Do you think there's a single change the devs could make that people wouldn't complain about?

Just saw someone complaining about improved graphics and I didn't think that was possible. I feel like the devs could send every player $50 checks in the mail and plenty of people would still complain.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Just saw someone complaining about improved graphics and I didn't think that was possible. I feel like the devs could send every player $50 checks in the mail and plenty of people would still complain.

    there is one change that no one would complain about: Its their final move

    BHVR: I have one last plan for situations like this

    Everyone: Wait is it THAT last plan?

    Entitled people on both sides: I will follow you for anything you do BHVR

    BHVR: smirks

    new COSMETICS

    Everyone: Ah not again

    The entity: screeches

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲▼

    This is a jojo reference from jojo part 2 where jojo starts his last plan to save the world

  • It's funny - I remember one of the saddest things I've ever seen posted on a forum was in the final days of a game called Warhammer: Age of Reckoning. A Developer made some patch notes long after the game went into matience mode, even invited people to comment. 4 days later, the thread had 1 reply from 1 player. "Who cares."

    Complaining about changes is just a sign people still care. That's a good thing, IMHO.

  • @UMCorian said:

    It's funny - I remember one of the saddest things I've ever seen posted on a forum was in the final days of a game called Warhammer: Age of Reckoning. A Developer made some patch notes long after the game went into matience mode, even invited people to comment. 4 days later, the thread had 1 reply from 1 player. "Who cares."

    Complaining about changes is just a sign people still care. That's a good thing, IMHO.

    This is really sad..

  • Survivors are now 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% slower.

  • Nope. We have 21 different sides to appease on DbD and you will never satisfy all of them. There's always going to be one group or person within those groups who will not like it.

    @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194984/do-you-think-theres-a-single-change-the-devs-could-make-that-people-wouldnt-complain-about

    there is one change that no one would complain about: Its their final move

    BHVR: I have one last plan for situations like this

    Everyone: Wait is it THAT last plan?

    Entitled people on both sides: I will follow you for anything you do BHVR

    BHVR: smirks

    new COSMETICS

    Everyone: Ah not again

    The entity: screeches

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning ▲ ▼

    This is a jojo reference from jojo part 2 where jojo starts his last plan to save the world

    The secret technique of running away?

  • Giving bloodpoints for recovering on the ground while slugged.

    Even something as harmless as that, there's 2 complaints that I could think of, not giving enough points, or being in a category like alturism instead of survival.

  • Custom Bubba Chase music

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    Nope. We have 21 different sides to appease on DbD and you will never satisfy all of them. There's always going to be one group or person within those groups who will not like it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1650810#Comment_1650810

    The secret technique of running away?

    Yes

  • Increase PH's butt to it's original size.

  • Honestly dont think them fixing the bloodweb would cause real problems, i can see every complaint being critiques, not full on complains, as in "this is better than it was but this needs to be fixed"

  • @catnip18 said:

    Honestly dont think them fixing the bloodweb would cause real problems, i can see every complaint being critiques, not full on complains, as in "this is better than it was but this needs to be fixed"

    speaking of the bloodweb what items did those crazy blueprints replace? I get so many now it's not funny

  • @Quol said:

    Increase PH's butt to it's original size.

    Easy happy community activated. 👏

  • @Ryan489x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1650914#Comment_1650914

    speaking of the bloodweb what items did those crazy blueprints replace? I get so many now it's not funny

    They didnt replace anything, from my understanding when the web is generated each tile is given a color, then it generates a random item from that color, so the blueprints are fighting with grey bp token and grey items. My guess is that for the first month of their release they'll be spawning more frequently so there's additional testing, same with how first two days after PH release 95% of games were midwich

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    Survivors are now 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% slower.

    Nah, I could already see someone commenting "WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THAT CHANGE INSTEAD OF NERFING (Insert meta perk/killer here)"

  • Nerf ds, because 95% of the community wants it nerfed lol.

    incoming DS and Laurie Pfps.

  • @UMCorian said:

    It's funny - I remember one of the saddest things I've ever seen posted on a forum was in the final days of a game called Warhammer: Age of Reckoning. A Developer made some patch notes long after the game went into matience mode, even invited people to comment. 4 days later, the thread had 1 reply from 1 player. "Who cares."

    Complaining about changes is just a sign people still care. That's a good thing, IMHO.

    To say everyone who complains is someone who cares is a stretch, to say the least. There's people who spew nothing but negativity about this game and the devs. I think it's more a sign they have nothing better going on with their lives.

    The people who say "I haven't played DBD in months/years and I came back for a day and this, this, and this are awful." That's caring?

  • @MegHasCuteFeet said:

    Nerf ds, because 95% of the community wants it nerfed lol.

    incoming DS and Laurie Pfps.

    I mean that's just blatantly untrue.

  • A working implementation of match making.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1650812#Comment_1650812

    To say everyone who complains is someone who cares is a stretch, to say the least. There's people who spew nothing but negativity about this game and the devs. I think it's more a sign they have nothing better going on with their lives.

    The people who say "I haven't played DBD in months/years and I came back for a day and this, this, and this are awful." That's caring?

    No, that's just mental sickness.

    I'm willing to bet the vast majority of people who post do play the game fairly regularly though and genuinely care.

  • Less corn.

    Or

    More corn.

    Get rid of the meme or own the meme.

  • Framerate is finally stable on all platforms, praise the entity but it's a pipe dream.

    I can't see anyone complaining about that if that were to happen tomorrow.

    It'll never happen until next gen though because they basically gave up on current consoles.

  • @Raccoon said:

    Custom Bubba Chase music

    Even then people can complain, sometimes people just dont like some of the unique chase themes.

    I personally strongly dislike doctors chase music because its just a massive headache, although, it technically fits his character.

  • Changing Doctor's power to something more insanity related.

    Oh great he made a circle and knows where I am. Better vault a - wait I can't do that either. What a great killer.

  • Double bloodpoint weekends. Oh wait, "I WORK THE WEEKEND THIS IS UNFAIR"

  • BBQ and WGLF give stacks upon someone DCing. It’s just extra BP.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    Sure. Optimizing the game.

    Speaking of which, they did a nice job with this past hotfix. All the lag issues are gone and the game feels smoother than ever. Frames are still sketchy here and there, and the memory leak is still around. But all in all, good patch.

    It’s not super common, but there are Survivors that actually rely on the poor optimization. They’ll notice that their 360s and other maneuvers aren’t as effective anymore and that they’re getting hit in general more often because Killers aren’t dropping as many frames and start whining.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Just saw someone complaining about improved graphics and I didn't think that was possible. I feel like the devs could send every player $50 checks in the mail and plenty of people would still complain.

    They should have sent us $100 🤬, they make bazillions off od new chapters and skins!

  • The only thing I think they could do that wouldn't generate hate is giving away BP's or cosmetics. Anything else is change and a lot of people don't like to have to readapt.

  • Nerfing moris and keys together. Both sides are willing to take the hit to their item to get rid of the other.

    So long as the nerfs are equivalent. Which would be its own debate.

  • No. It's not possible to always please even just 2 people, how are you going to please millions?

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Just saw someone complaining about improved graphics and I didn't think that was possible. I feel like the devs could send every player $50 checks in the mail and plenty of people would still complain.

    Improved graphics means diminishing stability. It's a fair complaint if before, you could run it but now cannot, despite having bought the game years ago.


    That said, I like the new looks - I just hope that none of the new map updates will make them laggier, just like happened with Lery's, which for me is an unplayable map with a decent PC.

  • @UMCorian said:

    It's funny - I remember one of the saddest things I've ever seen posted on a forum was in the final days of a game called Warhammer: Age of Reckoning. A Developer made some patch notes long after the game went into matience mode, even invited people to comment. 4 days later, the thread had 1 reply from 1 player. "Who cares."

    Complaining about changes is just a sign people still care. That's a good thing, IMHO.

    Nailed it...

    A more interesting question would be if the community is a reflection of what's going on in the game.

  • Pig now crouches instantly like GF and her eye level while crouching is raised.

    Blight eye level raised too.

    Nobody would complain ;-)

  • Everyone would love Hag to be removed.

    If anyone disagrees they are lying.

  • fixing the memory leak issue

  • @GreyBigfoot said:

    Giving bloodpoints for recovering on the ground while slugged.

    Even something as harmless as that, there's 2 complaints that I could think of, not giving enough points, or being in a category like alturism instead of survival.

    It is rather annoying how hard it is to get survival points, could you imagine how little noed would be complained about if totems gave survival points rather than boldness?

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    BBQ and WGLF give stacks upon someone DCing. It’s just extra BP.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1650847#Comment_1650847

    It’s not super common, but there are Survivors that actually rely on the poor optimization. They’ll notice that their 360s and other maneuvers aren’t as effective anymore and that they’re getting hit in general more often because Killers aren’t dropping as many frames and start whining.

    Yeah that's true about 360s i suppose, but realistically if the devs optimized the game then killers would get WAY less ridiculous hits than they should. Bad optimization tends to favor killers more, unless you don't consider fixing latency issues as optimization for some reason.

  • Absolutely - it's called fixing bugs.

  • Allow us to play as the entity

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Just saw someone complaining about improved graphics and I didn't think that was possible. I feel like the devs could send every player $50 checks in the mail and plenty of people would still complain.

    I loved the graphics update. My only disappointment was, when they first went live, they appeared to have been majorly toned down from what was there on the PTB. I still appreciate the graphics updates, but I would still prefer the devs put everything on hold, from new systems to DLCs and graphics updates, and focus on the bugs.

  • @shalo said:

    A working implementation of match making.

    There are people being carried the whole time by the bad matchmaking.

    One group is not very good, but get carried by other survivors. If suddenly the other survivors are at your own skill level, they will complain about all the potatoes in their games, not even realizing that matchmaking is working.

    The other group is the red rank survivors that often get matched against the low skill killer. Such pairing shouldn´t happen anymore, disableing the easy mode for some of those survivors.

    So yes, i think they would still complain.

  • @Orion said:

    No. It's not possible to always please even just 2 people, how are you going to please millions?

    Is it possible you overestimate this games fanbase?

  • @CashelP14 said:

    Everyone would love Hag to be removed.

    If anyone disagrees they are lying.

    Her perks go with her? Cause I doubt many would support that...

  • I swear the root of soooo many complaints here is being dedicated only to Surv or to Killer. The lack of understanding both roles at least competently imo leads to tons bias.

  • Over a million owners on Steam alone. I don't think I am.

    @LittilAvindar said:

    Absolutely - it's called fixing bugs.

    Players have complained about bug fixes before because they were fixes to things they were used to exploiting.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1651684#Comment_1651684

    Over a million owners on Steam alone. I don't think I am.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1651661#Comment_1651661

    Players have complained about bug fixes before because they were fixes to things they were used to exploiting.

    That sounds like a "cry more" situation to me.

‹ 1 2