Am I the only one seeing a severe lack of Oni's?

Red rank PS4 player here. I've played many matches as survivor since Oni's release yesterday, and only faced him about four times. The rest of the games have been Trapper, Michael, Spirit, Billy, Bubba, Pig to name a few.

I thought there was a lack of Demogorgon when he came out, but its even worse with Oni. Is this just me not seeing much of him?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Haven't seen a single Oni in my 16 games since yesterday. Not one.

    I'm purple ranks, btw.

  • Agreed. Red rank survivor as well and haven't seen him once. I play him all the time. But I haven't been able to find a single match tonight, killer or survivor.

  • Red rank on PS4. I've seen several.

  • Killers must be feeling disillusioned for some reason.

  • I wish I were seeing a severe lack of Onis.

  • When you nerf a killer for no real reason people may refuse to buy them.

    EDIT: No reason except some braindead streamers complaining about the lack of obviously existing counterplay.

  • Red rank killer and survivor PS4 here.

    Oni is harder to control on console. I played 3 games with him on release with tier 1 perks and no addons. The first game I only got like two hooks because I couldn't control his dash at all. By the third game I got a 2k but still had issues figuring out the best way to control it.

    I've mostly played survivor since release just for archive challenges, and I think I've only seen one Oni in about 20 survivor matches. Probably because people are giving up after only playing a few matches with him.

  • In every second game I see Oni. I am playing on pc in purple ranks currently.


    But well, cant wait to see a mix of different killers already.

  • Am i the only one who's here to see of anyone flame him for using severe incorrectly? (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

  • didn't buy him felt like a console nurse 2.0 situation just extremely hard for console

  • @hocrux said:

    Am i the only one who's here to see of anyone flame him for using severe incorrectly? (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

    In what way did he use it incorrectly?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I won’t be using him again anytime soon.

    I’m just glad I had enough BP, Dailies, and Shards for the Shrine banked up to unlock all his teachables immediately.

    I'm starting to regret being the sort of person who wants to have all teachables unlocked. With he and Yui on both sides, that's just 9 bloodwebs I'm never getting back.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892995#Comment_892995

    I'm starting to regret being the sort of person who wants to have all teachables unlocked. With he and Yui on both sides, that's just 9 bloodwebs I'm never getting back.

    The only yui perk I'll actually use is breakout any means necessary is a meme perk and lucky break seems pointless without iron will

  • Severe, i'm pretty sure it is use to represent/signify something grave/immediate/of upmost importance.

  • @hocrux said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893006#Comment_893006

    Severe, i'm pretty sure it is use to represent/signify something grave/immediate/of upmost importance.

    It doesn't necessarily indicate importance, just gravity. So a "severe lack" of something just means an extreme or significant lack, it's a perfectly valid way to use the word 😊

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893012#Comment_893012

    It doesn't necessarily indicate importance, just gravity. So a "severe lack" of something just means an extreme or significant lack, it's a perfectly valid way to use the word 😊

    Aight if you say so

    Screenshot_20191205-153725__01.jpg


  • I see more onis than demogorgons when the chapter was new. I maybe saw 1-2 demogorgons in 1 entire week of playing. Idk whats wrong in the last few months but it seems that the most of the ppl dont wants to play the new killer xD

  • I played a few rounds as him on PS4 last night, and against him several rounds yesterday morning but I’m not seeing him anymore either.

    I think there will be about as many console oni mains as there are console nurse mains. He has great mobility with his power and not much else. No flick to shut down loops and not enough sensitivity to hit anyone unless they run in a straight line.

    Feels bad.

  • The sarcasm and rudeness is unappreciated and unnecessary. There's no need to be like that over grammar. I don't mind if you believe me or not, but if you don't you can look up the term and see for yourself instead of insulting me.

    (EDIT: For anyone wondering what I'm going on about, the comment I was responding to was removed)

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893047#Comment_893047

    The sarcasm and rudeness is unappreciated and unnecessary. There's no need to be like that over grammar. I don't mind if you believe me or not, but if you don't you can look up the term and see for yourself instead of insulting me.

    You're right, i'm wrong. I apologise, there, hope that's closure for you. Rather not spam (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

  • in my opinion, you won't see to much Oni's at red (except if they reach red with other killer) because.

    1 Oni is slow like demogorgon, and at some ranks, you won't hit a good surv because Oni's power is not good at palet zones or jungle, then you loose the power.

    2 Oni is hard in open maps in a closed map sucks (3 of my 6 games where in hospital and demo's map)

    3 at red ranks, when you activate your power, all surv will be hidden, and you can run the entire map without see anyone till your power deactivate

    4 when your power is activated, and want to hit, the camera is so confusing and is difficult to see anything. the most times I hit a surv while running almost can't see him

    I love Oni, but I don't see him like a red rank killer (and due to cry's I'm sure devs will nerf him again)

    ps: sorry for my English, hope you understand

  • I played survivor all day yesterday on ps4 and got only one Oni. I haven't even got the new map yet

  • They’re using severe correctly... where you say “Severe, i'm pretty sure it is use to represent/signify something grave/immediate/of upmost importance.“

    Etymology:

    severe (adj.)

    1540s, from Middle French severe (12c., Modern French sévère) or directly from Latin severus "serious, grave, strict, austere," which is probably from PIE root *segh- "to have, hold," on the notion of "steadfastness, toughness." From 1660s with reference to styles or tastes; from 1725 of diseases.

    ...It has nothing to do with importance necessarily at the core but a quality possessing sturdiness in concept.

  • @dont_ask_me_again said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893047#Comment_893047

    They’re using severe correctly... where you say “Severe, i'm pretty sure it is use to represent/signify something grave/immediate/of upmost importance.“

    Etymology:

    severe (adj.)

    1540s, from Middle French severe (12c., Modern French sévère) or directly from Latin severus "serious, grave, strict, austere," which is probably from PIE root *segh- "to have, hold," on the notion of "steadfastness, toughness." From 1660s with reference to styles or tastes; from 1725 of diseases.

    ...It has nothing to do with importance necessarily at the core but a quality possessing sturdiness.

    Read my earlier post before you butt in next time sherlock

  • You don't see him for the same reason why you don't often see the crapper and Leatherkek. Because he's basically a M1 killer with a big, directional terror radius.

  • Seems most who bought him on ps4 are giving up on him. Hes difficult to control, although when you master his drifting in sprint it becomes more fun and better.

    His main control issues are around his demon strike, using it out of sprint or walking when trying to turn and hit is very difficult. I know they nerfed his turning speed whilst striking but feels ps4 sensitivity is not enough to do it effectively. I am using max sensitivity and it doesn't seem to be able to hit someone who rounds a corner.

    Devs have spoken about increasing sensitivity on console so hopefully this comes sooner rather then later.

  • The only Oni I saw was standing on a hill.

    Menacingly. While swinging his sword.

  • @hocrux said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893148#Comment_893148

    Read my earlier post before you butt in next time sherlock

    Someone’s having a bad day? They’re not delusional and you butt in on them just as much... what’s your problem?

    Just say my bad and move on.

  • I am very glad no one is realizing how strong he is.

  • His power is only good for closing distance on big open maps, after that he's an M1 killer. To top it off they reduced how easy it is to get his power, I've literally had survivors just run to the left or right when I'm charging causing me to do one of 2 things, stop early so I don't go past them or keep going miss and go back to regular chase.


    Oh and it's a royal pain to hit with the club because of lack of turning and it messes with the camera angle. Literally all you need to do most of the time is run directly at him and keep going around him done this probably about 30 times already. Why play a killer if he's basically just going to be an M1 character, I'd rather play hag, plague, clown, Freddy or huntressat least there abilities are ACTUALLY useful

  • @ScottJund said:

    I am very glad no one is realizing how strong he is.

    Lucky; in Australia he is the killer almost every game at red rank and every game it's minimum a 3k. He's an uncounterable mess if the player understands the power.

  • If he really is an uncounterble mess then the inevitable nerf is coming.

  • I personally see him in what feels like between 1/3 and 1/4 games, rank 1-2 and they're mostly red rank players too.

    On consoles I've heard he's a mess to play with performance issues and such though, so I'd imagine he's extra rare there.

  • It's also possible that the timing of the release is partially at fault. In the states he released a few days after Thanksgiving and Black Friday. People might just not have the money at the moment to buy the new chapter.

  • I see him constantly on ps4 at rank 1

  • @Jholla31 said:

    Red rank killer and survivor PS4 here.

    Oni is harder to control on console. I played 3 games with him on release with tier 1 perks and no addons. The first game I only got like two hooks because I couldn't control his dash at all. By the third game I got a 2k but still had issues figuring out the best way to control it.

    I've mostly played survivor since release just for archive challenges, and I think I've only seen one Oni in about 20 survivor matches. Probably because people are giving up after only playing a few matches with him.

    I play on ps4 also and I don't have much trouble controlling him outside of turning corners in chase he just plays like if your learning how to drift without add-ons with Billy tbh

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    If he really is an uncounterble mess then the inevitable nerf is coming.

    Yes, most definitely. But not until the mid chapter in 6 weeks. For now, red ranks will be dominated/more homogeneous than before as a result.

  • I've Oni seen a few myself

  • Here in the yellow rank realm of potato survivors, I've seen a bunch of Onis, like every 3 matches.

  • Also ps4, I see him every other game. Red ranks

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    When you nerf a killer for no real reason people may refuse to buy them.

    EDIT: No reason except some braindead streamers complaining about the lack of obviously existing counterplay.

    All the nerfs he got were needed and he's still very strong

  • I’ve seen 3 so far. Since Tuesday. They all camped and tunneled. So I started playing killer Oni for the rest of the week. The other few killers I saw was a plague (who was actually good) and a dumb bubba

  • The DLC just came out 2 days ago and a lot of people don't want to spend money on the chapter / don't have the shards yet to purchase him. I haven't used him much because I haven't gotten BBQ on him yet. I can get more BPs to level Oni up faster by playing other killers.

  • It's because people like me go from Rank 4 to Rank 7 after playing him because it's impossible to get hits on ps4. I regret buying him first and not yui. I'm hoping the devs make him a bit easier to control in console.

  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    If he really is an uncounterble mess then the inevitable nerf is coming.

    They did a great job with the nerfs from the PTB. They hit all the areas that made him feel uncounterable, I feel. He's still very strong, but much more difficult to use than he was. I'd say he's probably in the top 5 strongest killers, around the same level as Billy

  • @NumB_16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892982#Comment_892982

    All the nerfs he got were needed and he's still very strong

    Why were the nerfs to his flick needed? Why were the nerfs to his duration needed?

  • im an oni main now i literally only play him purple ranks right now usually rank 1 though just the fact of learning a new killer right now and having only a couple decent perks on him is stopping me from getting to red ranks i forgot to say im on console btw

  • Didn't buy him, have no plans to until console is = PC.

‹ 1 2