Don't be satisfied with only 10k shards

Last year they gave us 2 skins for free, if we let them know we're happy with only one. You can expect there to be only one free skin next year, mark my words.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @chieften333 said:

    Last year they gave us 2 skins for free, if we let them know we're happy with only one. You can expect there to be only one free skin next year, mark my words.

    idk man, they basically making michael viable for me, i'll forgive them when i can play the damn game but im not upset with their apology

  • i don't have a problem with get shards to get only 1 skin

    i have problems with the fact i buy two of them before the discount, and i don't get the price difference back.

  • Last year it was two halloween excluaives, now it's one random skin.

    Don't be greedy, that's what we called BHVR out for in the first place.

  • @Yogerman1997 said:

    i don't have a problem with get shards to get only 1 skin

    i have problems with the fact i buy two of them before the discount, and i don't get the price difference back.

    They gave us 2 free skins last year, why are we only getting half this year?!

  • Also we cant get previous ones

  • @NursesBootie said:

    Last year it was two halloween excluaives, now it's one random skin.

    Don't be greedy, that's what we called BHVR out for in the first place.

    Is it greedy to ask for what we received last year? Especially when only this years Halloween skins have shard discounts, not even the 75% discount applies to the shards for the random skins.

  • I already make a disscusion about this and I am happy that more people are talking about this topic.

  • @Walker_of_the_fog_96 said:

    I already make a disscusion about this and I am happy that more people are talking about this topic.

    Honestly wish people would stop condoning this stuff. They are still giving us less than we had last year, and like I said. If we let then get away with only one now, one is all we're going to get next year.

  • @chieften333 said:

    Last year they gave us 2 skins for free, if we let them know we're happy with only one. You can expect there to be only one free skin next year, mark my words.

    Stop playing DBD if you aren't satisfied, nobody forces you to stay.

    But stop complaining because you are useless to this community

  • @HommeBizarre said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/200749/dont-be-satisfied-with-only-10k-shards

    Stop playing DBD if you aren't satisfied, nobody forces you to stay.

    But stop complaining because you are useless to this community

    I'm not abandoning something I spent $60+ on.

  • Even free to play games give you better events than bhvr. What a joke

  • @HellDescent said:

    Even free to play games give you better events than bhvr. What a joke

    Free to play games give you more in general than what we've received from this sorry excuse for an event.

  • @HommeBizarre said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/200749/dont-be-satisfied-with-only-10k-shards

    Stop playing DBD if you aren't satisfied, nobody forces you to stay.

    But stop complaining because you are useless to this community

    calling out greed is good

    being content with bare minimal work is what leads to "events" like this

    You are the problem

  • @HommeBizarre said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/200749/dont-be-satisfied-with-only-10k-shards

    Stop playing DBD if you aren't satisfied, nobody forces you to stay.

    But stop complaining because you are useless to this community

    Lmao, who are you to judge who is useless to this community?

  • You get a minimum of 3 skins from just logging in, thats without playing anything at all, and assuming you had 0 shards saved up. I agree how the event started was really scummy, but they have made up for it lol

  • I do feel like we should get more shards then what we getting I mean saying it for a long time but shards should be in the free blank spots on the rift.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1704347#Comment_1704347

    Lmao, who are you to judge who is useless to this community?

    And who are YOU ?

  • @Lily0 said:

    You get a minimum of 3 skins from just logging in, thats without playing anything at all, and assuming you had 0 shards saved up. I agree how the event started was really scummy, but they have made up for it lol

    @Lily0 said:

    You get a minimum of 3 skins from just logging in, thats without playing anything at all, and assuming you had 0 shards saved up. I agree how the event started was really scummy, but they have made up for it lol

    3 skins? You only get 10k shards. Which is enough for only one of this years Halloween skins

  • @chieften333 said:

    Last year they gave us 2 skins for free, if we let them know we're happy with only one. You can expect there to be only one free skin next year, mark my words.

    I would have been satisfied with nothing, so I'm certainly happy with the free stuff they added.

  • This isn't just a free skin. It can also be a free chapter or anything else you want.

    Imo the viarity of the gift makes up for the lesser quantity.

  • someone who understands that calling out greed is good

    if this was a company like EA or Blizz, people would call it out, but because its a "small indie company" (its not) then it must be okay

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1704395#Comment_1704395

    someone who understands that calling out greed is good

    if this was a company like EA or Blizz, people would call it out, but because its a "small indie company" (its not) then it must be okay

    Here's what I think

    When you buy DBD you just buy the game and nothing more (except DLC but you aren't forced too since you can earn them in game with the exception of the license)

    The event in the game are bonuses, you didn't bought the game just for the event (if that's the case no wonder why people are upset lol)

    You don't like the event... and? What's going to change in the game? nothing ! Since the only thing you can earn is cosmetic...

    YES cosmetics which won't change ANYTHING to your gameplay...

    To conclude : There's no reason to complain just for few cosmetics in game...

  • eh I'm satisfied with it I'll simply save these 10k shards till the next chapter and then most likely cry if it's a licensed chapter lol

  • 3 skin pieces lol, u know what I mean. But I can tell ur one of those people that just love complaining about anything

  • @chieften333 said:

    Last year they gave us 2 skins for free, if we let them know we're happy with only one. You can expect there to be only one free skin next year, mark my words.

    you can get all the original skins for free with gameplay time, the previous ones are only sold for auric cells. you even get 10k shards from just playing the game to get one for free at a discounted price. why are you all soo upset about it? doesnt make any sense.

  • There is a bigger picture here.

    You get shards which can be spent on cosmetics but they are not only tied to the event ones. You could buy some for any character if one so wishes.

    You could also purchase a dlc character one may not have or buy perks from the shrine.

    i don't look at this as just an event skin but everything else we could also get with it.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    There is a bigger picture here.

    You get shards which can be spent on cosmetics but they are not only tied to the event ones. You could buy some for any character if one so wishes.

    You could also purchase a dlc character one may not have or buy perks from the shrine.

    i don't look at this as just an event skin but everything else we could also get with it.

    Exactly.

  • @HommeBizarre said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/200749/dont-be-satisfied-with-only-10k-shards

    Stop playing DBD if you aren't satisfied, nobody forces you to stay.

    But stop complaining because you are useless to this community

    This is a DISCUSSION and complaint forum not a "Haha let's all agree and live happily ever after forum, everything is sunshine and rainbows :DDD".

  • Don‘t tell me what to feel.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1705013#Comment_1705013

    One good deed (after doing a bad deed) doesn't rectify all of the previous bad deeds. I point to my previous post of all the things that is currently wrong with the game.

    People aren't just angry with just the event. This is an accumulation of things that has been boiling in the pot for years up to this point. It's just that the Halloween event (or lack thereof) has caused the foam to start overflowing the pot.

    lmao what is the "bad deed" you speak off? not giving away more cosmetic skins for free? you get 10k shards that you can keep and spend on a new original DLC, you can get all the skins except the ghostface because hes licensed, for free with gameplay time, you cant do that with the original blight skins, which are now on sale and have been on sale before, get the next original survivor or killer for free instead of getting a cosmetic skin if you like. you also get BP for free and a 2x bloodhunt event. you even got pumpkin gens and pumpkins in the manu theme. I dont see what people are so up in arms for. If all you care about are the collectibles and the dopamine points at the end of the day, why even bother playing the game if the gameplay isnt fun? you guys will always find away to complain. If they just did game health instead of doing an event or a new chapter you all would complain about lack of content etc, nothing is never good enough. considering theres a pandamic still ongoing and almost all the devs work from home, they did a pretty good job compared to last years "halloween event" bet you all already forgot that last years event was even worse, wasnt even on halloween.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1705119#Comment_1705119

    I'm sure the PS4 players are very much enjoying their 15 FPS experience while the Switch Players enjoy not being able to play because they can't see anything in-game due to the "N64 fog" that makes it kind of impossible to see anything. A situation that could have been avoided if BHVR actually worked on the health of the game.

    Being able to unlock all the content of the game means nothing to me. Know how quickly I unlock games in most other games I play?

    I purchased it once. And then that was it.

    Ever played Left 4 Dead 2? It's a good game. Paid $15 for it once. Got over 1,100 hours off of it over the years. Didn't have to grind for content at all in those 1,100 hours to unlock only a fraction of the content. Got the whole game in one, smooth purchase. Felt real good.

    Now, this is a paid game, but it's a live service, so of course I could understand some levels of monetization to keep it up and running, especially when they added dedicated servers -- as "hit and miss" as they have been.

    However, it is still a pay to play game, so I don't understand why this pay to play game, requires not one, not two, but three free-to-play monetization schemes in it along with the DLC MTX's.

    We got the premium currency, we got the abundance of cosmetics and we have a battlepass. All of these are things free to play games usually do to make profit because they're... y'know, free to play.

    Not only that, but each and every one of these system, use tactics to manipulate the player to spend more. Y'know, you can buy 1,200 of the premium currency, when the skin only costs 900 of the premium currency, making you spend $10 for a skin that costs $9.

    Cosmetics tease the player when playing with their friends. Friend A and B has skin, so player feels left out and gets pressured into buying the skin too. We already know how bad the default Fortnite skin is to the point it's literally used as a point for kids to bully each other in school (which is extreme).

    Finally, the good 'ol battle pass. And I hate this thing. There is no way to opt out of this. It annoys you every match, constantly pestering you that you unlocked rewards (even when you haven't), a race to grind hundreds of hours worth of games to have a chance to unlocked timed exclusive (and just outright exclusive) goodies, constantly reminding you all of the junk you're missing if you don't pay. It uses FOMO (fear of missing out) to get people to not only buy the pass, but if you're running out of time, to spend money to unlock tiers so you can get all of the rewards in time.

    Okay, so maybe BHVR wants money. Makes sense, they're a corporation.

    So, why do we have 15 FPS on PS4 and N64 fog on Switch again? Where is that money going to? It's certainly not going into improving the game -- the game's performance has been on a consistent downhill spiral for that past few years.

    I could maybe accept all of these freemium monetization models if they actually used that money to one, thank their community for supporting them -- which they clearly was not their intention with this event; all the goodies we're doing now is just damage control, and two, if they were actually fixing and improving the game, which we know is not the case because this game is running like crap right now.

    So that is what I mean by bad deeds -- they are not using the money to improve or fix the game, they are using scummy monetization models in a pay to play game, not designed for a pay to play game, which is incredibly greedy, and came up with an "event" that in reality was just an advertisement for their battle pass to make even more money.

    I'm sorry, that's not something I'm going to praise over, or defend. And maybe someday I can forgive them for it, but it's not something I'll forget.

    TL;DR

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1705228#Comment_1705228

    If you're not going to read people's posts, then please don't ask them questions you don't even care to be answered.

    I didnt ask any questions. and If i did, it was rhetorical. I still think the "backlash" from players are just petty grievances. also I had to stop reading your post about your 1k hour on Left for dead 2 being worth 15 "dollars" imagine being proud of spending 1k hours for 15 dollars. my time is worth way more than that.

  • Anyone defending and thanking bhvr right now has rose tinted glasses on. The shards and bloodpoints login rewards is complete damage control.

  • @Sir_Bassington said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1705243#Comment_1705243

    I didnt ask any questions. and If i did, it was rhetorical. I still think the "backlash" from players are just petty grievances. also I had to stop reading your post about your 1k hour on Left for dead 2 being worth 15 "dollars" imagine being proud of spending 1k hours for 15 dollars. my time is worth way more than that.

    I'm getting nothing but constant framedrops that make playing the game nearly impossible on PS4. That's a petty grievance? I have put a lot of money into this game over the years, but update after update the performance has gotten worse. I've really been putting money into a game so I could play it less? That's what's happened. That's not okay.

    Also, you apparently took their comment the opposite of how they meant it. They're saying they got more out of $15 with Left 4 Dead 2 than they got out of the much larger amount of money they've put into DbD.

  • nobody happy. everybody angry. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

  • @HommeBizarre said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/200749/dont-be-satisfied-with-only-10k-shards

    Stop playing DBD if you aren't satisfied, nobody forces you to stay.

    But stop complaining because you are useless to this community

    If you don't like people complaining then you shouldn't read the forums, nobody forces you to stay.

    But stop complaining about complaining because you are useless to this community.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1705267#Comment_1705267

    I'm getting nothing but constant framedrops that make playing the game nearly impossible on PS4. That's a petty grievance? I have put a lot of money into this game over the years, but update after update the performance has gotten worse. I've really been putting money into a game so I could play it less? That's what's happened. That's not okay.

    Also, you apparently took their comment the opposite of how they meant it. They're saying they got more out of $15 with Left 4 Dead 2 than they got out of the much larger amount of money they've put into DbD.

    I was talking about the event in general not retail PS4s working differently than the dev kit PS4. and thats not on them, thats a complaint you should chuck at sony.

  • For a game that has had its biggest revenue year since launch, you would think they would offer the same amount of earnable skins as when they had less money

    It’s how the rich stay rich I guess.

  • My larger frustration is the bait and switch - pay $21k for a costume then a deep discount after two days with no refund. This has never happened - absolutely no precedent - and is a complete redesign, so it's not like long time players would expect it. Shards take forever to save up and they are really just hurting their dedicated players when they do things like this. I've been playing for three years and never complained - just strive to enjoy the game (bugs and all), but this is so wrong. I literally created a forum account to voice my thoughts on this issue alone because I'm so disappointed in BHVR's lack of care for their core customer base. I sent a support email early yesterday and I haven't even received an acknowledgement, let alone a resolution or refund. Very sad. This is my favorite game. :(

  • I just wish they put shards in the rift instead of the garbo, flat recolored charms. Would make this whole situation better since it would allow challenges to actually go towards skins.

    It is surprising how they thought this was passable as an event in the first place, so I hope all the feedback leads to improvement.

  • dont tell me what to do. you can be upset if you want, but i just started and 10k shards is a huge help lol im not even gonna buy a skin im gonna get a character and that it makes me excitet :)

  • Honestly if BHVR had just put the putrid serum in the rift I'm pretty sure people would'nt have complained so much.

    Tha th is literally all they had to do, and they still screwed it up. Really hope they have more planned for us in this event than "we're so sorry, have some shards!"

  • @Ecstasy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1704347#Comment_1704347

    If you don't like people complaining then you shouldn't read the forums, nobody forces you to stay.

    But stop complaining about complaining because you are useless to this community.

    I'm not complaining, just saying :p

  • @Sir_Bassington said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1705078#Comment_1705078

    lmao what is the "bad deed" you speak off? not giving away more cosmetic skins for free? you get 10k shards that you can keep and spend on a new original DLC, you can get all the skins except the ghostface because hes licensed, for free with gameplay time, you cant do that with the original blight skins, which are now on sale and have been on sale before, get the next original survivor or killer for free instead of getting a cosmetic skin if you like. you also get BP for free and a 2x bloodhunt event. you even got pumpkin gens and pumpkins in the manu theme. I dont see what people are so up in arms for. If all you care about are the collectibles and the dopamine points at the end of the day, why even bother playing the game if the gameplay isnt fun? you guys will always find away to complain. If they just did game health instead of doing an event or a new chapter you all would complain about lack of content etc, nothing is never good enough. considering theres a pandamic still ongoing and almost all the devs work from home, they did a pretty good job compared to last years "halloween event" bet you all already forgot that last years event was even worse, wasnt even on halloween.

    I agree. The sense of entitlement is crazy high among DbD players. That kind of entitlement doesn't evolve with "bad" companies. There are games that never give anything (and I stress ANYTHING) away for free. Oddly enough, their Forums aren't rife with this kind of stuff. This kind of behavior only occurs when a company has been rather generous and/or bent over backwards. It creates an expectation, and people take for granted that the free stuff will always be there. This kind of negative feedback loop turns companies who WERE generous into misers. They eventually learn the lesson, that nothing is ever good enough. Nothing is ever enough. If they are going to be treated like they are monsters, why try to behave any other way? That is the risk the community faces right now. They are going look at this situation and take exactly the opposite lesson from it than you intend. They are going to decide (rather soon now) that there is little point in being progressive and interactive when all it ever does is get their hand bitten.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    For a game that has had its biggest revenue year since launch, you would think they would offer the same amount of earnable skins as when they had less money

    It’s how the rich stay rich I guess.

    they used to have 20 devs, now theyre 150+

  • I am never going to suppose BHVR again because they've shown how little they care for us in the community. We only exist as livestock. Expected to spend our money on their macrotransactions, no matter what. This "event" made that clear.