Why does tier 1 myers exist?

I mean I have been playing myers for a while now lll-50 with him and played him to about rank 7 now and I don't understand why tier 1 myers exists? Literally that tier only hinders him and if he is starved can make a game hell for a myers. I personally think get rid of tier 1 and now you have a b to a tier killer who isn't hindered by their power. Any thoughts?

Edit: Someone talked about his add ons so I say rework those if you remove tier 1

Edit: A lot of people are talking about scratches mirror so reworking tier 1 is just as good as removing it

Comments

  • I enjoy using Scratched Mirror on indoor maps to jump out and scare survivors. Using the wallhacks to watch them be paranoid and scared to do gens is hilarious.

  • I don't think myers' power is op in any sense, tier 1 is to sneak up and stalk stealthily, 2 is to chase or stalk, 3 is for stabby time, hurdle champion myers. He is in a decent spot aside from his point scores being extremely low.

  • But that's the only occasion where it's even partially viable since you aren't looking to stalk anyone. But please try stalking against people who know what your power is and getting out of tier 1 is a hassle. And that's the thing. Why is tier 1 such a hindrance to michael as a killer. All of his tiers should be upgrades to his power not hindrances. Either buff tier 1 of take it out. I would prefer buff tier 1 so scratched mirror doesn't have to be removed.

  • @Eleghost said:

    I don't think myers' power is op in any sense, tier 1 is to sneak up and stalk stealthily, 2 is to chase or stalk, 3 is for stabby time, hurdle champion myers. He is in a decent spot aside from his point scores being extremely low.

    Wut I never said he was op and decent spot? Most people who played the game for a while would tell you myers m is a weaker killer

  • i like the tier system on Michel it makes him the most versatile killer in the game. being permanently undetectable until you choose is great. thought while he can effectively play all playstyles there are better killer options for everything you would want to do with myers.

    he does need a buff but i hope it does not come in the form of deleting t1 myers.

    i would love to see say t3 myers having permanent bloodlust 1 and changing some of this useless addons like the reflective fragment line or the stalking movement speed line to be useful or making boy friend's memento a rare addon and heavily buffing its numbers so i dont have 60 of them to use with my 6 scratched mirrors because they are usable in any other way

  • Tier 1 is an outdated mechanic. That's all it really is. It's supposed to be thematic, but in a game where you NEED early pressure it's just a hinderence these days.

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565864#Comment_1565864

    Wut I never said he was op and decent spot? Most people who played the game for a while would tell you myers m is a weaker killer

    you're saying take out tier 1 which is what makes myers balanced as he has to get up to tier 2 for normal speed/lunge. tier 1 is simply for stalking or being sneaky. You have no heartbeat while in tier 1 so that's decent.

  • @Freesham said:

    I enjoy using Scratched Mirror on indoor maps to jump out and scare survivors. Using the wallhacks to watch them be paranoid and scared to do gens is hilarious.

    This makes him one of my favorite killers. It's not necessarily super effective at winning games, but when you can do it against a normal, non-sweaty team and just get a bunch of laughs and have fun it's some of the best stuff in the game.

  • @zoozoom6 said:

    i like the tier system on Michel it makes him the most versatile killer in the game. being permanently undetectable until you choose is great. thought while he can effectively play all playstyles there are better killer options for everything you would want to do with myers.

    he does need a buff but i hope it does not come in the form of deleting t1 myers.

    i would love to see say t3 myers having permanent bloodlust 1 and changing some of this useless addons like the reflective fragment line or the stalking movement speed line to be useful or making boy friend's memento a rare addon and heavily buffing its numbers so i dont have 60 of them to use with my 6 scratched mirrors because they are usable in any other way

    Like I said I would prefer a buff to it rather than a removal but I would be fine with either

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Tier 1 is an outdated mechanic. That's all it really is. It's supposed to be thematic, but in a game where you NEED early pressure it's just a hinderence these days.

    ^

  • @Heartbound said:

    Gen grabs

    Gen grabbing when you need early evil within isn't such a great idea 9/10. That's if you actually manage to get the grab if they don't run away at first sight of you

  • @Eleghost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565868#Comment_1565868

    you're saying take out tier 1 which is what makes myers balanced as he has to get up to tier 2 for normal speed/lunge. tier 1 is simply for stalking or being sneaky. You have no heartbeat while in tier 1 so that's decent.

    Oni doesn't have a hindrance like tier 1 myers and isn't broken. How would removing it make him broken? That is what confuses me

  • also survivor need a queue to know what killer they are playing against and their first idea of who the killer is shouldnt he a tier up sound and instantly being downed you can make comparisons to ghostface but even he has a universal sound when he goes into nightshroud

  • Maybe one day they'll look at him and rework the way his ability progresses. As it stands, it's not exactly balanced as it's now archaic. Scratched Mirror builds are fun, but I'm sure the devs didn't even have indoor maps in game at the time of his release. It was the players who created the whole jump scare Myers build.

  • @zoozoom6 said:

    also survivor need a queue to know what killer they are playing against and their first idea of who the killer is shouldnt he a tier up sound and instantly being downed you can make comparisons to ghostface but even he has a universal sound when he goes into nightshroud

    Just no

  • @Khar said:

    Maybe one day they'll look at him and rework the way his ability progresses. As it stands, it's not exactly balanced as it's now archaic. Scratched Mirror builds are fun, but I'm sure the devs didn't even have indoor maps in game at the time of his release. It was the players who created the whole jump scare Myers build.

    Hopefully.

  • Tier-I has the Undetectable status and Tier-III is so immensely strong, especially with add-ons.

    Consider it a balancing act.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    Tier-I has the Undetectable status and Tier-III is so immensely strong, especially with add-ons.

    Consider it a balancing act.

    Please tell me this then. Oni's power is stronger than tier 3 and he doesn't have the hindrance tier 1 has yet he isn't op. How would taking out tier 1 make him unbalanced?

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565910#Comment_1565910

    Please tell me this then. Oni's power is stronger than tier 3 and he doesn't have the hindrance tier 1 has yet he isn't op. How would taking out tier 1 make him unbalanced?

    Oni is hindered by having to absorb blood orbs and actually hit people. Myers you just look at people and hold a button. You can't take out tier 1 without completely reworking his tier 2 and 3.

  • @Eleghost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565912#Comment_1565912

    Oni is hindered by having to absorb blood orbs and actually hit people. Myers you just look at people and hold a button. You can't take out tier 1 without completely reworking his tier 2 and 3.

    So we gonna ignore how stalking works? Dude myers literally comes to almost a full halt while stalking someone and has to keep LOS. Not to mention he can't obscure his body to hide himself like ghostface can. Oni gets his power by playing normally and absorbing blood orbs isn't all that bad if you choose the right times to absorb them

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565910#Comment_1565910

    Please tell me this then. Oni's power is stronger than tier 3 and he doesn't have the hindrance tier 1 has yet he isn't op. How would taking out tier 1 make him unbalanced?

    Oni has to score hits and is second in volume only to the Demogorgon.

    If we're also talking base kit, then yes Bood Fury is technically stronger, but Myers' add-ons can cover that gap pretty quickly, such as INFINITE Tier-III, or KILL a survivor. What does Oni have in that range? See blood they pick up, so ignore half of your power?

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565912#Comment_1565912

    Oni has to score hits and is second in volume only to the Demogorgon.

    If we're also talking base kit, then yes Bood Fury is technically stronger, but Myers' add-ons can cover that gap pretty quickly, such as INFINITE Tier-III, or KILL a survivor. What does Oni have in that range? See blood they pick up, so ignore half of your power?

    See this was a good counter argument. To this I say rework his broken add ons along with removing or reworking tier 1

  • Imma go to sleep and check on this thread in the morning

  • I've been playing almost exclusively Tier 1 Myers for weeks now. Stealthy without needing to meet a requirement, and survivors can't break me out of it. It's the only thing I find fun lately. Don't take that away from me.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I've been playing almost exclusively Tier 1 Myers for weeks now. Stealthy without needing to meet a requirement, and survivors can't break me out of it. It's the only thing I find fun lately. Don't take that away from me.

    Doesn't sound like high rank gameplay. The game shouldn't be balanced around memes.

  • I think it’s just a product of its time. They could easily buff tier 1 and Myers still wouldn’t be anywhere near OP. He’s so slow and his lunge range is pathetic. Make him 110% and have a better lunge in tier 1 and he’d be less bad, but far from overpowered. Good survivors would still have plenty of counterplay but you’d be a bit less crippled by your move speed in the early game.

  • With T1 you can sneak up on survivors and even grab them off the gen.... you would be surprised to see how often it actually works

    Plus fat Myers is a fun build to play

    T1 allows you to be super close to start stalking survivors, and you can even get a fiew hits if they arent carefull.

    Over all i find it pretty okay, hes weaker at the beginning and stronger at the end (T3)

    Plus psychological pressure

  • I would rather say give him a mechanic to return to tier 1 for sneaks again at the cost of more stalks, rather than removing one of the funniest builds of the game

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    I mean I have been playing myers for a while now lll-50 with him and played him to about rank 7 now and I don't understand why tier 1 myers exists? Literally that tier only hinders him and if he is starved can make a game hell for a myers. I personally think get rid of tier 1 and now you have a b to a tier killer who isn't hindered by their power. Any thoughts?

    Edit: Someone talked about his add ons so I say rework those if you remove tier 1

    I have been able to win, 3-4K with Spooky Myers (Scratched Mirror + Boyfriend's Memo) consistently at Lerys, Hawkins, Swamp, Midwich, and Coldwind Farms. Would I love for him to be 110% rather than 105%? Sure. But he is functional and fun.


    *I forgot... also the Meat Packing Plant.

  • Tier1 is required for Scratch mirror play style

    Tier1 is required so that "dundundun-dundundun- dun dun" music warns Survivors that they're facing Myer and already pass Tier1

  • His power is supposed to be a massive buildup, even in tier II he has some really nice buffs

    • Increased vaulting speed
    • Lower TR than most killers (16 meters)

    And in tier III he becomes an snowballing beast

    • Greatly increased vaulting speed
    • Normal TR
    • Exposed status for everyone
    • Lunge with better reach
  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565871#Comment_1565871

    Gen grabbing when you need early evil within isn't such a great idea 9/10. That's if you actually manage to get the grab if they don't run away at first sight of you

    I did that more than once. Stalk up to 99% and try to get the grab. Works on several maps when you find the first survivor on the right map. Ez first hook and you can attempt it again. If it fails, you just get a hit and are tappable to get into normal mode. Not that bad as a kickoff in my opinion

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185556/why-does-tier-1-myers-exist

    I have been able to win, 3-4K with Spooky Myers (Scratched Mirror + Boyfriend's Memo) consistently at Lerys, Hawkins, Swamp, Midwich, and Coldwind Farms. Would I love for him to be 110% rather than 105%? Sure. But he is functional and fun.

    *I forgot... also the Meat Packing Plant.

    On Midwhich? Serious? I could imagine this being a horrible map for the miles you can see him coming, even when being in a room you have normally enough space to the doors to get to a pallet or window to safely escape

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    I mean I have been playing myers for a while now lll-50 with him and played him to about rank 7 now and I don't understand why tier 1 myers exists? Literally that tier only hinders him and if he is starved can make a game hell for a myers. I personally think get rid of tier 1 and now you have a b to a tier killer who isn't hindered by their power. Any thoughts?

    Edit: Someone talked about his add ons so I say rework those if you remove tier 1

    I’ve never thought of Myers being weak tbh. Plays pretty well for me (up to rank 1). What build are you using?

    1) corrupt, brutal, pop, discordance

    2) corrupt, infectious, bbq/thrill, pop

    3) ruin, surveillance

    etc

  • I think myers is one of the most balanced killers.

    Hes super weak in the start of the match and stronger later on, an experienced myers can get 2 or 3 downs when he pops his tier 3 power.

    Plus i think myers has some of the funnest builds in the game.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1566440#Comment_1566440

    On Midwhich? Serious? I could imagine this being a horrible map for the miles you can see him coming, even when being in a room you have normally enough space to the doors to get to a pallet or window to safely escape

    It is a terrible map for EVERY version of Myers except for Spooky Myers (sometimes called Jump Scare Myers). Because he can wall hack, and that map is stack on top of itself, he is extremely proficient at finding and cutting off the survivors. Try it out. Trust me, it works really well. All his other builds get roasted there though. Don't bother with them. :)

    *Scratched Mirror + Boyfriend's Memo

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1566480#Comment_1566480

    It is a terrible map for EVERY version of Myers except for Spooky Myers (sometimes called Jump Scare Myers). Because he can wall hack, and that map is stack on top of itself, he is extremely proficient at finding and cutting off the survivors. Try it out. Trust me, it works really well. All his other builds get roasted there though. Don't bother with them. :)

    *Scratched Mirror + Boyfriend's Memo

    At least I would know how to play against him on this map. Maybe it is just the overall potatoness of survivors. Everyone says The game is weak for him, but this is actually my favourite map for it, because you get quick information on where every survivor is due to map size.

    And that is the point on Midwhich, the map is way bigger. and to get up, you need to walk to the edges of the map, which is horrible with 105%. And as I said, I'm pretty sure when playing against him on that map, I don't think I could be jumpscared. Only thing is, that currently I would not know about a super safe healing spot, that all the other indoor maps have (like the top floor in the main room of Lerys, the big vault drop on Game or almost each catwalk in Hawkins)

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1566499#Comment_1566499

    At least I would know how to play against him on this map. Maybe it is just the overall potatoness of survivors. Everyone says The game is weak for him, but this is actually my favourite map for it, because you get quick information on where every survivor is due to map size.

    And that is the point on Midwhich, the map is way bigger. and to get up, you need to walk to the edges of the map, which is horrible with 105%. And as I said, I'm pretty sure when playing against him on that map, I don't think I could be jumpscared. Only thing is, that currently I would not know about a super safe healing spot, that all the other indoor maps have (like the top floor in the main room of Lerys, the big vault drop on Game or almost each catwalk in Hawkins)

    Well, I do always take Play With My Food, and that helps offset. By in large there is no safe healing spot against Spooky Myers on that map. He only needs to move a bit either way to find someone at the extreme edge. I also take out all the breakable walls as fast as possible. Since I'm invisible to Aura Reading stuff, that doesn't give me away to anyone with Alert. I shutdown Kindred. About the only thing that is a pain is Spine Chill. And the nature of the map makes it fun to do mind games with them. They know I'm looking at them but they don't know if I'm on the same level as them (or where) so you can just keep them running around and off Generators and Totems merely by Stalking.

    Spooky Myers performs very well in the Meat Packing Plant, Lerys, Hawkins, Midwich, and the Swamp. He performs adequately on most of the Cold Wind Farms maps by learning to use the middle. He struggles a bit on the Temple of Purge, and is downright hard on the Auto Wreckers and McMillian Estates. The common thread is the wide open, large map with tons of looping options.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1566532#Comment_1566532

    Well, I do always take Play With My Food, and that helps offset. By in large there is no safe healing spot against Spooky Myers on that map. He only needs to move a bit either way to find someone at the extreme edge. I also take out all the breakable walls as fast as possible. Since I'm invisible to Aura Reading stuff, that doesn't give me away to anyone with Alert. I shutdown Kindred. About the only thing that is a pain is Spine Chill. And the nature of the map makes it fun to do mind games with them. They know I'm looking at them but they don't know if I'm on the same level as them (or where) so you can just keep them running around and off Generators and Totems merely by Stalking.

    Spooky Myers performs very well in the Meat Packing Plant, Lerys, Hawkins, Midwich, and the Swamp. He performs adequately on most of the Cold Wind Farms maps by learning to use the middle. He struggles a bit on the Temple of Purge, and is downright hard on the Auto Wreckers and McMillian Estates. The common thread is the wide open, large map with tons of looping options.

    To be honest I totally dislike PWYF on this build 😁 I just bring it for Hawkins because you need it for the catwalks

    But it always takes so much time to build up multiple stacks and normally the first hit is the easy one, but then you lost a stack. The difficult is the second one to down, where I normally have no stacks left. That's why I prefer Thana and Sloppy to keep them injured as long as possible for better chances to get a second jumpscare.

    But I'll check if I can get one or two Midwhich just to try

  • Ok I'm back and let me say this. Just because you can succeed with a killer doesn't make them strong. Personally though unless I have add ons that boost my stalling rate getting out of tier 1 is a hassle against good survivors. And about your the tier 3 statement yeah that's true but there are killers like oni who can show ball way better and without the tier 1 handicap

    @BillyMain77 said:

    I think myers is one of the most balanced killers.

    Hes super weak in the start of the match and stronger later on, an experienced myers can get 2 or 3 downs when he pops his tier 3 power.

    Plus i think myers has some of the funnest builds in the game.


  • @Todgeweiht said:

    His power is supposed to be a massive buildup, even in tier II he has some really nice buffs

    • Increased vaulting speed
    • Lower TR than most killers (16 meters)

    And in tier III he becomes an snowballing beast

    • Greatly increased vaulting speed
    • Normal TR
    • Exposed status for everyone
    • Lunge with better reach

    Oni does this better and without tier 1

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185556/why-does-tier-1-myers-exist

    I have been able to win, 3-4K with Spooky Myers (Scratched Mirror + Boyfriend's Memo) consistently at Lerys, Hawkins, Swamp, Midwich, and Coldwind Farms. Would I love for him to be 110% rather than 105%? Sure. But he is functional and fun.

    *I forgot... also the Meat Packing Plant.

    Just because you succeed with a killer doesn't make them strong. That would be like otz saying trapper is s tier because he succeeds with him often

  • And sure spooky myers would get removed so I'm not opposed if they rework tier 1 rather than remove it

  • So you can use scratched mirror Myers

  • @Maperson said:

    Honestly they should remove tier 1 or rework him, he is in nowhere near good spot. Playing against r1 survivors is like a hell. In a game where killer start with zero pressure and having downfall like tier 1 is stupid, it's outdated, game is much different than it was before. Look at the killers like Oni or GF, who can get they're power much faster and are much more deadlier, sure Myers have insta down, but so does GF, Oni or even Leatherface. They really need to do something with him.

    ^

  • @OkKiLLer said:

    So you can use scratched mirror Myers

    One build shouldn't be the excuse for an outdated power

  • If they kept tier 1 strictly for the scratched mirror add on, but removed it from regular Mikey, that would be nice.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    If they kept tier 1 strictly for the scratched mirror add on, but removed it from regular Mikey, that would be nice.

    Possible but could just rework tier 1 instead of removing it

  • I used to play Myers a lot, T1 has some value, scratched mirror or sneaky gen grabs but overtime he's become more and more irrelevant, Ghostface sort of made him redundant

‹ 1 2