Why does tier 1 myers exist?

I mean I have been playing myers for a while now lll-50 with him and played him to about rank 7 now and I don't understand why tier 1 myers exists? Literally that tier only hinders him and if he is starved can make a game hell for a myers. I personally think get rid of tier 1 and now you have a b to a tier killer who isn't hindered by their power. Any thoughts?

Edit: Someone talked about his add ons so I say rework those if you remove tier 1

Edit: A lot of people are talking about scratches mirror so reworking tier 1 is just as good as removing it

Comments

  • @Jed_Olsen said:

    I used to play Myers a lot, T1 has some value, scratched mirror or sneaky gen grabs but overtime he's become more and more irrelevant, Ghostface sort of made him redundant

    Like others have said outdated power

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1566440#Comment_1566440

    Just because you succeed with a killer doesn't make them strong. That would be like otz saying trapper is s tier because he succeeds with him often

    I didn't say he was strong or OP. I said her performs very well on these maps and I'd hate to see him go. I'm trying to learn to play this build on other maps too. Got my first 3K on McMillian with Spooky Myers (very hard). It would have been a 4K except they disconnected.

  • I don't think Mikey's power is outdated, and its far more consistent than broken reveal GF.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1567012#Comment_1567012

    I didn't say he was strong or OP. I said her performs very well on these maps and I'd hate to see him go. I'm trying to learn to play this build on other maps too. Got my first 3K on McMillian with Spooky Myers (very hard). It would have been a 4K except they disconnected.

    Oh then I apologize I thought you were one of those if I win with him he is strong type of people. Bit yeah reworking tier 1 could be an idea as well

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    I don't think Mikey's power is outdated, and its far more consistent than broken reveal GF.

    Ghostface while leaning is hella inconsistent but mikey's power is outdated. It was made years ago in chapter 2 I think. His power hasn't changed at all for I think 3 years plus

  • I don't mind tier 1. I just wish they would make him 110% in tier 1. That way he can get out of it easier. That and some addon buffs.

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1567055#Comment_1567055

    Ghostface while leaning is hella inconsistent but mikey's power is outdated. It was made years ago in chapter 2 I think. His power hasn't changed at all for I think 3 years plus

    Just because its 3 years old doesn't make it outdated. Billy was made 3 years ago for example and his power was fine. Its the new updated Billy people don't care for.

    Mikey could use some tweaks, mainly little things like make it easier/faster to get to tier 2, and allow him to multi stalk more than one person at once like he used to be able to, but his base power is perfectly fine.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    I don't mind tier 1. I just wish they would make him 110% in tier 1. That way he can get out of it easier. That and some addon buffs.

    Most if his powerful add ons are fine really. Only his infinite tier 3 may needs a look at. Also possible buff to tier 1 and it sounds decent I wouldn't be mad if that was put into the game

  • Hot take: The Mirror add-ons should be re-worked entirely. Add-ons that are only usable on a very small number of maps don't make for good add-ons.

  • @TAG said:

    Hot take: The Mirror add-ons should be re-worked entirely. Add-ons that are only usable on a very small number of maps don't make for good add-ons.

    Good hot take I don't disagree unless you wanna run spooky myers

  • If his speed started at 110% he might be able to work better on the larger maps. Mostly it is just his add ons that need work. One of his Ultra Rare is never used (Tombstone) except as a joke. The truth is I only ever use the Scratched Mirror, Boyfriends Memo, Tombstone Piece, J.Myers Memorial, Bow Tie, Judith's Journal, and the Fragrant Tuft of Hair. None of the others EVER get used, and of this list I don't use half of them hardly ever. I think his base power is fine, but I do think his stuff needs tweaking.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    If his speed started at 110% he might be able to work better on the larger maps. Mostly it is just his add ons that need work. One of his Ultra Rare is never used (Tombstone) except as a joke. The truth is I only ever use the Scratched Mirror, Boyfriends Memo, Tombstone Piece, J.Myers Memorial, Bow Tie, Judith's Journal, and the Fragrant Tuft of Hair. None of the others EVER get used, and of this list I don't use half of them hardly ever. I think his base power is fine, but I do think his stuff needs tweaking.

    His base kit is fine just tier 1 I have any issue with

  • @Heartbound said:

    Gen grabs

    What are those? Is that when you gently pat someone on the back and then they run off? Because for about a year now that's my primary experience when gen grabs.

  • @malloymk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565871#Comment_1565871

    What are those? Is that when you gently pat someone on the back and then they run off? Because for about a year now that's my primary experience when gen grabs.

    I know that feel bro.

  • He needs to be looked over like they did for Doctor and Leatherface, I think they should make T1 exclusive to his addons and make T2 his default.

  • @Freesham said:

    I enjoy using Scratched Mirror on indoor maps to jump out and scare survivors. Using the wallhacks to watch them be paranoid and scared to do gens is hilarious.

    yea jump scare myers is the best on both sides.

  • @Maperson said:

    Honestly they should remove tier 1 or rework him, he is in nowhere near good spot. Playing against r1 survivors is like a hell. In a game where killer start with zero pressure and having downfall like tier 1 is stupid, it's outdated, game is much different than it was before. Look at the killers like Oni or GF, who can get they're power much faster and are much more deadlier, sure Myers have insta down, but so does GF, Oni or even Leatherface. They really need to do something with him.

    I agree, he has the worst start in the game and it can screw him over massively.

    They did say when they were talking about a list of killers they were gonna look at, Myers was on that list along with the chainsaw bros.

    This was after Freddy or Doctor changes, I can't remember, Horvath said this on a dev stream quite a long time ago now.

1 2 ›