The problem with NOED [RANT]
[EDIT]: This is a 2nd time edited post regarding the issues with NOED from my point of view.
[Introduction]: NOED itself can be a very useful perk when it comes to end game potential in a trial. Combined with Blood warden, and Remember me can leave a devastating end game build. The issue I want to address here today is the abusive tendency the perk can yield in the hands of a killer that want to display a more... Unpleasant outlook towards survivors.
[What is NOED?]: NOED or "No One Escapes Death" Is a end game perk that activates when all generators on the map have been repaired and power is restored to the exit gates. It can give a boost in speed from 2%/3%/4% while all iterations also give the "Exposed" ability.
[Why is it an issue?]: Before it was buffed, the perk itself was utilized as an end game potential for any killer to utilize and secure a kill before all/any remaining survivors flee through the exit gates. The perk itself it not the issue per-say, its how it is used is the problem. While the perk boosts impressive capability's, it's more commonly used now in the hands of killers that intend to spite any survivor they come across. Now of course not every killer who uses NOED is intending this, some killers use it just to gain a upper hand if the match is not going well OR to help certain killers such as The Clown, Freddy, Trapper, or etc who require more help. These killers are primarily M1 killers that could very well use this extra help as they're more commonly not able to handle certain survivor teams that know what they're doing.
To say the perk itself is overpowered is not true, it can easily be snuffed out by cleansing every totem on the map before all the generators are active, as it requires one dull totem on the map to turn into a Hex totem. No, the issue itself is the stigma behind the perk itself. It's not easy to determine what killer uses NOED, so as such its impossible to really determine the killer you're facing will have it. But that fact alone can bring a team to its downfall as most solo survival teams don't think ahead to cleanse all dull totems. So as a result some survivors can be killed at the end for this mistake.
Another issue is who its in the hands of. In the hands of say a noob its to be expected that they MIGHT not have grasped the concept of how certain mechanics work yet in the game, as such the perk is a great help to support them in the end game if they are not doing well. In the hands of say a toxic killer this can lead to some problems. This games community has always had a issue with toxicity, and as such some toxic players will find a way to "get a reaction" out of certain people. So as such they will use NOED, Ruin, Etc to get such reaction Post-game. Of course this won't always go to plan since not every killer is perfect, so some matches itself will be poorer than others. But the intention itself is the issue i'd like to address.
[Possibility for change]: Now this is a tricky one. The perk itself has always been the way it is but never to this degree since the buff. I hardly saw it used unless on end game builds before the buff, but it was I've come to see it more often used among any player. I think of the perk itself like Ruin, its just very common place no a days. While its easy to correct the issue of Ruin, NOED is a bit more tricky depending on your team.
Perhaps the perk itself could be redone to have a lasting effect such as haunted grounds during end game. Or it could just have a one time exposed effect on whoever it hits the first time. The discussion for ideas is up to anyone in the comment section really.
[Conculsion]: The problem itself relies solely on the survivor team itself to deal with NOED, and I feel most solo survivors don't consider it a threat until its obviously too late. Perhaps it can be more common place to be aware of the dangers NOED can bring, but its hard to really say if they even have it. Its more or less a gamble at this point, perhaps there could be some awareness that it exists when the totem spawns (Like say all survivors gain the Exposed effect Icon) or something to that degree.
[TL;DR]: The perk itself is not the issue really, its just who uses it and the modern survivors that deal with said perk. More awareness needs to be brought to the community on its potential end game destruction.

Comments
It's a bit of a paradox:
If NOED activates, and there are more than two survivors left, I have not been playing well.
If I get more than one hook after NOED activates, the survivors are not playing very well.
An age old question with a unsure answer.
Instaheals, Distortion, Dead Hard, DS, Urban Evasion, Adrenaline, Sprint Burst, Pallets, and every event firework at your disposal and you still have the nerve to call out NOED? That is sad. You have such a high chance of escape that it is mind boggling. Even at red ranks you can watch people spend a ton of time just being nearly invisible due to proper stealth tactics and fly through gens. When a survivor does make a misplay they have far more time and chances to recover from them. NOED honestly isn't even that good when it isn't the perk getting you killed. It is survivors getting greedy for points or choosing to BM when they could have easily escaped in most cases. It used to be that solution for dealing a lot of stuff was to slug the crap outta survivors. Now you have perks to recover to full multiple times so slugging took hit. That crippled early and mid game. Ruin is still crap due to totems still being crap on top of buffs to survivors through Prove Thyself. That means killers don't really get a late game so now you build for the end game especially at lower ranks cause that is the best way to force downs.
If you getting worked over by NOED then ask yourself, "What am I doing wrong?". It's not as if NOED gives away your location it just makes you easier to down. Not even kill, just down.
If I had to call out everything else you listed this entire thread would be a mile long page. We can all agree that balance in this game is just a meme now a days. Which is also sad really...
Idk... People can play with whatever perks they want. It is easy to criticize people for the stuff they do in this game. However, you pay your bucks for the game, as long as you play within the Dev's rules.
Who cares?
Easy to say...Don't use DS... Don't use Self-care.. Don't use NOED.. I play this way.. I play that way...
Who cares?
Just pick the perks you want.. The killer or survivor you want and have some fun.
Have your opinion... But it is just that.
Players don't need to measure themselves against you or your opinion, in order to play the game and have fun.
If I feel like taking out M1 Billy with NOED cause I find it funny... Well... I'm gonna do it and I don't care if little survivors have anything negative to say about it at the end... Cause I'm just gonna laugh.
Also you can't cleanse all totems as a solo player as you can't tell wether someone has already cleansed a totem or not. You can't search for that 5th totem for minutes because your team needs you to do gens. So everyone who says just cleanse the totems is just ignorant.
There are many good perks in the game for both sides but honestly decisive and noed are both just game breaking. Remove or rework both perks and everything's fine. Why make a big fuzz about it? If you rely on decisive or noed that much then you simply need to: GIT GUD.
And that's why this rant really just boils down to my opinion over (Insert other player) opinion. People can play how they like, but other players will always point it out as a cheap and or nooby play style.
You need to suffer NOED some more
Regardless if its on purpose or not i'll eventually come across it again lmao.
A couple of times I have had survivors wait for me at the gate, not realize I have NOED, and I down and hook them when they were trying to be teabagging smart asses. LOL! Survivors are so stupid!
Well I think it would be interesting to see how VASTLY off the "2 kill ratio" they go for is, if they were to remove NOED from that equation. They see 2 kills and think things are fair when in reality it's not and those numbers are being skewed by NOED.
Adapt, all you need to do is break 5 totems or risk it and be more careful on your escape.
If your problem is that its too hard against a noed nurse or Billy then simply this perk is nothing until gens are done. Even then if your team are failing you can get hatch.
I see no issue with NOED on either side. I rarely run it, and when I do, its because I see a toolbox brigade in my lobby. It may be a crutch, but its one that usually is broken 75% of the time in my matches before I can use it. Its high risk, high reward.
As a survivor, i assume every killer I play is running it, and I cleanse every totem I see. I do not assume other survivors are thinking as I do. If I see it get activated, you can bet my ass is out the gate quickly. I wont be giving you a 4K this game.
Survivors reward killers when running NOED by being stupid and being way too altruistic. Sorry, if the killer has NOED and you are hooked, I will be seeing you later.
If you concentrate so much power in the late game you sacrifice a perk.
In full tryhard mode the survivors rarely complete all generators, so NOED doesn't come into play. Even if all gens are complete, NOED can be negated from the survivors side.
Remember Me, Bloodwarden, NOED are all specific late game perks that can win you the game. The only difference is, NOED feels more impactful than Remember Me, but in truth. I get more people on a wrong foot with Remember Me then with NOED.
Poor baby. You didn't break the dull totems, rushed the gens, and got owned at the end. It'll be okay.
Pro tip: If the gens seem to be going way too fast and the killer isn't defending them they are very likely waiting on NOED. So that means you hop off gens and go cleanse those totems. Additionally, stop deluding yourself that you have the god jukes, because you don't, and just leave the game.
How to activate NOED: genrush, don't do totems
Every perk is for noobs because it gives them an advantage if you use add ons, any perks, or even dare to use an offering. YOU ARE A NOOBIE NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is what this is telling me. Hehe.
NOED should be reworked so it doesn't destroy one side too much in my opinion.
No One Escapes Death:
Progress infuriates you and gives you fuel to kill. Whenever a generator is completed, receive a 10% haste effect for 10/20/30 seconds. On the final generator being completed, all remaining pallets in the trial will get struck down by the Entity.Notice: It's not a Hex and it doesn't destroy only solo Q survivors. Both sides will have to be careful about this perk!
I've been rank one killer and survivor multiple times, I didn't buy this game yesterday...
Then go check. It almost sounds as if you feel entitled to a danger forecast. The killer gives up a perk slot all game for end game strength. Git gud.
You're sounding like an elitist every passing comment.
NOED doesn't destroy a survivor that isn't in the match. Do the gens and leave. Leave carefully and not with the intention of taunting and teabagging on your way out trying to farm extra points. Don't ignore the heartbeat when you work on gates. Or clean the totems. Problem solved.
Why would breaking pallets when the gens are done and gates open be useful? And a timed haste? I think Hope gives 2 minutes. That's utterly useless. What a horrible suggestion. Just bad. I mean who in their right mind would waste a perk slot all game for that? You should feel ashamed for even offering that as an alternative.
And your OP sounds like the meanderings of a bad survivor still going through the learning phase.
We all can't be a god like yourself M'lord. I'll be sure to train harder to live up to your standards.
You don't have to be. I don't look down on you for being bad or up to you for being good. The issue is when you suggest changing solid perks because you haven't learned how to deal with them, aren't skilled enough to deal with them, or too lazy to do so. It's nothing personal.
Maybe you can read the rest of my comments in this thread before coming to that assumption. Of course I think ahead to deal with it, but if your solo and the teams brain dead why bother?
U know it doesn’t matter what they run.
As a wraith main\leatherface, I can say I don’t ever run noed. Cause I don’t let people get 5 gens.(sometimes it can’t be avoided I guess). That said let them use it. it’s only a issue cause people are lazy and stupid and can’t be bothered to go into kyf and see what every perk does and put 2 and 2 together and say hey that’s a good perk. I might want to keep that out of the match.
Idk about all of u. but on day 1. I looked at all the perks to get a idea of what I was up against. So if u got burned by Noed no one to blame but yourself. I do all 5 if my teammates(use that term loosely) can’t be bothered.
I'll be updating the main post to clarify some things, it should be updated as this comment is being edited also.
Also play solo survivor for one day and look for all totems before touching a gen. Tell me how often you escaped. Most likely 0 times. You can not look for totems for minutes since a GOOD killer will typically sacrifice 1-2 survivors within those minutes. But obviously a noed user wouldn't know that as they typically get rekt all game and merely get their kills by slugging as many survivors as possible using 1 single perk slot that gives them the cheapest instadown in the game combined with more movement speed and reduced cooldown as noed users typically need to swing 10 times before they hit😂
Such a huge crutch it literally can only happen when survivors allow it too : P
I'm also gonna steal your gif here and use it for DS, SC, Adrenaline, dead hard, swf threads..
Hes part of the problem clearly.
just cleanse totems. NOED countered. 14s for 1 totem to be done and ppl still complain about NOED? hahaha you're kidding me. don't be a gen geek and do 2 or 3 totems and NOED will not spawn. WOW i know someting new. a new tactics to counter NOED. ######### me i hear it 1st time rn too. Don't be a little cry baby. DS, SB, Toolboxes and insta heals are okay, but NOED, well NOED is for noobs right? hahaha get a life
So what? Marth88 took every killer to rank 1 perkless so your feat is meaningless and by your same standard because he did it anyone that doesn't is just bad. But arguments laced with pejoratives attacking that what you don't like are pointless. Nobody cares what you think is newbish or not. Your approval means nothing to anyone here. Hell, let me know the 4 most newbish perks in your opinion and i'll use them exclusively to post videos of gameplay exploiting them right here on the forums and dedicate them to you.
Someone didn't read the post clearly.
Shall we stream a KYF? > @FireHazard said:
No, they read the post. The rest of us just know it's a bad or a great survivor looking to make their life easier by having a cry session over something that effects their style of play. The post has no merit and is just propaganda that like the thousands before will gain no traction for support, no general consensus, and only serves to be a distraction for people that are bored and bothering to respond.
Look buddy, the entire time you've been on this thread is to belittle anyone that you come across. Clearly you don't care at all what this post says and just want to look for a fight. Nobody here cares what you have to say and the same goes for what I say. Its cute you assume I care if this gains traction or not, the post itself is just a rant on a perk I don't like. This wasn't suppose to be the end all to change minds and hearts about NOED, its just a vent on a perk I consider trash.
You can stop being a special little snowflake
Assuming you're in high ranks if you know what the killer is you can probably guess that they have it or not and the team probably would cleanse the totems anyway players were doing that while I was in solo q around rank 15-13 before the ranked revamp.
Its more of a jab on players that use it to be outright toxic and or use it and assume they're actually good because of it.
The general concept of this thread was honestly just a vent, I reworked it because that original rant was more of a salt factory than a constructive rant. In my personal opinion only killers that can't apply effective map pressure can honestly be OK in my eyes to use the perk. Like for example, I don't think Myers or Leatherface need NOED due to the fact they can apply effect pressure if used in the right hands.
Killers that can apply next to no pressure like Clown and Freddy do need it because they require more planning to be effective in the trial. Killers that need buffs or are naturally not able to apply pressure can use NOED effectively. Killers like Nurse, Hilly Billy, Spirit, Myers, Leatherface, And even Huntress don't need NOED.
It boils down to who the killer is and their skill during chases. I'm aware the meme about "Its not the killers skill, its the survivors mistakes" that dictate a match overall, but in my opinion there is some skill involved when facing certain survivors. To me its not all just about survivor mistakes, its also your mistakes that can either continue or close a chase.
To me, if you're say a Leatherface main that uses NOED and tunnels and camps every survivor than that's part of the problem i'm ranting about, it has nothing to really do with actual new players that are trying to learn the game. Its more or less a rant on survivors that're just aware they're toxic and continue to do so regardless of what anyone says.
I didn't read through too many of these posts...
NOED has counterplay. Period.
It can be completely turned off before it even has an effect on the game. That is the point. Yes.
In a game where you're expected to die "Dead by Daylight".... having a powerful end game perk like this is fine. The buff is fine.
It was buffed to encourage people to break totems and slow down gens a touch. Stop crying.
Are you sure the buff was to slow down gens? Prove Thyself begs to differ, the direction they're going with that perk proves they have the opposite outlook on what you're saying.
The buff was to clearly pander to newer players (which is fine) but players that have 1k+ hours used that as an excuse to abuse the hell out of the perk. I saw NOED a fair few times back then before the buff and ever since the buff happened you see it way more often now.
No, I don't care what the posts says because it's just rhetoric to attack one of the few good perks the disadvantaged side has. Deal with it. This isn't your personal forum or safe space. I'm not obliged to just disagree and allow you an uncontested sounding board to lobby for bad ideas. So you can label my posts however you care too. I can't find a single F to give.
And neither can I, at least we agree on something.
Great! Let's try to find more common ground. Can we agree you need to git gud and stop stinking up the forums with baddie rants?