I am pumped for the Archives and Premium Rift - Are you?!

Claudette and Trapper Cinematics, Challenges, Lore, and PR3M1UM 1T3MS?!

THANKS!

Comments

  • I'll never be excited to stuff in games that requires me to open up my wallet in order to have the full experience.

  • Claudette is a super sweet heart of a character, so I'm excited for some lore on her. I just hope they don't ruin her character to appease the "All Claudettes are horrible people" meme. She is probably my favorite of the female cast and it's not cause she can blend into the dark better.


    Trapper was my boy for awhile, but I never cared much for his personality and lore. He's just a rich jerk gone murderous. Most of the male Killers have almost 0 sympathy factors going for them unlike the females who get the sob stories.

  • @se05239 said:

    I'll never be excited to stuff in games that requires me to open up my wallet in order to have the full experience.

    You must have really been upset when they added licensed characters :(

  • I'm really only excited for the bloodpoint rewards.

  • @VexTheHex said:

    Claudette is a super sweet heart of a character, so I'm excited for some lore on her. I just hope they don't ruin her character to appease the "All Claudettes are horrible people" meme. She is probably my favorite of the female cast and it's not cause she can blend into the dark better.

    Trapper was my boy for awhile, but I never cared much for his personality and lore. He's just a rich jerk gone murderous. Most of the male Killers have almost 0 sympathy factors going for them unlike the females who get the sob stories.

    I used to main Claudette before I started playing with some of my friends (they've only recently gotten into DBD), but now I'm a Steve (Default outfit with Scoops Ahoy shirt..I have the full outfit, but prefer this).

    I've also just finished getting every perk for Trapper, so I'm pretty stoked about his inclusion in this set.

  • @WaffleFalafel said:

    I'm really only excited for the bloodpoint rewards.

    Free BP is Free BP :D

  • I am excited and very apprehensive. Every time we get an update for new stuff we get a plethora of bugs and glitches with it.

  • Excited for challenges from the Archives. We'll see how the rift pans out.

  • Not quite pumped, cause i might over-hype it for myself.

    I don't view it as a negative implementation so far, though.

  • Actually pretty hyped about the upcoming stuff. It gives me more objectives while playing the game and not just only doing gens and bla. I'll definitely gonna use some perks i never usually use so yeah looking forward to that :)

  • My hype is dying. I'm hearing a lot of concerns that I want answers to. I thought the stream would clarify some concerns but it was just a cool trailer and info that was already said. :/

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    My hype is dying. I'm hearing a lot of concerns that I want answers to. I thought the stream would clarify some concerns but it was just a cool trailer and info that was already said. :/

    I might be able to help there. What kind of concerns are we talking about?

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776769#Comment_776769

    I might be able to help there. What kind of concerns are we talking about?

    Im not that hyped after loosing the howling grounds cosmetics ive earned (still waiting for response om the ticket) wich makes me afraid to pay 10 euros, earn premium stuff and later find them gone.

  • I wasn't. A Claudette cinematic I would be excited for. She was my OG main.

    @Peanits one of the main concerns I've seen is being able to complete the rift won't be feasible without a serious grind. Also some of the challenges looked nearly impossible without alot of luck. Not sure if those were Boosted Dwight's concerns. But those seem to be the most talked about.

  • Yes I’m excited despite all the negativity on here.

  • @VexTheHex said:

    Claudette is a super sweet heart of a character, so I'm excited for some lore on her. I just hope they don't ruin her character to appease the "All Claudettes are horrible people" meme. She is probably my favorite of the female cast and it's not cause she can blend into the dark better.

    Trapper was my boy for awhile, but I never cared much for his personality and lore. He's just a rich jerk gone murderous. Most of the male Killers have almost 0 sympathy factors going for them unlike the females who get the sob stories.

    how most killer have 0 sympathie did you even read some of their backstory

    the first victim of the entity are the killer expect of course clown ghostface frank that are kind of psychphatic/violent character

    (talking only of the original killer that aren't film/series rehash)

  • I'm not. I like the concept but not the rewards.

  • @Rinthespooki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776771#Comment_776771

    Im not that hyped after loosing the howling grounds cosmetics ive earned (still waiting for response om the ticket) wich makes me afraid to pay 10 euros, earn premium stuff and later find them gone.

    Those are stored differently; it won't happen for stuff from The Archives. We've improved the way we handle rewards since those early events.

    @thrawn3054 said:

    I wasn't. A Claudette cinematic I would be excited for. She was my OG main.

    @Peanits one of the main concerns I've seen is being able to complete the rift won't be feasible without a serious grind. Also some of the challenges looked nearly impossible without alot of luck. Not sure if those were Boosted Dwight's concerns. But those seem to be the most talked about.

    Between the challenges and casually playing, with the daily first match bonuses included, you should be able to finish the Rift without having to grind. As long as you play regularly, you should have no problem. You don't have to play a ton, even just playing a couple matches per day will do.

  • I have my energy sixpack ready to sweat tomorrow in swf oof.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    I wasn't. A Claudette cinematic I would be excited for. She was my OG main.

    @Peanits one of the main concerns I've seen is being able to complete the rift won't be feasible without a serious grind. Also some of the challenges looked nearly impossible without alot of luck. Not sure if those were Boosted Dwight's concerns. But those seem to be the most talked about.

    Yeah those were my concerns :P

  • I'm super excited. Always excited about new content in this game. I think the charms are really cool.

  • @MemberBerry said:

    I'm not. I like the concept but not the rewards.

    the reward look like reskin for the most part hope it will get better with time beceause the first batch don't make me wanna put money in it

  • I'm excited for the game to receive new content but I just spent $95 on Total War 2 Warhammer and all the DLC for it and from part 1 I was missing (weekend sale) plus I'm currently into Dark Souls so I don't think I'll have the time to dedicate to it. I'll play the free path and see how far I can get and whether buying premium afterwards is worth doing so. It's not that it's expensive but I can get carried away with my expenditures on video games.

  • @Aldofer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776723#Comment_776723

    how most killer have 0 sympathie did you even read some of their backstory

    the first victim of the entity are the killer expect of course clown ghostface frank that are kind of psychphatic/violent character

    (talking only of the original killer that aren't film/series rehash)

    Excuse me? I won't cover the License killers besides Ghostface for obvious reasons.


    Males

    Trapper - Rich daddy's boy who started killing anyone who didn't meet his demands.

    Ghostface - Serial killer who does it for giggles

    Frank - Always had a dark side to him, was the first to strike the man and got the others involved even forcing Susie to do it.

    Joey - Was the most willing of the Legion crew to stab the guy after Frank.

    Clown - Serial killer since he was young, loves to torture.

    Doctor - Likes to torture and do horrific experiments on people and see what he can achieve in it.

    Hillbilly - Feral like, doesn't know better but it very brutal and disgusting. Could have some sympathy if he wasn't such a monster.

    Wraith - Only male killer with a sob story since he didn't realize his murderous deeds for a long time and snapped at the evil man who had him do it.


    Ladies

    Hag - Captured and tortured by cannibals. Joined the Entity for revenge/survival.

    Nurse - Loss her husband and suffered horrible mental stress till she snapped.

    Plague - Tried to keep the peace and hope of plague victims till she fell to it herself.

    Spirit - Horribly murdered by her father after he did it to her mother.

    Julie - Her boyfriend started the act protecting her/did it for love.

    Susie - Frank forced her hand.

    Huntress - Similar to Hillbilly, doesn't know better but is very brutal. She however has the "saw her mom die" sob part.


    The ladies very clearly get sob stories compared to the more "evil" males.

  • @VexTheHex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776808#Comment_776808

    Excuse me? I won't cover the License killers besides Ghostface for obvious reasons.

    Males

    Trapper - Rich daddy's boy who started killing anyone who didn't meet his demands.

    Ghostface - Serial killer who does it for giggles

    Frank - Always had a dark side to him, was the first to strike the man and got the others involved even forcing Susie to do it.

    Joey - Was the most willing of the Legion crew to stab the guy after Frank.

    Clown - Serial killer since he was young, loves to torture.

    Doctor - Likes to torture and do horrific experiments on people and see what he can achieve in it.

    Hillbilly - Feral like, doesn't know better but it very brutal and disgusting. Could have some sympathy if he wasn't such a monster.

    Wraith - Only male killer with a sob story since he didn't realize his murderous deeds for a long time and snapped at the evil man who had him do it.

    Ladies

    Hag - Captured and tortured by cannibals. Joined the Entity for revenge/survival.

    Nurse - Loss her husband and suffered horrible mental stress till she snapped.

    Plague - Tried to keep the peace and hope of plague victims till she fell to it herself.

    Spirit - Horribly murdered by her father after he did it to her mother.

    Julie - Her boyfriend started the act protecting her/did it for love.

    Susie - Frank forced her hand.

    Huntress - Similar to Hillbilly, doesn't know better but is very brutal. She however has the "saw her mom die" sob part.

    The ladies very clearly get sob stories compared to the more "evil" males.

    i nevr said that the ladies didn't get the sob stories, i said for a lot of killer you can have sympathie for what happen to them and dispise what they become, and remember taht the entity can influence futur killer or even event in their life before they are taken to the realm (aka rin father)

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776769#Comment_776769

    I might be able to help there. What kind of concerns are we talking about?

    Are you really just now asking this

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776813#Comment_776813

    The math though, even with the best case circumstances, doesn't seem to add up though.

    Still needing to play over 100 hours, without considering queue times or games ending prematurely, and just having all of the challenge rewards done, is still a very long time.

    As someone who doesn't care much for challenges, because I absolutely despise having to throw my team under the bus because I wanted to do a challenge, let's say I only do 25% of all of the challenges -- I'm still looking at needing to do over 150 hours worth of matches. That means I'd need to play roughly over 10 matches a day to be able to get to the end of the rift track, even with the bonus XP.

    That's not casual. It just simply isn't.

    It will definitely take you quite a while if you decide not to do the challenges. You would be skipping the main way to progress through The Rift. At that point, you're opting not to progress as fast as you could be. It'd be like playing one of the old event hook/generator events and not trying to go for the marked hooks/generators or using an offering. You'll still progress, just way slower than if you had tried to complete it.

  • @amneoss said:

    I was, until we learned just how unfun the 3rd and 4th volume on the Tome's challenges will be. Infuriating to attempt and infuriating to play against. Not too mention even if you are a master of DbD (you aren't) and complete the challenges (you won't) you will still only earn half of the Rift. You will need to get the other half through serious grind. 800 xp per fragment, 8000 xp per rift level, and you only get 400 to 600 xp per match.

    Have fun. :-P

    Are the Claudette and Trapper lore at least unlocked early on in it? I know I could probably watch it on youtube, but I'd rather have their little lore fragments unlocked for myself to admire. xD

  • @amneoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776909#Comment_776909

    Some is and some isn't. Some nodes on the web have page icons attached, completing these unlock the lore. But some are on each volume of the tome. So have fun trying to get all the lore. And if you were looking forward to unlocking the video at the end, most people won't be able to. You have to do every node to get the video.

    Ouch! :o

  • Nope, It doesn't interest me that much.

    If anything it has me concerned with the difficulty of the later tier challenges and the impact that's going to have on matches with People DCing. It's bad enough already but it's going to get a lot worse when people start to DC everytime they cant complete a challenge or want to prevent others from completing theirs.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    I have my energy sixpack ready to sweat tomorrow in swf oof.

    What kind O_O?

  • @Bongbingbing said:

    Nope, It doesn't interest me that much.

    If anything it has me concerned with the difficulty of the later tier challenges and the impact that's going to have on matches with People DCing. It's bad enough already but it's going to get a lot worse when people start to DC everytime they cant complete a challenge or want to prevent others from completing theirs.

    The husk mechanic should've been released before these challenges, or there should be no challenges that have no other way to be completed except within one match.

    If the Master challenges at least had two options, it wouldn't be so bad. Like, either sacrifice 4 survivors in the basement in one match or sacrifice a total of 9 survivors in the basement. That way, if you get 3 games where you sacrifice 3 in the basement and the last one DCs, the game at least takes pity on you.

  • I just think it's BOOORING. Happy for the people who are entertained by it and can't wait to grind it out. Good luck to you guys!

  • Is there a release date?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776903#Comment_776903

    But again, casuals aren't going to do the super hard challenges because they are casual players. I don't consider myself casual. I think I play the game more than Zubat does at this point.

    So many of these challenges are unfeasible and the stars must align to even be able to do one of them. Not to mention most of the hard ones some salty player can just deny you of your success by disconnecting or refusing to "play along" (if 3 of my teammates get hooked in the basement, I'm keeping my ass hidden and looking for the hatch). Many casuals are not going to attempt all of the challenges because they are anything but casual, or because half of them are literally not on the side or even the character they like to play as.

    You guys keep saying that the rift is supposed to be designed to be completed by casuals, but the hard fact is that the math and the numbers do not line up with that statement. They just don't.

    You know, unless you buy the solution to the problem you guys have created, by purchasing the time saver.

    It's not my intention to try and throw shade around, but there's smoke in the air right now and usually when there's smoke, there's fire. I've already been burned with third degree burns by similar tactics by companies far too many times as it is and this honestly looks absolutely no different from those previous instances. We all know that the whole purpose of this rift mechanic is to make more money and that's fine, but it cannot possibly be stated that the Rift was designed for casuals to be able to complete it and the proof, evidence and facts show that a casual trying to complete the rift requires as many hours everyday as a near full-time job.

    I wonder if the delay is to secretly address these difficult challenges...

  • Hello darkness my old friend...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/777116#Comment_777116

    The delay has to do with the event. Nothing to do with the mid-chapter release. Only the event's date was announced, which has been postponed.

    I wonder what the issue was O_O

    AFAIK, the event was more or less built into The Rift.

    Perhaps it has to do with the recent 'vanishing cosmetics' issue.

  • @Aldofer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776810#Comment_776810

    the reward look like reskin for the most part hope it will get better with time beceause the first batch don't make me wanna put money in it

    Same

  • @se05239 said:

    I'll never be excited to stuff in games that requires me to open up my wallet in order to have the full experience.

    So, you don't buy games? Jk, I know what you mean and I can relate to that. It's not hyping me much either. Remember back then the real event exclusives? That was some really good hype man, just playing and grinding for the cosmetics. Was a great feeling

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776813#Comment_776813

    The math though, even with the best case circumstances, doesn't seem to add up though.

    Still needing to play over 100 hours, without considering queue times or games ending prematurely, and just having all of the challenge rewards done, is still a very long time.

    As someone who doesn't care much for challenges, because I absolutely despise having to throw my team under the bus because I wanted to do a challenge, let's say I only do 25% of all of the challenges -- I'm still looking at needing to do over 150 hours worth of matches. That means I'd need to play roughly over 10 matches a day to be able to get to the end of the rift track, even with the bonus XP.

    That's not casual. It just simply isn't.

    10 matches per day is hardcore. Seriously nowhere near casual. How much does it take to play 10 matches? Assuming one match takes 10 minutes om average you would spend 100 minutes purely playtime. This isn't including lobby time, matchmaking, loading screen, leveling your bloodweb etc.

    I personally see a casual player as someone who spends like 4 hours just on the weekend and that's it.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776872#Comment_776872

    10 matches per day is hardcore. Seriously nowhere near casual. How much does it take to play 10 matches? Assuming one match takes 10 minutes om average you would spend 100 minutes purely playtime. This isn't including lobby time, matchmaking, loading screen, leveling your bloodweb etc.

    I personally see a casual player as someone who spends like 4 hours just on the weekend and that's it.

    I get two, maybe three matches an hour.

    A casual player, according to the devs, is someone who plays about one hour a day. What's required to complete The Rift is a lot more than that.

  • Nope. Not pumped at all. I could care less what's on the other side of the wall. And by wall I mean INITIALIZATION ERROR.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776872#Comment_776872

    It will definitely take you quite a while if you decide not to do the challenges. You would be skipping the main way to progress through The Rift. At that point, you're opting not to progress as fast as you could be. It'd be like playing one of the old event hook/generator events and not trying to go for the marked hooks/generators or using an offering. You'll still progress, just way slower than if you had tried to complete it.

    Good thing there's time-gates in place to stop us from doing challenges. And that there's challenges in there designed to be too hard to complete.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776714#Comment_776714

    You must have really been upset when they added licensed characters :(

    Not really. It makes sense to me. I've even bought a few of them.

  • @Raccoon

    My most facorite energy is Monster Rehab (yellow) but since they dont sell it anymore in germany for no reason I have right now the Red one Assult.

  • LORE ! I'm so excited about it ! dhqzodhaBa

  • I'm excited about the Lore and the BP that come with the Archives. I did not see the later levels of the rift on PTB, but I heard of near impossible Challenges like "Flashlight save X Survivors in one Trial." or "Unhook yourself as last Survivor from the Basement."

    I'm really no person for flashlights let alone save with it. I only use it in chases. And how am I supposed to get the basement thingy when playing solo? (I know Deliverance etc etc) I mean I play pen&paper but I'm not rolling a D20 on this one. Sorry, but no...

    And all the grind that has to be done.... Wow! Even as kind of a DBD addict (4-5hrs a day) I'm unsure to get the rift done.

  • I hope that at least one of the reasons for the delay is that they're tweaking some of the hardest missions and maybe the xp progressing

‹ 1 2