Something needs to be done about Ebony mori

Ive noticed how the devs have the logic of nerfing killers and aspects of the game that don’t need a nerf, but have refused to nerf ebony mori, the strongest most overpowered aspect of this game.

seriously.

think about this:

-a game can basically end in 5 minutes with mori, incomparable to a key which requires generators to be progressed through (with ruin most of the time)

-this offering, which is hated by the majority of the community, has been ignored. Why? No clue. the Devs must have their ears plugged.

Just please change it! it’s getting on my last nerve, especially during rank reset where killers find the need to have it every match.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @StrodeWins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918931#Comment_918931

    exactly. keys actually require work. mori=tunnel and kill immediately.


    Survivor bias is strong with this one. Suggesting that catching, hooking and catching a survivor again isn't work.

    Ever thought about focusing on gens or playing more safe (like dropping pallets earlier so you don't risk giving killer early hook to fuel his mori) when you see unknown offering ? You can't get moried if you do gens/escape before killer manages to catch you the second time.

    It sounds to me like you're just salty that killers you play against didn't want to get bullied by your SWF team so they took a mori as counterbalance. I play solo survivor and I see mori in like 1 out of 20 games at red ranks and even some of those we manage to escape without anyone getting moried if my teammates actually do gens insted of hook rushing for free points.

  • @StrodeWins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918536#Comment_918536

    maybe if solo surv was viable then we wouldn’t need SWF. 4 solos= guaranteed killer win at high ranks.

    nice try with that double standard though..

    That doesn’t make sense? I would much rather go against an average SWF than four good solo survivors. Doesn’t matter if they have comms or not, if they’re bad then it’s not hard to deal with them. Plus most SWF groups are extremely altruistic and throw themselves at the killer.

    If all four solo survivors know what they’re doing then it isn’t a “guaranteed killer win”.

  • @StrodeWins said:

    Ive noticed how the devs have the logic of nerfing killers and aspects of the game that don’t need a nerf, but have refused to nerf ebony mori, the strongest most overpowered aspect of this game.

    seriously.

    think about this:

    -a game can basically end in 5 minutes with mori, incomparable to a key which requires generators to be progressed through (with ruin most of the time)

    -this offering, which is hated by the majority of the community, has been ignored. Why? No clue. the Devs must have their ears plugged.

    Just please change it! it’s getting on my last nerve, especially during rank reset where killers find the need to have it every match.

    One gen solo takes 80 seconds so with 3 one separate gens over half the game is done is one minute 20 seconds the fastest a killer can hook (with basics no insta down) is around 13 seconds (if a survivor stands under a hook and dosnt move so so long as a surv is good and has perks that give them a second chance 80 seconds for one hook is reasonable so games can end for survivors easily in under 5 mins

  • @StrodeWins said:

    Ive noticed how the devs have the logic of nerfing killers and aspects of the game that don’t need a nerf, but have refused to nerf ebony mori, the strongest most overpowered aspect of this game.

    seriously.

    think about this:

    -a game can basically end in 5 minutes with mori, incomparable to a key which requires generators to be progressed through (with ruin most of the time)

    -this offering, which is hated by the majority of the community, has been ignored. Why? No clue. the Devs must have their ears plugged.

    Just please change it! it’s getting on my last nerve, especially during rank reset where killers find the need to have it every match.

    When survivors gen rush it'll even in about 5 min. I consider it an even trast, especially since you can gen rush without having offerings.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @PistolTimb said:

    It's been said a million times. You can't nerf Moris without nerfing keys. Both are unfair and cheap AF

    I mean... I find it a lot more fun to hunt people with keys, even without moris attached.

    Plus, on my survivor side, I enjoy trying to escape killera much more if I know they have an advantage.


    Honestly they aren't cheap. If you don't like it, then you don't have to use it or anything like that.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    hopefully mid chapter they finally get gutted

    then they should gut them along with toolboxes and keys

  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918473#Comment_918473

    then they should gut them along with toolboxes and keys

    just keys.

    toolboxes are fine.

  • @Timmylaw said:

    Pretty simple solution, mori becomes usable after all survivors have been hooked once. Voila, no more tunneling first survivor off hook.

    i really like this change. it encourages immersive gameplay and discourages tunneling to make a fair/fun game.

  • They already nerfed the moris but I guess that was not enough for survivor mains. How can it be nerfed anymore? I think it’s fair where it currently stands and I wish survivor mains would stop crying nerf this nerf that and no I’m not a killer main as I play both sides equally.

  • @Timmylaw said:

    Pretty simple solution, mori becomes usable after all survivors have been hooked once. Voila, no more tunneling first survivor off hook.

    This seems reasonable to me, actually

  • @Overlord_Will said:

    They already nerfed the moris but I guess that was not enough for survivor mains. How can it be nerfed anymore? I think it’s fair where it currently stands and I wish survivor mains would stop crying nerf this nerf that and no I’m not a killer main as I play both sides equally.

    how is it still fair tho?

    it was originally nerfed because you could mori on first down, so that nerf was more than necessary.

    mori needs more of a nerf though. it’s just enough game breaking to annoy survivors, because the game is ended too quickly.

    its boring.

    not even a key permits this: gens have to be done which take time

    mori? just camp and kill off hook, no worries.

    (i do think keys should get nerfed as well though)

  • My guess is they'll look at them this summer. Along with keys. They'll have to hit keys at the same time, or killers will riot.

  • @Apple2o said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918460#Comment_918460

    I had a game earlier today where I walked to ruin, stalked it as ghostface, got a 4 man exposed into a 4 man slug and the game was literally over in the first minute. My best ghostface game I have ever had.

    and a depip, lol

  • Problem is, too many Killers use it as a way to just win the game when the best way to use it is to add tension to the game.

    One of my favorite tricks back in the days before everybody started DCing the moment a secret offering came up was to hold back on using the Mori to begin with (this was the pre-nerf Mori). That makes people think you might just have a Yellow Mori and thus they get brave and come out more. We get more of a game and people get to have a bit of fun. Then... when you got several people down on the ground, you reveal the terror of what you have and revel in the despair...

    But downing people the moment you get one down? Co'mon, that's a misuse of the offering. Especially when it actually hurts your rank to use it ASAP

  • @MissKitty95 said:

    Still to this day I have never been moried in this game how you ask ? Oh that’s leave button is my best friend you try and r1 me il leave .... idc I love seeing them stand over you and then poof nothing and now there daily hasn’t been completed :) I no very toxic but explain to me why you should get to murder me after my first hook pfff you shan’t and won’t and never will ohh bring a Mori hook tunnel kill ... how about hook me tunnel me and I leave... this is the only time il blatantly disconnect.. but you can’t say you ruin other people’s game by leaving well no because I would of been dead so my d/c don’t matter only effects the killer and tbh idc you want to be toxic and bring that in il be toxic back remember you need survivors to kill and get points il deny you of all of that on principle

    Soon you're gonna be banned for this :) (if they ever add the time thing)

  • @terumisan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918482#Comment_918482

    How are keys much weaker? Keys have no counterplay since if you bring Franklin's it can be picked back up not to mention plunderers counters it too also the hatch spawns regardless if the survivors win or lose so if they brought a key in or even worse found it in a chest it's a guaranteed escape even if you previously closed the hatch

    What about playing a match with an Ebony against 4 keys and see who escapes or kills more

  • @Sluzzy said:

    I think survivors have forgotten the Mori has already been heavily nerfed. Originally you could Mori without hooking first. It's funny that now the top viable killers have been nerfed into the ground for the appeasement of survivors that the Mori is suddenly a problem. Could it be that there is no killers are a problem and the Mori is the only thing left? Or, is it because killers are using the Mori more often now in hopes for a fair match?

    "in hopes for a fair match"..... if an killer thinks that an match with an mori will be fair he's probbaly bad

  • Well we are waiting for the moris for ever. I just don't see it how they can change it in any way that justify them. Mu suggestion was to put them on a weekly cooldown where u can use 1 perk iller every week. For both Red and Green Mori. Being usable on last hook is not an answer because they cannot be interrupt while the last hook can be by many other perks/ items/other survivors and we are talking about offering here.


    And since many are talking about keys here as if they are the same I'd gladly have keys being offerings too - that way they may feel actually anything remotely close to the mori.

  • that’s rarely the case with ruin and thanat combo.

    honestly to fix this devs should just make thanat basekit.

    why not? won’t hurt.

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    Both that and Ivory should be death hook only.

    Some people think Ivory's fine, but I honestly don't think so. Removing 1 person from the game is incredibly strong and slows the game down tremendously. Both should be nerfed.

    If a survivor is on death hook there is no point to using a mori. I don't know why people keep saying this. If you're on death hook I'd rather just hook you again and get more points.

  • @Timmylaw said:

    Pretty simple solution, mori becomes usable after all survivors have been hooked once. Voila, no more tunneling first survivor off hook.

    This is the only nerf to mori offerings that makes sense. Survivors have to do generators to get their hatch escapes, killers should have to hook everyone once to use their mori.

  • @MissKitty95 said:

    Still to this day I have never been moried in this game how you ask ? Oh that’s leave button is my best friend you try and r1 me il leave .... idc I love seeing them stand over you and then poof nothing and now there daily hasn’t been completed :) I no very toxic but explain to me why you should get to murder me after my first hook pfff you shan’t and won’t and never will ohh bring a Mori hook tunnel kill ... how about hook me tunnel me and I leave... this is the only time il blatantly disconnect.. but you can’t say you ruin other people’s game by leaving well no because I would of been dead so my d/c don’t matter only effects the killer and tbh idc you want to be toxic and bring that in il be toxic back remember you need survivors to kill and get points il deny you of all of that on principle

    Look out, we got a badass over here.

  • @StrodeWins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918931#Comment_918931

    exactly. keys actually require work. mori=tunnel and kill immediately.

    Keys require 3 people holding m1 for 80 seconds or less if they got toolboxes. Since you got a team of 4 people and the killer has no pressure at the start of the game, this is ridiculously easy to accomplish lmao. Sure, sure when there's 2 gens left technically only 2 survivors can escape through the hatch, but that doesn't change the fact the killer depips and that it is unfun just like mories for survivors.

  • @Polychrome_Baku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/919347#Comment_919347

    This is the only nerf to mori offerings that makes sense. Survivors have to do generators to get their hatch escapes, killers should have to hook everyone once to use their mori.

    That would make the Mori useless. It would once again be completely abused by SWF which is why you want this, the fourth person could hide and do nothing while the other 3 do gens.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/919854#Comment_919854

    That would make the Mori useless. It would once again be completely abused by SWF which is why you want this, the fourth person could hide and do nothing while the other 3 do gens.

    no it wouldn’t. the killer would actually have to work for their mori, and find everybody.

    just like survs have to WORK for hatch with a key.

    moris are CHEAP atm

  • @Sluzzy said:

    I think survivors have forgotten the Mori has already been heavily nerfed. Originally you could Mori without hooking first. It's funny that now the top viable killers have been nerfed into the ground for the appeasement of survivors that the Mori is suddenly a problem. Could it be that there is no killers are a problem and the Mori is the only thing left? Or, is it because killers are using the Mori more often now in hopes for a fair match?

    The top "viable killers" are all still good killers with the right players. Spirit is almost unchanged, Nurse with a good player still has the best chance potential in the game, Oni's flick is being brought back. The top 3 killers will all still be in their same spots as before once Oni's flick comes back.

    If you consistently need a mori to play a fair game that's a problem with your skill at killer, not the game.

  • @StrodeWins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/919899#Comment_919899

    no it wouldn’t. the killer would actually have to work for their mori, and find everybody.

    just like survs have to WORK for hatch with a key.

    moris are CHEAP atm

    In a coordinated effort, that work is unattainable. If you spend the entire match looking for the 4th person, what do you think the other 3 are doing?

    Also, what is cheap is killing 3 with 5 gens still up and the hatch spawns under the feet of the 4th survivor that did nothing. Or if you close that hatch and they have a key to get out. As killer you were so good you killed 3 with 5 gens still up and the 4th escapes freely. The survivor did nothing towards their objective but they got a "free escape".

  • Yeah Keys and ebony Mori's just shouldn't exist.

    Actually no mori's should, instead they should just be a base part of the game, as like an alt to last hook or something

  • @Polychrome_Baku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918739#Comment_918739

    If a survivor is on death hook there is no point to using a mori. I don't know why people keep saying this. If you're on death hook I'd rather just hook you again and get more points.

    Avoids DS, avoids any kind of save attempt (bodyblocking, pallet save, flashlight save) and potentially saves time if a hook's far away.

    Still has its uses, but mainly it's just cool to mori someone.

  • @PistolTimb said:

    It's been said a million times. You can't nerf Moris without nerfing keys. Both are unfair and cheap AF

    But they nerfed insta heals without touching moris...

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/919854#Comment_919854

    That would make the Mori useless. It would once again be completely abused by SWF which is why you want this, the fourth person could hide and do nothing while the other 3 do gens.

    That's what they already seem to do when one of them is dead on hook btw.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    Ebony moris are the killers way of dealing with a SWF group. I hate it when people compare moris to keys as keys are much weaker but more annoying. If they nerf ebony moris then they should nerf SWF along with it. If they're not going to balance the game around SWF then ebonys should remain the same.

    Every single SWF game I play favors the killer. How is one red rank with three yellows vs a red rank killer in any way fair? We will play for three hours at a time and not once power all five gens. I face easier killers and get bored with how easy games are when I play solo. It's bad for the health of the game too because I've tried to get friends to play this game and they just get destroyed so easily they don't stick with the game.

  • ??

    I thought that everyone's game crashes when there's a mori. Thus it's pretty balanced as it is

  • also i love how killers are like “why did i get low bloodpoints”

    -because you brought a mori

    -because we all suicided on hook to play another round.

    -because you probably tunneled and camped to use your mori.

  • @RepliCant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918456#Comment_918456

    Wow, look, a comment that does nothing to contribute but offer a glimpse of your stupid petty in which has no real input whatsoever. Useful!

    Not sure why ebony's are being ignored along with keys.

    Because overnerfing and overbalance is boring, and the devs know that.

    Stop trying to be spoon fed victories. It's just a game.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918664#Comment_918664

    That doesn’t make sense? I would much rather go against an average SWF than four good solo survivors. Doesn’t matter if they have comms or not, if they’re bad then it’s not hard to deal with them. Plus most SWF groups are extremely altruistic and throw themselves at the killer.

    If all four solo survivors know what they’re doing then it isn’t a “guaranteed killer win”.

    Yeah, solos can be very good and I remember (pretty sure everyone was solo) when we faced each other, we still managed to escape, four good solo players can still beat killers and @StrodeWins I’d like to see keys and moris nerfed for the health of the game even though I’m fine with both.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918482#Comment_918482

    Every single SWF game I play favors the killer. How is one red rank with three yellows vs a red rank killer in any way fair? We will play for three hours at a time and not once power all five gens. I face easier killers and get bored with how easy games are when I play solo. It's bad for the health of the game too because I've tried to get friends to play this game and they just get destroyed so easily they don't stick with the game.

    fairMM.png

    It is fair.

  • @Polychrome_Baku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918739#Comment_918739

    If a survivor is on death hook there is no point to using a mori. I don't know why people keep saying this. If you're on death hook I'd rather just hook you again and get more points.

    This. The entire point of a mori is to bring a cinematic end to the survivor. It's a staple of the game.

    Next they'll want killers to have their lunge taken away.

    If anything, rework the rarity of them on the bloodweb. Make them super rare. But don't change their core functionality just because you take a video game too seriously and can't handle dying (not you @Polychrome_Baku, just in general).

    I think a lot of this stems from people teabagging, flashlighting etc and then getting their ego shut down by a mori. Nobody was complaining nearly as much about mori's before this newer generation of DBD players came from streamer communities.

  • @StrodeWins said:

    Ive noticed how the devs have the logic of nerfing killers and aspects of the game that don’t need a nerf, but have refused to nerf ebony mori, the strongest most overpowered aspect of this game.

    seriously.

    think about this:

    -a game can basically end in 5 minutes with mori, incomparable to a key which requires generators to be progressed through (with ruin most of the time)

    -this offering, which is hated by the majority of the community, has been ignored. Why? No clue. the Devs must have their ears plugged.

    Just please change it! it’s getting on my last nerve, especially during rank reset where killers find the need to have it every match.

    You know a key is effectively the same thing right? They Eliminate a huge part of the game and skip most of the objectives minus a bit. Sounds exactly like a mori as well. The only difference is while one can be found in game or brought in the other is a offering.

    Not only that both a key and a mori limit what the other side can do and can make the game play out completely different.

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/918750#Comment_918750

    "in hopes for a fair match"..... if an killer thinks that an match with an mori will be fair he's probbaly bad

    You sound like someone who has never played killer at any rank higher than 18 or so.

  • A key will probably mean 1 or sometimes 2 escapes... an ivory mori or ebony mori pretty much means the first person is tunneled out the game fast and the other survivors are likely not going to handle the lost man-power and all die resulting in a 4k for the killer.

    When it’s 3v1 you just slug... I don’t agree keys and moris are evenly comparable at all - unless it’s swf with a key.

  • @dont_ask_me_again said:

    A key will probably mean 1 or sometimes 2 escapes... an ivory mori or ebony mori pretty much means the first person is tunneled out the game fast and the other survivors are likely not going to handle the lost man-power and all die resulting in a 4k for the killer.

    When it’s 3v1 you just slug... I don’t agree keys and moris are evenly comparable at all - unless it’s swf with a key.

    "Pretty much means" - what ranks are you playing at? What killers are you playing against? I've been mori'd once in the last month, by a Pig, and she hardly tunneled. Hell, when I see a mori, I WANT that. I want to be mori'd. Being mori'd is fun. Apparently fun is something you're not looking for in a *video game*. Please stop trying to ruin the fun for the casual ones, aka the ones the game is designed for.

    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the arguments here are, if not manufactured completely, 100% exaggerated.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/920063#Comment_920063

    "Pretty much means" - what ranks are you playing at? What killers are you playing against? I've been mori'd once in the last month, by a Pig, and she hardly tunneled. Hell, when I see a mori, I WANT that. I want to be mori'd. Being mori'd is fun. Apparently fun is something you're not looking for in a *video game*. Please stop trying to ruin the fun for the casual ones, aka the ones the game is designed for.

    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the arguments here are, if not manufactured completely, 100% exaggerated.

    Casual means a lack of true ranking system with stats and mmr etc...

    It doesn’t mean throw all concept of balance out the window as any game that’s done that has failed.

  • @dont_ask_me_again said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/920077#Comment_920077

    Casual means a lack of true ranking system with stats and mmr etc...

    It doesn’t mean throw all concept of balance out the window as any game that’s done that has failed.

    Ranking system or not, this game is casual. The devs state it is, therefore it is. If you take it too seriously, that's your own problem. If it wasn't, ranks wouldn't reset every month, and there would be meaning to the ranks. Just so happens, you can achieve red rank survivor by literally playing more. It doesn't take a lot.

    It's not a matter of "throwing all balance out the window". The game is the most balanced it has ever been. That doesn't mean you have to overnerf and overbalance everything. Overbalance IS a thing. I hope to god BHVR doesn't listen to all this entitled dribble, cause that's what it is. A bunch of super sweaty players who take the game too seriously and want everything that is a threat nerfed into the ground. Listening to the community too much is what killed games like The Culling, and H1Z1; and I think the devs know that you and most of the people complaining relentlessly about these things *that aren't even close to happening often enough to be an epidemic* are just a vocal minority, and nothing more.

  • Nothing wrong with mori's, just make them less common in the bloodwebs. I seem to get way more of the ebonies than the ivories.

  • @The_Second_Coming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/920079#Comment_920079

    Ranking system or not, this game is casual. The devs state it is, therefore it is. If you take it too seriously, that's your own problem. If it wasn't, ranks wouldn't reset every month, and there would be meaning to the ranks. Just so happens, you can achieve red rank survivor by literally playing more. It doesn't take a lot.

    It's not a matter of "throwing all balance out the window". The game is the most balanced it has ever been. That doesn't mean you have to overnerf and overbalance everything. Overbalance IS a thing. I hope to god BHVR doesn't listen to all this entitled dribble, cause that's what it is. A bunch of super sweaty players who take the game too seriously and want everything that is a threat nerfed into the ground. Listening to the community too much is what killed games like The Culling, and H1Z1; and I think the devs know that you and most of the people complaining relentlessly about these things *that aren't even close to happening often enough to be an epidemic* are just a vocal minority, and nothing more.

    Dude, your comment makes zero sense from what mine stated. Other people want to play the game casually as much as you and if they don’t find mori’s fun... that’s you being entitled if that doesn’t matter to you... that’s why every game has balance casual or not.

1 2 3 4 5