Your experience against/with the new killer so far

So I was just curious about your experiences going against the new killer.

So far he is down right slaughtering me and my teammates and people have already started to give up once they get hooked. We rarely get more than two gens done (by "we" I mean my soloq team). I admit I'm not a very good player but getting stomped like this feels unusual tbh.

In my experience new killers tend to have rather low kill rates right after the release before people truly master them.

So what changed here? Are you guys having fun going as and against him? How has it been for you so far? :)

Edit: Just got out from a game where someone went afk right at the start and for the rest of the trial. :I

Comments

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3904719#Comment_3904719

    Another thing with the proxy camping is when someone goes for a save he 100% guarantees a hook trade, as he autoaims to the rescuer who patiently waits for the animation lock to end and then decides to unhook or run. Like this is the closest to facecamping other than tombstone myers actually facecamping. No actual skill / aim / prediction required.

    I was thinking about making that into a meme, but now you've convinced me commit to the idea.

    LowEffortMemeKen.png
  • @dayflare said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3904831#Comment_3904831

    The thing with this is Killer mains are taking advantage of this and that's why every killer is the Ghoul. They're straight mining bloodpoints because this killer is the biggest piece of dog slop I've ever seen in DBD. I've had issues with new updates before, but I swear I've never seen it this horrible before. This is not even enjoyable to play as survivor.

    The only way I'm able to grind bloodpoints is by unhooking my mates. This killer is single handedly the greatest threat to global security. If this killer existed in real life, we would all be doomed.

    Right on the money. Needed a good laugh too m8 because this killer is a big meanie who smells bad :'(

  • @Minibeasty said:

    So I was just curious about your experiences going against the new killer.

    So far he is down right slaughtering me and my teammates and people have already started to give up once they get hooked. We rarely get more than two gens done (by "we" I mean my soloq team). I admit I'm not a very good player but getting stomped like this feels unusual tbh.

    In my experience new killers tend to have rather low kill rates right after the release before people truly master them.

    So what changed here? Are you guys having fun going as and against him? How has it been for you so far? :)

    Edit: Just got out from a game where someone went afk right at the start and for the rest of the trial. :I

    Not so bad actually I'm not seeinf what other survivors are seeinf but that could just be ny matches personally I see no difference as it were to be for legion or wesker

  • Can't play the game for an hour because I disconnected too much. Love getting immediately knocked by the killer for having a hex perk, on top of the killer being the most overpowered thing in the entire game.

  • I actually haven't died to one yet. Lost chases, sure, but no deaths.

    And playing him, I'm doing well enough. The two nitpicks I have is how easy the M2 is to land, which it should have a less wide detection box, and the fact you can injure a survivor above you on another floor and go through the animation. Otherwise, I'm enjoying both playing as and against em.

  • I was having fun with DBD lately too. A shame. Every match is this stupid killer. Not fun anymore. Bummer. Other games for now I guess. Sucks.

  • I am unironically having more fun against any other killer, even if they're tunneling and camping, than playing any match against the Ghoul.

  • @Caiman said:

    I am unironically having more fun against any other killer, even if they're tunneling and camping, than playing any match against the Ghoul.

    Agreed. I had so much luck tonight, only encountered 1 Ghoul. I had Plague, Huntress, Legion, and Gunslinger. Died once with a smile on my face.

    But when I encountered the Ghoul, I just disconnected and now I'm in bed.

  • Played as the Ghoul today. Not my first time, though I am yet to lose as him yet, or even get less than a 4k. In fact on my first game I adepted him without even really understanding how to play him yet. But I digress.

    I need to borrow this birds eye view of the map I found on google to display how absolutely ridiculous this killer is.

    2904838739_preview_Temple Of Purgation New.jpg

    Got completely outplayed by a survivor at 9. I got stuck in the enrage animation after hitting them with power but not pulling myself over a dropped pallet. I am currently on the left side of the pallet. The survivor has the entire map to run to.

    While I'm stuck in the enrage, he blinds me and runs towards main building. I decide to kick the pallet, because he's running double blind duration addons, so the blind lasts a long time and I can't see where he's going.

    As almost any other killer in the game, assuming they could get stuck in an animation like the Ghoul does, I just lost this chase. I not only had to recover from the enrage animation, I also had to finish the pallet break, while he has free reign to just hold W. The amount of time it would take me as almost anyone else just to catch up to him would give his allies a ton of gen time, and he would certainly make it inside the building, where he could use Temple of Purgation's windows to try to stall me further.

    He doesn't even make it inside the building.

    As soon as I'm out of the kick animation, I grapple towards him and cut him off before he could even get inside and down him.

    He outplayed me hard and it didn't matter at all. He still died seconds later.

    This is not okay.

  • A thought I wanted to throw out there: It seems like the leap targeting is server based? I had this thing happen where I did a 180 after looking at a survivor to target an object behind me instead, but to my surprise it still ended up hitting the survivor somehow anyway. Even though they were completely behind me at that point.

    There's also been plenty of instances where I've targeted a specific point on an object, and it ended up landing somewhere else, typically something I was looking at recently. I've seen it happen to streamers too. Plus there's the fact that survivors can see when they're being targeted.

    All things considered it really does feel like the server is handling these targeting calculations, which could be a source of some of the issues we're seeing on both sides.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3904135#Comment_3904135

    I wouldn't say his mobility is the best, definitely weaker than Blight.

    Actually I think Ghoul is just another version of Blight.

    In between loops, everything he does, Blight can do it better, as he can directly down you with its power.

    In looping, IMO it's even harder to use his power than Blight, mainly because and you can't really control your travel distance at will. It's extremely clunky to the point where it's almost up to chance where you'll land with your power. I don't think I have catch anyone with it yet. Though I agree the vaulting is quite good, similar to Houndmaster in a sense.

    So the counterplay to Ghoul is actually pretty similar to Blight. Do your best to loop the tiles, and run behind the obstacles when running between tiles.

    Personally I think the only OP aspect about him is the first hit injury. It's extremely strong as we know, so I don't think they'll keep it TBH. The cancel thing can stay, as it requires a lot of skill to pull it off.

    It's his map traversal and questionable hits that are the issue. You can't run OTR due to his potential to tunnel and snowball. I guarantee more people will use DS, but even if you use DS - what can do you do? A four second stun and he catches up to you regardless to tunnel you out, lol.

    @dayflare which is funny because I've seen people on Reddit talk about how it's hard for BP gains with Kaneki, lol.

    @danielmaster87 not so simple to run back to the gen to go do the gen unless you're running a full stealth build. What type of killer, if any will spot you and allow you full control to go back to the gen? People need to reset and heal and stop with the notion of this is Legion 2.0 - the killer is more of a hybrid of Blight and Wesker (map mobility, potential to punish you if you have no resources) - best thing to do is slap on Iron Will, do gens, get healed if you can (if you're playing soloq), predrop pallets between you and Kaneki (treat him like Wesker), hold w breaking LOS, and run away from hook as he will rush back to get tunneled. I honestly would advocate other survivors to stop healing at hook unless you're running Resurgence or the other person has anti-tunneling perks like BT, Babysitter, or We'll Make It.

  • Has anyone seen a Ghoul who wasn't running Infectious Fright?

  • @Jacknalls_Paw said:

    The first hit is practically always guaranteed and feels quite unrewarding, is it skillfull to hit from 30 metres with the indicator of the open mouth acting as an auto-aim? Not to mention the fact that the hitbox is tremendously large enough to catch is survivors behind walls.

    I also don't understand why the devs always fall into the same mistake: the killer has very little cooldown after using the leap, it's a scenario we've seen dozens of times with other killers. So far the survivor side fun is not expected.

    I honestly thought 3 weeks was enough time to certify that this killer was already strong enough during the PTB, the fact that he even came out with buffs and 0 nerfs is quite worrying.

    The killer has very little cd after using the leap. Yep. Just got downed in the smallest possible loop after killed vaulted a pallet and caught me and hit me from behind. No mind games involded. Even Wesker can't just vault a pallet and immediately hit you again without you being able to run atleast once more trough the window or pallet.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    Has anyone seen a Ghoul who wasn't running Infectious Fright?

    None of the ones I saw.

    A lot of aura stuff.

    The usual assortment of regression.

  • After another camp + tunnel game, where styptic + antihemo does nothing, antitunnel and exhaust perks are useless. I'm done with the game. So done. Camping and tunneling has already been meta for few months and now we get the same games, but with broken killer. I'm so done. You can't enjoy solo queue at all.

  • @NewPlayer100102 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3904966#Comment_3904966

    None of the ones I saw.

    A lot of aura stuff.

    The usual assortment of regression.

    Yeah, tons of aura reading for sure, but I swear almost every one I've seen has been running infectious fright.*

    Expected to see people experimenting, but not much variety in builds at all. They must all be watching the same content creators, lol

    *To be clear I'm exaggerating a bit, but I'd say an easy 8 of 10 Ghouls I've faced were running it.

  • literally EVERY match is just camping and tunneling this killer has made it so unfun to play anymore as survivor.

  • He is very very strong and has no obvious counterplay. He will probably get nerfed very hard once enough people bought this chapter.

    Was fun though to not completely hate my life while trying to do a killer adept.

  • @Na1ts1rhc said:

    THE GOOD

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5MJ2MJ4OJKIY/image.png

    • Insane gen pressure
    • Map crossing potential
    • "Kaneki Tax" (Put simply - Free hits)
    • Bump sliding around tiles like whoa
    • Rize <3

    THE BAD

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/J3P1YFG5BUSC/image.png

    • …
    • They're 100% going get nerfed into the dirt

    In all seriousness. The Ghoul is incredibly powerful atm. I fear what might happen to them seeing how upset surv players were day one. Balance aside - playing as the ghoul is nice and I even played a match as surv to see what it's like going against (I just got sick of the queue times). The killer I got wasn't that good and still wiped us how ever it was still pretty fun navigating while having to account for the human slingshot appearing next to you every 15 seconds. I hope that whatever happens, everyone ends up satisfied. I would hate to see the ghoul get gutted like skerchant but just based on survivor players initial reaction… It's not looking good

    Sad that when i said something like your opinion, i got downvote a lot. So i dont understand how do everyone read comments like this, someone got upvoted for the same opinion others got downvoted into trash for the same opinion.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3904978#Comment_3904978

    Yeah, tons of aura reading for sure, but I swear almost every one I've seen has been running infectious fright.*

    Expected to see people experimenting, but not much variety in builds at all. They must all be watching the same content creators, lol

    *To be clear I'm exaggerating a bit, but I'd say an easy 8 of 10 Ghouls I've faced were running it.

    Many I find love to use FTTE or the iri add-on I think(?) where they hook a survivor and everyone screams and reveals their aura.

    It's such a dumb and overplayed mechanic and enforces survivors to have to resort to using lockers (prevent FTTE snowball if you can get away from the initial scream) or then have to resort to a locker after every hook to prevent being screamed in general.

    That or run Calm Spirit, who'd have guess Calm Spirit would rise in popularity in 2025 DBD Bingo.

    Makes no sense for a killer so oppressive and can traverse maps with ease.

  • @Minibeasty said:

    So I was just curious about your experiences going against the new killer.

    So far he is down right slaughtering me and my teammates and people have already started to give up once they get hooked. We rarely get more than two gens done (by "we" I mean my soloq team). I admit I'm not a very good player but getting stomped like this feels unusual tbh.

    In my experience new killers tend to have rather low kill rates right after the release before people truly master them.

    So what changed here? Are you guys having fun going as and against him? How has it been for you so far? :)

    Edit: Just got out from a game where someone went afk right at the start and for the rest of the trial. :I

    I have Deja Vu from Wesker’s release. I am happy that BHVR has released a killer that people want to play. But yes, I would like to play against other killers, too. 🙂

    I feel I am performing community service by queuing up as Naughty Bear Trapper in these desperate times.

  • @LordHeXaGoN said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3904419#Comment_3904419

    Sad that when i said something like your opinion, i got downvote a lot. So i dont understand how do everyone read comments like this, someone got upvoted for the same opinion others got downvoted into trash for the same opinion.

    The forum is so bi-polar bro don't take it to heart.

  • But if people can lead devs to make decision i would like to join or tell my personal opinion. And want to be heard. But i know devs wont listen. i know who is majority of players, so this wont be surprise for me if they will kill kaneki. I never protect other killers even billy i love cuz know that he deserved his nerf, and it was ok. But in this killer case, i knew from anime i love, i want solution for both sides. When the killer stays almost the same and sruviviors start getting fun.

  • @LordHeXaGoN said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3905079#Comment_3905079

    But if people can lead devs to make decision i would like to join or tell my personal opinion. And want to be heard. But i know devs wont listen. i know who is majority of players, so this wont be surprise for me if they will kill kaneki. I never protect other killers even billy i love cuz know that he deserved his nerf, and it was ok. But in this killer case, i knew from anime i love, i want solution for both sides. When the killer stays almost the same and sruviviors start getting fun.

    Seems to me that the devs try to listen as little as possible to community feedback, otherwise the ghoul wouldn't be a problem rn. :3 Don't sweat, everything is gonna be alright! The Ghoul has to get tweaked a little because in the state he's in there's going to be a lot of dissatisfied survivors leaving the game for good or taking hiatus and we need those survivors to stick around if we want our queues to be bearable at the very least. I'd like things to happen fairly of course. I def don't want the ghoul to become useless like skerchant but I also don't want to slam dunk every killer game I play as him believe it or not. Playing killer is only fun when faced with a challenge and the ghoul where he stands rn… No challenge whatsoever. The slide is good skill expression imo but something needs to be done about how oppressive he is atm.

  • @Na1ts1rhc said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3905104#Comment_3905104

    Seems to me that the devs try to listen as little as possible to community feedback, otherwise the ghoul wouldn't be a problem rn. :3 Don't sweat, everything is gonna be alright! The Ghoul has to get tweaked a little because in the state he's in there's going to be a lot of dissatisfied survivors leaving the game for good or taking hiatus and we need those survivors to stick around if we want our queues to be bearable at the very least. I'd like things to happen fairly of course. I def don't want the ghoul to become useless like skerchant but I also don't want to slam dunk every killer game I play as him believe it or not. Playing killer is only fun when faced with a challenge and the ghoul where he stands rn… No challenge whatsoever. The slide is good skill expression imo but something needs to be done about how oppressive he is atm.

    oups wrong post sry just didnt saw where am i. So they can listen for a bit. But not as usuial when any killer gets nerfed by the call. When you fear that your beloved character, from the anime you like so much, will be unfairly nerfed, you have to try anything, to save their concept idea and playstyle. So i ve tried to let people see that he like it is now isnt good for game health just because of "mains" that said adding an old Apron addon in basekit will be the great idea!

    On ptb he was more fair and forgiving for other side. And buggy and ect ect. Insted of fixing bugs they on top of that did make him one of the strongest killer in the entire game.

    I dont want to slide or cancel to be removed, slide should be reduced, cancel will be fixed after that.
    Just take new Apron and you ll see ptb kaneki, but new Apron lies its reducing slide by 100%.

    He is slowing down when cancel just because of slide you didnt mentioned that too often.

  • @WolfePhD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/441561/your-experience-against-with-the-new-killer-so-far

    I have Deja Vu from Wesker’s release. I am happy that BHVR has released a killer that people want to play. But yes, I would like to play against other killers, too. 🙂

    I feel I am performing community service by queuing up as Naughty Bear Trapper in these desperate times.

    I was so happy to see a Hillbilly on Forgotten Ruins.

    Even was able to have nice chases with the guy without any exhaustion.

    It's uncanny in a way to go play DBD and actually see other killers, but I don't mind as I've typically adapted to Kaneki. My last match (so far) was against a Nemesis on Midwich and I wasn't even mad about it at all - 4 man out on soloq. It was a nice point to leave on for me, but I appreciate you as Naughty Bear Trapper. 🫡

    Crazy how people are getting upset about potential Kaneki nerfs ^ the fact that people are having to shift towards more stealth playstyles to circumvent his tunneling is an issue in and of itself - but it'll be a while for Behavior to nerf him, he is their money cow currently.

  • I have only played against him so far. I think he is okay, but 2 things are annoying about him from my perspective:

    1. he can grab survivors through obstacles when infecting them, making it way too easy to get that first hit
    2. After using his dash or after vaulting a pallet with his power, his cooldown on the next M1 seems kinda low, making it almost impossible for a survivor to reach another safe spot

    Otherwise I guess he is fine and seems like a fun to play killer. In that regard, he should not be nerfed too hard.

  • I like the nod to Lucky Star, you have balls of steel for rocking No Mither. I could never in a million years. 😂 I still remember this time that a Feng Min was running to main of Shattered Square, I was behind the door frame with IW, and the Kaneki flung himself into the door frame to cut off Feng Min, and he was mere centimeters away from me.

    Iron Will is very great against him, along with Lucky Star as you deny them sound that they mostly rely on along with aura reading.

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3905158#Comment_3905158

    I like the nod to Lucky Star, you have balls of steel for rocking No Mither. I could never in a million years. 😂 I still remember this time that a Feng Min was running to main of Shattered Square, I was behind the door frame with IW, and the Kaneki flung himself into the door frame to cut off Feng Min, and he was mere centimeters away from me.

    Iron Will is very great against him, along with Lucky Star as you deny them sound that they mostly rely on along with aura reading.

    Lucky Star is underrated for flashlight saves. It gives you Bond and Iron Will in just 1 perk

    But I have been running No Mither because I want to test the surrender mechanic out. What happens if I'm slugged but I can pick myself up anytime. I want to see it myself and I don't want to throw a match just to see it, so I play normally

    As for the rest of the perks, I am a Nightlight user, I like to do the build challenges 😁

  • He is kinda on the overpowered side. When I play him its usualy easy 4K and when I play againts him (majority of the time) it's usualy easy 4K for the killer. I think his mobility combined with super ranged ezi free hits and low cooldown makes him kinda busted combined.

  • i havent tried him myself yet but i think ive only won against him one time and it was a hatch escape… for reference im a pretty good player usually… hes ridiculously hard to combat and it feels like every encounter with him is doomed. and i dont think its because i dont know how to play against him, ive been playing nonstop since he came out and have been queueing back to back against him because everyone is playing as him rn. basically all the usual ways to combat killers dont work against him, the only thing that ever saves me is running away and hiding from him honestly… and unhooking people is basically a death trap because he basically teleports across the map immediately. someone is bound to get knocked down, whether its the person who got unhooked or the person who unhooked them. and all the killers are so toxic, they act like theyre seriously good when theyre just playing an overpowered killer combined with them camping and tunnelling, its an absolute nightmare.

  • Win/Loss factor: I'd say it's been a good, well-rounded experience. Playing both as and against him, I've had outcomes ranging from 4k's at 5 gens to 2 hooks by the endgame. I've looped and been looped, stomped and been stomped. It's been a diverse range of matches with nothing skewing the idea of him being overtuned in one area or another.

    Fun factor: I enjoyed playing as and against him very much. The only times he felt truly oppressive as survivor was on really bad map spawns (I'm talking the kind where you get like 7 pallets total) so the second he breaks the one you're at you're basically cooked; when I was actually at a loop his power ranged anywhere from "Complex movements where you as a survivor are constantly engaged and making reads on his positioning" to "M1 killer." On the other side, the worst and most unfun matches I had playing as him were in cases where the opposite was true, where even with every anti-W tool at my disposal the pallets were so tightly-packed that I was pretty much helpless against people who wanted to predrop and then run to another pallet. For these reasons I feel pretty confident in asserting his best maps are ones like Pale Rose or Rotten Fields where the RNG might just forget to spawn pallets literally anywhere, and his singular worst map is by far Gideon's.

    Overall I think he's a fantastic addition to the game. I think he could stand to get a few small upwards and downwards adjustments, but in terms of being fresh off the PTB this is probably their best release ever in my opinion.

  • @LiveBritishReaction said:

    Win/Loss factor: I'd say it's been a good, well-rounded experience. Playing both as and against him, I've had outcomes ranging from 4k's at 5 gens to 2 hooks by the endgame. I've looped and been looped, stomped and been stomped. It's been a diverse range of matches with nothing skewing the idea of him being overtuned in one area or another.

    Fun factor: I enjoyed playing as and against him very much. The only times he felt truly oppressive as survivor was on really bad map spawns (I'm talking the kind where you get like 7 pallets total) so the second he breaks the one you're at you're basically cooked; when I was actually at a loop his power ranged anywhere from "Complex movements where you as a survivor are constantly engaged and making reads on his positioning" to "M1 killer." On the other side, the worst and most unfun matches I had playing as him were in cases where the opposite was true, where even with every anti-W tool at my disposal the pallets were so tightly-packed that I was pretty much helpless against people who wanted to predrop and then run to another pallet. For these reasons I feel pretty confident in asserting his best maps are ones like Pale Rose or Rotten Fields where the RNG might just forget to spawn pallets literally anywhere, and his singular worst map is by far Gideon's.

    Overall I think he's a fantastic addition to the game. I think he could stand to get a few small upwards and downwards adjustments, but in terms of being fresh off the PTB this is probably their best release ever in my opinion.

    Maybe you're just having better luck than the rest of us. Wish I could have had a fun experience playing against him but I didn't.

  • The strongest killer relative to skill level. Injures free, insane range and mobility. Super strong tunneller. Catches up to the save instantly, disables OTR and DH with deep wound on unhook.

    Miserable to play against even with everyone running MFT and resilience and overcome.
    Won't be nerfed until they sell enough waifu skins.

  • Disgustingly broken and easy to play. Im just playing killer to complete the tome until they fix it. Or might as well just take some time off and go back to single player games.

  • @dayflare said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3905196#Comment_3905196

    Maybe you're just having better luck than the rest of us. Wish I could have had a fun experience playing against him but I didn't.

    I wouldn't say luck.

  • @BlackRabies said:

    I've only played several survivor games so far and watched Bronx for couple hours playing as Ghoul. I haven't bought the killer. He feels a bit too oppressive. Games I've played he just quickly dominates the matches out of about 10 matches only 2 survivors escaped. 1 via door and other hatch. Mostly getting the 4k with only 1 or 2 gens getting done. Other than just calling out for nerfs i got a few whys?

    From watching the killer's PoV (Bronx) landing his power seems too forgiving and very hard to avoid for survivors. Why does he even have the reticle when aiming his power when no other killer has one?

    Should he really be allowed to cancel his power mid dash for a very quick M1?

    Can't down with power, but wouldn't he be fine if he was %110 considering he can close the gap so quickly on survivors? If they're not already at a loop or tile your just dead.

    Why does he not have a fatigue after using his power? Probably the only killer in the game that doesn't have one and he has insane mobility.

    I know it's still too early, but I'm thinking he's potentially S tier along side Blight and Nurse.

    I wish he had more skill expression. Like I want to actually have to aim with the power. Also I wish they would add a way to down. Maybe something like Oni where after enough power hits you entered a second form that could down (In a perfect would they would make a Kakuja model) that along with a lot of number nerfs like more stun after a cancel.x miss, or a hit. Maybe longer recharge time or making him 110%. I just feel these type of almost automated powers are something that shouldn’t really exist in the game.

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    I never want to see hit scan ability like this again, unless we are going to also give Pig auto-target/auto-lock Ambush and other killers it too. It just doesn't work with an asymm horror imo. This is not a team-shooter/fps environment. I don't think DBD when playing this killer, I think either Marvel Rivals or some Shonen Jump based action/shooter game released by Bandai Namco. That's where i'd expect to see it, not in DBD.

    Yeah this type of killer really shouldn’t be allowed. Only in how automated his hit feels. I wish you actually had to time it and m1 it yourself. I also wish along with that you couldn’t latch on directly at all. Forcing you to play with the environment more and approaching at different angles. If I had any say I would do that and add an Oni bar type of thing. Where after enough hits you could enter a different from with the ability to down people. That along with a lot of number nerfs like his cooldowns and maybe making him 110 and he’d be perfect

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3904164#Comment_3904164

    Its because the animation doesn't line up with the actual attack.

    The attack is hitscan, meaning that it travels instantly, but if you have a tiny part of your arm or head or something exposed, it counts as a hit.

    They intentionally did this because the killer would be extremely hard to play on console otherwise. And as part of that, the 1st hit is easy, and the 2nd is not, due to the fact that he can't actually down with his power.

    No:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/1jrgnsd/i_want_kaneki_to_not_be_nerfed_as_much_as/

    No tiny part here, killer come two seconds after and hit a survivor which is 1m away from the window, I even doubt for it being a ping issue.

  • Can't play for a whole day because I disconnected out of a fit of frustration. I really wonder when BHVR's gonna fix this dog ######### killer.

  • Busted killer that will get nerfed when the sales drop.

    EDIT: Imagine Nurse with blink auto aim.

  • @IamFran said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3904484#Comment_3904484

    No:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/1jrgnsd/i_want_kaneki_to_not_be_nerfed_as_much_as/

    No tiny part here, killer come two seconds after and hit a survivor which is 1m away from the window, I even doubt for it being a ping issue.

    Hard to say without seeing the killers PoV here. As again, its a hitscan attack that doesn't line up with the animation. The killer might have click the button before the survivor rounded the corner but due to ping and the animation not lining up it looks weird.

  • Map traversal = Check

    Forgiving and easy to hit power = Check

    Gets countered by chained windows = Check!

    That is my summary of Kaneki.
    Overall, he is strong. He has some weaknesses sure, but he is definitely on the stronger side of the average. I'd say he is a solid A-tier killer.
    Now, I have not played too many games myself with or against him, but he seems fine to verse, at least in my experience of going against him, you just have to play around strong tiles, like a good main building or jungle gyms with LOS blockers. Playing as him is really fun, since you can essentially be like Spider Man around the map, going super fast. I do find him lacking in certain loops, but with the right set of perks and add-ons, you can play around that. He is far better at gen patroling, and catching survivors out in the open.

  • @dayflare said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3904851#Comment_3904851

    Just disconnected from a match because Ghoul hit me with his targeting ability when I was 10 feet away from him again. And on top of that, there is little to zero reaction time to dodge his targeting ability. And his jumping ability has close to no cooldown. Not OP you say? Maybe for a killer main, but from the survivors perspective it's completely broken. And if enough people are complaining about it, which there are, then clearly there is something that needs to be changed.

    Yeah, I'm a killer main. But that has nothing to do with it. It sounds like you've cut short your learning experience with the new killer by DC'ing a bunch. How can you expect to do anything against him if you always DC instead of trying to work something out? Not just for Kaneki, but anytime you know you're gonna get hit, you use that to plan your route. Once you get hit and get your free sprint burst, use it to get a strong tile.

    His ability is not supposed to be easy to dodge, which by itself puts him at Legion's level of strength. But it can also be used for mobility, I get. You need to plan around knowing how far he can go. And it's not infallible. Even the most fast and nimble killers have to contend with obstacles. That's why Blight can't use his power in every single area, because he's going to bump on something before his rush reaches you. Kaneki is no different, in that if he has a straight shot to you, he's gonna take it. If you run to where he's got a straight shot, that's your fault.

    His cooldown being fast is something you also can plan around. With Wesker who has a slow recovery, I can take advantage of him being slow/not being able to do anything by vaulting in his face or getting an extra go-around at a loop. Kaneki was designed with a shorter cooldown so that he could counter shift W, because if you have a long cooldown, then zooming right next to the survivors doesn't matter, because those couple seconds you have to spend catching up lets the survivors get to the next loop anyway.

    So all you've done is bring up his tools that allow the playing field to be more even than the average killer. He can actually do stuff at loops, and do stuff to catch up. Maybe instead of those things being considered OP because 1 killer has it, maybe all killers should have something similar so they can compete. Look at how many killers have fallen into complete obscurity because they physically can't do anything to counter loops or shift W. Ad populum doesn't mean he's OP. If a lot of people have a hard time going against a killer, that alone isn't grounds for nerfing them. You have to give us why and how he's not counterable. And him having mobility and a Legion-esq injure tool doesn't mean there's no counter.

  • @WolfePhD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/441561/your-experience-against-with-the-new-killer-so-far

    I have Deja Vu from Wesker’s release. I am happy that BHVR has released a killer that people want to play. But yes, I would like to play against other killers, too. 🙂

    I feel I am performing community service by queuing up as Naughty Bear Trapper in these desperate times.

    Thats a problem too. When you play a different killer then you get salty survivors with pent up salt.

  • @Zakon05 said:

    Played as the Ghoul today. Not my first time, though I am yet to lose as him yet, or even get less than a 4k. In fact on my first game I adepted him without even really understanding how to play him yet. But I digress.

    I need to borrow this birds eye view of the map I found on google to display how absolutely ridiculous this killer is.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HBM6CCBICUV4/2904838739-preview-temple-of-purgation-new.jpg

    Got completely outplayed by a survivor at 9. I got stuck in the enrage animation after hitting them with power but not pulling myself over a dropped pallet. I am currently on the left side of the pallet. The survivor has the entire map to run to.

    While I'm stuck in the enrage, he blinds me and runs towards main building. I decide to kick the pallet, because he's running double blind duration addons, so the blind lasts a long time and I can't see where he's going.

    As almost any other killer in the game, assuming they could get stuck in an animation like the Ghoul does, I just lost this chase. I not only had to recover from the enrage animation, I also had to finish the pallet break, while he has free reign to just hold W. The amount of time it would take me as almost anyone else just to catch up to him would give his allies a ton of gen time, and he would certainly make it inside the building, where he could use Temple of Purgation's windows to try to stall me further.

    He doesn't even make it inside the building.

    As soon as I'm out of the kick animation, I grapple towards him and cut him off before he could even get inside and down him.

    He outplayed me hard and it didn't matter at all. He still died seconds later.

    This is not okay.

    Something's not adding up. There is no possible way that you broke that pallet, were chain blinded so you couldn't see, and went straight to main backdoor with your ability before he could even get there. Didn't you just use your ability to injure him and give him a sprint burst? How could you have it again already, or even walk there that fast? That's point number 1. Number 2, there's like 4 different variations of that tile, and every one most definitely allows the survivor to get to door before you've charged up any ability after a pallet break. Even the variations where the pallet is closer to the door, which would put you both closer to it, would make it an even more fantastical story. I don't know if they have changed how far the tile spawns from the main since this chapter dropped, but I can think of no other explanation. I'm not saying you're lying. I'm just saying it's impossible.

  • @WolfePhD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/441561/your-experience-against-with-the-new-killer-so-far

    I have Deja Vu from Wesker’s release. I am happy that BHVR has released a killer that people want to play. But yes, I would like to play against other killers, too. 🙂

    I feel I am performing community service by queuing up as Naughty Bear Trapper in these desperate times.

    It's only natural that people would want to play the new killer after their release. I don't see a problem with this. It'll run its course, especially if he gets nerfed.

  • @KingHoarse said:

    Tokyo Ghoul chapter is a huge mistake. I knew he was busted the moment someone streamed a PTB match with him. I just feel like this chapter is nothing but a cash grab to lure in weebs and made this killer almost as strong as The Nurse.

    Literately facts. I was talking to someone saying how adding this weeb slop is just sort of cringe tbh. Sure Tokyo Ghoul is a "horror" anime series, but not in the same scope as a game like Dead By Daylight. DBD is not anime horror. It's slasher horror and it should stay that way.

  • @Unequalmitten86 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3905058#Comment_3905058

    Thats a problem too. When you play a different killer then you get salty survivors with pent up salt.

    When the Ghouls stopped showing up for a short amount of time, I was praising these killers even if their skill level was bad or if I died. I was just cherishing the moments I could spend without dealing with a broken killer.

1 2 3 4