Exit Gate Three Second Rule

More experienced players might know why this is a bad idea but it seems to me that in my journey to level 16 as killer I seem to be:

A: Playing a lot of survivors way above my rank (I guess that is match making)

B: Watching everyone wasting time in the exits waiting for me to eventually get there just so they can bounce up and down pointing like idiots until I try to hit them and they run out.

Seems to be that the exit gate is like the paint in basketball. If you are in there for more than 3 seconds (or however long it takes to run across it) then you should get booted back to outside the door, maybe some number of meters outside.

When I play survivor (I got to rank 13 so far) if the door is unlocked I either go back in (if someone is hooked) or run out.

Is there a point reason to hang around? I know that getting run around, hit by people jumping out of lockers, blinded at every palette, and then teased at the end seems like a bad look for the game. No killers means no games and if you are being made to feel like a jerk it seems like a serious flaw. I know EGC was put in because of what Survivors used to do, but can you enforce sportsmanship using code?

I look forward to your thoughts!

Comments

  • @SenatorAcadia said:

    More experienced players might know why this is a bad idea but it seems to me that in my journey to level 16 as killer I seem to be:

    A: Playing a lot of survivors way above my rank (I guess that is match making)

    B: Watching everyone wasting time in the exits waiting for me to eventually get there just so they can bounce up and down pointing like idiots until I try to hit them and they run out.

    Seems to be that the exit gate is like the paint in basketball. If you are in there for more than 3 seconds (or however long it takes to run across it) then you should get booted back to outside the door, maybe some number of meters outside.

    When I play survivor (I got to rank 13 so far) if the door is unlocked I either go back in (if someone is hooked) or run out.

    Is there a point reason to hang around? I know that getting run around, hit by people jumping out of lockers, blinded at every palette, and then teased at the end seems like a bad look for the game. No killers means no games and if you are being made to feel like a jerk it seems like a serious flaw. I know EGC was put in because of what Survivors used to do, but can you enforce sportsmanship using code?

    I look forward to your thoughts!

    I don't know about most players but I for one don't like leaving anyone behind, if the gate is open I will wait till everyone is out or save anyone who is hooked or body block at the gates for a injured teammate trying to escape so this mechanic would be stupid, also survivors would just play around it by not standing to close to the gate... Regardless it would not benefit anyone.

  • Thr fact that you honestly want something like this is stupid. I personally wait at the gates to give the hit bp to killers. If im gonna escape ill at least give then a little bump to make sure everyone gets the most out of a game, but.... With people like OC with this kind of attitude. Seems killers only want to be treated special and never get the short stick. Seems people like you dont deserve stuff like that. I too see survs waiting for me, but i usually assume its for the same reason i do. Either don't go to the exit gates and let any potential end game kills slip by so you dont.have your ego shattered by such a small gesture or just take.the bp they are handing you and get into the next game. Although might i suggest you take a break after every time a surv gets out cause you clearly get tilted as ######### whenever it happens.

  • Well, I wasn't around for the pre-EGC so I never asked for it. And I do deal with thanks.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    Just don’t approach the exit gate if all hope is lost. Survivors will hate not being able to have the satisfaction of butt dancing as you helplessly watch.

    Had a moment on PTB where a pretty obvious four stack took maxed out flashlights and tried to bully my poor trapper (I was testing the trap reset mechanic) and they all wanted to butt dance until the literal last second in the gate so I just positioned myself against a wall looking up and went to grab some water. EGC would kill them or they’d leave, up to them. Wasn’t really toxic about it postgame either, for the first time. Just told them to go have fun. Kinda bitter. Cause I don’t have friends (least that still play DBD)

  • It's only BM when they dont let you give a slap on the butt on their way out. Free BP my friend. Take it however you get it. If it really bothers you that much you could always DC denying them of escape points..... oh wait. Seriously though unless they're spamming vaults and lockers its generally not considered BM.

  • This is not an issue, and also, if you are lucky you can sometimes get one before they get out with NOED and a good lunge.

  • If you down a survivor at the gate you have 3 seconds to pick them up.

    🍪

  • @SenatorAcadia said:

    More experienced players might know why this is a bad idea but it seems to me that in my journey to level 16 as killer I seem to be:

    A: Playing a lot of survivors way above my rank (I guess that is match making)

    B: Watching everyone wasting time in the exits waiting for me to eventually get there just so they can bounce up and down pointing like idiots until I try to hit them and they run out.

    Seems to be that the exit gate is like the paint in basketball. If you are in there for more than 3 seconds (or however long it takes to run across it) then you should get booted back to outside the door, maybe some number of meters outside.

    When I play survivor (I got to rank 13 so far) if the door is unlocked I either go back in (if someone is hooked) or run out.

    Is there a point reason to hang around? I know that getting run around, hit by people jumping out of lockers, blinded at every palette, and then teased at the end seems like a bad look for the game. No killers means no games and if you are being made to feel like a jerk it seems like a serious flaw. I know EGC was put in because of what Survivors used to do, but can you enforce sportsmanship using code?

    I look forward to your thoughts!

    I feel your pain. Just a quick word of advice and I mean this with all due respect to you: save your breath and your time. The devs have proven to be completely uninterested in making the game fun for Killers. So, until this starts to affect the company's profits, Killers will simply need to find fun in ways that do not involve winning.

  • @shalo said:

    Survivors: complain about long queue times and slugging being boring, stand in the Exit gate for 3 minutes doing nothing.

    I use the time to check Insta and add survivor names to my list of survivors that have lots of time to play lobby sim.

    You can easily do something about it. Hit them... And plus you get bloodpoints so it really doesn't do much

  • As a survivor i usually stay to see if the others make it. If someone got hook or downed etc.

    BUT i admit im guilty of butt dancing on the exit gates

  • @MiktheSpik said:

    Thr fact that you honestly want something like this is stupid. I personally wait at the gates to give the hit bp to killers. If im gonna escape ill at least give then a little bump to make sure everyone gets the most out of a game, but.... With people like OC with this kind of attitude. Seems killers only want to be treated special and never get the short stick. Seems people like you dont deserve stuff like that. I too see survs waiting for me, but i usually assume its for the same reason i do. Either don't go to the exit gates and let any potential end game kills slip by so you dont.have your ego shattered by such a small gesture or just take.the bp they are handing you and get into the next game. Although might i suggest you take a break after every time a surv gets out cause you clearly get tilted as ######### whenever it happens.

    Dont listen to OP. 99.9% of the community are the same page with this. BP is something everyone benefits from.

  • @SenatorAcadia said:

    More experienced players might know why this is a bad idea but it seems to me that in my journey to level 16 as killer I seem to be:

    A: Playing a lot of survivors way above my rank (I guess that is match making)

    B: Watching everyone wasting time in the exits waiting for me to eventually get there just so they can bounce up and down pointing like idiots until I try to hit them and they run out.

    Seems to be that the exit gate is like the paint in basketball. If you are in there for more than 3 seconds (or however long it takes to run across it) then you should get booted back to outside the door, maybe some number of meters outside.

    When I play survivor (I got to rank 13 so far) if the door is unlocked I either go back in (if someone is hooked) or run out.

    Is there a point reason to hang around? I know that getting run around, hit by people jumping out of lockers, blinded at every palette, and then teased at the end seems like a bad look for the game. No killers means no games and if you are being made to feel like a jerk it seems like a serious flaw. I know EGC was put in because of what Survivors used to do, but can you enforce sportsmanship using code?

    I look forward to your thoughts!

    I just think it's funny how the same Survivors bobbing up and down in the exits/at the hatch/etc are the same ones who cry when a Killer uses NOED... Lol I'm like "You you got all the time in the world to teabag me into oblivion, but no time for totems?"

    YEET mechanic would be cool with me, but if they do that against the Survivors they need to do something similar with Killers facecamping hooked Survivors. (Have a tendril knock the Killer back if they linger too close to a hooked Survivor too long.)

    As far as the the teabagging, you get used to it. I'm of the mind that a teabag isn't really a teabag if you're 10+ feet away... You gotta be close or it don't count. So when I find Survivors at the exit "bobbing up and down like idiots" I like to say "they're not teabagging me...they're 'taking a bow' lol.

  • Just run a mori to kill the last survivor they stop eventually trust me

  • Let survivors do this like killers slugging for full 4 minutes just because they can.

  • @SenatorAcadia said:

    More experienced players might know why this is a bad idea but it seems to me that in my journey to level 16 as killer I seem to be:

    A: Playing a lot of survivors way above my rank (I guess that is match making)

    B: Watching everyone wasting time in the exits waiting for me to eventually get there just so they can bounce up and down pointing like idiots until I try to hit them and they run out.

    Seems to be that the exit gate is like the paint in basketball. If you are in there for more than 3 seconds (or however long it takes to run across it) then you should get booted back to outside the door, maybe some number of meters outside.

    When I play survivor (I got to rank 13 so far) if the door is unlocked I either go back in (if someone is hooked) or run out.

    Is there a point reason to hang around? I know that getting run around, hit by people jumping out of lockers, blinded at every palette, and then teased at the end seems like a bad look for the game. No killers means no games and if you are being made to feel like a jerk it seems like a serious flaw. I know EGC was put in because of what Survivors used to do, but can you enforce sportsmanship using code?

    I look forward to your thoughts!

    @Peanits said:

    I don't think this would necessarily solve anything. Someone might just heal in there for points because it's safe. If they really wanted to taunt you, they could sit just outside the gate and teabag, then run when you get close. You'd have the same thing happen, just in a different place.

    I think the best solution would be a forfeit option as a killer when the gates are powered even when kicked open and no one is on a hook. Forfeit with no penalty instead of holding up killers from being able to start another match when there is always plenty of survivors waiting for a match. As a killer I don’t care about extra blood-points for an extra hit or two at the gate and I doubt there are very many killers that do. Even when I kick the gate open then walk away and leave my controller afk it still takes the survivors every second of the end game collapse to leave 100 percent of the time.

  • If that's the case. Killers who are tunneling survivors. Should get massive negatives. Tunneling is more cancer then sitting at the exit gate

  • @Benno101 said:

    I do this all the time as survivor, especially if the killer has been toxic. I'll wait until the very last second then leave, I had one spirit have a sook at me at the end game chat it saying it waste time, I laughed and it just makes me want to do it even more haha.

    Above:

    Toxic survivors pretending that killers are the problem

  • @oxygen said:

    Just chase them out?

    If you don't want to see them tbag, EGC will chase them out.

    If just the thought of them tbagging bothers you, you probably should do yourself a favor and not play multiplayer games.

    I think what the player is saying is bragging at the exit gate is the final insult. After terrible matchmaking, terrible maps, stupid fast gen times, 16 chase/second chance perks....


    congratulations survivor you were able to draw a card out of the deck that wasn’t a joker, please taunt as obnoxiously as possible. You know what would make your super probable victory even sweeter, buying a meg or a nea skin to taunt with....

  • @InnCognito said:

    It is an interesting thought. I am GUILTY for doing this. I do the "Butt dance" in the exit zone and YES. it is "unsportsmanlike conduct" in some sense!

    I've made the suggestion that players standing in the exit zone for too long should face exposure status. :P Then again. butt dancing. IS FUN.

    Not when you've lost to a toxic swf :( Only if I'm memeing then its ok U3U

  • Just give me slow exit gate regression. Ive been deliberately opening 99d gates as survivor recently if its been an easy match to try and make things more interesting.


    The sheer terror of seeing BW up and the heartbeat approaching is the most tense feeling Ive ever gotten from this game.

  • @SenatorAcadia said:

    More experienced players might know why this is a bad idea but it seems to me that in my journey to level 16 as killer I seem to be:

    A: Playing a lot of survivors way above my rank (I guess that is match making)

    B: Watching everyone wasting time in the exits waiting for me to eventually get there just so they can bounce up and down pointing like idiots until I try to hit them and they run out.

    Seems to be that the exit gate is like the paint in basketball. If you are in there for more than 3 seconds (or however long it takes to run across it) then you should get booted back to outside the door, maybe some number of meters outside.

    When I play survivor (I got to rank 13 so far) if the door is unlocked I either go back in (if someone is hooked) or run out.

    Is there a point reason to hang around? I know that getting run around, hit by people jumping out of lockers, blinded at every palette, and then teased at the end seems like a bad look for the game. No killers means no games and if you are being made to feel like a jerk it seems like a serious flaw. I know EGC was put in because of what Survivors used to do, but can you enforce sportsmanship using code?

    I look forward to your thoughts!

    So I don't butt dance but I will stick around for a bit and a lot of it is for reasons someone else said. Waiting to make sure everyone gets out, or extra points in the form of boldness for a Chase as you stare at me or healing someone else or whatever. But info agree that the taunting with the pointing and dancing is rude but I don't think there is a need for a penalty to staying in the gate.

  • Jesus you make it sound like you can't just chase them out. It's not the same as being body blocked in a room or getting camped four minutes during bleedout phase. You have a choice in the matter just like survivors got a choice to kill themselves on the hook if the killer just stands there head nodding, t bagging and hitting their body. People are dicks on the internet. Get over it.

  • I sit in the exit gate for various reasons:

    1. To make sure no one else is hooked (often I leave and stand some meters away from the gate so I have a headstart into a direction)

    2. Heal allies or myself because it is the safest place

    3. Be ready to take hits for an incoming injured person

    4. Wait so that the killer gets more points. Them finding me, me running, then them hitting me, gives them a lot of points and I like doing it especially if the generators went sonic speed.

    5. To moonwalk with the killer. I want to try and make the killer laugh or smile, in the event the match is frustrating. By moonwalk I mean walk back and forth horizantally, having my face point straight up. I don't tbag or point

    6. If players are still in the trial and he's coming towards me while I'm at the gate, I wait until he completely downs me before I escape. This wastes time and gives the other or others a chance to get out

    7. If the killer was fun and I had fun, i often let myself die to egc, running in circles and looking straight up. Only do this when there's like 10 seconds left in egc.

  • Haters rise...lol

    I would suggest if a survivor is in that area for more 5 seconds they can be downed with 1 hit and they can no longer crawl.


    Worse case a change to noed or an add -on. It would be very situational so I say just give it to all killers. This would prevent those survivors hanging around that area. If anything they would move it outside gate area.

  • This idea would never be implemented, but i'd love to see it happen for the lols. But anyways, reasons survivors want to stand in the exit gates vary. Usually they either just want be toxic little brats, or they are generous human beings that want you to have a few extra hit points. Sometimes though, i do feel like they over stay their welcome and I would LOVE for something else to shove them out of the door far quicker than the EGC does.

    Oh yes, and if anyone wants to know why not do it myself, i am just gonna say because reasons. One reason being that chasing them out benefits their emblems and points. And if all they have done is bully me, I am not going to "feed" them anymore(it's probably maxed already anyways by then for them).

  • @Heartbound said:

    I hope the devs never add a killer that can come around the corner and shoot survivors teabagging at the exit gates and pull them out.

    That would be a real shame.

    (Crouching and nodding your head is much more efficient at the exit gates btw)

    Boy do I got news for you

  • Some survivors hang out by the exit waiting to be sure everyone is safe. Others do it to taunt the killer. Alot wait there to give the killer a free hit.

  • For me, a lot of the time I wait at the gate for the other survivors, especially if I don't know where they are so that I can help i see they're in a chase as they approach.. I'd feel bad for leaving someone on a hook (most of the time this just gets me killed too but stillll)

    I also like having fun with the killer? Like.. not the toxic get good kinda way but sometimes we (both survs and killer) mess around at the gate. I don't really know how to thank the killer for the game without messaging them (I'm on ps4 and sometimes it doesn't work) so that's really the best I can do I guess -_-'

  • @Peanits said:

    I don't think this would necessarily solve anything. Someone might just heal in there for points because it's safe. If they really wanted to taunt you, they could sit just outside the gate and teabag, then run when you get close. You'd have the same thing happen, just in a different place.

    Well that is true but to me getting to the exit and not feeling any urgency takes away from the EGC purpose especially 99 gates.

  • @korean_zombie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1121523#Comment_1121523

    Above:

    Toxic survivors pretending that killers are the problem

    Above:

    A triggered individual.

  • Lol imagine needing upvotes for self validation. I know that being triggered by someone tea bagging is mentally weak, I don't need upvotes. And so is needing upvotes for self validation. You're both weak minded. Plus 2 upvotes is none? That's logic!

  • @DetectiveBingBong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1121410#Comment_1121410

    If you're so simple minded so as to want to sit an additional 3 minutes in a game just to try and tilt the killer that you already beat then you're just a toxic timewaster. Survivor queues suck as is, why waste more time?

    Personally don't do it unless the killer did something to deserve it. Happens to me when I play killer too. You missed my point that it is weak minded to let it get to you and then jumped to an assumption that I do it. Also you do know about sitting at an exit gate to make sure you can save someone if they go down or need to take a protection hit right?? Nice assumption and neglection to realize what my post actually was.

  • This Is Why They Made The DeathSlinger LoL

  • @PepegaClap said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122257#Comment_1122257

    Personally don't do it unless the killer did something to deserve it. Happens to me when I play killer too. You missed my point that it is weak minded to let it get to you and then jumped to an assumption that I do it. Also you do know about sitting at an exit gate to make sure you can save someone if they go down or need to take a protection hit right?? Nice assumption and neglection to realize what my post actually was.

    Rather, I was giving you a dose of the inflammatory drivel that you spouted. You send an ill message to newcomers.

  • As killer when this happens to me since I main ghostface I just teabag back simple just amuse them moonwalk or something show them you don't care

  • @DetectiveBingBong said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1125253#Comment_1125253

    Rather, I was giving you a dose of the inflammatory drivel that you spouted. You send an ill message to newcomers.

    Again you're assuming they're a newcomer. You have no clue how long they've played killer to be rank 16 and also have no idea how much survivor they've played. So much assuming, not a good look. But not many "newcomers" would be on a forum of a game and reading back their post talking about experienced players likely not liking their idea makes them not seem very new. Tea bagging has been around since video games started lol, love how this community gets pissed about it in 2020. No one cries about tea bagging in COD forums, etc. And if saying someone is weak minded and they need to get over something as small as tea bagging is sending an ill message then you clearly have never seen an actual ill message. 2020 soft cupcakes all over the place I see.

  • @PepegaClap said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1125367#Comment_1125367

    Again you're assuming they're a newcomer. You have no clue how long they've played killer to be rank 16 and also have no idea how much survivor they've played. So much assuming, not a good look. But not many "newcomers" would be on a forum of a game and reading back their post talking about experienced players likely not liking their idea makes them not seem very new. Tea bagging has been around since video games started lol, love how this community gets pissed about it in 2020. No one cries about tea bagging in COD forums, etc. And if saying someone is weak minded and they need to get over something as small as tea bagging is sending an ill message then you clearly have never seen an actual ill message. 2020 soft cupcakes all over the place I see.

    You are disgustingly pretentious. No matter what I say you'll twist it to your backwards logic.

1 2 ›