survivor bashing content

Has anyone noticed the trend on YouTube where you just see videos of survivor bashing? What gives?

Comments

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074488#Comment_4074488

    Do you think I have anger for Lightborn?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LSDB54YDLK2X/screenshot-20260423-002313.jpg

    It's an unfair perk. That's why I use it. It's one of two anti-item perks you can choose based on what you see in the lobby, and get likely value. What are you going to do about toolboxes? Bring regress? You probably are already doing that. A medkit? Not really worth changing anyting for. Keys? Oh no they can open chests fast! Fog vials? Who even cares? Maps? Now you know there'll be a boon totem. Free info, no need to counter. But flashlights are just deleted. You also get free aura read for doing absolutely nothing. And again, it's not just items. Flashbang and Blast Mine are perks. If someone has a build devoted solely to blinds you delete the whole thing with one perk.

    In reality it benefits the survivor side by not having two survivors in chase.

    This honestly reads like satire. "I'm helping you be better at the game by choosing how you'll play. You're welcome." Use the perk, don't use it, I don't care, but accept that it's unfair.

    imo, Lightborn is overrated. The moment survivors notice a killer has it, if they have proper game knowledge, they adapt by stopping aggressive plays and just doing gens, which is safer and more efficient than constantly orbiting the killer for a save. Just because their build was countered by the perk that doesn't mean they'll be useless for the trial, a 4-perks focused build entirely on flashlight blinding is little excessive, its like going 4-perk heal build and complaining you're against Bubba, Plague or Legion.

    Also, Blast Mine still stuns killers with Lightborn, they just don't get blinded, which makes no difference because no survivor will be near a Blast Mine once it goes off. That perk still gets full value regardless of Lightborn or not.

  • This post is funny in the sense of "nurse killers and blight killers are trash! Solo queue vs them is SO unfair" but also "so who cares if you fought a 2-4 man swf on coms they were probably bad and even if they weren't it was so rare who cares". In the vein of this last page, lightborne is super unfair but shoulder the burden isn't and killers tunneling is.

    Basically if you are a killer you cannot play a meta pick nor can you interact with the survivors outside of an equally spread 12 hook game and if they bring shoulder the burden you just need to auto lose at the gate if you didn't manage to death hook everyone before 5 gens got powered. OH also, if gens aren't getting powered regularly it's evidence of killers being OP and tunneling being broken, please bring back the anti hook and anti camp patch please.

    Edit : also in the name of "funsies" for survivors please remind me what happened to the "dbd killers" that prioritzedd survivor fun over killer gampleay like VHS or Texas chainsaw massacre or home sweet homes. Games that at their peak were "You cant tunnel and survivor gameplay is first before all else!" I'm pretty sure they're all dead and buried for a reason.

  • @JohnNemesisMan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074492#Comment_4074492

    imo, Lightborn is overrated. The moment survivors notice a killer has it, if they have proper game knowledge, they adapt by stopping aggressive plays and just doing gens, which is safer and more efficient than constantly orbiting the killer for a save. Just because their build was countered by the perk that doesn't mean they'll be useless for the trial, a 4-perks focused build entirely on flashlight blinding is little excessive, its like going 4-perk heal build and complaining you're against Bubba, Plague or Legion.

    Also, Blast Mine still stuns killers with Lightborn, they just don't get blinded, which makes no difference because no survivor will be near a Blast Mine once it goes off. That perk still gets full value regardless of Lightborn or not.

    I'm not talking about how strong it is, I'm talking about how unfair it is, and that's partially because killers can adjust their builds to the lobby while survivors can't. Would you be cool with a survivor perk that stops all gen blocking perks? Or all regress perks? Or even something less common, like all haste perks? Does the ability to potentially shut down someone's build and make them perkless for the match really seem right?

    Weird to have another person telling players what they should be doing with ther time instead of what they wanted to do. I thought we were all about choice in this game? That was the argument against the anti-tunnel ptb anyway. Doesn't seem to go both ways though.

    its like going 4-perk heal build and complaining you're against Bubba, Plague or Legion.

    This is just the luck of the draw though. If a killer could see four med kits and switch to a different killer, it'd be a different story. Just like if they couldn't see survivors and they played Lightborn and no one had a flashlight.

    That perk still gets full value regardless of Lightborn or not.

    Again, killer gets free aura read, which let's them know who has the Blast Mine and they can now tilt-tunnel them with the free info if they so desire.

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074492#Comment_4074492

    I mean if light born is unfair calm spirit is unfair too tho.

    The only difference is that the survivor can't react to the killer but that is part of the games balance.

    I think lightborn gets talked about in the first place not because it stops a playstyle but because it stops a playstyle that is well liked by people that want to interfere with the killer and don't want or enjoy sitting at gens.

    If I bring lightborn and you see that at your first pallet blind three minutes in the game you now know you have to do gens. I know that this is frustrating but we don't see complaints like that about calm spirit countering scream builds and doc. And we don't see complaints like that about plague and legion making heal builds worthless. (We do see complaints about legion but more about men's then healing)

    Maybe it is because blinds are the only weapon of survivors, maybe it is because of people that farm clips or maybe it is because among people that like torches there are those who use them cause they want to screw with the killer and those are obviously gonna be loud about hating lightborn.

    All I know it that if bhvr announces they are reworking lightborn I quietly deinstall the game

    Lots of perks are unfair. It's an unfair game. But, as I've already said, the killer can see the survivors, which makes it extra unfair. If the survivors could see the killer than yeah, they'd all put on Calm Spirit for Doc or Iron Will for Spirit, but they can't. Lightborn is also way more popular than Calm Spirit because it's more likely to be useful. I rarely see Calm Spirit.

    If I bring lightborn and you see that at your first pallet blind three minutes in the game you now know you have to do gens

    The typical thing is to fake not having Lightborn as much as possible, not to make it super obvious at a pallet. And if more than one person has a flashlight and they're not on comms, you get value more than once by surprising them.

    Maybe it is because blinds are the only weapon of survivors, maybe it is because of people that farm clips or maybe it is because among people that like torches there are those who use them cause they want to screw with the killer and those are obviously gonna be loud about hating lightborn.

    I know it's popular to hate survivors for using flashlights (or doing gens, or holding W, or looking at you too hard, or doing literally anything) but it's a valid item in the game with perks and playstyles revolving around it. I don't want to deal with it myself so I use Lightborn, but that doesn't mean I can't understand the perk should have been nerfed a long time ago. All the complaints around Fast Track are that it gives survivors free value for killer actions. Lightborn is similar, particularly the aura read, which shouldn't be there at all.

    All I know it that if bhvr announces they are reworking lightborn I quietly deinstall the game

    Quitting a game over one perk change? Bit dramatic.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074496#Comment_4074496

    Lots of perks are unfair. It's an unfair game. But, as I've already said, the killer can see the survivors, which makes it extra unfair. If the survivors could see the killer than yeah, they'd all put on Calm Spirit for Doc or Iron Will for Spirit, but they can't. Lightborn is also way more popular than Calm Spirit because it's more likely to be useful. I rarely see Calm Spirit.

    If I bring lightborn and you see that at your first pallet blind three minutes in the game you now know you have to do gens

    The typical thing is to fake not having Lightborn as much as possible, not to make it super obvious at a pallet. And if more than one person has a flashlight and they're not on comms, you get value more than once by surprising them.

    Maybe it is because blinds are the only weapon of survivors, maybe it is because of people that farm clips or maybe it is because among people that like torches there are those who use them cause they want to screw with the killer and those are obviously gonna be loud about hating lightborn.

    I know it's popular to hate survivors for using flashlights (or doing gens, or holding W, or looking at you too hard, or doing literally anything) but it's a valid item in the game with perks and playstyles revolving around it. I don't want to deal with it myself so I use Lightborn, but that doesn't mean I can't understand the perk should have been nerfed a long time ago. All the complaints around Fast Track are that it gives survivors free value for killer actions. Lightborn is similar, particularly the aura read, which shouldn't be there at all.

    All I know it that if bhvr announces they are reworking lightborn I quietly deinstall the game

    Quitting a game over one perk change? Bit dramatic.

    Yes the killer can see the survs in lobby but like I said this is part of the games balance. He is the hunter that stalks his prey he will obviously gather some info and react accordingly.

    And I would not quit because I just lose a perk I like. Lightborn makes the game playable for me and many others.

    Lightborn gets used by everyone that has problems with light sensitivity cause the blinding screen for some reason is made in a way the player himself gets blinded and in my personal case my brain struggles with losing vision in games. When I get blinded and I move around I get dizzy and I need more then just a short moment to reorientate once the blind is over. I don't know why that is, someone once told me it could be because of object performance which is something I do struggle with irl.

    Every blind turns into a full on stun for me that's why I even have lightborn equipped when I don't see torches in the lobby.

    I am aware that Devs can't work around every health issue tho. They could adjust the brightness of the screen for light sensitive people but not seeing things is what the blind is supposed to do so without lightborn I would just need to quit. And cause I would like to keep playing I will always argue in favour of lightborn

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074475#Comment_4074475

    Or blast mine. Or fireworks. Or flashbangs. But you can literally see the flashlight in the lobby. This argument would only make sense if killers couldn't see survivors in the lobby.

    It semi-works with Blast Mine, since you still would eat the stun from it.

  • @random1543 said:

    Just watched Scott Jund newest video and that is how you make a argument against people who are dcing all the time without seeming like you are crashing out or bashing one side.

    Not starting the video off by screaming at the survivor side and calling them ######### like example at start of thread from someone in the creator program did. he just calmly states his points, mad at certain survivors but makes clear its not all survivors.

    even then he ain’t spared from this either

    IMG_3217.jpeg
  • @BigKingWoof said:

    Thank god we're finally having this discussion, because holy crap am I tired of this. It's no secret that most content creators are killer mains, and they all just constantly make videos saying how much they hate survivors with vitriol, all the while playing victim in the same breath. I wish we had more content creators that point out that killer mains are just as bad and entitled, and say it full heartedly. Because it's not just on youtube, but twitter is a nonstop machine of killer mains posting about how much they all hate survivors.

    I'm just so tired of seeing killer mains build their community around hating survivors and get rewarded for it. I really don't think these types of creators should be in the Creators Program at all. Same goes for survivor mains that spread nonstop hatred for killer mains. You don't put people like that on a pedistool.

    just been seeing it really since 2025 at an alarming rate. Lucky I’m not the only one that noticed

  • I play both sides though tend to play survivor more lately during the Blood Moon event and… I recognize and have watched both of those videos and 100% see where they are coming from This is why people say that solo queue is so miserable. I imagine many of you that don't see it are either like me and just don't take the game seriously enough to care, or you have a decent friend group that means you don't get teamed up with the survivor players talked about in those two videos very often (or at all.)

    As a P100 Pig Main (as at least the bottom video is a P100 Xeno Main) I totally get it too, especially how so many survivors will DC because you merely looked in their direction, much less dared to down them before the first generator was finished… or before the last generator was finished. I wish I was exaggerating, but I am not.

  • As for Lightborn, I rarely use it, but when I do it's because I don't want to have to look away from the screen when I know I am likely to get blinded. I am not epileptic, but I am photosensitive in a way that the current blind flash still hurts my eyes if I don't look away (thank God I was not playing back when instablinds were a thing… Just watching that video of Mathieu Cote being bullied on the Korean servers was painful, I can't even imagine trying to play like that.)

  • @Carth said:

    This post is funny in the sense of "nurse killers and blight killers are trash! Solo queue vs them is SO unfair" but also "so who cares if you fought a 2-4 man swf on coms they were probably bad and even if they weren't it was so rare who cares". In the vein of this last page, lightborne is super unfair but shoulder the burden isn't and killers tunneling is.

    Basically if you are a killer you cannot play a meta pick nor can you interact with the survivors outside of an equally spread 12 hook game and if they bring shoulder the burden you just need to auto lose at the gate if you didn't manage to death hook everyone before 5 gens got powered. OH also, if gens aren't getting powered regularly it's evidence of killers being OP and tunneling being broken, please bring back the anti hook and anti camp patch please.

    Edit : also in the name of "funsies" for survivors please remind me what happened to the "dbd killers" that prioritzedd survivor fun over killer gampleay like VHS or Texas chainsaw massacre or home sweet homes. Games that at their peak were "You cant tunnel and survivor gameplay is first before all else!" I'm pretty sure they're all dead and buried for a reason.

    It's not like Shoulder the Burden eliminates a hook state, it just moves it. Are you really equating the 'slap it on and boom - flashlights don't exist' functionality of Lightborn with the luck and coordination required for a full team running Shoulder the Burden to negate your efforts to tunnel a single survivor out?

    I'm not even opining on whether one or the other is fair or unfair - I'm just amazed you seem to think they're similar situations.

  • @MDRSan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074498#Comment_4074498

    It's not like Shoulder the Burden eliminates a hook state, it just moves it. Are you really equating the 'slap it on and boom - flashlights don't exist' functionality of Lightborn with the luck and coordination required for a full team running Shoulder the Burden to negate your efforts to tunnel a single survivor out?

    I'm not even opining on whether one or the other is fair or unfair - I'm just amazed you seem to think they're similar situations.

    Lightborne shouldn't exist. Turning off flashlights entirely for free is dumb.

    STB encourages tunneling which is why I don't like it, a killer who plays fair and gets to end game with an even spread of hooks will get any kill denied by STB. Its a classic example of BHVR trying to combat tunneling/slugging and actually encouraging it due to it punishing the desired behavior as well as the negative.

    I think both perks are awful but I especially dislike STB for the aforementioned actually encouraging you to tunnel. I completely agree with your points on lightborne.

  • @Leon_van_Straken said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074061#Comment_4074061

    Yeah Dcing because you hear the Terror Radius of a Killer you don´t like is not entitled at all.

    Conversely, tunneling a player because you don't like an aspect of them (their name, their charms, their character, their perks, their item) is generally accepted and not treated the same at all. Make it make sense.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4073859#Comment_4073859

    This is a new trend? I feel like this has been going on for the past 10 years since the game was released.

    Difference is back like year or two ago people could do it on their first hook, go next and bypass the penalty by killing themselfs but now they need more hooks like 2-3 and they have to beg for it sometimes, this changed but people giving up and going next havent changed since the game was released.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074488#Comment_4074488

    Do you think I have anger for Lightborn?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LSDB54YDLK2X/screenshot-20260423-002313.jpg

    It's an unfair perk. That's why I use it. It's one of two anti-item perks you can choose based on what you see in the lobby, and get likely value. What are you going to do about toolboxes? Bring regress? You probably are already doing that. A medkit? Not really worth changing anyting for. Keys? Oh no they can open chests fast! Fog vials? Who even cares? Maps? Now you know there'll be a boon totem. Free info, no need to counter. But flashlights are just deleted. You also get free aura read for doing absolutely nothing. And again, it's not just items. Flashbang and Blast Mine are perks. If someone has a build devoted solely to blinds you delete the whole thing with one perk.

    In reality it benefits the survivor side by not having two survivors in chase.

    This honestly reads like satire. "I'm helping you be better at the game by choosing how you'll play. You're welcome." Use the perk, don't use it, I don't care, but accept that it's unfair.

    Oh whats unfair and whats fair, lightborn just kills few items that arent even required for winning a game and only hurts people/ teams where people dedicate their entire build around flashlight saving or flashbangs but is it unfair.

    Same can be said about survivor going under pallet with buddy who is around with background player is it fair to the killer facing situation where he cant do much and his only hope is either to leave or commit pick up and hope they screw up.

    Many things arent fair but thats life and theres countless of cases on both sides with perks and effects they cause.

    With only thing I will agree with you and thats the fact that items should be hindden in lobby long time ago but thats it lightborn is super meme perk that only works in few cases but doesnt hurt the main objective of survivor side which is gen progress, it doesnt hurt healing or chase,endgame making it longer it just hurts flashlights plus few perks on survivor side but nothing else.

    And for your info blastmine stuns the killer only thing lightborn changes is that killer isnt blinded while he is stunned, he is stunned by the explosion anyway so it doesnt kill this perk.

  • idk how we got into Lightborn discourse lol

  • Please check the photo I posted above, it was me playing ghostface during the last anniversary. Either I am some amazing 1v1 god and Esskie and Stalkedd need to move over and make room for a new rank 1 ghostface player, or these survivors were trash. That photo I posted is what YOU think playing killer is like, because you don't play enough killer and have not gotten into lobbies with people that force you to tunnel. Any actual killer main will tell you that photo is a baby lobby.

  • @MagixD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074479#Comment_4074479

    If you were able to beat people with no addons and no perks, that doesn't raise a red flag to you? You see countless posts on reddit/twitter/whatever of how difficult the current killer experience is right now. Do you think the vast majority of the killer mains are just bad at their role and don't know how to play, and you are some outlier and amazing killer player? Even p100 one tricks who pour thousands of hours into one killer, are complaining online about the current killer experience.

    The issue isint that killer is so easy and you can beat lobbies with no addons/no perks, the issue is you are getting those kinds of lobbies of survivors that allow you to kill them with no addons/no perks. Your experience doesn't represent the actual killer experience. I also have games where I am able to walk around the map and m1 everyone (i was playing freddy and missing too much lol) and get a 4k. Sometimes this happens multiple games in a row. Am I some 1v1 comp god that's basically on the same level of Otzdarva? No. The difference between you and actual killer mains, is they recognize baby survivors from good survivors. You havent been in lobbies that force you to tunnel.

    Please post some footage of your game play or even get into streaming. Just one video. You got a 4k with no addons/no perks on Trickster? Damn I guess Wacek the best trickster in the world has some competition now. If you are this good with killer, why not put a video out there with tips and tricks to get 4ks without tunneling?

    Fun fact: Quietkills once challenged the "i dont need to tunnel to 4k" people live on his stream. They didn't get a single kill against quietkills' swf and only a couple hook states, and his swf was just killer mains too.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XQAAZ6DO8X4Y/babykillerme.jpg

    Just because people are complaining doesn't mean they're doing poorly. Do you think all these socal media whiners are getting less than 60% KRs? I highly doubt it. No one gets universally good or bad lobbies. Matchmaking is notoriously lax. I can drop 20 screenshots that look like yours too, but i also get psycho squads that leave me with 2 hooks. Anyone who says they face nothing but sweats is full of it. It should be that way for these highzhour crying sweats, they should face their own, but sadly they get plenty of babies to stomp too.

  • @MagixD said:

    Please check the photo I posted above, it was me playing ghostface during the last anniversary. Either I am some amazing 1v1 god and Esskie and Stalkedd need to move over and make room for a new rank 1 ghostface player, or these survivors were trash. That photo I posted is what YOU think playing killer is like, because you don't play enough killer and have not gotten into lobbies with people that force you to tunnel. Any actual killer main will tell you that photo is a baby lobby.

    You're running Franklin's, Weave Attunement, Spies, and Ruin with an insta-down stealth Killer.  Lots of powerful advantages there.  I wonder what the tally screen showed for that lobby?

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074674#Comment_4074674

    Just because people are complaining doesn't mean they're doing poorly. Do you think all these socal media whiners are getting less than 60% KRs? I highly doubt it. No one gets universally good or bad lobbies. Matchmaking is notoriously lax. I can drop 20 screenshots that look like yours too, but i also get psycho squads that leave me with 2 hooks. Anyone who says they face nothing but sweats is full of it. It should be that way for these highzhour crying sweats, they should face their own, but sadly they get plenty of babies to stomp too.

    Anyone who says they face nothing but sweats is full of it.

    Exactly. We have Streamers who play this game for a living, are live 8 hours a day and you see how random their matchmaking is. E.g. someone like Otz is without a doubt at the highest MMR and he is doing funny challenges most of the time aka not playing super seriously. And he wins most of his games. So if even someone like him almost never faces really strong Survivors, anyone who claims they go against good Survivors constantly is straight up lying. (Or has a weird perception. If someone is really bad at the game even mediocre players seem to be good…)

    But Streamers are also one reason why we will never see an actually good MMR-System. Because said Streamers would then almost never get into games and would have to wait very long. And it would be really bad advertisement, if someone like Otz would be doing waiting simulator or even play a different game while waiting and obviously the Devs dont want that.

    Do you think all these socal media whiners are getting less than 60% KRs? I highly doubt it.

    They dont. Someone a long time ago (when Killer was harder) did a check and watched Streams of several streamers and even those who are very biased and claim that they go only against the Top MMR and that Killer is extremely difficult were having at least 3K on average every game.

    I also know one Streamer, who is one of the most disgusting people you can face. 19k hours, tunneling every game, always playing with the best Add Ons (but weird builds like Surge on something like Billy…). Wins most of his games, but throws a tantrum when he for once does not get a 4K in one out of 20 games or so. And those are the people who make survivor-bashing content…

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074678#Comment_4074678

    Anyone who says they face nothing but sweats is full of it.

    Exactly. We have Streamers who play this game for a living, are live 8 hours a day and you see how random their matchmaking is. E.g. someone like Otz is without a doubt at the highest MMR and he is doing funny challenges most of the time aka not playing super seriously. And he wins most of his games. So if even someone like him almost never faces really strong Survivors, anyone who claims they go against good Survivors constantly is straight up lying. (Or has a weird perception. If someone is really bad at the game even mediocre players seem to be good…)

    But Streamers are also one reason why we will never see an actually good MMR-System. Because said Streamers would then almost never get into games and would have to wait very long. And it would be really bad advertisement, if someone like Otz would be doing waiting simulator or even play a different game while waiting and obviously the Devs dont want that.

    Do you think all these socal media whiners are getting less than 60% KRs? I highly doubt it.

    They dont. Someone a long time ago (when Killer was harder) did a check and watched Streams of several streamers and even those who are very biased and claim that they go only against the Top MMR and that Killer is extremely difficult were having at least 3K on average every game.

    I also know one Streamer, who is one of the most disgusting people you can face. 19k hours, tunneling every game, always playing with the best Add Ons (but weird builds like Surge on something like Billy…). Wins most of his games, but throws a tantrum when he for once does not get a 4K in one out of 20 games or so. And those are the people who make survivor-bashing content…

    Someone a long time ago (when Killer was harder) did a check and watched Streams of several streamers and even those who are very biased and claim that they go only against the Top MMR and that Killer is extremely difficult were having at least 3K on average every game.

    I mean, is it really a win if it's only a 3k? And can you believe it, they almost finished the gens! Survivor almost wins sometimes. So OP.

    Wins most of his games, but throws a tantrum when he for once does not get a 4K in one out of 20 games or so.

    I knew someone like this as well. Similar hours. 90% KR. Cries when someone gets hatch. Endlessly talks trash about survivors. The loudest are also the ones doing the best.

    I just finished a session of thirteen survivor matches. Only three were team wins. Cheese was off the charts. 5-gen sluggers with Infectious Fright, hook campers, multiple tunnellers. Complaining about survivors and how strong they are while winning consistently is legit pathetic.

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074675#Comment_4074675

    You're running Franklin's, Weave Attunement, Spies, and Ruin with an insta-down stealth Killer.  Lots of powerful advantages there.  I wonder what the tally screen showed for that lobby?

    This is a massive self report because ghostface is known as one of the top 5 worst killers in the game. The only people who think ghostface is strong is tiktok, and tiktok dbd is awhole another planet. I am a KILLER MAIN and I have no issues looping a ghostface, yes ive had plenty of times I outlooped the entire expose 60 second timer. Don't tell me this killer main is better at looping then you are?

    And in regards to Cogsturning I do agree with you there. I think what would help the killer experience improve is having a natural progression to the difficulty of survivors that killers face. If I dont continuously face good survivors, how will I improve as a killer?

  • @MagixD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074680#Comment_4074680

    This is a massive self report because ghostface is known as one of the top 5 worst killers in the game. The only people who think ghostface is strong is tiktok, and tiktok dbd is awhole another planet. I am a KILLER MAIN and I have no issues looping a ghostface, yes ive had plenty of times I outlooped the entire expose 60 second timer. Don't tell me this killer main is better at looping then you are?

    And in regards to Cogsturning I do agree with you there. I think what would help the killer experience improve is having a natural progression to the difficulty of survivors that killers face. If I dont continuously face good survivors, how will I improve as a killer?

    "Worst Killers" according to whom?  There are no "worst Killers".  There's only strong Killers, and then the S-Tiers like Nurse, Blight, or Ghoul.  Any Killer can become unstoppable if the player is skilled enough with them and put on powerful builds.

    Then again, skill isn't even needed for Killers when they only need to tunnel or slug.

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074697#Comment_4074697

    "Worst Killers" according to whom?  There are no "worst Killers".  There's only strong Killers, and then the S-Tiers like Nurse, Blight, or Ghoul.  Any Killer can become unstoppable if the player is skilled enough with them and put on powerful builds.

    Then again, skill isn't even needed for Killers when they only need to tunnel or slug.

    Another massive self report. Even the best ghostfaces in the world can get 4 outed with a couple hook states. Just because you have trouble looping a ghostface, doesnt mean everyone does. This community has too much of a problem with "If this happens to me, it applies universally" no no, only YOU are having trouble looping a ghostface.

    I'm also willing to bet you couldn't tunnel me or any of my friends out, which is weird because people always say tunneling takes no skill (no skill means even a fresh install can do it)

  • @MagixD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074699#Comment_4074699

    Another massive self report. Even the best ghostfaces in the world can get 4 outed with a couple hook states. Just because you have trouble looping a ghostface, doesnt mean everyone does. This community has too much of a problem with "If this happens to me, it applies universally" no no, only YOU are having trouble looping a ghostface.

    I'm also willing to bet you couldn't tunnel me or any of my friends out, which is weird because people always say tunneling takes no skill (no skill means even a fresh install can do it)

    Of course I wouldn't tunnel you out. I'd rather lose than tunnel, because it's such a BS "skill" as you call it.

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074701#Comment_4074701

    Of course I wouldn't tunnel you out. I'd rather lose than tunnel, because it's such a BS "skill" as you call it.

    I didn't say you wouldn't, I'm saying you couldn't. As in it takes skill to chase and down someone who actually knows how to play survivor. You think ghostface is strong which tells me all I need to know about your looping skills.

  • @MagixD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074707#Comment_4074707

    I didn't say you wouldn't, I'm saying you couldn't. As in it takes skill to chase and down someone who actually knows how to play survivor. You think ghostface is strong which tells me all I need to know about your looping skills.

    And yet I've seen Ghostfaces take down some really strong teams. You only think Ghostface is weak because he's not an S-Tier.

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074722#Comment_4074722

    And yet I've seen Ghostfaces take down some really strong teams. You only think Ghostface is weak because he's not an S-Tier.

    I mean I just watched Ascent vs Invictus and the ghostfaces on both sides only got like 4-5 stages and thats WITH survivors perk restricting themselves too. Survivor is so strong against ghostface (and other killers) they perk restrict themselves fyi

    I don't think you know what a "really strong team is" which checks out considering you think ghostface is a strong killer. This circles back to an earlier point I made too: You guys play killer so little you have no idea the difference between actual good survivors, and baby survivors. I promise you guys arent amazing killer players because you get 4k5s with no addons/no perks and somehow everyone else who says they are struggling is bad at killer.

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074215#Comment_4074215

    Conversely, tunneling a player because you don't like an aspect of them (their name, their charms, their character, their perks, their item) is generally accepted and not treated the same at all. Make it make sense.

    The difference is that the killer is playing on his own, whereas when a survivor abandons the game, they're basically leaving their other 3 teammates in a much worse situation than if they were to be contributing to the match. These two just don't compare at all.

  • @MagixD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074723#Comment_4074723

    I mean I just watched Ascent vs Invictus and the ghostfaces on both sides only got like 4-5 stages and thats WITH survivors perk restricting themselves too. Survivor is so strong against ghostface (and other killers) they perk restrict themselves fyi

    I don't think you know what a "really strong team is" which checks out considering you think ghostface is a strong killer. This circles back to an earlier point I made too: You guys play killer so little you have no idea the difference between actual good survivors, and baby survivors. I promise you guys arent amazing killer players because you get 4k5s with no addons/no perks and somehow everyone else who says they are struggling is bad at killer.

    Neither do you. If Ghostface is as weak as you say, looping him doesn't mean you're a strong Survivor.

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074729#Comment_4074729

    Neither do you. If Ghostface is as weak as you say, looping him doesn't mean you're a strong Survivor.

    That is true because looping has nothing to do with Ghostface's potential. He has no anti-loop so he's incredibly predictable to loop against, any survivor can run around him because there's nothing he can do aside mindgame like every other killer without powers, he has to resort of on his stealth and catching people off guard if he wants a chance at winning.

    A strong survivor would instead be focusing on turning off Ghostface's stealth and keeping an eye from where he's coming from.

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074729#Comment_4074729

    Neither do you. If Ghostface is as weak as you say, looping him doesn't mean you're a strong Survivor.

    It does mean im a strong survivor, hence why I call him weak. You called him strong because you are not good at looping him, not me.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074488#Comment_4074488

    Do you think I have anger for Lightborn?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LSDB54YDLK2X/screenshot-20260423-002313.jpg

    It's an unfair perk. That's why I use it. It's one of two anti-item perks you can choose based on what you see in the lobby, and get likely value. What are you going to do about toolboxes? Bring regress? You probably are already doing that. A medkit? Not really worth changing anyting for. Keys? Oh no they can open chests fast! Fog vials? Who even cares? Maps? Now you know there'll be a boon totem. Free info, no need to counter. But flashlights are just deleted. You also get free aura read for doing absolutely nothing. And again, it's not just items. Flashbang and Blast Mine are perks. If someone has a build devoted solely to blinds you delete the whole thing with one perk.

    In reality it benefits the survivor side by not having two survivors in chase.

    This honestly reads like satire. "I'm helping you be better at the game by choosing how you'll play. You're welcome." Use the perk, don't use it, I don't care, but accept that it's unfair.

    Are you implying the kill rate is due in part to lightborn? 🤯

    I'm not going to bother with this from you. I just can't.

  • @MagixD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074734#Comment_4074734

    It does mean im a strong survivor, hence why I call him weak. You called him strong because you are not good at looping him, not me.

    I called him strong because he is strong. If a Survivor outplays him, it means the Killer player made mistakes, didn't use Ghostface's ability properly, didn't use tiles properly, etc.

  • @JohnNemesisMan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074734#Comment_4074734

    That is true because looping has nothing to do with Ghostface's potential. He has no anti-loop so he's incredibly predictable to loop against, any survivor can run around him because there's nothing he can do aside mindgame like every other killer without powers, he has to resort of on his stealth and catching people off guard if he wants a chance at winning.

    A strong survivor would instead be focusing on turning off Ghostface's stealth and keeping an eye from where he's coming from.

    That doesn't make him weak.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074492#Comment_4074492

    Are you implying the kill rate is due in part to lightborn? 🤯

    I'm not going to bother with this from you. I just can't.

    No? Where did I say anything about the KR? I'm saying I've used Lightborn for 75% of my time in this game and I still think it needs changing. That's a low KR. I have higher KRs on other perks. It's not about it being strong or weak, it's about it being unfair and undeserved.

  • @JohnNemesisMan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074622#Comment_4074622

    The difference is that the killer is playing on his own, whereas when a survivor abandons the game, they're basically leaving their other 3 teammates in a much worse situation than if they were to be contributing to the match. These two just don't compare at all.

    A Killer tunneling one person out at 5 gens forces the trial to be mismatched and is nearly impossible to compete in unless the Killer adapts their playstyle. These days if a Survivor DCs at 5 gens, the remaining Survivors are given a bot that will still take chase, unhook, heal, complete gens, and open the gates.

    When it comes down to it, it's an unfair moral argument. Killer is given the most autonomy over the trial and is allowed to rage quit for a laundry list of reasons, while Survivor is not.

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074732#Comment_4074732

    A Killer tunneling one person out at 5 gens forces the trial to be mismatched and is nearly impossible to compete in unless the Killer adapts their playstyle. These days if a Survivor DCs at 5 gens, the remaining Survivors are given a bot that will still take chase, unhook, heal, complete gens, and open the gates.

    When it comes down to it, it's an unfair moral argument. Killer is given the most autonomy over the trial and is allowed to rage quit for a laundry list of reasons, while Survivor is not.

    Killers are allowed to rage quit? How so?

  • @Slurp_Ramen said:

    if you watch most of these videos all it is people who fed up with the current state of the game and voicing their collective frustration (at survivors) and trying to educate them on how to get better so they can stop blaming ‘toxic killers’ for their problems.


    if you don’t see the issues you’re either in a 3-4 man swf, a killer player, or a new player who doesn’t know bad plays when they seem them.

    Please I encourage any doubters, go play solo-duo queue and watch how many game you lose because your teammate survivors heal under hook, farm hooks, loop in disadvantages areas, die too fast due to lack of knowledge, or dc/go next immediately. These people are the reason half the killer roster have such bad reps, because instead of learning they b***h and moan or dc until mommy and daddy bhvr fix the ‘problem’.


    I don’t see a problem with ‘survivor bashing’ content, maybe it’ll get some of the worst offenders to educate themselves but what do I know, they probably saw the thumbnail left an angry ‘killer mains bad’ comment then went back to throwing games and complaining on twitter.

    true solo sucks because of teammates

  • Specifically in terms of the moral argument the community has made over the years. It still ends the trial for 4 other people and bars challenges/achievements from completing, wastes time and caps progression, etc., but since Killer is on a one-man team "it only affects one player". Meanwhile it's almost the one year anniversary of going next being removed and DC penalties being severely tightened and we're still arguing that one Survivor DCing "ruins it for everyone" despite the trial continuing on.

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074829#Comment_4074829

    Specifically in terms of the moral argument the community has made over the years. It still ends the trial for 4 other people and bars challenges/achievements from completing, wastes time and caps progression, etc., but since Killer is on a one-man team "it only affects one player". Meanwhile it's almost the one year anniversary of going next being removed and DC penalties being severely tightened and we're still arguing that one Survivor DCing "ruins it for everyone" despite the trial continuing on.

    Who in the community is arguing that it’s ok for killers to DC? And you’ve never seen anyone here argue that survivors should be able to DC and that it’s fine because “the match doesn’t end and there’s still a bit to play for the person who left”?

    You’re just making generalizations without any evidence and making it seem like one side (“killer-sided players”) are the bad guys. I’m pretty sure killer players get the same penalties that survivor players do when they DC.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074845#Comment_4074845

    Who in the community is arguing that it’s ok for killers to DC? And you’ve never seen anyone here argue that survivors should be able to DC and that it’s fine because “the match doesn’t end and there’s still a bit to play for the person who left”?

    You’re just making generalizations without any evidence and making it seem like one side (“killer-sided players”) are the bad guys. I’m pretty sure killer players get the same penalties that survivor players do when they DC.

    It's not about penalties, it's the way the community views it. Survivors are entitled for quiting yet pretty much nothing is said about killer DCs.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074851#Comment_4074851

    It's not about penalties, it's the way the community views it. Survivors are entitled for quiting yet pretty much nothing is said about killer DCs.

    Slightly incorrect. If the Killer DCs, it is because of the Survivors. If the Survivors DC, it is because they are entitled.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074862#Comment_4074862

    Slightly incorrect. If the Killer DCs, it is because of the Survivors. If the Survivors DC, it is because they are entitled.

    Funny enough I just now got out of this match:

    Screenshot_20260425_032916.jpg

    Bro couldn't catch anyone and ragequit with no gens even half done. Totally not entitled behavior.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074851#Comment_4074851

    It's not about penalties, it's the way the community views it. Survivors are entitled for quiting yet pretty much nothing is said about killer DCs.

    So nobody here ever calls killers “entitled” for quitting? Again, this seems like a very one-sided view that it’s only killer players who call the other side “entitled”. I’m not sure how you can back this up unless you are keeping your own private record of the number of posts on each side calling the other side entitled for quitting.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074887#Comment_4074887

    Funny enough I just now got out of this match:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7RUSFZXQ69AC/screenshot-20260425-032916.jpg

    Bro couldn't catch anyone and ragequit with no gens even half done. Totally not entitled behavior.

    Ok - and I had like 4 killer matches yesterday where survivors DC’d the first time they were downed. Not sure what your point is other than being intentionally oblivious to the fact that this happens a lot on both sides.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074887#Comment_4074887

    Funny enough I just now got out of this match:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7RUSFZXQ69AC/screenshot-20260425-032916.jpg

    Bro couldn't catch anyone and ragequit with no gens even half done. Totally not entitled behavior.

    Nah, you get this wrong. This Killer obviously got bullied in a previous match, so they are entitled to DC if you dont drop immediatly.

    I once had a Killer who DCed because it was Garden of Joy. Krasue, one day after Release, when she was busted. And what did this person say why they DCed? Because no Survivor brought a BPS. Yeah, sure Buddy.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074862#Comment_4074862

    Slightly incorrect. If the Killer DCs, it is because of the Survivors. If the Survivors DC, it is because they are entitled.

    also when content creators went ballistic over the anti tunnel or pallet density changes, it was the fault of entitles survivors

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4074892#Comment_4074892

    Ok - and I had like 4 killer matches yesterday where survivors DC’d the first time they were downed. Not sure what your point is other than being intentionally oblivious to the fact that this happens a lot on both sides.

    It does happen on both sides. So now show me the plethora of videos about entitled DCing killers.

1 2 3