Bodyblocking in chase

Is annoying as hell to deal with as killer

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • The only time I ever see bodyblocking as annoying is when the person with Borrowed Time is blocking me from chasing their savior. You're just asking to be hooked again.

    Otherwise it's just a free hit & I usually don't mind.

  • @BitingSea said:

    Is annoying as hell to deal with as killer and it really just reminds me that a lot of survivors really aren't in it for the fun

    What do you mean? The fun is in the challenge, and taking a calculated risk to protect your teammates is the heart and soul of the game. I'm not sure I follow your logic.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/224395/bodyblocking-in-chase

    What do you mean? The fun is in the challenge, and taking a calculated risk to protect your teammates is the heart and soul of the game. I'm not sure I follow your logic.

    Running behind someone isn't a challenge you're literally just annoying the killer, how is that calculated at all

  • It's either being altruistic or trolling literally all a survivor can do to protect their teammate is take the hit.

  • Wait. What's wrong with taking a Protection Hit?


    It's literally one of the ways to get tokens for We're Gonna Live Forever.

  • @Karao_Ke said:

    The only time I ever see bodyblocking as annoying is when the person with Borrowed Time is blocking me from chasing their savior. You're just asking to be hooked again.

    Otherwise it's just a free hit & I usually don't mind.

    My save the best for last addiction thanks the person willing to take a hit with bt.

  • Bodyblocking's just great teamwork, when it's done right.

  • @GodLikeTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1921338#Comment_1921338

    My save the best for last addiction thanks the person willing to take a hit with bt.

    Lol yeah. I always have a hard time running STBFL because I can never resist hitting the obsession even with 8 stacks.

  • @BitingSea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1921341#Comment_1921341

    Running behind someone isn't a challenge you're literally just annoying the killer, how is that calculated at all

    If they are running "behind" you they are not body blocking. The Killer is faster than Survivors. Let's get something straight. Your job is to kill as many Survivors as you can. They are your objective. The Survivors get points for getting out alive, and to do that they need one another. Begrudging them one of the ways they can take protection hits shows you to be a very poor sport.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1921345#Comment_1921345

    If they are running "behind" you they are not body blocking. The Killer is faster than Survivors. Let's get something straight. Your job is to kill as many Survivors as you can. They are your objective. The Survivors get points for getting out alive, and to do that they need one another. Begrudging them one of the ways they can take protection hits shows you to be a very poor sport.

    I'm not saying it's like cheating or anything I'm just saying it's annoying af you're the one trying to be victim

  • The only thing I have against body blocking is when the gates are open, everyone else is at full health and I am trying to secure my only kill. Granted at that point I already lost but I hate how the survivors complain about me tunneling when it is impossible to down someone else before they get out.

    I've yet to see someone body block a chainsaw.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    The only thing I have against body blocking is when the gates are open, everyone else is at full health and I am trying to secure my only kill. Granted at that point I already lost but I hate how the survivors complain about me tunneling when it is impossible to down someone else before they get out.

    I've yet to see someone body block a chainsaw.

    That's what made me make the post in the first place, got bodyblocked by 2 full health survivors guarding 1 injured, it's so annoying and I don't wanna pick instadown killers all the time just to get them out the way

  • @BitingSea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1921374#Comment_1921374

    I'm not saying it's like cheating or anything I'm just saying it's annoying af you're the one trying to be victim

    Depends on how you look at it. To me it is a free hit; and I never look a gift horse in the mouth. Chances are, if they are trying to body block there are a couple of things going on:

    1. You are in the end game and the gates are open. You are chasing an injured Survivor and fresh ones are trying to get in your way, knowing that after the hit everyone will get out. Sure, this is going to be annoying, but that is the game.
    2. You are chasing someone who is facing death hook, and the others know it. Most likely they are a SWF and being super altruistic because of it. Take the free hit; why not? Then you have a choice of two injured targets to chase.
    3. You are tunneling someone and they know it.

    I'm not arguing just for the sake of argument. I'm just trying to understand why body blocking would bother you. The only time it is lose/lose is situation #1 I list above. And let's be honest, if you are in situation #1 above, you have pretty much already lost the game. Every other time it is a win/win for the Killer.

  • @jester20k said:

    Well, usually survivors only do this if you are being a tunneling dbag to help their friends be able to actually play the game. Are you a tunneler?

    You must never play killer because it usually happens all the time regardless.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1921330#Comment_1921330

    You must never play killer because it usually happens all the time regardless.

    I play killer all the time, it is rare for someone to jump in to a chase to take aggro, unless that person is on their last hook, but usually even then they don't unless you're tunneling the f out of someone. Taking a hit at the exit gates is common, but if that's what this guy is annoyed with yeah its annoying but who would expect them to do anything else?

  • Try and unlock mad grit. Nothing is funnier then downing the other three survivors all thinking they are going to sabo the hook. Then still hooking cause they have essentially frozen the struggle timer.

  • If they are bodyblocking they are not on gens. Noed at end of game. If its out of the blue its probably their looper, hit him if u can or ignore him and tunnel the F out of your original target for having D bag teammates. It will annoy them alot more than the bodblock annoys you.

  • I only see bodyblocking during EGC. Sign of a good/smart survivor.

  • @BitingSea said:

    Is annoying as hell to deal with as killer and it really just reminds me that a lot of survivors really aren't in it for the fun

    This only usually happens when you're tunneling so yeah, stop tunneling.

  • @jester20k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1921414#Comment_1921414

    I play killer all the time, it is rare for someone to jump in to a chase to take aggro, unless that person is on their last hook, but usually even then they don't unless you're tunneling the f out of someone. Taking a hit at the exit gates is common, but if that's what this guy is annoyed with yeah its annoying but who would expect them to do anything else?

    " it is rare for someone to jump in to a chase to take aggro"

    You're lying through your teeth or you don't have experience.

  • @Karao_Ke said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1921356#Comment_1921356

    Lol yeah. I always have a hard time running STBFL because I can never resist hitting the obsession even with 8 stacks.

    When I run STBFL I will throw games to keep stacks.

  • @BitingSea said:

    Is annoying as hell to deal with as killer

    It's even more annoying to deal with as Survivor.

  • @BitingSea said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1921382#Comment_1921382

    That's what made me make the post in the first place, got bodyblocked by 2 full health survivors guarding 1 injured, it's so annoying and I don't wanna pick instadown killers all the time just to get them out the way

    Heaven forbid survivors try to help their teammates.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    The only thing I have against body blocking is when the gates are open, everyone else is at full health and I am trying to secure my only kill. Granted at that point I already lost but I hate how the survivors complain about me tunneling when it is impossible to down someone else before they get out.

    I've yet to see someone body block a chainsaw.

    I have, lol. Im just like... you didnt think this one through did ya...

    CHAINSAW GO VROOOOOM

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1922481#Comment_1922481

    " it is rare for someone to jump in to a chase to take aggro"

    You're lying through your teeth or you don't have experience.

    I am neither lying nor do I lack experience, you're a testy one aren't you? Chill out

  • It's a play. It's frustrating you because they are probably doing it at very good times because there is a matchmaking/ranking/skill difference and you probably shouldn't have been paired in the first place. You'll have to just learn to deal with that kinda thing.

    It's one tool in the survivors arsenal to use against you. You can use it against them too, catch someone in a corner as an instant down killer or plague or something and RIP them.

    Once you get better; it becomes less and less of an issue. If you are really having a hard time try taking agitation or mad grit or something for a while.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It's a play. It's frustrating you because they are probably doing it at very good times because there is a matchmaking/ranking/skill difference and you probably shouldn't have been paired in the first place. You'll have to just learn to deal with that kinda thing.

    It's one tool in the survivors arsenal to use against you. You can use it against them too, catch someone in a corner as an instant down killer or plague or something and RIP them.

    Once you get better; it becomes less and less of an issue. If you are really having a hard time try taking agitation or mad grit or something for a while.

    Yeah That makes sense if a killer is getting stomped why not screw with them i guess.

  • @jester20k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1925063#Comment_1925063

    Yeah That makes sense if a killer is getting stomped why not screw with them i guess.

    What? It's not about screwing with the killer it's about protecting your teammates.

    If they are not protecting anyone then just hit them and take the free hit that is helping you out?

  • Body-blocking is a legitimate strategy. If you don’t like it, toughen up buttercup.

  • It's like a killer tunneling or camping during EGC. It's the only smart play really and the opposing side has no right to complain.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    As an Oni main I approve protection hits, please continue doing them!

    I run agitation on trapper so I love it as well. Especially when they try and blind me while I am moving.

  • bodyblocking itself isn't the issue it's when the survivor pushes your killer out of the way. Some midget pipsqueak 80lbs wethrough survivor pushes my 8ft tall built like an oak tree Trapper to the side with ease......yeah ok. That's not dumb at all.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1925066#Comment_1925066

    What? It's not about screwing with the killer it's about protecting your teammates.

    If they are not protecting anyone then just hit them and take the free hit that is helping you out?

    You misunderstand I was agreeing with you

  • Body blocking is only a pain at end game or when trying to tunnel. It's a team game, you gotta expect survivors to at least pretend they want their teammates to live. It's exactly as valid as unhooking or healing, and gives bloodpoints, meaning it's definitely an intended mechanic.

    Does it suck when you're at egc and they unhook the one kill you may have had that round? Yup, just like it sucks when everyone on your team is sacrificed before more than a couple gens are done and the hatch gets closed right before you reach it. That's the game. Win some, lose some.

  • Taking a protection hit to save a team mate is pretty common especially if that team mate is on death hook and the generators are close to being completed - it makes sense from the survivors perspective to keep all 4 players alive for as long as possible. It's not about trying to annoy the killer, it's about trying to keep the whole team alive.

  • I'll bodyblock to peel a killer off of their tunnel, or if a bud is on their deathhook. Best ones are when you crouch in between two trees or a destroyed pallet and they look around bewildered for what they got stuck on.

    I'll also do it to draw agro from someone who is even worse than me at looping, which is saying something...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    bodyblocking itself isn't the issue it's when the survivor pushes your killer out of the way. Some midget pipsqueak 80lbs wethrough survivor pushes my 8ft tall built like an oak tree Trapper to the side with ease......yeah ok. That's not dumb at all.

    I also can see Jeff and his beard shoving Legion or my Piggy right into a ditch. Good thing DBD isn't too realistic!

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/224395/bodyblocking-in-chase

    What do you mean? The fun is in the challenge, and taking a calculated risk to protect your teammates is the heart and soul of the game. I'm not sure I follow your logic.

    Why didn't you abuse him? >:[