Camaraderie could become problematic

camaraderie.png

What do you guys think ? 34s is a long time imao. If all 4 survivors use it it's bonus 136s from all hooks. Huh it's still better then having dead perk like it was before I guess.

Comments

  • @Mtom912 said:

    @SenzuDuck that was fun to read ngl, you must of enjoyed that

    Do you mean the bit where I'm consistently accused of being a survivor main despite being in the top 500 killers? LUL.


    Yea, I always get a chuckle out of people who dismiss me because I'm a "survivor main" as if that's a bad thing? and then dismiss me when I prove I'm not a survivor main.

    People just can't handle having someone that plays killer more than them disagree with them.

  • @Peanits said:

    I can't see it ever really affecting me as a killer. This would only make a difference in situations where someone's in the struggle phase but can't save them. If they can save them, that will always be preferable anyway. In other words, I'd have to be camping the hook for it to do anything.

    Not to mention that I get a 4 second warning whenever someone goes to save them, since the timer pauses.

    Just make it so the effects don't stack? Problem solved.

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/666654#Comment_666654

    Just make it so the effects don't stack? Problem solved.

    What do you mean "Doesn't stack"?

    The person who is on the hook is the one who needs the perk, once it's activated once that person will never have the benefit again, if someone else is running the perk, you'll also need to go and activate it on them, it's a huge time waste for survivors when they may as well just do gens anyway if the killer is camping.

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/666654#Comment_666654

    Just make it so the effects don't stack? Problem solved.

    They don't stack. The guy on the hook needs to be using the perk and it can only activate once.

  • O.o I don't see a issue with it. I mean unless u hang around the hook. Why would 34 seconds matter? if I hook ya a 2nd time you get unhooked shortly after as I don't hang around. The perk got 0 use as next hook your dead anyway. I probably won't have a issue or even notice people run it. Makes tunneling easier thou if it displays the freeze timer.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/667029#Comment_667029

    They don't stack. The guy on the hook needs to be using the perk and it can only activate once.

    So I need to equip the perk, get hooked, twice or left on the hook, and when I go in struggle phase I need to pray that someone come and safe me?

    The perk is only useful if the killer is face camping or unhooking survivor is getting chased by the killer.

    Sorry, I fail to see, why I ever should take this perk.

    Unhooks are better done with BT and Deliverance, if I don't want to get tunneled I pack DS and I rather take a perk, that helps me NOT get hooked than one, that eventually let's me sit 34s longer on the hook...yeah, 34s more to hang around.

    Why do we get this perk?

  • *picks Insidious Leatherface*

    "My legs don't work, Captain....I'm stuck in the nest!"

    'We'll ride her down together, son...we'll ride her down together.'

  • If there is a cooldown then it won't be a problem, but since it doesn't say there is any, I can see it being way too strong. Could you imagine a SWF group who swarms hook but all of them have this perk, so you are forced too camp too not loose the person, but they never struggle too death? This perk needs a cooldown and a way shorter life span.

  • If you're not camping, this doesn't bother you *sips tea*

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    If there is a cooldown then it won't be a problem, but since it doesn't say there is any, I can see it being way too strong. Could you imagine a SWF group who swarms hook but all of them have this perk, so you are forced too camp too not loose the person, but they never struggle too death? This perk needs a cooldown and a way shorter life span.

    It can only trigger on each survivor once.

    The absolute longest a Survivor can survive on the Hook with this perk is 152 seconds, counting first phase.

  • @Horror_Gaming said:

    Good give survivors some decent perks for a change. If killers don’t camp then the perk is useless ^

    its for anti camping and I welcome it

    You really haven't looked at survivor perks have you?

  • Wow, I shouldn't even bother reading these. Half the time it's just "REEEEEEEEEE" from both sides.

  • Also, assuming the time does stack and I get the full ADDITIONAL 102 seconds on hook,

    I'M NOT STRUGGLING THAT LONG lol

    If yall ain't saved me after about 45 seconds, I'm letting go regardless XD

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    If there is a cooldown then it won't be a problem, but since it doesn't say there is any, I can see it being way too strong. Could you imagine a SWF group who swarms hook but all of them have this perk, so you are forced too camp too not loose the person, but they never struggle too death? This perk needs a cooldown and a way shorter life span.

    Cooldown? For what purpose? It activates once

  • @RakimSockem said:

    Also, assuming the time does stack and I get the full ADDITIONAL 102 seconds on hook,

    I'M NOT STRUGGLING THAT LONG lol

    If yall ain't saved me after about 45 seconds, I'm letting go regardless XD

    It activates once. You will only ever get 34 seconds.

  • Hm interesting. This is gonna be so strong late game, 32 seconds is long but maybe it won't be bothersome if you don't camp? I just can't shake the feeling that this is gonna be abused very hard.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/666990#Comment_666990

    With what you've said you've just enforced what I've said, It has only gotten easier for survivors, killers still 4Kd then and they're DEFINITELY 4King now, and you shouldn't even be aiming for 4Ks tbh.

    My point stands, game is easier than it has ever been for killers.

    Sure it's easier. But not easy when you play against optimal survivors. From what I can see and tell. I mean just looking at the game's design and analysing map design you can still see that survivors have enough ways to fight back, except maybe against Spirit and Nurse. Survivors that play optimally can still use the defences they have to make the match hard for a killer. Which of course should be that way.

    But I just feel that if you wanted to win back then you had to hope that survivors make much more mistakes than you do.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/667011#Comment_667011

    Sure it's easier. But not easy when you play against optimal survivors. From what I can see and tell. I mean just looking at the game's design and analysing map design you can still see that survivors have enough ways to fight back, except maybe against Spirit and Nurse. Survivors that play optimally can still use the defences they have to make the match hard for a killer. Which of course should be that way.

    But I just feel that if you wanted to win back then you had to hope that survivors make much more mistakes than you do.

    That's fine though, if survivors had 0 ways to fight back it would be 4Ks all day.

  • Sounds like it's only gonna hurt campers.

    I'm cool with it

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/667460#Comment_667460

    That's fine though, if survivors had 0 ways to fight back it would be 4Ks all day.

    Yes of course. In my opinion, this game is healthily balanced if an optimal killer can get in avarage 1 or 2 kills against an optimal team. I'd say 1k is even fine, since it takes all four survivors to be optimal, while the killers is alone and doesn't depend on anyone.

  • I see a lot of people saying "It will only affect campers", but as I see it's not like that at all. Looks more like it will reward survivors for bad plays.

    One thing that happens often is: a survivor runs toward the hook right after his teammate gets hooked, before the killer had even a chance to go away, get spoted and starts a chase, looping the killer right by the side of the hook.

    Or maybe: killer leaves the hook, sees a survivor running towards it, and go after him/her. The survivor, instead of getting the killer away from the hook, goes in it's direction anyway and start looping the killer near it.

    This is not "camping" at all. If the survivor and the killer are at the hook at the same time, the survivor is doing something wrong. You should never try to loop where a person is hooked, and if a killer sees a survivor going towards it anyway, he/she is not suposed to leave and give the survivors a free unhook. This is not "camping". Of course, survivors who make this mistake usually call the killer "camper". Anything is "camping" and "tunneling" this days, isn't it?

    If the killer is actually facecamping and making an unhook impossible, survivors should be away from it quickly fixing the gens. If they are near the hook, the killer actually has a reason to stay around, and campers will try to keep this going until the hooked one finnally dies, even if it takes longer.

    Camaderie doesn't look to me like a thing against campers, more like survivors getting less punishment for their own mistakes.

  • @Kebek said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/474/Q6T3AI32XCIX.png

    What do you guys think ? 34s is a long time imao. If all 4 survivors use it it's bonus 136s from all hooks. Huh it's still better then having dead perk like it was before I guess.

    i don't see anything about it saying it stacks.

    also, it only works for you while you are on the hook, so you can choose to equip it, buying yourself a bit more struggle time if someone comes to save you but doesn't seal the deal, but you can't equip it to pause someone else's struggle timer.

    some people want to exist longer on the hook, some people don't. i'm pretty sure they're letting us make that choice individually.

  • @Kebek said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/474/Q6T3AI32XCIX.png

    What do you guys think ? 34s is a long time imao. If all 4 survivors use it it's bonus 136s from all hooks. Huh it's still better then having dead perk like it was before I guess.

    Itll get nerfed hopefully cuz if I run against survs that all are running it I'm just gonna DC cuz I won't put up with that pfft 34 frocking seconds??? Like ######### that will put killers at a huge disadvantage, especially since the new killer perks arnt that good tbh

  • @PiedPiper365 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/84949/camaraderie-could-become-problematic

    Itll get nerfed hopefully cuz if I run against survs that all are running it I'm just gonna DC cuz I won't put up with that pfft 34 frocking seconds??? Like ######### that will put killers at a huge disadvantage, especially since the new killer perks arnt that good tbh

    But!!! I'll have to play against survs who do have it to see if I still have a fighting chance if not then try to come up with a strat

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/667019#Comment_667019

    Do you mean the bit where I'm consistently accused of being a survivor main despite being in the top 500 killers? LUL.

    Yea, I always get a chuckle out of people who dismiss me because I'm a "survivor main" as if that's a bad thing? and then dismiss me when I prove I'm not a survivor main.

    People just can't handle having someone that plays killer more than them disagree with them.

    Top 500 killers? How do you check that?

  • @Horror_Gaming said:

    Good give survivors some decent perks for a change. If killers don’t camp then the perk is useless ^

    its for anti camping and I welcome it

    Um, what do you call DS, BT, Adrenaline, and and any exhaustion perk?

  • @Kebek said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/474/Q6T3AI32XCIX.png

    What do you guys think ? 34s is a long time imao. If all 4 survivors use it it's bonus 136s from all hooks. Huh it's still better then having dead perk like it was before I guess.

    I just realised this mess up my tum tum insideous basement NERF PLEASE :)

  • But also if the killer is camping this is very good so tbh +1 RIP end game camping

    if all survivers is nearby thats good because then nobody is doing the object

  • A cool idea change in my opinion.. instead of the requirement of a survivor being 16 meters within you, why not make it the killer instead of the survivor? That way it will only punish campers

  • So a survivor can do half a Gen near a hooked guy and the hooked one suffers no consequences. Wow

  • If they change the time to 300 secs, anyway nobody will use it.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/667470#Comment_667470

    Yes of course. In my opinion, this game is healthily balanced if an optimal killer can get in avarage 1 or 2 kills against an optimal team. I'd say 1k is even fine, since it takes all four survivors to be optimal, while the killers is alone and doesn't depend on anyone.

    And Blackpip. Even when the killer gets a 4k, every survivor is able to pip. The killer is not able to pip without killing less than three people in the ranking system atm. I likely blackpip with two kills, even when i get two or three additional hooks. I think they need to make pipping easier when every survivor wants to 1v1 the killer.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/667029#Comment_667029

    They don't stack. The guy on the hook needs to be using the perk and it can only activate once.

    To clarify, once per hook, or once per match?

  • this will do nothing on low ranks and will destroy killers at high rank and against swf. i really want to know what the devs are smoking when they go to work once a week for an hour.

  • Yes. please, BHVR, punish campers more. They ain't even human beings as far as I'm concerned.

  • @gantes said:

    Yes. please, BHVR, punish campers more. They ain't even human beings as far as I'm concerned.

    I have doubts. But sure all want BHVR to punish DCs, and these are people too

  • @Ihatelife said:

    They buffed also a Second Wind. You don't need to be outside of terror radius anymore, but it's now 30 seconds.

    I do not see the same thing, maybe an error or an omission of modification in my language...

    But currently, on the PTB, I see a condition of 30 seconds outside the terror radius, in addition to an activation of the perk conditioned by the absence of status Broken...

    So what I see is not a buff at all.

    Concerning Camaraderie, it remains for me a very bad perk. The duration of the effect is not the problem, it is the effect itself.

  • @Chatkovski said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/666328#Comment_666328

    I do not see the same thing, maybe an error or an omission of modification in my language...

    But currently, on the PTB, I see a condition of 30 seconds outside the terror radius, in addition to an activation of the perk conditioned by the absence of status Broken...

    So what I see is not a buff at all.

    Concerning Camaraderie, it remains for me a very bad perk. The duration of the effect is not the problem, it is the effect itself.

    Mhm. Thanks for clarifying, my friend played ghostface so maybe that's why I was healing xd

  • Ok, a couple of things. This perk is in the PTB, which means that and literally anything else in the game are subject to change. And because it is in the PTB and not in the actual game yet we cannot judge this perk so soon. And my own opinion, this perk counters camping so I welcome that in open arms.

  • 34 more seconds of struggle points. weSmart.gif

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/666323#Comment_666323

    Maybe it's a reasonable change against the facecampers?

    Yeah this. Finally some really hurtful punishment against facecamper. Sadly, it will probably work om swf much better than solo q since its not stackable and it could happen that all 3 appear at the same time and it's only renders one time

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/666330#Comment_666330

    Bit far though. Plus if someones facecamping then what are they doing near the hook in the first place? They should be rushing gens.

    Solos usually don't know if the killer is (proxy) camping. So solos run aaaaaalll the way from the gen to check and see "oh well, seems like a camper. Lets go aaaaaalll the way back to my gen".

    That's when the perk comes handy. The wasted time is back again.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/666332#Comment_666332

    Solos usually don't know if the killer is (proxy) camping. So solos run aaaaaalll the way from the gen to check and see "oh well, seems like a camper. Lets go aaaaaalll the way back to my gen".

    That's when the perk comes handy. The wasted time is back again.

    @justarandy I see, then I guess it works doesn't it.

  • @justarandy It's another bandaid for it though which annoys me a lot.

  • @Poweas said:

    @justarandy It's another bandaid for it though which annoys me a lot.

    Yeah I agree with you. Kindred basekit (or at least showing only showing camping killer aura) would have done a better job

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/668428#Comment_668428

    Yeah I agree with you. Kindred basekit (or at least showing only showing camping killer aura) would have done a better job

    Yeah, glad to see someone else sees eye to eye with me on these bandaids.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/668432#Comment_668432

    Yeah, glad to see someone else sees eye to eye with me on these bandaids.

    Well.. We basically know each other lol..

  • They should buff gen regression as a tradeoff to the killers. Right now it is absolutely worthless, every survivor can stop the regression with 1 s of repair time. Gens should lose 20 % progress when hit and regress much faster. Repairing should stop the regression only after 5-10 s or so....

  • Well in that case this perk only punishes dumb killers.... smart killers don't face camp its a waste of pressure.....

1 2 3 4 5