"But Ebony Moris are rare!"

Just got in a game with a Leatherface that said he had 21 of them and he was happy when he got 3 DCs after his first mori(me). Oh and he was literally crab walking while going from place to place, lol.

Comments

  • @FiftyCalReaper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/650529#Comment_650529

    Borrowed Time, D-Strike, Dead Hard. Pick one of many second chance perks that survivors get and stop complaining.

    Besides what are you even talking about? If you get tunneled WITHOUT a mori you're screwed. If you get tunneled you get tunneled. But I'm sorry, I forgot. You're a survivor main, you're supposed to win every match and never get sacrificed.

    Alright alright you entitled killers need to take some holidays and relax.


    Im a survivor ? Based on what ? My opinion doesnt imply Im biaised here or there.


    Ds ? For a mori ? Nice.

    Dh ? Easy to bait ? Nice.

    Bt ? Don t camp ? Nice.


    What are YOU talking about mate.

  • I don't know how many moris I have

    So far I've used them only for dailies and the achievement

  • I would say that about 1/5 of my survivor games at rank 1 im playing against an ebony mori. I have around 30 stocked up on my spirit as well. They are very very common.

  • iirc the devs have said that the reason ebony moris are more common than they'd seem based on their rarity listing, is because there's less ultra rare items to find in bloodwebs. like, there's only ebonies and iridescent add-ons, usually equating to about 3-4 ultra rare items in total to find in a bloodweb. rare items are a much bigger pool, which is why you're less likely to find an ivory mori than an ebony. however, if you add up all of your rare add-ons and offerings, and compare them to the sum of your ultra rares, you'll find you have many more rares.

  • @FiftyCalReaper said:

    Oh look survivors complaining about more things.

    If you played killer for more than a few matches a day, you'd realize that killers have almost zero control over the match in Purple or Red ranks. Calling for nerfs on numerous perks and numerous killers, numerous items, just shows you got your ass killed and got salty and need to get better. I'm a damn good killer but against a coordinated Red rank team I can get legitimately bullied and there's not much you can do. Here's why...

    If survivors are constantly stuck on gens, refusing to heal, refusing to cleanse, refusing to look in chest, and do gens instead, let their team mates hang an extra 30 seconds, and do gens instead, and can loop decently, and pretty much never stop doing gens, you really can't do much, no matter how much people say "just pressure more."

    So whenever I see survivors constantly complaining it's just laughable. Survivors have so many second chance perks, and the only one killers have, NOED, is also constantly bitched about.

    "Surviviors have second chance perks".

    Killers have second chance mechanics. The game is built around killers having a second chance at every pallet stun. The game is built around killers having a second chance at every entity blocked window. The game is built around ######### Bloodlust.

    Can ya call a spade a spade or are Surviviors the only crybabies in the world?

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/650326#Comment_650326

    I mean, some people have 200 coxcomb clappers on their wraith. Doesnt mean it's not rare.

    If someone has been saving since they could find them, theyll have a lot, of rare offerings.

    Seeing 3 on one blood web I'll call bullshit all day without a pic. Even then I'd say its photoshopped.

    I've had 3 moris in one blood web before but never 3 ebony moris

  • @Jago said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/650527#Comment_650527

    "Don't get tunneled". Yeah. Looks like a nice counter. Thank you, very cool.

    It's even more fun when one realizes that the best anti tunnel perk doesn't even work against the mori

  • I think that a simple nerf to moris will suffice. Instead of ebony & ivory being activated after hooking someone once, it's activated after hooking EVERYONE once or hooking an individual twice.

  • @Masantonio

    100% the coward part. Ebony Moris are for cowards, plain and simple, you literally cannot change this killer main's mind. Ivory, Cypress, Devour, those aren't really an issue, with Cypress/Devour actually requiring the game be played and having simple counterplay, but Ebony is by a wide margin used by people who aren't capable of genuine 4ks.

    @the person suggesting BP gains for mori'd survivors: I agree. Moris gut emblems and the ability to participate, and not for any real benefit to either killer or survivor. They're as superficial as their users.

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    @Masantonio

    100% the coward part. Ebony Moris are for cowards, plain and simple, you literally cannot change this killer main's mind. Ivory, Cypress, Devour, those aren't really an issue, with Cypress/Devour actually requiring the game be played and having simple counterplay, but Ebony is by a wide margin used by people who aren't capable of genuine 4ks.

    @the person suggesting BP gains for mori'd survivors: I agree. Moris gut emblems and the ability to participate, and not for any real benefit to either killer or survivor. They're as superficial as their users.

    Ebonies aren't for cowards, just those that enjoy efficient and quick games.

  • @Masantonio

    If you can't provide that by skill and need a mori for that, you have some hours to put into the game.

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    @Masantonio

    If you can't provide that by skill and need a mori for that, you have some hours to put into the game.

    I don't NEED a Mori, however it's always nice to let off some steam and not have to drench myself in sweat every game.

  • @Masantonio

    Honestly, if 'playing sweaty' was an issue, I'd agree. I'd hate to play Huntress or Wraith to the point where I'm as comfortable as I am with high-rank Pig, and I'd probably play more Moris just to get the breathing room to raise my skill cap. Still, a confident killer doesn't need a Mori, and a skilled one won't be too challenged without Moris or Ruin.

    (Also, please note I'm using the colloquial 'you', I don't know you specifically and am not trying to impinge on your personal skill)

  • Problem is just the community imo. Players talk about their experience and get delusional that it also affects the entire community. Than they get heard by a couple others and than use those few as 'evidence' to support their claim. Once the other side wants to bring up an agrue against it or bring in other examples showing 'unfair' advantages they say it's not the same or just dismiss it.

    Ebony Mori, insta heal, BNP are annoying to go against because they create unfair situations. Not fun to go down twice and just die. Also not fun to injure somebody and get rewarded by them just instantly healing themselves. This isn't even talking about perks for either side. Do belive there are counters to every stlye of play but it doesn't mean it's optimal. Also belive this game will never feel balanced no matter what devs do or how loudly people cry.

  • Keys are “rare” too still have ppl bringing them in every 3rd game. Not to mention they have an outrageusly high chance to get them from random boxes nowdays.

  • I personally don't see a problem with them, it's a game and the mori is a part of the game. It's not like you'll see them every match. I usually just laugh when i get killed by a mori and move on to the next match. Put away the survivors rule book and play the game, if it bothers you that much play a different game. Simple.....

  • everytime i upgrade the bloodweb on my non prestiged 50 level pig, i see there an ebony mori. every time.

  • I mean, the biggest downside of moris is that they prevent you from running bps or pudding. Thats why killers dont run them as often as they could, add that to the low amount of points you would get anyways due to the lack of chases and hooks, and it was pretty much a waste of time for everyone involved, even the killer.

  • i litteraly get 1 every 2 levels with bubba lmao

  • Remove all moris....and keys. Then its okay. Survivors won't be willing to accept that though.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    Just got in a game with a Leatherface that said he had 21 of them and he was happy when he got 3 DCs after his first mori(me). Oh and he was literally crab walking while going from place to place, lol.

    PicsArt_08-27-01.10.49.jpg


  • So did you guys know that rare items drop more frequently on Level 50 killers? Everybody complaining that "rare" items aren't "rare" doesn't understand the mechanics of the blood web. Have you ever had an Ebony pop up randomly on a Level 10 killer? I haven't. Cypress yes.

    Same thing for Survivor add ons. You won't get instaheals at low levels. You'll start getting all the good shot at Level 50.

  • @Kebek said:

    So what, they are supposed to be powerfull and make killer feel really OP. Survivors have powefull stuff too, a lot of it actually. Whenever anyone faces 4 man SWF with 4 instaheals it's not fun especially when you play M1 killer at the same time. Or when they take 4 Engineer's toolboxes with addons and rush gens like crazy with them.

    All of these addons/items/offering are designed to make you feel more powerfull and make other side feel weak compared to you unless they run the same broken sruff like you. But not a single addons/items/offering is as broken as it was back in a day.

    They are really strong yes but if you just nerf everything you'll also take away all variety from the game. If something goes overboard devs will adjust it and since they aren't nerfing anything right now it seems they consider moris and all other strong addons/items/offering fine.

    Do survivors have anything that can bypass steps? A mori deprives a survivor of being hooked a second time and an additional chase. Do survivors have anything that allow them to nullify having to complete a generator? What would the Survivor equivalent of a tombstone be? Or Mori? I think a mori is more devastating to a Survivor than a brand new part or insta heal is to a killer.


  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    Remove all moris....and keys. Then its okay. Survivors won't be willing to accept that though.

    If 4 survs want to use a key the have to finish 5 gens and find the hatch. Do you really think keys are better than moris?

    The equivalent is 1 ebony mori=4 instaheals

  • @kid187em "It's not like you'll see them every match" *looks at all the killers with over 20 ebony moris and remembers every few games they've had when playing survivor*

    Yeah, maybe not EVERY match, just at least 1/3rd of my matches. Doesn't make it fair or fun when you have to wait 10-15 minutes for a match.

    "Put away the survivor's rulebook and play the game"

    I'd love to play the game. Moris pretty much prevent that. Let's not forget that again, it takes 10-15 minutes for a game, and that others disconnect. I'd also love to see where I said anything about what a killer has to do or doesn't. Moris are not fair, there's nothing to counter them unlike other things in the game, and there's no survivor equivalent of offering. It's not fair, and using the excuse of "you won't see them every game" does not make it fair. Sure, a mori would be fine on it's own, if it didn't cut the killer's requirements by MORE than 1/3, and shorten the game by a ton, and give lower BP for everyone involved. Anyone using an ebony mori isn't doing it for any good reason. They're literally only doing it to piss people off. It's basically legalized griefing and needs to be changed. I mean if they introduce a survivor offering that allows you to do 2 gens and have the hatch open once that happens, sure it'd be FAIR, but I would rather make mori basekit after 2 hooks and a down(with the same mechanics as now regarding points, so they're incentivized to hook instead with more points), and remove the offerings. Not only would it make moris more fun, it'd also make it where you didn't have to rely on an offering or certain very counterable perks to get your mori rituals in.

  • @prayer_survivor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/652814#Comment_652814

    If 4 survs want to use a key the have to finish 5 gens and find the hatch. Do you really think keys are better than moris?

    The equivalent is 1 ebony mori=4 instaheals

    Yes, hell yes. They buy free escapes for up to multiple survivors and completely undo a killers momentum. They're the equal of a killer using a mori very early game WITHOUT the point negatives.

    A mori takes away the killers points and hurts the ranks. Then you lose the add ons you brought anyways. Escape with a key as a team and your team keeps their stuff.

  • @malloymk said:

    Survivors wait longer to get lobbies and don't want to wait 10 minutes to get mori'd in 3 minutes.

    At least give some sort of bloodpoint compensation.

    Where do you live? Cause where i live, killers have to wait about 10 to 30 mins, and survivors about 1 or 2.

  • Not that rare. I easily get one on every blood web at 50. Not that instant heals are rare either. I get the same amount as EB.

  • Moris are useful for teabaggers and flashlight spammers.

  • This game doesn't need any Mori's, insta heals, keys, or other overpowered red addons in my opinion.

  • They are rare. The fact that people save them doesn't prove otherwise. If anything, people save them because they're rare, just like with literally everything else.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    Remove all moris....and keys. Then its okay. Survivors won't be willing to accept that though.

    i would. i find keys not worth the item slot anyway

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    @FishFry247 This is mainly just to counter the arguments of people saying that moris are rare so they're fine. They're not fine and they're not rare when people have that many stocked up. I've heard of people having 50+ on one character, and seeing 3 on one bloodweb.

    Pretty sure Monto said he has like 200 on his Myers alone.

  • @Orion said:

    They are rare. The fact that people save them doesn't prove otherwise. If anything, people save them because they're rare, just like with literally everything else.

    A lot of us find them in pretty much every bloodweb, how is that rare?

  • It’s for the extra spicy endgame chat

  • I just use my moris with Dying Light if i feel like it, but i dont mind them getting removed, if insta heals and keys get removed as well.

  • @PickCollins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/650385#Comment_650385

    "Surviviors have second chance perks".

    Killers have second chance mechanics. The game is built around killers having a second chance at every pallet stun. The game is built around killers having a second chance at every entity blocked window. The game is built around ######### Bloodlust.

    Can ya call a spade a spade or are Surviviors the only crybabies in the world?

    Without bloodlust or window blockers many tiles would become infinites. The game would turn into a bully simulator

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    I would say that about 1/5 of my survivor games at rank 1 im playing against an ebony mori. I have around 30 stocked up on my spirit as well. They are very very common.

    They can't be diluted. On Billy u get even more coz he has no ultra rare add-ons. But I rarely use them. I get less blodpoints

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    @Masantonio

    100% the coward part. Ebony Moris are for cowards, plain and simple, you literally cannot change this killer main's mind. Ivory, Cypress, Devour, those aren't really an issue, with Cypress/Devour actually requiring the game be played and having simple counterplay, but Ebony is by a wide margin used by people who aren't capable of genuine 4ks.

    @the person suggesting BP gains for mori'd survivors: I agree. Moris gut emblems and the ability to participate, and not for any real benefit to either killer or survivor. They're as superficial as their users.

    I have like 50 but don't use them

    I have a disadvantage ffs I want bloodpoints

    But if u all are P3 claudetes with flashlights you better bet your ass I'm bringing a mori

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    @kid187em "It's not like you'll see them every match" *looks at all the killers with over 20 ebony moris and remembers every few games they've had when playing survivor*

    Yeah, maybe not EVERY match, just at least 1/3rd of my matches. Doesn't make it fair or fun when you have to wait 10-15 minutes for a match.

    "Put away the survivor's rulebook and play the game"

    I'd love to play the game. Moris pretty much prevent that. Let's not forget that again, it takes 10-15 minutes for a game, and that others disconnect. I'd also love to see where I said anything about what a killer has to do or doesn't. Moris are not fair, there's nothing to counter them unlike other things in the game, and there's no survivor equivalent of offering. It's not fair, and using the excuse of "you won't see them every game" does not make it fair. Sure, a mori would be fine on it's own, if it didn't cut the killer's requirements by MORE than 1/3, and shorten the game by a ton, and give lower BP for everyone involved. Anyone using an ebony mori isn't doing it for any good reason. They're literally only doing it to piss people off. It's basically legalized griefing and needs to be changed. I mean if they introduce a survivor offering that allows you to do 2 gens and have the hatch open once that happens, sure it'd be FAIR, but I would rather make mori basekit after 2 hooks and a down(with the same mechanics as now regarding points, so they're incentivized to hook instead with more points), and remove the offerings. Not only would it make moris more fun, it'd also make it where you didn't have to rely on an offering or certain very counterable perks to get your mori rituals in.

    I don't use moris but if 4 survivors join with flashlights at the same time I'm going to enjoi moriing all of you :)

  • @toxicmegg said:

    everytime i upgrade the bloodweb on my non prestiged 50 level pig, i see there an ebony mori. every time.

    It's a level 50

    U don't see moris at level 10

  • @Bloodlust_Gamer69 I have upwards of 150 across my characters, and this killer main doesn't care about P3 Claudettes: they don't learn to actually hide, so they're easy to predict.

    BP and emblems both suffer if you're insecure enough to bring a mori, so your excuse is invalid.

  • @ElusivePukka said:

    @Bloodlust_Gamer69 I have upwards of 150 across my characters, and this killer main doesn't care about P3 Claudettes: they don't learn to actually hide, so they're easy to predict.

    BP and emblems both suffer if you're insecure enough to bring a mori, so your excuse is invalid.

    I'm not a killer main. I play both and I'm rank 5 on killer so im not the best. I have been bullied before and if I see a 4 man swf with flashlights then I'm bringing a mori, as I want to have a chance.

  • @Bloodlust_Gamer69

    I play both too, got hit a bit hard by the rank reset on killer side because this season I've been doing a lot of survivor to help people save up for Stranger Things. Killer main at heart though, and yeah, I've been bullied too.

    It's just showing how insecure a killer is when they feel like they have to tunnel and/or mori in order to get the kill. If you respond to toxicity with toxicity, well.. you lose. You're playing their game then, and yeah: you'll be at a disadvantage. Beat them with skill, and bathe in the salt from losers who think OoO, flashlights, and awful hiding skills are gonna best a killer who's calm and collected.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Not only ultrarare, they aren't cheap either!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/236/LWB3FMSURAEZ.jpg

    14 millions in BP spent in the BW to get this many! add the 20(25) I already used:

    7000*92(95)= 644,000(679,000) in BP spent... only in the ebonys!!!

    For a killer to get a ebony, he must spent a lot of time in matches to get enough BP to buy it

    Even if you made 32k every match, that amount is only worth 4 ebonys... if you dont bought anything else in the BW!

    Above level 50 every BW can cost you potentially 50k, thats two to four killer's matches

    So every killer earned with sweat and blood the right to use every single mori he can get!

    You get 50k bp in one game as killer. If you need to play 4 games as killer to get 50k bloodpoints then perhaps you do need the mori :P

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654191#Comment_654191

    The maximum amount of BP you can gain in a match is 32,000 (Without BBQ and offerings!)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/040/89FGZVSJYTYE.jpg

    8000 for each of the 4 categories

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/273/7463E3RGP32R.jpg

    https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Bloodpoints

    32,000 BP means you had a perfect game!

    where you hooked 12 times all survivors (3 each), nobody escaped, broke a lot of pallets (and gens) hit the survivors at least 24 times, etc!

    Are you telling me that you get every single of your matches more than a perfect score?

    Because I dont, even with a BBQ and offerings, and even lees in higher ranks!!!

    This is the score i get if i did really well:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/230/WQN9WAYPIK0Z.jpg

    And this is my average score if I didn't

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/137/OQHZ4QXNMIUJ.jpg

    Maybe Easycheat isnt working as intended if you really do! because not every killer out there have BBQ to gain more than the capped quantity of BP as you do

    Without bbq I get around 20-30k a match. Since in the wraith screenshot you were using bbq I assumed you play with bbq most matches as wraith which makes it very possible to get 50k in a single match. Rarely do I end the match without having hooked each survivor at least once and with 20k bp (which is doubled to 40k).

    I do not know the exact chances for ultra-rare nodes in the bloodweb but if we assume there is at least 1 ultra-rare every 3 bloodwebs and you're playing as a killer without ultra-rare offerings, you can get 1 ebony mori for every 3 games you play.

    Doesn't sound that "ultra-rare" to me.

  • @Bloodlust_Gamer69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/651360#Comment_651360

    Without bloodlust or window blockers many tiles would become infinites. The game would turn into a bully simulator

    Never said they wouldn't. What I am saying is that is that killers need to come clean about the mechanics they have that do the work for them.

    And if every map gets reworked like Badham, Bloodlust and the Entity blocker should be removed entirely.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    @PolarBear

    I do not know the exact chances for ultra-rare nodes in the bloodweb but if we assume there is at least 1 ultra-rare every 3 bloodwebs and you're playing as a killer without ultra-rare offerings, you can get 1 ebony mori for every 3 games you play.

    Doesn't sound that "ultra-rare" to me.

    let's see

    This is an average bloodweb in my P3 Wraith (freshly screenshooted):

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/213/PEJGB7OBZ9Q0.jpg

    common: 10

    uncommon: 6

    rare 6

    very rare 3

    ultra rare 1

    Even if every single of my BW had a ebony or two(that's the maximum ebonis I ever seen in MY bloodwebs)

    The rarity is by any means correct!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/527/QDZMLUI728KA.jpg

    62000(+3000 of the last item to go to the next BW) Effin BP spent getting the ebony!!! thats AT LEAST 3 matches even with my Wraith, as you said already, and the mori will only useful in one of the next 3 matches while I manage to get another...

    ... and still that not ultra rare for you???

    At least 3 times as survivor, got a BW with 4 BNP where I manage to get 3! but whe haven't as much threads as this were the survivors (or the killers for that case) complain about the rarity of BNP isn't?

    That's bc BNP is not as powerful as a Mori. The only thing that's to scale with a Mori is a key, and that's not even the most fair comparison.

  • 2 things should happen if a Mori is burned.

    1. It's impossible for someone to depip. Everyone black pips at minimum.

    2. Decisive strike gets reverted for that match and the killer cannot juggle anymore.

    Ebony Moris should require that everyone be hooked one or that you can only use it if someone is on death hook. Currently it's too easy and too powerful. ######### rarity and ######### cost. Nobody cared that BNP was ultra rare and costly when it instantly did a generator now did they?

1 2 3