Oni is garbage

What a loser Oni became. RIP oni, not gonna touch you garbage collecter again.

Back to Billy, I guess.

Gg devs, you really know how to balance around sweaty tryhards. NOT.

Comments

  • @DwightOP said:

    What a ######### killer Oni became. Rip oni, not gonna touch you loser again.

    Back to Billy.

    Gg devs, you really know how to balance around high ranks NOT.

    Wow, you are really bad at him then. I get a great amount of kills throughout my matches. Feelsbadman.

  • @Thomasthetrain said:

    The thing is:

    if you balance only around high ranks,new players are gonna find themselves not having a good time and that would send away potential customers.

    Devs said they try to balance for all ranks.

    That being said, I think Oni needs the last fix to his flick reverted.

    That would be a good start. ๐Ÿ™‚

    I still don't understand this idea that balancing around high-level play makes low-level players unable to enjoy the game. Many games do this successfully; what makes DBD unable to do that?

  • I love Oni to death, but the fact of the matter is that he's a snowball killer. And if you can't get an M1 hit on a survivor who knows they can deny you their power by not getting hit by your basic attack, your fury mode is basically worthless to you.

  • @Thomasthetrain said:

    The thing is:

    if you balance only around high ranks,new players are gonna find themselves not having a good time and that would send away potential customers.

    Devs said they try to balance for all ranks.

    That being said, I think Oni needs the last fix to his flick reverted.

    That would be a good start. ๐Ÿ™‚

    You miss this: oni had a skill cap, flicking pre nerf wasn't something simple done by every random.

  • @SlimyTaco said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/115990/oni-is-dogshit

    Wow, you are really bad at him then. I get a great amount of kills throughout my matches. Feelsbadman.

    Im definently Not. I run onis around like nothing, even in fury. Survivor mains like Ussilys himself laughs about oni and says how dogshit he is now.

    Sorry to break it down to you bud: your great matches were just against some potatoes. I can kill potatoes with one hand aswell.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/952005#Comment_952005

    Im definently Not. I run onis around like nothing, even in fury. Survivor mains like Ussilys himself laughs about oni and says how dogshit he is now.

    Sorry to break it down to you bud: your great matches were just against some potatoes. I can kill potatoes with one hand aswell.

    I guess consistent kills in red ranks means nothing then lol.

  • @Thomasthetrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/952015#Comment_952015

    Its way different in DBD's case.

    I mean, look at how many new players think killers are incredibly OP and we know how the wind blows at red ranks.

    What makes it way different? What you describe can easily be attributed to just scrub mentality, which is not uncommon in games in general.

  • @SlimyTaco said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/952023#Comment_952023

    I guess consistent kills in red ranks means nothing then lol.

    Can you stream some gameplay of him?

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/952037#Comment_952037

    What makes it way different? What you describe can easily be attributed to just scrub mentality, which is not uncommon in games in general.

    "Scrub mentality" being a thing only applies to competitive games, which is not DBD's case.

    The disparity between the rate at which survivors and killers improve is too great to balance around a hypothetical highest level. It works on more competitive games because of their 1v1 nature. Say it's a fighting game. You can check for matchup outliers at tournaments and characters that don't get used at all and balance accordingly. At a low level the only thing you need to do is stop zoning characters from dumpstering all the scrubs, which is relatively easy to do from a design standpoint.

    Now think about DBD. The learning curve for a new survivor player is MUCH steeper than for a new killer player. Survivors who can't run tiles get dumpstered, killers who can't run tiles dumpster survivors who can't. And since it's an asymetrical game with two very distinct roles, it's a lot different to make the right design choices so that matches aren't that different at opposite ranks.

    Another problem is how few people are actually decent at the game. Apart from a very small minority, few people play to improve, because of the lack of a competitive nature and ranking status in the game. In League of Legends, you climb because it's cool to show off your elo. In fighting games, there are quite a few cosmetic rewards, at least in the ones I play. But most importantly, improving feels a lot more rewarding in those games than DBD. We don't have a legit ranking system. People can't even define what a win is in this game. You can only start balancing around the highest level once you have more competitive integrity (which involves less randomness, better map design, a good ranking system and more people taking the game seriously which will never happen imo) and better design failsafes to keep it from ruining the experience for less skilled players. You should not balance a party game around the best 1% if it will make the game objectively worse for everyone else.

    TL/DR dbd is not as honest or rewarding as a competitive game as legit competitive games and should not be balanced around the best players at the cost of everyone else

  • Oni is such a huge disappointment. I was so excited when they announced him but honestly he sucks so bad. Survivors get an audible cue that his power is fully charged, which is bullshit. Not only that but they get a second cue when he activates it that can be heard from anywhere in the map, forcing them to just hide. Looping him is super easy and it's difficult to catch someone with his power hit if they are a decent player.

  • You pretty much have to run spirit fury enduring on him now. Oni's a basic m1 killer (a tall one at that) for most of the game. He needs an edge in the early game, like Myers; otherwise he'll remain lower-mid tier.

  • Removing the flick exposed his flaws it made up for..no canceling his swing to fake it means he has no mind games with it, at tiles he cant lunge around corners so his swings are weaker in power than his m1 mode which says a lot, his turning speed is slow on top of limited making dodges laughable and easy..

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/952005#Comment_952005

    Im definently Not. I run onis around like nothing, even in fury. Survivor mains like Ussilys himself laughs about oni and says how dogshit he is now.

    Sorry to break it down to you bud: your great matches were just against some potatoes. I can kill potatoes with one hand aswell.

    This. Sadly.

  • Oni is mediocre. In other games, usually this means "if you sweat like a champ you could scrape up a win vs good teams." In this game, it's just another word for dookie.

  • @SlimyTaco said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/115990/oni-is-dogshit

    Wow, you are really bad at him then. I get a great amount of kills throughout my matches. Feelsbadman.

    You are playing against bots then, as his flick now is proven to be weak

  • @SlimyTaco said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/115990/oni-is-dogshit

    Wow, you are really bad at him then. I get a great amount of kills throughout my matches. Feelsbadman.

    That's why no one plays him. Legions are way more than Oni's.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/952040#Comment_952040

    "Scrub mentality" being a thing only applies to competitive games, which is not DBD's case.

    The disparity between the rate at which survivors and killers improve is too great to balance around a hypothetical highest level. It works on more competitive games because of their 1v1 nature. Say it's a fighting game. You can check for matchup outliers at tournaments and characters that don't get used at all and balance accordingly. At a low level the only thing you need to do is stop zoning characters from dumpstering all the scrubs, which is relatively easy to do from a design standpoint.

    Now think about DBD. The learning curve for a new survivor player is MUCH steeper than for a new killer player. Survivors who can't run tiles get dumpstered, killers who can't run tiles dumpster survivors who can't. And since it's an asymetrical game with two very distinct roles, it's a lot different to make the right design choices so that matches aren't that different at opposite ranks.

    Another problem is how few people are actually decent at the game. Apart from a very small minority, few people play to improve, because of the lack of a competitive nature and ranking status in the game. In League of Legends, you climb because it's cool to show off your elo. In fighting games, there are quite a few cosmetic rewards, at least in the ones I play. But most importantly, improving feels a lot more rewarding in those games than DBD. We don't have a legit ranking system. People can't even define what a win is in this game. You can only start balancing around the highest level once you have more competitive integrity (which involves less randomness, better map design, a good ranking system and more people taking the game seriously which will never happen imo) and better design failsafes to keep it from ruining the experience for less skilled players. You should not balance a party game around the best 1% if it will make the game objectively worse for everyone else.

    TL/DR dbd is not as honest or rewarding as a competitive game as legit competitive games and should not be balanced around the best players at the cost of everyone else

    " 'Scrub mentality' being a thing only applies to competitive games, which is not DBD's case."

    I don't see how. It is more than possible to have a scrub mentality for less competitive games. Getting mad because the die roll didn't favor you in a board game when you went for a greed play instead of something safer.

    From what you're describing, the solution would be to simply be more lenient to Survivors at lower levels and then remove the training wheels as you reach higher groups to make things harder and force them to gradually improve. If they don't play to improve, then that's entirely on them.

    @Thomasthetrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/952040#Comment_952040

    DBD is a game that requires a relatively high skill floor.

    To be decent at the game you need a lot of practice and patience,Imo.

    Imagine if we started balancing ONLY around red ranks.

    It would be much harder for a new player to "git gud", you know.

    This is my opinion tho, I understand why some people would think its better to balance around high ranks only.

    This applies to other games that balance at high level, though.

  • @Thomasthetrain said:

    The thing is:

    if you balance only around high ranks,new players are gonna find themselves not having a good time and that would send away potential customers.

    Devs said they try to balance for all ranks.

    That being said, I think Oni needs the last fix to his flick reverted.

    That would be a good start. ๐Ÿ™‚

    Yeah, hard to play killers definitely was the most annoying part start playing this game, not the massive grind to catch up. Grinding perks, killers, survivors, add-ons and offerings to the point where I finally could experience the full game and start testing out different build instead running BBQ and farming for BP. +1

  • "Oni is dogs**t."

    Great Oni Players:

    A897EF89-943D-4C69-BB9C-DA9D0079759C.jpeg


  • I think part of the problem is inconsistent matches. If you are around rank 15 say, and know if you screw up you can depip or even derank it makes matches where the killer decides you are either the weakest link or maybe they simply dont like your character that much harder to handle.

    You get a match in which you last around two minutes and your total blood score is like under 2,000. So you try again and again and sometimes you pip up, and other times you wish your team wasnt so useless at the game.

    You would think as you start playing with more experienced survivors against more experienced killers that you would get better...but...

    Can we please have an option where I cant depip so I can actually see what dam rank I would be if every other match wasnt a tunnel fest with potatoes.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/952071#Comment_952071

    " 'Scrub mentality' being a thing only applies to competitive games, which is not DBD's case."

    I don't see how. It is more than possible to have a scrub mentality for less competitive games. Getting mad because the die roll didn't favor you in a board game when you went for a greed play instead of something safer.

    From what you're describing, the solution would be to simply be more lenient to Survivors at lower levels and then remove the training wheels as you reach higher groups to make things harder and force them to gradually improve. If they don't play to improve, then that's entirely on them.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/952087#Comment_952087

    This applies to other games that balance at high level, though.

    Being more lenient how? Making the game fundamentally different at different ranks? I'm not sure that's good design.

    What would the cuttoff be, considering even red ranks can (and often are) terrible at the game?

    Scrub mentality is getting unfairly mad at the game instead of yourself for your losses. How does that apply to a game where quite a lot of the time the game IS, indeed, to blame? How does that apply to a game with zero competitive integrity?

    What do you suggest balancing around? Generally that's done around data, but the data itself doesn't support what the majority of the community thinks of the game. What then? Are we gonna buff survivors or make changes counterintuitive to the data?

    I stand by my opinion that this game needs to take itself seriously before it's balanced around high ranks. Especially considering half of high ranks are as much of a joke as green ranks, and if we make ranking up stricter, surprise, there's no one at red ranks around to balance the game for anymore.

    Perfect balance isn't even a necessity. What we have is almost perfect now imo. A lot of perfectly balanced games have died for being too boring, and a lot of unbalanced messes are still loved by their communities. Not all games are born competitive, and I hope DBD never takes itself that seriously. It might just ruin the game.

  • I still like the Oni, despite the heavy nerf he got recently. But sometimes, I just want to bite into my keboard when playing against good Survivors. He is super easy to loop and hitting survivors while coming out of the demon strike only works occasionaly on unexpierenced survivors (which are nor very common when playing in red ranks), or if I manage to catch them off guard.

    All in all, the devs ruined most of the fun I had playing him on PTB and pre-flick nerf. That is just very sad. But I can still manage to stay on Rank 1 with him most of the time, even though I downpip a few games in a row sometimes.

    When I face Oni as a Survivor I already know, that it will be pracitcally a free escape cause dodging his demon strike is ridiculously easy.

  • @tak47888 said:

    I still like the Oni, despite the heavy nerf he got recently. But sometimes, I just want to bite into my keboard when playing against good Survivors. He is super easy to loop and hitting survivors while coming out of the demon strike only works occasionaly on unexpierenced survivors (which are nor very common when playing in red ranks), or if I manage to catch them off guard.

    All in all, the devs ruined most of the fun I had playing him on PTB and pre-flick nerf. That is just very sad. But I can still manage to stay on Rank 1 with him most of the time, even though I downpip a few games in a row sometimes.

    When I face Oni as a Survivor I already know, that it will be pracitcally a free escape cause dodging his demon strike is ridiculously easy.

    I really like him aswell, I was fully committed to main him. But he is very frustating and weak now, nerfing his flick to nearly not existing is just wrong. Why should ever pick oni over Billy? As billy I don't have to wait for my power, I have huge map pressure from the very first second of the match, I can one shot survivors, I can curve around tiles to anti loop, I can break pallets very fast, I dont have timer on my neck for my power... Oni just doesnt deliver anything anymore compared to Billy. His flick was the main selling point compared to Billy. But now it's gone. Now he is garbage.

  • I disagree i honestly think Oni is really good as he is now even on console. If you're not good with the dash just dash to get close stop then just use the attack.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    I disagree i honestly think Oni is really good as he is now even on console. If you're not good with the dash just dash to get close stop then just use the attack.

    Why should I pick oni over Billy then? He is a castrated version of Billy with a power limitation and nerfed flick. And we all know that even Billy can have a hard time against well coordinated swf groups on a strong map

  • @Thomasthetrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/952015#Comment_952015

    Its way different in DBD's case.

    I mean, look at how many new players think killers are incredibly OP and we know how the wind blows at red ranks.

    What do you mean by 'at red ranks'?

    Don't the Developer stats released 1 month ago show that Red Rank Killers have an even higher killrate than other ranks? Plus all the games where Survivors D/C aren't included.

    @Peanits said:

    Stats are back at last! We've taken some time to gather some data and make some fancy graphs for your viewing pleasure. Be sure to let us know if you'd like to see more regular stat releases in the future! Since it has been a while since we last shared stats, these graphs show data from the past three months unless otherwise stated. Please keep in mind that numbers are not everything; there are a whole bunch of factors that could influence these numbers.

    Note: If you're having trouble viewing the charts, clicking on them will open a larger version.

    Killer power vs. popularity

    Starting off with how frequently killers are played compared to how well they tend to do on average. A 50% kill rate would be the equivalent of two survivors dying and two survivors escaping.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/230/KSPIKOCTC8RD.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/910/6KD3I8P3L1V9.png

    Maps

    We went ahead and checked which three maps are safest and which three are the most dangerous.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/275/ZYOLAR28JADQ.png

    Mid-chapter 3.3.0: Outcome

    The Nurse was changed in the last mid-chapter patch, and we've been keeping an eye on her performance since then. Below, we've listed her performance on PC before and after the changes, both in all ranks and in red ranks. Like the charts above, the numbers shown here are her kill rates (where 50% means two survivors escape and two die).

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/864/BDOZ0GYZMPZW.png


  • Oni isn't bad... He's just a big steaming pile of horse ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ.

  • The Oni has the same problem as every other killer in this game now that they butchered the nurse. He can be effective against the majority of players in this game. Even against a lot of rank 1s. But the truly good survivors....the ones that use to only worry about nurse, ######### all over oni like they do every killer now.

  • @ImmortalReaver said:

    Oni is such a huge disappointment. I was so excited when they announced him but honestly he sucks so bad. Survivors get an audible cue that his power is fully charged, which is bullshit. Not only that but they get a second cue when he activates it that can be heard from anywhere in the map, forcing them to just hide. Looping him is super easy and it's difficult to catch someone with his power hit if they are a decent player.

    Activate his power after you hook someone. That's what I do and it always works. I run around patrolling the nearrst gens and the hook. If they hide for too long the hooked survivor will die or enter the second stage of the sacrifice, most survivors will be forced to go for the save.

  • @Xerge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/952075#Comment_952075

    Activate his power after you hook someone. That's what I do and it always works. I run around patrolling the nearrst gens and the hook. If they hide for too long the hooked survivor will die or enter the second stage of the sacrifice, most survivors will be forced to go for the save.

    Kinda boring playstyle tho, I prefer to chase many survivors a lot instead of proxy camping

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/953829#Comment_953829

    Kinda boring playstyle tho, I prefer to chase many survivors a lot instead of proxy camping

    After you patrol all the nearest gens and the hook and you don't find anyone you can run to the gens that are further away and in case you don't find anyone there either return to the hook. You will most likely catch someone off guard or going for the save. I don't get bored because I always find someone; mostly someone going for the save, but I've also caught some survivors off guard.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    the majority of oni players I play against have their power available the whole match because his power is so easy to get , he is a one shot + can travel the whole map very quick + perks like bbq or ruin and pop to make you very strong yet that is not enough for you? his nerf is well deserved he was way to strong either keep him the same or revert the flick nerf and make his power harder to get.

    His power is only easy to get, when survivors dont know how to loop him in his normal form. He is just a basic M1 Killer and needs to hit 2 healthy survivors in the beginning of a match to gain access to his power (or ######### around with one injured survivor for about a minute). This is already long enough to build up his power. Make it even harder, and he will fall into D Tier, right after Clown. By this time, 2-3 gens are often done. The nerf of his flick took his potential, to be effective against strong survivors completely. He gets destroyed by loops and he can only deal with genspeed when snowball effect kicks in. You still can play him on red ranks though, but as far as my experiences are, you will have a ######### hard time and depipping will happen quite often, as long as you don't play like a dickhead or get a group of snowflakes as survivors.

    I am already looking forward when they revert the nerf to his flick. The nerf was not deserved and well over the top. He already got a triple nerf on realease. It was way more fun to play him in the first week of his release, now he just feels clunky to play, not really a fun experience. But eh, I don't really expect the devs to create some fun killers, who are actually strong in the future. Seems they are really afraid of viable killers.

  • @tak47888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/953889#Comment_953889

    His power is only easy to get, when survivors dont know how to loop him in his normal form. He is just a basic M1 Killer and needs to hit 2 healthy survivors in the beginning of a match to gain access to his power (or ######### around with one injured survivor for about a minute). This is already long enough to build up his power. Make it even harder, and he will fall into D Tier, right after Clown. By this time, 2-3 gens are often done. The nerf of his flick took his potential, to be effective against strong survivors completely. He gets destroyed by loops and he can only deal with genspeed when snowball effect kicks in. You still can play him on red ranks though, but as far as my experiences are, you will have a ######### hard time and depipping will happen quite often, as long as you don't play like a dickhead or get a group of snowflakes as survivors.

    I am already looking forward when they revert the nerf to his flick. The nerf was not deserved and well over the top. He already got a triple nerf on realease. It was way more fun to play him in the first week of his release, now he just feels clunky to play, not really a fun experience. But eh, I don't really expect the devs to create some fun killers, who are actually strong in the future. Seems they are really afraid of viable killers.

    As I know bhvr, they won't revert it. They will just ignore it like the nurse nerf complains and act as if everything is totally fine.

  • Can't speak for PC but on console hes total trash tier

  • @DwightOP said:

    What a loser Oni became. RIP oni, not gonna touch you garbage collecter again.

    Back to Billy, I guess.

    Gg devs, you really know how to balance around sweaty tryhards. NOT.

    i mained him since he came to PTB before i didnt have a main and billy just didnt feel like him.. oni is clunky and hard to do good at but once u know what ur doing its actually going well. still waiting for his dash tweaks next patch but i dont see myself not playing him, hes the only killer i can have fun at alot of games in a row. im almost always rank 6 and get matched vs mostly red rank survivors if thats something that matters.. but for me billy just dont feel like oni, avoided billy before oni and will do the same after oni.

    EDIT: i dont care about my rank so dont call me tryhard


  • Im sorry but Oni on consoles feels really good and funny, It isnt mandatory to hit someone with his dash but when you got the chance or a little mindgame you got the hit.

    @joker7997 said:

    Can't speak for PC but on console hes total trash tier

    If PC players dont feel ight with him idk whats wrong with them cuause Oni isnt a Hillbilly at all and its strong (stronger with ruin with those laggy skillchecks lol) even more with a slugging build.

    If Oni "got fixed" on PC then Consoles should get that benefit!

  • @TheEdMaverick said:

    Im sorry but Oni on consoles feels really good and funny, It isnt mandatory to hit someone with his dash but when you got the chance or a little mindgame you got the hit.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954164#Comment_954164

    If PC players dont feel ight with him idk whats wrong with them cuause Oni isnt a Hillbilly at all and its strong (stronger with ruin with those laggy skillchecks lol) even more with a slugging build.

    If Oni "got fixed" on PC then Consoles should get that benefit!

    My experience trying him as killer and going against him as survivor beg to differ lol

  • @Noobe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/115990/oni-is-garbage

    i mained him since he came to PTB before i didnt have a main and billy just didnt feel like him.. oni is clunky and hard to do good at but once u know what ur doing its actually going well. still waiting for his dash tweaks next patch but i dont see myself not playing him, hes the only killer i can have fun at alot of games in a row. im almost always rank 6 and get matched vs mostly red rank survivors if thats something that matters.. but for me billy just dont feel like oni, avoided billy before oni and will do the same after oni.

    EDIT: i dont care about my rank so dont call me tryhard

    What dash tweaks?


  • well while ur dashing ur supposed to be able to turn 90 degrees at max wich is very clunky rn so the change will make it u can move more freely during m1 while dashing.. they said its coming next patch but idk when next patch is.. ill try to find the dev post about it, brb

  • @Noobe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954276#Comment_954276

    well while ur dashing ur supposed to be able to turn 90 degrees at max wich is very clunky rn so the change will make it u can move more freely during m1 while dashing.. they said its coming next patch but idk when next patch is.. ill try to find the dev post about it, brb

    Uhm, that's the flick I was talking about? And as far as I know it's intentionally clunky aka garbage now. Unless I missed a statement from bhvr.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954303#Comment_954303

    Uhm, that's the flick I was talking about? And as far as I know it's intentionally clunky aka garbage now. Unless I missed a statement from bhvr.

    i cant find it but i asked some people and tell u if they know anything.. i just know that around the 19th they said that the oni change will get tweaked next patch but since they went on vacation idk when that is.. but they will keep it so u cant turn beyond 90 degrees but u will be able to move more freely and able to turn easier and faster.. if im wrong at anything plz dont get mad since i havent tested it yet and im just saying what i saw

    EDIT: https://prnt.sc/qhoatl found this that confirms i didnt dream about it but rn im pretty nervous that it was a dream since i cant find proof XD

  • @Noobe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954326#Comment_954326

    i cant find it but i asked some people and tell u if they know anything.. i just know that around the 19th they said that the oni change will get tweaked next patch but since they went on vacation idk when that is.. but they will keep it so u cant turn beyond 90 degrees but u will be able to move more freely and able to turn easier and faster.. if im wrong at anything plz dont get mad since i havent tested it yet and im just saying what i saw

    EDIT: https://prnt.sc/qhoatl found this that confirms i didnt dream about it but rn im pretty nervous that it was a dream since i cant find proof XD

    I won't get mad mate, I'm just curious :D

  • well i cant find anything but im 99.99% sure they are tweaking it next patch with those exact changes i said(kinda)

  • @Noobe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954379#Comment_954379

    well i cant find anything but im 99.99% sure they are tweaking it next patch with those exact changes i said(kinda)

    Hopefully u are right, oni really needs something

  • ive been talking about this change they posted about for a very long time and are very hyped until next patch but i only found 1 comment talking about it so im very nervous it was a dream but at the same time im 100% sure it wasnt XD i have been mentioning it to long and to much for it to be a dream

  • Just bring us back the flick it's so clunky to play with in his power right now . Not touching him until they change this

  • I'd rather play Leatherface than this clunky mess of a killer. At least Leatherface is a big meme and hilarious to annoy people with. Oni is just depressing...

  • Oni is just a worse-in-every-way Billy. Just play Billy, Oni is just a weaker version of him in every aspect.

  • @last0ne said:

    Just bring us back the flick it's so clunky to play with in his power right now . Not touching him until they change this

    @HollowsGrief said:

    Oni is just a worse-in-every-way Billy. Just play Billy, Oni is just a weaker version of him in every aspect.

    as i said.. he is getting tweaks next patch and also billy doesnt have the same mobility or skillcap or lunge but is still good in the right hands

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/952014#Comment_952014

    I still don't understand this idea that balancing around high-level play makes low-level players unable to enjoy the game. Many games do this successfully; what makes DBD unable to do that?

    Well think about it. You get a survivor main who dumps points into a certain killer, leveling them up without playing them. Then they start playing at rank 20 killer, but could be rank 6 survivor with map and loop knowledge.

    That rank 20 killer goes into match with 4 perks top tier against rank 20 survivors who are new to the game. How do you think it goes?


    on top of that, you can be a rank 18-20 killer with no prior game knowledge and still easily 4K with the right killer ( hag, billy, oni,spirit). I know because I see it all the time.

โ€น 1 2