Can we please do something about hatch 'tech?'

DbD21.png

Not only did I have to deal with the god loop in Rancid Abattor AND a SWF, but then I had the dcing for the hatch. Black pipped, though I would have pipped with one more hook. Didn't the devs say something about husks or something when somebody dc's? I know the dc timers were put in place for this, but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224875#Comment_1224875

    Slugging to 4k is lazy and cheap. The last survivor didn't lose. They just get ######### over. The entire end game of a match is already stacked against a solo survivor. If you are so petty you have to slug because, despite your increased movement speed and ability to freely traverse the map, you are that terrified of losing one survivor through the hatch, you should probably reevaluate your life and the things that bring you joy in the world. 😂

    Dcing for hatch is low level play for those who have low standards in life. You show you can't handle basic out comes of a game yet you love to tell others how to go about there play for you. Look at yourself before tell someone else what they need to do.

  • @matchmakingworksfine said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224785#Comment_1224785

    Dont slug for the 4k or else survivors are going to do something bannable. Dont "slug" a meta literally made for the game(if you dont believe me look at knockout) or people are gonna do something they're not supposed to. If were gonna go by that logic. Dont be 4 toolboxes or I'll bring an ebony🤷‍♀️. Dont go in a locker with decisive active or I'll mori you off first hook. Dont use loops and I won't use iridescent and infantry. Toxicity goes both ways. And if you dont think the killer should be able to play the game he wants so you can have an easier time then go play something else please. Is every post you make this toxic and entitled?

    Yes they are. Most think I have no clue what I'm talking about but I know if survivors aren't have fun they cry here look for someone to care.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    You got DC'd on one time and suddenly the penalty hasn't made any difference? LOL right.

    Maybe don't slug to 4k and they won't DC for hatch. 🤷

    DCing isn't a normal part of gameplay... why are you justifying this? Like I can understand some survivor whining about mori balance or people saying Do bones as a counter to noED, or killer mains complaining about gen speed and people saying carrying dying light or thano or sloppy butcher etc etc.

    But all those solutions involve PLAYING THE GAME!

    To sit up and say, you don't like something so the only way to counter it is to do something that isn't in the spirit of the game is childish to say the least.

  • @kingoftheirish1992 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1225038#Comment_1225038

    Yes they are. Most think I have no clue what I'm talking about but I know if survivors aren't have fun they cry here look for someone to care.

    I've this guys posts before. 90% are your average entitled survivor opinions who think the killer should make it as easy as possible to play survivor.

  • @matchmakingworksfine said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1225530#Comment_1225530

    I've this guys posts before. 90% are your average entitled survivor opinions who think the killer should make it as easy as possible to play survivor.

    I've gone back and forth with them before they use a moral argument but they don't matter if it suits them.

  • I love how the most entitled survivors are screaming about slugging for a 4K which is a legitimate strategy and an intended game mechanic, meanwhile defending someone who is DCing which is an actual punishable offense and on top of that is just pathetic.

    Listen to me. It’s not about Killer of Survivor in this case. You don’t have to stick to your side. Disconnecting is NOT tech, it’s not a skilled move, and really your just make yourself look like an absolute joke of a player if you do it or defend people disconnecting in any capacity. It’s not making an epic play, it’s being salty and wanting to deny someone a victory they’ve earned. Learn to use Unbreakable if you’re really scared of slugging or just grow up.

  • Who cares if one survivor escapes though

  • @jibbigibbles said:

    Who cares if one survivor escapes though

    Its not about 1 survivor escaping. Its about people intentionally leaving the game (which is a bannable offense) to rob the killer of 2 kills. 2 kills all of which equal blood points and/or pips.

    Total difference between 3k and 2k because someone cheated. Or even a 2k and a 2k because someone cheated

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224894#Comment_1224894

    I personally would prefer old hatch back. The test of wills was fun IMO.

    It seemed more fair the old hatch. If the killer was camping the hatch, work a gen and startle him a bit :) I loved seeing them panic when I complete a gen and they contemplate locating me lol

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Some of these comments justifying DCing are great, the "playing plague is toxic" is my personal favourite so far but I'm optimistic about the possibility of reading something even more idiotic.

    I don't like slugging for 4k but you generally have to get all 4 as plague if you want anything more than a black pip, so there's that.

    Yeah the amount of entitled survivors here is ridiculous

  • Are people really so tribal that they're seriously going to defend disconnecting/rage quitting because, "It screwed over a killer, so haha!"

  • @Bovinity said:

    Are people really so tribal that they're seriously going to defend disconnecting/rage quitting because, "It screwed over a killer, so haha!"

    Welcome to the forums!

  • @Rivyn said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/483/1C2W7WUWXLQ5.png

    Not only did I have to deal with the god loop in Rancid Abattor AND a SWF, but then I had the dcing for the hatch. Black pipped, though I would have pipped with one more hook. Didn't the devs say something about husks or something when somebody dc's? I know the dc timers were put in place for this, but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

    Ya know it's bad enough we survivors get degraded so harsh that we have no choice to tell our teammates to dc especially against doctor billy and any other rugged killer we cant seem to avoid because people love spamming m2's or at least be a genuine person if we kobe off hook let the person escape noooooo its 4k city then gg ez spammers galore and baby sit us in front of hook so no one escapes or you can hit us as you laugh at your tv dbd is so killer sided our gen speeds are gonna get nerfed and gen rushing will be stripped away why do people run ds and inner strength

  • @Ratchetcooper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/145580/can-we-please-do-something-about-hatch-tech

    Ya know it's bad enough we survivors get degraded so harsh that we have no choice to tell our teammates to dc especially against doctor billy and any other rugged killer we cant seem to avoid because people love spamming m2's or at least be a genuine person if we kobe off hook let the person escape noooooo its 4k city then gg ez spammers galore and baby sit us in front of hook so no one escapes or you can hit us as you laugh at your tv dbd is so killer sided our gen speeds are gonna get nerfed and gen rushing will be stripped away why do people run ds and inner strength

    What is this post?

    "Why can't killers be genuine people and not kill us, it's not right!"

    It's so telling that almost every example of "killers being toxic" on this forum involves, "They played a killer I don't like." or "They killed me when I thought I was getting away." or "They used an add-on I don't like."

    The thing is, I see killers giving the last survivor hatch all the time. I sure as hell never see survivors give a killer anything. Really don't know what you guys expect.

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    I don't think this is a big deal.

    Laugh at how sweaty they got for the 1 Escape and move on. You can get your pip/4k another game if you really want it and this one instance of doesn't make DC penalties pointless.

    That said, I also don't see any harm with adding a short timer between a DC and Hatch opening to prevent situations like this.

    That's a very good suggestion. Usually you just get problems/complaints with no answers or suggestions. You'll then get solo players saying it punishes them,but you can't win when it comes to these things.

    I usually just try to run for the hatch as soon as I hook the last person. You can try to pressure them off...or hope your input registers first and closes it,which has happened to me before. Some will hear you coming and try to hide close by. Perfect opportunity to start mashing the button on top of it lol.

    As far as the D/C,yeah,can't do much about that,but I think a few second timer wouldn't hurt. Or they could go to the complete extreme and make it not open at all if players disconnect. That'd get the forums fired up,lol. No idea why you'd want to take penalties just for one guy to escape. Just feels like another opportunity to troll and be toxic.

  • I like how half the comments are entitled survivors preaching about what killers are fair and unfair to play, while they run around with overpowered perks and flashlights most of the time.

    I'm a rank 10 surf and I know the game is already biased towards the survivors, its fine to have opinions, but when you say its toxic to play a certain way while most of you probably tea bag and blind every second, yeah, hypocrites ....

  • Holy #########.

    Holy ######### #########.

    This many people are seriously DEFENDING disconnecting?! That's ######### pathetic, especially because slugging is a viable strategy accepted by the devs. The first page is a mess.

  • Isn't there a punishment in place for DC'ing? It's not like the person that does it gets away with anything. They forfeit the points they earned and get a time out.

    Why does the whole "team" need to be punished for one idiot does?

    Keep in mind, I have never been part of SWF other than one time when a killer messaged me for help with a tome challenge and most of the time, I get put into matches with selfish survivors so I rarely see myself as part of a team.

  • @RandomRaisin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224869#Comment_1224869

    Lmao. You know that cleansing is a thing, right? It isn't toxic at all if you as a survivor decide not to cleanse. And before you say "but she gets stronger if survivors cleanse", i know that but there's that risk/reward thing that makes Plague fun to play as a killer and fun to play against as a survivor.

    "You know cleansing is a thing right".. it's like breaking out of Freddie's dream state aka completely pointless. The second you touch a generator or get near a survivor that's sick, you immediately get sick again. Hence why there's no reason you should cleanse.

  • @GhostofYharnam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224869#Comment_1224869

    What are you even on dude? Plague isn't even toxic in the slightest. Billy is way worse when the player knows how to use his chainsaw. Matches can be over in 5 minutes.

    I guess you didn't bother to read.. Billy can be avoided; billy can be healed against; you can still gain altruism against a billy. Plague literally just has to puke on generators none stop and can completely remove the altruism category from the game.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224869#Comment_1224869

    I do also think that these scenarios of giving someone the hatch by dcing is not a big deal at all, especially when the killer is slugging for the 4k. But are you seriously calling a killer in this game now toxic? Like, are we seriously at this point where people are now blamed to be toxic for playing a certain killer? Like what the hell? How can a killer that you are allowed to play as in the game be toxic?

    Also, you can technically heal against Plague, you just have to use the fountains on a map, instead of healing normally. That's what her design is about. You can heal, and pretty fast, but you give Plague access to her very strong power in return.

    The difference is, cleansing only offers 100 points and it's under the Survival category, not Altruism. Again, it's the fact that she completely removes actual healing from the game.. The only way you can gain any altruism is via hook rescues and taking protection hits; meaning in a normal match you aren't going to get anything from it.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1225093#Comment_1225093

    The rules state when the last survivor is left alive the Hatch Opens

    Those are the rules. No if, and, or buts.

    EZ Fix: if the 3rd survivor DCs, hatch doesnt spawn.

  • @hanibel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224890#Comment_1224890

    Yeah the amount of entitled survivors here is ridiculous

    The same people who would be (rightfully) annoyed if a killer said something like "if you don't want me to DC maybe you shouldn't genrush"

  • @BlueSwifts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224820#Comment_1224820

    "The game isn't slow enough" try owning the last 3 gens because the survivors F'd themselves on which ones they finished and now there are 2 Neas with Urban Immersion and medkits doing F@#$ all -.- A quick 15 minute game I was dominating turned into a 40 minute hunt for 2 people.

    Survivors have plenty of fun being toxic and such, it's not just about holding one button. You can also play survivor with your friends, I cannot play killer with a friend. You say remove mori which I agree with but not keys? Killers may move around the map a lot but so do survivors. SWF will easily communicate where hatch is as well. Also, if the hatch hasn't spawned yet (by gen progression that is) then by the time it opens for the last survivor, 9/10 it practically spawns on them... Hatch escapes on the final guy are so common it stopped bothering me a long time ago o_o

    That first bit about being "privileged" is also a bit... questionable? I guess. The killer role in DbD is to kill ALL FOUR survivors, that is your only objective while survivors attempt to escape. For anyone to be upset over not getting the 4k is completely reasonable not "privileged". Especially considering a lot of the high rank BS killers deal with mainly in the SWF department, it can be very frustrating. That's fine if you're okay not getting a 4k, hell I'm alright with going even 90% of the time. But, it's undeniable that the 4k always feels so, SO much better

    Umm, this "Killing all 4 survivors is the only objective" is a fallacy and a real problem in this game. Killing survivors is only 1 objective of 4 and escaping the match is only 1 of 4 ojectives for survivors. So killers do play poorly with stuff like slugging and tunneling, both lazy and unnecessary. And then my favorite toxic excuse rolls out "it's a strategy". Apparently, ruining other players match and wasting their time is a strategy. Killers, offerings, perks and items are not toxic. Only play style is because that is not part of the game it is a choice.

  • @Ivaldi said:

    No sympathy for playing the most toxic killer in the game.. The simple fact that a killer like Plague can completely remove an entire category from the game exists is a detriment to the game. Killers complain about gen rushing, yet have no problem playing a killer that completely removes healing from the game.

    Right? If you don't like genrushing don't run a killer who is countered by that strategy. If you don't like survivors dcing, don't play boring.

  • @OutcastEric said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224785#Comment_1224785

    Why should we have to play around survivors? This is how it goes everytime and the survivors will always win. The survivors need to learn how to play around the killer for once

    Survivors play around the killer every. single. match. My entire build is built around killer's obnoxious play styles. You can slug to 4k if you want - but don't be shocked when you get the DC/hatch trade off. Get used to it.

  • @Shorty_Hutch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224906#Comment_1224906

    It seemed more fair the old hatch. If the killer was camping the hatch, work a gen and startle him a bit :) I loved seeing them panic when I complete a gen and they contemplate locating me lol

    I miss it. I had old matches where I'd be the last survivor with 3 gens to do and actually get them finished because the killer just wanted to loosely pat but stay near the hatch or hard camp it. Now, with high mobility killers and door RNG, if I am the last player standing I usually just go do totems or open chests and accept my fate. It is a much less enjoyable way to end a game.

  • @ZionSairin said:

    I love how the most entitled survivors are screaming about slugging for a 4K which is a legitimate strategy and an intended game mechanic, meanwhile defending someone who is DCing which is an actual punishable offense and on top of that is just pathetic.

    Listen to me. It’s not about Killer of Survivor in this case. You don’t have to stick to your side. Disconnecting is NOT tech, it’s not a skilled move, and really your just make yourself look like an absolute joke of a player if you do it or defend people disconnecting in any capacity. It’s not making an epic play, it’s being salty and wanting to deny someone a victory they’ve earned. Learn to use Unbreakable if you’re really scared of slugging or just grow up.

    This

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1225081#Comment_1225081

    Umm, this "Killing all 4 survivors is the only objective" is a fallacy and a real problem in this game. Killing survivors is only 1 objective of 4 and escaping the match is only 1 of 4 ojectives for survivors. So killers do play poorly with stuff like slugging and tunneling, both lazy and unnecessary. And then my favorite toxic excuse rolls out "it's a strategy". Apparently, ruining other players match and wasting their time is a strategy. Killers, offerings, perks and items are not toxic. Only play style is because that is not part of the game it is a choice.

    Killing the survivors is literally our whole job. What more do you want us to do, dance a little jig?

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226147#Comment_1226147

    Killing the survivors is literally our whole job. What more do you want us to do, dance a little jig?

    If killing survivors is your job why does the ranking system not reward you if you do that but fail to do the other things it asked you? Simple, killing survivors is not your whole job. Also, imagine treating playing a video game like a job.

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224785#Comment_1224785

    DCing isn't a normal part of gameplay... why are you justifying this? Like I can understand some survivor whining about mori balance or people saying Do bones as a counter to noED, or killer mains complaining about gen speed and people saying carrying dying light or thano or sloppy butcher etc etc.

    But all those solutions involve PLAYING THE GAME!

    To sit up and say, you don't like something so the only way to counter it is to do something that isn't in the spirit of the game is childish to say the least.

    I didn't justify it, I offered a suggestion.

    To sit here and say that people should just take their game being ruined by someone who selfishly cares only about their own personal enjoyment of it is ridiculous. I don't play games with people I don't enjoy playing with. This is people's finite free time we're talking about - for a game they spent money to enjoy. So I'm not promoting DCing to let someone get the hatch, but I am suggesting that if you want to lessen the likelihood that it happens to you - don't play like such a sweat. If the last person gets the hatch because you hooked the last survivor, so what? You still got a 3k, which is higher than what BHVR considered balance. This idea that anything less than a 4k is a loss drives people to play this game in a way that just ruins it for everyone else. As a solo survivor especially, I am super tired of it.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1225534#Comment_1225534

    I didn't justify it, I offered a suggestion.

    To sit here and say that people should just take their game being ruined by someone who selfishly cares only about their own personal enjoyment of it is ridiculous. I don't play games with people I don't enjoy playing with. This is people's finite free time we're talking about - for a game they spent money to enjoy. So I'm not promoting DCing to let someone get the hatch, but I am suggesting that if you want to lessen the likelihood that it happens to you - don't play like such a sweat. If the last person gets the hatch because you hooked the last survivor, so what? You still got a 3k, which is higher than what BHVR considered balance. This idea that anything less than a 4k is a loss drives people to play this game in a way that just ruins it for everyone else. As a solo survivor especially, I am super tired of it.

    Exactly my thoughts, I don't condone disconnecting but I know that you can reduce the amount of disconnects in your games by playing less "sweaty" and considering the experience of every player. It's actually not hard to do, and survivors will often show you reciprocal kindness when you practice this behavior. It has something to do with human psychology but I won't get into the details here.

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226147#Comment_1226147

    Killing the survivors is literally our whole job. What more do you want us to do, dance a little jig?

    I think you should go watch the tutorials again. You have missed some important information about the other 3 objectives and point gathering in general.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226175#Comment_1226175

    If killing survivors is your job why does the ranking system not reward you if you do that but fail to do the other things it asked you? Simple, killing survivors is not your whole job. Also, imagine treating playing a video game like a job.

    It's a figure of speech, like saying "surviving" is the Survivor's job. And almost everybody agrees that the ranking system sucks. I don;t even pay attention to it since it gives no reward. I go off BP first, then kills

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1225713#Comment_1225713

    The same people who would be (rightfully) annoyed if a killer said something like "if you don't want me to DC maybe you shouldn't genrush"

    Gen Rush isn't a thing, that is survivors doing one of their objectives. Checking and kicking gens is the killers objective.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226175#Comment_1226175

    I think you should go watch the tutorials again. You have missed some important information about the other 3 objectives and point gathering in general.

    All 3 of those point categories are primarily filled by either hitting the survivor, chasing the survivor, or hooking the survivor. All of those fall under the umbrella of killing survivors.

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    It’s one escape. I mean.... talk about survivors being privileged this sounds pretty privileged thinking you deserve all 4K. I just Got into an argument with my friend over this and we want to enjoy the game together but we have opposing views on this game. I don’t think anyone has a right to anything in this game. You gotta think about it from a solo perspective too. I can’t be responsible for my other 3 teammates so I don’t know why there wouldn’t be an alternate escape if I did really well but my teammates got their butts kicked leaving the last guy to do 2/3/4/5 gens. That’s not fun nor is it possible. Ppl don’t like the idea of slugging the 3rd guy so 4th guy doesn’t escape well... Maybe rework the key so it spawns in a random chest every game but can only be used if your last alive or once all gens are done? And keep the hatch closed the whole game? They need to get rid of Mori’s. I don’t understand why survivors aren’t allowed to enjoy the game too. By enjoy the game I mean do more than hold down one button the entire game to escape. And here killers get to stay in the entire game racking up 20-30K bloodpoints every game going on chases, sweating balls, I don’t think the games slow enough tbh. And you can blame that on Mori’s and gen speed. Keys not really. Survivors still have to do all the work. Also killers walk around the map a lot so they can find hatch easily. Possibly before the last survivor does and just hook the 3rd guy near it. I’m pretty sure killers can stomp on the hatch before survivors get the prompt to exit through it (happens every time I’m standing on hatch with the killer he gets to stomp on it but I never get to hop in)

    This guy gets it

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226185#Comment_1226185

    It's a figure of speech, like saying "surviving" is the Survivor's job. And almost everybody agrees that the ranking system sucks. I don;t even pay attention to it since it gives no reward. I go off BP first, then kills

    Reasonable, but what evidence do you have that killing survivors is the killer's whole job. The only other reward in game is bloodpoints, which are gained by completing actions other than ones that lead to the survivor's death such as using many killers' powers, opening exit gates, breaking pallets, and chasing survivors to name a few.

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226201#Comment_1226201

    All 3 of those point categories are primarily filled by either hitting the survivor, chasing the survivor, or hooking the survivor. All of those fall under the umbrella of killing survivors.

    My issue with the "killers gotta kill" statement is that it is typically used in response to killers NOT doing any of those things, but instead just standing at or near the hook for easy re-hooking. If a killer actually actively hunts down new survivors, goes on chases, hits them, breaks gens, etc. that would be swell...but it's typically not how the game is played anymore.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226212#Comment_1226212

    My issue with the "killers gotta kill" statement is that it is typically used in response to killers NOT doing any of those things, but instead just standing at or near the hook for easy re-hooking. If a killer actually actively hunts down new survivors, goes on chases, hits them, breaks gens, etc. that would be swell...but it's typically not how the game is played anymore.

    I don't disagree there, and Killers ARE penalized for it if the survivors don't swarm the hook. I do firmly believe that slugging for the 4K is acceptable though.

  • ######### like this is one reason why they added the DC penalty, but ######### is up with this community though.

    @LALYTHIA said:

    You got DC'd on one time and suddenly the penalty hasn't made any difference? LOL right.

    Maybe don't slug to 4k and they won't DC for hatch. 🤷

    This is legit the first time I've seen the community justify DC'ing, but sure. The killer could legit have a reason to DC and when they do the killer is a piece of ######### trash, but sure

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226209#Comment_1226209

    Reasonable, but what evidence do you have that killing survivors is the killer's whole job. The only other reward in game is bloodpoints, which are gained by completing actions other than ones that lead to the survivor's death such as using many killers' powers, opening exit gates, breaking pallets, and chasing survivors to name a few.

    Literally every action you mentioned except opening gates directly leads to a survivor dying

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226221#Comment_1226221

    Literally every action you mentioned except opening gates directly leads to a survivor dying

    If it leads to a survivor dying why does farming exist??? These actions don't even damage a survivor and opening the gates allows the survivors to escape easier.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    You got DC'd on one time and suddenly the penalty hasn't made any difference? LOL right.

    Maybe don't slug to 4k and they won't DC for hatch. 🤷

    You're entitled to a survivor always escaping, hatch or no. It isn't an enjoyable experience for either side having to slug for the 4k. Maybe we should just remove the hatch. No more cheap, undeserved escapes for survivors. No more of these posts for you to see. Everybody's happy.

  • @Ivaldi said:

    No sympathy for playing the most toxic killer in the game.. The simple fact that a killer like Plague can completely remove an entire category from the game exists is a detriment to the game. Killers complain about gen rushing, yet have no problem playing a killer that completely removes healing from the game.

    Dude, are you for real? She's like bottom tier! You're forced to play instadown killers half the time anyway, because having to hit someone twice while they're looping you loses you the game because of the time wasted. I don't know what survivors have to complain about, honestly.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224875#Comment_1224875

    Slugging to 4k is lazy and cheap. The last survivor didn't lose. They just get ######### over. The entire end game of a match is already stacked against a solo survivor. If you are so petty you have to slug because, despite your increased movement speed and ability to freely traverse the map, you are that terrified of losing one survivor through the hatch, you should probably reevaluate your life and the things that bring you joy in the world. 😂

    The levels of entitlement and bias, my god! "If they team does bad, I should escape!" Every other team game in the world goes like this: the team sucks, they all lose. Instead, the survivors of this game think that "my team sucks, but I should bring home the trophy anyway." If no gens have been done, why is a survivor getting hatch fair? It's literally an undeserved escape. But you'll defend that to the death as well!

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226229#Comment_1226229

    I don't disagree there, and Killers ARE penalized for it if the survivors don't swarm the hook. I do firmly believe that slugging for the 4K is acceptable though.

    We can agree to disagree there. 🤷

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1225661#Comment_1225661

    I miss it. I had old matches where I'd be the last survivor with 3 gens to do and actually get them finished because the killer just wanted to loosely pat but stay near the hatch or hard camp it. Now, with high mobility killers and door RNG, if I am the last player standing I usually just go do totems or open chests and accept my fate. It is a much less enjoyable way to end a game.

    True :( I like the idea of having a timer but you may just give up if you are against trapper, hag, hillbilly, doctor and more

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    You got DC'd on one time and suddenly the penalty hasn't made any difference? LOL right.

    Maybe don't slug to 4k and they won't DC for hatch. 🤷

    I mean slugging for the 4k is an intended thing within the game. you can do it and well within your rights to do so. DCing for the hatch is using the disconnect button to give your partner a free win which is not intended seeing as if you actually stayed in the game either downed or dying that player would have never gotten the escape. this screams entitled survivor main, and seeing as how i play both sides regularly and am red ranks, i totally get this mans gripes with doing so. It's just plain unfair to abuse the game as such, expecially when you can get away with doing so for free if you don't care about disconnect penalties/rank, and only care about depriving the killer of a kill that they earned throughout out playing you.

    Expecially when the game gives you tools to combat slugging... and you know, you can always just play better and not have to resort to such tactics or perks anyways

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1226209#Comment_1226209

    Reasonable, but what evidence do you have that killing survivors is the killer's whole job. The only other reward in game is bloodpoints, which are gained by completing actions other than ones that lead to the survivor's death such as using many killers' powers, opening exit gates, breaking pallets, and chasing survivors to name a few.

    Are we really at the level of tribal delusion that we're gonna argue, "But killing survivors isn't really what killers are supposed to do, guys!"

1 2 3 4