Why do people use iri head on Huntress?

Is there really any reason that people use iri head other than the fact that they want to win in a video game so badly that they have to make the game as unfair as possible in their favor?

I had a Twitch streamer use the excuse of them warming up for practice as a Huntress main. Really? You want to practice by making the game as easy as possible? Iri head is the most ridiculous thing in this game.

Comments

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027514#Comment_2027514

    Deathslinger you need to not only hit the player but also reel them in so there's a bit more to him being successful than the Huntress. Huntress you just need to hit someone with the hatchet from a distance and plenty of good Huntress players can do this so the add on will still be useful for them. Putting the range restriction means no more ridiculous point blank insta downs.

    "Ridiculous point blank Insta downs"

    That's like getting mad at being

    1. Outplayed because she read and figured out your movement

    2. Your out positioned and your screwed

    3. It's like getting mad at going down against Billy and/or Leatherfact and they started reving at your back

    Don't blame "YOUR" mistakes or downfall on the killer

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027514#Comment_2027514

    Deathslinger you need to not only hit the player but also reel them in so there's a bit more to him being successful than the Huntress. Huntress you just need to hit someone with the hatchet from a distance and plenty of good Huntress players can do this so the add on will still be useful for them. Putting the range restriction means no more ridiculous point blank insta downs.

    I thought people didn't like the iri head because she could 1 hit you at range (unlike every other 1 hit, which is melee) . If they catch up to you're going down regardless of iri head. (M1 to injure, toss a regular hatchet when you get the temp speed boost from being injured)

  • Because it's powerful, next question.

  • @gendoss said:

    Is there really any reason that people use iri head other than the fact that they want to win in a video game so badly that they have to make the game as unfair as possible in their favor?

    I had a Twitch streamer use the excuse of them warming up for practice as a Huntress main. Really? You want to practice by making the game as easy as possible? Iri head is the most ridiculous thing in this game.

    Because they feel like using it? What? That's a sin now? Can people not have free will of what to use?

  • Because its pretty much a free win, worst case scenario is usually a guaranteed 2K.

  • @Xzan said:

    I use Iri hatchets if there is a key in the Lobby. If they want a fast game, they can have it.

    @Xzan said:

    I use Iri hatchets if there is a key in the Lobby. If they want a fast game, they can have it.

    This response is brilliant 😄

  • @gendoss said:

    Is there really any reason that people use iri head other than the fact that they want to win in a video game so badly that they have to make the game as unfair as possible in their favor?

    I had a Twitch streamer use the excuse of them warming up for practice as a Huntress main. Really? You want to practice by making the game as easy as possible? Iri head is the most ridiculous thing in this game.

    Because I play to win.

    http://www.sirlin.net/ptw


  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027541#Comment_2027541

    "Ridiculous point blank Insta downs"

    That's like getting mad at being

    1. Outplayed because she read and figured out your movement

    2. Your out positioned and your screwed

    3. It's like getting mad at going down against Billy and/or Leatherfact and they started reving at your back

    Don't blame "YOUR" mistakes or downfall on the killer

    Hillbilly and Leatherface don't have insta-saw, they need to rev up first. Huntress doesn't even need to fully charge her hatchet, it's as quick as an m1. Any other instadown requires some sort of build up or requirement to use or is not indefinite - chainsaw you need to rev, Deathslinger you need to reel in the survivors from certain distance, Oni/Mikey you need to earn your power, Ghostface you need to mark, Clown you need to first hit with a bottle, Devour Hope you need to hook survivors multiple times, Make Your Choice you need to be away from hook when rescue occurs, NOED you need to protect atleast one dull totem, Haunted Grounds you gotta hope you're able to find a survivor during that minute. Huntress iri hatchet has 0 requirements, lasts the entire match and the only limit of hatches is removed with infantry belt.

    @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027541#Comment_2027541

    I thought people didn't like the iri head because she could 1 hit you at range (unlike every other 1 hit, which is melee) . If they catch up to you're going down regardless of iri head. (M1 to injure, toss a regular hatchet when you get the temp speed boost from being injured)

    Distance atleast takes some skill, m1 followed by hatchet even requires some skill - getting up on a survivor and hitting them with a hatchet that doesn't even require to be charged doesn't take any skill. All the other melee insta downs have requirements/limits (see above) while Huntress only limit is removed with infantry belt.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027567#Comment_2027567

    Hillbilly and Leatherface don't have insta-saw, they need to rev up first. Huntress doesn't even need to fully charge her hatchet, it's as quick as an m1. Any other instadown requires some sort of build up or requirement to use or is not indefinite - chainsaw you need to rev, Deathslinger you need to reel in the survivors from certain distance, Oni/Mikey you need to earn your power, Ghostface you need to mark, Clown you need to first hit with a bottle, Devour Hope you need to hook survivors multiple times, Make Your Choice you need to be away from hook when rescue occurs, NOED you need to protect atleast one dull totem, Haunted Grounds you gotta hope you're able to find a survivor during that minute. Huntress iri hatchet has 0 requirements, lasts the entire match and the only limit of hatches is removed with infantry belt.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027574#Comment_2027574

    Distance atleast takes some skill, m1 followed by hatchet even requires some skill - getting up on a survivor and hitting them with a hatchet that doesn't even require to be charged doesn't take any skill. All the other melee insta downs have requirements/limits (see above) while Huntress only limit is removed with infantry belt.

    "0 requirements"

    She still has to aim, outs possible for her to miss at point blank. Complaining about Iri heads downing you at point blank range is complaining about the fact that "YOU" allowed "YOURSELF" to be out positioned

  • Why do survivors use keys?

    Should everyone ignore anything strong for the sake of politeness?

    I'm absolutely in favor of removing or reworking some of the game breaking perks/items/addons in this game, but you really can't expect people to just let things rot in their inventories because those things are strong.

  • @Xzan said:

    I use Iri hatchets if there is a key in the Lobby. If they want a fast game, they can have it.

    This is why I slap on the key with 6 seconds to go in the lobby so killers can't equip their franklins, moris, and lri hatchets.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027798#Comment_2027798

    "0 requirements"

    She still has to aim, outs possible for her to miss at point blank. Complaining about Iri heads downing you at point blank range is complaining about the fact that "YOU" allowed "YOURSELF" to be out positioned

    No aiming is needed when she's that close. It's not difficult to get close to survivors, why every other insta down has requirements/limits.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027088#Comment_2027088

    This is why I slap on the key with 6 seconds to go in the lobby so killers can't equip their franklins, moris, and lri hatchets.

    Ah, so you want all the advantages while giving the killer 0 chance to counter it. That's pretty pathetic. But I don't expect much from last second switcher.

  • My idea for a Iri Head nerf was always remove the Insta-down, make it so you can only carry one hatchet, that number can not be increased by any means, and instead have it give every singe negetive status effect survivors can get. Mangled, hemorrhage, blindness, oblivious, exaustion, hindered, broken, and deep wound.

  • Because the devs keep absurdly OP things in the game for years. More than 2 years ago one of the devs said on their personal stream that iridescent heads are problematic and would be nerfed "soon."

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027060#Comment_2027060

    What do you think SWF feels like to a trapper or ghost face?

    Dont know, ask to my friend that cant even hit an skill check

  • IMO All the Huntresses that have brought Iri are bad anyway, so one is to assume that is the reason.

    Even Huntress mains who are skilled will tell you how busted that add on is. So if you want a reason this is why.

  • Why do people use keys, ds+unbreakable, haddonfield keys, OoO, SWF, and many second chance perks? Do they want to make the game as unfair as possible?

  • So picture this you have 45 iri heads and 47 hunting belts? You telling me that allure of power isn't gonna draw you to it. Also its a fast way to push the skilled huntress achievement which is kind of ironic when you stop and think about it. Besides iri head is terrible with weak huntress players if you can't hit your shots having a smaller capacity is terrible. You can lie to yourself and say oh huntress is a crap player they need the add on to win but we all know its just the add on being busted as fk. The huntress has to be at least decent to actually do well with the add on. But there I go again using a metric besides good or bad to define the skill level of a player what a strange concept.

    @Sandt21 said:

    My idea for a Iri Head nerf was always remove the Insta-down, make it so you can only carry one hatchet, that number can not be increased by any means, and instead have it give every singe negetive status effect survivors can get. Mangled, hemorrhage, blindness, oblivious, exaustion, hindered, broken, and deep wound.

    This is terrible why would you want to stop throwing hatchets after you get a hit. You need to score a down fast and a slow ass huntress whos reloading all the time is never gonna be played because your wasting to much time. The easier solution would be to make the first hatchet instadown and subsequent hatchets work as normal. I get it its a funny idea but its terrible in a game like dbd where the clock is against you and snowballing is important. In dbd meme add ons need some competitive merit or people will just ignore them and only be used by players who are only out to make content.

  • Remember folks, stuff is only unfair when the Killer does it.

  • Ay Mane hate the game not the player

  • Wish I'd see more using it. Makes the match more interesting, challenging, and the teammates that don't dc approach the match more seriously.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    Remember folks, stuff is only unfair when the Killer does it.

    Yeah because you never see complaints about the advantages survivors have do you 😉

  • @Xzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027910#Comment_2027910

    Ah, so you want all the advantages while giving the killer 0 chance to counter it. That's pretty pathetic. But I don't expect much from last second switcher.

    I don't do it to be toxic it's just the only way i'm gonna counter them. Unless if maybe I drop the key somewhere but it's hard for me to trust that my teammates are gonna leave it on the ground.

  • It the hitboxes with them that is the worst part. You can see the thing go past, even gives the noise of it hitting a wall or tree or whatever, but still registers as a hit! That pisses me off, when I know i dodged it, and no, some of this I have watched back on the killers stream, and even they have been confused by the hits

  • I had 3 flashlight with second chance perks. As soon as that hatchet hit there go a dc.

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027059#Comment_2027059

    I mean I guess if you find making the game as unfair as possible to be fun then go for it. Just know the devs want it gone.

    well, that's how survivors have fun, or are you under the impression that this game is suppose to be fair ? lmfao

  • Why do killers down survivors? Do they need to win so badly that they'd down and hook survivors?

  • @gendoss said:

    Is there really any reason that people use iri head other than the fact that they want to win in a video game so badly that they have to make the game as unfair as possible in their favor?

    I had a Twitch streamer use the excuse of them warming up for practice as a Huntress main. Really? You want to practice by making the game as easy as possible? Iri head is the most ridiculous thing in this game.

    I expect they use it because they earned the BP that bought it. They don't have to explain anything to us. The DEV will either nerf it or not, but the Players owe you nothing.

  • @gendoss said:

    Is there really any reason that people use iri head other than the fact that they want to win in a video game so badly that they have to make the game as unfair as possible in their favor?

    I had a Twitch streamer use the excuse of them warming up for practice as a Huntress main. Really? You want to practice by making the game as easy as possible? Iri head is the most ridiculous thing in this game.

    Kinda feel like this has "why does the killer need to kill the survivors" vibes.

  • This thread is proof that this forum is killer-heavy. Whole lotta defending this add on from the same people that are crying about survivors holding w, using dead hard, existing, etc.

    if you think this add on is balanced don’t whine about survivor perks. Hypocrites. Goddamn this game has gone down the drain and you entitled wankers are the reason.

  • @aEONoHM said:

    This thread is proof that this forum is killer-heavy. Whole lotta defending this add on from the same people that are crying about survivors holding w, using dead hard, existing, etc.

    if you think this add on is balanced don’t whine about survivor perks. Hypocrites. Goddamn this game has gone down the drain and you entitled wankers are the reason.

    I certainly didn't make any comment on whether or not I think it is balanced. I said the Killer bought it with earned BP and that is their business. If you have a beef you take it up with the DEV. No PLAYER, whether they are Killer or Survivor owes you an explanation for what they choose in their builds.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2028845#Comment_2028845

    I certainly didn't make any comment on whether or not I think it is balanced. I said the Killer bought it with earned BP and that is their business. If you have a beef you take it up with the DEV. No PLAYER, whether they are Killer or Survivor owes you an explanation for what they choose in their builds.

    Of course nobody owes anybody an explanation but this is the forums where people discuss the game and share their feelings about it.

  • Simple answer: because it's an add-on that exists and you are free to use it if you want.

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2028851#Comment_2028851

    Of course nobody owes anybody an explanation but this is the forums where people discuss the game and share their feelings about it.

    And my feelings about people who gripe or passive-aggressively complain about what other people bring in their builds are self-entitled Karens. There; I've shared my feelings. And no, I don't play Huntress.

  • Because they want to.

    I'm sure that even among people that use it, a lot of them won't shed a single tear if it gets nerfed. Along with keys and moris before their change they're up there among the things as close to universally considered kinda busted as possible, but they're still in the game and people can use them if they want.

  • I use them for hunting the Skilled Huntress achievement since I like hunting achievements and am not that good at Huntress in the first place. The things definitely need to be nerfed there is no denying that, I would say make it so that they can only proc on fully charged hits on targets greater than 24 meters away. That way, if you suspect the Huntress has perks like BBQ or Discordance, you can keep an eye and ear out for the hatchets, and if you know she has them you can make sure you aren't too far away from them when they aim the hatchets.

  • It's just used by players to be a bum really and see if they get anyone dc's. The iridescent users know it's a bullcrap add on and probably complain about it aswell when going up agasint it. Its basically the click of flash light and tea bag that survivors do lol just to annoy the enemy.

  • Why do survivors use purple toolboxes with brand new parts?

    You act like they give the iri heads in every bloodweb. Learn to dodge more and cry less.

  • @gendoss said:

    Is there really any reason that people use iri head other than the fact that they want to win in a video game so badly that they have to make the game as unfair as possible in their favor?

    I had a Twitch streamer use the excuse of them warming up for practice as a Huntress main. Really? You want to practice by making the game as easy as possible? Iri head is the most ridiculous thing in this game.

    its just an add on. there are killers who can one shot you way easier than a huntress with iri head. hatchets arent that difficult to dodge unless its an amazing huntress or you are unlucky enough to suffer from awful hit boxes but that hasnt happened to me in a while (with huntress). i see how people can get upset about it but I only ever see it like every 50 huntresses so i dont think its a huge deal.

  • I mean, it's good and it's there. Until it gets nerfed it's there and there's nothing anybody can do.

  • The only time I've ever used it was when I went against the same SWF again after losing to them miserably, who were extremely toxic, brought a coldwind offering with an object of obsession and were clearly on comms with all of them having DS/UB/DH/BT and were fairly good at the game.

    So I brought Iri Head to even the play field, and of course they threw a tantrum because apparently killers just exist for survivors to bully.

  • Well the only answer I can give you is...

    A.) People use IRI Head probably cause they get tired of losing, and probably get toxic survivors.

    Or

    B.) They're just literal tryhards at the game, and need to brag about winning.

  • I dc immediately when facing an iri head huntress. I dont care about the penalty or loss of rank. That match is a waste of time in solo que.

  • Why do people leave the dumbest questions on here. It's a game, and quite frankly, killers do what they want. Oh well.

  • @DrThanatic said:

    Why do people leave the dumbest questions on here. It's a game, and quite frankly, killers do what they want. Oh well.

    I mean if you don't want to try to answer the question that's fine. I've gotten lots of really insightful answers from this thread.

  • I read every ######### page of this thread and imma be honest, I wanted to choke the ######### outta half these people. However in the midst of the chaos, that is this "discussion", I read these responses. 

    @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027412#Comment_2027412

    You've just opened a big ol' can of whataboutism knowing this forum.

    For some players winning is everything, even if it means taking shortcuts. The dopamine from winning is the "fun" for them, not the actual gameplay. They don't care if you or they have fun as long as they win.

    I like to win, sure. But I also want to have fun. It's why I tend to only play low/mid tier killers nowadays and avoid meta/boring perkbuilds, I'm sort of the opposite in that as long as the match was tense and challenging, I don't really care about the outcome. Spirit/Fred/Slinger all made chases short and boring and that was where the fun in the game was for me. But for someone who loves those killers their fun comes from the fact that chases are short and easy, and the fun comes from elsewhere for them.

    @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2027430#Comment_2027430

    It's funny seeing users who have previously complained about it in their own threads immediately break out the "BUT WHAT ABOUT [blank]". Its a problem with the whole community, not just here. It's a problem with every asymmetrical game I've ever played.

    People experienced in one form of gameplay but not the other usually resort to it when something they like/use often gets criticised. There's a major lack of impartiality on these forums that makes serious balance discussion very difficult.


    This guy pretty much summed it up perfectly.

    I can't tell you how to think but this was the best "takeaway" in my opinion.

    So shout out to this guy for making sense and also shout out to you for being polite to a bunch of people who were disrespectful af to you when you didn't even do anything to them! 💙

  • @gendoss said:

    Is there really any reason that people use iri head other than the fact that they want to win in a video game so badly that they have to make the game as unfair as possible in their favor?

    I had a Twitch streamer use the excuse of them warming up for practice as a Huntress main. Really? You want to practice by making the game as easy as possible? Iri head is the most ridiculous thing in this game.

    I'm a survivor main and yes it does suck being a survivor but all the killers have super powerful add ons and it's totally fair for them to use them, they paid their money for the game and can use whatever perks they wish

1 2 ›