How to put this in a friendly way...

I am on the PTB right now, and all i can say is: Is this a little late april fools joke?? It has to be, right?

First game i play: Gas Heaven

There is 1 (ONE) single pallet on the whole middle of the map! One!

Gas Heaven1.jpg

The rest of it is a deadzone with absolutly nothing but here and there some trash!

Gas Heaven2.jpg

1 Pallet in the garage

Gas Heaven3.jpg

1 more pallet between killershack and deadzone

Gas Heaven4.jpg

4 Jungle Gyms with 1 pallet each

Gas Heaven5.jpg

And the Killer shack pallet.

8 pallets on the whole map. Are we good? I mean, ARE WE GOOD? I honestly have to ask without sarkasm. Have you forgot to add the pallets in those silly big deadzones and the silly big middle of the map (2 gens by the way... 1 pallet... )

This is even worse then i have expected, and i thought it will be aweful.

2Nd Game: Gas Heaven again

This time i count 7 pallets! And most of them are even weaker then before.

3rd Game: Thompson House

I am already really frustrated, so i stopped counting pallets but it looks like more or less the same ammount. All i can say at this point is that the map looks really really aweful, even worse then the old thompson house. It feels squeezed, not well designed at all.

I might try out a few more games after a break, but if this goes on like Thompson and Gas Heaven.. ahhm well... good luck with your next game devs. At least you know how you killed it.

Comments

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202074#Comment_1202074

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202094#Comment_1202094

    I have not had a layout that was even close to be as aweful as one of those and i get them 2 times in a row. I highly doubt that.

    Oh whoa, you say it happened twice? That raw amoung of data surely trumps the community manager and the patch notes both confirming the changes you're reporting didn't happen. Bhvr fix yo #########

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1201862#Comment_1201862

    But if you... have ... deadzones... then you need... something... to... work with.

    Lets not forget that not every survivor is ressourceful with Pallets and can screw over the other 3, who actually are.

    If it's.... a... deadzone... that means... there's nothing.... to work with...


    Otherwise... it's not.... a deadzone....

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202015#Comment_1202015

    No offense but there are only 3 options

    Some changes were done

    There is a bug you are not aware off

    8 Pallets on Gas Heaven was always standard

    Which one is it?

    Are you sure there were just so few pallets on that map? It couldn't maybe have been because survivors wasted some pallets already? Because Gas Heaven wasn't even touched according to the dev update and the patch notes. Otherwise this has to be some kind of bug, as I've never seen Gas Heaven with only 8 pallets before.

    Though RNG has always had quite an impact on maps though, look at this video from tru3ta1ent for example, where Bloodlodge actually looks like a manageable map for once:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D6-tuL-lJs

    I think the best way to check and see how many pallets actually spawn is to play any killer and slap on Zanshin Tactics, I'll probably do that myself as well today. I'm all for more balanced maps but 8 pallets in total isn't balanced.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202074#Comment_1202074

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202094#Comment_1202094

    I have not had a layout that was even close to be as aweful as one of those and i get them 2 times in a row. I highly doubt that.

    Okay but at this time, you've been given an answer and basically told Peanits he's wrong. People have told you that's the way wreckers has always been.

    Just because the layout doesn't enable you to go from one loop to another in seconds doesn't mean it's bad.

  • @xTalon32 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202109#Comment_1202109

    Okay but at this time, you've been given an answer and basically told Peanits he's wrong. People have told you that's the way wreckers has always been.

    Just because the layout doesn't enable you to go from one loop to another in seconds doesn't mean it's bad.

    That's not their issue though, but that survivors have barely any pallets to work with at all. Disabling any counterplay for survivor also isn't the way to go.

  • @xEa said:

    I am on the PTB right now, and all i can say is: Is this a little late april fools joke?? It has to be, right?

    First game i play: Gas Heaven

    There is 1 (ONE) single pallet on the whole middle of the map! One!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/230/4H3MVCDIRVWD.jpg

    The rest of it is a deadzone with absolutly nothing but here and there some trash!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/101/KAWZ4X5O95AK.jpg

    1 Pallet in the garage

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/235/17S8ZEX379VI.jpg

    1 more pallet between killershack and deadzone

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/673/KZ4WVS1QIRA6.jpg

    4 Jungle Gyms with 1 pallet each

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/384/6O5O0ZJKTNHG.jpg

    And the Killer shack pallet.

    8 pallets on the whole map. Are we good? I mean, ARE WE GOOD? I honestly have to ask without sarkasm. Have you forgot to add the pallets in those silly big deadzones and the silly big middle of the map (2 gens by the way... 1 pallet... )

    This is even worse then i have expected, and i thought it will be aweful.

    2Nd Game: Gas Heaven again

    This time i count 7 pallets! And most of them are even weaker then before.

    3rd Game: Thompson House

    I am already really frustrated, so i stopped counting pallets but it looks like more or less the same ammount. All i can say at this point is that the map looks really really aweful, even worse then the old thompson house. It feels squeezed, not well designed at all.

    I might try out a few more games after a break, but if this goes on like Thompson and Gas Heaven.. ahhm well... good luck with your next game devs. At least you know how you killed it.

    How many pallets you want in a map?

  • I’ll be honest, when I did a challenge in the last tome....something like break pallets with spirit fury. I went around the entire map (groaning storehouse) and got all pallets. I used all of them and there was about 8 or so in total. No more than 10.

    However they were at all the usual spots. Didn’t really feel like there was too many deadzones. Not sure how many this map is meant to have but its either bad rng or the new tile changes messed something up.

  • @CaptainCastle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202109#Comment_1202109

    Oh whoa, you say it happened twice? That raw amoung of data surely trumps the community manager and the patch notes both confirming the changes you're reporting didn't happen. Bhvr fix yo #########

    Yes it happend twice in a row, a scenario i have not had ever in thousends of games. Guess i should play the lottery tomorrow... better 2 times.

    And community manager does not make you infallible, especially not when it comes to bugs and Public test servers.

    Btw apparently other people had the same issue. I guess we were all in the same game with this misterious one in a million never happen again layout.

    (sidenote, there is rng but there are certain rules for each map, for example how close pallets can spawn to each other and how far they are away from each other. Having 1 pallet in the whole middle area alone is breaking those rules very likely)

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202034#Comment_1202034

    Are you sure there were just so few pallets on that map? It couldn't maybe have been because survivors wasted some pallets already? Because Gas Heaven wasn't even touched according to the dev update and the patch notes. Otherwise this has to be some kind of bug, as I've never seen Gas Heaven with only 8 pallets before.

    Though RNG has always had quite an impact on maps though, look at this video from tru3ta1ent for example, where Bloodlodge actually looks like a manageable map for once:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D6-tuL-lJs

    I think the best way to check and see how many pallets actually spawn is to play any killer and slap on Zanshin Tactics, I'll probably do that myself as well today. I'm all for more balanced maps but 8 pallets in total isn't balanced.

    Alright then, i guess i have to upload the video at some point. Hard to beat the community managers word without a video proof. Might take a while tho, my license is sitting in a building that is closed because of corona and i am not sure my friend who works there is there very often currently.

  • @xEa said:

    I am on the PTB right now, and all i can say is: Is this a little late april fools joke?? It has to be, right?

    First game i play: Gas Heaven

    There is 1 (ONE) single pallet on the whole middle of the map! One!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/230/4H3MVCDIRVWD.jpg

    The rest of it is a deadzone with absolutly nothing but here and there some trash!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/101/KAWZ4X5O95AK.jpg

    1 Pallet in the garage

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/235/17S8ZEX379VI.jpg

    1 more pallet between killershack and deadzone

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/673/KZ4WVS1QIRA6.jpg

    4 Jungle Gyms with 1 pallet each

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/384/6O5O0ZJKTNHG.jpg

    And the Killer shack pallet.

    8 pallets on the whole map. Are we good? I mean, ARE WE GOOD? I honestly have to ask without sarkasm. Have you forgot to add the pallets in those silly big deadzones and the silly big middle of the map (2 gens by the way... 1 pallet... )

    This is even worse then i have expected, and i thought it will be aweful.

    2Nd Game: Gas Heaven again

    This time i count 7 pallets! And most of them are even weaker then before.

    3rd Game: Thompson House

    I am already really frustrated, so i stopped counting pallets but it looks like more or less the same ammount. All i can say at this point is that the map looks really really aweful, even worse then the old thompson house. It feels squeezed, not well designed at all.

    I might try out a few more games after a break, but if this goes on like Thompson and Gas Heaven.. ahhm well... good luck with your next game devs. At least you know how you killed it.

    Well being in the middle looping between pallets its not funny for killer now pallets will be a resource u cant throw to the rubbish... I think is fair, long map less pallets...

  • It's called the RNG...I know fun

  • @DwightOP said:

    Now, I was THE ONE survivor in solo Q Team who was really careful with pallets. I threw down average 2 pallets per game. Why? Because I HAD TO be very efficient with them. My mates are usually straight up trash and burn down 5 pallets in under 1 minute, otherwise they die instantly.

    Now, with only 7 pallets per map... Yeah gg devs, rip solo Q. Game is dead for me. I was already burned out. But I'm not even considering to come back anymore after these PTB reports of the community. U messed up.

    Its a way to make survivor rank more hard as killers.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202132#Comment_1202132

    Alright then, i guess i have to upload the video at some point. Hard to beat the community managers word without a video proof. Might take a while tho, my license is sitting in a building that is closed because of corona and i am not sure my friend who works there is there very often currently.

    That's a good idea.

    I actually just got Gasheaven myself with Zanshin Tactics and I counted 14 pallets. Which I think is fine coupled with the 8 to 10 vaults that the map also has. Interestingly enough though one of the areas behind the big bunch of cars that form a big wall had no pallets between the two tiles at the left and right, though to be fair both tiles were jungle jyms so maybe that was the reason.

  • This isn't anything new. Happened to me quite often before the ptb. Gas Heaven is one of the maps with terrible RNG unfortunately.

    Gas Heaven, Shelter Woods and Yamaoka Estate maps have the most horrible RNG regarding pallets in my opinion. Shelter woods also has very little pallets and sometimes spawns like 1 jungle gym. I've seen Yamaoka Estate spawn 0 pallets in the middle area as well.

    Hopefully they'll also address stuff like these in the later map changes.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    I can’t wait for the new Blendette with purple mist, Urban Evasion and Sprint Burst meta. Playing 20 minute matches of hide and seek against immersed survivors who avoid chases because there are no pallets left will be fun for everyone.

    70 is fine

  • @xEa said:

    I am on the PTB right now, and all i can say is: Is this a little late april fools joke?? It has to be, right?

    First game i play: Gas Heaven

    There is 1 (ONE) single pallet on the whole middle of the map! One!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/230/4H3MVCDIRVWD.jpg

    The rest of it is a deadzone with absolutly nothing but here and there some trash!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/101/KAWZ4X5O95AK.jpg

    1 Pallet in the garage

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/235/17S8ZEX379VI.jpg

    1 more pallet between killershack and deadzone

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/673/KZ4WVS1QIRA6.jpg

    4 Jungle Gyms with 1 pallet each

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/384/6O5O0ZJKTNHG.jpg

    And the Killer shack pallet.

    8 pallets on the whole map. Are we good? I mean, ARE WE GOOD? I honestly have to ask without sarkasm. Have you forgot to add the pallets in those silly big deadzones and the silly big middle of the map (2 gens by the way... 1 pallet... )

    This is even worse then i have expected, and i thought it will be aweful.

    2Nd Game: Gas Heaven again

    This time i count 7 pallets! And most of them are even weaker then before.

    3rd Game: Thompson House

    I am already really frustrated, so i stopped counting pallets but it looks like more or less the same ammount. All i can say at this point is that the map looks really really aweful, even worse then the old thompson house. It feels squeezed, not well designed at all.

    I might try out a few more games after a break, but if this goes on like Thompson and Gas Heaven.. ahhm well... good luck with your next game devs. At least you know how you killed it.

    Have you gone back to live and see what has changed ?

  • U can rank up to easy as survivor. This won't change it. And new rank reset is making everyone stay high rank. Red ranks will still be majority of potatoes and with these changes its just hurting solos again

  • @xEa said:

    I am on the PTB right now, and all i can say is: Is this a little late april fools joke?? It has to be, right?

    First game i play: Gas Heaven

    There is 1 (ONE) single pallet on the whole middle of the map! One!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/230/4H3MVCDIRVWD.jpg

    The rest of it is a deadzone with absolutly nothing but here and there some trash!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/101/KAWZ4X5O95AK.jpg

    1 Pallet in the garage

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/235/17S8ZEX379VI.jpg

    1 more pallet between killershack and deadzone

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/673/KZ4WVS1QIRA6.jpg

    4 Jungle Gyms with 1 pallet each

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/384/6O5O0ZJKTNHG.jpg

    And the Killer shack pallet.

    8 pallets on the whole map. Are we good? I mean, ARE WE GOOD? I honestly have to ask without sarkasm. Have you forgot to add the pallets in those silly big deadzones and the silly big middle of the map (2 gens by the way... 1 pallet... )

    This is even worse then i have expected, and i thought it will be aweful.

    2Nd Game: Gas Heaven again

    This time i count 7 pallets! And most of them are even weaker then before.

    3rd Game: Thompson House

    I am already really frustrated, so i stopped counting pallets but it looks like more or less the same ammount. All i can say at this point is that the map looks really really aweful, even worse then the old thompson house. It feels squeezed, not well designed at all.

    I might try out a few more games after a break, but if this goes on like Thompson and Gas Heaven.. ahhm well... good luck with your next game devs. At least you know how you killed it.

    they are balancing the game by killing solo queue and bad swf. will only last good swf that can loop without dropping pallets.

  • @Peanits said:

    I hate to break it to ya', but the number of pallets has not changed (except for Distrubed Ward, where the Aslyum now has 2 pallets instead of 4).

    Bug then? Wouldn't suprise me.

  • Bloodlust is not good for the game after those map changes imo, especially on killers like freddy. It was a bandaid fix for stupid map design and can go now.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1201862#Comment_1201862

    You can't make maps smaller, limit the loops, and limit the pallets at the same time WHILE KEEPING BLOODLUST IN THE GAME lmao

    This is going to be extremely dumb if it makes it over to live in its current state. Especially for solo queue.

    Bloodlust is staying until ALL maps are fixed

  • @immortalls96 said:

    The point of the update was to weaken these maps..a pallet reduction is to be expected..the point is to force conservation of resources instead of mindless psllet throws..and honestly I imagine theres a tad bit of exaggeration here

    This is how much they've been babied.

    It's ridiculous.

  • @NursesBootie said:

    Bloodlust is not good for the game after those map changes imo, especially on killers like freddy. It was a bandaid fix for stupid map design and can go now.

    Freddy is one of the killers that relies on Bloodlust the least, thanks to Snares.

  • @xEa said:

    I am on the PTB right now, and all i can say is: Is this a little late april fools joke?? It has to be, right?

    First game i play: Gas Heaven

    There is 1 (ONE) single pallet on the whole middle of the map! One!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/230/4H3MVCDIRVWD.jpg

    The rest of it is a deadzone with absolutly nothing but here and there some trash!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/101/KAWZ4X5O95AK.jpg

    1 Pallet in the garage

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/235/17S8ZEX379VI.jpg

    1 more pallet between killershack and deadzone

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/673/KZ4WVS1QIRA6.jpg

    4 Jungle Gyms with 1 pallet each

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/384/6O5O0ZJKTNHG.jpg

    And the Killer shack pallet.

    8 pallets on the whole map. Are we good? I mean, ARE WE GOOD? I honestly have to ask without sarkasm. Have you forgot to add the pallets in those silly big deadzones and the silly big middle of the map (2 gens by the way... 1 pallet... )

    This is even worse then i have expected, and i thought it will be aweful.

    2Nd Game: Gas Heaven again

    This time i count 7 pallets! And most of them are even weaker then before.

    3rd Game: Thompson House

    I am already really frustrated, so i stopped counting pallets but it looks like more or less the same ammount. All i can say at this point is that the map looks really really aweful, even worse then the old thompson house. It feels squeezed, not well designed at all.

    I might try out a few more games after a break, but if this goes on like Thompson and Gas Heaven.. ahhm well... good luck with your next game devs. At least you know how you killed it.

    Are you seriously upset they’re requiring survivors to have a little more skill than to run pallet to pallet throwing it mindlessly? Hopefully this will get rid of the potato survivors in red ranks.

  • @DisappointedUser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/142794/how-to-put-this-in-a-friendly-way

    Are you seriously upset they’re requiring survivors to have a little more skill than to run pallet to pallet throwing it mindlessly? Hopefully this will get rid of the potato survivors in red ranks.

    The potatoes didn't get there from running the killer in the first point. Prob just from bombarding unhooks. This just makes solo queue not realistically viable anymore (although it was barely viable in the first place).

  • @DisappointedUser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/142794/how-to-put-this-in-a-friendly-way

    Are you seriously upset they’re requiring survivors to have a little more skill than to run pallet to pallet throwing it mindlessly? Hopefully this will get rid of the potato survivors in red ranks.

    Survivors don't have more options than just pallets for most of their survivability so you tell me what they're supposed to do if there's nothing else.

    Edit: Typo.

  • @Enlyne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202619#Comment_1202619

    Survivors don't have more options than just pallets for most of their survability so you tell me what they're supposed to do if there's nothing else.

    Just 360 and dodge the killer 50 times with your mad skillz, stop hiding behind pallets coward! /s

  • @Enlyne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202619#Comment_1202619

    Survivors don't have more options than just pallets for most of their survability so you tell me what they're supposed to do if there's nothing else.

    You can’t be serious.. DS, BT, Unbreakable, Adrenaline, Syptic Bottle, etc. They have a ton for survivability. You can also go around many of these loops more than once before throwing a pallet.

    the issue is that things have been way too easy for survivors for over a year. The second they might require 1% more skill they lose their minds.

    In terms of game balance, if you’re escaping 50% of the time and dying the other 50% then everyone is fine. It sounds like survivors want to escape every time or else it’s not “balanced.”


    My GF started playing 2-3 months ago. She’s red ranked survivor. She doesn’t even know how to loop killers and just holds W. She escapes more than half her games.


    You have no idea what you’re talking about.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202628#Comment_1202628

    Just 360 and dodge the killer 50 times with your mad skillz, stop hiding behind pallets coward! /s

    There are only 5 gens to do. Even if the killer gets TWO hooks per gen, you still escape. What are you talking about? I can’t tell if you’re serious.


    Are you the type who stops doing a gen as soon as you hear a heart beat? So no gens get done? If a team just does gens and doesn’t crouch in the corner of the map, it’s not possible to lose.


    You sound too concerned about getting hooked that the fear makes it so you don’t actually do anything. That’s called being a potato in red ranks.

  • @DisappointedUser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202628#Comment_1202628

    You can’t be serious.. DS, BT, Unbreakable, Adrenaline, Syptic Bottle, etc. They have a ton for survivability. You can also go around many of these loops more than once before throwing a pallet.

    the issue is that things have been way too easy for survivors for over a year. The second they might require 1% more skill they lose their minds.

    In terms of game balance, if you’re escaping 50% of the time and dying the other 50% then everyone is fine. It sounds like survivors want to escape every time or else it’s not “balanced.”

    My GF started playing 2-3 months ago. She’s red ranked survivor. She doesn’t even know how to loop killers and just holds W. She escapes more than half her games.

    You have no idea what you’re talking about.

    I love seeing over-generalizations of stuff Survivors can do, especially when they're all situational and not related to dead zones

  • @DisappointedUser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202628#Comment_1202628

    You can’t be serious.. DS, BT, Unbreakable, Adrenaline, Syptic Bottle, etc. They have a ton for survivability. You can also go around many of these loops more than once before throwing a pallet.

    the issue is that things have been way too easy for survivors for over a year. The second they might require 1% more skill they lose their minds.

    In terms of game balance, if you’re escaping 50% of the time and dying the other 50% then everyone is fine. It sounds like survivors want to escape every time or else it’s not “balanced.”

    My GF started playing 2-3 months ago. She’s red ranked survivor. She doesn’t even know how to loop killers and just holds W. She escapes more than half her games.

    You have no idea what you’re talking about.

    Don't think your GF's red ranks are the real red ranks, or you're just living under a rock.

    I play solo survivor without any of your silly listed perks/addons since I don't rely on those, don't think you know way better when you don't even know how I play, fella.

  • @DisappointedUser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202628#Comment_1202628

    You can’t be serious.. DS, BT, Unbreakable, Adrenaline, Syptic Bottle, etc. They have a ton for survivability. You can also go around many of these loops more than once before throwing a pallet.

    the issue is that things have been way too easy for survivors for over a year. The second they might require 1% more skill they lose their minds.

    In terms of game balance, if you’re escaping 50% of the time and dying the other 50% then everyone is fine. It sounds like survivors want to escape every time or else it’s not “balanced.”

    My GF started playing 2-3 months ago. She’s red ranked survivor. She doesn’t even know how to loop killers and just holds W. She escapes more than half her games.

    You have no idea what you’re talking about.

    Sounds believable.

  • @DisappointedUser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202631#Comment_1202631

    There are only 5 gens to do. Even if the killer gets TWO hooks per gen, you still escape. What are you talking about? I can’t tell if you’re serious.

    Are you the type who stops doing a gen as soon as you hear a heart beat? So no gens get done? If a team just does gens and doesn’t crouch in the corner of the map, it’s not possible to lose.

    You sound too concerned about getting hooked that the fear makes it so you don’t actually do anything. That’s called being a potato in red ranks.

    You have to be baiting at this point mate. If you think it's that simple, you're the potato in red ranks.

    You ignore the concept of positioning, maps that are more prone to 3-gens, slugging, who the killer is, etc. Kinda cringe bro

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202646#Comment_1202646

    You have to be baiting at this point mate. If you think it's that simple, you're the potato in red ranks.

    You ignore the concept of positioning, maps that are more prone to 3-gens, slugging, who the killer is, etc. Kinda cringe bro

    Reality is often disappointing.

  • Ever since playing DbD and visiting these forums, I forgot their were emotions other than disappointment.

  • @DisappointedUser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202631#Comment_1202631

    There are only 5 gens to do. Even if the killer gets TWO hooks per gen, you still escape. What are you talking about? I can’t tell if you’re serious.

    Are you the type who stops doing a gen as soon as you hear a heart beat? So no gens get done? If a team just does gens and doesn’t crouch in the corner of the map, it’s not possible to lose.

    You sound too concerned about getting hooked that the fear makes it so you don’t actually do anything. That’s called being a potato in red ranks.

    @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202646#Comment_1202646

    You have to be baiting at this point mate. If you think it's that simple, you're the potato in red ranks.

    You ignore the concept of positioning, maps that are more prone to 3-gens, slugging, who the killer is, etc. Kinda cringe bro

    Since AsePlayer said what I was gonna say I deleted what I typed and quoted him.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    These entitled survivor mains. You are NOT entitled to survive. Killers however ARE entitled to kill.

    Just adapt and git gud. Bring Yuis perk so you can pick pallets back up. I don’t see a problem here.

    Now watch out for my instasaw hillbilly with spirit fury ending and noed. Better rush those gens and totems boy.

    No i dont belive any side is entitled to anything. Surrvivors dont always have to survive and killers don't always need to get kills its about skill or in some cases brain dead plays. So no killers arent entitled to anything just like surrvivors shouldnt be entitled to an escape every game

  • The problem with them fixing maps is that it balances those killers that are weak but inevitably buffs those that are strong.

    I don’t wanna have to deal with triple pallets as Pig more than I want to deal with (Infectious Fright) Oni with one pallet on the map as survivor.

    You nerf something, something else also needs to be looked at. This goes for both sides.

    I will keep repeating myself but for me, resizing maps and removing things like a strong window feels like a lazy way of dealing with a “problem”. Instead why not get creative and use it as an opportunity to make more mind-game able killer vs survivor interaction.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    The problem with them fixing maps is that it balances those killers that are weak but inevitably buffs those that are strong.

    I don’t wanna have to deal with triple pallets as Pig more than I want to deal with (Infectious Fright) Oni with one pallet on the map.

    Bingo. Hillbilly is deadlier than ever on the reworks with all the deadzones. Great for low tier easily looped killers though.

  • I mean someone just go and see it live the map is still there...

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    The problem with them fixing maps is that it balances those killers that are weak but inevitably buffs those that are strong.

    I don’t wanna have to deal with triple pallets as Pig more than I want to deal with (Infectious Fright) Oni with one pallet on the map.

    I think the best way to balance maps is to have maps spawn with more pallets, but have them be mindgameable. I guess that's the one problem with these new map changes, that the pallet loops unique to these maps, which are almost all completely safe, but instead survivors are getting less loops they can work with. I still think the changes to the maps in general are good, it just seems like these maps would be even better if there were more pallets, but mindgameable ones.

  • The Ruin nerf has affected balance in such a bad, snowballing way. Now we're just seeing survivors reduced to almost no chance to survive against decent killers with a modicum of mobility at anything lower than the top end. I was already having 0 issues getting 4K with Spirit around 0-1 generators left, but now this...

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    These entitled survivor mains. You are NOT entitled to survive. Killers however ARE entitled to kill.

    Just adapt and git gud. Bring Yuis perk so you can pick pallets back up. I don’t see a problem here.

    Now watch out for my instasaw hillbilly with spirit fury ending and noed. Better rush those gens and totems boy.

    This is being as blind as survivors were when killers didnt get their attention for a bit. I cannot go on the ptb because I am on ps4 but this sounds kinda stronger for killers...but I don't really know anything yet

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1202701#Comment_1202701

    I think the best way to balance maps is to have maps spawn with more pallets, but have them be mindgameable. I guess that's the one problem with these new map changes, that the pallet loops unique to these maps, which are almost all completely safe, but instead survivors are getting less loops they can work with. I still think the changes to the maps in general are good, it just seems like these maps would be even better if there were more pallets, but mindgameable ones.

    Essentially that was the point I was trying to make and I agree with you. There just needs to be something besides “oopsie another blocked window or dead zone...” who finds that fun at all?

    I posted a thread not long ago about how they could have changed god windows but without rendering them completely useless while also removing them via a depletion mechanic.

    I know what it feels like when you are going from pallet after pallet (fractured cowshed) and hearing gens pop but I also understand how dumb it is to pretend like you could have any chance at all in a map like Hawkings.

    Honestly I would have preferred if they buffed killers to where breaking their bloodlust didn’t require them to kick a pallet... they could just walk through.... and they could even make it so that it takes a bit longer to proc.

    just something that isn’t going to make survivors wonder why they even try and make gameplay dull in the process because you’re suppose to be able to evade but you have no tools to do that with.

    So far (and with all due respect) I feel like the devs have not really done anything that opens up more mind-game able gameplay is all in saying. It’s just more of the same stuff. Block windows, remove pallets, etc.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1201877#Comment_1201877

    Those changes must be truly unblieveable, if i even get accused of lying (in front of the devs and hundreds of players btw)

    Also for you: Go on the PTB, ckeck it out, come back later.

    Then again people say the same about hawkins..lol and that map has some nasty vault combos

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1201940#Comment_1201940

    I don't know why you're trying to say what I've seen on the PTB is untrue while not checking it out yourself.

    Ptb survivors are extremely disorganized and map changes always feel bigger than they are..its happened with every map under the new system

  • Ah yes..pick the new map instead of the swamps or the game where the spacing is terrible just to pretend all maps are this way..must say it's really convincing

  • @fckal0 said:

    You won't need a pallet if you have good juke-game, which you dont considering you need a pallet to do the trick.

    Every survivor needs pallets for disposal, no matter how good you think you are.

  • @Peanits said:

    I hate to break it to ya', but the number of pallets has not changed (except for Distrubed Ward, where the Aslyum now has 2 pallets instead of 4).

    I knew it XDDDD this guy is blowing smoke

1 2 3 4