48 Hour Ban is Excessive

I can understand a need for the DC penalty to prevent people from disconnecting on purpose. But I don’t think it needs to go to 48 hours or beyond to get the message across. A few hours is enough to keep people from doing it or at least give them a clean slate after a period of time. I don’t appreciate not being able to play the game I’ve never felt so stomped on as a player in any other video game than this one. Even those with DC penalties at least allow you to rejoin and avoid the penalty in the case that it was on accident. I think if there was a way to compensate the killer for being gone it would totally be doable. For instance maybe start depleting the sacrificial timer until the survivor returns to the match. Once that timer is up then the survivor is completely removed from the game and that’s where the ban would then go into effect.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @AskingForHelp said:

    I can understand a need for the DC penalty to prevent people from disconnecting on purpose. But I don’t think it needs to go to 48 hours or beyond to get the message across. A few hours is enough to keep people from doing it or at least give them a clean slate after a period of time. I don’t appreciate not being able to play the game I’ve never felt so stomped on as a player in any other video game than this one. Even those with DC penalties at least allow you to rejoin and avoid the penalty in the case that it was on accident. I think if there was a way to compensate the killer for being gone it would totally be doable. For instance maybe start depleting the sacrificial timer until the survivor returns to the match. Once that timer is up then the survivor is completely removed from the game and that’s where the ban would then go into effect.

    If the dc is due game crashes or network & pc problems is unfair, but if u do it on purpose should be longer.

  • I'm a rank 1 killer and rank 6 survivor and these days it seems like if you down a survivor before they have a clear advantage (4 or 5 gens still remain) theres a 50/50 chance of disconnect. as survivor if one of my teamates gets downed early the odds are about the same. i've been playing the game since march and it is only getting worse. and with the penalty people just kill themselves on hook.


    one of the last games i played i had a team mate on the hook and i was running to save him and he was trying to suicide. but on the 3rd attempt he actually jumped off the hook. and then disconnected shortly after. im like #########...we were winning, but i guess we werent winning enough for him.

    i never knew the ban was 48 hours but its clearly not enough if half my games end up being 3v1 because survivors dont like playing the game.


    i usually dont have killers DC on me, but if they do thats fine because at least the game ends.

  • @AskingForHelp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1715366#Comment_1715366

    thats what just happened to me. I had a 24 and then the first game back my internets been working fine all day long. First game back it crashes towards the end of the match when it’s just me using the internet. Can players lag switch you? I don’t know. But I reset my router and i was banned for 48. Come on.... you’re making people quit playing altogether when you vehemently try to keep people in the game with a penalty. You can actually fix people from rage quitting if you fix the problems causing them to rage quit. You can fix the frustration of unfair banning by allowing them to rejoin and play once certain conditions are met. Or limiting the ban to no more than 1-2 hours. Maybe if you allow them to rejoin they would have to get rescued or unhooked if he was in a chase before he left (timer constantly decreasing until you return)

    I still don't understand are you complaining about your system/ network, or game issues. You sound like you want game to redefine its systems to your wishes. Did you lose connection and wanna rejoin? Or you got cornered and wanted to reset your router and now things must have calmed down let me come back for end game? Can you see how that would effect game balance? Because system can not determine if you did it on purpose or not. So rejoining is absolutely off the table for DBD.

    Personally I would've preferred if we had bots replacing D/Ced players, instead of bans. At least they wouldn't crouch in a corner for hatch.

  • @Golden_spider said:

    If you are reaching a 24 hour or longer ban then you are:

    A) Disconnecting for inappropriate reasons WAY too often and need to stop. (I'm not saying you are but honestly this is the most common reason and why the entire DC penalty even exists)

    B) Disconnecting for unintentional reasons (Power outage, Bad connection, etc.) way too often and need to stop and possibly figure out what is wrong on your end and fix it before trying to play.

    C) Disconnecting for justified reasons (IRL emergency, Gamebreaking bug/glitch, etc.) somehow way too often and need to either go deal with said emergency or figure out what exactly went wrong and properly report said issue after checking to make sure nothing on your end was the reason why.

    D) Spaghetti Code broke itself so hard it literally just randomly gave you a day+ ban somehow.

    He's just trying to get a round of DbD in between calls during his shift as a 911 operator.

    It's not his fault he DCs every five minutes.

  • I'd love if DC penalties weren't needed, sadly it doesn't seem like this is the case.

    The problem is, people DC for various things - get downed early in a match = DC, playing against a killer you don't like = DC, playing against a perk you don't like = DC, getting a hex totem broken early in the match = DC....I've seen all these things happen in game. And sadly, it just ruins the game for the other players.

    I do believe when you're playing an online game and you ready up in that lobby, then you've committed yourself to play that match, regardless of whether you end up on a map you don't like or any of the reasons given above, that's the whole nature of the game - for both sides.

    Yes it sucks if you have bad internet and then get DC penalties for it, but also on the other side of the coin - should other people's games be ruined because of your bad internet? I don't think they should be.

    As the DC penalties start at a really low time, this takes into account the time for IRL emergencies which is what the Leave Match button is there for, not for leaving because you are losing in a game. It's a PvP game at the end of the day, spoiling the game for everyone else who's playing really isn't on.

  • @TN_Chris said:

    The thing that sucks about the DC penalty, is that it affects people who lose internet connection, the same way as people who actually quit/DC. Now I know people are gonna say that there's no way to tell whether someone lost connection on purpose or accident (which is understandable), but it's still frustrating.

    I lost connection earlier in a game against a nurse and had to restart the game and the penalty remaining was like a minute and a half. I wasn't happy about the bloodpoints I'd lost during the game and then being penalized but I just buried it inside and moved on.

    Now a 48 hour ban? That's way too excessive. I mean is that a legit ban or a glitch?

    Good. I want it to affect people who have unreliable internet and have trouble finishing a round. I don't care if you did it intentionally or not. I just want you to stop, and a DC ban will help you make that a priority.

    I do not want to play with people who DC, for whatever reason. You ruin the game for everyone else in it.

    If your situation is such that you frequently DC, online games are not for you.

  • 😅 all the survivor mains only seeing DCing as something survivors do and it lets down other survivors when it's done.

    I went through a depressed "DC baby" patch the other month when no DC penalties were on and 80% of my DCs were as killer when it was obvious I was against red rank SWFs running an obnoxious loopmaster and 3 gen jockeys or other obvious SWF techniques. Once they got to 2 gens left and I had no faith I was going to catch em and it was no fun at all to continue I'd DC; why continue being humiliated, just DC and give them the bp earlier without having to get teabagged. 9/10 times when I'd DC the survivors would be 3-4 red ranks against my green rank killer-no way to check if they were SWF. Only time I'd feel bad about DCing was if they weren't at least 3 red ranks. It actually helped prove to me that ranking doesn't count as I depipped down to bottom of green ranks and was still getting red ranks survivors.

    The only times I'd DC as survivor was when the killer was tunneling while using a mori and had killed two other survivors (or they'd DC'd) or they'd tunneled me first while using a mori. I'd actually diligently try and waste as much of the killer's time as possible before DCing and figured if I wasted enough time for 2 gens to be done and then gave other survivors "abandoned" bp when I DC'd to waste the killer's mori I'd actually done a decent thing for my co-survivors.

    😅 the mods here like to warn people for being disrespectful but DC penalties increase exponentially and OP could've easily had a series of tunneling and mori killers ruining his games but people in this thread seem to be jumping to the conclusion "48 hour ban? Obviously you continually let your team down so you deserve that" 😕.

    Also, as someone in Australia where there's terrible internet and I've literally been trying to work out today if I change my home internet service to the subpar Australian NBN or 4G or 5G-all of which can have problems-the reductive attitude of "can't be your internet crashing and if it is get better internet" is kinda arrogant.

    I've tried multiple times and it's almost impossible to explain to North Americans that most of Australia has "McDonald's wifi" quality internet-my current landline ADSL runs at below 20mps but the government's actually getting rid of landline in favour of this stupid NBN that's notorious for dropping out on the regular, 5g isn't widespread here yet and I'm reading conflicting reviews on 4g for home use.

    Someone made the assertion that BHVR can somehow differentiate between crashed internet and quitting mid game but I've seen multiple threads here in the past (before they gave DC penalties a break) saying otherwise.


    Thanks for coming to my TED talk and just remember ranks don't matter and if you do feel like DCing just remember my little dittie 🎵 "Don't DC just AFK, you'll still get xp anyway" 🎵

  • @alaenyia said:

    DC Penalty is ridiculous, 48 hours is beyond imaginable. No other game tells people they can't play for days on end for any reason. Killers are the reason people DC, rewarding them for being toxic is unacceptable. Suicide on hook is an option for getting out of an unpalatable match for sure, but that does nothing for people who just get kicked out from the server. I was kicked out of my last match, and I am now sitting out a 15 minute penalty for doing absolutely nothing, I have top of the line internet so this BS is not me. Which is why I am on here looking for DC posts. Because I am beyond frustrated being punished for just trying to actually play this game. This is exactly why I have stopped buying DLCs and auricular cells altogether, I am not going to sink any money into a game that I may or may not be able to even play by their whims.

    This comment is so funny. Any game that has some sort of competitive or even cooperative function typically enables D/C penalties. 2 of the largest games right now, League and WOW, will both punish you for not following good player terms and disconnecting. They will absolutely permaban your account, no matter how much money you've spent on the game. If you can't fix whatever the issue is before getting into another game, then you clearly deserve longer ban times, just like OP. People who D/C purposefully, directly or indirectly their fault, deserve to be punished. I played for a week when they disabled the dc bans and I wanted to pull my hair out because out of 20+ games, I only actually got to play 3.

    Also, I created an account for this forum just to tell you and OP just how ridiculous you both are 😂

  • @Mandy said:

    I'd love if DC penalties weren't needed, sadly it doesn't seem like this is the case.

    The problem is, people DC for various things - get downed early in a match = DC, playing against a killer you don't like = DC, playing against a perk you don't like = DC, getting a hex totem broken early in the match = DC....I've seen all these things happen in game. And sadly, it just ruins the game for the other players.

    I do believe when you're playing an online game and you ready up in that lobby, then you've committed yourself to play that match, regardless of whether you end up on a map you don't like or any of the reasons given above, that's the whole nature of the game - for both sides.

    Yes it sucks if you have bad internet and then get DC penalties for it, but also on the other side of the coin - should other people's games be ruined because of your bad internet? I don't think they should be.

    As the DC penalties start at a really low time, this takes into account the time for IRL emergencies which is what the Leave Match button is there for, not for leaving because you are losing in a game. It's a PvP game at the end of the day, spoiling the game for everyone else who's playing really isn't on.

    MandyTalk; Explaining it when most of us can't be bothered.

  • @Mandy said:

    I'd love if DC penalties weren't needed, sadly it doesn't seem like this is the case.

    The problem is, people DC for various things - get downed early in a match = DC, playing against a killer you don't like = DC, playing against a perk you don't like = DC, getting a hex totem broken early in the match = DC....I've seen all these things happen in game. And sadly, it just ruins the game for the other players.

    I do believe when you're playing an online game and you ready up in that lobby, then you've committed yourself to play that match, regardless of whether you end up on a map you don't like or any of the reasons given above, that's the whole nature of the game - for both sides.

    Yes it sucks if you have bad internet and then get DC penalties for it, but also on the other side of the coin - should other people's games be ruined because of your bad internet? I don't think they should be.

    As the DC penalties start at a really low time, this takes into account the time for IRL emergencies which is what the Leave Match button is there for, not for leaving because you are losing in a game. It's a PvP game at the end of the day, spoiling the game for everyone else who's playing really isn't on.

    "I do believe when you're playing an online game and you ready up in that lobby, then you've committed yourself to play that match, regardless of whether you end up on a map you don't like or any of the reasons given above, that's the whole nature of the game - for both sides." *laughs in hook suicides* wheres the ability to just leave as killer?

  • @MandyTalk Is there any statistics providing a chart or something, so we know how many times one has to DC to get to a specific number of Ban Time?

  • @DerrickTheGoblin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1715290#Comment_1715290

    I understand where you're coming from, but let's say I have a power surge that turns off my console mid game, I don't want to come back and be banned for it. Things like this have happened go me, fortunately not often enough to get a long ban.

    But look at this if it happens because of a power outage or unstable internet connection you get a max of 10 minutes and it's almost always finished when you're able to play, but if you have this problem for such a long time, that you added up to 48 hours than you should probably look into your connection problem or the power problem first instead.

  • @AskingForHelp said:

    I can understand a need for the DC penalty to prevent people from disconnecting on purpose. But I don’t think it needs to go to 48 hours or beyond to get the message across. A few hours is enough to keep people from doing it or at least give them a clean slate after a period of time. I don’t appreciate not being able to play the game I’ve never felt so stomped on as a player in any other video game than this one. Even those with DC penalties at least allow you to rejoin and avoid the penalty in the case that it was on accident. I think if there was a way to compensate the killer for being gone it would totally be doable. For instance maybe start depleting the sacrificial timer until the survivor returns to the match. Once that timer is up then the survivor is completely removed from the game and that’s where the ban would then go into effect.

    No. I still dc during the penalty sometimes. So let me quickly explain something you didnt mention.

    You get a couple DC's free, then you get a 5 minute time out for dcing, dc again, 5 min, dc again, 15 min, dc again, 30 min, dc again 1 hour, etc. Etc.... Point is for you to have a 48 hour ban means you have DCd over and over and over. It wasn't a one time thing or even a few. You would have to dc well over 7 times in a single day to get there.

    So hell naw. Anyone who DC's that much should not be allowed to play.

  • I am currently having troubles with my I internet. My internet will go out for 10-30 seconds at random intervals. Sometimes this disconnects me; sometimes I reconnect and at worst have dropped whoever I was carrying to the hook because of the DC. Just hit the 24 hour penalty because of the times where I am disconnected. I have done everything within my power to fix this issue but have narrowed the possible causes down to the cable companies wiring in my house or an issue with their connections in my neighborhood. They will not come out to check for or fix the former because of covid and will not fix the latter until they get enough complaints.

    I absolutely agree there should be a DC penalty and it should be significant but 24 hours or even more than that is absurd. Nobody is rage quitting so much that they hit this point but still continue to play every time their penalty is up and just do it again. Even if they do, they can only do it once every few days. That is massive overkill for the problem. 12 hours would be plenty to deter the rage quitters from doing their thing and be reasonable to allow people with genuine internet issues to at least try there luck at playing a game they love enough to work through their DC penalties. At the very least if they want to have such an extreme DC penalty they should allow people to reconnect if they are simply having short bursts of connectivity issues. Literally every other game I've played online since this problem began let's me reconnect with such a short time being disconnected.

  • @rglarson13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1715450#Comment_1715450

    Good. I want it to affect people who have unreliable internet and have trouble finishing a round. I don't care if you did it intentionally or not. I just want you to stop, and a DC ban will help you make that a priority.

    I do not want to play with people who DC, for whatever reason. You ruin the game for everyone else in it.

    If your situation is such that you frequently DC, online games are not for you.

    You seem angry, miserable even.

    Did I say I have trouble finishing rounds or frequently DC? I said it sucks when it happens, which isn't that often. I have Comcast and my internet connection is always good. I'm not over here using a hotspot and playing from a damn treehouse, but anybody who says they haven't gotten kicked because of a Network/connection error is lying.

  • @MrMummbles12 said:

    I am currently having troubles with my I internet. My internet will go out for 10-30 seconds at random intervals. Sometimes this disconnects me; sometimes I reconnect and at worst have dropped whoever I was carrying to the hook because of the DC. Just hit the 24 hour penalty because of the times where I am disconnected. I have done everything within my power to fix this issue but have narrowed the possible causes down to the cable companies wiring in my house or an issue with their connections in my neighborhood. They will not come out to check for or fix the former because of covid and will not fix the latter until they get enough complaints.

    I absolutely agree there should be a DC penalty and it should be significant but 24 hours or even more than that is absurd. Nobody is rage quitting so much that they hit this point but still continue to play every time their penalty is up and just do it again. Even if they do, they can only do it once every few days. That is massive overkill for the problem. 12 hours would be plenty to deter the rage quitters from doing their thing and be reasonable to allow people with genuine internet issues to at least try there luck at playing a game they love enough to work through their DC penalties. At the very least if they want to have such an extreme DC penalty they should allow people to reconnect if they are simply having short bursts of connectivity issues. Literally every other game I've played online since this problem began let's me reconnect with such a short time being disconnected.

    Get your internet troubles sorted and then come back. It doesn't really matter WHY you are constantly disconnecting. The result is the same; you are ruining the match for four other people. That is the long and the short of it. The only way to get a LONG ban is to be disconnecting on a regular basis. Sort yourself out, whatever your problems may be, and come back when you can complete your games.

  • @FoggyWeather_ said:

    @MandyTalk Is there any statistics providing a chart or something, so we know how many times one has to DC to get to a specific number of Ban Time?

    There is nothing official posted by us with regards to this or the decay time of the penalty. We tend to avoid giving this information out as there are ways that things can be abused.

  • @Mandy said:

    I'd love if DC penalties weren't needed, sadly it doesn't seem like this is the case.

    The problem is, people DC for various things - get downed early in a match = DC, playing against a killer you don't like = DC, playing against a perk you don't like = DC, getting a hex totem broken early in the match = DC....I've seen all these things happen in game. And sadly, it just ruins the game for the other players.

    I do believe when you're playing an online game and you ready up in that lobby, then you've committed yourself to play that match, regardless of whether you end up on a map you don't like or any of the reasons given above, that's the whole nature of the game - for both sides.

    Yes it sucks if you have bad internet and then get DC penalties for it, but also on the other side of the coin - should other people's games be ruined because of your bad internet? I don't think they should be.

    As the DC penalties start at a really low time, this takes into account the time for IRL emergencies which is what the Leave Match button is there for, not for leaving because you are losing in a game. It's a PvP game at the end of the day, spoiling the game for everyone else who's playing really isn't on.

    This is why we need bots that replace people just like on mobile. Sure they might not be as good as a real player can be but surely that's better than having the whole match thrown just because someone decided to leave. At least you can still play the same match and earn points from it so it's not a complete waste of time.

  • @TN_Chris said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1717444#Comment_1717444

    You seem angry, miserable even.

    Did I say I have trouble finishing rounds or frequently DC? I said it sucks when it happens, which isn't that often. I have Comcast and my internet connection is always good. I'm not over here using a hotspot and playing from a damn treehouse, but anybody who says they haven't gotten kicked because of a Network/connection error is lying.

    Does it happen rarely? Sure. But the punishment for a random blip isn't a big deal.


    If you're up to 48 hours, that's not the result of a random networking issue. You're either intentionally disconnecting or pretending that your unreliable internet isn't the problem.

  • Dood just ######### on hook lol save the dcing for the facecamping LF lol.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1717654#Comment_1717654

    Get your internet troubles sorted and then come back. It doesn't really matter WHY you are constantly disconnecting. The result is the same; you are ruining the match for four other people. That is the long and the short of it. The only way to get a LONG ban is to be disconnecting on a regular basis. Sort yourself out, whatever your problems may be, and come back when you can complete your games.

    I CAN'T sort my internet out. There is NOTHING I can do.

    The point to be made is every other multiplayer game allows reconnecting even when they are competitive. You simply take whatever disadvantage the DC caused and live with it. DBD has no method of reconnecting and will DC you from the game if you lose connection for just a few seconds. How can there be such a strict disconnect penalty when the infrastructure to prevent unintentional disconnects is so weak? Hell, you can't even say I'm ruining the game for other players when I only play killer and have DC'd almost exclusively when hooking the last survivor. I'm the only one taking a loss when it happens and I get punished for it. That punishment is without question necessary but need it be so severe when I'm giving free wins to survivors?

  • @AskingForHelp said:

    I can understand a need for the DC penalty to prevent people from disconnecting on purpose. But I don’t think it needs to go to 48 hours or beyond to get the message across. A few hours is enough to keep people from doing it or at least give them a clean slate after a period of time. I don’t appreciate not being able to play the game I’ve never felt so stomped on as a player in any other video game than this one. Even those with DC penalties at least allow you to rejoin and avoid the penalty in the case that it was on accident. I think if there was a way to compensate the killer for being gone it would totally be doable. For instance maybe start depleting the sacrificial timer until the survivor returns to the match. Once that timer is up then the survivor is completely removed from the game and that’s where the ban would then go into effect.

    As Orion said if a few hours was enough to get people to stop disconnecting you wouldn't have received a 48-hour ban.

    Keep in mind there are some games with this connection ban penalties that will go from 24-hours to immediately jumping into a couple of days or even a week.

    If all of those disconnections were unintentional in because of your internet then you probably should make sure you get a more stable connection before playing if however they were a result of you actively hitting the leave game button it wasn't accidental

  • @rglarson13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1717703#Comment_1717703

    Does it happen rarely? Sure. But the punishment for a random blip isn't a big deal.

    If you're up to 48 hours, that's not the result of a random networking issue. You're either intentionally disconnecting or pretending that your unreliable internet isn't the problem.

    Buddy I'm not over here taking up for the OP. I lost connection the other night for the first time in probably 3+ months. Being punished like you're one of the bad guys sucks, which is what I originally meant. Sorry if you took my comment the wrong way.

    I didn't even know the DC penalty stacked like that, I figured it was a set penalty for every time someone DC'd. And yes I agree, if you're banned for up to 48 hours then something is wrong. You need to either take your lumps and finish the round like a man, or just quit the game completely if a certain killer/map/what have you, bothers you that much.

    I don't mind the DC penalty, grinding it out during the hard times will only make you better. Quitting and leaving your teammates out to dry because you got you knickers in a bunch is a sissy way out.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    If you get 48 hours on DC penalties odds are you probably deserve them, either you ragequit too much or you have a computer/conection issue and keep trying to play without fixing it.

    Tbf though if someones pc isnt performing the best it isnt there fault,for instance you cant fix a gpu problem if you dont have the money or people may not realise but what happens to me is I'm running low end parts but when the game updates the graphics go to ultra so it would freeze and black screen,so the lack of pc components isnt a reason someone should get a dc penalty if there was a way to prove it imo💁‍♂️

  • Maybe don't quit so much for it to get to that point? If your internet is bad and is disconnecting you don't play until it's fixed

  • @DerrickTheGoblin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1715290#Comment_1715290

    I understand where you're coming from, but let's say I have a power surge that turns off my console mid game, I don't want to come back and be banned for it. Things like this have happened go me, fortunately not often enough to get a long ban.

    They already have something implimented for that kind of DCing. I've dc'd due to power outages, dog knocking the router plug out, and even spotty internet. It mostly affects people who use the menu to leave mid match or quiting to dashboard. Your fear of wrongly being banned are a smidge over exaggerated

  • As someone who's had multiple 12+ hour dc penalties in Smash Ultimate before, you need to look at why and how you play the game. Because unless you have extremely bad internet, you're the one at fault here.

  • The only thing excessive about a 48 hour ban is the amount of disconnections someone must be doing to get a ban for that long. There's no reasonable excuse to get that many disconnects because; Consistent connection issues are the players fault, Leaving a match prematurely is the players fault, Rage quitting is the players fault. If there's an issue with the software, then you send a ticket into customer service and they will check the disconnect for software crash.

    Disconnecting seriously messes with the game balance for everyone left in the trial. Making it harder for survivors to complete their task and gain altruism points and pips, while making it harder for the killer to earn their bloodpoints and pips. Killer disconnections obviously end the game, but similarly the rest of the lobby are negatively affected too.

  • @MissKitty95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/202042/48-hour-ban-is-excessive

    Try having a 72 then going back on the game dcing and geting a other 72 LOL that is excessive

    I lol'd i would expect it to reset after the 72 hrs.

    That would suck to have a 48 or 72 hr ban and then get back on and something happen to your internet and drop from the game and get hit again with the same ban.

    Better make sure your internet is straight before you start playing if you've already reached that high of a ban.

    @Clevite said:

    How many times do you have to dc to get a 48 hour ban?

    Way to many lol. The first one starts at like 3 minutes then 5 minutes, i would assume it would go like 3, 5, 10, 15, 30, 1hr, 3hr, 6hr, 12hr, 24hr, 48.

  • @MrMummbles12 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1717762#Comment_1717762

    I CAN'T sort my internet out. There is NOTHING I can do.

    The point to be made is every other multiplayer game allows reconnecting even when they are competitive. You simply take whatever disadvantage the DC caused and live with it. DBD has no method of reconnecting and will DC you from the game if you lose connection for just a few seconds. How can there be such a strict disconnect penalty when the infrastructure to prevent unintentional disconnects is so weak? Hell, you can't even say I'm ruining the game for other players when I only play killer and have DC'd almost exclusively when hooking the last survivor. I'm the only one taking a loss when it happens and I get punished for it. That punishment is without question necessary but need it be so severe when I'm giving free wins to survivors?

    Then you will have to find another game. There are games I can't play because my system isn't up to the task. You are in the same boat for this one. Quit putting your own needs above everyone else. It is rude, selfish, and unrealistic. Go play the mobile app version of the game and get your fix there.

  • @twin187211 said:

    Killers should get a penalty for face camping that's the only time I can understand a Survivor disconnect if a killer face camps the game is basically over

    Killers do have a penality for face camping. They lose BP for being near a hooked survivor and basically forfeit the match just to secure a kill.

  • @alaenyia said:

    DC Penalty is ridiculous, 48 hours is beyond imaginable. No other game tells people they can't play for days on end for any reason. Killers are the reason people DC, rewarding them for being toxic is unacceptable. Suicide on hook is an option for getting out of an unpalatable match for sure, but that does nothing for people who just get kicked out from the server. I was kicked out of my last match, and I am now sitting out a 15 minute penalty for doing absolutely nothing, I have top of the line internet so this BS is not me. Which is why I am on here looking for DC posts. Because I am beyond frustrated being punished for just trying to actually play this game. This is exactly why I have stopped buying DLCs and auricular cells altogether, I am not going to sink any money into a game that I may or may not be able to even play by their whims.

    I mean...the devs ultimately can dictate how people play their game. That said, it's more the fact that to achieve a 48 hour ban, the OP either rage quite A LOT or has absolutely terrible internet. Whatever the reason, other players should not be punished in game because OP likes to dc or their internet is horrible.

  • I'd also like to point out that if you actually are someone who enjoys playing with friends (especially since you can't responsibly see people in person nowadays), it typically takes 20-40 minutes just to get into a game. Nothing quite like "playing" for a couple hours, but only getting one real game in. Disconnects literally cause hours of wasted given how many people do it.

    That being said, there seems to be one weekend every few months where we get in a game after a minute or two, and we're very pleasantly shocked. Wish it was like that all the time.

    The responses to this post brought so much joy, lol.

  • I have no idea how many times someone has to DC to get a ban that big. Just don't dc and the problem is solved.

  • Welp- if you ragequit constantly and constantly ruin other people's game... Maybe a few days away is good for you.

    And more so, everyone else

  • I understand a ban needs to be in place, but I feel like is good amount time to be penalised for a dc, make it like 6 hours max. I would also like to see the devs make their game not crash on xbox as atleast twice a day the system freezes and crashes. Then I get a ban, optimize your game!

  • @Clevite said:

    How many times do you have to dc to get a 48 hour ban?

    You want to get back to us on that? JK I'll see if a buddy of mine knows.

  • @Orion said:

    If a few hours were enough, it wouldn't have reached 48 hours in the first place. In DbD, there's also no way to allow someone to reconnect without completely ruining the game's balance.

    I was thinking this the second i read the op, pretty much all that really needs to be said on the matter.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    48 hours?

    Totally deserved. No way were most of those DCs an accident/not your own choice.

    I really don't get people who DC constantly. You get nothing out of it, and matches don't even take that long.

    I have inconsistent wifi so I constantly get disconnected at random times, it's a little excessive

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1717566#Comment_1717566

    There is nothing official posted by us with regards to this or the decay time of the penalty. We tend to avoid giving this information out as there are ways that things can be abused.

    Understand. No problem Mandy :)

  • @DJDHS123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1715942#Comment_1715942

    Tbf though if someones pc isnt performing the best it isnt there fault,for instance you cant fix a gpu problem if you dont have the money or people may not realise but what happens to me is I'm running low end parts but when the game updates the graphics go to ultra so it would freeze and black screen,so the lack of pc components isnt a reason someone should get a dc penalty if there was a way to prove it imo💁‍♂️

    When you disconect you are ruining the game for other 4 people, one DC for having a low end PC is ok, it will give you a 45 seconds penalty its not that much, having a PC that cant run this game and crashing over and over its not the same and should be punishable.

  • @FoggyWeather_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1716640#Comment_1716640

    But look at this if it happens because of a power outage or unstable internet connection you get a max of 10 minutes and it's almost always finished when you're able to play, but if you have this problem for such a long time, that you added up to 48 hours than you should probably look into your connection problem or the power problem first instead.

    Imma keep it 100%, I've been under the impression that the dc penalty stacks and is permanent, but reading some replies I clearly had the wrong idea and I'm happy to hear it. :)

  • @Crimbojambo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1716640#Comment_1716640

    They already have something implimented for that kind of DCing. I've dc'd due to power outages, dog knocking the router plug out, and even spotty internet. It mostly affects people who use the menu to leave mid match or quiting to dashboard. Your fear of wrongly being banned are a smidge over exaggerated

    I've just misunderstood how the penalty works and now I understand. No worries anymore:)

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    48 hours?

    Totally deserved. No way were most of those DCs an accident/not your own choice.

    I really don't get people who DC constantly. You get nothing out of it, and matches don't even take that long.

    My connection was screwy and ended up getting like 25 min, hasn't happened since (not trying to jinx myself) and that was over a 2 day period. And like 4 disconnects while in the process of kicking butt lol. But how do you even dc enough to get a 48 hour??? On purpose much less accident

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1715306#Comment_1715306

    If a survivor DCs it's already a big boost to the killer, since it goes from a 4v1 to a 3v1. If the devs did what you're saying, it'd be even worse.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1715294#Comment_1715294

    Whatever your reason, you ruined multiple players' trials and therefore should be punished for it.

    I just had 3 survivors dc on me. I lost 2 iri add ons and a map offering for a 6 minute match and all i got was 20k bp including the bonus. So no its not "already a big boost." The 20k will not repay the cost of finding those items in the web again.

  • @WildEST19XXcarD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1715886#Comment_1715886

    You want to get back to us on that? JK I'll see if a buddy of mine knows.

    Thanks, because I am really curious

  • @twin187211 said:

    Killers should get a penalty for face camping that's the only time I can understand a Survivor disconnect if a killer face camps the game is basically over

    Why does the survivor have to disconnect? As oppose to just suicide?


    And u don't want to save time for ur team to do gens? Or a last min save to swap out survivor?

  • @alaenyia said:

    DC Penalty is ridiculous, 48 hours is beyond imaginable. No other game tells people they can't play for days on end for any reason. Killers are the reason people DC, rewarding them for being toxic is unacceptable. Suicide on hook is an option for getting out of an unpalatable match for sure, but that does nothing for people who just get kicked out from the server. I was kicked out of my last match, and I am now sitting out a 15 minute penalty for doing absolutely nothing, I have top of the line internet so this BS is not me. Which is why I am on here looking for DC posts. Because I am beyond frustrated being punished for just trying to actually play this game. This is exactly why I have stopped buying DLCs and auricular cells altogether, I am not going to sink any money into a game that I may or may not be able to even play by their whims.

    Sounds like a lot of bull to me. I got a few mins ban becuz dbd froze on me 2 seconds into the match.


    It is a known bug on the Xbox one x. And devs don't care.


    I never went beyond 5 mins or so. The DC penalty was only implemented recently due to enormous amount of ppl DC.

  • @max112299 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1715899#Comment_1715899

    I have inconsistent wifi so I constantly get disconnected at random times, it's a little excessive

    No, no it isn't. Sort out your connection and then come back and play. What is so difficult to understand about this? You are ruining the experience for four other people every time you insist on playing when you know you will DC.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    48 hours?

    Totally deserved. No way were most of those DCs an accident/not your own choice.

    I really don't get people who DC constantly. You get nothing out of it, and matches don't even take that long.

    dude i maxed out the penalty. 99 hrs 99 mins and 60 seconds. it is funny as hell how stupid an ######### this penalty idea is. ppl dc regardless of penalty. they do not care. most dc bc killer leaves them on floor. its not a strat if killer isnt following the crawling away survivor to another survivor to heal them. i dc bc if i get down im farming. i dc. i wont to be unhooked by filthy ingrates other survivors. i rather dc before i get hooked. that is farmer for ya. get those archives done faster. once im done with what i need to do for archive challenge. then i want to die an suicide. then there is eragers just dc waaay tooo competitivebto a non competitive game.

1 2 3