Remove the ability for the Killer to see the Survivors with items.

The amount of dodging is out of control - Dodge-A-Mania 2019.

What I've noticed is that if there is 2 or more Survivors with a toolbox, the Killer disconnects.

I don't even bring the primo sheet. Just a brown toolbox cuz I'm Prestige`ing Jane.


I get why INTIALLY Killers could see the items... so they could change their loadout / lightborn/Frank's/etc, but now they are abusing the game mechanics to force a Burger King Junior Whopper EZ mode.

Comments

  • another dumb survivor idea meant to make their game easier.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/395785#Comment_395785

    Dedicated servers don't magically make ping disappear. That's not how ping works.

    No but giving the excuse that a killers connection is unstable won't be the problem. The problem will move to whether BHVR's servers are stable now. It's not going to make everyone have sub 30 ping of course.

  • I almost never get dodged

  • @Dustin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/395796#Comment_395796

    No but giving the excuse that a killers connection is unstable won't be the problem. The problem will move to whether BHVR's servers are stable now. It's not going to make everyone have sub 30 ping of course.

    Again, that's still not how ping works. Ping primarily has to do with the physical distance between the two connection points (in the case of dedicated servers, the user and the server). Dedicated servers don't bypass the laws of physics to allow for information to travel faster than the speed of light. Your ping may still be high, depending on the location of the nearest server.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/395808#Comment_395808

    Again, that's still not how ping works. Ping primarily has to do with the physical distance between the two connection points (in the case of dedicated servers, the user and the server). Dedicated servers don't bypass the laws of physics to allow for information to travel faster than the speed of light. Your ping may still be high, depending on the location of the nearest server.

    I'm not referring to distance between clients I am referring to stability. Such as killers (Host) who have a habit of their internet dropping mid game. However I will acknowledge my first post could have phrased this better.

  • @powerbats said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/395717#Comment_395717

    I get dodged all the time when there's just 1 item in the lobby or even none and a lot of times it's the killer checking profiles. When I bring something into game it's to use it to get rid of it finally.

    SInce usually a killer has Ruin anyways toolboxes get used pretty quickly even with good addons. I'll load into a lobby with an item equipped and if I see 1 or more unequip it and then 10 seconds still get dodged.

    If I don't join with an item equipped then equip one I get dodged even if I'm the only one with one. So yes it is a cherry picked lobby situation most of the time and not it's not because they'res multiple items.

    You've got Franklins, Lightborn, ShadowBorn, can pick your killer etc and yes you should be able to see the items but profiles shouldn't be viewable.

    Wait, how is Shadowborn considered a counter to items? I can see Franklin's and, in the case of flashlights, Lightborn, but Shadowborn?

  • @Maximus7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/395794#Comment_395794

    Wait, how is Shadowborn considered a counter to items? I can see Franklin's and, in the case of flashlights, Lightborn, but Shadowborn?

    Probably just confused the two perks.

  • Probably, although he listed Lightborn as well.

  • @Maximus7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/395794#Comment_395794

    Wait, how is Shadowborn considered a counter to items? I can see Franklin's and, in the case of flashlights, Lightborn, but Shadowborn?

    Shadowborn might help you against stealth skins

  • More talking about counters to ITEMS, though. And even then, you're like half correct on that one (some stealth skins are just too unfair for Shadowborn to help at all)

  • The amount of dodging is out of control - Dodge-A-Mania 2019. What I've noticed is that if there is 2 or more Survivors with a toolbox, the Killer disconnects.

    They also lobby dodge when they *think it's SWF. Between how long it takes for a lobby and lobby dodging your talking upwards of 30min on PS4. There needs to be a penalty for lobby dodging it's worse than dcing survs 😩

  • I see people pointing out that survivors bringing tool boxes, and the like are looking for an easier game, and the irony of them accusing killers of dodging for an easier game. To this I say it's the same as a killer bringing addons. Should I dodge every lobby where I suspect the killer is running strong addons or a mori? Or should I just suck it up and play the damn game? I think just playing the damn game is the better option for both sides. That includes the little bitches that DC all the time.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    I see people pointing out that survivors bringing tool boxes, and the like are looking for an easier game, and the irony of them accusing killers of dodging for an easier game. To this I say it's the same as a killer bringing addons. Should I dodge every lobby where I suspect the killer is running strong addons or a mori? Or should I just suck it up and play the damn game? I think just playing the damn game is the better option for both sides. That includes the little bitches that DC all the time.

    The problem with your example is the only time any killer can match 4 toolboxes is if it is a 4-5 blink Nurse with a mori on any map not named Lery's or Haddonfield. I do agree quite a few add-ons and moris should be looked at, but there's more stuff survivors have that also needs to be rebalanced.

  • @Maximus7My point is neither side can complain about what the other is bringing without being hypocritical. Both sides have broken things. But dodging or dcing because you suspect they're running them is just cowardly. Sometimes you'll get wrecked because of some op crap. Just play the game, shake of the bad game and move on when it's done.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    I see people pointing out that survivors bringing tool boxes, and the like are looking for an easier game, and the irony of them accusing killers of dodging for an easier game. To this I say it's the same as a killer bringing addons. Should I dodge every lobby where I suspect the killer is running strong addons or a mori? Or should I just suck it up and play the damn game? I think just playing the damn game is the better option for both sides. That includes the little bitches that DC all the time.

    The difference is that killers are addon dependend

    You say a killer lobbydodging is searchign for easy matches, I say survivors bringin items are looking for easy matches

  • @Master No, I say that using an item is looking for an easier match. Which is fine. Because why even bother having items if you can't use them? The same goes for killer addons and offerings. Both sides are trying to make the match easier for themselves. Dodging because you see a toolbox or dcing because you don't like what a killer brought is the problem.

  • *Sees 4 lunchboxes* *dodges* WOW LUL KILLER SCARED?! Uh yea, cuz gens already pop stupid fast, without 4 commodius/prove thyself. Why would I play a match where I literally will not get to play? We keep bringing up fun, but never consider the killer's fun. The killer is always just some #########, but survivors are saints and we have to give them a good time. That's such a stupid way of thinking, but it just floods this community. Another problem is people bring up one scenario and ignore any other issues a change could bring, or a reason something is happening. It's not all black and white folks.

  • @Maximus7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/395794#Comment_395794

    Wait, how is Shadowborn considered a counter to items? I can see Franklin's and, in the case of flashlights, Lightborn, but Shadowborn?


    I meant Shadowborn as a counter to dark cosmetic outfits toons, forgot to add that in there. Whenever I see P3 outfits or dark cosmetics I expect the killer to run Shadowborn.


    Lightborn was of course for the flashlights.

  • @NeaJovovich said:

    No.

    The Killer shouldn't be able to see the items cuz they quickly leave the lobby they've created.

    It's annoying.

    Killers are abusing a game mechanic and it needs to be removed.

    Ya feel me on this one?

    Once I can play nurse without 3 insta dc, then lets talk :P

  • @Acesthetiic said:

    I disagree, killers need to be able to see items in order to prepare for the match.

    Ok. But survivors need to be able to see the killers addon's before the match to then,

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    @Master No, I say that using an item is looking for an easier match. Which is fine. Because why even bother having items if you can't use them? The same goes for killer addons and offerings. Both sides are trying to make the match easier for themselves. Dodging because you see a toolbox or dcing because you don't like what a killer brought is the problem.

    As I said, killers are addon dependend while survivors are not.

  • Lobby dodger detected!

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/395312#Comment_395312

    Ok. But survivors need to be able to see the killers addon's before the match to then,

    Why so you can do exactly what you're crying about?Survivors bring items: "It's in the game stop crying." Killer uses addons: "WOW ######### SWEATY KILLER!"

  • @Caretaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/396186#Comment_396186

    Why so you can do exactly what you're crying about?Survivors bring items: "It's in the game stop crying." Killer uses addons: "WOW ######### SWEATY KILLER!"

    I'd never want to see the killers addons before game and have no issue with them seeing what item I've got equipped. @Zarr0ch Killers can't see survivor addons currently only items so I'm assuming that's a mistake.

  • @powerbats said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/396212#Comment_396212

    I'd never want to see the killers addons before game and have no issue with them seeing what item I've got equipped. @Zarr0ch Killers can't see survivor addons currently only items so I'm assuming that's a mistake.

    Me either cuz we'd never get games if that was the case. I run no addons so doesn't affect me, but I know if I ever play with friends it's gonna be dodge city.

  • @Master said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/395921#Comment_395921

    As I said, killers are addon dependend while survivors are not.

    This is hilarious.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Survivor sided game even without items. Bad survivor mains are crying all the time. Play both n understand each other's situation since BHVR can't balance things right now. Or make BOT killers who don't dodge, don't use NOED, don't camp and tunnel etc. Poor survivors will be happy with it.

    I do better as killer than as survivor.( rank 8 killer btw) and I’m a survivor main.

  • @Master said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/395921#Comment_395921

    As I said, killers are addon dependend while survivors are not.

    I can play killer without add-ons. They aren’t needed.

  • The only time I lobby dodge is if my ping is bad.

  • Honestly, the Killer should only be able to see VICTIM 1, VICTIM 2, VICTIM 3, VICTIM 4.

    It's getting to the point that the Killer is dodging left and right based on WHAT THEY THINK the Survivor's perks are.

    I keep landing in lobbies full of Ash Survivors and the Killer DCs.

    It's annoying.

  • The amount of dodging is out of control - Dodge-A-Mania 2019. What I've noticed is that if there is 2 or more Survivors with a toolbox, the Killer disconnects.

    How about buffing killer to a viable level so they dont have to dodge?

    They ain't dodging because they have a fair chance.

  • @mcNuggets said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/55013/remove-the-ability-for-the-killer-to-see-the-survivors-with-items

    How about buffing killer to a viable level so they dont have to dodge?

    They ain't dodging because they have a fair chance.

    How about learning how to play said killers since so many have no issues beating potatoes most of the time. Just remember that the mythical 4 man depip swat team are all in your head.

    Your odds of facing them if at all are so low you have a better chance of actually learning to play and doing well.

  • "REMOVE THE ABILITY FOR THE KILLER TO SEE THE SURVIVORS WITH ITEMS."

    So What you are saying is that if I'm holding a toolbox then I'll be invisible.

    Genius!

  • @mcNuggets said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/55013/remove-the-ability-for-the-killer-to-see-the-survivors-with-items

    How about buffing killer to a viable level so they dont have to dodge?

    They ain't dodging because they have a fair chance.

    How about you git gud ever thought of that?

  • Still experiencing this.


    Really upsetting me.

    There should be Survivor DC timeout of 10 minutes and Killer Lobby Hosting timeout of 10 Minutes for dodging.


    Ya D I G???

  • @NeaJovovich said:

    No.

    The Killer shouldn't be able to see the items cuz they quickly leave the lobby they've created.

    It's annoying.

    Killers are abusing a game mechanic and it needs to be removed.

    Ya feel me on this one?

    we are aloud to pick who we play with/vs dont like it go find a new game

  • @Master said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/395880#Comment_395880

    The difference is that killers are addon dependend

    You say a killer lobbydodging is searchign for easy matches, I say survivors bringin items are looking for easy matches


    Flashlights, toolboxes, and medkits are a part of the game!

    Check my post history, you will never ever see me cry about NOED that you Killah Mainz clutch your pearls and acts like that rude neighbor in To Kill A Mockingbird.

  • @Maximus7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/395880#Comment_395880

    The problem with your example is the only time any killer can match 4 toolboxes is if it is a 4-5 blink Nurse with a mori on any map not named Lery's or Haddonfield. I do agree quite a few add-ons and moris should be looked at, but there's more stuff survivors have that also needs to be rebalanced.

    GORL!

    I hads about enoughs of you!

    Out of the 100+ Killer add-ons vs the ~50 Survivor item add-ons, wish Survivor idemz needs lewked @??? What in da fug needz reviewed?

    I'm's ax'in you's a question so u bettah answuh me!

  • @NeaJovovich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/395883#Comment_395883

    GORL!

    I hads about enoughs of you!

    Out of the 100+ Killer add-ons vs the ~50 Survivor item add-ons, wish Survivor idemz needs lewked @??? What in da fug needz reviewed?

    I'm's ax'in you's a question so u bettah answuh me!

    I would normally give you the time of day to actually respond, but with how trollish you act, your personal attacks against me spread across multiple threads, and your tendency to speak broken English, I'd rather not give you any more attention.

    Have a nice day.

  • Still. FREAKING. Happening...


    This time, we all were Nea with the red jacket... not the same head or bottoms. UGH.

  • 20 days later and this is still outta control.

    It's to the point that if there are 4 Claudettes (my main) all dressed differently - DC.


    When is this going to end?

  • I don't bring any items because of this.

  • Considering Hag instantly loses against 4 flashlights and she'd have no way to know that was gonna happen, I'm gonna have to pass on this idea.

    Plus not seeing items makes two killer perks worthless.

  • @NeaJovovich said:

    No.

    The Killer shouldn't be able to see the items cuz they quickly leave the lobby they've created.

    It's annoying.

    Killers are abusing a game mechanic and it needs to be removed.

    Ya feel me on this one?

    welcome to asymmetrical gaming buddy...The genre has different rules then your idea of what fair is.

  • I don't care if they can see what items survivors bring.

    I do think it is unfair that they can dodge due to "items" among other ongoing reasons "4 p3 squadettes". Only time I dodge is if my ping is really bad... or the occasional survivor saying "Hey guys I'm going to be toxic"... "Ok, cya" and I bail.

    Imagine survivors being able to dodge lobbies with killers who bring ebony moris. Put that into perspective for a second.

  • @NeaJovovich said:

    20 days later and this is still outta control.

    It's to the point that if there are 4 Claudettes (my main) all dressed differently - DC.

    When is this going to end?

    Lobby dodging isn't "outta control". I play a lot of survivor and it absolutely isn't a problem. Don't choose outfits that make you look like a troll SWF and don't overdo it with items and you are fine.

    The real problem is the huge amount of dc's everywhere. That is what makes this game unplayable at the moment.

  • The amount of dodging is out of control - Dodge-A-Mania 2019. What I've noticed is that if there is 2 or more Survivors with a toolbox, the Killer disconnects.

    My idea is either: survivor knows killer is planning to bring a mori before the offering screen so they can dodge too, or killer shouldnt be able to dodge based on items brought in. (that is, they shouldn't be able to see the items)

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/55013/remove-the-ability-for-the-killer-to-see-the-survivors-with-items

    My idea is either: survivor knows killer is planning to bring a mori before the offering screen so they can dodge too, or killer shouldnt be able to dodge based on items brought in. (that is, they shouldn't be able to see the items)

    @SunderMun In reality, a lot of survivors are already doing what you describe: They dc during the loading screen when they see a secret killer offering.

    (Which isn't a good thing at all. These dc's should also be punished.)

  • Yeah that would be ok if the game didn't have roving bands of players who hack. The current setup necessitates that players be completely responsible for in game moderation and that only works if you can pull someone's steam profile page. Also since steam in general just lets people change their name on the fly it makes it even more important to get the profile page link as that doesn't change.

1 2 3