I know camping is a legitimate technique, but that doesn't stop it from being pathetic.

Seriously, camping and face camping, specially in early game is such a pathetic way to play.

I can understand camping in some situations, like all gens are fixed or you know someone is already around the hook, but doing it just all the time from the start, I don't care is legitimate, is will always be pathetic and lame.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Facecamping is as legitimate a strategy as teabagging. It should not be defended at all.

  • very true. its a legit... boring and uninteresting strat.

  • It hurts me to the core seeing someone camp early, and by the results I see they had BBQ 3 on…

  • @FairP1ayer said:

    It hurts me to the core seeing someone camp early, and by the results I see they had BBQ 3 on…

    Yep that is even worst, camping when they run BBQ.

  • You cannot facecamp.

  • If someone is hard camping early (as in straight up catch someone with 5 gens left and just stay right there even after 3 gens pop around them) they are probably deranking or "playing for salt" in one way or another. Or they're a new killer that doesn't know it's not a winning strategy, as before you learn more about the game camping people to death religiously seems like the right play based on the information the tutorial and such gives you.

    While people can do whatever that isn't against the rules I do believe playing specifically to make people angry is pretty pathetic no matter who does it, but the best thing you can do is just move on.

  • @VincentRedfield said:

    Facecamping is as legitimate a strategy as teabagging. It should not be defended at all.

    Facecamping stops people from playing the game. Teabagging is only to taunt people.

  • Whats more pathetic are survivors that feed a camping killer.

  • Still Devs arent interested in doing anything against camping at all. Thats sad.

  • I know that doing the gens instead of hook diving somebody getting camped is boring, but that doesn't mean that hook diving is any less brainless and pathetic.

  • I know Decisive Strike is a legitimate perk, but that doesn't stop it from being pathetic.

    But I've devised a strategy to counter being punished for downing you and your team too quickly; can't get Decisive Strike'd if you never come off hook!

  • Facecamping is just boring you're not earning points. I would rather have a facecamper than a tunneler when playing with SWF, but when solo queuing I simply press the magic words Leave Match bam I pulled a magic disappearing act move on to the next match.

  • I will occasionally camp, not gonna lie. If I'm having issues finding people early, super immersed Blendettes and whatnot. The second I get a hook I proxy it to bait out altruistic survivors or those lovely players that farm hooks. And honestly, it works 99% of the time. Maybe if survivors saw the camp was happening and just did gens this wouldn't be a thing but, unfortunately, they do the same damn thing every time. Rush the hook like dummies and then cry about camping. It's especially silly when its an Insidious Bubba... like come on stupid little survivor main... you know my chainsaw hits like 30 times in 2 seconds. What you trying to do?

    Anyway, thanks to all of you that fall for the trap. You've helped me level all the killers to 50. Its much appreciated. The salt posts like this one just fuel my camping engines and legitimize the strategy even now that I have all killers to 50, lol.

  • Well think of it like this, some Killers could be facecamping either because they're new and don't know what to properly do yet... Some Killers could still be very new even at Green Ranks. (But not really.)

    That, or some Killers genuinely believe that camping is the only way to secure a Killer when they face a particularly strong Survivor. Either way, is it considered bad to do? By the community it is yes, from me personally it shouldn't be done due to how it isn't fun, and you could actually enjoy the chase and overall improve if you give it a try!

  • @HP150 said:

    I know Decisive Strike is a legitimate perk, but that doesn't stop it from being pathetic.

    But I've devised a strategy to counter to being punished for downing you and your team too quickly; can't get Decisive Strike'd if you never come off hook!

    Well, the difference is that you can still hit that survivor again, get more points and hook him, while a survivor getting camped gets nothing.

  • I think it's a solution for this:

    Remove ''Catch'' from the hook, killer catch you if you remove someone on the hook.

    Buff Borrowed time for two people ou rework mettle of man.

    That's it.

  • @sluc16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727044#Comment_727044

    Well, the difference is that you can still hit that survivor again, get more points and hook him, while a survivor getting camped gets nothing.

    So what? It's counterable. You want better killers? Be a better survivor and punish the behavior

    I don't camp unless I got people rushing the hook before I leave. It's pointless as a good set of survivors will punish the behavior. I've learned better and do other things.

    Punish the behavior, and those who want to be rewarded stop. Say nothing about the camping and move on, you deny the trolls who camp you for lols what they want.

    It's a win win either way.

    But posts like this? They just feed the trolls...

  • I’ll only camp if I’m getting gen rushed and need to turn the tide, even then I won’t face camp.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727079#Comment_727079

    So what? It's counterable. You want better killers? Be a better survivor and punish the behavior

    I don't camp unless I got people rushing the hook before I leave. It's pointless as a good set of survivors will punish the behavior. I've learned better and do other things.

    Punish the behavior, and those who want to be rewarded stop. Say nothing about the camping and move on, you deny the trolls who camp you for lols what they want.

    It's a win win either way.

    But posts like this? They just feed the trolls...

    You're missing the point of the post. No one cares about counters or legitimacy. The entire point is that people who camp in the early game are boring as hell. End statement.

    We don't care about punishing it by gen rushing and having other people escape. That doesn't make the match any more fun. The killer is still a boring person and made the match boring for everyone involved

  • I wouldn't call it pathetic. i mean it's just a strategy people can use while playing killer, maybe they don't know better. Calling it pathetic is just extreme. Just a video game.

    Problem is, it's insanely unfun to go against which is why I still have hopes that it will indeed be nerfed sometime in the future, even if it isn't that viable already. It's still too viable in my eyes. Esepcially at low ranks.

  • @HP150 said:

    I know Decisive Strike is a legitimate perk, but that doesn't stop it from being pathetic.

    But I've devised a strategy to counter to being punished for downing you and your team too quickly; can't get Decisive Strike'd if you never come off hook!

    Don't tunnel, never deal with ds. But nevermind forgot that ds is against the rules so keep camping.

  • I know a year or 2 ago bE tested a system where Survivors never went to 2nd stage until they were actually hooked again. This would have really stopped Killers from face camping, I dunno why they changed there minds…

  • @FairP1ayer said:

    I know a year or 2 ago bE tested a system where Survivors never went to 2nd stage until they were actually hooked again. This would have really stopped Killers from face camping, I dunno why they changed there minds…

    ohmigod, no. This wouldn't necessarily stop camping, and it would give other survivors no deadline in which to save you. The other survivors could leave me on the hook all match and not rescue me until the very end, because hey, even though I was super bored and not earning points, I still got to escape with them so it's all good, right?

    No, man. I have seen survivors leave another survivor slugged for almost the full four minutes, or just leave a slug to die even though the killer was elsewhere. The longer the deadline (or worse, a complete lack of deadline), the longer other survivors will leave their teammate hanging.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727170#Comment_727170

    ohmigod, no. This wouldn't necessarily stop camping, and it would give other survivors no deadline in which to save you. The other survivors could leave me on the hook all match and not rescue me until the very end, because hey, even though I was super bored and not earning points, I still got to escape with them so it's all good, right?

    I imagine you could still struggle off the hook at the risk of putting yourself into 2nd state, it just wouldn’t slowly force you into it. Either that or Killers not being able to grab a Survivor trying to rescue someone from a hook would be welcome changes to me.

  • @FairP1ayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727196#Comment_727196

    I imagine you could still struggle off the hook at the risk of putting yourself into 2nd state, it just wouldn’t slowly force you into it. Either that or Killers not being able to grab a Survivor trying to rescue someone from a hook would be welcome changes to me.

    You are right, that occurred to me and I edited my post to reflect that, because my bad.

    But I think the problem instead would be that survivors would leave teammates hanging longer (see updated post).

    Edit: ohmigod could you imagine the hatch standoff between two survivors? One on the hook refusing to suicide, the other camping the hatch refusing to save? Actually, I would've done that to someone over the weekend, hanging on until the killer found them camping the hatch; that guy let three survivors die when we had a perfectly good chance at escaping just so he could get the hatch.

  • Camping is pretty broad. I've been b**ed at for chasing somebody near a hooked survivor. Face camping, though, that's intentional, and poor sportsmanship.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727044#Comment_727044

    Don't tunnel, never deal with ds. But nevermind forgot that ds is against the rules so keep camping.

    Yeah, no. I've had a DS user be unhooked, downed and hooked TWO other survivors, found and downed the DS user again only to be hit with DS. Not to mention all of the times DS users will play like complete idiots (running straight at you, doing a generator in your face, hopping in a locker, etc, etc) just because they know that they have DS.

    DS is one full minute of killer immunity. Nothing more, nothing less. "Anti-tunnel perk" my ass. It should de-activate if A) another survivor is hooked B) the DS user is full healed or C) the DS user begins working on a generator/exit gate because clearly safety isn't his priority at that point.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727219#Comment_727219

    You are right, that occurred to me and I edited my post to reflect that, because my bad.

    But I think the problem instead would be that survivors would leave teammates hanging longer (see updated post).

    Edit: ohmigod could you imagine the hatch standoff between two survivors? One on the hook refusing to suicide, the other camping the hatch refusing to save? Actually, I would've done that to someone over the weekend, hanging on until the killer found them camping the hatch; that guy let three survivors die when we had a perfectly good chance at escaping just so he could get the hatch.

    That is true, but I’ve had Survivors leave me to die in the basement or come after they completed a gen allowing me to get into 2nd stage in the process, so regardless if you have selfish teammates or players that don’t have their priorities straight this system will only magnify it.


    Again I’m just trying to make a suggestion to end the BS camping once and for all. Obviously the current system isn’t working, I still get more Killers that camp than anything else.

  • I prefer to not call play styles pathetic. Let people have fun and play the way they need to to enjoy the game.

    DbD players are too worried about what others are doing.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727044#Comment_727044

    Don't tunnel, never deal with ds. But nevermind forgot that ds is against the rules so keep camping.

    That’s BS. At least in red ranks, survivors use it as a get out of jail/troll the killer perk and not anti-tunnel. It’s hard to NOT tunnel many DS users, they go out of their way to make the perk proc.

  • @FairP1ayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727224#Comment_727224

    That is true, but I’ve had Survivors leave me to die in the basement or come after they completed a gen allowing me to get into 2nd stage in the process, so regardless if you have selfish teammates or players that don’t have their priorities straight this system will only magnify it.

    Again I’m just trying to make a suggestion to end the BS camping once and for all. Obviously the current system isn’t working, I still get more Killers that camp than anything else.

    No, you're not wrong that camping is unfun and something needs to change. I actually experience tunneling off the hook more than outright camping, neither of which are fun, but I think it would take deeper core gameplay changes to make it so that tunneling survivors out isn't the "obvious" strategy.

    One idea I could think of would be, when a survivor is hooked, rather than needing to be saved they could spawn elsewhere on the map in the dying state. Another survivor would still need to go pick that person up, getting them off a gen, but the killer couldn't camp the person to death and would have more trouble tunneling them out of the game.

    That suggestion has problems, of course, like the killer now having to start all over again trying to find survivors. Something would have to be done to balance it, like making it so after being hooked a survivor's gen repair speed is slowed for a certain amount of time. Plus, survivors could still leave that other survivor in the dying state for longer than necessary. But this is just something off the top of my head.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727036#Comment_727036

    But exactly what can be done? They already do a hook camping proximity penalty, but that's pointless to killers who don't care about rank or points.

    Like ten thousand times mentioned before, camping must be made impossible. Stop the timer as long as the killer is within a certain radius without being in a chase. Add a BP/emblem gain to the camped survivor for each period of time the killer camps, and the killer loses BP/emblems. Also add a repair speed bonus to all other survivors. That should punish it enough.

  • @MegsAreEvil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727047#Comment_727047

    Like ten thousand times mentioned before, camping must be made impossible. Stop the timer as long as the killer is within a certain radius without being in a chase. Add a BP/emblem gain to the camped survivor for each period of time the killer camps, and the killer loses BP/emblems. Also add a repair speed bonus to all other survivors. That should punish it enough.

    And as ten thousand more have mentioned before, camping is an intended strategy. And the changes you propose have already been tested and abused. Also, survivors should not be rewarded for their own failure.

  • @HP150 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727319#Comment_727319

    And as ten thousand more have mentioned before, camping is an intended strategy. And the changes you propose have already been tested and abused. Also, survivors should not be rewarded for their own failure.

    First, camping is not intented. Its more over against the whole game concept. Second, those changes were never tested before this way. Just stop lying to justify your cheap play.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727108#Comment_727108

    You're missing the point of the post. No one cares about counters or legitimacy. The entire point is that people who camp in the early game are boring as hell. End statement.

    We don't care about punishing it by gen rushing and having other people escape. That doesn't make the match any more fun. The killer is still a boring person and made the match boring for everyone involved

    And nobody cares you had a bad time. We've been going around and around about this for THREE ######### YEARS NOW

    When are you people going to get through your thick skull that bitching about it just feeding the trolls, and feeding the camper is just encouraging the behavior further.

    You know what? I don't find Hag fun, but i still man up and deal with it. I don't find being camped fun either - but I say nothing to the killer and direct my rage at the hook divers.

    Direct your ire at those who enable the behavior, because jack ######### is going to be done about beyond what has already been done.

  • @MegsAreEvil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727047#Comment_727047

    Like ten thousand times mentioned before, camping must be made impossible. Stop the timer as long as the killer is within a certain radius without being in a chase. Add a BP/emblem gain to the camped survivor for each period of time the killer camps, and the killer loses BP/emblems. Also add a repair speed bonus to all other survivors. That should punish it enough.

    That doesn't make camping impossible, that just punishes it. There's a difference. A salt-mining killer can still just stand there and stare at the survivor; they don't care that they're losing points, they're just doing it to ruin someone else's fun. And punishing an inexperienced killer who doesn't understand any other way to play the game also isn't a good solution.

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727129#Comment_727129

    And nobody cares you had a bad time. We've been going around and around about this for THREE ######### YEARS NOW

    When are you people going to get through your thick skull that bitching about it just feeding the trolls, and feeding the camper is just encouraging the behavior further.

    You know what? I don't find Hag fun, but i still man up and deal with it. I don't find being camped fun either - but I say nothing to the killer and direct my rage at the hook divers.

    Direct your ire at those who enable the behavior, because jack ######### is going to be done about beyond what has already been done.

    This is on point. Camping only works when the other survivors allow it too.

    Survivors do a ton of things that make being a killer lame. Think we enjoy running around near infinite loops or doing laps waiting for the pallet drop.

    If camping ever gets punished, then I should be able to simultaneously drop a survivor and grab the one that is body blocking me, because that is also a majorly abused mechanic which is apparently a legit stratigy.


  • @MegsAreEvil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727345#Comment_727345

    First, camping is not intented. Its more over against the whole game concept. Second, those changes were never tested before this way. Just stop lying to justify your cheap play.

    https://www.twitch.tv/deadbydaylight/clip/SuspiciousUglyWhaleStoneLightning

    From the game designer's mouth itself. Thanks for playing!

  • The camping and tunneling has been so real today that I've literally Derank from 1 to 3 DBD actually made me go hop on Fortnite and I don't even wanna play that game.

  • @FireHazard said:

    Well think of it like this, some Killers could be facecamping either because they're new and don't know what to properly do yet... Some Killers could still be very new even at Green Ranks. (But not really.)

    That, or some Killers genuinely believe that camping is the only way to secure a Killer when they face a particularly strong Survivor. Either way, is it considered bad to do? By the community it is yes, from me personally it shouldn't be done due to how it isn't fun, and you could actually enjoy the chase and overall improve if you give it a try!

    You leave out the other more glaring possibility. Killers enjoy the schadenfreude. There is no need to pretend this community is full of lovely people that get along with each other. No, no. Quite the opposite. Frankly, the only time I see that personality type, the friendly killer or survivor, is when watching a streamer who makes money off of subscriber count.

  • @Tucking_Friggered said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727069#Comment_727069

    You leave out the other more glaring possibility. Killers enjoy the schadenfreude. There is no need to pretend this community is full of lovely people that get along with each other. No, no. Quite the opposite. Frankly, the only time I see that personality type, the friendly killer or survivor, is when watching a streamer who makes money off of subscriber count.

    I didn't mention it because frankly we don't need to draw attention to the obvious, which is some players enjoy sulking in the misery of others. But that's with every game, any game you play will have these types of people.

    It's just better to look at the positives in things rather than focus on the negatives. It gives people a better state of mind and overall can be an encouraging factor to also help others gain this sense of well being as well.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727438#Comment_727438

    I didn't mention it because frankly we don't need to draw attention to the obvious, which is some players enjoy sulking in the misery of others. But that's with every game, any game you play will have these types of people.

    It's just better to look at the positives in things rather than focus on the negatives. It gives people a better state of mind and overall can be an encouraging factor to also help others gain this sense of well being as well.

    I appreciate it, but this game offers a special kind of vitriol. It's the only game I've ever had mine and my families lives threatened. I mean I understand man's need for hope but with DbD you are like the man standing in front of the 500ft tsunami espousing that positive thoughts can make the situation better. It can't. And while that man is a better human for doing so he is going to be a smear in the sand from the weight of the water.

    The community was left to fester for far too long early on and there is no repairing it.

  • no one said it wasnt.

    we just say there dont need to be more punishments for it.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    I prefer to not call play styles pathetic. Let people have fun and play the way they need to to enjoy the game.

    DbD players are too worried about what others are doing.

    This, a thousand times this.

    I get that people aren't going to like it. Hell, I don't like it.

    But getting mad when it's in your power to do something about it THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE FEEDING THE CAMPER OR TROLL and you refuse to do it, I have very little sympathy for you.

    worry about your own game. getting camped is 2 minutes out of your game session. IN the grand scheme of things, it's nothing.

  • Well, like the other countless threads on camping, this one should be interesting.

    Untitled Image


  • Oh boy, time to get the popcorn. Might need some extra though, looks like some people gonna get banned after this thread🍿

  • @Well_Placed_HexTotem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727144#Comment_727144

    That’s BS. At least in red ranks, survivors use it as a get out of jail/troll the killer perk and not anti-tunnel. It’s hard to NOT tunnel many DS users, they go out of their way to make the perk proc.

    I am at red ranks and I rarely get hit by ds. Just slug them, it's not that hard. Or just eat the ds and catch them again.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They should work on getting rid of face camping after they balance for voice chat, end infinite loops, take about 2/3 of existing pallets and jungle gyms away, give Survivors some weapons or something to defend themselves with instead of running in long circles that take forever to down someone.

    I can not help but compare with Friday the 13Th. In that game, voice chat didn't matter because Jason had all the tools he needed to deal with a group of 7. In this game, more than half the roster don't have the tools needed to deal with a group of 4. Basically, the only viable Killers are the ones that can shut down loops. Most Killers can't.

    This is a problem because the devs designed a game where looping around pallets and window vaults is the only thing Survivors have to defend themselves with. Of course they run annoying loops. There is a little mind game strategy to it. But, otherwise, it's not hard for people who know how to run loops to run loops. It doesn't take hardly any skill. Survivors are too easy to play. Hold M1 to pop gens, run in circles like you're playing tag at recess. That's the entire game in a nutshell from their angle. So, of course they run loops. That's all this game is for them.

    I don't know if running loops is fun for them, I'd think it'd be boring. I know "the chase" is not fun for me as the Killer. The amount of time it takes to leave a hook, knowing someone is most likely hiding somewhere nearby to unhook, just to go to a random gen and hope someone is there (bad odds in early game) just to waste minutes actually finding someone and tunneling them through loops just to down them. In a game of time management, it's not worth the risk and the time to leave the hook for more than proximity bating an unhook to go in for another attack.

    Camping is my most viable strategy because loops are too numerous and hard to counter. It saves time because Survivors come to me with a distracted goal of unhooking. That puts me in a far better position to hit them than trying to find them in the open when they hear me coming and hide.

    If the devs don't want camping; they sure didn't design the game well around that idea. 'Leave a hook, the person gets rescued, you have a 1/7 chance at finding someone, only to be ran in circles for 5 minutes through 3 jungle gyms and an infinite loop, while 3 gens go off and the person who's unhooked is healed, with no guarantee at all you'll ever catch the new person you found.'

    Yeah.... I think I'll just roam around the hook out of sight of the hooked person. That usually proves to be better odds for me 9 times out of 10.

    In Friday the 13Th campers have weapons to fight back with and different methods for getting out. Jason has the tools to deal with anything being thrown at him by the campers. Looping me? Throwing knife. Hiding from me? Sense. Splitting up? Teleport. So, who wins at Friday the 13Th is the side who has the most skill. Who wins in DBD is runs the best little playground circles.

    This entire game is 1 Survivor loops while 3 others do the 1 way to get out. I see why a lot of people call it boring. This game can be fun. It has potential. But, it really is just running in circles for hours at a time.

    How about trying to mindgame at loops and not vaulting every window? Good killers can end chases very quickly, it is not impossible to catch survivors quickly. You are basically saying that you camp because you are bad at killer.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/727036#Comment_727036

    But exactly what can be done? They already do a hook camping proximity penalty, but that's pointless to killers who don't care about rank or points.

    They could do more than just the perk that slows progression, and if a killer is camping slow/stop entity progression to urge them to move on. It’s pretty ridiculous to get into single digit ranked matches with killers who camp from the start rather than looking for other survivors, and it’s stupid because they rob themselves of points while playing the saltiest “strategy” ever concocted. And if you hook someone in the first minute and then camp them to death, whether people try to rescue them or not, you’re refusing that person the chance to even participate in the game at all, which honestly could be argued as holding the game hostage for the hooked person. When I play killer I don’t staying near the hook at all unless I spotted someone right near it, or there’s an incredibly toxic person/group. It takes all the fun out of the game to camp. It’s also kind of ridiculous to hit a high rank and then be de-ranked repeatedly because 90% of killers hard campaign survivors from start and if you happen to be the unlucky first catch you’re out of luck on both points and rank.

  • @HP150

    So you probably didnt understand, what they were talking about in the clip. But okay, just hear what you think you want to hear. They just said its part of the game, that goes also for teabagging, but i dont think thats ok for you. they didnt mentioned that its wanted like it is, cause they say that they need to think about the hooked one more (what never even happened) and give unlogical reasoning how to save them (from different angles, which doesnt work).

    But the most awful about the clip is, that its made by Gammalunatic, one of the most toxic killer mains ever in DbD.

‹ 1 2