Ruin is found too fast
Am I supposed to guard it?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Do you also come here and complain when it lasts the entire trial too?
You can guard it, but then the survivors will just swarm it and make you leave it eventually.
Equipped Ruin like 3 times total. Each standing less than 30 seconds. I find Sloppy Butcher light years ahead in effectiveness slowing the game down. Injure multiple people and you'll see.
Of course, the new meta is the "no heal gen rush + adrenacrutch", but that means they're going down all the time if you find them.
This wasn't directed at you but at killers that complain about their hex perks yet stay silent when it stays up the entire trial or in the case of DH gets them a 4k Mori.
It's high risk and high reward and you shouldn't depend on it ever since it makes you play sloppy and when it dies you fall to pieces. That's why I haven't run it since I got the adept done since it's a crutch really and if anything ude it while it's up and go from there.
You have to get lucky, I suppose. I've never used Ruin, but I have loaded into matches as a survivor where I spawn right next to the totem and have it cleansed before anyone even knows it's in the game. I have used Devour Hope a lot, though. And typically, survivors don't cleanse it, because when I chase them, I do it in a way that they'll run away from the area it's in. However, I imagine that it would be harder with Ruin, due to the fact that everyone will know that it's in play as soon as they get a gen skill check, whereas Devour Hope needs tokens before it can be used.
I just played against a billy who had his ruin the whole game, but we had two people with stake out and I just hit the greats and I’m not sure what the other did but we gen rushed him because we thought he had a ebony at least I think they thought he did. Btw it was a solo game.
But it usually get cleansed quickly, try discordance so they can’t use prove thy self or pop goes the weasel we have a few perks for it.
I agree with Sloppy Butcher being consistent and more useful overall for slowing a game down. A totem can be located and cleansed, but that perk is always active. People can skill-check through Ruin, but everyone's concerned with staying healthy. They all run Self Care for a reason. Every time you hit someone you slow the game down.
@Coriander said:They all run Self Care for a reason.
Some of us use small game, calm spirit, pharmacy, and plunder’s instinct.
Sacrilege how dare you mention Huniepop which I know absolutely nothing about in the same sentence as any toxic community. 😈😁😜🤦♂️
Actually I've played a few hours on it and that's been a long time ago and never really interacted with the community for it.
.....That happens?
@Bbbrian2013 only against survivors who hit great checks
Honestly some of the best builds these days don't include ruin. though if you are to run it, you kinda should hope for a good map (blackwater or mothers dwelling can sometimes be hell for totem spawns) run a fog offering or use thrill of the hunt
that being said it is risk reward with it
see how you go
other good slow the game down perks are sloppy butcher as has been said, thanatophobia can be good but its not that much of a slow (but paired with sloppy it can be good) dying light (if you can tunnel your obsession) Overcharge can be extremely good expecially at low ranks, or with some builds, pop goes the weasel is always your friend, hell even brutal strength if you just go around kicking gens and put high pressure on them (With billy nurse or another fast killer.) not including huntress lullaby since its in the same boat as ruin, even though it can be equally as good (but requires build up.)
Sloppy is ultimately your best choice, pair it with ruin and maybe a fog offering
I've had matches where the killer has it the entire match even through 5 gens powered, sometimes it's super well hidden or all the actions around it.
There's been other times where it's not worth the hassle especially if you're hitting great skill checks or you brought Tapps perk.
Ruin is trash anyway, so...
It's situational, if I know someone knows where one of my hex totems is (I don't use Ruin or Noed because /cheasymode bollocks) then I'll use that knowledge to get a hook. All other times I just haunt gens and try put as much pressure as possible.
A ragequit when the totem is desteoyed in the first minute don't even surprise me, is completely understandable, the people are fed up, it's the only real counter against genrush.
Thrill of hunt or dont use it at all
Unpopular opinion: Ruin is terrible gamedesign. It makes the game unplayable for lowrank survivors unless they get very lucky and find it and does nothing against highranks.
ppl think there's much intricacy to this simple game. It doesn't make a difference, survivors still spawn ontop of it so if you don't go there it can still break in the first 20 seconds. The whole hex idea is one of the worst game design choices that I have ever come across in any game.
Try not to let it bother you, a lot of people on here are very Hostile.
It's great for killers 1st learning the game but sadly they don't take the training wheels off as they level and rank up. So when it gets destroyed or ignored by the smarter ones it makes them fall apart.
Slowing down Generators still makes them focus on Generators.
Give them something else to do: Make them work on healing.
Big time waste & they make 0% escape progress.
Then don't run it.
Ruin sucks and the so called better totem spots suck even more.
Meh that doesn't work either because they're just gonna get it while you're occupied on someone else.
I don't guard Ruin, virtually, ever. The reason is that a lot of killers beeline it, and they don't know its specific spot. If it's somewhere obscure, or rarely checked, it can last forever; however, some killers going to it lead survivors right to it. That's how I've found Ruin many times, so I never lead survivors to it.
To be honest, I wish a killer could set their Ruin locations on each map somehow. Maybe the killer should see an overhead view to pick a spot, shortly before everyone loads in with their randomized spawn locations.
Alternatively, have the killers roam around in a sandbox of the map (like KYF), and place it like a bear trap where they want (ideal), either as a pre-game setting or before the survivors load in (and then have the killer be given a new respawn location at random).
I don't play those games and I don't consider them games at all. My friends love them and claim I'm just too poor which is why I hate those games even more.
Guard it when you need to slow the game. If one person knows where it is and they aren't in SWF hook them. It's point is to slow the game. Sometimes it will go in 30 seconds some times they wont find it. It's about pressure. If you can keep survivors off it while maintaining gen pressure that is good and you should gain a lot of momentum. Tbh man it is practice. Sometimes sloppy butcher is better. Depends on killer and how the players will play.
They should be vulnerable once they start giving you their effects.
Cause honestly, Huntress Lullaby needs that.
Though them spawning near objectives and Surv spawns is just the Entity being cruel.
:P
Well the Entity does like to play jokes it seems and enjoy misery and as they say misery loves company.
Well if the Entity desires that, don't got much choice, huh?
I mean it's not a dealbreaker for me.