"What are survivors supposed to do if 2 are dead and 3 gens are left?"

I saw a thread on Twitter engaging with this question and I feel like the answer is rather obvious, isn't it?
The killer won. You lost. So get on with it.
Yeah in theory you can drag out the match until somebody gets caught for the hatch standoff. But just being honest if you could play an entire new round in the time it would take for somebody to get caught hiding in a corner then it's better to just move on with your life.

Maybe this is short sighted but like, there is no alternative right? I guess in theory both survivors could play perfectly. That's not going to happen. Why waste your own time?

Comments

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963159#Comment_3963159

    "The correct play of hiding"? So if killers do "the correct play of slugging", they shouldn't be punished?

    Correct, they shouldn't be punished either. And I have no post in my history where I suggested otherwise, so you can't move the goalposts by attacking me. Sorry.

  • It doesnt matter if the other survivors are alive or not, you're still supposed to open an exit and leave.

    The trial doesnt end if half the survivors are dead. They're not a team that loses if theres more dead than alive. Theyre 4 individual contestants thrown into the same trial, regardless what the community thinks.

    THe whole 2 survivors refusing to do their stuff because the hatch is a lazy way out should've been patched way earlier. Damn vultures waiting for each other to die first.

  • @Raptorrotas said:

    It doesnt matter if the other survivors are alive or not, you're still supposed to open an exit and leave.

    The trial doesnt end if half the survivors are dead. They're not a team that loses if theres more dead than alive. Theyre 4 individual contestants thrown into the same trial, regardless what the community thinks.

    THe whole 2 survivors refusing to do their stuff because the hatch is a lazy way out should've been patched way earlier. Damn vultures waiting for each other to die first.

    I think the issue is less that survivors in this scenario think hatch is the better option, and more that completing the generators isn't an option at all.

    If there's no chance at all of actually finishing your objective, what incentive do players have to engage with it, especially when they could at least attempt to stealth it out and play for hatch? Even removing hatch won't fix that problem, it'd still be impossible for those players to finish gens.

    I'm not saying they should be able to, mind, but that is the core of the problem. There's no reason for players to stay engaged with the game in those scenarios.

  • If this happens to me, I often just give myself over to the killer so I can leave and the other person can maybe try for hatch. Playing for hatch isn't fun to me. Unfortunately, my reward for this free kill is usually to get slugged. So then I get to be stuck in the match AND not be able to do anything.

  • It's very simple, survivor is supposed to lose. The game has a lot of situations like this where killer wins automatically. It's a game about one person having a default winning advantage.

  • @MDRSan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963504#Comment_3963504

    That might be a useful anti-tunneling mechanic though. It would encourage spreading the hook states around since if the killer tries to tunnel someone out, the survivors might let them and get a buff because of it. You could have something in place where it only triggers if each hook state was reached because of a separate hooking - that way no one could argue it’s efficient to just leave someone on hook to die.

    You could have something in place where it only triggers if each hook state was reached because of a separate hooking - that way no one could argue it’s efficient to just leave someone on hook to die.

    That would help on situation 2 if they were to go to that extreme.

    But it leaves the issue that the survivors have no reason to protect that survivor once unhooked and the killer has every reason to leave them slugged.

    It also doesn't deal with scenario 1 about how Killer progress doesn't feel like anything. I hate the term lose/lose, but I think it would apply here. Spread pressure, getting multiple survivors on death hook, and the survivors will get a ton of gen progress . Eliminate a survivor, and the survivors will get a ton of gen progress by the time needed to do them dropping significantly.

    It just looks like we'd either need to reimagine the game as actually a 1v1v1v1v1, or the killer would need massive buffs. Because if the catch up mechanic is so extreme that 2 survivors could come back from there being 3 gens left to go we have a radically different game.

    Personally, I think the mercy option is the best of the ideas proposed. If it gets down to 2 survivors and there is less than 350 charges on all the gens, the killer just wins. It wouldn't be a satisfying conclusion, but as a bonus it would prevent survivors who try to hide from the start and are just playing for hatch.

  • @cogsturning said:

    If this happens to me, I often just give myself over to the killer so I can leave and the other person can maybe try for hatch. Playing for hatch isn't fun to me. Unfortunately, my reward for this free kill is usually to get slugged. So then I get to be stuck in the match AND not be able to do anything.

    I have the same experience. I go out of my way to have the killer find me first, hoping they will just kill me and move on, hoping they’re glad I didn’t make them play hide and seek as so many really dislike it, only to end up slugged while they go find the other survivor.

  • @PolarBear said:

    Both 2v1 and 3v1 situations desperately need to be looked at. This is going to sound unpopular but there needs to be a catch up mechanic for when a survivor dies early to keeps survivors engaged instead of what we have now where the game grinds to a halt and the survivors eventually all die. For me this is the biggest pain point in the game, before it was manageable since you could just die on hook but now that its removed you are forced to stay in the match for several more minutes than before. Complete misery for everyone involved, even as a killer because now if you want an actual interesting match you need to play worse to give the other side a chance.

    I thought of a mechanic they could implement. I believe the game should be balanced around 12 hooking instead of trying to get to a 3v1 asap. The mechanic I thought of would be a shared life system. Where no one has any hook states but rather the whole team has 12 lives. The first 4 hooks on any Survivor would be the first stage. Hooks 5, 6, 7, and 8 would be the struggle phase. The remaining 4 would be death. So no matter what a survivor cannot normally die on hook until the killer has gotten 8 hooks. Obviously perks and such would have to be rebalanced along with other things like buffing the killer role. You could still tunnel but you would have to hook that person 9 times to eventually kill them and camping wouldn't really work anymore since the other 3 survivors should be able to complete 5 gens since they could sit on the hook for like 560 seconds.

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963581#Comment_3963581

    You could have something in place where it only triggers if each hook state was reached because of a separate hooking - that way no one could argue it’s efficient to just leave someone on hook to die.

    That would help on situation 2 if they were to go to that extreme.

    But it leaves the issue that the survivors have no reason to protect that survivor once unhooked and the killer has every reason to leave them slugged.

    It also doesn't deal with scenario 1 about how Killer progress doesn't feel like anything. I hate the term lose/lose, but I think it would apply here. Spread pressure, getting multiple survivors on death hook, and the survivors will get a ton of gen progress . Eliminate a survivor, and the survivors will get a ton of gen progress by the time needed to do them dropping significantly.

    It just looks like we'd either need to reimagine the game as actually a 1v1v1v1v1, or the killer would need massive buffs. Because if the catch up mechanic is so extreme that 2 survivors could come back from there being 3 gens left to go we have a radically different game.

    Personally, I think the mercy option is the best of the ideas proposed. If it gets down to 2 survivors and there is less than 350 charges on all the gens, the killer just wins. It wouldn't be a satisfying conclusion, but as a bonus it would prevent survivors who try to hide from the start and are just playing for hatch.

    IMO, the mercy option would just encourage a further race to the bottom where looser and looser criteria define a killer win.

    Reducing the total required charges per gen doesn’t have to outweigh the benefits to having a whole other survivor. Unless you’re knocking the charges down by 1/4 for each death then it’s not even equal in gen time, much less the benefit of having a whole other target for the killer to go after versus their time being spread across only 2 or 3 survivors. It would have to practically pop a gen by itself to be worth it to just let someone die.

    A killer doesn’t need to tunnel someone out in order to feel like they made progress - people win matches all the time without tunneling. Remember the goal with an anti-tunneling solution is to discourage tunneling. Of course it’s going to make tunneling a less effective strategy, if not straight up discouraged - that’s the whole point.

    I can only speak from my perspective but since when I play survivor I only play in solo queue - IMO, the game is a 1v1v1v1v1 whether it’s intended that way or not. There’s no survivor team points or team wins. If I get tunneled out first thing in a match, what possible fun did I have? What did I even accomplish to justify queuing in the first place? There is no group success.

  • @PleaseRewind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963448#Comment_3963448

    That’s what others and myself said we do. Let’s be real unless the killer shows mercy, goes afk or is completely clueless those 3 remaining gens are not getting done.

    When Killer tries, that 40% escape rate easily drops down to 10% or below. The bulk of that is gen regression and early camping/tunneling. Any time the Survivors get a foothold, just resort to slugging and patrolling the remaining gens.

    @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963489#Comment_3963489

    The forum comments around anti-slugging very often suggested giving survivors a basekit unbreakable, that can activate even when the survivors forced the killer to slug.

    Look at how they handled anti-camping. I think we'll be fine.

  • @mecca said:

    It's very simple, survivor is supposed to lose. The game has a lot of situations like this where killer wins automatically. It's a game about one person having a default winning advantage.

    This too. If Survivors were meant to have a comeback, their endgame wouldn't be so heavily nerfed and second chance perks wouldn't be so conditional.

    @hermitkermit said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963618#Comment_3963618

    I have the same experience. I go out of my way to have the killer find me first, hoping they will just kill me and move on, hoping they’re glad I didn’t make them play hide and seek as so many really dislike it, only to end up slugged while they go find the other survivor.

    In my experience, they get upset when players give up. They'll slug everyone early on and then get upset if you don't pick everyone up or work on gens. But realistically, why would anyone want to engage from that point forward?

    My suggestion is to run an anti-slug objective build. When the trial is dead, run around and do totems and open chests. If you get slugged, pick yourself up and do it again. Wait for everyone to go down and then surrender.

  • Just remember escape rate is not win rate.

    I dont think escape rate ever gets to 10% for someone though. They are clear outliers if thats the case.

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963473#Comment_3963473

    When Killer tries, that 40% escape rate easily drops down to 10% or below. The bulk of that is gen regression and early camping/tunneling. Any time the Survivors get a foothold, just resort to slugging and patrolling the remaining gens.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963541#Comment_3963541

    Look at how they handled anti-camping. I think we'll be fine.

    BHVR wanted to release an anti-slugging mechanic for Chaos Shuffle, that was so awful for the killer, that the entire event got cancelled.

    It really feels like BHVR isn't trying to create something that is fair for killers, and instead is just trying to see what they can get away with. Because we've also had the "infinite unbreakable" PTB, that BHVR honestly thought would be fair for killers.

  • I will gladly throw myself on a sword instead of hiding. I really don’t care it’s an unwinnable game at this point and it just drags out. This is when I miss being able to speed up hook progress.

  • @Destaice said:

    I saw a thread on Twitter engaging with this question and I feel like the answer is rather obvious, isn't it?
    The killer won. You lost. So get on with it.
    Yeah in theory you can drag out the match until somebody gets caught for the hatch standoff. But just being honest if you could play an entire new round in the time it would take for somebody to get caught hiding in a corner then it's better to just move on with your life.

    Maybe this is short sighted but like, there is no alternative right? I guess in theory both survivors could play perfectly. That's not going to happen. Why waste your own time?

    gens while stealthing

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963566#Comment_3963566

    Your suggestion gave survivors unbreakable, even when the survivors forced the killer to slug.

    For example, if there is only one hook that is within hooking range, and it is currently broken because of the Breakdown perk, your suggestion would still give the survivor basekit unbreakable, even though the killer literally can't hook the survivor, and therefore is forced to slug the survivor.

    Ok I get it and yes there are instances where slugging is a necessity. However the event proves that killers slug because they are lazy and even if it’s a dead zone they can literally hook anywhere with an invitation. Or they slug and seek with the last two players. There should really be no slugging in the event with remote hooking available but here we are being slugged 90% of matches.

  • @jesterkind said:

    While you're not wrong, this situation does mean the game kinda grinds to a halt and nothing happens. If possible, it would be a good idea to try and make sure all three players are still engaged.

    I've pitched before that the hatch should spawn, but not open, with two survivors left alive. Ideally this would mean the two survivors are moving around to try and find that hatch, then moving around to chests to try and find a key, or something. With a few tweaks to make sure people bringing a key don't guarantee the last two escaping (something like the hatch closing again and respawning somewhere else after it's used) and to make sure the killer can't just camp the hatch for the same outcome as now (making it invisible to them until it's open, for example), I think that'd help make the 2v1 a bit more engaging.

    that was already a thing and keys were meta for that reason it was cancerous. what would happen was the last 2 survivors left or if 1 player was a troll just left

  • @LockerLurk said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3962908#Comment_3962908

    Unfortunately the only way to make a good catchup mechanic is to make it equal for both sides. This means if the Killer is struggling, gens will grind to a near halt until they start to even the score out, too. But that isn't fun for Survivor, is it? It wouldn't be fun for me as Survivor.

    The unfortunate truth is you have to accept that such a game is a loss if the Killer plays hard, which many do because the game tells you to. Chill players on Killer side are few and far between; there is no incentive to be nice and take the 3k or even the 2k. The game doesn't allow for it, and punishes you with less points if you do. The same is true on Survivor side, there is no incentive to befriending the Killer except you dying.

    Losing on both sides feels unfun and punishing, more than losing should a loss should only ever feel like an "aww dang, maybe next round" moment and currently it feels like a "no, bad, do better loser".

    Besides we have something like this in 2v8. It feels bad there, it is bad there, it's not a fun mechanic and not really the solution you want. I promise it's not.

    Expect if we but catch up mechanic it would benefit greatly more survivors. I win most games 3-4 gens left if I want. I don't tunnel or camp and usually let someone at least escape. Now if they put catch up mechanic maybe I get some challenge.

    Most my survivors matches in soloQ go about same maybe we get few more gens as most killer players are not good.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3962908#Comment_3962908

    You have to be careful with catchup mechanics, because if not done properly or carefully, you just end up rewarding someone for playing badly. You should not be punished for playing well and have your opponent be rewarded for playing badly.

    Ideally instead of a "Catchup mechanic" the game should just fundamentally be designed at a core level to not snowball as hard. For example if survivors shared the 1st hook state, then you couldn't be eliminated from them atch until the 6 hook at the absolute earliest. That would help solve much of that snowball potential.

    On the other side of things, adding in more basekit gen defense that is gained through more rewarding gameplay like hooking survivors would go a long way to helping out the killer side.

    Agree expect killer side does not need more gen regression unless we remove the perks. I use pain res and DMS which allow me to keep survivors from at times even fixing one gen for very long time.

  • @Unequalmitten86 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963569#Comment_3963569

    Ok I get it and yes there are instances where slugging is a necessity. However the event proves that killers slug because they are lazy and even if it’s a dead zone they can literally hook anywhere with an invitation. Or they slug and seek with the last two players. There should really be no slugging in the event with remote hooking available but here we are being slugged 90% of matches.

    I'm still forced to slug in this event, because remote hooking requires the killer to fully pickup a survivor, which means survivors can flashbang/flashlight/pallet save the survivor.

  • @PleaseRewind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963448#Comment_3963448

    That’s what others and myself said we do. Let’s be real unless the killer shows mercy, goes afk or is completely clueless those 3 remaining gens are not getting done.

    yes, that:s the issue with a game that is rotten at its core, no matter what you try to fix, it will never work

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963017#Comment_3963017

    Expect if we but catch up mechanic it would benefit greatly more survivors. I win most games 3-4 gens left if I want. I don't tunnel or camp and usually let someone at least escape. Now if they put catch up mechanic maybe I get some challenge.

    Most my survivors matches in soloQ go about same maybe we get few more gens as most killer players are not good.

    That's great!

    But none of that is relevant to the discussion at hand, and you could have stopped at the first sentence.

    You don't need to humblebrag about how good you are at the game.

  • I usually just let killer find me, get last chase and die…

  • I am once again proposing an egc on gens in a 2v1 situation with multiple gens left or the remaining survivors get sacrificed to the entity if time expires.

  • @Destaice said:

    I saw a thread on Twitter engaging with this question and I feel like the answer is rather obvious, isn't it?
    The killer won. You lost. So get on with it.
    Yeah in theory you can drag out the match until somebody gets caught for the hatch standoff. But just being honest if you could play an entire new round in the time it would take for somebody to get caught hiding in a corner then it's better to just move on with your life.

    Maybe this is short sighted but like, there is no alternative right? I guess in theory both survivors could play perfectly. That's not going to happen. Why waste your own time?

    In situations like this I offered myself to the killer but they just slug you for the 4k so damned if you do damned if you don’t.

  • @Mr_K said:

    It's called a hatch game. Hope that you're not the one found first.

    Slug for 4k:

  • @PleaseRewind said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963433#Comment_3963433

    This would be a terrible move. There are only a few things that would make me give up playing all together and this would be one. You'd think they could come up with a better idea in this scenario than just sacrificing the remaining two.

    Make tunneling, camping and slugging impossible for killers

    Done

    I think its a fair trade

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963701#Comment_3963701

    BHVR wanted to release an anti-slugging mechanic for Chaos Shuffle, that was so awful for the killer, that the entire event got cancelled.

    It really feels like BHVR isn't trying to create something that is fair for killers, and instead is just trying to see what they can get away with. Because we've also had the "infinite unbreakable" PTB, that BHVR honestly thought would be fair for killers.

    It'll be next to impossible to accurately gauge what's fair as long as the trials steamroll as easily as they do. Regardless, if Killer has catchup mechanics that last all trial long, offer very little resistance (there is counterplay, but it's easily overpowered), and can be used without restraint across all characters, there HAS to be something of equal ease and power for Survivor. SWF is too unrealistic.

    @Deathstroke said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963017#Comment_3963017

    Expect if we but catch up mechanic it would benefit greatly more survivors. I win most games 3-4 gens left if I want. I don't tunnel or camp and usually let someone at least escape. Now if they put catch up mechanic maybe I get some challenge.

    Most my survivors matches in soloQ go about same maybe we get few more gens as most killer players are not good.

    My solo trials are the same. I can maintain a 40%-ish streak if I play during a specific window at the start of events. Otherwise, it's a lot of trials where Killer gains an early advantage, we get a few gens done, and then they start slugging until we're all down. Even when we (rarely) open the gates, it's the same story. Escapes only happen if the Killer is sorely mismatched or if they let us win.

    I'm 3k hours but still fairly casual. I can't imagine my experience is that different from the majority.

    @Chiky said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963473#Comment_3963473

    yes, that:s the issue with a game that is rotten at its core, no matter what you try to fix, it will never work

    There's a lot that could make the game a lot more enjoyable and fair, but if asymmetrical games have shown anything, it's that Killers won't queue up if they can't win with ease. It's a problem for the genre overall.

  • @PolarBear said:

    Both 2v1 and 3v1 situations desperately need to be looked at. This is going to sound unpopular but there needs to be a catch up mechanic for when a survivor dies early to keeps survivors engaged instead of what we have now where the game grinds to a halt and the survivors eventually all die. For me this is the biggest pain point in the game, before it was manageable since you could just die on hook but now that its removed you are forced to stay in the match for several more minutes than before. Complete misery for everyone involved, even as a killer because now if you want an actual interesting match you need to play worse to give the other side a chance.

    I would be down for that! Truly. However, it needs to go both ways. If they popped 3 gens and I only have 1 hook. I want a catch up mechanic. Gen speeds get reduced drastically.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3962908#Comment_3962908

    I would be down for that! Truly. However, it needs to go both ways. If they popped 3 gens and I only have 1 hook. I want a catch up mechanic. Gen speeds get reduced drastically.

    2v8 has implemented scaling difficulty so the code is there. The only issue is that it would be easy to artificially inflate or deflate numbers due to how many variables there are in the game. Also that 2v8's version of it is almost negligible. If it were beefed up and closely monitored, it could potentially replace slowdowns and catchups (second chance perks and camping/tunneling/slugging).

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963768#Comment_3963768

    It'll be next to impossible to accurately gauge what's fair as long as the trials steamroll as easily as they do. Regardless, if Killer has catchup mechanics that last all trial long, offer very little resistance (there is counterplay, but it's easily overpowered), and can be used without restraint across all characters, there HAS to be something of equal ease and power for Survivor. SWF is too unrealistic.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963809#Comment_3963809

    My solo trials are the same. I can maintain a 40%-ish streak if I play during a specific window at the start of events. Otherwise, it's a lot of trials where Killer gains an early advantage, we get a few gens done, and then they start slugging until we're all down. Even when we (rarely) open the gates, it's the same story. Escapes only happen if the Killer is sorely mismatched or if they let us win.

    I'm 3k hours but still fairly casual. I can't imagine my experience is that different from the majority.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963843#Comment_3963843

    There's a lot that could make the game a lot more enjoyable and fair, but if asymmetrical games have shown anything, it's that Killers won't queue up if they can't win with ease. It's a problem for the genre overall.

    It seems to me that it was very easy to accurately gauge if the anti-slugging mechanic was fair for Chaos Shuffle, since BHVR decided to cancel the entire event instead of implement it.

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963768#Comment_3963768

    It'll be next to impossible to accurately gauge what's fair as long as the trials steamroll as easily as they do. Regardless, if Killer has catchup mechanics that last all trial long, offer very little resistance (there is counterplay, but it's easily overpowered), and can be used without restraint across all characters, there HAS to be something of equal ease and power for Survivor. SWF is too unrealistic.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963809#Comment_3963809

    My solo trials are the same. I can maintain a 40%-ish streak if I play during a specific window at the start of events. Otherwise, it's a lot of trials where Killer gains an early advantage, we get a few gens done, and then they start slugging until we're all down. Even when we (rarely) open the gates, it's the same story. Escapes only happen if the Killer is sorely mismatched or if they let us win.

    I'm 3k hours but still fairly casual. I can't imagine my experience is that different from the majority.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963843#Comment_3963843

    There's a lot that could make the game a lot more enjoyable and fair, but if asymmetrical games have shown anything, it's that Killers won't queue up if they can't win with ease. It's a problem for the genre overall.

    Yeah at least most killers don't slug in my games but that happens still too often. I just think "chill killer" no need to win 5 gens left

  • @Virtualguy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3963027#Comment_3963027

    Nah, you still run into the same issue. Doing three 50 second gens and a major nerf to gen speeds while everyone is alive? That's actually much worse than the current situation since survivors are less likely to get gens done in the first place and while the time is slightly reduced it's not enough to make the risk of being caught actually worth it.

    Those were just numbers i pulled off the top of my head, could be 70 secs with 3 alive and 40 for 2, would need tested. It wouldn't help with 3 gens left but if survivors are so far behind why should it. It would certainly help with 1 gen left.

  • I have said here on the forum many times that there needs to be a bonus to survivors actions for each survivor killed. This would also solve the tunneling and camping problem. The game needs to be balanced 1v4 then 1v3 then 1v2 then 1v1.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964099#Comment_3964099

    It seems to me that it was very easy to accurately gauge if the anti-slugging mechanic was fair for Chaos Shuffle, since BHVR decided to cancel the entire event instead of implement it.

    I don't know that I buy that. I think what's more likely is that with these latest patches flopping so hard, they're a bit hesitant about starting phase 2. So they extended the current event, which was already affected by those patches and is the right call, and shelved phase 2 even longer to maybe gain a bit more confidence with it. I don't know that it will ultimately matter since phase 1 was stalled as well, but you know.

    @Deathstroke said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964099#Comment_3964099

    Yeah at least most killers don't slug in my games but that happens still too often. I just think "chill killer" no need to win 5 gens left

    I wasn't seeing it for a little bit but now I am again. And it makes sense, really. Play the right regression build with a strong enough Killer and get the trial over with as quickly as possible. There's very little standing in the way of that. It's just poison to the game is all and BHVR should know better with 3 years of data on this trajectory.

    @zumer said:

    I have said here on the forum many times that there needs to be a bonus to survivors actions for each survivor killed. This would also solve the tunneling and camping problem. The game needs to be balanced 1v4 then 1v3 then 1v2 then 1v1.

    It might be a little strong, but I'd like to see the gen counter go down when each Survivor dies. The trial bottle necking is so common that there needs to be something to get it moving aside from forfeiting.

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964155#Comment_3964155

    I don't know that I buy that. I think what's more likely is that with these latest patches flopping so hard, they're a bit hesitant about starting phase 2. So they extended the current event, which was already affected by those patches and is the right call, and shelved phase 2 even longer to maybe gain a bit more confidence with it. I don't know that it will ultimately matter since phase 1 was stalled as well, but you know.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964168#Comment_3964168

    I wasn't seeing it for a little bit but now I am again. And it makes sense, really. Play the right regression build with a strong enough Killer and get the trial over with as quickly as possible. There's very little standing in the way of that. It's just poison to the game is all and BHVR should know better with 3 years of data on this trajectory.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964243#Comment_3964243

    It might be a little strong, but I'd like to see the gen counter go down when each Survivor dies. The trial bottle necking is so common that there needs to be something to get it moving aside from forfeiting.

    I can’t even tell if they’re done with Phase 1 yet. We have a hiding prevention system, that I haven’t seen reveal anyone since the nerfs. And we have a Go Next prevention where half of it was turned off, and we have zero communication if it’s being fixed, or if it’s off forever.

    Like, is BHVR happy with what they’ve done on these mechanics? Why have we literally had zero communication on this? Are we starting phase 2 even though phase 1 is arguably unfinished?

  • @UnicornMedal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964155#Comment_3964155

    I don't know that I buy that. I think what's more likely is that with these latest patches flopping so hard, they're a bit hesitant about starting phase 2. So they extended the current event, which was already affected by those patches and is the right call, and shelved phase 2 even longer to maybe gain a bit more confidence with it. I don't know that it will ultimately matter since phase 1 was stalled as well, but you know.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964168#Comment_3964168

    I wasn't seeing it for a little bit but now I am again. And it makes sense, really. Play the right regression build with a strong enough Killer and get the trial over with as quickly as possible. There's very little standing in the way of that. It's just poison to the game is all and BHVR should know better with 3 years of data on this trajectory.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964243#Comment_3964243

    It might be a little strong, but I'd like to see the gen counter go down when each Survivor dies. The trial bottle necking is so common that there needs to be something to get it moving aside from forfeiting.

    Yeah I myself hold back a lot when playing killer so that I don't completely stomp most survivors. Especially in the event I have to be careful.

    As soon as I wrote that reply to you my team was slugged 3 times a row at least we got few gens done though. But damn I can't blame if survivors don't want to use cakes especially after event as their bp gains are minimal.

    But maybe killers like me keep them continuing who show some mercy.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964498#Comment_3964498

    I can’t even tell if they’re done with Phase 1 yet. We have a hiding prevention system, that I haven’t seen reveal anyone since the nerfs. And we have a Go Next prevention where half of it was turned off, and we have zero communication if it’s being fixed, or if it’s off forever.

    Like, is BHVR happy with what they’ve done on these mechanics? Why have we literally had zero communication on this? Are we starting phase 2 even though phase 1 is arguably unfinished?

    I think the answer is somewhere between anti-face camp and the Twins rework. Chances are what we have is what we're left with.

    @Deathstroke said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3964498#Comment_3964498

    Yeah I myself hold back a lot when playing killer so that I don't completely stomp most survivors. Especially in the event I have to be careful.

    As soon as I wrote that reply to you my team was slugged 3 times a row at least we got few gens done though. But damn I can't blame if survivors don't want to use cakes especially after event as their bp gains are minimal.

    But maybe killers like me keep them continuing who show some mercy.

    That was the heart of go next. Giving up unfair/lost trials and moving on to hopefully find something better. It's not the end of the world if we can't do it, but it's just going to be replaced with point farming that doesn't advance the trial at all. That's why I suggest bringing a build that lets you do anything aside from gens in this meta unless you want very minimal returns.

  • The problem with those situations in general is that the killer can force a 4k by forcing the third survivor to snitch out the fourth survivor which happens a lot due to the hatch and the mindset that they wanna get a 4k at all costs.

  • I’ll hop on a gen. No point hiding.

    I used to just let the Killer kill me so I can move on to the next match, if there’s to many gems to do. I tend to just get slugged for the 4K, so I don’t do that anymore.

  • @PolarBear said:

    Both 2v1 and 3v1 situations desperately need to be looked at. This is going to sound unpopular but there needs to be a catch up mechanic for when a survivor dies early to keeps survivors engaged instead of what we have now where the game grinds to a halt and the survivors eventually all die. For me this is the biggest pain point in the game, before it was manageable since you could just die on hook but now that its removed you are forced to stay in the match for several more minutes than before. Complete misery for everyone involved, even as a killer because now if you want an actual interesting match you need to play worse to give the other side a chance.

    This.

  • Go to the killer enage in chase an use it as a means to try an improve try things you don't usually do or work on improving a a certain loop/tile.

  • @TiSeraph said:

    I really like the "catch up mechanism" idea. It would be an intrinsic anti- tunneling mechanism too.

    I get a LoL out of "killers need a catch up mechanic tooooo"

    The game skews killer the longer it runs. Pallets get burned. The killer has fewer gens to patrol. Consumables are gone. And I pick up a hook or two at endgame, every other game.

    That's your catch-up mechanic.

    But that's cool. When we're down to two, I'll be the one rapidly exiting lockers to distract you and then hiding.

    Over and over.

    For five minutes or so.

    So you admit you a) only want the game to be fun for me but not for thee, b) like to harass people just because they beat you at the game, c) enjoy holding the Killer and one other Survivor player hostage out of pettiness because your team isn't winning, d) don't realize all Killers are not at equal strength levels?

    You sound like fun to play with… /s

1 2 ›