nice spirit nerf best change of the patch

you can hear her moans when she is phasing and they are directional as hell

Comments

  • If it's a bug, don't fix it.

  • @nursewannabe said:

    If it's a bug, don't fix it.

    i second this notion

  • Pls let the bug upgrade to a new feature. QoL

  • @nursewannabe said:

    If it's a bug, don't fix it.

    I agree as well

    So it can stop all these nerf spirit posts And I can go back to playing her without feeling guilty 😀

  • Ayyyy now i can make educated guesses instead of running while literally having 0 info while she gets breathing, pain, grass, scratchmarkes.

  • survivors want the easy escape with her aswell, i guess only nurse will be viable now. so sad. even if i dont play spirit. i feel like she is the only one and nurse taht actaully are making me struggle when i play with friends i guess only nurse will be now, and freddy ocasionally.

  • The replies in this thread remind me of the DS bug threads and some people hoping the bug never gets fixed. Not saying this is related, it's just funny how the cycle repeats itself.

  • @Bullettimegod said:

    Its a bug.

    i know, i was just being sarcastic but i know how hard that is to convey with text online

  • Huh, that sounds the same as when she was released, during that time I think you could hear her phasing directionally and she was really bad until she got buffed.

    I wonder how long will that take to fix (if it even will get fixed), probably longer then recent DS bug that affected a few killers making DS much worse vs them.

  • @Uncharted said:

    The replies in this thread remind me of the DS bug threads and some people hoping the bug never gets fixed. Not saying this is related, it's just funny how the cycle repeats itself.

    because all we can hope for is bugs, since the devs take ages to change the game in meaningful ways.

  • @nursewannabe said:

    If it's a bug, don't fix it.

    agree

  • @nursewannabe said:

    If it's a bug, don't fix it.

    I kinda hope it becomes a feature(Aka an ascended bug) as it turns phase walking into who can out hear/predict the other.

    Aka it turns the spirit's listening game play while phase rushing into her counterplay as well which is fitting and thematic as you can't trust your eyes but you can trust your ears.

  • @nursewannabe said:

    If it's a bug, don't fix it.

    Agree. As a supported for more balance towards killers, this is needed anyway. Too little counterplay

  • @nursewannabe said:

    If it's a bug, don't fix it.

    Hype!!! Finally, thats needed to have a fair 1v1 against her

  • @LowSpecGamersMatter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1691955#Comment_1691955

    Hype!!! Finally, thats needed to have a fair 1v1 against her

    Im unsure if youre being sarcastic or memeing but isnt the game not supposed to be 1v1? And if it isnt, Shouldnt the killer be strongest in a 1v1 but weaker in a 4v1?

  • @Bullettimegod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1692480#Comment_1692480

    Im unsure if youre being sarcastic or memeing but isnt the game not supposed to be 1v1? And if it isnt, Shouldnt the killer be strongest in a 1v1 but weaker in a 4v1?

    who is talking about stronger? Im talking about fairness. Thats 2 different things. Obviously Im having the 4v1 aspect in mind. But spirit is just stupid. (old) billy was fair in both aspects. 1v1 and 4v1 at the same time. AND he was fun and engaging. Spirit is just dogshit

  • @Bullettimegod said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1692480#Comment_1692480

    Im unsure if youre being sarcastic or memeing but isnt the game not supposed to be 1v1? And if it isnt, Shouldnt the killer be strongest in a 1v1 but weaker in a 4v1?

    Deathslinger is strong in a 1v1, but at least with him I can understand and see how I was beaten.

    Spirit just appears. There is no way of telling what she's doing.

  • to be fair you are supposed to hear her footsteps and see the grass move when she is using her power but that's been bugged for years

  • @Uncharted said:

    The replies in this thread remind me of the DS bug threads and some people hoping the bug never gets fixed. Not saying this is related, it's just funny how the cycle repeats itself.

    well the DS bug had the hook bug going on at the same time to sort of even it out

    this is probably not a bug though, shadow nerfs been going on for a while + they snuck in discordance

  • @LiunUK said:

    you can hear her moans when she is phasing and they are directional as hell

    Lol, I mean it seems balanced to me. As someone who plays a lot of spirit I wouldn't mind if this stayed because we all know how unfair spirit can be. Even if it is a bug.

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1691955#Comment_1691955

    I agree as well

    So it can stop all these nerf spirit posts And I can go back to playing her without feeling guilty 😀

    you shouldnt feel guilty for playing spirit, ive wanted her nerfed for 2 years now and ive mained her throughout that entire time

  • I could support this if they finally fix the fact that survivors seem to lose their sound half the time even without iron will.

    You know, the bug they claim they "fixed" like 2 months ago, and we all imeediately saw that they didnt fix it? In fact, it's become more and more common.

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1692195#Comment_1692195

    well the DS bug had the hook bug going on at the same time to sort of even it out

    this is probably not a bug though, shadow nerfs been going on for a while + they snuck in discordance

    Even though I hate to think the devs would sneak in something without announcing it yet again, I genuinely do think that's the case.

  • @Kumnut768 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1692024#Comment_1692024

    you shouldnt feel guilty for playing spirit, ive wanted her nerfed for 2 years now and ive mained her throughout that entire time

    I played her a lot when she came out I mained her for a long time, but with all the crying and no counter play over the last year or whatever I slowly drifted away from her. Now I mostly use her to get the challenges done like kill all 4 in one trail I still play her from time to time. I been hanging out with wraith and clown lately, but yeah i been waiting on a nerf for her too. I'll try not to😀

  • Really bad change if it's intentional. The last hotfix broke her footstep audio, which was decently viable counterplay. I'd rather they fix her footstep audio than give survivors massive outplay potential in the form of directional audio cues. You could already straight up hear her pitter patter towards you before they broke her footsteps.

  • I hope this bug turns into a feature and they keep it. Doesn't nerf her all that much because you're still moving at mach 5 but at least now survivors know the general direction you're coming from if they pay attention and can make some kind of play based on that. I really like this change and hope it stays. It also really adds to the atmosphere imo, hearing her wailing noises move around you, knowing sort of where she is but not exactly which is what I think Spirit should've been like in the first place.

    Please BHVR, of all the bugs you can fix, don't fix this one, me and everyone else will probably finally shut up about Spirit.

  • @Kebek said:

    Huh, that sounds the same as when she was released, during that time I think you could hear her phasing directionally and she was really bad until she got buffed.

    I wonder how long will that take to fix (if it even will get fixed), probably longer then recent DS bug that affected a few killers making DS much worse vs them.

    Specifically were you able to hear the moaning/wailing sounds she makes or the vacuum "wshhh" sound she makes while phasing? Because if it was the 2nd one it's nothing like that, you only periodically hear her wails and they're not entirely directional, but they do give you a rough idea where she is.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1692336#Comment_1692336

    Specifically were you able to hear the moaning/wailing sounds she makes or the vacuum "wshhh" sound she makes while phasing? Because if it was the 2nd one it's nothing like that, you only periodically hear her wails and they're not entirely directional, but they do give you a rough idea where she is.

    I didn't manage to get a game vs spirit yet so I can't really judge. I'm just saying that this bug reminds me of her old self which was pretty bad.

    Also I don't remember how it used to be exactly, I just remember you were able to very reliablely tell from which side she was coming and pinpoit where she is while invisible making it pretty easy to beat her phasing. I'm sure there's some old PTB footage if you really want to know.

  • @LiunUK said:

    you can hear her moans when she is phasing and they are directional as hell

    Imagine if strong survivor content that people payed for got shadow nerfed or bugged like many of the killer stuff gets thrown around and mistreated/ ignored for years like they do. This game would get review bombed

  • @nursewannabe said:

    If it's a bug, don't fix it.

    As the #1 comp blueberry main I agree with this.

  • If this "bug" stays permanently, they at least need to put her at 115 speed. Otherwise she'll be entirely useless. Without the silence mind game she's a joke at 110% speed.

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694210#Comment_1694210

    I didn't manage to get a game vs spirit yet so I can't really judge. I'm just saying that this bug reminds me of her old self which was pretty bad.

    Also I don't remember how it used to be exactly, I just remember you were able to very reliablely tell from which side she was coming and pinpoit where she is while invisible making it pretty easy to beat her phasing. I'm sure there's some old PTB footage if you really want to know.

    You were able to hear the whooshing noises in a chase and the noise was directional.

  • It's easy to tell who are the survivor mains in this post.

  • @Bullettimegod said:

    Its a bug.

    Billy's animations/camera are still bugged all these months later.

  • There are negatives and posatives. I like that there is a little bit more strategy rather then just guessing, sure people could find out where she was going or coming from through the glass and footsteps, but it was difficult to hear that. However this does potentially hurt her in the high ranks, being able to know and guess where she is coming from allows a lot more counterplay that can really hurt the killer in the long run once people adapted to this change. This Bug might be removed or kept who knows, and I guess time will tell.

  • @seki23 said:

    survivors want the easy escape with her aswell, i guess only nurse will be viable now. so sad. even if i dont play spirit. i feel like she is the only one and nurse taht actaully are making me struggle when i play with friends i guess only nurse will be now, and freddy ocasionally.

    if you are gonna use that tired old line, at least spell check next time.

  • Bug or not, leave it as it is. It's fun being able to somewhat respond to her movements and not just do dumb stuff and guess.

  • This is one bug that they absolutely need to leave in the game. How long have we been wanting counterplay against Spirit and haven’t had/heard anything from the devs? This is a bug but it’s such a step in the right direction for healthy gameplay.

    Please devs make this a feature! I feel like if you guys fix this there’s gonna be a riot xD

  • @nursewannabe said:

    If it's a bug, don't fix it.

    this the fairest change that spirit can have for both killer and survivor, and it's a bug, like a bug have done a better job than everyone here

  • @Dabihwow said:

    There are negatives and posatives. I like that there is a little bit more strategy rather then just guessing, sure people could find out where she was going or coming from through the glass and footsteps, but it was difficult to hear that. However this does potentially hurt her in the high ranks, being able to know and guess where she is coming from allows a lot more counterplay that can really hurt the killer in the long run once people adapted to this change. This Bug might be removed or kept who knows, and I guess time will tell.

    .

  • People here I'm seeing are saying this bug is a good thing cause it offers "counterplay" for spirit as if she didn't have any already. Which she does, I mean sure a 2K hour spirit main might crush you but that's SOO many hours they commit to that killer. I personally prefer to play spirit when I kill and I don't have a lot of hours on her, I'd say I'm a 6/10 maybe a 7. And a bug like this is really bad for her. I don't see how people are seeing this as a good thing??

  • @LiunUK said:

    you can hear her moans when she is phasing and they are directional as hell

    Her hair stands up during phase too I believe like goku style not wavy

  • @nursewannabe said:

    If it's a bug, don't fix it.

    Yeah, leave it as is. This bug is godsent.

  • @LowSpecGamersMatter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1691955#Comment_1691955

    Hype!!! Finally, thats needed to have a fair 1v1 against her

    so if 1v1 is fair with her, how should she handle 4v1?

    You bring up Billy, but he was nerfed, wasn´t he?

  • This at least gives survivors some counterplay against her. Before you would have no information at all while Spirit can see grass moving, footsteps, scratch marks and hear moaning to pinpoint your location. Only hope you had as survivor was a long wall or a pallet and hope you picked the right side.

    But Don’t worry, she can still move at 100mph with her totally balanced Mother-Daughter ring.

  • Yet I'm still getting 4ks lol. All praise be to the potato gods.

  • Yet I'm still getting 4ks with her. Praise be to the potato gods. 😊👍

  • With the added dust clouds to survivor steps, it might not even be a problem if it stays directional. Have to test it, but it looks like the dust clouds are even more reliable than fathers glasses with sloppy butcher. If that stays as well as is and visible in phasing, it might be just fine now. Let's see

‹ 1 2