Can we please do something about hatch 'tech?'

DbD21.png

Not only did I have to deal with the god loop in Rancid Abattor AND a SWF, but then I had the dcing for the hatch. Black pipped, though I would have pipped with one more hook. Didn't the devs say something about husks or something when somebody dc's? I know the dc timers were put in place for this, but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224785#Comment_1224785

    You're entitled to a survivor always escaping, hatch or no. It isn't an enjoyable experience for either side having to slug for the 4k. Maybe we should just remove the hatch. No more cheap, undeserved escapes for survivors. No more of these posts for you to see. Everybody's happy.

    No survivor is ENTITLED to an escape. No killer is ENTITLED to a kill. Hooking the second to last survivor does not guarantee the last survivor the hatch. Removing the hatch would just remove a mechanism for some what balancing end-game, since it is dominantly in the Killer's favor. So no, removing the hatch is not an option, nor would it alleviate seeing posts about it. Probably quite the opposite.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226221#Comment_1226221

    Are we really at the level of tribal delusion that we're gonna argue, "But killing survivors isn't really what killers are supposed to do, guys!"

    I'm just looking for where it says that this is the killer's whole job. Once I find it, I'll be plenty disillusioned.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226294#Comment_1226294

    I'm just looking for where it says that this is the killer's whole job. Once I find it, I'll be plenty disillusioned.

    Ok, well then it's not the survivors job to escape either, so please hang around and do other things so I can hit you.

    What? None of this makes any sense? No, it does not. Stop being obtuse just because you want to argue for one side.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224903#Comment_1224903

    The levels of entitlement and bias, my god! "If they team does bad, I should escape!" Every other team game in the world goes like this: the team sucks, they all lose. Instead, the survivors of this game think that "my team sucks, but I should bring home the trophy anyway." If no gens have been done, why is a survivor getting hatch fair? It's literally an undeserved escape. But you'll defend that to the death as well!

    I will defend that, absolutely. Why should a solo survivor having a bad team and/or a toxic killer mean they automatically have to die? The hatch is there, in part, to provide a means to escape in a situation where you're 1v1 with the killer, as the killer has the complete upper-hand at this point.

    The notion that the hatch is a free escape is stupid. You still have to find it first, which in itself is dangerous and stacked against you, since the killer is faster, has already been traversing then whole map with a higher likelihood of seeing it spawn, and if the killer is close to it when you find it, they can block you from being able to enter, even though you cannot block them from being able to close it. If the killer has killed all 3 survivors with absolutely no gens done, something has gone horribly wrong and it doesn't mean its that survivors fault by any means.

    I have definitely been in a match where, for example, an insta-down killer decided to face camp the first hooked survivor and two idiot teammates run in to save and get themselves hooked as well. There I am, sitting on a gen, watching them with Kindered hang on a hook to death. A few seconds before the last guy drifts off in the Entity's grip the killer can be seen finally leaving to go shut the hatch - something that hasn't spawned yet so I had no opportunity to locate it before hand. So there we are...a killer who can run around the map faster than I can and without worry vs. me. It really comes down to RNG at that point. More often than not the survivor doesn't find it and ends up dead anyway. The entire mechanics of end-game are totally stacked against the last survivor, so if by some miracle the survivor does get the hatch - they earned it. There is nothing entitled about it.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226262#Comment_1226262

    I will defend that, absolutely. Why should a solo survivor having a bad team and/or a toxic killer mean they automatically have to die? The hatch is there, in part, to provide a means to escape in a situation where you're 1v1 with the killer, as the killer has the complete upper-hand at this point.

    The notion that the hatch is a free escape is stupid. You still have to find it first, which in itself is dangerous and stacked against you, since the killer is faster, has already been traversing then whole map with a higher likelihood of seeing it spawn, and if the killer is close to it when you find it, they can block you from being able to enter, even though you cannot block them from being able to close it. If the killer has killed all 3 survivors with absolutely no gens done, something has gone horribly wrong and it doesn't mean its that survivors fault by any means.

    I have definitely been in a match where, for example, an insta-down killer decided to face camp the first hooked survivor and two idiot teammates run in to save and get themselves hooked as well. There I am, sitting on a gen, watching them with Kindered hang on a hook to death. A few seconds before the last guy drifts off in the Entity's grip the killer can be seen finally leaving to go shut the hatch - something that hasn't spawned yet so I had no opportunity to locate it before hand. So there we are...a killer who can run around the map faster than I can and without worry vs. me. It really comes down to RNG at that point. More often than not the survivor doesn't find it and ends up dead anyway. The entire mechanics of end-game are totally stacked against the last survivor, so if by some miracle the survivor does get the hatch - they earned it. There is nothing entitled about it.

    It shouldn't be an "automatic" anything, which is think is the point here.

    People arguing for survivors seem to think that they're absolutely entitled to escape if they had a "bad team" or "mean killer" or something.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226310#Comment_1226310

    Ok, well then it's not the survivors job to escape either, so please hang around and do other things so I can hit you.

    What? None of this makes any sense? No, it does not. Stop being obtuse just because you want to argue for one side.

    Escaping isn't the survivors' job, and I personally make sure to perform my duties such as generators, healing, and saves. How is it obtuse to explore the many facets of this game?

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226110#Comment_1226110

    Gen Rush isn't a thing, that is survivors doing one of their objectives. Checking and kicking gens is the killers objective.

    Not the point I was making

  • It's literally the killers job to kill, hints the name "killer" placing people on hooks gives the most bloodpoints, this is literally on the load out screen. To say a killers job isn't to just kill is kinda a oxymoron statement because anything a killer does is with the derect intention of gaining a kill, be it chase gen smash or breaking obstacles.

    Y'all realize at least 60% of the killer base stopped playing because of toxic players and unbalanced nurfs to the game which makes playing as killer all but enjoyable. 10min+ wait times for survivor games vs immediate killer games.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226243#Comment_1226243

    If it leads to a survivor dying why does farming exist??? These actions don't even damage a survivor and opening the gates allows the survivors to escape easier.

    Farming is uncommon and generally not considered a "proper" game

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226294#Comment_1226294

    I'm just looking for where it says that this is the killer's whole job. Once I find it, I'll be plenty disillusioned.

    Gee whillickers, if only I knew what the term "Killer" meant. Do they do research on curing cancer, or perhaps deliver mail?

  • @Maelstrom10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224785#Comment_1224785

    I mean slugging for the 4k is an intended thing within the game. you can do it and well within your rights to do so. DCing for the hatch is using the disconnect button to give your partner a free win which is not intended seeing as if you actually stayed in the game either downed or dying that player would have never gotten the escape. this screams entitled survivor main, and seeing as how i play both sides regularly and am red ranks, i totally get this mans gripes with doing so. It's just plain unfair to abuse the game as such, expecially when you can get away with doing so for free if you don't care about disconnect penalties/rank, and only care about depriving the killer of a kill that they earned throughout out playing you.

    Expecially when the game gives you tools to combat slugging... and you know, you can always just play better and not have to resort to such tactics or perks anyways

    I dont think I would go so far as to say it was INTENDED the way its currently used, but it happens and there is nothing to stop someone from doing it. That is true.

    Again, as I already mentioned above, I am not promoting disconnecting (although I think if you're paired with someone who is dead set on ruining the match for people, you have every right to leave), but I completely understand why people do it - especially in SWF. And as my statement suggested, it's merely a recommendation that if you dislike the DC for hatch dynamic that much, sweat a little less in an end-game situation that's already heavily weighted in your favor, and people are a lot less likely to do it. DC isn't going anywhere, so attempting to stop people from doing it is outside of your control. The only thing you can control, as the killer, is how YOU handle your side of the game to get the results you want.

    Also, Killers slugging to 4k is not the killer out playing you. Everything about this scenario the killer has total advantage. You cannot out play someone when you already have the upper hand. The only person in that scenario that could be out played is the killer. You can cry "entitled survivor main" all you want, but there is nothing entitled about wanting a fair shake at end game. Killers have already taken entitled one step further into straight on privilege, as everything that happens organically in end-game is now killer-sided: hatch, EGC, etc.

    Your response is honestly boring. This is basically the opinion that any killer who downs 3 people deserves a 4k, which is a fallacy, and giving the only advice killers know how to give: "git gud". Which is very easy to say coming from someone who has all the privilege.

    Also, behavior in this game has gotten so wretched for solo survivors that your entire build is based solely on countering killer's obnoxious and unjust play styles. Seriously. Who wants to run BT, DS, Unbreakable, Kindred every ######### match because all killers do anymore is camp, tunnel, and slug? It's boring as all get out. So do spare me the recommendation of what survivor perks to run to counter the cheap killer tactic of the day. I already know it all too well.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1225534#Comment_1225534

    I didn't justify it, I offered a suggestion.

    To sit here and say that people should just take their game being ruined by someone who selfishly cares only about their own personal enjoyment of it is ridiculous. I don't play games with people I don't enjoy playing with. This is people's finite free time we're talking about - for a game they spent money to enjoy. So I'm not promoting DCing to let someone get the hatch, but I am suggesting that if you want to lessen the likelihood that it happens to you - don't play like such a sweat. If the last person gets the hatch because you hooked the last survivor, so what? You still got a 3k, which is higher than what BHVR considered balance. This idea that anything less than a 4k is a loss drives people to play this game in a way that just ruins it for everyone else. As a solo survivor especially, I am super tired of it.

    Thats equally obtuse. To say, "Well if the killer is trying too hard"

    like #########?

    You realize how ridiculous that sounds?!?! Let me throw in something similar for comparison....

    "If you get a sweaty SWF group the killer wouldn't have DC'd if you guys weren't so sweaty" <---- Passing the buck and rage quitting or DCing in either scenario or justifying it is goofy as hell...

    Killers get sweaty try hard survivors all the time, survivors get sweaty try hard killers all the time <---- Instead of making excuses for either side to DC when confronted with difficulty why not raise the bar to the level of play you're confronted with?!?

    This lazy mentality people have around here is the real toxicity. Be better....

    This ######### forum man yall.... I'm....

    h9edxq4opdez.png


  • Anyone play for fun?? I'm tired of see killer who want just kills if they have to facecamp they will do it and don't give a chance to that person to play. And I see survivors just repearing like bots to scape. DC to give the friend the hatch sucks yes, but the rank don't give you anything, the blood points u can gain more at next match... The game still need a rework, cause 90% of match are campers, tunneler or Gen rushers

  • i agree that "hatch tech" shouldn't be a thing, but can you honestly consider escaping via a teammate dc a win?

  • Just keep playing. 1 game or more not turning out the way you want it doesn't matter in the long run. And popping means less now than it ever has. Just get those points. You got 25k points. Be more happy with what you have than with what you don't. It really is the best way to enjoy this game.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1225862#Comment_1225862

    What is this post?

    "Why can't killers be genuine people and not kill us, it's not right!"

    It's so telling that almost every example of "killers being toxic" on this forum involves, "They played a killer I don't like." or "They killed me when I thought I was getting away." or "They used an add-on I don't like."

    The thing is, I see killers giving the last survivor hatch all the time. I sure as hell never see survivors give a killer anything. Really don't know what you guys expect.

    @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1225862#Comment_1225862

    What is this post?

    "Why can't killers be genuine people and not kill us, it's not right!"

    It's so telling that almost every example of "killers being toxic" on this forum involves, "They played a killer I don't like." or "They killed me when I thought I was getting away." or "They used an add-on I don't like."

    The thing is, I see killers giving the last survivor hatch all the time. I sure as hell never see survivors give a killer anything. Really don't know what you guys expect.

    Ok you see them but they can be really butts and close the hatch right in front of you then hook you and then pull you away and make you crawl for freedom then Nope denied I dunno what rank you are but I've been purple and they dont care all they care about is 4k and gg ex or get gud when they know they have the upper hand

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226187#Comment_1226187

    Thats equally obtuse. To say, "Well if the killer is trying too hard"

    like #########?

    You realize how ridiculous that sounds?!?! Let me throw in something similar for comparison....

    "If you get a sweaty SWF group the killer wouldn't have DC'd if you guys weren't so sweaty" <---- Passing the buck and rage quitting or DCing in either scenario or justifying it is goofy as hell...

    Killers get sweaty try hard survivors all the time, survivors get sweaty try hard killers all the time <---- Instead of making excuses for either side to DC when confronted with difficulty why not raise the bar to the level of play you're confronted with?!?

    This lazy mentality people have around here is the real toxicity. Be better....

    This ######### forum man yall.... I'm....

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/178/D30AVTSUO08J.png

    I like your quote, but that's not what I said. And no, nothing about what I said is ridiculous. You're welcome to be of the "git gud" opinion, but its short sighted and fails to acknowledge the inequality of this game in end-game scenarios, especially for solo survivors. But you do you, booboo.

  • @Ratchetcooper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1225871#Comment_1225871

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1225871#Comment_1225871

    Ok you see them but they can be really butts and close the hatch right in front of you then hook you and then pull you away and make you crawl for freedom then Nope denied I dunno what rank you are but I've been purple and they dont care all they care about is 4k and gg ex or get gud when they know they have the upper hand

    Yes, harassing a survivor at the end of the game is unacceptable, I agree. If a there's one survivor downed and the killer carries them to the hatch, closes the hatch, and then stands there while you bleed out, that's rude as hell.

    Just "trying hard" or using certain addons or playing a certain killer is perfectly fine, though.

    Lord knows that flashlights piss me off occasionally, but I don't call them "toxic". They just happen to be annoying to me personally.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226316#Comment_1226316

    Escaping isn't the survivors' job, and I personally make sure to perform my duties such as generators, healing, and saves. How is it obtuse to explore the many facets of this game?

    "Hey guys, the goal in Football isn't to score points! It's to pass the ball and run the ball and kick the ball and block your opponent!"

    Gosh, you're just so clever.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226316#Comment_1226316

    Escaping isn't the survivors' job, and I personally make sure to perform my duties such as generators, healing, and saves. How is it obtuse to explore the many facets of this game?

    • Generators -> Exit Gates -> Escaping
    • Hook Saves -> Teammates doing Gens -> Exit Gates -> Escaping
    • Heals -> Longer chases -> Teammates on Gens -> Exit Gates -> Escaping
    • Totems -> Removes Killer Perks -> Easier Survival -> Generators -> Exit Gates -> Escape

    Almost EVERYTHING a survivor can do aids toward their survival, so it's pretty obtuse to say that their goal isn't Surviving.

    Now, lets do the exact same thing for killers.

    • Start Chases -> Get Hooks -> Get Kills
    • Kick Gens -> Stall Surv Objectives
    • Slugging -> Forces Another survivor to come -> Stall Surv Objectives
    • Break Walls/Pallets -> Make the map more dangerous -> Easier Chases -> Get Hooks -> Get Kills

    The majority of actions that killers can do stall survivor objectives or aid them in getting kills. So how is their goal not to get kills?

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    You got DC'd on one time and suddenly the penalty hasn't made any difference? LOL right.

    Maybe don't slug to 4k and they won't DC for hatch. 🤷

    1 time? This is quite a common “tech.” And your response is hilariously stupid. The game almost requires red rank killers to 4K to get a pip. Don’t be an arse.

  • It’s at least a 5 minute time out for hatch tech now. Take solace in that.

  • Screenshot_20200421-231911.png

    According to the game, survivor's objective is to escape. The killer's is to sacrifice. All the emblem stuff is what you did to get there. There are no other objectives for killers. No rules on how to go about it. To say a killer is sweating while trying to accomplish their solitary task is just dumb.

    At the same time complaining that survivors are doing their objective too efficiently is also dumb.

    Disconnecting is against the rules. Thats why it is punished. So regardless of whether you feel the killer is a sweaty try hard who shouldn't be going for 4k isn't the issue.

    Slugging isnt against the rules. DC'ing is.

  • You're all equally entitled.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    Holy #########.

    Holy ######### #########.

    This many people are seriously DEFENDING disconnecting?! That's ######### pathetic, especially because slugging is a viable strategy accepted by the devs. The first page is a mess.

    Don't act like you've never done it.

    No one is holy here.

  • So i don't see a problem with slugging and yes I'm a killer main. But if I'm not "entitled" to a 4k games why are survivors "entitled" to survive? Point neither sides are entitled to ish. Does it suck when a survivor DC's giving the hatch absolutely, but no difference with sacrifice/ no struggle on hook. Getting slugged sucks but both sides "abused" certain aspects of the game. If Devs had a problem with it they change it like they did with survivors vaulting the same window. Also there are perks for getting slugging if you're really worried about it. Though i will say everyone should get a multiplier for dcs it really hurts both side in my opinion

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    You got DC'd on one time and suddenly the penalty hasn't made any difference? LOL right.

    Maybe don't slug to 4k and they won't DC for hatch. 🤷

    Maybe don't play toxic, forcing them to slug. Or, you know, relying on the survivor sided hatch mechanic.

    This isn't a one time issue. This happens quite often. The penalty does nothing if people really want to dc. Never has, never will.

  • First off, don't call it a tech. This makes it seem legitimate, like the Tractor tech. It isn't.

    Second, I completely agree. It should do something like a husk or a bot would be great.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226319#Comment_1226319

    It shouldn't be an "automatic" anything, which is think is the point here.

    People arguing for survivors seem to think that they're absolutely entitled to escape if they had a "bad team" or "mean killer" or something.

    No one has said that, at all. In fact, the only thing I've said is that survivors deserve a fair shake, which they do.

  • @DisappointedUser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224785#Comment_1224785

    1 time? This is quite a common “tech.” And your response is hilariously stupid. The game almost requires red rank killers to 4K to get a pip. Don’t be an arse.

    Yes, this OP gave one singular example of why they suddenly think the DC penalty isn't working. So no, my response is dead on. And no, the game doesn't require red rank killers to 4k to pip, although I agree that the rank system is broken AF - along with the match making system. You try not being an arse. ;)

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224785#Comment_1224785

    Maybe don't play toxic, forcing them to slug. Or, you know, relying on the survivor sided hatch mechanic.

    This isn't a one time issue. This happens quite often. The penalty does nothing if people really want to dc. Never has, never will.

    I never play toxic. Also, no one ever forces anyone to slug - slugging is a choice made by the Killer. And the hatch is 100% killer sided. Good try tho.

  • @Deadbylag said:

    Anyone play for fun?? I'm tired of see killer who want just kills if they have to facecamp they will do it and don't give a chance to that person to play. And I see survivors just repearing like bots to scape. DC to give the friend the hatch sucks yes, but the rank don't give you anything, the blood points u can gain more at next match... The game still need a rework, cause 90% of match are campers, tunneler or Gen rushers

    Honestly I find a lot of these forums funny because i literally play for fun lol I still enjoy the thrill of out smarting either side (respectfully). To me, thats the real purpose of the game. And if you come across a camper/tunneler/locker camper etc just deal with them as your skill allows and move on. Maybe consider a different load out :)

  • It depends, sometimes you have games where the killer is terrible, but with a little tunneling, they get it to 2 survivors dead with 2 gens left to go, then after looping the killer until the other survivor finally finishes 1 gen, you go down. Then the killer walks around for another 20 minutes just slugging and looking for the survivors as they keep healing, one goes down, gets slugged, and drags the game out way too long. Doesn't sound like that was the case here, but killers dragging the game out needlessly is the same as survivors teabagging at the gate until forced out like before endgame collapse.

  • Oh. My ######### God. These comments justifying DC'ing are hilarious. "Do you know how hard it is to solo queue?" Not that hard, you're just bad.

    "You're petty for slugging." DC'ing for hatch is petty; DC'ing period is petty (I've done it twice, but way before the penalty system started. I'm petty).

    "How dare you kill the survivors as killer." Implied in the title.

    "It's one escape, stop being so privileged." He played the game how he was supposed to (i.e. kill the opposing team), they essentially cheated him out of deserved earnings--the survivors were privileged for not getting 1HM (1 hook & Mori)

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    It’s one escape. I mean.... talk about survivors being privileged this sounds pretty privileged thinking you deserve all 4K. I just Got into an argument with my friend over this and we want to enjoy the game together but we have opposing views on this game. I don’t think anyone has a right to anything in this game. You gotta think about it from a solo perspective too. I can’t be responsible for my other 3 teammates so I don’t know why there wouldn’t be an alternate escape if I did really well but my teammates got their butts kicked leaving the last guy to do 2/3/4/5 gens. That’s not fun nor is it possible. Ppl don’t like the idea of slugging the 3rd guy so 4th guy doesn’t escape well... Maybe rework the key so it spawns in a random chest every game but can only be used if your last alive or once all gens are done? And keep the hatch closed the whole game? They need to get rid of Mori’s. I don’t understand why survivors aren’t allowed to enjoy the game too. By enjoy the game I mean do more than hold down one button the entire game to escape. And here killers get to stay in the entire game racking up 20-30K bloodpoints every game going on chases, sweating balls, I don’t think the games slow enough tbh. And you can blame that on Mori’s and gen speed. Keys not really. Survivors still have to do all the work. Also killers walk around the map a lot so they can find hatch easily. Possibly before the last survivor does and just hook the 3rd guy near it. I’m pretty sure killers can stomp on the hatch before survivors get the prompt to exit through it (happens every time I’m standing on hatch with the killer he gets to stomp on it but I never get to hop in)

    Wow...you take shots at this person for sounding privileged while complaining about Mori's? Mori's are the only sure way to punish swf and sweaty gen rushers. Plus you're playing a game where a killer doesn't actually do any of the really killing without a special item or add-on, which are consumed upon use, but all Survivors get to keep they're items, ALL toolboxes are essentially just Brand New parts that get refilled every match, and NOTHING has been done about the Repair speed perk to item synergy, even though Killer perk synergy has been screw six ways to Sunday? Get real.

  • I dont like slugging for 4K. Its boring for the slugged one. Though I dont care if its a toxic SWF, they dont care for others, so why should I not slug for 4K.

    I dont mind if the last Sur escape through hatch when I already have 3K if they have at least 2Gen done. Though if they didnt finish a sinlge Gen, the last Sur should not able to escape by any mean. There should be a reward for 3K at 0Gen done, and that reward is the last Sur.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    They did.

    It's called a DC Penalty

    Stop acting like you're entitled to 4ks each game

    You're missing the point - only one of the two abusing to the DC is being punished. More often then not, it's a swf team, and one find the hatch, so the other just DCs or Sacs and let the last go free with no ability to stop them, and no punishment for abusing it. It would be better if they would lock out outsides comes and had in-game coms that the Killer could hear within proximity, like FT13 has. It would make it WAY more fair for killers, and put stress back into the game for all these Survivors that claim it's too boring. That, and a punishment for not completing all Totems as a second objective that prevents escaping.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226327#Comment_1226327

    No one has said that, at all. In fact, the only thing I've said is that survivors deserve a fair shake, which they do.

    Survivors already have a fair shake. Theres 4 of you. If you get to end game and you are the last one, why should you automiatically be just as strong as a killer? I would agree with you if this was strictly a 1v1 game. It isn't. You have a chance to survive. A small glimmer of hope after failing to fulfill the requirements needed to complete your objective.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1225081#Comment_1225081

    Umm, this "Killing all 4 survivors is the only objective" is a fallacy and a real problem in this game. Killing survivors is only 1 objective of 4 and escaping the match is only 1 of 4 ojectives for survivors. So killers do play poorly with stuff like slugging and tunneling, both lazy and unnecessary. And then my favorite toxic excuse rolls out "it's a strategy". Apparently, ruining other players match and wasting their time is a strategy. Killers, offerings, perks and items are not toxic. Only play style is because that is not part of the game it is a choice.

    I believe you are taking this idea of "objective" in the game and trying to be too in depth. Like, "the killer walking around the map is an objective!" or something. Take a few steps back, the killer is literally supposed to kill all four survivors while all four survivors try to escape. We don't need to say "you need to hit them! survivors need to run!" I mean come on -.- The killer doesn't win because they kicked a gen. The survivors don't win because they pulled someone off a hook. If you wanna say blood points are an objective, well no it's the progression system. But why do we get vast amounts of blood points? To get stronger builds to either sacrifice the survivors or to help survivors escape.

    Slugging is not "poor play" nor is it toxic these days. Many games you will find yourself needing to do so if you're really going for the 4k to begin with. Take the third guy and spirit them away, now the fourth gets hatch... That's just one simple scenario I'll gladly offer more as will others 😉 Tunneling is also a pretty ineffective strategy in the long run. If survivors are coordinated to begin with then protecting the tunneled person isn't impossible.

    Gen rushing very much exists, no one is here to call it toxic or anything. The gens just get done too damn fast! Did you know that speaking in the most optimal scenario, the gens can be finished in just under 5 minutes... Yeah, and survivors were upset when high rank killers would run Ruin every game which got nerfed...

    Well to touch on your last point, play style is the point of toxicity in any game... I don't get this point being made here. Just sticking to DbD for simple examples sake: If a survivor throws down a pallet which offers me the killer head trauma and then starts bagging, why? That's just toxic play and any survivor bagging my Ghostface should expect to be slugged and bagged for twice the amount of bagging done to me, I'm counting 😤

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    You got DC'd on one time and suddenly the penalty hasn't made any difference? LOL right.

    Maybe don't slug to 4k and they won't DC for hatch. 🤷

    doesn’t matter if they slugged or not, a survivor dcing is a worse player then a killer playing the game.

  • Honestly, if the player wants to DC and get the penalty on top of losing his bp and pips just so their friend can get hatch, who cares? They're losing more to the game then you are. Plus if you would have just hooked that survivor before going for the 4th one, then you would have gotten your hook points.

    I'm not condoning the person who DCed, because I honestly think the killer is there for the same reason the survivors are, but I know that when I'm playing survivor I would rather get killed on the hook than waste time getting slugged.

    I am curious what happened to the husk mechanic though. That idea was mentioned by the devs and we haven't heard anything since.

  • @SpicyTopRamen said:

    Honestly, if the player wants to DC and get the penalty on top of losing his bp and pips just so their friend can get hatch, who cares? They're losing more to the game then you are. Plus if you would have just hooked that survivor before going for the 4th one, then you would have gotten your hook points.

    I'm not condoning the person who DCed, because I honestly think the killer is there for the same reason the survivors are, but I know that when I'm playing survivor I would rather get killed on the hook than waste time getting slugged.

    I am curious what happened to the husk mechanic though. That idea was mentioned by the devs and we haven't heard anything since.

    Its more about the whole point if DCing i think.

    Slugging = toxic = DC

    Freddy = DC

    Spirit = DC

    Moris = DC

    Camping = DC

    Iri head = DC

    Tunnel = DC

    In all those situations the only thing that can be said to be against the rules is DC. It's cheating. Plain and simple. I personally Dont slug for 4k. If i find last guy as someone is on hook so be it. I don't care that much. Some people do. They arent wrong for it. DCing is against the rules. Those players are wrong

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226252#Comment_1226252

    Farming is uncommon and generally not considered a "proper" game

    My point was that the killer is rewarded for farming, also known as not killing the survivors.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227353#Comment_1227353

    Its more about the whole point if DCing i think.

    Slugging = toxic = DC

    Freddy = DC

    Spirit = DC

    Moris = DC

    Camping = DC

    Iri head = DC

    Tunnel = DC

    In all those situations the only thing that can be said to be against the rules is DC. It's cheating. Plain and simple. I personally Dont slug for 4k. If i find last guy as someone is on hook so be it. I don't care that much. Some people do. They arent wrong for it. DCing is against the rules. Those players are wrong

    I completely agree! I see people at red ranks DC like crazy. Best you can really do at the moment is take it for what it is and report anyone who does it intentionally.

  • @Awkward_Fiend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226331#Comment_1226331

    • Generators -> Exit Gates -> Escaping
    • Hook Saves -> Teammates doing Gens -> Exit Gates -> Escaping
    • Heals -> Longer chases -> Teammates on Gens -> Exit Gates -> Escaping
    • Totems -> Removes Killer Perks -> Easier Survival -> Generators -> Exit Gates -> Escape

    Almost EVERYTHING a survivor can do aids toward their survival, so it's pretty obtuse to say that their goal isn't Surviving.

    Now, lets do the exact same thing for killers.

    • Start Chases -> Get Hooks -> Get Kills
    • Kick Gens -> Stall Surv Objectives
    • Slugging -> Forces Another survivor to come -> Stall Surv Objectives
    • Break Walls/Pallets -> Make the map more dangerous -> Easier Chases -> Get Hooks -> Get Kills

    The majority of actions that killers can do stall survivor objectives or aid them in getting kills. So how is their goal not to get kills?

    Hmm I think you're on to something here...

  • @SpicyTopRamen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227364#Comment_1227364

    I completely agree! I see people at red ranks DC like crazy. Best you can really do at the moment is take it for what it is and report anyone who does it intentionally.

    Another thing being slugged is 4 minutes of boredom max. DCing is 5 minutes minimum. Just wait it out. It takes less time

  • @csandman1977 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/317/TNA6EAV1E1H7.png

    According to the game, survivor's objective is to escape. The killer's is to sacrifice. All the emblem stuff is what you did to get there. There are no other objectives for killers. No rules on how to go about it. To say a killer is sweating while trying to accomplish their solitary task is just dumb.

    At the same time complaining that survivors are doing their objective too efficiently is also dumb.

    Disconnecting is against the rules. Thats why it is punished. So regardless of whether you feel the killer is a sweaty try hard who shouldn't be going for 4k isn't the issue.

    Slugging isnt against the rules. DC'ing is.

    Oh so that's what it says in game. Funny, it doesn't say kill the survivors but instead says to chase and hook them.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226572#Comment_1226572

    Oh so that's what it says in game. Funny, it doesn't say kill the survivors but instead says to chase and hook them.

    Yes. Thats why killers lose points for moris and if im not mistaken get no points for letting someone bleed out.

    Slugging means you chased. Nothing wrong with it if you plan on hooking that person before they bleed out. Now leaving all 4 on ground to bleed out i would say is toxic. Or refusing to hook someone while also not allowing anyone to pick them up while not chasing anyone else is also toxic. Not cheating. Just scummy.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227382#Comment_1227382

    Yes. Thats why killers lose points for moris and if im not mistaken get no points for letting someone bleed out.

    Slugging means you chased. Nothing wrong with it if you plan on hooking that person before they bleed out. Now leaving all 4 on ground to bleed out i would say is toxic. Or refusing to hook someone while also not allowing anyone to pick them up while not chasing anyone else is also toxic. Not cheating. Just scummy.

    Agreed, there may be a bleedout timer but in my opinion it is still toxic to not even attempt to hook survivors and instead letting them bleed out.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224894#Comment_1224894

    I personally would prefer old hatch back. The test of wills was fun IMO.

    Funny you should mention the old hatch. It's been a while but if I remember correctly the go to survivor defense for the old hatch stand offs was "Just slug the 3rd if you want to 4k." It amuses me how opinions on things change as the game changes.

1 2 3 4