Colorblind support needed please
I always post about the hardships color blindness affected killers endure. Given that the ability of the new killer won't let you actually see survivors, instead relying on following tracks or blood,
Will you please now consider adding colorblind options to the game? This killer will be unplayable for us otherwise.
I have already tried with predator and bloodhound. No tangible difference for me. And even if it DID make a difference, why should I waste 2 perk slots to overcome a difficulty that 99% of the games out there address correctly?
Previously talking about this topic, the devs said they didn't have the resources to work on it, but the BBQ event showed us that they ACTUALLY can change hook colors, even mid-game switching them, so why don't they add colorblind mode to the whole game? Imagine playing this killer against Iron Will/Calm Spirit, not seeing survivors bc the ability prevents you from doing so, not being able to follow blood trails or scratch marks bc you are color blind and not hearing them bc they equipped those 2 perks. Impossible to play for me.
Comments
I should have asked "Does The Entity possess the ability of fully perceiving wavelengths from 390 to 700 nanometers?"
Wait... What??
i clicked on the wrong post and started typing and i also had copy and pasted the words forgetting the change it from green so i changed it to pink and the posts name i stated was the one i meant to post it on
I meant what's going on with that specific thread LMAO
ummmmm go and find out hehehehe.
bump
Yep youtube q&a and possibly every survey hereafter.
hiya
bump
I was looking at the auras of the game from 2016 pink and reds. How hard would it be to change the colors.
That's what I've been saying all the time. If they're worried about survivors being tracked with more ease with certain aura perks, just turn all auras the same color, but please NOT red.
bump
Ayyyyooooo fam let me just hop in here and BUMP this baby.
also this made me think a bit on the other kinds of physical impairments that might impact one's enjoyment of DbD, so I'm going to go scour the forums to see if someone's already created a thread, otherwise I'm about to pop this metaphorical generator
1)Bump
2)Be very angry with the devs for no color blind support
C'mon devs, we believe!
I wouldn't mind missing a Christmas event if thats what it would take to make this possible before 2019.
We may get a Hallowed Blight Survey. I will suggest if we have an option to say something use it to mention colorblind support. They changed the event hooks another color. It doesn't seem to be a massive process.
Will ask them to keep the orange auras, they are so much better.
I thought so too, the blue from the previous event also worked.
At least one mod, one community manager, and perhaps one dev (he was mentioned in the first page) have noticed the thread.
heyo this hasn't been bumped in quiet the while
Well, i finally bought leatherface to get barbeque and chilli for my killers, and guess what? On most maps, its unusable to me, because i can´t see the survivors. How do i know they are not too close? Because they finish a gen the whole map away the next second.
This is very disappointing.
Thank you guys for adding your voice to the petition. Hopefully the devs take note and do what is needed.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/30540/questions-for-the-q-a-youtube-session#latest
Q&A time ask for it!
Will do
Edit: Discussion is already closed
Yes please!! The blue from the Lunar Hooks is perfect, I absolutely cannot see my hooks, hexes, or BBQ-pinged survivors on ANY map except for Lery's and The Game. I'm all for this change and it's honestly annoying that it's been suggested so, so many times and yet the only response that gets given is "I'll pass it to the dev team" and then its radio silence on the topic until the next time someone complains about it. It's happened twice already to my knowledge. There's was a recent reddit thread on the DbD sub that hit the top of it's front page about this exact topic as well. It's not an uncommonly requested feature and it honestly baffles me that colorblind features are standard in videogames today. 1 in 12 people are colorblind, that's usually a significant portion of any games playerbase.
bump
They have mentioned it on dev streams many times, but we have yet to see any results. They were worried that it would make survivors easier to see in general (and then non-color blind people would abuse it), but if it's just auras needing changed, there really isn't any reason not to change it.
to be honest i knew this would be a problem but i mean you see in games like overwatch anyone can access the colorblind controls but in this game i understand the big differences but the main problem is with auras for most colorblind people.
Since I'm playing on a PS4 I can't access the PTB, but I've watched a couple of videos where gen and hook auras seemed brighter and easier to spot.
For those PC players out there, are the auras actually brighter? or is it just that I'm a victim of wishful thoughts?
I saw something in the patch notes about PC Only Adjusted lighting across all themes and maps, quality settings (PC Only), as well as Killer specific lighting conditions (The Nightmare's dream world, etc). I hope we eventually get this as it seemed easier to spot and distinguish things.
Well I guess then it's a matter of waiting until the new chapter is released, and hopefully the optimization patch in december drops in time regardless.
@Condorloco_26 Do you think that with the last few patches fps has gotten better or worse with the last 2 patches. Maybe it is just me but it feels worse. Just curious for another opinion.
@fcc2014 Playing as a killer, Red Forest, Springwood, Haddonfield and now Coldwind too, suffer from a subnormal choppy framerate all game long, and experience massive drops before landing (missing) hits. If not actually worse, It feels just like it has been since the Clown/Kate updates.
But hey, post-game screen is smooth as ever!
@Condorloco_26 i thought it was just me.
These are actually good news for PC players. Hopefully these changes make it to the final version of the patch. And let's wait to see what happens for us console players.