Post your unpopular opinions
Old ruin had to stay. It was a filter for noobs that can't do a skillcheck, it was a good way to regress a game, and at higher ranks no one really cared for ruin, because we always hit great skillchecks. New ruin is just as boring as legion as a survivor.
Freddy is op and it needs a nerf. Right now he has
-TP to gen
-Two alternate abilities (with addons)
-You can't see him on the distance if you are awake
-Passive game delay (dream world)
-Making others sleep on hit is absolutely the worst, as it ends up being literally plague again, where actually waking up (cleansing with plague) is worse because you just lose time. Killer can get you infected/sleepy almost on sight
-Killer red aura,height, clothes being too dark, quiet breathing and footsteps, lullaby that doesn't gives any feedback on how close he is
-Dream world can't let you see #########, and it drops your fps by a lot so it's another handicap
idk, you can literally use Otz's build and win every single game with 2 pips and no addons. I took advantage of that on the last 45 matches of grind in the latest rift and it was just sad to witness. You don't feel any frustration or anything at all, is just a cakewalk. I think they did a great job with him just because I fell asleep everytime I play with him.
Legion is one of the most unfun killers to play and go against. Not because I believe he is op, but because he is just boring.
Comments
If you know how to play her, Pig is legitimately the best counter to the "second chance meta" and deserves some buffs.
Improve her crouch speed and camera angle in crouch?
The Hag is fun to play and effective with the right build and effective use of her traps.
I have a long list, but maybe not all of them at once. Crouch walking speed is on there. Camera I can deal with.
The new graphics are going to ruin the game.
Giving Pig the power to see RBT timers (with an add-on, even) would not break her.
I totally thought the pig was able to see the timers in the HUD already. 😂
Spinechill is overpowered as it alerts you of danger to immediately hide or get to a pallet. This is specifically strong with SB. It's basically Sprint Burst without the burst.
All Exhaustion perks prevent the punishing of mistakes, so does Spinechill for being out of position, same as they do. People just don't talk about it because compared to other perks it goes under the radar.
Even though the devs have no clue on what they are doing, They still made this game that we all love and enjoy together.... Sometimes....
DCing against unfun killers like Freddy and Legion is understandable lol and DCing when you're being bullied by a toxic team is fine
Being slugged is survivor's fault.
If all 4 survivors get slugged, it means they allow to slug themselves to killer. I remember playing vs Myers who couldn't pick up people due the bug as he said later. It was long ago. All he could do is try to slug all team without hooking and he didn't do it well because we did everything to avoid his strategy. We didn't heal at his range, we didn't pick up survivors when he was nearby. He had a really hard time trying to slug all of us. So if all 4 survivors get slugged instantly, it is not because killer is unfair. It happened because survivors played dumb.
Windows of Opportunity is an S Tier perk.
Shows what windows/pallets are available to you.
Shows if pallets have been dropped.
Shows if a killer is destroying a nearby pallet.
Lol, I do see a lot of complaints from people that are obviously fairly new players. Man they would have lost there mind over hatch stand-off and BNP popping a gen.
I know right? 4 Sweaty survivors with BNP and no Entity Window blockers. A minute into the game you're down to 1 gen and have to hope your mighty NOED and trapper traps placed by the exit gates are enough to secure victory or you won't get enough points to safety pip.
Badham phone-box should work as a locker.
DCs are fine and should not incur any penalty beyond loss of points and pips.
Claudette is the best survivor in the game.
Legion is the straight up worst killer (not because he is good or OP, just because mending is lame as all get out and takes up way to much time)
Survivors should have 1 personal ability each like killers
Hex: Ruin was fine the way it was (Survivor Main here)
Slugs should have the option to suicide like 1st hooks, maybe 3 chances to get up, or die. 4 minutes to bleed out is a waste of time.
I don't think the buba change fixed anything. :')
Noed and adrenaline exist only to balance each other out, the game would be better if we just removed both of them.
Just because something gets nerfed doesn't mean the devs thought it was overpowered. Sometimes things should behave differently than they do, even if it means making it slightly weaker. Eg: the many changes to deep wounds, even though legion was pretty weak then.
All killers are viable. They won't win every game, but they all can win even against good survivors. If I can 4k as speed-limiter bubba, I can do anything.
I like the meme addons. I just wish they didn't clutter up my bloodweb. They should each come with a mystery extra addon of the same level, like the boxes.
The community is much nicer than it's made out to be. Most post-match lobbies I see have a couple of ggs, many of them have us ending up as friends, only a tiny amount are toxic.
Blight is gonna be quite a strong killer. Anyone with that much raw mobility will be very effective, he just has some quality of life issues holding him back.
Old Freddy was more enjoyable than current to play and to face. He was extremely unique, probably the most unique we will ever see, and he was much more powerful than people thought if you played him right. (phase mindgames, playing strategic, prioritizing pressure over downs). He was too inconsistent, confusing, and janky but he should have been fixed, not reworked, I hope we get something like him again.
Using DS offensively is fine, but that means you've given up your defense and I will feel no qualms about tunneling you afterwards.
Object of Obsession is an open invitation to tunnel. It's designed to be high risk and high reward, and it's too much power for the killer to just let them be.
Same with key, because if the key holder lasts till the end of the game, they have a good chance of ending the game early, and that's something the killer can't risk.
People with no mither deserve one free slug per game purely for their boldness.
I think the BP offerings need a rework.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174323/bp-offering-rework-idea
The devs suck even more than anybody gives them credit for.
Telling the killer in post-match lobby that their killer is boring or unfun is just rude. I wouldn't list all the things survivors do that I enjoy, let's both play for our fun first.
Tunneling and camping aren't fun for anyone. If it's someone who seems to think they're untouchable then yeah it'll be great when they die first, but downing and re-hooking someone right as their taken off hook, or facecamping someone to death isn't demonstrating any kind of skill or competition, it's just trying to switch the match into easy mode.
Camping and tunneling are however far too effective still. Moderate tunneling is the optimal strategy at high ranks and I think it would be better if we moved the game away from that. And no matter how many times people say 'just do gens' it won't happen. There will always be one person who goes for a stupid save, now only 2 people are doing gens and it spirals into a 4k. The fact that just facecamping with bubba or doc will get you at least 2 kills since the gens won't all be done after the first dies, is really stupid.
Once the gens are done though and there's no other objectives on the map, defending and trading hooks should be the killer's priority. What the hell else am I gonna do, follow you to the exit gate? No it's the end game now so you better bring some teamwork and coordination if you want to make a hook save.
Exactly what I was going to say, otherwise total agreement!
Not sure if entirely unpopular or not but I don't want to come off as entitled. But especially on Survivor side, BPPH is BRUTAL. Even if running WGLF & an offering, if there's not an event going on, it feels like such a monumental grind that it really makes me feel for new players.
Bloodpoints Per Hour
Total agreement on Freddy, I find him very boring to play now compared to old Freddy and am sad that a better old freddy never came to the game or will.
Deliverance is not a second chance perk? Like, you're hooked, how's that a second chance. Second chance perks are those that actively save you from getting downed and hooked
But I agree with the overall message, if you need more than 1 second chance/slow down U BAD
Anyway generation 5 of Pokémon was a great gen and at release it was ######### on for no reason
I main Nea.
Windows of Opportunity is better than any exhaustion perk.
Iridescent Hatchet is a balanced add-on.
It’s only broken when combined with Leather Loop or Infantry Belt.
You can styptic agent.
You can try to force him into a tantrum.
You can BT off in a basic attack cool down.
You can do gens.
The game. The map, the game.
_____________
BEST MAP
Clown and Freddy are very boring to play against.
Shelter woods is also very boring there is no main building just normal jungle gyms and rock pallets
Everyone: Omg the new survivor Felix looks so hot sjwnbrjfzsv...
Me: He kinda looks like a Karen...
This!!!
And with the new perk that shuts pallets he will be broken.
the Meta is extremely boring and running it every game makes you a slave to it
also, Demo is the best killer
The obsession mechanic is terrible. Most perks either just randomly move the status around for very little reason, or actively benefit the obsession/not going for the obsession.
It wouldn't mean they don't exist...
This is a killers' forum
Actually, your opinions are quite popular.
On the contrary, the ruin change was a great way to make the game more enjoyable and less rng based for both sides. Less impact at low ranks means killers are less reliant on their ruin staying up and more impact at high ranks means more people can use it successfully. Killers also have more control over it, which is awesome.
Freddy is fine, waking up could use some tweaking but other than that he's not too strong. Spirit is a different story.
Finally, Legion is a fun killer to go against. Sure their an m1 once you're injured and they always runs around making you mend, but the way they punish cooperation is pretty unique and trying to predict their movement and hit the correct objectives is a fun break from the less strategic gameplay other killers offer.
You talk about balance but say that a 3k as killer is a loss...ok bud
If spine chill's op so is premonition by that logic.
Kinda sad that these are unpopular opinions. I wouldn't mind if keys and moris got nerfed even harder though.
Knowing how to play any killer counters the "second chance meta" actually. She does need buffs, among other killers.
Actually it's underpowered lol
You'd be surprised...
Everything I say apparently. 🤔
If the devs listened to a lot of balance suggestions made on these forums, the game would be dead.
Spirit is way more fun to play against than Nurse.
Feng Min is really annoying.
I agree except Kate looks better than Meg.
The first isn't that unpopular, nailed the rest.