I’m really happy that can win without camping, slugging, and tunneling.

It really shows a lot about other players if they say that they can’t win without choosing boring, low-skill tactics. I know most people typically reply with MMR insults, but it’s enough of an epidemic that I see comments on other social media platforms saying that the game is so “broken” they have to slug. Those comments typically have a bunch of likes, which means that there are a lot of people out there who have to rely on those methods to win.


As I said in the title, I’m glad I don’t have to slug, tunnel, and camp to win.

Comments

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4045286#Comment_4045286

    NightLight is far too small of a sample size to be taken seriously. It has always underreported kill rates.

    There's usually only 10,000 games per month reported. There's probably 10,000 games per HOUR in DBD.

    Spoken like someone who does not know how to manipulate said stats to their agenda.

    If we were talking about 1 month of NL stats, I would agree. Heck even 3 months, I'd still agree. But we have YEARS of consistent data that never shifted. If you understand how to analyse data, you will understand your argument is empty.

    I rly don't understand the obsession to discredit NL stats. What is the point? Don't we all want DBD to become better than it currently is? Then why run this weird agenda that completely contradicts these stats?

  • @Munky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4045386#Comment_4045386

    Spoken like someone who does not know how to manipulate said stats to their agenda.

    If we were talking about 1 month of NL stats, I would agree. Heck even 3 months, I'd still agree. But we have YEARS of consistent data that never shifted. If you understand how to analyse data, you will understand your argument is empty.

    I rly don't understand the obsession to discredit NL stats. What is the point? Don't we all want DBD to become better than it currently is? Then why run this weird agenda that completely contradicts these stats?

    Nightlight only records 3 months of stats at a time, and we know they consistently underestimate the actual KR.

    You are right, I don't manipulate stats to my agenda.

  • @Munky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4045386#Comment_4045386

    Spoken like someone who does not know how to manipulate said stats to their agenda.

    If we were talking about 1 month of NL stats, I would agree. Heck even 3 months, I'd still agree. But we have YEARS of consistent data that never shifted. If you understand how to analyse data, you will understand your argument is empty.

    I rly don't understand the obsession to discredit NL stats. What is the point? Don't we all want DBD to become better than it currently is? Then why run this weird agenda that completely contradicts these stats?

    "Manipulating stats to your agenda" kind of renders your entire argument moot.

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4045390#Comment_4045390

    "Manipulating stats to your agenda" kind of renders your entire argument moot.

    I think you completely missed the context of this reply, but w/e ;)

    The person this was meant for does not know how to analyze the data, The raw data does not speak favorable to his own mindset, So intead of meeting me halfway he just discredits the entire source. Therefor I said in different words 'Typical tactics for ppl with an agenda'.

    I can see however how you could have misread that, so I forgive you ;)

  • @Munky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4045400#Comment_4045400

    I think you completely missed the context of this reply, but w/e ;)

    The person this was meant for does not know how to analyze the data, The raw data does not speak favorable to his own mindset, So intead of meeting me halfway he just discredits the entire source. Therefor I said in different words 'Typical tactics for ppl with an agenda'.

    I can see however how you could have misread that, so I forgive you ;)

    More like the stats don't speak favorably to your argument when you apply any measure of scrutiny towards them.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4045406#Comment_4045406

    More like the stats don't speak favorably to your argument when you apply any measure of scrutiny towards them.

    Call me when you want to have a serious argument. Just because you didn't follow the stats for years, doesn't mean they never happened. Anyone who did will be able to tell you just the same, the stats on NL are consistent. if they were at all inaccurate or random, we would have seen it at least a few times over the years. You just CHOOSE to ignore the stats, because the site publicly only tracks upto 3 months… and that is how you publicly argue that… sheesh it's like saying "napoleon never existed, cause I never met em".

  • @Munky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4045400#Comment_4045400

    I think you completely missed the context of this reply, but w/e ;)

    The person this was meant for does not know how to analyze the data, The raw data does not speak favorable to his own mindset, So intead of meeting me halfway he just discredits the entire source. Therefor I said in different words 'Typical tactics for ppl with an agenda'.

    I can see however how you could have misread that, so I forgive you ;)

    If that's all you meant, then the word "manipulating" threw me off. "Manipulating" data suggests that you were trying to change or twist it to fit your argument, and at that point, the data becomes a lie.

    Anyway, I have to agree with Pulsar. It seems to be an argument of which data source is more reliable. If NL only records 10,000 per month, and the official site records 10,000 per hour, that's a total of 720,000 games not counted on NL. That is a LOT of data to discard. Why would you trust a site that trashes that much data?

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4045177#Comment_4045177

    you assume i do worse than i admit

    You kinda said it:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2IUSRPTIAIVT/screenshot-20260113-004717.jpg

    i often know because there is a pregame chat

    People usually say nothing in pregame chat from what I've seen. Are you just interrogating everyone in every lobby?

    yet you now say that a good team (2 or 3 strong players) can carry the 1 weaker player.

    You can rat your way to a personal escape with any teammates. You're using other people, doing the exact ratting I said partymates don't do, and if they're dying while you manipulate your way to an escape, your team is losing.

    i already hit that mark your in as killer long ago. i turned to tunneling which allowed me to win. it only means you lose until it goes down if you impose your own restrictions on yourself and dont adapt to higher levels.

    I'd rather work on improving, thanks anyway. It's also a bit hard for me to believe you're in uppermost MMR as killer after seeing that Bubba match.

    interesting how you can take a comment without actually providing the context. you assumed before i said that…just because i said i probably do doesnt change the fact the you assumed it originally. you assumption might be correct….just like my assumption might be correct.

    again your assuming the rat thing… this player might have 2 hook states already, they might have gone down in seconds because they cant loop, they might have healed, unhooked, done their part for the team but when the killer is busy with the others that weak player that cant loop could finish the last gen and escape off the back of the team. Thats hardly a rat if they are playing as part of the team but they would win not because they are better or even on par with the killer they could be worse but because their team mates are better they would win. Thus raising mmr when they are not good enough to last very long in chase. Thrown them into soloq with team mates of equal level and they might find they cant ride the team to victory.

    I have said many times my survivor matches do not match my killer matches. killer matches i was getting 70 to 80% kill rate for well over a year, many of them 4ks. survivor matches i have worked more on challenges where i concentrate on them instead of escaping and i have played in duo with someone pretty new to the game which would have effected things (which is probably why my overall escape rate is about 50% but my monthly escape rate is far higher). Not only that but as we know hatch is neutral mmr so so the mmr climb for survivor would be a slow but more gradual rise killer that would shoot up. Your assuming again….i have never said my survivor is high mmr. Killer side is quite likely high mmr based on the teams i get.

  • @CrypticGirl said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4045406#Comment_4045406

    If that's all you meant, then the word "manipulating" threw me off. "Manipulating" data suggests that you were trying to change or twist it to fit your argument, and at that point, the data becomes a lie.

    Anyway, I have to agree with Pulsar. It seems to be an argument of which data source is more reliable. If NL only records 10,000 per month, and the official site records 10,000 per hour, that's a total of 720,000 games not counted on NL. That is a LOT of data to discard. Why would you trust a site that trashes that much data?

    You mean the data that BHVR keeps hidden, probably for good reason? And if they do release a stat here and there its mega cherrypicked. Ask yourself why they don't release 720k worth global data, what are they so afraid of? I alrdy know the answer btw, but I always love to hear the (non)rational reasoning of other ppl ;) Meanwhile I'll stick with the source that is honest, small but honest.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @EbonyChess said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4045138#Comment_4045138

    Okay, so let me rephrase

    You expect him to not chase you even thoughr (assuming) you're a easy target? It's like if I complained to you about gerting to a loop.

    Or if I complained about you focusing in which 3 gen you would left for last.

    You're complaining that he is playing in a way that puts him on advantage at the expense of your own enjoyement with the game.

    Out of curiosity, how would you define tunnelling?

    There may be a different in definition happening there.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I see.

    I ask because I don't really see how that connects to your response, in that case. I mean, the thing people are frowning at isn't just chasing a weak survivor, or generally giving yourself some kind of advantage somehow. It's specifically leveraging the vulnerability someone has off hook for a chase that's stacked in your favour, for free.

    The specifics do matter.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I'm surprised this thinly veiled Us vs Them hit and run topic was allowed to continue.

  • @Raccoon said:

    I'm surprised this thinly veiled Us vs Them hit and run topic was allowed to continue.

    Please keep the post on topic, thank you!

  • @Munky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4045386#Comment_4045386

    Spoken like someone who does not know how to manipulate said stats to their agenda.

    If we were talking about 1 month of NL stats, I would agree. Heck even 3 months, I'd still agree. But we have YEARS of consistent data that never shifted. If you understand how to analyse data, you will understand your argument is empty.

    I rly don't understand the obsession to discredit NL stats. What is the point? Don't we all want DBD to become better than it currently is? Then why run this weird agenda that completely contradicts these stats?

    But we have YEARS of consistent data that never shifted.

    That's not true though. NL data used to be much closer to BHVR's numbers.

    For example here's a post from September 2024 looking at the Nightlight stats:

    @adsads123123123123 said:

    Interestingly, many of the killers typically ranked high on tier lists have average or below average win rates. For example, Billy, Nurse, Chucky, and Artist are near the average. Oni, Wesker, Spirit, Pyramid Head, and Huntress are below average.

    Killer

    Win rate

    Kill rate

    Difference

    Win rate ranking

    Kill rate ranking

    Difference

    Skull Merchant

    64.1%

    69.0%

    -4.9%

    1

    1

    0

    Plague

    61.2%

    64.8%

    -3.6%

    2

    4

    2

    Blight

    60.6%

    65.1%

    -4.5%

    3

    2

    -1

    Nightmare

    59.0%

    60.6%

    -1.6%

    4

    8

    4

    Onryō

    58.4%

    63.4%

    -5.0%

    5

    6

    1

    Twins

    58.3%

    64.8%

    -6.5%

    6

    3

    -3

    Lich

    58.2%

    64.0%

    -5.8%

    7

    5

    -2

    Dredge

    57.0%

    62.2%

    -5.2%

    8

    7

    -1

    Unknown

    54.9%

    60.4%

    -5.5%

    9

    9

    0

    Cenobite

    54.2%

    58.3%

    -4.1%

    10

    15

    5

    Wraith

    53.7%

    58.8%

    -5.1%

    11

    13

    2

    Doctor

    53.5%

    59.7%

    -6.3%

    12

    11

    -1

    Pig

    53.0%

    58.0%

    -5.0%

    13

    16

    3

    Dark Lord

    52.3%

    58.9%

    -6.6%

    14

    12

    -2

    Nurse

    52.3%

    57.8%

    -5.5%

    15

    17

    2

    Hillbilly

    52.1%

    60.3%

    -8.2%

    16

    10

    -6

    Cannibal

    51.8%

    58.5%

    -6.7%

    17

    14

    -3

    Singularity

    51.7%

    57.8%

    -6.0%

    18

    18

    0

    Good Guy

    51.5%

    56.9%

    -5.4%

    19

    23

    4

    Overall Average

    51.4%

    57.7%

    -6.3%

    20

    19

    -1

    Artist

    50.9%

    56.2%

    -5.3%

    21

    26

    5

    Nemesis

    50.8%

    57.3%

    -6.5%

    22

    21

    -1

    Shape

    50.0%

    57.5%

    -7.5%

    24

    20

    -4

    Oni

    50.0%

    56.9%

    -6.9%

    23

    24

    1

    Trickster

    49.8%

    57.3%

    -7.5%

    25

    22

    -3

    Demogorgon

    49.7%

    54.7%

    -5.0%

    26

    30

    4

    Xenomorph

    48.9%

    54.5%

    -5.5%

    27

    31

    4

    Mastermind

    48.8%

    56.5%

    -7.7%

    28

    25

    -3

    Legion

    48.5%

    54.1%

    -5.5%

    29

    33

    4

    Hag

    48.1%

    54.8%

    -6.7%

    30

    29

    -1

    Spirit

    48.0%

    55.1%

    -7.1%

    31

    27

    -4

    Executioner

    47.8%

    54.8%

    -7.1%

    32

    28

    -4

    Knight

    47.2%

    54.0%

    -6.9%

    33

    34

    1

    Huntress

    46.7%

    53.4%

    -6.7%

    34

    37

    3

    Deathslinger

    46.6%

    53.5%

    -6.9%

    35

    36

    1

    Clown

    46.4%

    54.0%

    -7.6%

    36

    35

    -1

    Trapper

    45.8%

    54.3%

    -8.5%

    37

    32

    -5

    Ghost Face

    42.9%

    50.5%

    -7.6%

    38

    38

    0

    3-4k is considered a win.

    Nightlight's stats are a few percent lower compared to what BHVR released, but they generally were in the same ballpark as what BHVR was reporting.

    That's not true anymore. Nightlight's KR numbers have tanked from what they used to show, while BHVR still is showing KR's in the 60% range.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4045286#Comment_4045286

    NightLight is far too small of a sample size to be taken seriously. It has always underreported kill rates.

    There's usually only 10,000 games per month reported. There's probably 10,000 games per HOUR in DBD.

    They still arent that far from devs stats like in pick rates etc.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4045390#Comment_4045390

    But we have YEARS of consistent data that never shifted.

    That's not true though. NL data used to be much closer to BHVR's numbers.

    For example here's a post from September 2024 looking at the Nightlight stats:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/428408/the-difference-between-win-rate-and-kill-rate-calculated-from-nightlight

    Nightlight's stats are a few percent lower compared to what BHVR released, but they generally were in the same ballpark as what BHVR was reporting.

    That's not true anymore. Nightlight's KR numbers have tanked from what they used to show, while BHVR still is showing KR's in the 60% range.

    There's actually been a couple factors that influence this disconnect.

    NL used to be the only source of start tracking, so people used it for personal stats more often. Then BHVR rolled out official personal stat tracking and fewer people rely on NL now. It was already a small sample size of primarily English speaking players, but now it's even smaller sample size.

    Why bother going through extra hoops to upload games to a third party site when you can get official stats automatically with no extra effort?

    There was also, around the same time, the abandon feature that was being misread by NL as escapes and deflating kill rates. Not sure if this has been fixed on their end, and most people have stopped relying on NL for anything other than info we don't get regularly (like perk meta and pick rates, which are still not a complete picture but not nothing).

    BHVR official stats demonstrably have a similar issue where survivor escape rates and killer kill rates have both historically been higher than they should be because of abandons and disconnects being counted in... I'll just say "unintuitive"... ways.

  • What I have seen people do, in an effort to improve their own skills, is hook everyone twice and then let them go. This sounds like the player is just giving survivors a free win, but there is so much more involved in what they are doing. They're learning how to hook, even when playing against challenging survivor teams. They can choose to slaughter the group after hooking them twice, but the goal is to better their skills at the fundamentals of the game.

    One person I know does this almost every game even though she (Huntress and Legion main) has been playing the game since it came out.

    • When I started playing, camping was almost "normal" (2020), there simply wasn't the anti-camping system we have today, and the "meta" (especially for newbies) was camping. I refused to follow the norm and actually learn how to play. It was REALLY hard to get wins, also because (aside from mega OP Nurse and Billy) there were no "high-speed" killers. I think today's killer community wouldn't resist for a second in the old fashion DBD🤣 today everything is "due," the killer MUST win, the "fun mentality" has been lost. I'm not a Dev, but if I were, I'd try to encourage more fun mechanics, secondary objectives, and above all I'd set CLEAR and random victory conditions (communicated at the start of the game)... for example Killer: you win if you make 6 hooks but with all survivor alive, or you win if you get 2 hooks to the basement. For Surv: you win if you make 3 flashlight saves. or you win if you make 4 full heals to your teammates. Obviously these are examples, but with a little creativity, player's attention could be directed not to kill/escape... but to other objectives (always related to the game, however).
  • Months after I've left and people on this forum still try to gashlight others that camping, slugging and tunneling are done by bad skilled players and/or evil players.

    Nothing changed, LoL.

    @Op

    Good for you.

  • @Rickprado said:

    Months after I've left and people on this forum still try to gashlight others are by bad skilled players and/or evil players.

    Nothing changed, LoL.

    @Op

    Good for you.

    Pretty much, the meaning of this post is like " Im so proud that I can still make it to the bus when Im late for it without needing to run, I just walk little faster" like yeah good for you but who cares someone just runs other walk fast and others get there on time with chill do whats best for you.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4045334#Comment_4045334

    Ive done it before, back when they were super broken just after release.

    Yeah, perhaps it count be done in the past. but i would like to see you do it now.

  • @Sp00kyb0b said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4045387#Comment_4045387

    Yeah, perhaps it count be done in the past. but i would like to see you do it now.

    I think I probably could, but why should I?

  • Yeah sure, for a very few, but most players have under 10.000 hours

  • @Sp00kyb0b said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4047538#Comment_4047538

    Yeah sure, for a very few, but most players have under 10.000 hours

    As do I.

    I didn't play THAT much haha

  • Im sorry to say so then, but you might have too high thoughts of your own skill level or you are still in "baby mmr" with your killers.

  • @Sp00kyb0b said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4047785#Comment_4047785

    Im sorry to say so then, but you might have too high thoughts of your own skill level or you are still in "baby mmr" with your killers.

    Have you considered the possibility that your personal notions about the state of game balance could be incorrect?

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4048406#Comment_4048406

    Have you considered the possibility that your personal notions about the state of game balance could be incorrect?

    If you play twins with out slugging anyone, then you are not using Victor correctly, they are ment to slug and then for Charlotte to come and pick up and hook

    May i suggest that you watch Lynxi play? shes a really good twins player -

    https://www.twitch.tv/lynxi
  • @Sp00kyb0b said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4048411#Comment_4048411

    If you play twins with out slugging anyone, then you are not using Victor correctly, they are ment to slug and then for Charlotte to come and pick up and hook

    May i suggest that you watch Lynxi play? shes a really good twins player -

    https://www.twitch.tv/lynxi

    If you play twins with out slugging anyone, then you are not using Victor correctly, they are ment to slug and then for Charlotte to come and pick up and hook

    That's not slugging, that's downing.

  • @Sp00kyb0b said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4047785#Comment_4047785

    Im sorry to say so then, but you might have too high thoughts of your own skill level or you are still in "baby mmr" with your killers.

    MMR isn't a factor. MMR only separates the absolute beginners from the people who have played 10+ hours.

    I'm not the greatest player in the world, certainly not now after being "retired" for months and months. But when I was playing consistently, I was comfortably winning the vast majority of my games without slugging or tunneling.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4048406#Comment_4048406

    MMR isn't a factor. MMR only separates the absolute beginners from the people who have played 10+ hours.

    I'm not the greatest player in the world, certainly not now after being "retired" for months and months. But when I was playing consistently, I was comfortably winning the vast majority of my games without slugging or tunneling.

    You need to research more into this buddy, there are 3 mmr brackets

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4048419#Comment_4048419

    If you play twins with out slugging anyone, then you are not using Victor correctly, they are ment to slug and then for Charlotte to come and pick up and hook

    That's not slugging, that's downing.

    I am being called nasty slugger stuff when i do that on twins.

  • @Sp00kyb0b said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4048482#Comment_4048482

    I am being called nasty slugger stuff when i do that on twins.

    play according to the survivors rules and you will likely still called all sorts so might as well play in a way that you see fit

  • @runningguy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4048616#Comment_4048616

    play according to the survivors rules and you will likely still called all sorts so might as well play in a way that you see fit

    sadly survivors will never be happy.

    Delete Killer strategies = complain about S tier killers (Blight/Nurse/Kaneki)

    Gut S tier killers = complain about killer aura read perks

    and so on and so forth

  • @Sp00kyb0b said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4048511#Comment_4048511

    You need to research more into this buddy, there are 3 mmr brackets

    There are functionally only two due to how matchmaking actually works.

    You have the absolute beginners.

    Then you have everyone below the soft-cap.

    Then everyone above the soft-cap.

    Matchmaking won't let you jump more than one-tier. It is absurdly easy to hit the soft cap. I'd wager 90% of players are at or above it.

    The game has a matchmaker; it prioritizes speed over everything else.

  • @runningguy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4048616#Comment_4048616

    play according to the survivors rules and you will likely still called all sorts so might as well play in a way that you see fit

    Its funny to see the "pick me" "killer mains" who just want to assure publicly they are following the survivor rulebook for killers and want everyone to follow it too LOL. Unless you are a god tier Nurse or Blight main you will eventually doing something that might upset survivors (but if you are ´playing Blight or Nurse and you are good you already upset survivors, LOL).

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4048615#Comment_4048615

    There are functionally only two due to how matchmaking actually works.

    You have the absolute beginners.

    Then you have everyone below the soft-cap.

    Then everyone above the soft-cap.

    Matchmaking won't let you jump more than one-tier. It is absurdly easy to hit the soft cap. I'd wager 90% of players are at or above it.

    The game has a matchmaker; it prioritizes speed over everything else.

    The last time the devs said anything about the soft cap, the claim was that 5% of players were above it

    However, I think that number's likely an analysis of every account that's ever played at least 1 match, which would include all the people who have booted up the game once to play with friends 4 years ago and never touched it again.

    I think the far more useful number would be what percentage of games are played above the soft cap - that's one I'm willing to say is far more likely to be in the 90% range you specified

1 2 3 ›