The Doctor’s Madness effect (also made it easier to differentiate between different levels of Madness)
    • The Nightmare’s Dream World effect & sleep timer
    • The Plague’s Infection meter
    • Stalk meters & Ghost Face’s mark

    Additionally, we’ve also adjusted the Survivor portraits so they no longer obstruct the bottom of power indicators.

    Struggle Update

    In an ongoing effort to improve accessibility, we have changed the way struggling works starting in the PTB. Rather than needing to mash a button, Survivors in their second hook stage will now receive occasional skill checks. The success zones are fairly large as we’re not looking to make struggling more difficult/deadly at this time.

    Missing one of these skill checks will remove a chunk of your struggle meter. If you do not attempt to hit two consecutive skill checks, you will be immediately sacrificed. As you receive skill checks, your struggle meter will gradually decrease at the same rate as before.

    Our goal with this change is to make struggling more accessible to players with repetitive strain injuries while keeping struggling as an interactive mechanic.

    Graphical Update: Coldwind Farm

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/EDCPLO9Z7L18/barn.png

    I was going to put a funny intro here, but it was too corny.

    In case you missed it, the next realm slated for a graphical update is the Coldwind Farm! Check out some screenshots from the upcoming rework.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3MF8JFEUU4AA/farmhouse.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RMTRXSIHEP58/fields.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4OAYHGTSUB0J/silo.png

    On that note, we’ve reached the end of this Developer Update. All of the changes mentioned above will be available for testing in this week’s Player Test Build, starting April 13th. We look forward to reading your feedback once you’ve had a chance to try them out!


  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/242180/oh-god-its-already-happening

    Kind of reminds me of how killers saw nothing but instaheals every game because BHVR game survivors a 1 month warning before nerfing them. Same with BNPs and toolboxes overall. As is it now with keys.

    I don't think you get to complain about the one time killers get to have some fun.

    Oh god I remember that. Facing an insta heal almost every game for a month was pure torture.

  • Yeah, I was afraid this was going to happen. Same thing thing happened with Insta-Heals and Moris. Very painful times.

  • can confirm, played a few games of survivor earlier, and they were all against Iri head Huntress...

  • @GeneralV said:

    Yeah, I was afraid this was going to happen. Same thing thing happened with Insta-Heals and Moris. Very painful times.

    It didn't happen with mories though because they got a stealth change.

    Although I'm 100% sure this isn't happening with keys, so next midchapter is going to be a 4 keys every match.

  • @Profezia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104632#Comment_2104632

    It didn't happen with mories though because they got a stealth change.

    Although I'm 100% sure this isn't happening with keys, so next midchapter is going to be a 4 keys every match.

    There's at least one key every match already.

  • Weird. All of my trials have been forever Freddy. It's become completely obnoxious.

  • I dread when other survivors bring keys because it's usually a sign to the killer to go no holds barred lol

  • Luckily I play on switch with crossplay off so the Iri Head Huntress Apocalypse has not set in yet... however after about a month Freddy disappeared for the most part because people weren't playing him (they freaking all prestiged him like me) and now it's the Freddy Apocalypse.

  • @Profezia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104632#Comment_2104632

    It didn't happen with mories though because they got a stealth change.

    Although I'm 100% sure this isn't happening with keys, so next midchapter is going to be a 4 keys every match.

    My mistake then, but I certainly remember people going nuts with Moris. Maybe it was something else. 

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104660#Comment_2104660

    My mistake then, but I certainly remember people going nuts with Moris. Maybe it was something else. 

    It was likely the tome challenge to "Kill a survivor by your hand while they are exposed using the perk rancor". A lot of people cheesed that with moris and NOED.

  • @TomBombadil said:

    I dread when other survivors bring keys because it's usually a sign to the killer to go no holds barred lol

    Not only that, on Solo queue people with keys tend to play in a very peculiar way, unless the Killer is getting decimated once there are 3 or 4 gens fixed they usually disappear never to be seen again near a gen, waiting for people to die so the Hatch spawns and they can use it.

    Its odd, keys are supposed to increase my chances of escaping yet when I see a Survivor with them (unless a 3 SWF team) I tend to die a lot more.

  • The PTB starts today. You can avoid the Huntress stampede, using up their Iri Heads, by going and playing a week in the test phase.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    The PTB starts today. You can avoid the Huntress stampede, using up their Iri Heads, by going and playing a week in the test phase.

    Not if you’re on console. 😭

  • @Moundshroud said:

    The PTB starts today. You can avoid the Huntress stampede, using up their Iri Heads, by going and playing a week in the test phase.

    *Sad console noises*

  • @Mandy said:

    can confirm, played a few games of survivor earlier, and they were all against Iri head Huntress...

    Remember to rate how much fun you had in the post-trial screen. 5/5 is a good starting point.

  • Kinda sucks they don't do more insidious changes. Like how they threw the mori change on suddenly to avoid a mori invasion.

  • Good that the rank reset was today, so i don't have to play the 5 games for red rank vs. iri huntressess.

  • @syain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104436#Comment_2104436

    Builds that facilitate toxic behavior*, sorry, thought it was pretty clear.

    Toxic behavior = *Trying to win* ; *having fun*

  • Don't be sad, you can now move 4.6m/s with Huntress with no hatches if you find and use a red add-on. So smile, BHVR basically says "Huntress becomes M1 killer in high ranks especially against SWFs".

  • I see keys nearly every game. Your nightmare will end in a few weeks.

    When will mine?

  • @Mr_K said:

    I see keys nearly every game. Your nightmare will end in a few weeks.

    When will mine?

    I know right? We have been waiting months... since the Mori nerf... to see the damn keys get adjusted.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104417#Comment_2104417

    They did that with mori's, while at the same time giving survivors a now...over 5 month warning that they were going to rework keys.

    Like I said, killers deserve this one.

    A good portion of my 1283 iri heads will be put to use the next while.

    they aren't changing keys at all. all that changed was the hatch open time from 30 seconds to 10 seconds. a good team will all be right there at the hatch and THEN use the key. nothing really is being changed substantially about keys yet.... so I still say they are not going to change them. sure hatch changes are good but as i said they'll still be right there and poof they are out.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104889#Comment_2104889

    I know right? We have been waiting months... since the Mori nerf... to see the damn keys get adjusted.

    keys weren't changed one bit. still easy as hell to get in the chests with all the chest perks survivors have now. and though hatch time has changed it doesn't change that they would not jump out till everyone getting out were right there and therefore the time change doesn't really affect keys.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104928#Comment_2104928

    keys weren't changed one bit. still easy as hell to get in the chests with all the chest perks survivors have now. and though hatch time has changed it doesn't change that they would not jump out till everyone getting out were right there and therefore the time change doesn't really affect keys.

    I know? That is what I said isn't it? I said we have been waiting months... since the Mori nerf to see keys get adjusted. What did you think I said?

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104959#Comment_2104959

    I know? That is what I said isn't it? I said we have been waiting months... since the Mori nerf to see keys get adjusted. What did you think I said?

    you said you've been waiting months for these key changes and they haven't come yet is my point.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104974#Comment_2104974

    you said you've been waiting months for these key changes and they haven't come yet is my point.

    Yeah... that is my point too. Maybe I need more caffeine.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/242180/oh-god-its-already-happening

    Kind of reminds me of how killers saw nothing but instaheals every game because BHVR game survivors a 1 month warning before nerfing them. Same with BNPs and toolboxes overall. As is it now with keys.

    I don't think you get to complain about the one time killers get to have some fun.

    And you are assuming this person just happens to waste all their heals and bnps because "urf theyll get nerfed".

    If you know they did its fair but still condesending.

    Shaming someone for being annoyed at it will only be there to make you feel better.

    Yes they get to complain and so do the killers about the key bs. Voicing an opinion shouldnt be a privledge.

    Stop pinning the devs decisions on individual players.

  • @Profezia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104632#Comment_2104632

    It didn't happen with mories though because they got a stealth change.

    Although I'm 100% sure this isn't happening with keys, so next midchapter is going to be a 4 keys every match.

    That's because every other game had a morri... content creators on Youtube were struggling to record footage due to bombarding of morris

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/242180/oh-god-its-already-happening

    Kind of reminds me of how killers saw nothing but instaheals every game because BHVR game survivors a 1 month warning before nerfing them. Same with BNPs and toolboxes overall. As is it now with keys.

    I don't think you get to complain about the one time killers get to have some fun.

    The last part of what you said doesn't even make sense. That addon has been in the game for ages so this is not 'the one time killers get to have some fun'. They've been getting to have that fun ever since iri head was added to the game. Only this time you can make yourself feel better about playing on easy mode because 'you have no choice' but to use them now.

  • I'll never understand people thinking like this.

    Like, instead of using other addons and custom matches to practice to have their throws count and thus be impressive, they throw a tantrum.

    Why? (I mean, we all know why)

  • @TomBombadil said:

    Overall I really like the upcoming changes. However my first 3 games have been huntress with iri head trying to use them up before the rightly needed change. It's going to be a painful week I think.

    Enjoy for now.

    The wait time will get even longer once this update is applied.

    You won't be able to play as many matches as you do now since there will be less killers.

  • Very rarely do I see a survivor bring a key. like 5% of matches if that.

    I don't know what BHVR plans on reworking for keys but, I always thought they should only be found in game. Like, the match has gone horribly and your only chance is to try to find a key.

  • @syain said:

    Yeah it's gonna be pretty painful. Even though I've come to like survivor more I think I'll play some killer with non-toxic builds to give survivors a little break in between iri head games.

    You're a saint sir. Don't let anyone corrupt you.

  • Waiting ten minutes for a survivor cue to face insta-down ranged Iri head, is not fun...

  • Certain things should be shadow nerfed to avoid making the game unplayable for a week.

  • @Profezia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2104632#Comment_2104632

    It didn't happen with mories though because they got a stealth change.

    Although I'm 100% sure this isn't happening with keys, so next midchapter is going to be a 4 keys every match.

    From the day they announced they were "looking into keys and moris" i havnt played a single killer game without an ebony mori, until the nerf came. And others did as well. On the same note, i have used up nearly all keys i have.

  • Guess I'll be using all my keys. If it's an Iri Head Huntress, I'll use the key. If it's not I won't use it even if I'm the last survivor.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/242180/oh-god-its-already-happening

    Kind of reminds me of how killers saw nothing but instaheals every game because BHVR game survivors a 1 month warning before nerfing them. Same with BNPs and toolboxes overall. As is it now with keys.

    I don't think you get to complain about the one time killers get to have some fun.

    I honestly would rather save them then get the new Iri add on so after 1 hatchet I can loop if I want just for the lols

‹ 1 2