Why are devs/killers like this?

https://youtu.be/0ko0PFAbmpw

The reason I'm asking that question is because the devs banned the use of MLGA and they should see this and think if they will ever want to play against/with this guy again...what a great player experience

Comments

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    The mechanics of the game allow people to be toxic, and then they wonder why their community is full of salty survivors that rage quit. Tru3 was right when he says these devs often fix the effect but not the cause. That was said in context to gen speeds but its true for disconnects too. They slap on a penalty but dont address reasons why people quit.

    Survivors should have a bleed out option. Nobody wants to wait an extra few minutes so some toxic troll can have his fun.

    You say this like survivors dont wait at the gate until the very end of the egc?

    What planet do you live on?

  • @megdonalds said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174643/why-are-devs-killers-like-this

    Most likely he got bullied too much by genrushing SWFs. Now he must bully back against bad solos I guess because of his inferiority complex. This is the best example why this community is just toxic trash. I also bet he is actually a survivor main that is just mad and salty af. But when he gets genrushed hard he ragequits and cries. This is literally DBD and its trash community in a nutshell nowadays.

    Do you need a hat for your strawman?

  • I'd like full context. What happened in the rest of the match before the clip started?

  • They didn't blame anyone. They were just skeptical. We live in a society of innocent until proven guilty, and the OP did a pretty good job only providing the key point of their complaint, so it's right to be skeptical.

    Where's the context? What happened in the whole match? I notice they didn't deny anything they said in their post.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1474169#Comment_1474169

    They didn't blame anyone. They were just skeptical. We live in a society of innocent until proven guilty, and you did a pretty good job only providing the key point of your complaint, so it's right to be skeptical.

    Where's the context? What happened in the whole match? I notice you didn't deny anything they said in their post. All you did was deflect. Liars usually deflect. Am I saying you're a liar? Of course not, but you did lay everything out pretty conveniently for yourself.

    tbh I don't think op seems too toxic, ofc there's still the off chance that OP was in a SWF with other members being toxic towards the killer but the point is moot. Such behaviour should not be possible in the first place.


    People claim it's "just" 4 minutes ignoring that's literally up to 25% of a match basically being dedicated to toxicity. That's absolutely insane. If you're the last survivor on the ground and you want to die then there should be an "entity take me" option. There would be absolutely no harm in this. Survivors buttdancing is an issue that will resolve itself once we get more balanced maps where they can't even do that anymore without going down seconds later.

  • I think we can agree that wasting another player's time for 4 minutes is not cool. (In general, slugging is fine, just this particular situation isn't cool.)

    Now comes the issue: How often does that happen? And compared to that - how often will survivors not leave the match when exit gates are open, making killers traverse the entire map from one gate to the other?

    What happened to the OP happened to me twice in all my time of playing DbD. Wasting 8 minutes of my time in total. That's it.

    And now: How many minutes of my time did survivors waste because they simply couldn't leave through the exit gates when the match was over? We are talking about hours in total here, and I've always been a survivor main.

    This community is one major reason why I completely stopped playing killer after all. 🤷‍♀️

  • A simple solution would be to make the EGC timer PERSONAL for survivors, if you are in the gate area for let's say more than 2 seconds the timer ticks down RAPIDLY forcing you to either leave or go out into the trial again. Yes healing up safely inside the gates would be a thing of the past then.

  • @Valor188917 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1474649#Comment_1474649

    tbh I don't think op seems too toxic, ofc there's still the off chance that OP was in a SWF with other members being toxic towards the killer but the point is moot. Such behaviour should not be possible in the first place.

    People claim it's "just" 4 minutes ignoring that's literally up to 25% of a match basically being dedicated to toxicity. That's absolutely insane. If you're the last survivor on the ground and you want to die then there should be an "entity take me" option. There would be absolutely no harm in this. Survivors buttdancing is an issue that will resolve itself once we get more balanced maps where they can't even do that anymore without going down seconds later.

    I think wanting to see the other 75% of the match is valid, though.

    If you spend the whole game t-bagging, clicking, and blinding the killer, and then they do what the pyramidhead in the video did...are they still toxic? Or is it just a well justified "f you" flex?

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1474657#Comment_1474657

    I think wanting to see the other 75% of the match is valid, though.

    If you spend the whole game t-bagging, clicking, and blinding the killer, and then they do what the pyramidhead in the video did...are they still toxic? Or is it just a well justified "f you" flex?

    I would certainly welcome all this ######### not even being possible but again, we don't know if OP himself was toxic. I did this myself to people simply in an SWF even tho they were not the ones who did this to me just to piss off the other guys, I can still tell it's not okay behaviour (I simply dont care tho cos im a hyppocrite lol)

  • @Valor188917 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1474678#Comment_1474678

    I would certainly welcome all this ######### not even being possible but again, we don't know if OP himself was toxic. I did this myself to people simply in an SWF even tho they were not the ones who did this to me just to piss off the other guys, I can still tell it's not okay behaviour (I simply dont care tho cos im a hyppocrite lol)

    Strictly speaking, it is okay. There's nothing against the rules set by the devs about it. Therefore, it's fine.

  • Tf are you and who cares what you think. Your whole life must be a strawman lmao. Seems we already found the salty killer from the video lul.

  • @megdonalds said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1474646#Comment_1474646

    Tf are you and who cares what you think. Your whole life must be a strawman lmao. Seems we already found the salty killer from the video lul.

    "Tf are you", said the guy who nobody knows either as if he was some big shot "lul".


    I already admitted to doing the same thing but in contrast to you I'm objective in finding a solution to toxic behaviour from both sides.

  • @Valor188917 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1474687#Comment_1474687

    "Tf are you", said the guy who nobody knows either as if he was some big shot "lul".

    I already admitted to doing the same thing but in contrast to you I'm objective in finding a solution to toxic behaviour from both sides.

    I know who that is. It's megdonalds. Duh.

  • It's for the lulz.

    The same reason you will load into Haddonfield and the first thing you see is a bunch of survivors teabagging you across the map with object of obsession.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1474055#Comment_1474055

    Right, because people who shoot up schools definitely dont have underlying mental issues, family problems, or a slew of other things that could cause that type of reaction.

    I was bullied pretty hard, and I didnt as much as fight anyone over it. Shooting a school over bullying is just the final straw/scapegoat.

    Also, you're comparing a VIDEOGAME to a school shooting. Proving my point that you take it too seriously and personally.

    Are you alright now?

  • @Cosmin262 said:

    https://youtu.be/0ko0PFAbmpw

    The reason I'm asking that question is because the devs banned the use of MLGA and they should see this and think if they will ever want to play against/with this guy again...what a great player experience

    Fail to see the problem here. It seems pretty clear he is doing a Pyramid Head RP and is very accurate to the main game. /s

  • @snozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473659#Comment_1473659

    You say this like survivors dont wait at the gate until the very end of the egc?

    What planet do you live on?

    So that makes it ok and justifiable to leave people on the ground?

    Survivors DID wait at the exit gates tbagging. Guess what happened next? EGC was added. 2 mins is all they get.

    When you’re slugged its 4 mins, when you’re slugged in EGC the timer slows down. All we’re saying is there should be a way to shorten that timer.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1474642#Comment_1474642

    So that makes it ok and justifiable to leave people on the ground?

    Survivors DID wait at the exit gates tbagging. Guess what happened next? EGC was added. 2 mins is all they get.

    When you’re slugged its 4 mins, when you’re slugged in EGC the timer slows down. All we’re saying is there should be a way to shorten that timer.

    EGC is 3 minutes, and if someone is downed I believe it is extended to 6 minutes.

    There are a ton of survivors who will sit at the hatch and waste time just to spite a killer after the survivor team got rolled. I find that to be done far more frequently than a killer who will slug someone to death.

  • You are now entitled to financial compensation for your misery

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    I'd like full context. What happened in the rest of the match before the clip started?

    not much I can remember,but there was some tunneling after a basement unhook,then me trying to take a hit for an injured surv,then the other guy was on hook and the killer came to me.About the flashlight I honestly do not remember what I used it for(maybe I tried 1 flashlight save ),but I assure you I didn't "clicky clicky" at a PH on this map.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473675#Comment_1473675

    So you're saying killers are most of times not toxic?

    Dude, just leave bias aside for once, BOTH sides have the same level of toxicity.

    And you can clearly see he had ######### addons on the flashlight, and didn't even USE IT

    Got an inbox full of proof that says otherwise. Sorry team, we aren't ALL in this together.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473919#Comment_1473919

    If you view my opinions as generally fair then that already doesn't make them bias by definition. Bias by definition would include an "unfair" treatment.

    "But once people come to conclusions about something, they rarely have their minds changed."

    If I was presented with data and evidence to suggest otherwise I would gladly change my opinion.

    "But will probably always see things with a killer slant."

    From a killer slant implies unfair preference to one side, of which I do not think I have. Killer slant the way you are saying it would mean that irregardless of data, evidence or anything I would give preferential treatment to one side which is not the case.

    Whatever the data, evidence and experience shows needs buffs or nerfs is what I want, I could care less which side it is. All I care about is objective information. I do not view that stance as bias or as a killer slant. It just so happens that in this one case, killers need some help.

    I also happen to think a lot of survivor perks need buffs. That isn't because of a bias, it's because there are a lot of survivor perks that are objectively weak.

    This, my friend, seems to be a simple case of "Believe her!"

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473714#Comment_1473714

    You can have a bias while still playing both sides. In my observations of your posts I would say you definitely have a killer bias. Or at least a killer leaning to your views. Which is not to say your positions are unfair. I actually feel they're usually pretty reasonable. But your views are definitely seen from a killer colored lens.

    Not that I'm really any better about it. I play both sides. But I certainly see things more from a survivors view point. As much as I try my own bias will always creep in.

    Hey, I agree with this idea! It's like racism, we all say we see each other as equal, but only one race can be "Top race" in the back of our minds, and we all think like that!

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473740#Comment_1473740

    Firstly man, you need to relax. You are getting way too argumentative over a simple conversation. We can talk or disagree without being combative.

    "That's your experience, you're not even 1% of the playerbase."

    I quite literally said that was my experience, yes. I also never said I was more than 1% of the player base, you completely interpreted me as saying more than I did my statement.

    "You can't claim killers are most of the time angels, when that's just not true, both sides have the same level of toxicity, you can't claim survivors/killer are more toxic, cause that's a flat out lie."

    I can claim that as my experience as it is literally just that, my experience. You are interpreting me as saying all killers are non toxic which is not what I said even remotely. All I have said is that in my experience that is generally the case, that's it. Those things are not synonymous

    "And I dont know ######### you're talking about, "Bias is disproportionate weight in favor of or against an idea or thing, usually in a way that is closed-minded, prejudicial, or unfair."

    You can play both sides, but I know a lot of streamers/gamers that play both sides, yet they still favor they're favorite side cause they're

    B I A S E D."

    You literally posted the definition and didn't read it carefully for what it said. "Closed-minded, prejudicial, or unfair" That implies a one sided view point with a lack of objectivity and literally treating one side unfairly. None of which are accurate to what I have said thus far.

    As I said, not what bias actually means in the way you are using it. You are misinterpreting the definition you posted.

    "Btw when you have any proof that you play both sides, we can discuss that."

    here you go.

    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018661768/

    I can also stream it if you'd like.

    "I can agree with you on that, OP should post the entire game, but saying most killers are angels is just a biased statement."

    Because "but saying most killers are angels is just a biased statement" Is not actually what I said at all, it is what you interpreted me as saying.

    Holly #########, I thought I was the only Hunk in this community, now I don't feel so alone anymore


    ...Sorry, couldn't resist.

  • @Izo_Quartz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473875#Comment_1473875

    The amount of toxicity from killers is higher then survivors on the forums. In the in-game chat, you probably think survivors are more toxic because there are 4 survivors and 1 killer in each match so when speaking to them, the killer would often feel outnumbered.

    Nice strawmen, I've gotten toxic messages from 100's of survivors, but I rarely get them in tandem from the same group... This is wide spread, and I can tell you from the days I played major SWF all the time in this game- Survivors are WAAAAAAY more toxic in general.


    And not to only the killer, to their own teammates. I've seen survivors sexually harass my female friend who played, so much casual racism, people who added me as a survivor, we we're friends (inspite of their Toxicity) and then would catch me in a killer game, playing normal and somewhat friendly only to be teabagged, sent a VOICE MESSAGE about how trash I am and that I play like a #########, etc etc. When I was trying to go easy....

    Dude, cut the bullshit. You probably haven't even been here that long, I literally have two years worth of nothing BUT Toxicity from survivors in my inbox, and even my survivor friends have the same. The killer will maybe message one survivor or post in endgame chat, which doesn't even exist on PS4 anyway and can be turned of on PC. This is the gaslighting bullshit survivors do in forum, then have the nerve to call killers toxic.. I'm done.

  • Are you was playing whit swf ? did your team did tbag and the click click click toxic stuff ? looks like

  • @Valor188917 said:

    A simple solution would be to make the EGC timer PERSONAL for survivors, if you are in the gate area for let's say more than 2 seconds the timer ticks down RAPIDLY forcing you to either leave or go out into the trial again. Yes healing up safely inside the gates would be a thing of the past then.

    like better if as they t bag the entity kick them back into the trial.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1474669#Comment_1474669

    like better if as they t bag the entity kick them back into the trial.

    I ######### hate cats, I'd never have 2 cats and I'd never call them Brownie or Cookie or anything.

  • @Flatskull said:

    I know this won't fix a lot of dumb toxic stuff but they should really rework the end game collapse.

    It's not fun for survivors to be stuck in this crap and it's not fun for the killer to see people on a Tbag timer at the gate. It should be more final and quick. Survivors have the entire match to do whatever they're going to do and killers shouldn't be pay able to drag out scenarios like this or at least wouldn't be able to do so longer.

    I hate this stuff. It's annoying to have swf loling it up at the safety gate and it's annoying for survivors to be just waiting to die. It's almost annoying as wraith standing invisible next to a hook waiting for a save entire match. Almost.

    I thought we hung around at the open gate to milk extra heals and offer the killer free swings for points... 🙄

  • @Blueberry said:

    That would seem toxic. That said, we see none of the game that happened before that and you have a purple flashlight. For all we know you were in a toxic swf tbagging and flashlight flicking him all game, we have no idea.

    The amount of times I see a killer do something like that when no one was toxic on our team is extremely, extremely rare.

    Just saying it seems odd for a person to randomly do that for no reason.

    Having a flashlight means nothing. It is a tool in the game. I agree that the person may have been toxic to the killer all game and perhaps warranted some form of "justice". That said, the reason I play killer is because I got tired of constant toxic killers. They are not rare. They are nearly the norm now days. I would rather farm BP off of 4 toxic survivors and at least get a good 20-30k BP reward for my efforts than get hook farmed out of a match with 4k by a toxic killer.

    Your mileage may vary based on your experience, but I've found the frequency of toxic survivors is about he same per match as toxic killers.

  • Ok I can get like if they teabagged you or clicked at a pallet you down them and give a cheeky little clap back but that’s just dumb 😂 also #revertpyramidheadsbuttback so instead of clapping with our hands we can clap with our cheeks 😳

  • it seems like he is really enjoy the game.

    I really can feel how happy he is from the video.

    wow.

    Honestly, I am a little jealous of him.

  • Here's the thing: for some reason this guy thinks he's cool for doing this.

    He's not.

    Joke's on him, I guess.

  • @Cosmin262 said:

    https://youtu.be/0ko0PFAbmpw

    The reason I'm asking that question is because the devs banned the use of MLGA and they should see this and think if they will ever want to play against/with this guy again...what a great player experience

    When the devs put a mechanism that summons the entity for an auto kill when survs are teabagging at the exit gates, then you can complain about this.

  • See ten seconds into that you go make a sandwich and all of a sudden this idiot is just wasting his time. 😂

  • @AngeloMerte said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473670#Comment_1473670

    That's bs, you clearly dont know how MLGA worked back then

    @AngeloMerte Its a fact. I use to use it. Been playing this game since it first launched on PS4 before switching to PC. People would block a person who they didn't like then if the name popped up on MLGA that the killer was a blocked player, they would dodge. I use to use it and it was said WHY they removed it from the ALLOWED list because it was heavily affecting the matchmaking on their stream. I use facts, not feelings.

  • @Cosmin262 said:

    https://youtu.be/0ko0PFAbmpw

    The reason I'm asking that question is because the devs banned the use of MLGA and they should see this and think if they will ever want to play against/with this guy again...what a great player experience

    ok, i will admit i have done this to a few survivors who did bugger all and just hid in bushes the whole game, but yikes, this just seems unneeded

  • In the meantime, survivors have four years of constant in-game trolling, farming and abusiveness.

  • Thing is... Clean killers and clean survivors never meet in a match... One side is always toxic

  • This content has been removed.
  • @DrDeepwound said:

    You are now entitled to financial compensation for your misery

    I guess if the a killer was the victim ya'll would be saying "I fEeL yOU mAn ThesE ToXiC SurVIvoR MaInS1!1!"

  • @stikyard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473710#Comment_1473710

    I thought we hung around at the open gate to milk extra heals and offer the killer free swings for points... 🙄


    Don't milk it on my time. The game is over, you won, have some class and leave. If I wanted to farm with you we would of been doing it in match, not at your victory lap. This is like me knocking you down, picking you up, waiting you to get off, then hitting you again and repeating the process. Don't drag it out.


    If you have never gone "OH GEE WOW, thanks for those struggling points. That wasn't prolong or annoying at all at my defeat, mr killer" then you understand why most killers realistically aren't thankful for gate hovering and tbaging.

  • @Flatskull said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475328#Comment_1475328

    Don't milk it on my time. The game is over, you won, have some class and leave. If I wanted to farm with you we would of been doing it in match, not at your victory lap. This is like me knocking you down, picking you up, waiting you to get off, then hitting you again and repeating the process. Don't drag it out.

    If you have never gone "OH GEE WOW, thanks for those struggling points. That wasn't prolong or annoying at all at my defeat, mr killer" then you understand why most killers realistically aren't thankful for gate hovering and tbaging.

    I'm fairly new and I honestly thought people stood around for the extra points. It's usually within a handful of seconds of opening the gate and I thought it was generous to give the killer a hit or two.

    I guess some people use that time to troll. I don't hang around long, just enough to make sure everyone is safe and give the killer a hit.

  • @AngeloMerte said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475453#Comment_1475453

    Blocking killers on MLGA does NOT affect q times. If the survivor decides to dodge that's on him, fact is the Q times are not affected by it unless the survivor goes out of his way and make it longer on purpose by dodging

    @AngeloMerte It inevitably did. After having a large roster of people you dodge, people complained about not being able to find a match. When many people dodge someone, it creates another search. It increases the search time until 4 people are happy with the killer. There is only a certain amount of killers near you before it searches a wider range.

    If you keep on making the game search, it takes longer and longer until you find a new killer. Then you find a new killer but you don't like him so you add him to the dodge list and it increases. Its not complicated.

  • not sure if i got the idea of the topic but if this is about killer`s tbag it is lol.

    survs tbgas almost each game , you can open streams of hexy/tru3talte/otzdarva  you will see that they are tbagged and bashed in chat all the time desptie they always try to follows unwritten rules


    also killers always in a disadvantage because 4 people vs 1 in chat

  • ah, yes, i forgot, if survs are suffering with several minutes of slug tell me who tbags on the gates 90% of time and who was prolonging a game for 10-20-30 minutes before patch with endgame collapse was released? Was it a killer that did not want to end the match and was simply running around?

  • @Pryzm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1473675#Comment_1473675

    Having a flashlight means nothing. It is a tool in the game. I agree that the person may have been toxic to the killer all game and perhaps warranted some form of "justice". That said, the reason I play killer is because I got tired of constant toxic killers. They are not rare. They are nearly the norm now days. I would rather farm BP off of 4 toxic survivors and at least get a good 20-30k BP reward for my efforts than get hook farmed out of a match with 4k by a toxic killer.

    Your mileage may vary based on your experience, but I've found the frequency of toxic survivors is about he same per match as toxic killers.

    I can't argue with the experience you'd had but mine has been completely the opposite.

    I typically find that the reason so many people think so many killers are toxic is because a vast majority think things are toxic that simply aren't.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475340#Comment_1475340

    I can't argue with the experience you'd had but mine has been completely the opposite.

    I typically find that the reason so many people think so many killers are toxic is because a vast majority think things are toxic that simply aren't.

    Though I agree that many non-toxic things are taken as toxic on both sides, there are some very sweaty builds that ruin the game for many people. I have been playing mostly killer tonight, but jumped on survivor to do a daily I can't get rid of. First match was a seriously sweaty Ebony Mori Ghost Face who tunneled each player right off the hook. Would mark the unhooker so they would not try to block and just mori. After the game he was all about "gg ez git gud". Sorry, but that is pretty darn toxic. HAd a similar group earlier as killer. All four DS, 2 lights, key, 2 OoO and no interest in doing gens, just tried to mess with me the whole time. End of the match was pretty toxic, even though I tried to keep it civil.

    In short, people suck.

  • @Valor188917 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475230#Comment_1475230

    I ######### hate cats, I'd never have 2 cats and I'd never call them Brownie or Cookie or anything.

    i do have 2 cats and i also never call them Brownie or Cookie but cats has nothing to do with this topic.

1 2 ›