Nice to see that they didn't take any feedback for the Archive Challenges

Some of these challenges are crazy and will require nothing but RNG or farming. Things like

"No One Escapes the Endgame" Sacrifice 2 survivors during EGC with NOED in one trial.

"Last Minute Hero" Unhook 2 survivors during EGC in one trial. Must unhook them safely.

These challenges are crazy. It's already rare enough to get a single hook/unhook in EGC, asking for 2 is going to require farming. These challenges are specifically the ones we said we didn't want. The bullshit ones that are either going to take crazy amounts of luck or farming. The Shard count doesn't even increase, meaning it's getting harder for less and less reward. Tome 4 is going to be downright stupid.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Azgard12 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/871805#Comment_871805

    Well for me, I'm not worried so much about the Rift or even the challenges. It's the way it shifts the meta and makes everyone behave and play stupidly.

    This is mainly my objection to the challenges too; it ruins matches by encouraging people to behave in stupid ways.

    Unhook 15 survivors last Tome and every time I get hooked there are 3 people either sprinting at me or crouched by the hook desperate to make sure they are the one that gets the credit for the unhook rather than their team.

    No one will play normally because of the limited time of the Rift (even though the challenges will always be there), and people will actively be trying to prevent people getting their challenge done.

    This has already happened with the last Tomes and is only going to get worse as the challenges are harder and take more time, setup and luck.

  • Why you think devs didn't take the feedback?

    It's just doesn't mean they gonna use it on already made archive. It's probably gonna be used for next one. Also they gonna use it in a way that suits them, not in a way you expect them to.

  • @TheCrookedMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/871995#Comment_871995

    Not that hard if you can put together an effective SWF group

    I only play solo...

  • I mean, what about those who already maxed out rift tier? There is nearly 0 motivation to go for all this struggle, all you get are bloodpoints. What am I supposed to do with bloodpoints? I'm already swimming in them.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872009#Comment_872009

    What I mean by a test run is not in the sense that the PTB archives were a test, but in the sense that this is the first time they've done it, and they're doing it in a way that they think will work, but they're probably going to see how it goes the first time around and then make any adjustments they feel are necessary for the next Rift.

    The Rift was intentionally built so that you could wait until the last second to spend money on, it if you so choose, without losing anything. There were no incentives to buy the pass earlier rather than later. So I apologise if this sounds unkind, but if you're having second thoughts you probably should have waited to invest money into it until you had seen all the content and were sure that the premium pass was a worthwhile investment for you.

    True but in my opinion if you are not too sure if it will work out make the first archive's rift free for all that would benefit the devs way more then making it a pay wall because doing the free side doesn't really make me want to continue. I'd rather buy from the store at that point. So I do understand what they are trying to do but they couldve done it more efficiently and effectively

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872027#Comment_872027

    True but in my opinion if you are not too sure if it will work out make the first archive's rift free for all that would benefit the devs way more then making it a pay wall because doing the free side doesn't really make me want to continue. I'd rather buy from the store at that point. So I do understand what they are trying to do but they couldve done it more efficiently and effectively

    It wouldn't have been very efficient for them to put all that work into cosmetics and lore and such for zero profit, though. They still have to pay their employees.

    I could understand the necessity to win customer support with a bunch of free stuff if this dissatisfaction and frustration were universal, but even though it may seem like it from all the complaints, that's far from being the case.

  • @EridianBlaze said:

    This is extremely rare. A topic that both Killer AND Survivor mains can agree on.

    Also, it is going to be hell on Earth for Survivors since so many Killers will be running NOED.

    How about this shitstorm of keys?

    They are everywhere now FFS

  • Dude two hooks with NOED is easy stuff. It doesn't happen every game but all the time you can get one NOED hook and then someone else will be too altruistic and get ######### by NOED too. Maybe you should try to, idk CHALLENGE yourself??


  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872044#Comment_872044

    That's absolutely fair enough. Thank you for being so kind and reasonable in your response. I can definitely understand your concerns, I just think that they would be more compelling coming from the point of view of someone who has made a solid attempt at completing the challenges and can speak from a place of experience.

    Today is also the first day in a LONG LONG time that I am prematurely done with DBD for the playtime I have allotted.

    I am a fan of BHVR and want the best for their company and their game. I was so excited for the Archives and Rift... literally it was something I looked forward to on a real-world marked it on my calendar level.

    But this isn't fun.

    I'll try again Friday, but the games for me on PS4 mid-ranks have been plagued already. In 16 games I managed 6 safe unhooks but was also farmed into eternity.

    Why must I choose between the Rift and having fun?

  • @Azgard12 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872060#Comment_872060

    Today is also the first day in a LONG LONG time that I am prematurely done with DBD for the playtime I have allotted.

    I am a fan of BHVR and want the best for their company and their game. I was so excited for the Archives and Rift... literally it was something I looked forward to on a real-world marked it on my calendar level.

    But this isn't fun.

    I'll try again Friday, but the games for me on PS4 mid-ranks have been plagued already. In 16 games I managed 6 safe unhooks but was also farmed into eternity.

    Why must I choose between the Rift and having fun?

    Because that's what happens in online games four hours after a major update - people go crazy. It does suck, but there's not a lot to be done about it. I honestly can't think of a single challenge they could put in the game that people wouldn't find a way to throw matches over.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/871731#Comment_871731

    So this means that the first rift is a test so when can I expect my money back? Because this rift is horrendous.

    If this was truly to test the rift and archives then they should've made the first rift free to all players. Then made it a paywall. But nope $10 for stupidly hard challenges with no rewards in sight for it being more of a worse grind then the old bloodweb in my opinion.

    Now heres to wonder... wheres my rift legacy skin...?

    (Yes a joke about legacy)

    You must not play much if you haven't gotten any rewards yet...

  • @thenegativone said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872009#Comment_872009

    You must not play much if you haven't gotten any rewards yet...

    I'm at tier 32. Like everyone else who is frustrated with this system.


    I'm just saying Cosmetics is not worth a terrible grind.


    I'd rather pay it in the ingame store for cosmetics I actually do want lol.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Yeah I can't really see myself paying for premium again if I can't get to the last tier either through the challenges or grinding. A lot of these tome 3 and 4 challenges are asinine.

    I've nearly completed all the tome 3 killer challenges and I'm on tier 61 of the rift. I really don't think we will need to fully complete the tomes to get all the rift rewards

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872322#Comment_872322

    I'm at tier 32. Like everyone else who is frustrated with this system.

    I'm just saying Cosmetics is not worth a terrible grind.

    I'd rather pay it in the ingame store for cosmetics I actually do want lol.

    Then why are you on here complaining... The rift was always about cosmetic rewards

  • Looks like Tome 3 exactly matches up what was leaked out 2 weeks ago. No changes.

    Honestly, the grindy challenges are fine, but I am getting very tired of the extremely situational master challenges that has the phrase "...in a single trial" in them that deliver very crummy rewards as well (same 3/5 rift fragments except now for 2x-10x the work).

    I'm not looking forward to Tome 4's "2 flashlight saves in one game" or "pallet stun a bad killer 4 times in one game" or "Kill 4 people in the basement in one game and pray nobody DCs or else you won't get it."

  • Why take feedback when you can leave the rifts challenging (lol) and drive up those Rift tier sales?

    I hope you guys feel like you got your battle passes $ worth.

  • I dont see the problem you grind anyway so why not. They are supposed to be "challenges" I'm at level 46 with 41 days to go. And I play casually. Like 1-2 hours a day

    I dont think they are that bad. And they said the tome will be available forever to unlock the lore. It's the rift that will close and you get rift advancements every game by gaining XP.

    They said from the start that as the levels increase so will the difficulty

  • @HectorBrando said:

    They should let you work 2 challenges at once, one master/luck and one regular/grindy because if while doing one of the grindy challanges you manage to do one of the master/luck challenges only to see it not counting is going to be frustrating, really frustrating.

    Agreed. I like this idea

  • @KuromiStarwind said:

    Why take feedback when you can leave the rifts challenging (lol) and drive up those Rift tier sales?

    I hope you guys feel like you got your battle passes $ worth.

    Well considering I just about earned all my cells back I'm good with all the free stuff doing what i do anyway....play the game

  • Yeah, it’s weird. Usually they take our feedback, but it seems they’re doing what THEY want to do with The Archive challenges.

  • I think the most telling thing about this situation is how quiet the Devs are being at the moment. The forums are flooded with complaints, or "feedback", about this situation, and yet, not so much as a peep from the higher ups.


    Yo, @Peanits and @not_Queen , an explanation as to why our feedback was completely ignored would be wonderful.

  • @thenegativone said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872338#Comment_872338

    Then why are you on here complaining... The rift was always about cosmetic rewards

    Like I said the grind is as worse as the old blood webs please reread comments before commenting.

  • @ggallinftw said:

    To put it as simply as possible... Doin the rift challenges makes me not want to complete the rift. Other people doin the rift challenges makes me not want to play the game.

    I feel this on a spiritual level. And not a nerfed Spirit-ual level, like... this just sums it up.

  • @Keene_Kills said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872076#Comment_872076

    I feel this on a spiritual level. And not a nerfed Spirit-ual level, like... this just sums it up.

    Yup. The biggest losers here are the people who want to play a normal competitive match. Sadly, it's next to impossible while people are doin their challenges.

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872411#Comment_872411

    Like I said the grind is as worse as the old blood webs please reread comments before commenting.

    K but you wrong doe

  • Plz bhvr seize these farm the hook challenges.

  • @TheHourMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/107760/nice-to-see-that-they-didnt-take-any-feedback-for-the-archive-challenges

    That's not hard. You see hook tradeoffs happen all the time in EGC when the gate is open. Killer hooks and camps a surv. Other surv comes to save them, succeed, but gets hooked in the process, repeat until ome of them dies and the other 3 escape.

    it's been a long time since I've seen hook trades at EGC. Typically it's a slugfest at the hook if survivors attempt and then a wait for EGC to kill the rest

  • 100% bullshit. All I got to say.

  • The worst part is both sides are acting like complete jerks over these challenges.

  • Don't worry guys, they're 'placeholders' like they said these challenges would be..... Until the last week of course.

  • Going further into this, I want to mention this.

    This game has one of the most divided communities ever. The two sides rarely ever agree on something, and attack each other every chance they get. For a more recent instance, the nerfs to Nurse, Spirit, and Balanced Landing. The nerfs to these cause killers to cry "Wah wah baby survivors can't adapt to two killers." While the BL nerf caused survivors to cry "Wah wah baby killers can't adapt to a perk." This is one of the few issues that both sides agree is terrible. If they don't at least make some change to Tome 4, I'll honestly be speechless. You know something is bad when both sides that are constantly at each other's throats can agree on it.

  • I am absolutely certain that no-one, not a single person, will get the sacrifice 4 people in the basement challenge legitimately (i.e. without the survivors just letting them). I'd love to know the proportion of games were it happens, I'd be amazed if it's even 1 in 1000.

    But, on top of that, nearly every game were the killer gets a 4man there's a DC. On top of that, people now DC if you don't help them farm their challenges.

    What do BHVR think is going to happen in that incredibly rare game were you've sacrificed 3 survivors legitimately without any farming, and you've downed the final survivor near the basement? Oh yeah, they're going to DC every time, as punishment for you not helping them farm.

  • Here's a thought:

    What if the last 2 weeks of the Rift the goals were lightened up a bit?

    ...No idea how to do this of what it compromises, but that way those who like the challenge can get ahead faster.

    Maybe it doesn't solve anything. I dunno.

  • UNPOPULAR OPINION:

    I think that the archives/rift is very true to the DBD branding. I mean I have been playing for 3+ years and it puts me in mind of the old ways where they reward those who play. I mean premium is a good example of that.

    If you are able to get through the tiers, you basically get your money back in in-game currency. Plus you get super cool cosmetics. That is like how you used to be able to purchase DLC with your iridescent shards.

    I am a survivor main. I have probably played a total of 30 games max as a killer and my highest is only level 20. Yet, I was able to complete my killer/survivor archive challenges pretty easily. So, I feel like the challenges are made for "Average" players.

  • I really wouldn't mind paying again for every new rift pass if it meant we got easier and more manageable challenges

  • Bhvr doesn't enjoy feedback, take Nurse for.example.

  • (Not so)Fun Fact: If you don't do a single archive challenge and you don't buy a single tier you will have to play over 700 games in 3 months to reach tier 70.

  • If you don't like the challenges this much, don't do them. They are not mandatory...

    I enjoyed the first 2 tiers, and looking at the third tier I feel I will enjoy doing this too. There is still so much time available to finish everything, too. Maybe people just don't like not being able to finish content within an hour of it being released.

    I hope the devs continue releasing tomes like this.

  • These challenges are ruining the game and hell some in tome 3 are straight up toxic gameplay

  • everything is nothing T^T

  • Why are people complaining about the noed one? get bitter murmur, noed, blood warden, and agitation and just prepare for endgame.

  • This is the reason I was against battle passes, they always end up ruining the normalcy of the game with their stupid challenges and time frames.

  • The NOED one is not that hard. It just takes a good end game build and that's it. But you have to make sure Survivors don't expect you have NOED, else all totems will be gone.

    The only challenge I just hate is the 2 saves during the EGC and that it is the 2nd challenge for survivor. You are stuck there until it is done unless you do the killer challenges to go around. I play killer/survivor about 50/50 so I have no problem to do that, but it is just not fair for those who don't. I think these kind of challenges need to be the last in some dead end. So you can leave it for last.

  • placeholders² 🙈

  • @thenegativone said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/871752#Comment_871752

    Buying the "battlepass" has nothing to do with these challenges being too random and repetitive. Im done with the rift which is supposed to be the harder one to complete but cant enjoy the lore which should've been accessible to everyone

    Of course it does. The challenges are supposed to be a way to help progress through the battlepass. For instance, i have a job and commitments. I don't have time to spend each and every night playing on the computer. These challenges were made the way they were to stint progress and force people who can't 'no life' the game cough up extra cash to finish it off. You can sugarcoat it all you want but that is a fact.

  • @Omans said:

    If you don't like the challenges this much, don't do them. They are not mandatory...

    I enjoyed the first 2 tiers, and looking at the third tier I feel I will enjoy doing this too. There is still so much time available to finish everything, too. Maybe people just don't like not being able to finish content within an hour of it being released.

    I hope the devs continue releasing tomes like this.

    So you hope the Devs promote bad health for the game and lore that are locked behind unbeatable challenges that no one will be able to do? Man, your mind is somewhere else.

    You know why the archives was even a thing? BECAUSE PEOPLE WANTED MORE LORE, the lore we had for all the characters and especially the old ones had very little lore or no real backstory to it, but no, they had to bring in battlepass and stupid challenges that promoted bad unhealthy play styles for the game or just near impossible to do. Maybe if the challenges are there forever and they switch every so often but can still get some of the lore and yeah, not mandatory. But since they will be gone when the next Tome comes it is MANDATORY otherwise you get no lore and so you either did nothing for nothing or something for nothing.

  • @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/873512#Comment_873512

    So you hope the Devs promote bad health for the game and lore that are locked behind unbeatable challenges that no one will be able to do? Man, your mind is somewhere else.

    You know why the archives was even a thing? BECAUSE PEOPLE WANTED MORE LORE, the lore we had for all the characters and especially the old ones had very little lore or no real backstory to it, but no, they had to bring in battlepass and stupid challenges that promoted bad unhealthy play styles for the game or just near impossible to do. Maybe if the challenges are there forever and they switch every so often but can still get some of the lore and yeah, not mandatory. But since they will be gone when the next Tome comes it is MANDATORY otherwise you get no lore and so you either did nothing for nothing or something for nothing.

    I finished all the Tier 2 challenges last week (almost all of them in one day - about 5-6 hours of playtime) and have been waiting for Tier 3. I looked at all the Tier 3 and 4 challenges. None of them seem unbeatable? Sure, a bit grindy, but in no way unbeatable. I wasn't even going hard trying to complete Tier 2 and I finished with plenty of time before Tier 3.

    Maybe it's because I am not concerned about the lore at all? I just put on a challenge and if I finish it, nice, if I don't, oh well. Even casual players will be able to finish everything by the end, in my opinion.

  • @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/873512#Comment_873512

    So you hope the Devs promote bad health for the game and lore that are locked behind unbeatable challenges that no one will be able to do? Man, your mind is somewhere else.

    You know why the archives was even a thing? BECAUSE PEOPLE WANTED MORE LORE, the lore we had for all the characters and especially the old ones had very little lore or no real backstory to it, but no, they had to bring in battlepass and stupid challenges that promoted bad unhealthy play styles for the game or just near impossible to do. Maybe if the challenges are there forever and they switch every so often but can still get some of the lore and yeah, not mandatory. But since they will be gone when the next Tome comes it is MANDATORY otherwise you get no lore and so you either did nothing for nothing or something for nothing.

    The Lore's not going anywhere.. Just the cosmetics on the rift

  • @Spooky13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/871693#Comment_871693

    It wouldn't be so bad if we were getting more Rift Shards as an incentive to do these, because BP just isn't enough. I've got 1,000,000 saved up already for Oni. If we got a bigger reward for doing these harder challenges it wouldn't be so bad and I could understand them getting more difficult.

    Yeah 25 000 bloodpoints and 15 seconds of lore is really worth doing a tedious challenge XD

1 2 3