Colorblind support needed please
I always post about the hardships color blindness affected killers endure. Given that the ability of the new killer won't let you actually see survivors, instead relying on following tracks or blood,
Will you please now consider adding colorblind options to the game? This killer will be unplayable for us otherwise.
I have already tried with predator and bloodhound. No tangible difference for me. And even if it DID make a difference, why should I waste 2 perk slots to overcome a difficulty that 99% of the games out there address correctly?
Previously talking about this topic, the devs said they didn't have the resources to work on it, but the BBQ event showed us that they ACTUALLY can change hook colors, even mid-game switching them, so why don't they add colorblind mode to the whole game? Imagine playing this killer against Iron Will/Calm Spirit, not seeing survivors bc the ability prevents you from doing so, not being able to follow blood trails or scratch marks bc you are color blind and not hearing them bc they equipped those 2 perks. Impossible to play for me.
Comments
bump.
Bump

bump
Colorblind options are very much needed. Got a friend of mine hooked on the game but he can't see scratch marks or auras as killer very well due to red/green color blindness. Colorblind options would be a great help.
Bump

Does anybody know if the devs have said anything about this recently?
nope i dont think they have but they might in the next Q&A
I hope they'll address it soon. Finding gens and hooks in the new Yamaoka map is even harder than in Haddonfield or Autohaven.
BUMP
They kind of did. It wasn't in the current plans but if we keep it alive who knows.
Having the same 5 people bump a thread isn't going to help. Try getting actual data on how many colorblind people play the game; stuff that'll show them this isn't being requested by just 0.000001% of the players.
Jesus Christ here we go. Yes people are bumping the thread but many individual users have commented on the thread. Please take your "helpful suggestions" somewhere else.
I'm not surprised you're rejecting something that might actually help - you're only interested in doing enough to make sure you feel good about yourself, even if it doesn't help anyone.
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I'm just saying that it doesn't help much either. If you want a company to know that a feature is requested by a significant portion of its customers and potential customers, you don't create an echo chamber; you get data that shows them this is a highly requested feature.
Wow you apparently know me so well. On top of being a mathematician, a scientist, a pollster now we can add therapist to your list of achievements.
Well read what i said on discord so you know how i really feel.
With that being said. The lack of understanding and vague response from the dbd team is laughable.
The issue is that not all of those people play the game. I share your sentiment - this is a simple UI change that shouldn't be put on the back burner since it's just as gamebreaking for the colorblind as any bug - but I doubt the devs will take action unless they can see, in actual terms, how big the demand is.
considering this post is the only i see on the front page with 7 or more pages of people talking and agreeing on one thing makes it big
That person is an egomaniac who only believes he is right about anything ignore him and just keep plugging away.
Right on
@DeathScavenger you should check this out
Why isn't this in the PTB??
BUMP!!!

So hey the survey is out for Shattered Bloodlines and a section is what would you change this is an opportunity to ask for colorblind mode. below is the post
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/23194/survey-shattered-bloodline#latest
I apologize in advance for tagging everyone but think this is a good chance to make it known.
@Condorloco_26 @chemical_reject @Vietfox @lyric @Michiko @PinkEricka @NoxiousOnnyyxx @Lowbei @Nickenzie @powerbats @Dwights_leftfoot @Jigsawn @sulaiman @Daddy_Doctor @Yucchi @Grey87 @TheLegendDyl4n1 @TheHourMan @Doultime @KiraElijah @campasaurus @Camperface @Leatherbilly @AnotherRandy @Kurisu @Global @BloodyNights @YankeeSan @ProfoundEnding @POUNDYOUSILLY @xDoroko @Chi @Jack11803 @Frawst @The_Fallen_Utopia @DeathScavenger @SpiderTash @Hodderfodder @Legacy_Zealot @DarkWo1f997
Again i apologize for tagging anyone who made a comment about colorblind mode with the exception of Lowbei who was locked up in a 10x4 during this time period.
Bump "Our hope will never die"!
Did mine yesterday. Too bad I went for break dancing killer emotes instead.
Or did I?
Worth it also!
Thank you!
did it
Thank you
@fcc2014 Done, it's good to know you're thinking about me.
Thank you. Figured you would want to help.
A colourblind Mode would definitely be appreciated.. I can never see any of the auras..
See the above fill out the survey and when it asks what would you add or change use that opportunity.