Springtrap would fit. Lets talk.

I know I know, ANOTHER FNAF post, but I've seen about 50 posts about DS or Moris so I'm sure it's fine. I just want to go over a few unfair arguments that I've seen go against Springtrap.

"The FNAF story is too shallow to fit into DBD." Compared to what exactly? You're telling me that TCM, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Halloween have rich and deep stories? TCM is literally "teenagers in my house? chainsaw go brrrrr".

"It would bring all the Fortnite kids to the game." Lets not forget that Ninja played this game for a week straight and stopped because his viewers preferred Fortnite. Also little kids would get mauled by the games steep learning curve.

"its cringe and would bring the cringe FNAF fans." Yeah like the DBD community didn't have Silent Hill rule 34 only TWO HOURS after the announcement(Being careful of who I follow on Twitter now...). Most of the "10 year old FNAF fans" are mid-late teens now, which is a healthy demographic to get into the game since it'll help the games longevity.

"Not really scary enough to fit. It would kill the immersion" Pretty opinionated, but I'm sure everyone is shaking in their boots when Trapper, Legion, Ghostface, Huntress, Pig, or Bubba are walking up on them. Also immersion is pretty dead when survivors stop taking the game seriously to boop the Pigs snoot or to offer themselves to basement Bubba.

"FNAF is just jump scares, it wouldn't fit in DBD." Wraith, Ghostface, Michael, Pig, basement Bubba, and HAG want to know your location. The devs don't have to be limited to just jump scares when designing his power.

"The killer lore is too bad, its literally just a guy in a suit." Springtraps lore is more scary and sinister than Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly, and Legion. I know his kill count is low, but if was never confined to his suit, he would've most likely gone down the same path similar to Clown and just murdered children his entire life.

Those are the main ones I can think of off the top of my head while I'm fighting morning killer queue times, but im open to discussion.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    I know I know, ANOTHER FNAF post, but I've seen about 50 posts about DS or Moris so I'm sure it's fine. I just want to go over a few unfair arguments that I've seen go against Springtrap.

    "The FNAF story is too shallow to fit into DBD." Compared to what exactly? You're telling me that TCM, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Halloween have rich and deep stories? TCM is literally "teenagers in my house? chainsaw go brrrrr".

    "It would bring all the Fortnite kids to the game." Lets not forget that Ninja played this game for a week straight and stopped because his viewers preferred Fortnite. Also little kids would get mauled by the games steep learning curve.

    "its cringe and would bring the cringe FNAF fans." Yeah like the DBD community didn't have Silent Hill rule 34 only TWO HOURS after the announcement(Being careful of who I follow on Twitter now...). Most of the "10 year old FNAF fans" are mid-late teens now, which is a healthy demographic to get into the game since it'll help the games longevity.

    "Not really scary enough to fit. It would kill the immersion" Pretty opinionated, but I'm sure everyone is shaking in their boots when Trapper, Legion, Ghostface, Huntress, Pig, or Bubba are walking up on them. Also immersion is pretty dead when survivors stop taking the game seriously to boop the Pigs snoot or to offer themselves to basement Bubba.

    "FNAF is just jump scares, it wouldn't fit in DBD." Wraith, Ghostface, Michael, Pig, basement Bubba, and HAG want to know your location. The devs don't have to be limited to just jump scares when designing his power.

    "The killer lore is too bad, its literally just a guy in a suit." Springtraps lore is more scary and sinister than Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly, and Legion. I know his kill count is low, but if was never confined to his suit, he would've most likely gone down the same path similar to Clown and just murdered children his entire life.

    Those are the main ones I can think of off the top of my head while I'm fighting morning killer queue times, but im open to discussion.

    nightmare on elm street and soo on are from films and are the most iconic killers. Im going to be honest and not rude but SpringTrap wont fit DBD since alot of thing that i dont see it coming.

    1. FNAF its based of horror jumpscare without moving youre character expect closing doors etc. DBD its alot of things youre moving youre character and you fix a gen it will be wierd him moving around while in FNAF he just like teleport or something like that.
    2. the lore and it would be wierd the lore since (spoilers alert) Springtrap its the purple guy i dont know.
    3. power now its a huge thing killers power myers have its unique power from the films and freddy also unique but SpringTrap dude...hes power its unknown.
    4. it would be the first robot killer and i prefer terminator than him xd.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @Tru3Lemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/168567/springtrap-would-fit-lets-talk

    nightmare on elm street and soo on are from films and are the most iconic killers. Im going to be honest and not rude but SpringTrap wont fit DBD since alot of thing that i dont see it coming.

    1. FNAF its based of horror jumpscare without moving youre character expect closing doors etc. DBD its alot of things youre moving youre character and you fix a gen it will be wierd him moving around while in FNAF he just like teleport or something like that.
    2. the lore and it would be wierd the lore since (spoilers alert) Springtrap its the purple guy i dont know.
    3. power now its a huge thing killers power myers have its unique power from the films and freddy also unique but SpringTrap dude...hes power its unknown.
    4. it would be the first robot killer and i prefer terminator than him xd.

    I totally agree, I mean in FNAF if you look at them they don't move so I guess we'll just have one survivor stare at him to freeze him in place the whole game while everyone does gens, EZ lol

  • @Tru3Lemon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/168567/springtrap-would-fit-lets-talk

    nightmare on elm street and soo on are from films and are the most iconic killers. Im going to be honest and not rude but SpringTrap wont fit DBD since alot of thing that i dont see it coming.

    1. FNAF its based of horror jumpscare without moving youre character expect closing doors etc. DBD its alot of things youre moving youre character and you fix a gen it will be wierd him moving around while in FNAF he just like teleport or something like that.
    2. the lore and it would be wierd the lore since (spoilers alert) Springtrap its the purple guy i dont know.
    3. power now its a huge thing killers power myers have its unique power from the films and freddy also unique but SpringTrap dude...hes power its unknown.
    4. it would be the first robot killer and i prefer terminator than him xd.
    1. While it is true that FNaF and DbD have very different styles of gameplay, it's been proved that differences in gameplay don't matter when considering licenses for DbD. Bill is from a Zombie shooter game. Additionally, more recent installments in the FNaF universe have more elements of free roam, and focus more on a scary environment rather than just jumpscare horror. Springtrap is actually pretty notable considering he is one of the first animatronics to actually been seen moving in-game. Now, that's a characteristic shared by a lot of characters, but it definitely set him apart from the others at the time.
    2. I mean, Springtrap is canonically dead. I don't really know how that would interfere with the lore of FNaF or DbD exactly, considering many characters followed a similar route into The Entity's realm. However, I agree that it isn't crystal clear. There was a new character introduced into FNaF: VR, a yellow creepy rabbit called Glitchtrap by the community. People are fairly confident that this is William Afton, or some digital manifestation of him, but this is yet to be confirmed. Even if it is true that William Afton is still alive somehow, that still shouldn't really prevent him from coming into DbD, considering Myers isn't technically dead either.
    3. The devs could easily make a power for him. It could take elements from either the gameplay or the lore. If they were able to make unique powers for both Ghostface and Myers, who have a lot in common, I doubt that Springtrap would be any harder, considering how much material they can pull from.
    4. Yea thats totally fair.

    That's just my perspective, feel free to disagree if you want to.

1 2 3 ›