Springtrap would fit. Lets talk.

I know I know, ANOTHER FNAF post, but I've seen about 50 posts about DS or Moris so I'm sure it's fine. I just want to go over a few unfair arguments that I've seen go against Springtrap.

"The FNAF story is too shallow to fit into DBD." Compared to what exactly? You're telling me that TCM, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Halloween have rich and deep stories? TCM is literally "teenagers in my house? chainsaw go brrrrr".

"It would bring all the Fortnite kids to the game." Lets not forget that Ninja played this game for a week straight and stopped because his viewers preferred Fortnite. Also little kids would get mauled by the games steep learning curve.

"its cringe and would bring the cringe FNAF fans." Yeah like the DBD community didn't have Silent Hill rule 34 only TWO HOURS after the announcement(Being careful of who I follow on Twitter now...). Most of the "10 year old FNAF fans" are mid-late teens now, which is a healthy demographic to get into the game since it'll help the games longevity.

"Not really scary enough to fit. It would kill the immersion" Pretty opinionated, but I'm sure everyone is shaking in their boots when Trapper, Legion, Ghostface, Huntress, Pig, or Bubba are walking up on them. Also immersion is pretty dead when survivors stop taking the game seriously to boop the Pigs snoot or to offer themselves to basement Bubba.

"FNAF is just jump scares, it wouldn't fit in DBD." Wraith, Ghostface, Michael, Pig, basement Bubba, and HAG want to know your location. The devs don't have to be limited to just jump scares when designing his power.

"The killer lore is too bad, its literally just a guy in a suit." Springtraps lore is more scary and sinister than Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly, and Legion. I know his kill count is low, but if was never confined to his suit, he would've most likely gone down the same path similar to Clown and just murdered children his entire life.

Those are the main ones I can think of off the top of my head while I'm fighting morning killer queue times, but im open to discussion.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • We dont need some Kids toys in this game. Legion cosmetics already killed any dbd atmosphere.

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    Here's a great reason not to include FnAF - Half the story is made up by the audience. They decide what's Cannon, the creator made a lazy cash grab idea of a horror game and kids who never read a Stephen king book in there life or even know who TF Dean Koontz is deemed it to be best cuisine art cringe pasta.

    Said audience demands their silly property be placed in a horror game because their desire to ######### Chicka is only supersede by their desire to ruin the concept of horror for everyone by forcing their weird, deviant sex art onto a disinterested and unwitting audience.

    Even if half the story is made up, the story has more depth than TCM(teens in my house? chainsaw go brrrr), Halloween(I like to stab. Thats it), and Scream(Your mom slept with my dad and now I want to kill you). Also I wouldn't use the Stephen King books as the bar for "horror lore" considering a lot of it is just shock horror IMO.

    There's a lot of pent up aggression in this second part, you good dude? Anyways, like I posted in the OP, this is the community that had Silent Hill rule 34 only two hours after the chapter got announced. This is also the same community that has a naked fetish for Michael, Clown, and an ass fetish for Pyramid Head.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    We dont need some Kids toys in this game. Legion cosmetics already killed any dbd atmosphere.

    Yeah a decaying corpse of a child serial killer in a withered and torn robot suit is definitely less intimidating than the other killers, total kids toy.

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418785#Comment_1418785

    Lot to unpack here. Its really difficult to dismiss Springtrap because of the "classic slasher" theme, considering L4D and Stranger Things exists(also being a love letter to slashers is a bit of a stretch). But the one thing all these characters have in common is "horror", which whether is the popular opinion or not, FNAF falls under. The argument that the games are made for kids is pretty solid, Id even say it were true for the newer games, but the game Springtrap is from is definitely a horror game and the lore behind him is better than some that are already in the game. But not only lore, Springtrap would be more terrifying than a lot of the killers in the game.

    Im not arguing he should be in the next chapter, or the one after that, I'm just debunking the arguments I've seen the most that dont make any sense. I really want Alien over anything right now, but Id love to see Springtrap in year 5 or 6. But I agree im not a fan of IT or Silent Hill.

    But I really appreciate the rant, it was a good read.

    Honestly if we got Springtrap later down the line and they made him scary with an interesting mechanic I don't think people would be that mad because at the end of the day it's another killer. I completely agree about Alien though, been hoping for it since Myers was released as the first license and it was always kind of just a fever dream until Demo was released, just worried about the possibility of it happening since it's owned by the mouse.

  • @Falkner09 said:

    While I'm not interested in FNAF, are there really people saying he wouldnt fit? he's literally a killer who got turned into a monster.

    seems like he'd a be an inferior Robbie the rabbit though.

    Robbie is more of a knockoff of him though. Maybe it is a generational thing, but that is all I see when I see him. That, and a waste of money on a really bad set of skins for Legion.

  • @MiniPixels said:

    DbD is a love letter to classic horror icons, the only newer licenses we have gotten was Bill from LFD who canonically made sense for the game and is a part of a cult classic game from 2008 and Stranger Things which was also a love letter to classic slashers, FNAF's main audience is children, something DbD's devs and community is very against, regardless of your opinion on the subject a Springtrap chapter is something only FNAF fans would appreciate, and not something that your average horror fan is going to look at highly, people are gonna be disappointed by it's announcement (because let's be honest having FNAF in the game before Alien, IT, Jason ETC, is just a kick in the nuts.) and it most likely wouldn't sell well compared to other bigger horror licenses. Whether the game is even considered horror is up for debate but I won't get into that now, but it just doesn't fit the theme that DbD has always stood for, it's a game of appreciation for the originals. People saw Silent Hill and went nuts because they figured this meant that any video game could make it into DbD despite the fact that we've had Bill from LFD2 for the better part of 3 years, Silent Hill made sense and fit so well because it's one of the original horror games that kicked off horror in gaming so it made sense. I personally am not a fan of IT, I think the original movie is pretty good and hope to god that if it's added it is in it's original form, but even if it was added as the modern adaptation I wouldn't be mad because it MAKES SENSE, it's a franchise that got it's roots in a cult classic film that has a very strong following. This is the point where I stop because I'm tired of ranting, I've played the games I think they're interesting and the lore is engaging but it's not something meant for DbD in mine and many others opinion.

    Stranger things is more of a Mystery/Sci-fi series than a slasher, especially with the direction it is heading. Saw is also more of a Detective Thriller, especially the first one.

  • @scenekiller said:

    My question is, why is Springtrap such a hot topic today? Did I miss something?

    (Admittedly, I don't really keep up on much so it's possible)

    It has been a resurgence of an idea come up with months ago. There is a growing number of people who would like to see (even if it is only just) him in the game, as with Pyramid Heads introduction to the game, it allows true video game killers entrance to it. I think it could work really well, but I am biased.

  • Can we PLEASE get a downvote option in the Forums 🙄

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419217#Comment_1419217

    Yeah a decaying corpse of a child serial killer in a withered and torn robot suit is definitely less intimidating than the other killers, total kids toy.

    It's still just a Kids toy and doesnt fit into dbd atmosphere.

  • i be ok with fnaf in the game btw with this being like the 50 or so thread on this topic there this video watch and enjoy i did.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vZQA14ulSs


  • @VolantConch1719 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418358#Comment_1418358

    She's a cultist of Glitchtrap (who is essentially a computerized Springtrap with a far more haunting appearance)... and that's pretty much all we know right now (EDIT: that isn't speculation).

    Oh and her mask is this nightmare fuel.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Q0306DD4YUVA/image.png

    That is pure cringe im sorry dosen't fit at all

  • @BeardedMenace said:

    Can we PLEASE get a downvote option in the Forums 🙄

    only we can get LOL one back.

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418858#Comment_1418858

    Even if half the story is made up, the story has more depth than TCM(teens in my house? chainsaw go brrrr), Halloween(I like to stab. Thats it), and Scream(Your mom slept with my dad and now I want to kill you). Also I wouldn't use the Stephen King books as the bar for "horror lore" considering a lot of it is just shock horror IMO.

    There's a lot of pent up aggression in this second part, you good dude? Anyways, like I posted in the OP, this is the community that had Silent Hill rule 34 only two hours after the chapter got announced. This is also the same community that has a naked fetish for Michael, Clown, and an ass fetish for Pyramid Head.

    Overly generalizes legitimate horror icons and one of the greatest authors in history let alone horror but thinks FNAF has more depth or story.


    That's hilarious.

  • @TrappinMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418625#Comment_1418625

    His survivors could be one of the security guards, or maintenance techs or even his human form because the entity is nothing if not an #########. They can pull a Silent Hill and have the map based on a different game than 3, like the setting of a new one is a shopping mall, or combine together multiple pizzerias to make Fazbear's. And I mean his hands being weapons is fine, you have Hag and Demo just using their hands, and the Saw bros, Doc, and Oni use blunt weapons. He's got easy skin potential in the other animatronics, since whatever power they give him would likely work with the others, and the new linked outfits would prevent mismatching.

    Not saying I'd be for a Freddy's rep, but potential is there. A damn sight more than Chucky, since he's way too small a character. Or Jason now, since all his tricks are covered by another character.

    The stark difference is that Oni and Doc have hand held weapons, and Demo and Hag have claws for fingers. Springtrap has neither of those things to say that's fine.

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418785#Comment_1418785

    Lot to unpack here. Its really difficult to dismiss Springtrap because of the "classic slasher" theme, considering L4D and Stranger Things exists(also being a love letter to slashers is a bit of a stretch). But the one thing all these characters have in common is "horror", which whether is the popular opinion or not, FNAF falls under. The argument that the games are made for kids is pretty solid, Id even say it were true for the newer games, but the game Springtrap is from is definitely a horror game and the lore behind him is better than some that are already in the game. But not only lore, Springtrap would be more terrifying than a lot of the killers in the game.

    Im not arguing he should be in the next chapter, or the one after that, I'm just debunking the arguments I've seen the most that dont make any sense. I really want Alien over anything right now, but Id love to see Springtrap in year 5 or 6. But I agree im not a fan of IT or Silent Hill.

    But I really appreciate the rant, it was a good read.

    I would love for an Alien chapter. They could do so much unique stuff with a Xeno.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419232#Comment_1419232

    It's still just a Kids toy and doesnt fit into dbd atmosphere.

    How is any of what he described a kids toy? This is the same game that gave us rabbit costumes for legion btw.

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418965#Comment_1418965

    20 killers in the game all with unique powers that the in game descriptions dont always cover fully, 134 perks to learn and work around, mediocre tutorial, looping optimally, map knowledge, when to drop chases or go for saves, very toxic and entitled fan base, and the countless little details. If you truly believe that the "cringe FNAF and Fortnite" kids will pick up this game and get through all of that then I admire your optimism.

    Im sorry, but this game just doesn't have a steep learning curve lol. It's not a hard game at all.

    I don't even like Fortnite, but those building mechanics have more depth than most killer powers.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419290#Comment_1419290

    How is any of what he described a kids toy? This is the same game that gave us rabbit costumes for legion btw.

    How abour reading more than just one post?

  • @SpookySZN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419221#Comment_1419221

    Overly generalizes legitimate horror icons and one of the greatest authors in history let alone horror but thinks FNAF has more depth or story.

    That's hilarious.

    Debunk me then. Please tell me the deep and very fascinating depth of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Ill be waiting.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419232#Comment_1419232

    It's still just a Kids toy and doesnt fit into dbd atmosphere.

    Lord, what toys did you play with when you were a kid?

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419099#Comment_1419099

    Im sorry, but this game just doesn't have a steep learning curve lol. It's not a hard game at all.

    I don't even like Fortnite, but those building mechanics have more depth than most killer powers.

    I admire your optimism.

  • FNaF fandom reminds me a lot of MLP. They’re obnoxiously shoving it in your face all the time. Seriously, as much as I’m not a fan of FNaF, maybe people would be a little more chill if it wasn’t spamming the forums every damn day. We get it, you guys want your mech bear bunny thing. Overexposure to it is just a major turnoff from it.

  • @Siberia said:

    FNaF fandom reminds me a lot of MLP. They’re obnoxiously shoving it in your face all the time. Seriously, as much as I’m not a fan of FNaF, maybe people would be a little more chill if it wasn’t spamming the forums every damn day. We get it, you guys want your mech bear bunny thing. Overexposure to it is just a major turnoff from it.

    I've seen 14 different posts about reworking keys and moris just today, let alone everything else. Theres not as many FNAF posts as people are exaggerating considering the forums are just the same 8 posts.

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418858#Comment_1418858

    Even if half the story is made up, the story has more depth than TCM(teens in my house? chainsaw go brrrr), Halloween(I like to stab. Thats it), and Scream(Your mom slept with my dad and now I want to kill you). Also I wouldn't use the Stephen King books as the bar for "horror lore" considering a lot of it is just shock horror IMO.

    There's a lot of pent up aggression in this second part, you good dude? Anyways, like I posted in the OP, this is the community that had Silent Hill rule 34 only two hours after the chapter got announced. This is also the same community that has a naked fetish for Michael, Clown, and an ass fetish for Pyramid Head.

    I'm good, but it's frustrating seeing the same damn thing come up multiple times.


    Ok, we get it, you don't actually understand the point behind most iconic horror franchise, let me help


    Halloween: fear of evil is unexplained, the purpose behind the person who may decide to kill you is no more than they may have just been born that way. It practices one of the main tenants of horror - the unexplainable



    TCM: the fear of traveling through the unknown. This also must be placed against the proper context of it's time to make sense- rural, open America, a little abandoned road somewhere in big ol Texas, if you've never lived their or any huge state, or ever went on a road trip past route 66, it won't mean as much to you. Also, Leather face is based on a real serial killer : Ed Gein.


    Scream: Ok, I almost give you this one. Although it is important to remember 2 things here,

    1. Scream was originally a tribute and love letter to the slasher genre, without its success continuing the love of slasher films, DBD may not even exist today.

    2. Technically, Screams not even in the game. Just the costume which cannot be copyright claimed.


    Now, let's discuss for the 15th time why that's a bad and disingenuous construct of an argument. For one, you know you're talking about icons in horror. I reiterate, there wouldn't be a dead by daylight without the properties you chose to name.

    Next, we have to deal with the fact that FnaF is MOSTLY fanfic. You trying to deflect with rule 34 Silent Hill nonsense from trolls on this specific forum is NOTHING compared to the legions and legions of devoted craftsman who all want to have hands and a say in how the story works.... and make Bonnie and Chicka porn.

    By the first game, there wasn't even really a story.... As in, you were in a room, a guy said you have to watch animatronics that get "crazy at night" and jumpscares. That is the original lore, without embellishment, without retarding the storyline to benefit a false narrative I'm trying to force.


    Come on man, don't try to bring down other properties in order to normalize this deviant art. It is what it is, there's something for everyone, but it doesn't have to be accepted by everyone and it doesn't have to join dbd.


    Again, this is my opinion, I just feel strongly about it.

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419416#Comment_1419416

    I've seen 14 different posts about reworking keys and moris just today, let alone everything else. Theres not as many FNAF posts as people are exaggerating considering the forums are just the same 8 posts.

    Now you’re just acting like a typical fanboy who can’t take criticism and needs to defend their fandom to death. For the forums, yes, there ARE a lot of posts for it. But there’s no need to insult the other horror franchises to defend your own. I get you want FNaF, but at least respect that other people may not want it, rather than fighting it constantly.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418858#Comment_1418858

    You do know thats a massive over generalization of the community right? And the main storyline is actually pretty easy to follow and is set in stone. It's the little things that make the story complicated. FNAF 4 is the exception, theres still a lot of unknowns with that one.

    Put it this way, I'd much rather see SCP-173 in this game and that's pretty much ALL fanfic. At least it's respectable.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    FNAF needs more time to settle as a horror icon, currently I don't feel it having a good place in DBD

    This is probably one of the more fair arguments I hear against a FNaF chapter. I personally wouldn't really mind it's young age, primarily since we got Stranger Things, which came out in 2016. However, I can see where the concern stems from.

  • You only made one post, unless your counting the ones that came before which say the exact same thing.

  • @Siberia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419432#Comment_1419432

    Now you’re just acting like a typical fanboy who can’t take criticism and needs to defend their fandom to death. For the forums, yes, there ARE a lot of posts for it. But there’s no need to insult the other horror franchises to defend your own. I get you want FNaF, but at least respect that other people may not want it, rather than fighting it constantly.

    Dang I touched a nerve. I have been respectful of others opinions and have been civil. There are NOT a lot of posts for it. Im on these forums a lot because of queue times and I see 10 posts about DS for every FNAF post I see.

    My "insulting" of other franchises only comes from defending people attacking FNAF, because like you said, they should respects other people views. Saying that "FNAF has no lore" when being to compared to other horror franchises is just silly considering most of them are really straight forward(which isnt a bad thing). The "fighting it constantly" comment doesn't really make sense either since in my post I said I wanted to talk about it and I'm just here...talking about it.

    My goal isn't to offend so I apologize if you thought that was my intent.

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419136#Comment_1419136

    Put it this way, I'd much rather see SCP-173 in this game and that's pretty much ALL fanfic. At least it's respectable.

    I don't see how SCPs are fanfic but sure. Also the definition of fan fiction is something not official and made by fans, The stories in FNAF are made by the creator and left for the fans to find, so calling FNAF fan fiction is just flat out incorrect. You also keep talking about FNAF porn like people don't make of other horror series, hell people even make porn of DBD itself. I don't even care for FNAF but these arguments yall are using just don't make sense.

  • @SpookySZN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419221#Comment_1419221

    Overly generalizes legitimate horror icons and one of the greatest authors in history let alone horror but thinks FNAF has more depth or story.

    That's hilarious.

    On another post there was one saying Myers was forgotten and fnaf is more successful because there wasn't a Halloween movie for a few years. They're resorting to trashing horror icons to try and make fnaf look better not realising its actually making fnaf and their fan base look worse. 😂

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    The moment you tried to equate silent hill with FnaF cringe, is the moment I decided you are well past your depth.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418397#Comment_1418397

    Get right the ######### out of here. Please, really, just GTFO.

    If someone explaining something to someone who is confused about said something that had nothing to do with you is enough for you to very rudely tell someone to go away, I would recommend finding a therapist, because that is NOT a normal reaction.

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418883#Comment_1418883

    I respect your opinion, however thats why people bring up Springtrap instead of Freddy or anyone else in the series. Springtrap legitimately looks scary, probably scarier than most of the killers in the game. Take away the FNAF name to him for a sec, and you have a tall robot with withered and worn parts that are covering a rotting and decaying body, you can even see the ripped up flesh underneath his limbs and face. BHVR would design their own version of him, and Im sure they would make him look very fitting for the horror genre of the game.

    Point well made. He is definitely the most similar in terms of artwork etc. I still feel its hard to distance a character from the franchise it comes from and probably wouldn't look forward to FNAF DLC.

    I'm not saying it would ruin the game I'm just saying I'd find it hard to fit it in. There are definitely other killers I'd rather see before an FNAF inclusion. But more content is better than less. What would the map be like though?

    I'm not a huge Silent Hill fan either, its an interesting idea but I always found it clunky and the movies a lil meh, but that's typical of a film based on a comp game. Will probably get the DLC eventually but not till its on sale. I'd be in the same boat with FNAF.

    Also it doesn't have to be slasher flick specific, stranger things for example, which I do love, and the demogorgon is already the servant of some other entity so it already kinda fits. SAW less so but its more torture porn than slasher, never been a big saw fan botchy story relying on to many disjointed flashbacks (usually a sign of poor story planning). But I get off topic sorry.

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419221#Comment_1419221

    I'm good, but it's frustrating seeing the same damn thing come up multiple times.

    Ok, we get it, you don't actually understand the point behind most iconic horror franchise, let me help

    Halloween: fear of evil is unexplained, the purpose behind the person who may decide to kill you is no more than they may have just been born that way. It practices one of the main tenants of horror - the unexplainable

    TCM: the fear of traveling through the unknown. This also must be placed against the proper context of it's time to make sense- rural, open America, a little abandoned road somewhere in big ol Texas, if you've never lived their or any huge state, or ever went on a road trip past route 66, it won't mean as much to you. Also, Leather face is based on a real serial killer : Ed Gein.

    Scream: Ok, I almost give you this one. Although it is important to remember 2 things here,

    1. Scream was originally a tribute and love letter to the slasher genre, without its success continuing the love of slasher films, DBD may not even exist today.

    2. Technically, Screams not even in the game. Just the costume which cannot be copyright claimed.

    Now, let's discuss for the 15th time why that's a bad and disingenuous construct of an argument. For one, you know you're talking about icons in horror. I reiterate, there wouldn't be a dead by daylight without the properties you chose to name.

    Next, we have to deal with the fact that FnaF is MOSTLY fanfic. You trying to deflect with rule 34 Silent Hill nonsense from trolls on this specific forum is NOTHING compared to the legions and legions of devoted craftsman who all want to have hands and a say in how the story works.... and make Bonnie and Chicka porn.

    By the first game, there wasn't even really a story.... As in, you were in a room, a guy said you have to watch animatronics that get "crazy at night" and jumpscares. That is the original lore, without embellishment, without retarding the storyline to benefit a false narrative I'm trying to force.

    Come on man, don't try to bring down other properties in order to normalize this deviant art. It is what it is, there's something for everyone, but it doesn't have to be accepted by everyone and it doesn't have to join dbd.

    Again, this is my opinion, I just feel strongly about it.

    You've brought up some good points, definitely had to think for a bit. However the underlying themes of the movies wasn't news to me, I understand they each represent their own version of horror, however the stories they're trying to tell arnt much better than however you see FNAF because it actually has good lore and the amount of theories isn't a bad thing at all, it just shows a thriving community. Its just the wrong genre to bring up the "lore bad" argument.

    I actually have deep respect for Scream because their take on the horror genre and how they innovated it. It was similar to the others in a good way but also had their own take. However like the others, its just a simple story, similar to FNAF at its lowest.

    Claiming the Silent Hill rule 34 is only from trolls is a big stretch considering that there's a whole sub dedicated to NSFW DBD stuff. Sure, there's weird stuff in the FNAF fandom, but thats in almost EVERY fandom because the internet will be the internet.

    Of course in the first game it was simple, but obviously as more games released, the lore got deeper and gave a narrative as to why things were happening the way they did.

    I'm glad you feel strongly about this and I'm glad you took the time to say all this, but people attacked FNAF fans for suggesting him for no reason so I was only targeting those people.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419450#Comment_1419450

    I don't see how SCPs are fanfic but sure. Also the definition of fan fiction is something not official and made by fans, The stories in FNAF are made by the creator and left for the fans to find, so calling FNAF fan fiction is just flat out incorrect. You also keep talking about FNAF porn like people don't make of other horror series, hell people even make porn of DBD itself. I don't even care for FNAF but these arguments yall are using just don't make sense.

    You literally just explained how SCP is fanfiction.... It's a whole website based on fanfic, granted it's a teir or two above the average creepy pasta, and they actually did peer reviewing. I actually LOVE SCP and it's lore, but I have enough restraint and respect for what that property is on its own NOT to want to see it haphazardly tied into DBD, despite the fact it makes a ######### ton more sense than. FnaF

  • @VolantConch1719 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418822#Comment_1418822

    If someone explaining something to someone who is confused about said something that had nothing to do with you is enough for you to very rudely tell someone to go away, I would recommend finding a therapist, because that is NOT a normal reaction.

    Explain to me why you shouldn't still get right the ######### out if here? Explain it all you want, I don't care. But suggesting that is I creepy or should be in the game? Right, TF, out of here.

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419482#Comment_1419482

    You literally just explained how SCP is fanfiction.... It's a whole website based on fanfic, granted it's a teir or two above the average creepy pasta, and they actually did peer reviewing. I actually LOVE SCP and it's lore, but I have enough restraint and respect for what that property is on its own NOT to want to see it haphazardly tied into DBD, despite the fact it makes a ######### ton more sense than. FnaF

    I still don't think you know how Fan fiction works. Fan fiction means it is not official and made by fans. Meaning if it's on the site it's official and therefore not Fan fiction. And I agree, haphazardly shoving it in without care would suck, but it could be great if done right. I'm sure you already know my stance on it based on my name.

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419438#Comment_1419438

    You've brought up some good points, definitely had to think for a bit. However the underlying themes of the movies wasn't news to me, I understand they each represent their own version of horror, however the stories they're trying to tell arnt much better than however you see FNAF because it actually has good lore and the amount of theories isn't a bad thing at all, it just shows a thriving community. Its just the wrong genre to bring up the "lore bad" argument.

    I actually have deep respect for Scream because their take on the horror genre and how they innovated it. It was similar to the others in a good way but also had their own take. However like the others, its just a simple story, similar to FNAF at its lowest.

    Claiming the Silent Hill rule 34 is only from trolls is a big stretch considering that there's a whole sub dedicated to NSFW DBD stuff. Sure, there's weird stuff in the FNAF fandom, but thats in almost EVERY fandom because the internet will be the internet.

    Of course in the first game it was simple, but obviously as more games released, the lore got deeper and gave a narrative as to why things were happening the way they did.

    I'm glad you feel strongly about this and I'm glad you took the time to say all this, but people attacked FNAF fans for suggesting him for no reason so I was only targeting those people.

    You know what man, fair point. I have no issue with you, and you seem like a very even keeled individual.


    With all due respect I don't want to see it in the game, but considering I will say, we can agree to disagree and leave it at that with shaken hands.


    Have a good day, continue to carry that positivity, you wear it well.

  • I'll only be happy if this is his terror radius.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urhXYj_Aknc

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419512#Comment_1419512

    Explain to me why you shouldn't still get right the ######### out if here? Explain it all you want, I don't care. But suggesting that is I creepy or should be in the game? Right, TF, out of here.

    So me calling the mask "nightmare fuel" is what you clung to, I see.

    In no way did I suggest that it should be in DBD. I was simply making a statement about the mask (which I personally creepier than almost 80% of what is in the game as it is, which is something you may not agree with). In fact, my only post in this thread before that was merely stating a flaw in another common argument often brought up. That was not meant to be me saying I want FNAF in DBD, especially when there are far more iconic characters out there who should have priority over a cheap jumpscare-fest. Maybe in the distant future (ie. two-three years), but not now.

    I have gone through your posts about this subject and can respect your opinion, but verbally attacking people doesn't make it any more valid.

    Have a good day/night sir/ma'am. We'll have to agree to disagree about the mask and move on like normal people, before this ends with both of us getting kicked.

  • Y'all just hate the idea of springtrap because fnaf became a meme. It really shouldn't. The game's lore is about kids dying and being tortured for several years. "ThE mAn BehiND tHE SLauGhTer" its really a man that slaughtered children and hid their bodies. In the last fnaf game you see what's like being deceived by him. This game is way darker than any other killer in DbD. At this point Fnaf is 6 years old and it changed the world of horror and indie games since its conception. It's already an icon since everyone knows what it is. Y'all argue about his power, his weapon, Survivor and map and that's FOR THE DEVS TO DECIDE, none of the Killer's so far had a predictable mechanic so its useless to ask for that. If you don't want it in the game, fine, but a lot of people want it and we're doing our best to express that to the devs. Quit being negative about other people's dreams because you think "FNAF it's cringe".

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418176#Comment_1418176

    Robbie is more of a knockoff of him though. Maybe it is a generational thing, but that is all I see when I see him. That, and a waste of money on a really bad set of skins for Legion.

    Robbie debuted in Silent Hill 3, many years before FNAF existed.

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419538#Comment_1419538

    You know what man, fair point. I have no issue with you, and you seem like a very even keeled individual.

    With all due respect I don't want to see it in the game, but considering I will say, we can agree to disagree and leave it at that with shaken hands.

    Have a good day, continue to carry that positivity, you wear it well.

    Thank you brother, this put a smile on my face. Have good day man.

  • I'd be totally down for him I just hate all these threads about it.

  • @Falkner09 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419248#Comment_1419248

    Robbie debuted in Silent Hill 3, many years before FNAF existed.

    Again, I said that maybe my perception is a generational thing, because I did not grow up with Silent Hill. Which I mention in my previous comment.

  • I still don't want fnaf. It has a possibly of getting in. But I really... really don't want it.

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    I know I know, ANOTHER FNAF post, but I've seen about 50 posts about DS or Moris so I'm sure it's fine. I just want to go over a few unfair arguments that I've seen go against Springtrap.

    "The FNAF story is too shallow to fit into DBD." Compared to what exactly? You're telling me that TCM, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Halloween have rich and deep stories? TCM is literally "teenagers in my house? chainsaw go brrrrr".

    "It would bring all the Fortnite kids to the game." Lets not forget that Ninja played this game for a week straight and stopped because his viewers preferred Fortnite. Also little kids would get mauled by the games steep learning curve.

    "its cringe and would bring the cringe FNAF fans." Yeah like the DBD community didn't have Silent Hill rule 34 only TWO HOURS after the announcement(Being careful of who I follow on Twitter now...). Most of the "10 year old FNAF fans" are mid-late teens now, which is a healthy demographic to get into the game since it'll help the games longevity.

    "Not really scary enough to fit. It would kill the immersion" Pretty opinionated, but I'm sure everyone is shaking in their boots when Trapper, Legion, Ghostface, Huntress, Pig, or Bubba are walking up on them. Also immersion is pretty dead when survivors stop taking the game seriously to boop the Pigs snoot or to offer themselves to basement Bubba.

    "FNAF is just jump scares, it wouldn't fit in DBD." Wraith, Ghostface, Michael, Pig, basement Bubba, and HAG want to know your location. The devs don't have to be limited to just jump scares when designing his power.

    "The killer lore is too bad, its literally just a guy in a suit." Springtraps lore is more scary and sinister than Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly, and Legion. I know his kill count is low, but if was never confined to his suit, he would've most likely gone down the same path similar to Clown and just murdered children his entire life.

    Those are the main ones I can think of off the top of my head while I'm fighting morning killer queue times, but im open to discussion.

    Here is the link bro I support dbd springtrap, and you support me if we want to add dbd springtrap to the game, maybe they will see it, tell your friends :)!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/175390/im-curious-to-see-how-many-people-will-vote-for-the-introduction-of-the-springtrap-maniac/p1

1 2 3